All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

The revelation that Sinead used to live in a place like this came as a surprise to Tanis. It was hard for her to think of Sinead anything but an incredibly elegant lawyer’s wife, those being shoes that Sinead seemed to fill so perfectly.
However, it also made sense to her that Sinead hadn’t always had everything, finding that she was too caring and too empathetic to have been born into wealth. It might be a judgemental thing to think, but Tanis had found that she was right about that more often than not.
“Then this is is a piece of cake for you, huh?” She asked with a teasing grin, as they finally reached third and Tanis fiddled with her keys to find the right one.
Once she had unlocked the door, she went inside and kept the door open for Sinead who was still carrying a large casserole for her. It made her heart swell to know that Sinead wanted to take such care of her.
“Lucky you found Avi then,” she stated, feeling a little weird about him being mentioned now, almost as if she needed reminding that her thoughts about Sinead were absurd.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:20 pm 

It was almost pitiful how flustered Sinead became by the simple act of effortless inviting her inside, as if Tanis herself had had no second thoughts about it. It was hard to justify why taking the last few steps fully into Tanis' apartment was so dizzyingly different than having followed her up three flights of stairs.
Knowing Tanis could hardly afford rent on her own, even in a building like this, Sinead entered with great caution, in case there were people sleeping inside. In reality, Sinead wanted to cuss Tanis out, arguing that she had misunderstood that, too.
It was, however, past 3 am and Sinead's command of reality was starting to slip. Either adrenaline remained fiercely in her system, or Sinead's heart rate had spiked at the sudden close proximity to Tanis.
"Where's the kitchen?" she muttered, needing to find purpose beyond holding a pot. "I'll drop this off and I'll get out of your hair."
Her addition was at least half a lie, knowing she didn't want to do such thing; however, she knew better that to pretend she had any reason to linger at Tanis', even less so at this time of day. "You should get some sleep."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The way Sinead talked as if Tanis was eager to get rid of her made Tanis a little flustered, fearing that she had someone expressed a dislike to having Sinead around. In reality, it was probably just due to the fact that it was three am and Sinead knew that Tanis had to be up and at work in a couple of hours.
“Through there,” Tanis said and pointed to the door at the end of the hallway. She hoped that her roommates had done their dishes, but she honestly doubted that that was going to be the case. She hated living with other people but it was just part of the deal when you lived in a big city.
“Also there is no need to rush for me,” she added as she followed Sinead to the kitchen, the mix of her being tired and adrenaline ridden making her thought process muddled and hard to keep up with. “I like having you around.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm 

Sinead wasn't looking at Tanis, and still the tender honesty of her words made Sinead's heart do a flip. Rationally she knew the pacing of their evening wasn't dictated by whether or not they wanted to be around each other, but by the fact that Sinead had to get to work. Though her round trip had already been delayed once, Sinead felt no rush to leave Tanis, either.
"You do?" she pressed, some degree of disbelief in her voice, though the challenge was softened by the fact that Sinead had only accompanied the question with a quick glance.
With a careful motion, Sinead placed the pot onto the available counter. Having been reassured that Tanis wasn't in any rush, she undid the dishtowel covering it in order to feel safe placing the pot onto the stove.
The metal made a clatter against the cook top, bringing Sinead back to reality, having to face the fact that there was nothing left for her to do.
When she turned around, she realized just how small Tanis' kitchen actually was. The sheer act of not leaning against the stove meant Tanis was almost within her reach.
"Is that why you invited me up?"
Sinead's question was gentle, a smile barely on her lips. The question didn't seem to interrupt her relative ease by any means, folding the dish towel into quarters, before abandoning that on the counter, too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:50 pm 

The bold question sent a shiver down Tanis’ spine, hear head spinning with what the question might possibly mean to Sinead. She knew that it was probably nothing and it made no sense to think of it too much, yet she couldn’t help but feel that it was a test somehow and she had no idea what the right question was if she wanted to pass.
“I guess it is,” she said with a sheepish grin, not wanting to settle too much on one answer, even if she knew exactly why she did what she did. She just wanted to have Sinead around and every time she got to spend time on her own with Sinead, Tanis found that she never wanted it to end.
“Trying to drag out the inevitable,” she added and regretted it as soon as she had. However, she also saw no way to save the statement as anything other than pure adoration, her voice seeped with honesty as she had spoken.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:14 pm 

