All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:02 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

While the apology was greatly appreciated, it hadn’t at all been what Sirius has been baiting for. More than anything else, he had just wanted to know if he had been the one to overstep and misread the entire situation, but everything about Remus suggested otherwise. It made Sirius’ head spin with possibilities, suddenly feeling the sting of rejection less potently and instead having his heart swell with hope.
Seeing Remus get closer to him did nothing to ease his heartbeat, instead it continued to beat more furiously in his chest, almost as if it was trying to get out. It made it hard to breathe and as Remus got closer Sirius felt forced to actually look up at him.
To describe Remus as beautiful, at least in the traditional sense, wasn’t entirely accurate, yet it was still the only word that Sirius found to be truly fitting for his flatmate. He truly found Remus to be beautiful and when he was looking at Sirius the way he did, it felt impossible to stay stern with him.
“I did,” he eventually admitted, biting down in his bottom lip in an attempt to gain some kind of closure with reality but it didn’t help much. “I did have a good time.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:33 am 

All Remus had done was to push himself away from the kitchen table, yet the simple act of straightening his posture had greatly diminished the space between them. The kitchen wasn't large to begin with, but wit the tabletop no longer digging into the back of his thighs, Remus was suddenly aware of the fact that he no longer was as far away from Sirius as he could have been.
It felt like he had moved into Sirius' personal space, dangerously close to an invisible line Remus wasn't certain he was allowed to cross. The way Sirius, too, leaned against the counters meant he was just out of Remus' reach, making his fingertips itch.
Remus knew exactly why that distance felt uncomfortable, too quickly having gotten used to be no more than a few feet apart from Sirius, hands always finding the other.
"Good," he responded in an exhale, not knowing what else to say.
There must have been some feeling of relief, but the way Sirius bit his lip before speaking seemed to soften any other emotion. It made Remus' heart do a flip.
Remus' eyes darted back onto Sirius' when Sirius reiterated the same point. This time, Remus nodded in agreement, still trying to interpret the extent of what was included in Sirius' phrase.
"I'm glad."
The pacing of their conversation was almost too polite, a series of matter-of-factly statements. Remus' mind and heart, however, were racing at a thousand miles an hour, knowing neither of them were saying anything productive.
His lips parted, trying to muster the courage to ask the question that had been on Remus' mind since last night.
"Would you ever want to do it again?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:05 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The heavy implications of the question sent shivers down Sirius’ spine, head spinning with Remus’ sudden proximity, even if he knew that it wasn’t really possible to be much further apart in their tiny kitchen. Sirius knew he was a weak man and it was difficult for him to not remember how it had felt for Remus to touch him and how it had felt to kiss him.
Sirius felt so incredibly drawn to Remus and the opportunity of doing any of it again was enough to make his head spin and his heart beat faster.
“Yes,” he breathed, holding on tight to the counter in an attempt to stop himself from reaching out for Remus again. He didn’t understand why their night before had been cut so short so suddenly, but he was willing to forget that just for the chance to do it again.
“I’d like that,” he said as he properly looked at Remus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:51 pm 

