All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:07 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"When Casey arrived on the scene Garrison was almost dead. However he has a healing factor so after a short amount of time he was able to get up and get away. Casey attempted pursuit but was stopped. The last thing I heard was that Casey had another lead on him and is now moving to apprehend him with Agent Thorne." Casey's handler said to Kira. John pulled a file from his briefcase and began summarizing it for Kira, "on mister Garret N. Garrison. This man is to be considered highly dangerous due to his healing factor and and energy absorption abilities. No exact numbers have been obtained by the FSA at this point about the capacity of his abilities but it has lead to him being able to evade and escape arrest." John lowers the file and continues talking to Kira, "I don't knw how your powers work, but according to everything I have heard or read you to have over loaded his powers. That was no small feat you performed. You should be proud of yourself. Now the doctor is probably going to tell you to take it easy for a couple of weeks and you better do that." John finished with a bit of a stern look on his face. In his mind he was remembering the time that Casey had almost died trying to follow up on his failure to apprehend Garrison the first time.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:46 pm 

Kira listened to him intently, blushing when he complimented her. It sounded like Garrison was a really dangerous villain, especially if he was able to ‘stop’ Casey - one of the most famous heroes in the country. Kira secretly wasn’t sure she would have stood and fought him if she had known. She felt ashamed for that. Casey knew exactly what Garrison was capable of but still chased after him - even right now he was. He was a real hero.
“Thank you. Don't worry I will.” Kira responded shakily, grateful for his concern, despite his stern demeanor.
“And thanks for staying to tell me all this, I’m sure you’re very busy and have more important things to do.” She added, her voice still quite fragile. She felt parched. Kira then sat herself up and tried to reach for her water which was off to the side of her bed. As she did so, a sharp pain bit through the shroud of painkillers and felt like a stab to the ribs. She yelped and fell back into her pillows, barely stifling a screech as her eyes teared up.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

