All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

As Tanis entered the diner she started scanning the room, a heavy sense of dread still hanging over her, and it didn’t take long for her to find Sinead. Even while bearing clear signs of having had a rough night, Sinead still looked so stunning that Tanis almost wanted to cry, especially when she knew just how poorly the night before had ended up for them.
There was no way that this was going to be an easy confrontation, but Tanis knew that there was no way around it. With a deep breath, Tanis started approaching Sinead, feeling heavier and more nauseous as she approached, but also a strange sense of excitement, happy that she actually got to see Sinead still, even if the circumstances were weird.
“Hi,” she breathed, feeling like she was going to puke, but there was no way around it anymore.
“Give me a sec. I just need to clock in,” she added, finding that she needed that distraction before able to properly facing Sinead. She wanted to have a proper conversation with her and clear out the air, finding it almost physically painful that she might have ruined their relationship for good.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm 

Sinead had a hard time justifying her presence in the diner. Even with the time it had taken Avi's papers to fax, Sinead had been at the diner for close to an hour. Over the course of her wait, Sinead had considered leaving the papers in the care of the diner staff, even if that meant putting her faith in them and hoping they wouldn't look through the folder in Tanis' absence. It was difficult to justify extending Tanis that kindness, when Sinead had left yesterday evening feeling like she had done nothing right.
In the pit of her stomach, however, Sinead knew the hard part wasn't justifying it - it was more so difficult admitting to herself that, even despite it all, there was nothing Sinead wanted more than to care for Tanis in any and all ways she was allowed to.
Sinead hadn't seen Tanis enter the diner, only looking up at the approaching sound of boots on the vinyl flooring. She had parted her lips to offer a greeting, but Tanis cut her off far before Sinead got a chance to process the fact that Tanis was even there.
The quickness of Tanis' voice made Sinead jump, caught off guard by the fact that Tanis wanted to spend more than a split second in Sinead's company. The ask interrupted a gesture, Sinead's hand already left the table to reach for her purse, and in it, the folder.
Almost sheepishly, she relaxed her posture, once again steadying her wrist against the table edge.
"Okay," she replied, no infliction at all in her voice. She didn't know what to make of if all, not knowing what was allowed or expected of her.
Nothing about the diner invited any conversation strongly weighted in either direction; Sinead doubted she would receive any clear rejection or honest admissions. It made her stomach turn, so wishing Tanis had come prepared to admit her regret, but the sheer fact they were in the middle of Tanis' workplace made that conversation beyond unlikely.
Regardless, Sinead was selfishly willing to give Tanis the benefit of the doubt. "I'll wait."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:05 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if Tanis had absolutely no reason to think otherwise, she was still relieved when Sinead promised her that she would wait. There was no reason as to why Sinead would want to stick around after all, Tanis full well aware of the fact that she had given her nothing but reasons to leave, yet she was still willing to wait it out for a couple of moments more and that was crucial time to Tanis.
She knew that they were going to have to talk somehow, but she also knew that they were going to have to be delicate about it, otherwise they would be too at risk in the diner. Luckily for the both of them, the diner was mostly empty and Tanis felt relieved to know that they at least had that in their favour.
Walking fast, Tanis had made it out back and quickly clocked herself in, sloppily tying an apron around her waist as she made her way back to the diner.
Even with the short delay, she still didn’t feel ready to face Sinead, but she also knew that if she didn’t clear things up right now, she was probably going to regret it forever.
“Sorry to keep you waiting, have you been waiting for long?” She asked as she got back to Sinead’s table, not feeling confident enough to take a seat across from her, unsure if Sinead would even want to talk it through or would rather just forget about it all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm 

The moment Tanis disappeared out of sight a rush of adrenaline went through Sinead. It took everything in Sinead's power not to get her hopes up, not to retrospectively hear a sense of urgency in the way Tanis had addressed her, or notice how quickly Tanis reappeared by her side. It sent her for a loop, making her head spin with both the best and worse possible outcomes.
When Tanis didn't sit down, Sinead only gawked at her, too dizzy to make sense of that decision. For a long moment, all Sinead could tie into that gesture was the fact that Tanis was, in fact, in the middle of her shift as a server and that any conversation they ought to have was utterly inappropriate.
"It's been fine," Sinead dismissed, sounding indifferent in her disorientation.
Her heart was racing in her chest, once again feeling like she had overreached; maybe Tanis didn't want to speak with her at all, maybe she just wanted to allow time for any spoken directions Sinead might have to convey on Avi's behalf. Maybe Tanis had actually rejected her.
That devastating conclusion to a frazzled train of thought brought an embarrassed flush to Sinead's cheeks. She had wanted Tanis to lead the conversation, knowing Tanis had the upper hand in it. After all, Sinead was the married part, the initiating part - so far, the only part to have verbally expressed her interest.
Unable to bear the silence, Sinead glanced away as if turning towards her purse. "I have your papers -"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:51 pm 

