All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:23 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

________

The evening before had gone by in such a haze to Draco that he had slept in a lot longer than he had managed ever since arriving at camp.
This also meant that Draco had woken up just in time to get ready for breakfast and thus missed out on his morning ritual of seeing the sun rise on the lake. It had been what the had been doing ever since coming to camp, so he hoped that Harry didn’t think anything of it.
He arrived at the dining hall, having just managed to finish his makeup just in time. He was in desperate need of a cup of coffee and that was all he wanted.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:40 am 

It had been inevitable not to notice that Draco hadn't joined Harry by the lake this morning. A pang had gone straight to Harry's heart at the prospect of spending the morning on his own; not as much out of worry or regret, but at the sudden and striking realisation that he missed Draco's pressence.
Harry had established the habit of going to the dock at dawn his second morning at camp, three summers ago; Draco had only been joinging him shy of two weeks, and yet the dock had come to feel foreign to Harry when he once again had to face it on his own. It all hit Harry like a truck, made dizzy by the realisation of just how much he liked Draco.
Sitting by the breakfast table an hour few hours later, his hair was still damp after his swin and shirt had water spots at his shoulders after his subsequent shower. In front of him was a plate with the remains of a portion of scrambled eggs, and a handful of cut carrots.
Despite the emotional turmoil at the lake, Harry had at no point worried about the implications of Draco not showing. In fact, Harry had awoken fully at ease. Though he knew he would have to talk to Draco about last night, and though he knew that conversation could go a million differents way, Harry had been left with a sense of clarity that would even ease the blow of a possible rejection.
Seeing Draco walk into the hall, however, brought an inevitable smile to Harry's lips. His features had lit up at the sheer sight, and he did his best to swallow his grin by bitting down on a carrot stick.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:34 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if Draco had tried not to overthink last night, it was undeniable that seeing Harry again brought a soft smile to his lips. They had been eating together for several weeks now, yet it felt so exciting to be joining Harry at the breakfast table on that particular morning. Draco barely even saw the other counsellors, even if he tried to hide just how affected he was by seeing Harry again.
“Good morning, where is the coffee?” He said more than asked as he got to the table, placing himself next to Harry, skin buzzing where he brushed against Harry’s, but he tried not to let that show either.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:32 pm 

Harry's eyes followed Draco as the other circled the table, his growing grin only softened by his hand at his lips, a carrot stick pinched between his fingers. The slight variations of their morning was enough to send a thrill down Harry's spine; not walking together from the dock to breakfast, Draco moving to seat himself by Harry's side when he had previously sat across from him whenever possible. There was something deeply exciting about even being aware of these subtle changes to their otherwise established routine.
Attention laying undivided on Draco, it was only when the other spoke that Harry shifted. Letting the carrot fall to his plate n order to free up his hands, Harry easily reached across the table after the thermos, answering Draco's question with an action.
When Harry yet again turned, thermos in hand, Draco had seated himself by his side. The sheer ridicule of Draco's proximity made Harry's head spin and smile widen. The line down the outside his thigh where they just barely touched felt impossibly warm, yet the feeling wasn't nearly enough.
With a thud he finally placed the thermos in front of Draco.
"Good morning," Harry smiled, only thereafter ducking his head towards his place.
Without a trace of hesitation, Harry spread his legs, pressing his knee against Draco's, greatly increasing the area of contact. When Harry once again glanced up at Draco, he yet again had placed a carrot stick to his lips; it yet again took the edge of his grin. "You're up late."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:21 am 

It was a silly thing, but Draco was absolutely thriving on the fact that he and Harry had a secret together now. It was absolutely ridiculous, because he highly doubted that anyone would think poorly of them if it actually came out, yet it felt rejuvenating and Draco knew that he was going to want to hold onto this secret for as long as he could.
“Thank you,” he said as he poured himself a cup of coffee, wanting to get at least one cup of coffee before even thinking about food. It was only further heightened by the fact that he didn’t really want to leave Harry’s side, instead wanting to stay close to him in a setting where it wouldn’t be frowned upon or even thought about.
“Yeah, I slept like a rock,” he stated, turning slightly as to better be able to see Harry and thus pressing their thighs against each other, It was such a small thing and it made Draco regret not getting up earlier to actually get to be alone with Harry.
“Did you miss me?” He asked with a crooked grin, knowing that the question was juvenile but he couldn’t help himself. Being around Harry made him feel like being around his first ever crush again and he could almost forget what had actually brought this on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 am 

The wittiness of Harry's reply was greatly compromised by the feeling of Draco's thighs resting against his own. The feeling effectively deafened ever other sense, clouding his mind with other imagery and effectively forcing him to draw a blank when trying to form a sentence.
A sheepish grin to his lips, Harry shrugged and arched his brows in a tell-tale gesture. His mouth occupied by a bite partially excused his lack of an immediate response, yet his grin proved that Draco hadn't been far off.
"I had almost made it through the five stages of grief," he finally answered, having swallowed the bite. His expression was boyish, though he didn't meet Draco's eye; as he reached for his glass of water, his eyes ducked aimlessly at the table, moving to keep his hand occupied and off of Draco's knee.
Cup in hand, Harry's eyes returned to Draco, an eady and dramatically exasperated grin to his lips. "But here you are again, sending me for a loop all over again."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 pm 