“Well, well, well. What do I have here. A little boy trying to get better at killing?”
Kenji stiffened in shock. He had been paying attention so well and still someone managed to come so close without him noticing. He immediately blamed himself for not paying enough attention. Although a little voice whispered that he may not have noticed because this guy is a pro and he is not. Well, that could also be his advantage. Ken may be scared and shocked but he had already thought of all kinds of scenarios a long time ago. One of them was being caught while practicing. So before turning around to face the unknown, he pulled up his hood and used the shadow casted by this to cover his face. It was still semitransparent so that his vision would not be impaired. However, someone that didn’t know his face already would neither be able to recognise him nor identify him. Probably even those that know his face would have trouble with it.
Kenji faced the unknown man. Older than him, super suspicious looking, he also seemed to be injured or physically impaired by the way he was standing. His tone of voice clearly indicated that he believed to be stronger than him, so that pointed towards that he had powers of his own. Ken tried to wage how much the stranger saw and if he actually saw his face. He reckoned the chance of that pretty low, but then again he was already wrong once. His estimation was that this man was a criminal of some sort with powers and on the run. That would mean that apart from his identity also his life as a witness was in danger.
Not knowing what kind of power this man had and whether or not he was dangerous for him, was already a great factor of uncertainty. Maybe he would accept it if Kenji just went away. Maybe he would think that he was so scared by him that he wouldn’t tell anyone. But maybe not. Maybe he was some kind of crazy psychopath that would haunt him down like an animal. Much like a terrorist... ****... It didn’t take long for Ken to come to a conclusion.
“Are you the one responsible for the explosion near the park a few hours ago?” he asked the man straight away. He deliberately avoided saying near the university as to not give anymore hints towards his identity. Ken thought that his voice sounded quite stable as well. Not completely confident but not like a bunny in a trap either.
The man seemed to be amused by the question and not disturbed at all that he couldn’t see Kenji’s face clearly. On the other hand the building was quite dark and shady anyway.
“And what if I was?” he answered with an amused smile of someone who is very confident in himself. Kenji wondered if he maybe was against an opponent that is confident because he knows how strong he is or is just overestimating himself. Hopefully the second option. “What does it have to do with you?” The man added as a question without being really interested in the answer.
It didn’t really matter to Kenji, but it showed him that this man was capable of somehow causing an explosion, he was not afraid of hurting people or drawing attention. Then that also meant that he was not acting confident but was really dangerous. In addition, the chance of him letting Kenji go, was now close to nothing. The man seemed physically strong, while Kenji was more of a speed type. Luckily he was not caught in this situation in one of his other secret training grounds. In one of them he had an agility training set that he sometimes build up. It looked a lot like those used for dog training actually. If someone saw that, then it would give a huge hint towards what he was physically capable of. But now he just seemed like a weak kid. Probably.
He wavered. Should he attack straight on? Make it look like he wanted to run away and try a sneak attack? Or wait for the other to make the first move? The last option was the worst. He didn’t know the abilities of this man while he had had a glimpse of his. Waiting for him to attack could be a fatal mistake. Attacking straight on also seemed to be a no go for the same reasoning. Then there was only one scenario left...
“Don’t think you can escape from me, kid,” the man seemed to have gotten the gist of what he was thinking but had come to the wrong conclusion. That was good for Kenji but it meant that he couldn’t lose even a second now. He dived straight into a niche next to him. It was basically a wall that was standing back a bit, but was half covered by a shadow from the pale light that came through the high dusty and small windows. The instant that he disappeared into the wall he quietly stepped out of another, behind the strange man, making as much distance as possible without leaving the room. There were a lot of shadows in that room, making a lot of opportunities for Kenji. There was only one strategy left for him. He had to make a move, quick, without giving his opponent the chance to do anything. Adrenaline rushed through his body, making his mind actually believe that he could do this. First things first, he had to immobilize the bigger guy to gain an advantage.
“The ****, where did that little bastard go? I’m gonna kill him” the man mumbled as he did a few steps forward to see that there was only a wall. Just one more step and he would be stepping with his foot into a shadow. He did just that but he also turned around as if he suspected being attacked from behind. The man saw him just as Kenji started his “trick”. At that moment it was hardly more than a trick. He couldn’t do much from a distance yet, but he has been practicing. A thin black needle like object shot out from the floor below the man’s foot and pierced it. After peaking out from the top of his foot it dissolved into nothing. Kenji managed to make one more before the man lifted his foot in a yell and a curse. He ducked aside in case of a counter attack. A loud bang could be heard. However it didn’t seem to be aimed at him. As Ken looked it appeared as if the man had hit the floor with his fist. Seeing that the solid concrete floor was showing cracks made his heart sink, a lot. The face of the man turned into a grim mask of anger. Obviously he was ready to torture and kill. He came running to Kenji but he managed to dive away in the shadows again and came out at the other end of the room creating quite a few meters of distance between them. He was scared as hell and his thoughts were running crazy. He would never be able to escape this guy and given even the slightest opportunity he would kill him without wavering. Then the only option is to kill him first?
Kenji was just a normal guy. Okay relatively normal. But still, he neither had a military education nor did he grow up in a kill or be killed environment. Therefore, he had never taken a life before. Sure, he had seen a few death bodies as he was being accused of being a murder. He thought that he was ready if he found that one person, but now the situation was very grave as well. A little hope rose in him when he noticed the small unseemingly small pool of red liquid where he had managed to pierce the man’s foot. At least he was not invulnerable. The man had already reached the place where Ken had disappeared. He knew he wouldn’t hold up long before this guy would see through all his tricks and be prepared for it. So he went over to his best practiced attack. He formed the shadow around him to needle like objects. They were black, about 20 to 25 cm long, had a thickness of your average knitting needle and the tip was extremely sharp. After having formed five of them within a few seconds, he threw them with all the precision he had practiced. Luckily he could guide their trajectory a bit as well by now. This was needed because the man was already turning around to face him again, much faster than the last time. All five hit him in, what Kenji dubbed, his bad leg, at different points. The man looked at his new wounds with a surprised look, as if he wasn’t used to getting wounded.
The attack had the wished effect that the man sunk to the ground on one knee for a bit. By now he seemed more like a monster than a human. It wouldn’t take long for him to get back his mobility. The needles dissolved after a few seconds and blood started to drip out. From a few of the wounds the blood flow was heavier as they had hit a bigger blood vessel. Those were no live threatening wounds. Fear had Kenji gripped by his throat like he had never felt before. It was hard to breath. He felt like he didn’t have a choice right now, and no time to think it over as well. The man was already getting back to his feet. He felt like he absolutely should not allow that, that would be his death sentence. He formed three more black needles, thicker this time but not less pointy. Only three so that he could speed them up during the throw. He aimed at the other leg and landed a hit with two of them. The man somehow had managed to evade one. It was more than obvious that this man was an absolute pro at being a killer. The whole fighting scene had not even taken a minute but it already felt like forever. After the needles had dissolved there was a blood gush coming from one of the wounds. The needle had hit a main blood vessel. The man yelled and cursed and finally went to the ground completely. He was far from death, by appearance. Kenji only took a split second to decide that this was the last chance he would get to get out of this alive. He formed two more of those thicker needles and guided them with a curve into both arms of the man on the ground. The speed and the hardness of the needles caused a cracking noise in the bones of the man that seemed sound like thunder for the extremely scared Ken. His ”weapons” didn’t need much time to dissolve. From start until the end it didn’t even take two seconds. Still as soon as the last needle had paled the arm of the criminal monster, the door flung open and another person bursted in. Kenji was at his limit and long over. His instincts took over and he took one quick step aside into the safeness of the shadow, which like a portal, brought him to a completely different place, far away from what had just happened.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 pm 