Though a smile had barely been on Sinead's lips to begin with, her lips relaxed at Tanis' reply, lips barely parting. Sinead could have grinned with joy, thrilled at what she seemed to confirm every time Tanis allowed herself to have a moment of clarity with her.
"Is that what you want us to do?" she asked, a girlish smile finally returning to her lip. She had a feeling that wasn't a valid question, knowing that that maybe wasn't how Tanis had intended her words to be understood. Regardless, they seemed to have struck a nerve with Sinead, offering a moment of clarity.
The more time Sinead spent around Tanis, the more inevitable had it started to feel. Sinead doubted Tanis would ever slip, even though she sometimes thought she had seen that instinct suppressed. There was too much on the stake for Tanis, too much depending on Avi's continued help. Sinead knew it wouldn't be an issue, making it that much easier to indulge in.
"Or can I finally kiss you, Tanis?"
Sinead's voice was gentle, still with some degree of consideration for it being a communal space. Her words, however, were heavy for someone who hadn't moved to reach out for Tanis. Despite the boldness of her admission - Sinead had, in fact, wanted to kiss Tanis ever since she had started suspecting that Tanis didn't like fellas - Sinead didn't want to rob Tanis the choice of refusing her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:27 pm 

There was nothing that could have prepared for the next words out of Sinead’s mouth, having thought that she had been alone with her feelings and that she would be forced to just swallow it. It seemed far too daunting to indulge in the question, fully realise how the finally sent a shiver down her spine and made her head spin with the possibilities of just how long Sinead had been feeling like this.
Finally taking the time to properly look at Sinead, Tanis realised just how tall she was and how it only served to make her head spin further with the realisation that she would probably have to tiptoe if she were to actually kiss her.
There was nothing she could think of to answer that wouldn’t put her in a dangerous situation, feeling at a loss about what to do but knowing fully what she wanted to do. It was too enticing and no matter how much Tanis was debating with herself, she knew that she would never be able to reject Sinead.
“Yes,” she said, her voice stronger and clearer than she had thought it would be. It spoke to just how badly she wanted it and how she wasn’t going to let the doubt get to her. “You can kiss me.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:42 pm 

Sinead's smile widened at that, coming across more pleased than relieved. There hadn't been much doubt in her heart that Tanis reciprocrated the interest; it had, however, been difficult for her to judge if Tanis would dare jeopardize her legal repressentation. The hidden compliment in Tanis' answer made Sinead's heart rate quicken.
It didn't take any further invitation for Sinead to cross the distance between them.
As soon as Tanis was in her reach, Sinead ran her hand gingerly through Tanis' hair, fingers starting at the temple. The gesture was tender and careful, emanating of someone who hadn't gotten to experience running her hand through long hair in a while. Even more likely, Sinead's touch was delicate, having spent weeks wanting to learn if Tanis' hair would feel as silky as it looked.
It did.
There was a brief moment were that realization made the corner of her mouth tug upwards, before Sinead indulged herself and leaned in to press a kiss to Tanis' lips. The kiss itself was careful, quiet even, but Sinead's touch instead grew more purposeful. Even though Sinead leaned in to meet Tanis' height some, her hand settled at the nape of Tanis' neck, urging her to stretch into the kiss in a brief moment of desperation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:50 pm 

Seeing Sinead smile like that and having it quickly followed up by the hand in her hair made Tanis’ head spin further, having not been aware of just how badly she had wanted Sinead until she finally got her. It was beyond her wildest imagination and as they lips finally collided, the kiss so sweet and gently that Tanis almost wanted to weep, she was having a hard time believing what was actually going on.
Tanis eagerly stretched into the kiss when prompted to do so, knowing that she would do anything that Sinead asked of her right in that moment.
Gingerly, almost as if she was afraid of misstepping, which wasn’t far from the truth, she placed her hands on Sinead’s hips, needing something to keep herself balanced in the kiss. She never wanted it to end.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 pm 

