All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:53 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

No matter how much time Draco spent with Teddy, he was probably never going to get used to how apparent the child was. He knew that that was probably just a child thing, saying what you were thinking at exactly the moment you were thinking it, but it still kept taking Draco aback.
“I don’t know,” he said honestly, not sure if there even was a lie that could justify them not having been to Draco’s place before. He just hadn’t even considered it. “I just think that we have been having such a good time here, so there was no reason to go to my flat.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 pm 

There was a look of agreement across Teddy's face as he, evidently, saw reason in that explanation.
"Okay," he easily responded, restlessly shifting his stance. The conversation had quickly become far leas interesting as it had moved away from the notion of Draco having a secret cat.
Glancing across his shoulders to the tv, Teddy inched a step out of the immediate proximity of the conversation. When he finally spoke, he finally gave in and moved towards the sofa. "Can we go tomorrow, then?"
Though the phrasing didn't give it away, the airiness of Teddy's voice was a testament to how little attention he was paying to ever getting a response.
"You've got French tomorrow afternoon," Harry offered, head below counter height as he pulled out a cast iron skillet from the back of the cupboard. Straightening his posture and placing the pan in the cooktop, Harry glanced towards the living room, already finding the child distracted with something else; he couldn't help but smile.
"Oh," Teddy just exhaled, having seated himself on the floor by the coffee table. Without looking at neither Harry nor Draco, he pulled out an activity book from his backpack. "Maybe after."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:04 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The way Teddy easily lost interest in the conversation made Draco smile, still full of fondness for the young boy, but pleased that he didn’t have to answer too many more questions. Instead, he turned back to Harry, leaning in to place a chaste kiss to his cheek, even though he was clearly busy with cooking dinner.
“Hi there handsome,” he said with a warm smile, not moving away from Harry after the kiss. They had been together for long enough now that it wouldn’t be the end of the world in Teddy saw them kiss, especially considering that Teddy knew what Draco and Harry were to each other and that did make everything easier.
“Need a helping hand?”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:14 pm 

Even after all this time, the feeling of Draco's lips barely brushing against his cheek still managed to make the hairs on his neck stand. There was something beyond intoxicating about turning towards Draco's voice and finding him so close by. A bright smile illuminated his features.
"Hi," he answered with a delay, no real regard to Draco's question.
Harry had just started undoing the butcher's paper covering the chicken for their dinner and, despite not wanting anything more than to reach out for Draco, he refrained.
Hands still hovering above the half opened packet, Harry leaned in towards Draco, chin tipped upwards in a challenging tease. "No; do you?"
Unable to properly pull Draco in for a kiss, Harry stretched that last couple of inches, pressing a gentle kiss to Draco's lips, intimate despite the lack of touch.
The kiss didn't last long enough for either of them to linger; Harry leaned out of it as he once again stood on the flats of his feet. Yet again turning towards the chicken, Harry cast a grinned glance across his shoulder towards Draco. "Are you going to take him home with you?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:19 pm 

Draco didn’t think that he would ever truly not be overwhelmed by how easy it seemed to be together with Harry. The soft kisses and how the two of them seemed to constantly gravitate towards each other made Draco feel so right about this relationship, and so willing to take this as far as they both wanted to.
“No, but I needed that,” Draco stated with a crooked grin, wanting to linger at the kiss but also knowing that the moment probably was over and that he probably would get his chance again later.
“I bloody have to, don’t I?” He said, no fire really present in his voice. He didn’t mind taking Teddy home with him for an afternoon or something like that, just as long as Harry didn’t mind it.
“He has to meet my cat.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:09 am 

Despite the giddy grin on Harry's lips, Draco's comment still sent a shiver down his spine. Part of it was the easiness of it, tossed in between a real conversation and thus preventing Harry from saying anything about it. Harry had to fight the urge to kiss Draco again, cutting him off mid conversation; you can have more.
"Yeah," he just chuckled out, trying to refocus his thoughs. His eyes were on the chicken thighs, tugging the skin away from the meat in order to shove a lemonrind beneath it.
Only then becoming aware of the fact that he was doing a poor job of carrying the conversation did he properly turn towards Draco. Still keeping his hands to himself, Harry put the chicken aside for now.
"You don't have to." The addition came so late it almost sounded timid, not wanting Draco to be pressured into anything.
When Harry's eyes found Draco's, his smile went crooked. "He's a kid, give it two weeks and he'll have forgotten all about it."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:24 am 

Draco hummed softly at that, knowing that that was probably the truth, but he was eager to have both Harry and Teddy be a part of his life, so he didn’t mind taking the kid on a little excursion.
“Maybe I want to,” he said with a warm smile, pleased to be the focus of this conversation, even if he knew that they should probably get the dinner going soon. Still, Draco found that he just wanted to keep talking with Harry and for Harry to keep looking at him like that.
“I’m getting better at understanding what he is talking about too. I don’t mind having him over for a while,” he said with a soft shrug.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:17 pm 