Casey arrived at the building Garrison was spotted entering. He was there first but he knew it would be only a minute before agent Thorne would arrive. He quickly and quietly picked the lock on the door in a couple seconds. His acute sensors picked up two people speaking in the building. Agent Thorne's car arrived and he was out in a heart beat with his rifle. He tossed Casey his service pistol, it wasn't much to Casey but it would be better than Casey's own. They quietly and quickly entered with Casey on point following a floor plan to where the sensors picked up talking. A brief struggle was heard and they picked up the pace as Casey kicked a door off its hinges. His sensors picked up two people one on the ground the other in a shadow. He aimed at the shadow and it was gone before he could fire. Agent Thorne came in second and saw Garrison on the ground. Aiming at Garrison agent Thorne commanded him to not move and he didn't budge. Casey went through his sensor data and there was definitely a mystery there but he didn't have time to pour over it now. He turned his attention to Garrison who was presently bleeding out and now totally surrendered.

Casey ran out and grabbed a first aid kit from agent Thorne's car after handcuffing Garrison. Casey began to treat Garrison's injuries enough to stabilize him. It would be a little bit before backup would arrive so they secured Garrison and investigated the building finding only his stash. They waited for backup in a decently secure area of the building. Casey poured over his sensory information trying to figure out what happened but the only answer would be that the second super had the ability to teleport.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John walked over and handed Kira the glass of water she reached for. He continued, "if you are going to try fighting evil supers then you should probably at least get some training from Casey. The offer for induction into the cadet program is still standing but I will be waiting for your brother to discuss it further. You are in no condition to be making large life choices." John sat back down when she was done with the water. He began to wait for her older brother but he would answer any questions she had as best as he could.

PostThis post was deleted by CMDRTibTib on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:00 pm.
Reason: making edits
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 pm 

Following chatter on the local police frequencies on his scanner Maddox would also arrive at the building that agent Thorne and Casey are holding Garrison in. He would enter the building through the door that Casey recently picked and activated his limited sensors since it is known that a super is in the building. He would begin searching the building now drawing his personal firearm a Large caliber revolver from a compartment of his suit located on his back. As he starts clearing rooms Casey would start picking up a localized power source though weak, it was moving through the building. He would make it to the open area where the fight between Garrison and Kenji and would scan the blood on the floor and take a sample of it via a cotton swab and a small vial for study later. He would Search the room with a flashlight to aid him to see in the shadows while using sensors to keep an eye in back of him to not be surprised by any visitors. After finding nothing in the main room he would continue searching hallways getting closer to Casey and Garrison. “Come on, Where are you hiding, I know you are here somewhere, stop hiding.” Maddox would say to himself quietly while clearing the most recent room.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:52 pm 

Thanking John, Kira sipped her water as she recovered from the shocking surge of pain in her ribs. It was slowly dawning on her that her discharge must have been way stronger than anything she had ever produced before during the smattering of times she had deliberately used her power, and the times it wasn’t deliberate. Her memory of the altercation with Garrison was hazy, and the nurse had told her it was because of concussion but Kira’s sluggish mind had also come to suspect the pain killers were partially to blame - not that she would prefer to be off them, obviously. The pain without them was unbearable.
Because of this, or maybe in spite of it, Kira agreed that she should wait for her brother before John brought up the cadet thing again.
“You know, I didn’t suddenly decide to go out and look for a super or anything.” She said hesitantly after a while of silence. “I was scared and, well I was shi**ing myself, but - I don't know.” Her eyes darted around uncertainly, she was clearly unable to articulate her thoughts. After a moment she just sighed.
“I guess I saw him kill the police, and he was going to kill me for sure, and probably more people after that and who knows how many before.” Kira blurted out. “ I honestly really wanted to just run or hide. I just - I started fighting before I knew what I was doing. It’s like my body moved and there was nothing I could do to stop it.” She finished, sounding confused and unsure. Lying on the hospital bed, wrapped in bandages and paler than the snow that had started falling that day, she didn’t look like a selfless fighter who had gone toe-to-toe with a veteran murderous super, but just a little girl who looked unsure and overwhelmed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:15 pm 