Tanis was utterly refreshing, unlike anything Sinead had kept as part of her adult life. It made her too easy to indulge in, dangerously familiar in her stubbornness. It brought Sinead back to her youth, having spend countless nights in kitchenettes like this in an attempt to find a moment alone in a city that never seemed to allow her any room to breathe.
It was a difficult line to stay on; thrilled at what Tanis had given her, but desperately wanting more. In that moment, Sinead was sick and tired of pretending she was above any of this, that everything about this didn't have her bursting at the seams.
Inevitably, Sinead's hand slipped from Tanis' neck. The weight of Tanis' hands against her hips was dizzying, wanting Tanis far closer than that stance would ever allow. There was a practiced ease in the way Sinead's arms wrapped around Tanis, only barely leaning out of the kiss in order to create enough distance maneuver in the embrace.
One arm wrapped tightly around Tanis' waist, the other hand steady at her ribs. In one decisive motion, Sinead held Tanis' closer, pulling her onto the balls of her feet before meeting the kiss with new intensity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:56 am 

The embrace seemed too familiar for something that was so new. Tanis knew just how easy it would be for her to get used to kissing Sinead, never wanting the embrace nor the kiss to end. Her head was spinning from how much she had to stretch to be able to properly return the kiss and the ease with which Sinead wrapped her arms around her, speaking to how much she wanted it as well.
Tanis’ hands left Sinead’s hips, instead they trailed up her arms, wanting to confirm that it was all really and actually happening somehow, before they landed on her shoulders. This made it easier for Tanis to stretch up, only just touching the ground with the balls of her feet.
Part of her was convinced that this was simply a dream fuelled by her exhaustion and the adrenaline in her system, however Sinead felt so really against her, their bodies pressed together in the dim light of her kitchen, so Tanis knew that she couldn’t be making this up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:40 am 

The feeling of Tanis' hands trailing her arms, settling at her shoulders made Sinead smile into the kiss. It was juvenile, but the gentle confirmation of reciprocated interest made her heart do somersaults, thrilled that they had found a moment to meet each other like this.
In a matter of moments, Sinead was grinning, too widely so to properly sustain the kiss. Rather than leaning out, Sinead's grip around Tanis' loosened, letting her slip an inch, creating that distance between them.
Even despite the dizzingly proximity, Sinead's eyes had fluttered open. It was too daunting to meet Tanis' eye, but Sinead's attention had settled on the other woman's lips. It didn't do much to suffocate the smile, Sinead's teeth showing in a girlish, giddy smile, before she leaned in to once again meet Tanis' lips in a starved kiss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:14 pm 

Tanis’ head was still spinning when Sinead broke the kiss, and seeing how Sinead smiled at her was doing nothing to help settle her down a little. It was completely unbelievable to her that Sinead would even want to kiss her in the first place and that she was kissing her with such vigour didn’t make it easier for her to believe.
Still Tanis just wanted to make the most of it, holding on tightly to Sinead in an attempt to keep her balance, still stretching on her tiptoes. It was too much and Tanis knew that it was too much, yet she couldn’t find it in herself to care about that, all she wanted was Sinead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:24 pm 

In the back of her mind, Sinead understood it to be a fleeting moment. She knew that, despite the willingness Tanis expressed into the kiss, everything was up in the air as soon as Tanis was forced to face her actions in the light of day.
Sinead, though confident in Tanis' reciprocated interest, didn't know if this was the first and only chance she got to kiss Tanis.
Though Sinead knew she wanted nothing more than to do this again, indefinitely, she knew that there was a real risk that Tanis would not want to even acknowledge it the next time they saw one another.
That thought must have been easily interpreted, her grip one again tightening, fingers digging into the fabric of Tanis' shirt in order to push beneath the length of Tanis' hair, not wanting it to catch and pull.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:17 pm 

Every time Sinead adjusted her grip or held her tighter, Tans wanted to do the same, wanting to be able to stretch further, make it easier for Sinead to reach her. Sinead overwhelmed her senses, surrounding her from everywhere and yet Tanis still found herself yearning for more.
However, she was brought back to reality when she heard one of her roommates rustling about, knowing that they would probably get up soon to start a night shift of their own.
Despite how little she wanted to, Tanis broke the kiss, something accomplished by her simply standing back on the flats of her feet. She looked up at Sinead, head still spinning, her hands having slid down to her elbows in the process.
“We shouldn’t,” she breathed, realising that making out with her lawyer’s wife probably wasn’t amount the smartest things that she had done in her life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:31 am 