It felt terrible to be this close with Harry and knowing that they could not get closer. He wasn’t even sure if it was going to be a recurring thing or if it was just a one off thing, but Draco knew that he had enjoyed being close with Harry and it was weird to be around him like this again.
“I’m sorry about that,” he said with a crooked smile, knowing that they didn’t really need to be sitting this close, but he was trying to read where they were at and he hoped that Harry was at least being a little sincere in the way he was talking.
“But I am right back with you now,” he added, leaning over to bump his shoulder gently against Harry’s, hoping that the gesture was easy enough to be read as friendly rather than anything else. “And I am certain that I will be back by the lake with you tomorrow.”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:57 pm 

Up until now, they had so easily shared a tease, but Draco's promise made it impossible not to break character. The prospect of seeing Draco again tomorrow morning was thrilling, making Harry feel giddy at the thought of being alone with Draco again. They hadn't talked about what they were, and Harry doubted they ever would; it was, however, reassuring beyond words to know that Draco still wanted to see him. He couldn't get a grin off of his face.
Harry only regained focus when Draco once again leaned away, shoulders no longer touching. It suddenly felt like Draco was miles away, and without even thinking about it, Harry shifted discreetly, swinging one leg across Draco's, their legs interlocking at the ankle to replace the lost area of contact.
"Aren't you gonna eat?" Harry asked, abrupt change of subject. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Harry knew that the question ment they'd have to face the fact that Draco would, eventually, have to get up. Harry grinned, unapologetic, enjoying the tease. "They're about to tidy up."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:10 pm 

The sudden intertwining of their legs caught Draco a little off guard, but he couldn’t say that he didn’t enjoy that little kind of caress. He desperately wanted to touch Harry more, wanting to take his hand or even lean in and kiss him again, but he knew that that was going to be an absolutely terrible idea, so he refrained. Instead, he wrapped his fingers around the cup of coffee, finding that to be easier.
“I’m good. I have coffee,” he said in a soft voice, knowing that skipping breakfast probably was a pretty bad idea, but he knew where to find granola bars and as long as he had gotten coffee, he saw no reason to cut this morning talk short.
“That’s what I get for waking up so late, isn’t it?”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:25 pm 

Harry grinned at that, clearly not agreeing with that conclusion, yet not having it in him to disagree. While Harry didn't want to encourage Draco to spend a hot summers day without any food, he couldn't say that Draco's class was going to put him under a lot of strain.
"Yeah," he just chuckled, an unsaid i guess lingering in his voice.
"Are you done, Haz?"
Dean's voice abruptly brought Harry back to reality, eyes darting towards Dean's towering silhuette. His hand was outreached across the table towards Harry and his empty plate, and yet it took Harry a moment to understand the question.
"Yeah," Harry ended up repeating, voice almost startled. Even though the realisation that there were other people around them seemed to surprise Harry, he didn't move to pull away from Draco. Unabashedly, he tipped his foot, anklet brushing against Draco's skin.
Stacking his cup and cutlery on the plate, he offered it to Dean with a smile. "Thanks, mate."
"Draco?" Dean offered, despite not immediately being able to spot any dirty dishes in front of Draco.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:03 am 

Draco almost wanted to laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of the situation.
It was clear to Draco that he and Harry weren’t going to be in a relationship and they were not going to be public about what had happened between them; yet they were sitting so close still and Draco found that he had no desire too pull away. The feeling of Harry’s anklet against his leg only further exposed how ridiculous it all was and Draco didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.
“It’s fine. I’m just gonna finish my coffee and wash it myself,” he offered, finding that that was probably going to be easier. Also, he really didn’t need the further scrutiny of Dean being around them, not wanting him to ask questions they weren’t ready to answer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:28 pm 

"Alright," Dean agreed with some reluctance. There was a visible hesitation to him, his body getting stuck in the intent of stepping away but never really doing so. "Get something to eat, yeah, mate? It's a hot one today, dun' want anybody pass out from heatstroke."
With that and a well-meaning smile, Dean filtered towards the kitchen.
Over the course of the exchange, Harry's eyes had dipped to a hangnail on his thumb, thoughtlessly picking at the skin. It was only when Dean moved that Harry glanced up, offering him a grateful smile.
Huffing out an exhale, Harry crossed his arms against the counter, tucking the hangnailed finger out of sight and mind. Instead, he turned to look properly at Draco.
"You do look flushed," he pointed, a dumb, boyish grin to his lips as he spoke, well aware sun exposure hardly could serve as a valid explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:57 pm 

“I will, don’t worry,” Draco managed to tell Dean before he went away, feeling quite flustered by the entire situation. One thing was the continued feeling of Harry’s leg against his own, the continued feeling of the anklet against his bare skin sending shivers down his spine.
“Shut up,” Draco stated as he pushed his shoulder against Harry’s, unable to hide a flustered grin from finding its way to his lips. The relationship he was having with Harry was so juvenile and silly which was very new to Draco and he didn’t really know what to do about himself in this.
“Just shut up.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:53 pm 