Kenji stepped out of a shadow in an alley far away from what had just happened. His body was shaking as his legs gave out on him. The shadow that was covering his face dissolved as he wasn’t trying to hold it up anymore. He sat there on the cold dirty road as snowflakes slowly floated down from the grey sky. His shivering didn’t stop for a long a time. When he started to notice that his extremities were getting too cold, he tried to get up. Only to keel over and throw up. Leaning against the wall and trying to catch his breath, some words of reality escaped his mouth. “I was seen, I have seriously hurt a human... “ Ken looked at the grey sky, some snowflakes got caught up in his hair. His face was just as grey as the sky. Until now he had just been a normal guy. In his mind he had gone over situations that included fighting the real murder. But reality was different. Very different. It was probably good that there was nobody in that alley as Kenji was miserably, silently crying by himself.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:07 am 

Casey is notified of another person entering the building and detects the power supply moving about the building. Tapping into street CCTV and rewinding quickly to just before the stranger entered confirmed Casey's fears. Dominic Maddox had arrived and Casey assumed he was here to kill Garrison. Maddox was known well by the FSA and its agents due to his hunting of supers. Since he was not a super he was out of their jurisdiction. Casey would have attempted to arrest Maddox long ago but his higher ups caught wind of him preparing an operation and shut him down faster than you could say secret city klan. The FBI had been tasked with attempting to bring him in or eliminate him but only provided a token effort at best due to his only targeting of "bad seeds".

Casey silently returned Thorne's pistol and motioned to Thorne to shut his radio off. They were holed up in a corner room with a door opening inward and strong walls. They hoped that they might fool his sensors but it was doubtful they would. Garrison noticed the agents get quiet vigorously using hand signals to communicate the situation to each other. Garrison quietly shuffled into a corner behind a metal cabin by the silent direction of agent Thorne. Both Thorne and Casey quietly waited near the heavy metal door for Maddox to open it so they could attempt to stop him. Casey had one of his pistols in one hand and his plasma knife in the other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rest easy young Kira. I have to go now but I will leave some information for your brother." Said john as he pulls some pamphlets from his briefcase and sets them on a table at the far end of the room away from Kira. He quietly left and pulled out his phone making a call to a supervisor or somebody.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 pm 

After clearing the room, Maddox turns to the last room in the hallway, A closed metal door with a, surprisingly, working door knob on it. Maddox approaches the door continuing to check his sensors as he closes in. Now, almost hugging the door, the scans come back empty. He quickly glances at power remaining hopping to overcharge the sensors for a chance to see what lies ahead. However, with only 32% remaining on the power cells he decides to shut off the sensors. He knows he must save power for the trip home because losing power before he made it home would mean the weight of the armor would become too much for him to keep his normal walking speed. He backs off the door and with a swift kick breaks open the door. As the knob goes rolling along the floor he enters the room, only to see Agent Thorne and Casey in the back corner of the room armed. Maddox with his high caliber Revolver still in his hand, but in a non threatening position away from the agent asks, “where is Garrison? I am here for him, and I don’t want any trouble from you two.” While waiting for a response he turns his sensors back on and scans the room for Garrison. The sensors pick up a human sized heat signature hiding behind the metal cabinet near the agents. “There you are.” Maddox would gowns under his breath. He takes aim and with a sigh of relief, squeezes the trigger putting two rounds in the cabinet. Then begins to inspect his sensors hopping to see the heat dissipating.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm 