Finally, after what felt like an eternal day feeling dreadful and anxious, Remus smiled. There was a feeling of careful relief, the smile growing slowly across his lips as the implications of Sirius' reply fully dawned upon him.
Remus' expression was juvenile and sweet, thrilled at the prospect of getting to continue being around Sirius like that, even if he feared it to be on borrowed time. Remus hardly felt deserving of Sirius time and attention, making the gratification of Sirius' reply seem that much more dizzying.
"Yeah?" Remus replied, too flustered to properly top the exitcement from seeping into his voice.
Unable to help himself, Remus stepped closer, effectively halving the distance between them. The space between them no longer felt casual, but it couldn't yet compare to the intimacy of yesterday; While Sirius had suddenly come back within reach, Remus didn't move to touch him.
Somewhere deeper within the flat, James turned off the shower, making the flat seem unusually quiet with the white noise of running water no longer filling the space. It made Remus' voice carry that much clearer when he spoke, his excitement having turned into a grin. "Then yeah, I'd say the hangover's worth it."
The silence that fell over the flat seemed to help Remus gage the passing of time, forcefully confronting him with the fact that it was only a mater of time before James would reappear from his shower. It struck Remus with a sense of urgency, a thrill running down his spine at the knowledge that this was a stolen moment; though Sirius had agreed to see him again, Remus had no sense of when that would be.
So, Remus finally reached out for Sirius, stepping properly into Sirius' proximity.
His hand caught Sirius' jaw, his lips meeting Sirius' in a kiss in the same moment he heard the bathroom door swing open.
His fingers had only just carded themselves into the hair behind Sirius' ear, tipping his chin upwards into the kiss, making Remus' startled surprise seem that much more evident.
His hand was the first to leave Sirius' person, before fully leaning out of the kiss within the next heart beat.
Remus looked utterly caught off guard, such a ridicule about it all that, for the brief moment he was still properly in Sirius' space, he almost looked like he was grinning, entertained by the boyishness of it all. Remus had yet to experience anything like this, and for a moment, Remus seemed more pleased than disappointed.
Without giving them any further chance of settling themselves, Remus stepped out of the embrace, quick to once again anchor himself against the dining table.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:44 pm 

Everything about their interaction seemed juvenile and Sirius’ head was still spinning with the possibilities of it all. The boyish grin that Remus was flashing him made Sirius weak in his knees and made him long even more for Remus’ touch once more.
Soon enough though, he got his wish to come true, even if he hadn’t expected to get it already.
The feeling of Remus’ hand on his jaw, instinctively making Sirius raise his head and lean into the touch. The kiss was brief and left Sirius wanting even more, made him want to pull Remus back and make him finish what he had started, but he also knew that that wasn’t possible.
He had barely finished the though when James entered the kitchen, a towel wrapped haphazardly wrapped around his waist and his glasses faintly foggy with steam.
“Oh, you’re both back home,” James stated, bright smile on his face, clearly not picking up on the weird tension in the room or just refusing to acknowledge it.
“Perfect, I’ve been meaning to tell ya that I have a date tonight so I dunno when I’ll be home,” he stated.
Sirius’ head was still reeling from just having had Remus so close, having to very suddenly know how to act about their last flatmate without looking like a complete fool. The sudden shift was almost too much for Sirius to pull off, but he just had to hope that James was too excited about the prospect of his date to notice just how close Sirius and Remus were standing.
“Sounds great, mate,” Sirius said, his smile sincere though a little delayed. “You have fun.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:40 pm 

Considering just how fast his heart was beating, Remus seemed to pull off feigned nonchalance; at least, better than he could have ever imagined. Feeling exhilarated rather than embarrassed, Remus didn't mind James' presence in the room, for once finding his cheerful nature easy to match.
Next to him, Sirius was doing far worse for himself, and Remus had to fight every instinct in his body not to glance over at him.
"Exciting," Remus encouraged James, appearing genuinely interested as he pushed himself off the counter. Granted, the thrill stemmed primarily from the knowledge that James would be out of the house for the evening.
Now standing, the immediate tension in the room seemed to dissolve, having to accept that lingering wouldn't do either of them any good. Sirius was no longer incriminatingly close, meaning that Remus was once again allowed to look back at him.
"Maybe we should have dinner together, then," Remus added, nothing about his voice making it appear as a question.
A grin had once again formed on his lips, but the way Remus glanced back at James with the same smile took the edge of the attention.
"I take it we're not invited."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:35 am 

Even if it had taken far too long, Sirius was pleased to realise that he was slowly regaining his composure. He still felt flustered and as of James had walked in in them doing something far less innocent than the brief brush of lips they had actually exchanged. It was clear to him that he was in too deep, knowing that it took a fairly bad crush for him to be acting like this.
Remus’ suggestion of them having dinner together, especially when proposed in front of James, sent Sirius back down the same spiral again. When they had stated that they wanted to see each other again like that it had been an abstract out in the future kind of deal, something that Sirius would have the time to get used to the thought of and maybe start acting more like a normal person around Remus. However now Sirius could feel his nerves come back up, making him feel like a nervous and stuttering mess, as if he had never dated anyone in his life before.
“Sure,” he managed, his voice sounding more confident than he felt. “Guess we’ll have our own date night at home then,” he added and immediately regretted it. Even if he and Remus had just come to the fact that they were both attracted to one another and wanted to be together didn’t mean they were going to date after all.
“Man, maybe I should stay home then,” James teased with a wide, boyish grin. He clearly wasn’t going to, but he did want to spend more time together with his flatmates, pleased that they seemed to get along so well. “Guess it’s gonna depend on who’s cooking.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:16 am 