Harry hummed at that, a laugh audible somewhere in the sound. Though his eyes had one again left Draco's in favour of the task ahead, a smile was still brightly on his lips.
"Are you sure?" he teased, casting a sideways glance towards Draco. He didn't really expect an answer, nor did he need one; Harry wholeheartedly trusted Draco to mind Teddy for an afternoon, and if Draco wanted to spend some time alone with Teddy, Harry would not impose.
Interjecting his own train of thought, Harry nodded forward towards the dish resting against the back splash. "Can you salt this? Pepper, too, but that's on the shelf."
In reality, Harry could have done so himself if only he had stepped aside to wash his hands. When his eyes yet again found Draco's, the teased grin remained. "You might as well be put to work if you're intending to linger around."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:02 pm 

It felt so incredibly daunting to take on the task of actually being alone with Teddy for an afternoon, yet Draco also felt fairly certain that he would be able to handle it. He had never really been good with children but Teddy was different to him. Even if it had been somewhat of a struggle, then Draco felt like he understood Teddy better than most other children.
“Of course,” he said, an answer to both of the questions, turning his attention towards spicing the chicken on the counter. It felt easy and domestic, something Draco was still getting used to, but he also knew that he always wanted to linger around for Harry.
“Can you blame me for lingering though?”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:15 pm 

Harry grinned at that, a little chuckle escaping him on the exhale. It was so easy being around Draco like this, and there was no point in attempting just how much he enjoyed Draco's proximity.
"I'm not complaining," he answered, glancing over towards Draco. His smile widened; though Harry so transparently embodied every ounce of boysih giddiness he felt in that moment, he had no intention of admitting it.
Harry's eyes once again dipped to the chicken, having rubbed in the salt and pepper Draco had sprinkled on them. Then, hand hovering over the skillet, he finally moved to properly starting dinner. After having placed the chicken thighs on the smoking hot pan, Harry finally stepped away to wash his hands at the sink.
"Do you want the chicken over veggies or rice?" Harry asked as he dried his hands in the dishtowel, once again turning towards Draco, small of his back resting against the counter.
"Rice," Teddy piped from the couch, making Harry glance over his shoulder with a laugh.
"I wan't asking you, kid," Harry countered.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:45 pm 

No matter how many times he had seen it by now, it always filled Draco with a warm sense of joy to see Harry actually be a parent. He quite enjoyed being around Teddy, even if he would be the first to admit that he had no idea what he talked about most of the time. He was getting better and better thought, open to learn and occasionally asking stupid questions to Harry in the hopes of clearing things up.
“Let’s do rice,” Draco answered with a warm smile, not minding that Teddy got it his way whenever Draco was around. Even if Draco indeed had gotten better at being around the kid, he still hadn’t gotten around to actually parent. He wasn’t sure that he was even going to get to that point, or if he even should, but as long as Harry wanted him around he was going to make an effort.
“Keep the kid happy.”

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:29 pm 

As Teddy snickered from the couch, Harry turned to meet Draco's eye. Though he was smiling, open mouthed and easy, there was still an unmistakable look of disappointment. Harry had specifically asked Draco in hopes that he would be sensible enough to ask for vegetables; but also knowing Teddy wouldn't have objected to Draco's preference.
"How about I do a bit of both," Harry attempted as a compromise.
His smile had widened to a toothy grin as he stepped away from both the counter and out of Draco's immediate proximity. Crossing the little kitchen, Harry opened the fridge, though his eyes weren't on its content as he opened it.
"You're really trying to win his favour, huh?" he challenged, attention still fully on Draco. "You're spoiling him."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:13 pm 

When it came to Teddy, Draco knew that he was a terrible pushover. It was so desperately important to him that Teddy liked him, knowing that there was no way that he would be able to stay with Harry unless he and Teddy worked out. It was something he kept himself aware of and that meant that he often leant to whatever Teddy wanted.
“Bloody have to, don’t I?” He asked, the soft grin on his lips revealing that he wasn’t that all that serious about it. “I ain’t gonna be no evil stepdad.”

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:39 pm 

Harry was certain he had heard every single word Draco had said, yet only one truly stuck with him with such intensity that it knocked the air out of his lungs. With genuine and sheer surprise, Harry turned away from the fridge into which he had been looking. When his eyes yet again found Draco, Harry's lips had parted in a speachless smile.
Though Draco was technically Teddy's blood relative, this was the first time Draco had even come close to expressing a sense of familiarity towards the boy. The fact, however, that Draco had turned to stepfather rather than cousin had Harry's heart leaping out of his chest.
His smile had ebbed over into a toothy grin, eventually having to bite his bottom lip to even attempt to contain it. It felt like Harry was bursting at the seams with love and adoration, unaware that the sheer notion of becoming anything close to a stepfather to Teddy had even crossed Draco's mind. Harry, however, realized neither the situation nor the kitchennette could contain his honest reaction.
"You're right," he eventually replied, making a great effort of downplaying Draco's choice of words.
Finally finishing his movement, he, practically blindly, pulled a bag of bok choy out of the fridge, closing the fridge door on which his hand had rested. Harry's smile was still wide and overjoyed, yet knowing better than to adress it head on.
The hairs on Harry's neck stood as he once again approached the counter. It felt like a charge of static electricity ghosted across his skin as he once again approached Draco. While his eyes were, pointedly, on the cabbage and cutting board, his smile remained, almost giddily. "Winning over the dad's less important, I guess."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:27 pm 