Agent Thorne was ready and let fly all twenty five rounds from his assault rifle trained on Maddox's Torso. Seventy years of experience with his gun had taught him how to control the recoil so all the rounds were concentrated in a small area. He dropped the magazine and loaded another in a second and began to fire again. At the same time Casey watched the door open in bullet time his cybernetic systems allowing him to react with machine speed. He shot the first bullet from Maddox's gun with his pistol melting it into a loose flying liquid. He raised his plasma knife to slice the second one as it passed him but he missed by less than a quarter of an inch and he saw it go past him and through the cabinet into Garrison's torso. He couldn't waste time a was about to leap on Maddox but agent Thorne resumed firing again. He overcharged his pistol instead in a nearly vain attempt to penetrate Maddox's armor. All of this happened in a span of less that five seconds but to Casey it felt like five minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:32 am 

“Armor integrity compromised: armor holding at 84%” The AI says to Maddox as Thorne unloads his clip into the torso of Maddox’s armor. Maddox aims his revolver and fires the remaining 4 rounds at garrison before returning his revolver into the small holder on his back. Just then the round from Casey’s overcharged handgun hits Maddox in his right lower torso. Casey and Thorne hears Maddox grunt in pain as he holds his right side of the armor.
“Warning Armor Breach detected Scanning for injury report…. Warning Severe burn on lower abdomen detected, recommend first aid immediately” as the AI is reporting to Maddox he looks up at the two agents in close proximity to him and would Quickly close the distance before throwing a quick left Jab punch followed by a right uppercut at Thorne attempting to knock him out before turning his attention to Casey.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:10 pm 

Agent Thorne unloaded the second magazine into Maddox's torso focusing on the spot where Casey hit seconds ago as Maddox approached. This time around Casey was more ready with his knife slicing the last four bullets in mid with his plasma knife. The battery of the knife died intercepting the last bullet shattering down to the knife down to the handle. Casey Pulled back the hammer on his pistol readying a second cartridge. The armored man closed on agent Thorne and launched him into a pillar behind him incapacitating him. Maddox turned Casey and found the pistol at his head. Before Maddox could have possibly reacted the plasma revolver would fire its last shot being overcharged beyond its capacity. The plasma bolt would strike Maddox's helmet as the pistol half exploded, half disintegrated grievously injuring Casey's left hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:44 pm 

When Kenji started to get up the sky already started to darken. He felt cold through to his bones. Even though he didn’t want to move, he knew he had to. Except for looking pale as a ghost, there was nothing about his appearance that was out of the ordinary. Ken slowly walked home. Theoretically he would be right on time for dinner. However when he came in, he found that his family was nearly done eating, leaving him solely a few scraps. It was a good thing that he didn’t feel like eating anyway.
“Looks who is finally here,” was the sarcastic remark flung to his head. “Avoiding to help with the housework is as lazy as would be expected of you. These scraps is all that someone like you deserves so don’t dare to find anything else.” It seemed like Kenji’s father had a particularly good day that day. “Lazy useless people like you don’t deserve more than this. Where would someone like you get hungry from anyway?”
Kenji quietly sat down at the table to eat the few cold bites that were left. He knew that refusing or even wanting to heat it up would just unleash the next wave of insults. It felt like eating stones after everything that had happened.
As usual the news was on and it showed a familiar smoke cloud. The news was about the explosion earlier that day. It seemed like years had past since then. “Too bad you were not involved in that explosion.” The nicest thing his sister had said to him in a while. “Well?” His father impatiently asked. “That is next to your school. So what happened?”
“I don’t know. It was at the other side of the park. The cause could not be seen from the university.” Kenji’s voice sounded flat, quiet and lacking in everything. “Bullshit. How stupid can you be? Something happens in front of your nose and you are too stupid to go and look? What are we paying your school for if you can not apply any common sense?”
“We were not allowed to leave the building,” Kenji answered with the same voice. His father would not hit him,but his insults usually hit deep.
“Nonsense. If you really wanted to find out then you could have. You just didn’t want to. You are so useless. I agree with your sister.”
With this the conversation was ended. As his family has left the table, Kenji cleaned up by himself. When it was his turn in the bathroom, last as usual, there was only lukewarm water left. The only comment that his mother had that evening was that she found that he was stinking.

Kenji stayed in his bedroom the rest of the evening. Usually nobody comes in so he was alone, lying on his bed. He did something that he has never done at home before. He reached beside him and formed one sharp needle out of the shadow and twirled it around above him. When he just started with his powers, he still had to touch the shadow. It was smooth and cool to touch. Now that was not necessary anymore although still possible. Ken grabbed the needle with his wrist and with one powerful swing, he rammed it into his chest.