For the first time in what felt like an eternity, Sirius managed to completely knock Remus off his feet. Worst of all, it only took a matter of saying a few words, Remus' eyes darting back at him, surprised. Remus had with great intent avoided using the word date, not knowing if anything they had ever agreed to ever qualified as a date; Remus hadn't dared consider yesterday as a date but even the possibility that Sirius had, brought a flustered little smile to Remus' lips.
Unable to sustain eye contact, Remus eyes dipped, allowing for James to be the one to fill the space.
It was clear that they had heard different things in Sirius' voice, James clearly only understanding the joked intent. Remus, on the contrary, feared he might blush.
"Whose feeling are you trying to hurt?" Remus challenged as he tipped his head to look at James, the way his voice cracked making it sound like a chuckle. It hadn't been.
He desperately needed to shift the focus of the conversation away from what Sirius and Remus were expected to do in James' absence; Remus had a good idea that there were several different perceptions at play.
"I didn't know we were playing favourites."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:53 pm 

James seemed to really think about the question, having clearly talked himself into a corner and not knowing how to get out of it again. He adored both of his flatmates, but he wasn’t a huge fan of either of their cooking, having tried both at different occasions.
“You know what? I think I’ll just go on my date,” he stated, boyish grin back on his face as he backed away from the kitchen with a soft shake of his head. “You two have fun though!”
Sirius was glad that James didn’t seem to get the underlying tone of the proposal made by Sirius, but also felt a thrill run through him when he realised that Remus seemed to get it. It suddenly put a different kind of pressure on the evening they were going to spend together, and Sirius’ head was spinning with the possibilities of it all.
“Sure, run away now instead of answering the question,” Sirius joked, wanting to do anything in his power to move the attention away from his and Remus’ relationship. It was unnerving to know that James was going to be in the potential front row seat of all this and Sirius really just hoped that he e wouldn’t catch on to what they had going on.
“Coward!”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:35 pm 

It was so readily apparent how they had riled up a tone to match James' boyish comments; much more so, when James exited the conversation, and Remus and Sirius had to face the consequences of the energy they had created.
They had both done their part in deflecting, forcing the focus off of them and instead into general, broader statements. That, however, meant that Sirius felt miles apart from Remus, unsure if there was ever a series of words that could bring them back to the giddy excitement of the kiss.
Remus allowed James to leave without further objections, though he found himself looking after the other as he disappeared out of the kitchen.
James' absence had made Remus realize they stood as the mirrored image of when Remus first entered the flat; Sirius casually against the counter, Remus lingering dangerously close to the doorway and having a hard time justifying his presence.
"We can figure it out later," Remus finally spoke, voice meek, no longer sure which way to approach the conversation. "I'm too tired to think about dinner."
It took a moment before his eyes once again found Sirius, a careful, flushed smile at his lips. "But I will say, I for one am not afraid of your cooking. "

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:47 pm 

The entire conversation had been one whiplash after the other and Sirius found that it was hard to get back to what he and Remus had had before James had entered the kitchen. More than anything else, Sirius just wished that Remus would kiss and touch him again, but he knew that the moment was over and that it would be too hard for them to get back.
“Yeah, I was thinking about getting a nap,” Sirius said as he pushed himself away from the counter, causing him to get dangerously close to Remus once more.
However, not as brave as he could have been, Sirius knew that he didn’t have it in him to properly kiss Remus, even if he wanted it so terribly much. Instead, Sirius found it in himself to get close enough to Remus to press a quick kiss to his cheek, before leaving the kitchen and instead standing in the hallway.
“We’ll look at dinner later,” he said, feeling a little shaken by his own bravery, but he was pleased by himself nonetheless. “Sleep tight.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:03 pm 