Even if Harry really did make a great effort out of not exploding, Draco knew him too well by now to now be able to see how he was suddenly shining. It was something he had given a lot of thought, even if he had slung the word out rather carelessly. He was dating someone with a kid and even if Harry was doing wonderfully on his own, Draco felt like he had to step up and help him.
Thus, it felt natural to take on the role of a stepfather, even if it wasn’t something he would have ever honestly considered for himself in the past. However, he loved Harry so much that he would do anything to keep him in his life.
With a crooked grin, he came up from behind Harry, wrapping his hands around him and resting them on his stomach as he rested his head on Harry’s shoulder.
“And here I thought that I had already won the dad over.”

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:02 pm 

The moment Draco reached out for Harry the electric charge seemed to jump between them. The touch alone was enough to make Harry shudder, the release of the tightly wound anticipation making the hairs on his neck stand.
Harry’s smile went crooked, exhaling a sound that could have become a laugh. The weight of Draco’s hands against his stomach quickly felt burning hot, and Harry found that it clouded his mind. With no rhyme or reasoning, Harry started unwrapping the cabbages.
“Yeah,” he attempted, grinning yet unable to say anything cutting or clever.
Faced with the bare vegetables, Harry figured they could do for a rinse before he did anything else. So, he abandoned it, having no intention of pushing Draco away – quite possibly
Finally allowing himself to lean into the embrace, Harry tipped his head against Draco, the gesture almost juvenile among the intimacy of the position.
“I guess you’re right,” he grinned.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm 

No matter how many times they confirmed that they were in this together, Draco always felt his heart doing somersaults in his chest whenever Harry said something to indicate that he was into Draco still. There was something so juvenile about stopping mid cooking to have a cuddle, but Draco couldn’t find it in himself too let Harry go.
Instead, he tilted his head to place a kiss to Harry’s temple, the closest thing that he could reach, just wanting to show him that he loved him in any way that he could.
“Good,” he stated with a wide grin, one of such pure joy that it was undeniable that Draco really and genuinely appreciated the sentiment. “Otherwise I would have to start all over, wouldn’t I?”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm 

Though the kiss to his temple was enough to send a shudder through Harry, he found that it was far from enough. Lips itching were Draco hadn't kissed him, Harry properly turned into the embrace.
Without pushing Draco's hands off him, Harry turned to face him. Harry's face was flushed and his expression transparently giddy as he reached out for Draco, fingers catching him by his jaw in order to return the kiss to his temple with one on the lips. Though brief, Harry's heart rate skyrocketed with the pure joy it brought him.
"I don't think I could love you any more; not even if you tried," Harry admitted with a smile, any and all emotion he had tried to contain finally spilling into his voice. Thought not a secret, the words were spoken to Draco, not meant for Teddy to hear. Only then did he relax his posture.
Even if it hadn't been a tangible thought until Harry had said it out loud, he said it with little hesitation, finding it to ring dauntingly true. In private, though, Harry remarked how his love for Draco had indeed seemed to multiply tenfolds at the prospect of Draco becoming a father figure to Teddy. His hands fell to Draco's clavicle, not allowing himself to linger; not now, at least.
Finding it almost necessary to backpedal on the whole-hearted expression of adoration (though not having in him to regret having said it in the first place), Harry instead grinned, deflecting some of the intimacy with a joke. "But you've got to let me cook."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:10 am 

It took everything in Draco to not just pull Harry right back in, his head spinning from the passion of the kiss, wanting so much more, even if he knew that it was inappropriate with Teddy so close by. Thus, he allowed Harry to return to his cooking, even if he would much rather just get back to kissing him. It was juvenile and Draco had noticed that Harry just really seemed to bring that out in him. It was exhilarating and Draco only wanted more.
“Alright, fine,” he sighed, being slightly more dramatic about it than what need be. The exasperated tone of his voice undercut by the warm smile on his lips. He was really coming too love he was building with Harry and every time he got to see Harry take on domestic tasks, he could feel himself get more and more certain that this was the right thing.
“I’ll let you make sure we don’t starve.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm 

As soon as he had gotten the opportunity, Harry had stretched out on the couch. The apartment was small, and, subsequently, so was the furniture. Though a wide two seater, Harry's ankles still dangled off the edge as he had slumped back against the opposite armrest.
Somewhere to his right, the TV was mutely airing the 8pm news, yet Harry was barely watching. In the quiet of the apartment, only every now and then disturbed by a passing car, Harry could hear Draco's gentle voice as he put the boy to bed, even with the door ajar. It made Harry's heart overflow with adoration for Draco, unable to properly comprehend that this had seamlessly become their reality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next