The sight of Draco waiting for him on the dock never seemed to fail making Harry's heart skip a beat. It only seemed to get worse, feeling heat pool in the pit of his stomach out boyish anticipation. The familiarity of the scene made Harry's heart leap in his chest, the reaction twice over what it would have been seeing Draco here at dawn.
"You're here early," Harry greeted once he stepped onto the wooden dock, wanting to make his presence known before he inadvertently snuck up on Draco. The tease was said with an audible grin, nothing about his being displaying anything but giddy excitement.
With everything that had happened the past 24 hours, Harry rationally knew he should be experiencing some kind of emotional turmoil; in reality, it had been the easiest day of his life. He and Draco had spent such an increasing amount of time together that everything that had happened since they kissed just felt like a natural prolongation of their friendship; Harry was so infactuated with Draco that he hadn't even given his sexuality a second thought.
"Are you trying to make up for oversleeping?" he grinned as he approached Draco, no real heat in his voice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:59 pm 

It would be a lie to say that Draco hadn’t felt a little bad about missing their usual morning ritual, but seeing Harry coming walking down the dock towards him with that smile made all the worry melt away. There was such an ease to their interactions, almost as if their kiss was a natural extension of their friendship; a sweet anticipation that was finally coming to fruition.
“Maybe,” he said with a sweet smile, almost having to sit on his hands to not reach out for Harry and pull him closer.
The two of them had never discussed what last night had meant to them and Draco knew that he didn’t want to. They were going to have to sooner or later, but Draco would much rather it be later, figuring that talking ruined things more often than not and he didn’t want that.
“Didn’t get my daily fix, so I am going to have to take it now,” he added with a soft grin, eyes never leaving Harry as he spoke.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 pm 

Having Draco look at him like that was almost more than Harry could handle. Already feeling flushed by the sheer proximity, the sweetness of Draco's smile threatened to made Harry's knees buckle beneath him. Left with a sudden feeling of vertigo, like the planks he was walking on had become unsteady, Harry's breath hitched. On the exhale, it became a flustered, little chuckle.
Eyes dipping towards the dock only long enough to make sure that the dock did not, in fact, disappear beneath him, Harry seated himself next to Draco. "Your daily fix of what?" he asked, an easy, laughed airiness still in his voice.
It was only when saying it out loud that Harry heard the boldness of his question, the realization striking him when he once again raised his gaze and finding that Draco was still looking at him; it made a shiver run down Harry's spine.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:20 pm 

“The view,” Draco stated, eyes still lingering on Harry as the other had placed himself next to him, making the statement all the more intimate. It wasn’t a complete lie and he had indeed been enjoying his morning walks before the had started encountering Harry on the docks, but everything was so different now. It was clear to the both of them what Draco was actually talking about, at least Draco hoped that it was, yet it still remained unsaid, hanging in the air between them.
“Did you miss me?”

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm 

Harry felt his cheeks flush at that. It was a helplessly juvenile reaction to a response that wasn't particularly incriminating, yet Harry's ears were ringing with the sheer weight of the unspoken implications of Draco's phrasing.
His lips parted far before he even understood the question.
"This morning?" he eventually asked, dumbly and with a delay. His mind was still playing catch up with reality, and Harry had to make a conscious decision of not getting too hung up about Draco's reply.
When Harry finally answered, a boyish grin grew across his features. There was a shy excitement about his smile as his heart fluttered in his chest. Welcoming the feeling rather than shying away from it, Harry turned further towards Draco, Harry steadied himself with an elbow of his own knee as he leaned forward.
"Yeah," he admitted with a smile; when he heard it said out loud, Harry thought the answer had come too readily. "I thought I told you that, already."

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:04 pm 

Draco shrugged at that, fully aware that Harry had indeed implied that in the morning, but it still felt nice to actually hear him being able to say it more outright. There was something so endearing about the boyish grin on Harry’s features, making it all too obvious that his co counsellor was excited about what the hell ever it was that they were doing together.
“Did you really?” He asked with a crooked grin, scooting a little closer such that their legs brushed against one another, not shy to initiate physical contact once more. It was a thin line to walk but Draco was willing to take a chance on this.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:54 pm 

Harry made a little face at that. The smile remained unwavering, though he almost seemed sheepish when pressed about his reply; while Draco seemed to doubt its earnesty, Harry knew it was pitifully truthful.
"Yeah," he repeated, the word spoken on an exhaled chuckle. It felt both silly and intimate having to repeat himself, yet, the moment Draco's leg brushed against his, he found that he didn't care. Instinctively, Harry's eyes dipped to their laps, their bare skin brushing.
With such thoughtlessness that it could have been perceived as boldness, Harry's hand found Draco's knee, readily welcoming the proximity.
As he straightened his posture, Harry's eyes once again found Draco's. His smile had widened, though he didn't seem intent on addressing the shift of their interaction. "You sound surprised?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next