While they had been involved in things far more incriminating than a brief kiss to the cheek, Remus archived this as a nauseatingly big deal. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Remus understood what they were getting themselves into. They were defining their new normal, crossing the fine line between platonic and affectionate with almost dangerous ease.
When Remus turned to follow Sirius' path out of the kitchen, the hairs on his neck stood at the possibility that this, fleeting kisses in private moments, was going to be part of how they interacted with each other.
Remus' lips were slightly parted, a visible clue that he had wanted to pull Sirius back into a kiss. Helplessly, Remus found that he didn't have it in him to demand any more from Sirius than a smile and dinner.
"Yeah, likewise."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:18 am 

__
In the end, Sirius hadn’t been able to sleep for as long as he had hoped that he would, finding himself too restless and also getting very hungry. He had walked through the living room, having wanted to get second opinions on dinner, but seeing Remus fast asleep on the couch had made his heart do a flip and he hadn’t wanted to wake him up for any reason.
Thus, Sirius had decided to just venture out and get them some dinner. Despite Remus having insisted that he wasn’t afraid of Sirius’ cooking, Sirius found that he really was still too tired to actually think up a meal and then cook it. Take out wasn’t really a rare treat to Sirius, but he knew that it probably was to Remus and it made him happy that he could do a small thing like that.
Once he returned to their flat, Sirius noticed that Remus was still asleep and for a moment he realised that he was maybe going to have to wake his flatmate up; something that seemed far too intimate for the already thin line they were balancing on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:32 am 

Against all instincts, Remus had settled himself on the living room couch. He had done so in an attempt to curve his exhaustion, fearing that, had he allowed himself to sleep in bed, he would have risked sleeping the night through. And maybe, Remus hadn't felt like shutting another door on Sirius.
Any effort to manage his sleep, however, soon proved to have been fruitless. Remus stirred awake at the sound of a door closing, and judging by the darkness of the room, Remus had lost any and all sense of time. He shuddered an exhale, tipping over onto his back as he stretched.
The couch had made for a comfortable sleep, but it barely served to contain Remus outstretched length, no longer balled up on his side. Remus' wrists draped over the armrest as he stretched his shoulders, pressing them into the couch with a sigh.
Finally regaining a sense of reality, Remus came to understand that the sound of the door closing had marked an arrival rather than a departure. Not knowing what time it was made it hard for Remus to judge whether that was Sirius or James puttering about at the entryway. Thoughtlessly, Remus tipped his head to better his view of the hallway, eyes still barely opened.
The answer soon came, in time with how Remus relaxed his muscles. The sight of Sirius appearing made Remus' heart do a flip, the fuzzy exhaustion still too prevalent for him to offer a reaction beyond excitement.
"Hey," Remus croaked, his voice having gone dry with sleep.
His right hand had found his left side, rubbing through the sweater at there his undershirt had dug into his ribs. The skin was tender, even through the layers of clothing, Remus could trace the horizontal line that had marked its pinched point.
Not wanting to linger at the reprecausions, Remus let out another sighed yawn, both hands finding this face. Pressing the balls of his hands against his eyes, Remus attempted to bring the world into clarity.
"Where'd you go?" he asked as his hands fell from his face, forcing himself to scoot better upright.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:25 am 

While Sirius had found the prospect of having to wake up Remus completely overwhelming, he found that seeing Remus newly woken up, his voice still sleep muddled as he greeted Sirius. It felt intimate in a way that Sirius hadn’t anticipated and it took him a moment too long to properly hear what Remus was even asking him.
“Dinner,” he managed, having only just kicked off his shoes but was still wearing his jacket. The bag of Thai containers still in his hand as he awkwardly lingered in the living room, unsure how to handle himself in this situation. He wanted badly to just join Remus on the couch, just go right back to sleep together with him and not think too much of anything.
However, he was also hungry and he knew that Remus probably was as well, so it just seemed more reasonable for them to get some food in them.
“I hope you like Thai, I just had to make an executive decision,” he said with a soft smile, getting back to himself a little more as he placed the containers On the table.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:56 am 