Even though Sinead had expected some reluctance from Tanis, nothing could have prepared her for just how quickly it came. It completely pulled the rug from under her, feeling like she had lost her footing had Tanis' hands not been around her elbows.
Feeling the sting of rejection, Sinead removed her hands from Tanis' person. It was heartbreaking, finding it unlikely that Tanis would ever feel more comfortable around her than here, in the safety of her own home. With it came a nauseating feeling of having overshared. Sinead knew that Tanis couldn't share this with anybody that would ever affect Sinead's life, but she felt her excitement deflate, feeling like it left them on difficult terms.
Not knowing what else Tanis wanted of her, Sinead stepped out of the embrace, shrugging Tanis' hands off of her. Her face felt warm, unable to fully process the series of emotionally draining ups and downs she had lived through in the span of an hour.
"I should go," she muttered; yet to leave the kitchen, but having turned her attention away from Tanis.
She felt utterly mortified, embarrassed by it all. "I didn't mean to intrude."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm 

Tanis felt the loss of Sinead against her body so deeply that she almost wanted to weep. She really wanted to pull her back in and kiss her again, however with the realisation that her roommate was waking up, Tanis was also remembering that other people existed period, and with that came the realisation just who Sinead was to her.
No matter how much Tanis just wanted to take Sinead’s hand and run away from everything, she knew that she couldn’t afford to lose Avi’s help and she figured that running away with his wife wasn’t the best idea for her.
So no matter how much she wished that Sinead didn’t have to let go of her and go to work, she knew that that was what they had to do.
“You weren’t,” she managed, but she wasn’t sure if Sinead was going to believe her no matter what she said. It was clear that Sinead was slightly embarrassed by it all and Tanis feared that it had just been her being caught up in the moment. Maybe it had just been the adrenaline and that kissing her had seemed exciting in the moment. It made Tanis’ stomach drop and made her feel sick, but she was just going to have to accept if that was the case.
“Thank you, for everything,” she added, looking down at the floor, unable to properly face Sinead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:52 pm 

Tanis' rejection had hit Sinead harder than she could ever have expected. It might have been its timing; Sinead might have been able to stomach it better if it had come before she got to hold Tanis' in her arms.
The parting words Tanis' offered her felt like they were in conflict with one another. Above all, it made it feel like a slap in the face, too much like an intentional and comprehensive goodbye. Besides the kiss, Sinead hadn't extended Tanis any invasive courtesies and the thought of those being rejected as well made it hard for Sinead to look at Tanis.
All she could muster was a brief glance, her lips pulled taut in a joyless smile.
Not knowing what to say, Sinead nodded in place of a spoken reply. She wanted to apologize all over again, but the sound of someone shifting deep within the apartment served as a crude reminder of reality, only then far out of her haze to be present in the moment.
Finally understanding she had greatly overstayed her welcome, she nervously adjusted her skirt, even though it immediately creased again, as she stepped past Tanis to leave the kitchen. "I'll let myself out, you get some rest."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:24 pm 

Everything within Tanis was screaming for her to pull Sinead back in, doing anything to soothe the pain of no longer being close to her. It seemed so surreal to Tanis that she could still barely believe that she had actually gotten to kiss Sinead, even if her lips were still tingling and she could still feel the ghost of her embrace.

The way to work the next morning was long for Tanis, especially considering that she had barely gotten any rest. She couldn’t help but feel that she had messed up irreversibly and that nothing was ever going to be the same again.
It was with a heavy sense of dread in the pit of her stomach that she approached the diner, knowing that Sinead was going to be waiting there for her and she found it impossible to face her. However, she also knew that it was a necessary evil and they were both just going to have to get over the awkwardness, if only for them to be able to talk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:17 am 

Sinead sat comfortably in a booth at the diner. In front of her was her second cup of coffee, accompanied by a half eaten pork over grits. Her attention was drawn to yesterdays newspaper, lazily flipping through the pages. Besides a blue tinge beneath her eyes, it was hard to tell just the night Sinead had had.
Sinead had arrived to work late and with her heart in her throat. The rejection hadn't fully struck her before she was once again sitting in her car - this time alone. A nauseating feeling of regret had welled up within her, tears still pressing on as she walked into her office. For the first time in existence, Sinead had felt relieved she could blame her lack of composure to an altercation with the police. Of course, nobody had blamed her, every woman there knowing that situation by heart.
It had taken the better part of they day, but Sinead had collected herself. This wasn't the first time Sinead had to put up a front, too-familiar with the situation and willing to pretend nothing had happened. In the time moving forward, she would just have to avoid extending Tanis any kindness that could be misinterpreted, even if she knew that ment distancing herself further. She knew this was possible, knowing that Tanis was soon out of her life, no matter how heartbreaking that thought was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next