Kenji looked as his empty hand. The needle had dissolved a few millimeter above his skin. Not even a scratch. Even his clothes were fine. Ken let out a sigh. He knew it wouldn’t work. This was something he had found out recently. His powers can not harm him. During a training session he had created a spike covered ball, which had been quite difficult. In a moment of inattention he let it fall and it was about to drop on his foot, surely it could have harmed him. However it had dissolved like the needle just now. It didn’t matter whether he was trying to injure himself on purpose or by accident, the result was the same. Kenji turned around. The events of the day kept spinning around in his head. It had been really close and really dangerous. He was sure that the criminal had already been injured before they met. Ken shuddered at the thought of what would have been the result if that guy had been at full power. The whole night he went through what ifs and all possible outcomes. Only when the sun started to rise, his exhaustion won and he fell into a dreamless sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:59 am 

Maddox would look at Casey and see the weapon pointing at his head. “Ah…” Maddox grunts as Casey Fires the revolver. The round hits Maddox’s right side of the helmet, he would feel a burning sensation, and a portion of the helmet would fly off hitting the nearby wall. Casey would see Maddox’s pale white skin charred from the heat and he would see his right eye with a lot of blood as a piece of the helmet’s visor broke off and entered his eye. Maddox would fall to his knees yelling in pain as he grips the right side of his head. Casey now hearing the AI’s voice coming out of the broken helmet. “Warning: Armor Breach detected, Multiple system Failure detected, Power core at 13% remaining, Advise Medical Treatment at once.” Maddox Tries to get back to his feet, But one of the systems that failed is his neural connection with his suit, Meaning he has lost most of the fine control of his suit until the backup systems kicks in. He would also notice a very hot sensation on his back and notices one of the power cores of the suit is not being cooled anymore. He looks at Casey almost with the look of fear, and mutters under all the pain ”please, help me.” Casey’s sensors would pick up the unstable power core on Maddox’s back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:46 pm 

Ears ringing from the detonation of his revolver Casey grips his hand for a second as Maddox falls to the floor knowing now he won. Then a quiet fearful voice saying, "please, help me." Casey's sensors run a diagnostic of the nanite armor detecting the energy core and quickly calculating a solution that would minimize the damage its inevitable rupture would cause. Casey takes the broken knife in his injured hand and jams it through the armor and into the power cell causing it to rupture outward vaporizing what was left of Casey's hand down to his bones and cybernetics and cauterizes his flesh. Casey stands up calling his jet-bike to the window which shattered during the fight. Casey checks on Garrison and finds he has no pulse and is totally dead for good Casey assumes. Casey then checks Thorne and he is just unconscious without any major injuries. The Jet-bike arrives and ejects an EMP grenade and Casey catches it in his uninjured hand. He turns to Maddox and says, "This is an EMP grenade Maddox if you so much as move I will throw this at you and keep in mind I still have one pistol left. I am coming to cuff you now." Casey sets his boot on Maddox's back and begins to attempt to handcuff him. Casey hears over comms, "we are approaching the building hold tight we are less than a minute out and will be inside shortly."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:49 pm 

“Warning: power level at 2% emergency power reserves unavailable. Multiple systems failure… pilot injuries sustained. Armor integrity compromised” The AI keeps Repeating as Maddox . “System override Maddox Alpha 2.” Maddox grunts in pain. “System shutting down, Authorized” the AI says as the suit powers down as he sits on the ground fully contempt on not going anywhere. “Can you at least take what is left of my helmet off? It is very hot in here” Maddox says to Casey.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:22 am 

Casey cuffs the compliant Maddox with his one functioning hand. He stoops silently fumbling with his ruined hand to release an integrated tool part of his cybernetics. Using the tool on his ruined hand he would disassemble the mountings of Maddox's helmet and removes the helmet with his uninjured hand. Thorne jumps up and immediately draws a bead on Maddox before realizing that he is mostly harmless. Agent Thorne then asks lowering his guard, "Garrison?" Casey nods to him communicating that he is dead and then Thorne continues in a gloating condescending voice, "you know the FBI was content to leave you to your little crusade Maddox. A dead super here and there and they wouldn't be too bothered. The higher ups thought you were helping to clean up the streets. Taking down those villains was tolerated but you had to stick out neck too far." Casey was disgusted but he didn't show it. Agent Thorne occasionally espoused beliefs that struck a nerve with him but he overlooked it often because he knew that Larry came from an entirely different time. Casey didn't visibly react though but his principles were still struck by Thorne's words as he continued. "You might have killed every last one of those bastards but no you just had to try to take my prize which you did. Now look at you bound like an ape with only your primal feelings of blood lust." Thorne chuckled a bit before kicking Maddox over for fun and a few seconds later some members of the Scarlet City SWAT team came charging into the building finding the scene of battle.