The tension between herself and Sinead was thick enough to cut with a knife and Tanis felt for certain that she had ruined everything. If it had been entirely up to her, she would have never pulled away from Sinead last night, but she knew that it had been the right decision in the moment.
Now though, it was impossible to tell what the dynamic between them was now and Tanis was still just filled with a sense of dread and the sense that she had ruined everything.
“Right, thanks,” she said, knowing that Sinead had went out of her way to help Tanis with this and that it was probably an offer that she was regretting now. Their dynamic had been different the day before when Sinead had initially offered to come by with her papers and Tanis doubted that Sinead would find her to be worth the effort now.
“Can we-“ She broke herself off, unsure what she was actually trying to ask of Sinead and if it was even going to be worth the effort. Maybe it was just done between the two of them and Tanis had ruined any chance of any kind of relationship with Sinead.
“I just-“ She broke herself off again, feeling frustrated by the fact that she couldn’t say what she actually wanted to say, especially not when they were in public. Even if the diner was mostly empty, Tanis still knew that she couldn’t speak as openly as she would want to. “Did I mess up?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:48 pm 

Everything about Tanis' demeanor was gut-wrenching, from the stuttered sentences to the frustration spilling into her throat. Sinead truly couldn't have had worse timing, hating that while she had left Tanis' apartment heartbroken, Tanis might have left fearing the rejection had been equal to a legal death sentence.
"No," Sinead replied, a sighed smile at her lip despite the nausea building in the back of her throat, her attention still directed at her purse. Tanis was so audibly nervous about the interaction, and Sinead wanted to soothe any of that, even if all she could offer was a reassuring honesty. She didn't want Tanis fearing for her legal representation in any way; Sinead felt selfish for not even considering that nuance.
"Avi sends his regards. He'd like to see you Saturday morning," she continued, a hidden promise of Avi's continued support in her tone, as she finally turned towards Tanis, folder in her hand.
Sinead had yet to tell Avi about everything that had happened, needing to offer him that honesty, too. With a tired, plastered on smile, Sinead offered Tanis the papers.
"You didn't mess up anything."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:04 pm 

Gingerly, almost as if she didn’t really understand what was going on still. While she knew that she probably should have been worrying about her future legal representation, it really hadn’t been on the forefront of her mind. In fact, it wasn’t until Sinead mentioned Avi’s name that it was even something that Tanis realised should probably be a priority.
“Not between us either?” She asked, feeling absolutely certain that Sinead had misunderstood her question and she wanted to make herself abundantly clear; or at least as clear as she felt like she could make herself while still being at work.
Tanis was still holding a lot of tension in her body, feeling completely unable to relax while she was feeling so uncertain about everything with Sinead. More than anything, she hoped that she would at least be able to salvage their friendship, even if she doubted that that was realistic.
“That is all I care about. I just don’t want to have messed up with you,” she added, almost feeling like she could cry, but she kept looking at Sinead, wanting to know the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:42 pm 

Tanis' question made Sinead's pulse skyrocket. Tanis had barely said anything, and yet Sinead's heart did a flip, her hopes too high too quickly. It was stupid and juvenile and utterly pitiful.
"No," Sinead admitted timidly. It felt like a coversation that commanded total silence, but the diner made for a loud backdrop between the coffee kettle and the buzzing of a radio. Sinead could barely hear her own thoughts.
"You didn't mess up anything."
The repetition brought a different heft to the words, even though Sinead had barely changed her infliction. She had spent an awful day, but she knew she should feel ashamed at how quickly that hurt seemed to ease with each word Tanis' spoke.
Having to bring herself and her expectations back to reality, she finally glanced down at her plate. Even though she should have offered Tanis the same question, she had asked her, Sinead wasn't sure if she could face the possible replies.
Instead, she spoke a broader, "I'm sorry if I overstepped."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:54 pm 

A feeling of relief washed over Tanis when Sinead insisted that she hadn’t messed up. Even if it seemed like a small way to comfort her, it was so important to Tanis that Sinead at least didn’t seem to actively loathe her.
In fact, the idea that Sinead could have overstepped completely boggled Tanis’ mind, having wished that she could have stayed close to Sinead forever and that she hadn’t broken away. It was something that had haunted her since she had woken back up, but she was so uncertain about whether or not it was something Sinead regretted.
“You didn’t,” she insisted, too quick in insisting that it was abundantly clear that had indeed been no overstepping. It was so difficult for her to not speak more clearly, wanting to make surer that there were no misunderstandings, but she knew that she couldn’t.
“That’s what I am trying to figure out if maybe I did.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm 

