All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Receiving the drink, Loki wasn’t given any additional hints of whether he would like it or not. It was plain and simple yes, with a bitter scent, but otherwise nothing. Hearing Deanna, Loki followed where she was pointing, taking in the corner seat. Perfect. It wasn’t in the middle of the room, gave a good view of the area, while also keeping them more or less distanced from the rest of the customers.

Taking the seat across from Deanna, Loki watched the door swing open and closed with each person who passed though. He set his coffee on the table, folding his arms loosely on the surface as the bells over the door announced the entrances and exits, letting in the noise of traffic and others walking by briefly.

The steam coming from both cups curled in the air, reminding Loki of the way his own magic would twist and curl in green swirls when he allowed it. Of course he could do nothing of the sort here, not with so many people about and Deanna so close. New York of all places should have been one of the last places he should attempt such a thing after the incident the last time he was here. So long as he kept his magic up, concealing his true appearance, no one would be able to recognize him.

Turning his attention back to the drink before him, Loki lifted the cup, taking a small sip of the dark liquid. At first he wasn’t sure if he liked it, the taste strong on his tongue, but after a moment and another sip it grew on him. Yes, he approved of this coffee.

Looking to Deanna and noting her concentration on her own beverage, a faint smile on his face, Loki spoke.

“You’ve become awful quiet.” He said, his usual mocking or sarcasm lost from his voice. “Perhaps the coffee has stolen your voice?” He added, an almost joking tone colouring his words.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Deanna chuckled softly before nodding. It was certainly true that she was quiet now. Usually, she was still talking now, but she was too focused on her coffee. " You're certainly right about that. " She said before taking another sip of her coffee. Ah, it was still hot which was a good thing. Cold coffee didn't taste so good at all.

" How's your coffee? " Deanna asked. She was curious if he liked it or not since this was Loki's first time trying the hot beverage. She took another sip of her coffee before glancing out the window. It seemed like it would be a rather nice day. There appeared to be no storm clouds and the sun was outshining. It was certainly a nice day to go shopping or even taking a nice little stroll.

" So what kind of stuff do you like to do? " Deanna asked. She wanted to know a little more about this guy. Like what his hobbies are or really anything else. Once again, Deanna took a sip of her coffee before setting it back down. Ah, coffee was so good to drink in the morning.

The heat from the cup sure made her hands warm even know it wasn't cold in the cafe. The temperature in the cafe was just right. Not too hot or cold. It was set to the perfect temperature.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:04 pm 

Loki’s smile mirrored Deanna’s. Contrary to popular belief, he didn’t always want to cause chaos and destruction, didn’t always want to pick a fight with someone and expand his ever growing list of enemies, didn’t always want to play the bad guy. Sometimes he just wanted a quiet moment, a chance to actually have a conversation with someone who could hold a decent conversation without wanting to discuss the best method of dashing the enemy's brains in.

“It is acceptable.” He replied when asked how it was. “I think it would pair quite nicely with a honeyed cake.” Loki said, referring to the pastry he had come to love on Asgard, a sort of weakness of his own. The bitterness of the drink and the sweetness of the cake, yes, he would like to try it someday.

Pausing for a moment to think, Loki took a sip from his own cup before answering.

“I read quite a lot.” Very true. “And study the cultures of other people among other things.” Not so far from the truth. His other hobbies couldn’t very well be shared, Midgardians not practicing magic or participating in sword practice, at least not too many in this time and age. What he shared was as close as he could get to sounding ‘normal’ by their standards.

“What of yourself?” He returned, holding his cup with one hand and leaning back in his seat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:43 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Deanna nodded as she took another sip of her coffee. She had forgotten to get a blueberry muffin with her coffee. Ah, oh well. The girl could always just get it another time. " That does sound cake. Honstely, I have never had a honeyed cake before. " She said. It did sound really good for sure. She took another sip of her coffee before setting it down on the table once more.

" Cool. I try to read when I can. What kind of books are you into? " Deanna asked. She knew there were different types of books. Horror, mysterious, romance, etc. She was curious about what kind of books he did enjoy reading.

Smiling, Deanna didn't mind answering his question. " I like to mostly draw when I have the time. Sometimes, I don't get to draw a lot because of my job. I do have some pictures of my drawings on my phone if you want to see them. " She said. She drew all kinds of stuff. Animals, cars, landscape, etc. The girl did sometimes sell her artwork to make a little cash or even donate it.

" I am currently working on one right now. I still have quite a bit left to go until I finish it. " She said. Deanna wasn't sure when she would be finished with it. Maybe a couple of months she would be done with it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14 pm 

Taking another sip of his coffee, Loki raised a brow at Deanna upon hearing she had never tried a honeyed cake. Surely Midgard had something similar, they had just about every other type of sweet available, many of which Loki had never heard of.

“Someday you will have to. They really are quite good, a weakness even.” He admitted with a faint smile. Had he not been in the company of Midgardians, many of whom would turn hostile at the first glimpse of either his true form or even a flash of magic, Loki would have easily conjured some of the cakes right there.

He was surprised yet again as Deanna took an interest in his hobby, something Loki had deemed a dying art as the number of people he had seen with an actual book had come to a disappointingly low number.

“Much of what I read is about other people, their cultures. I like to learn.” He answered. “Older books that are often forgotten can hold such gems of knowledge that most are too pleased to ignore.” As he spoke his eyes lit up, clearly enjoying the topic. As Deanna mentioned that she drew, Loki took an interest in that in the same way she had with his hobby.

“I would like to see, if you wouldn’t mind.” Artists were few and far between on Asgard, only a couple being hired by the royal family for portraits and other such displays. Only during festivals did one really get to see what could be created when not tied to specifications.