The SWAT team stood in awe as paramedics rushed ahead to begin treating everyone. One of them began attempting to revive Garrison with a defibrillator but after a few attempts decided it was fruitless after a few attempts. A paramedic helped walk Casey out who was just now totally overcome with exhaustion. It was many years since he was in his prime in the US army special forces. Casey applies a cybernetics kit to his ruined hand giving him some crude functionality back for the near future. The SWAT team carried Garrison out in a body bag hoping he wouldn't simply walk out of this one like the last time. Maddox would be half escorted half dragged to an armored truck to be taken to jail. Maddox's pistol was confiscated from him and taken for evidence. Everyone involved was taken to the Scarlet city federal building. The body of Garrison is stored in the federal building morgue followed by the paramedic that had tried to revive him.

John Martins came and collected the broken pieces of Casey's knife and pistol knowing that Casey would want them later. He quietly cataloged what he could of the incident preparing for the mountain of paperwork he would have to complete for Casey. He considered calling Casey's doctor to have him bring up medical equipment but hesitated thinking that Casey would want to go back home to Kentucky himself.

Maddox is taken to a cell with joint custody between the FBI ans FSA for the near future to ensure there is no escape. There are two FBI agents and a Super standing guard over Maddox. The super was clearly a female however she had four arms, was extremely muscular and stood an entire head above the FBI agents. Maddox might recognize her as the infamous wrestler and MMA fighter Mongrel. She made headlines by defeating all her opponents and competing in male leagues being in the heaviest weight class. After winning the championship and being labelled the all time champion in 2010 she was barred from further fights outside of challenges to her title but all challengers had been defeated. Less than two years ago she joined the FSA to put her abilities to use and earn a stable income.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:43 am 

As Maddox looks up at the guards he instantly knows the super that was the heavy weight champion, "got tired of fighting I guess, Traded the glory and fans to guard a guy that hunts supers. Interesting." Maddox says with sarcasm as he looks around his small cell to try and find any other means of escape. His eye still burning with pain under the bandages after his medical treatment to undo some of the damage that the armor's helmet did when Casey's plasma hit. "Is it time for my pain meds, my head is killing me." Maddox would ask the other guards.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:45 pm 

Casey stares at the nightmarish fusion of metal, bone and cartilage and contemplates what he had become in the line of duty. He pulls a glove over it and looks up at the clock. It is late in the night so he decides to get some rest by sleeping in his office. His sleep was interrupted by a clatter at his office door. Reaching for his pistol but stopping as he saw what made the noise through the door's window. He quickly after getting up he opens the door and his servant drones flies his breakfast onto his desk. "Good morning sir." Follows the drone and it comes from his handler. "I arranged breakfast for you and I have the pieces of your broken weapons. Also I scoped out Maddox's lawyer who just arrived, he seems to be from SCI. I have been preparing your case against Maddox but I doubt it will hold water against whatever that SCI lawyer is plotting up and I could have sworn I saw him at the scene, but I don't know." Casey quickly eats his breakfast and begins reading over the paperwork prepared by John and adds what he can to strengthen his case.

"No, it is not time for your meds." said Mongrel keeping a close eye on during the overnight shift until Casey would take over in the morning. She was his first apprentice and saved by his grace after she had brutalized her childhood abuser. Near the end of her watch a man in a suit entered the room and gave her his credentials and said that he would be taking Dominic to discuss his legal case as his lawyer. Mongrel didn't like the feeling this seemingly sleazy lawyer was giving her but she couldn't fight his authority. At his request she and the FBI agents escorted Maddox to a secure interrogation chamber when she was relieved by a detail of five FBI agents.

As Maddox entered the room where the lawyer took his seat he would see there was already a ton of paperwork and evidence laid out on the table. "I hope they have made good accommodations for you. I am Henry Wheeler and I will be representing your case on behalf of the Scarlet City Institute Branch. You have quite the record but that will be expunged by the time I am done. I can get their case thrown out in less than a week and if that fails the institute has its sway." Wheeler would seem to Maddox as though he had some hidden authority and his voice sounded as a nectar sweet but without substance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next