It was hard to articulate why that seemed to catch Remus so genuinely by surprise. He knew they had talked about having dinner together, but they had spoken in such easy jokes that Remus felt overwhelmed by the fact that Sirius hadn't just fed himself and gone on with his evening.
Remus was left with a soft, flustered expression, lips parted in surprise.
"Yeah," he stuttered out, willing to eat anything that was offered to him; Remus would have expected Sirius to know that. The tenderness seeping into Sirius' voice, however, made Remus skin flush. "Thanks."
Properly straightening his posture, Remus sat up, swinging his legs off of the cushions to make room for Sirius. It didn't help to stop the room from spinning, feeling lightheaded by the prospect of spending time with Sirius like this.
He shifted to the edge of the seat, too much in a fog to properly be helpful in setting the table. His eyes instead shifted to Sirius, once again overwhelmed by the fact that Sirius could still look so beautiful after such a day.
"What time is it?" he gently asked, wanting to get a sense of how long he had slept - and maybe, perhaps, how long Sirius had gone hungry waiting for Remus to wake up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:21 am 

There was something so simple in the way that Remus made room for Sirius on the couch, making it so very clear that they were about to actually eat dinner together. It probably wasn’t that big of a deal, Sirius had eaten dinner with James several times in the past after all, and that had never been a big deal; however it felt so much different when it was with Remus and Sirius was still trying to calm down enough to actually think clearly about it all.
“A bit past seven, I think,” Sirius answered, having not looked at the clock for a while, but he knew what time it had been when he had left the flat to go get their food. He sat down on the couch next to Remus, shrugging off his jacket and throwing it on the floor next to the couch before he unpacked the boxes and chopsticks on the table in front of them.
“Slept well?” He asked, wanting to make some kind of conversation such that he wouldn’t have to think too much about what to expect from the evening.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:39 am 

His body still heavy with sleep, Remus continued to lean forward until his elbows collided with his knees. A huffed little laugh escaping him, coming to the realisation that Sirius had witnessed him fast asleep before leaving to get dinner.
No matter how overwhelming it was to Remus, the feeling of domesticity sent a thrill down his spine. Remus knew that he had gotten the habit of spending most of his time spent in the flat, in his own bedroom behind closed doors. Undoing those patterns could mean the differenec between flatsharing and living together and together with everything that was going on, it made Remus want to laugh.
"Yeah," he finally responded, voice airy and easy with laughed self deprecation. His fingers had found his brow bone, steadying the weight of his head as he applied pressure along his brow.
Knowing it was probably readily understandable that Remus could have slept through the night, Remus made a point of straightening his posture fully.
"What about you?" he asked, better settling himself into a seated position. He tucked a foot underneath him, turning another bit further towards Sirius. "Did you get any sleep?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 am 

Seeing Remus still being so sleep muddled while Sirius was setting up to dinner for them filled him with emotions he couldn’t quite pin down. He knew that he had fallen too hard and too fast for Remus, opening himself to the possibility of getting terribly hurt once more, but he also knew that he really wanted to find out what he and Remus could become if they just gave it a chance.
“A little, I don’t do well with naps,” he stated with a shrug, trying not to overthink how Remus was turned towards him, clearly ready to give Sirius his full attention. The situation wasn’t made less daunting by the fact that Sirius knew that they were home alone and that James wouldn’t be able to walk in on them this time around.
“Glad you get some rest though,” he said with a warm smile, wanting to reach out and touch Remus somehow, even just a hand on his thigh or something to that extend, but he was still too unsure if that was how their relationship was now, so he refrained from doing so.
“Now, get some food before it gets cold.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:50 am 

Remus' attention only returned to the food when Sirius directed it back to it. It felt almost crudely grounding, even though Sirius' tone was nothing but gentle and considerate. It only seemed harsh because, for a moment, Remus thought Sirius was going to kiss him.
To him, the boxes were identical, and though he moved, it wasn't to reach for either of them.
"What did you get?" Remus asked, leaning back against the armrest in order to reach the switch on the floor lamp, turning it on.
Further illuminating the room did help, both on Remus' lingering feeling of exhaustion, and on normalizing the situation. As if to add to that, Remus almost considered turning on the television, just so that his own thoughts weren't so loud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next