Sinead's attention immediately returned to Tanis, finding the quickness of Tanis' response hard to process, sending a thrill down her spine. The conversation was getting more awkward by the minute; while the tension between them seemed to have dissappated, they were on the cusp of saying things they couldn't say in public. It made their phrasings clumsy, making Sinead's fingers itch for an honest answer.
Finally coming to terms with the fact that Tanis had no intention of sitting down, Sinead turned, angling herself better out of the booth and towards the other woman. It created enough distance for her to cross her legs, but really, it was just an excuse to angle herself better into the feigned privacy of the conversation.
"So I was not mistaken?"
The question felt bold, but the way Sinead muttered it made it appear more fragile than brave. This really was the only question to ask; Sinead had kissed Tanis on several bold assumptions, feeling like she had experienced reciprocated interest in the way Tanis acted around her. She desperately needed to know whether or not they had been correct.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:09 am 

Even if Tanis had been the one to start the conversation, it still felt too bold to actually admit to what she was feeling for Sinead. She knew that she was in too deep already, fully aware of the fact that she would never be able to forget how it had felt to be held by her and kissed by her, but the possibility of it happening again was too much for Tanis to handle, unsure if she felt like she deserved it.
“You weren’t,” she said, realising only now that that was probably the impression she has given the other woman. Nothing could have been further from the truth and with Sinead so close to her again it felt almost painful not to reach out and touch her.
Instead, Tanis fiddled with the folder, feeling big awkward in holding it still, but also appreciating the slightly barrier, something that made her remember their actual situation.
“I’m gonna our this out back,” she stated, indicating the folder in her hands. “Why don’t you come with me and tell me what Avi said about it?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:32 pm 

The question made the hairs on Sinead's neck stand. She had already told Tanis everything that she knew about the papers and finally, for the first time over the course of their interaction, Sinead realized Tanis probably knew that.
It sent her head spinning, struggling with the revelation that they were at last on the same page. Even the possibility of leaving the public eye felt juvenile and thrilling, and Sinead was overcome with relief at the fact that Tanis still showed her that interest.
"Sure," she answered, doing what was in her power to sound casual about it.
She forced her eyes off of Tanis, turning to gather the lone pair of sunglasses off the table and into her purse. In reality, her heart was beating out of her chest at even the smallest possibility of getting to hold Tanis again - not at some indistinct point in the future, but now.
When Sinead's attention returned onto Tanis, she was smiling, finally a girlish grin to the corner of her mouth. "I have time."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:00 am 

Tanis felt absolutely convinced that Sinead had understood the implications of her question and suddenly it felt far too bold. It was so clear that the two of them desired each other and Tanis really and truly had no idea what that meant for the two of them. However, Tanis also knew that she wasn’t going to be able to keep denying herself Sinead, especially not now that she knew that her attraction was mutual.
Her heart was hammering in her chest as she held the door open to their back room, allowing Sinead to enter before herself. It made her feel somewhat in control of the situation, allowing her a moment to properly realise what she was actually doing.
It didn’t help that Sinead always seemed to sport a girlish grin at the prospect of getting to be close with Tanis. It was almost too much pressure for her to live up to, but she also wanted to be close with Sinead so bad that it was just something she was going to have to live with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:21 am 

Sinead could hardly believe Tanis allowed them that moment of privacy. The diner wasn't full, it being that awkward time between lunch and dinner, but it was far from empty. Both staff and patrons peppered the room, and yet nobody seemed to take notice when Sinead slipped inside the door marked private, Tanis closely after her.
The state of the room made Sinead's heart do a flip in pitiful antificipation. The room was simultaneously sparsely furnished and filled to the brim with long term storage. By no means did it invite a practical chat about courtdates, but Sinead had no issues thinking of other things, the room was entirely appropriate.
Sinead's skin felt electric when she crossed the room, gingerly leaving her purse on an empty feet of shelving. Then, she turned to face Tanis.
There was no doubt in her mind that every want and desire was painted across her features, and yet she stayed put. Despite everything Tanis had - discreetly - told her, Sinead still felt hesitant of what was allowed of her, still a fear of rejection deep in her stomach.
Regardless of any nerves, Sinead felt refreshed. It was juvenile, thrilling in a way that felt reminiscent of youth and simpler times. She couldn't stop a grin from appearing onto her lips.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:48 am 

As Tanis closed the door a deep silence fell over the two of them. The room was buzzing with unsaid expectations and what they both knew that they wanted, but Tanis still couldn’t help but feel guilty about the entire ordeal.
After all, she did like Avi and found him to be an pleasant guy, but she also knew that it was impossible for her to stay away from Sinead for much longer. It seemed terrible for her to know exactly what both of them wanted and yet not be able to fully give in.
“I have to ask,” she said, her voice tentative in a way it hadn’t been before. She gingerly placed her folder on an empty shelf, wanting her hands free, even if she had no idea what to do with them.
“Do you love him?” She followed up with, figuring that it was going to be obvious who she was talking about. It felt like an injustice to Avi that she was even considering this, but she wanted Sinead so badly that it was hard to think straight. “Is this a new thing for you?”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:58 am 

The smile remained on Sinead's lips, though it had become gentler. The questions were in every way justified - even the fact that they were on Tanis' mind was so expected, that it had been the most plausible explanation as to why their kiss had been cut short last night.
"No," she replied, her voice low but easy. The reply came as a response to both questions, though she knew much more could be said.
Sinead had no doubt in her mind that she had love for Avi, and vice versa, but not in the way Tanis had asked the question. It was a longer, complicated explanation that Sinead didn't feel like the situation invited it. She did, however, realize Tanis deserved it, at some point or another.
Above all, Tanis deserved to be the one to pace them and their relation. Sinead could understand if Tanis wanted to wait for her case to be resolved, if only for the distinction of no longer spending time around Avi. Sinead did, however, not want to suggest it, selfishly wanting to feel her close again.
"Is it for you?" she asked, gently and with great patience.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:48 pm 

While it didn’t do anything to take away all of Tanis’ guilt, it did help her to know that Sinead didn’t actually love her husband. It was something that caught Tanis a little aback, having fully thought the two of them to have a loving relationship, but maybe she had been wrong about that.
“No,” she admitted, having been with several other women in her time, even if she had never been in a relationship before. Yet, she knew that she had never been with anyone quite like Sinead, no matter how many people she had been with in the past.
Tanis doubted that she was ever going to get used to Sinead’s smile, liking how it looked on her face and how it seemed to light up the room. It made her feel weak to her knees and she knew that she would do anything to keep Sinead smiling like that.
“Is it alright if I kiss you?”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:43 pm 

In moments like these, there was such a genuine sweetness about Tanis that made Sinead's hearts do somersaults. The young woman ahead of her was charged with a violent offence and still it seemed like it had taken everything in her to muster the bravery to ask permission to kiss Sinead.
It was utterly mouthwatering, the implications thrilling beyond expression.
Sinead's smile reflected some of that, seemingly pleased by the turn of events.
Seeing that shyness in Tanis' posture, Sinead shifted. It was clear that Sinead brought such baggage to the interaction that it proved intimidating, and Sinead wanted to do everything she could to ease that transition. Stepping closer to the other woman, Sinead's fingertips barely caught Tanis' waist.
"Yes," Sinead replied, sweetly but barely able to contain a grin. She would have kisses Tanis herself with an ounce of doubt, but once again, Sinead didn't want to take that away from Tanis.
There was something dizzying about the way her fingertips could catch at the ribbon of Tanis' apron. "I'd like that."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:57 pm 

Tanis was desperately trying to keep keep her focus, but the way that Sinead was touching her, even if it was just her holding onto her waist, made her head spin and made it hard for her to focus. Tanis was absolutely mesmerised by Sinead, knowing just how willing she was to do whatever the other woman asked her to do, even if she had been the one to take charge.
Not wanting to linger for too long, scared that she was going to lose her nerve if she waited for to long, she ran her hands up Sinead’s arms, mirroring what she had done the evening before, and allowing the her hands to land on her shoulders again.
She stretched up, once again struck by just how tall Sinead was and how difficult it was for her to properly reach her lips. She still managed though and once Tanis actually got to kiss Sinead on the lips she felt that nothing had ever been wrong between the two of them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:53 pm 

Sinead was still smiling when Tanis' lips met hers; it was hard not to. It had only been almost precisely half a day since they had last been in this exact position, but the devastation that had occupied Sinead's heart and mind for the entirety of her day made it seem like it had been a lifetime ago.
However, Sinead reciprocated the kiss with a dangerous amount of familiarity. Tipping her head to shorten the distance, her hands were quick to grip Tanis with more purpose. The way the knot of the apron brushed against her palm did little, if anything at all, to remind her of the fact that Tanis was at work. Sinead didn't even attempt to steady themselves in reality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next