All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate stopped playing an end song abruptly. She watched her father stand and attention was given as the Lordship spoke in a calm deep voice. The mage gazed upon her charges as each expression turned to marryment to distress. When the ball was mentioned.

Kate had seen all the orcs she wanted and agreed heartily with Matt they were big and ugly brutes, violent and scary. She placed her lute in the case and held Jasper's hand. She knew from his dreams he was forced to fight younger orcs in death matches. It was one such battle that led him to the warehouse in Wildwood just months before.

A trip to the palace would place Jasper in contact with courtesans and soldiers. They gambled and lusted for money of Lord Draco's pit fighter. The pleasures of Lady Malora's exotic pets, Jasper especially being a Savannah cat was a favorite. Kate reached over and held her lover's hand. She saw him lower his head and he looked down at the floor when her father stood. It hurt her to see him fall into old habits when Lord Lyons spoke. He was trying to remain seated the expression did not hide his feelings of shame and regret. His eyes revealed the emotions Kate sensed from his hand. The mage mind spoke to Jasper, "Your not what you were a fighter for sport and a pet. I will make sure you are not recognized."

Kate saw Abby was relieved she could dress as she pleased.

The mage held her father's gaze, "Papa, please allow them to stay at the inn and not the palace. Their lives have been made mizerable by..."

Lyons extended his hand, "I know what you want Katie. Your charges are part of the Lyons household. They cannot be hidden from the court. Jasper, You have Kate's favor and her life is in your hands. Come speak with me tomorrow in my study. You need to be prepared to be presented to the court."

Kate gasped and covered her hand with her mouth, "Papa! Are you sure Jasper is ready? He can barely look at me and cannot look you in the eyes. Being introduced to the King's court so soon. Someone will recognize him. Abby clearly detests nobles. Matt, He is not ready. Maybe next year."

"It is late and this family is going to learn to accept their place as free citizens. My decision is final. Lads and Abby, you will see the King as free citizens and my children or wards. I have documents for you to sign. Abby, you are a free woman and transfer of domicile is needed. Matt and Jasper, you are freemen once you sign the documents. I could not think of a better Winterfest gift."

Kate squeezed Jasper's hand and leans toward him, "Big step and dreams come true."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

It wasn’t the first time and it certainly wouldn’t be the last time that Jasper would react in such a way to a voice of authority. Head down, body tense, he awaited orders and accepted those he was given. Feeling Kate’s hand in his, Jasper felt it was the only thing keeping him from bolting to attention or dropping to his knees. He lightly squeezed her hand back, briefly making eye contact with the mage. His eyes once more flashed to hers when she mind spoke, reminding him of things he should already know at this point.

It was almost a relief when Kate interjected, trying to avoid the whole situation, but Lyons was having none of it. Jasper knew he was to protect Kate, no matter what, and part of him was curious as to what more Lord Lyons wanted from him. However, he also knew that whatever it was, he would do it.

Abby’s gaze went between both Lord Lyons and Kate, her arms crossed as she listened to what was said. Matt looked lost as he tried to keep up with it all.

The way it was put, it did seem like a great gift, to be free and able to do as they pleased, but Jasper was unsure of it all. He had been born and raised to serve, it was drilled into him and as they had learned, it was difficult to go against this. His ears lay flat as Lord Lyons concluded. Feeling Kate leaning closer, his gaze fell on her, exposing clearly everything he was feeling to the mage, though there was no doubt that she already knew.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:25 am 

Kate sat still as she was filled with protest and protective. These three were her family yet her father always had to be in control. When he finished speaking she squeezed Jaspers hand reassuringly and tensed.
"Papa, Your intentions are good. This is not the time. She looked at Abby with a scowl and her arms crossed. The look on her face reminded her of her first meeting. She knew Abby was free and she chose to remain because of Jasper's situation. Kate was in love with the beautiful Savannah cat. Jasper was not cold-hearted or bloodthirsty. Kate kept Jasper calm and made sure he would not be in a position to fight. He fought his demons not kneel before her father.
Kate mind spoke to Jasper, "Your doing well, stay seated. I do not want you signing anything than your own free will. Not because Father is giving you an order. I will not have you on display before this or any court ever."

The mage glanced at Mat fidgeting with his empty mug as his eye could not focus on her father.

Kate held Jasper's hand tighter, "Papa, your intentions are well and good. What you are asking is more than Mat and Jasper can grasp right now. You are rushing this. Mat has no idea what freedom means. Jasper wants to be free but is fighting to unlearn all that he was. Serving you, serving King Atrius is more of the same. Following orders and commands. Give them the documents to sign so on paper they are free. Allow them time to acclimate and meet others."

The mage watched her father move closer to the middle of the room. All eye were on her. She stood up from the bench, "I refuse to have them on display at court. They will go as family members. As for eating at the King's dining hall, the decision is theirs. I have no problem with Abby and Mat staying in the suite. Jasper taking his place as my protector in the hall among the noble guards.
Papa, it is late let them sleep on this and experience WinterFest without pressure as I promised."

Lyons lowered his pipe and arched a brow at Kate, "You promised?"

Kate put her arm around Jasper, "Yes. I promised them fun and no work until the Holiday is over. Mat, baking cookies and tree decorating are fun. You are making good memories. Don't ruin this holiday. Please, no now"

Lord Lyons tossed ashes from his pipe into the fire and looked at the dying embers, "You have grown into your Mother, Kate, alright you may keep your promise. Till the end of the holiday. They still go with us to the King's palace for your performance and they will stay with Ann. Jasper is your protector and will be vigilant."

Kate grinned and rubbed Jasper's back, "He will be armed to his teeth and remain hidden."

Lions took a few paces forward, "Do any of you have anything to say before going to bed?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm 

Kate’s hand in his own kept Jasper grounded, giving him something to focus on other than the overwhelming urge to fall into old habits. Listening to her stand against her father in such a way caused a jolt of worry to race up his spine. What if Kate got in trouble for this? Jasper knew in an instant that he would accept any punishment inflicted her way for her actions despite knowing that wasn’t how the Lyons family operated. Kate’s voice in his mind had Jasper returning to the present moment, his eyes glancing in her direction before return to the floor.

Matt was unsure what to say, or even if he should say anything at all! Choosing instead to direct his attention to the mug in his hands, he nearly dropped it. Clutching it close to his chest, his eyes wide, Matt first looked to Jasper, then Kate, and finally a quick glance towards Lord Lyons before he too directed his gaze to the floor. He was sure he had missed something, some part of the context, but he didn’t dare ask. Lord Lyons was different, more commanding, and it made Matt nervous. Seeing the way Jasper reacted to the older man’s remarks, Matt could only assume he was feeling the same way, and that was just as frightening. Jasper was familiar, like an older brother, and Matt looked up to him.

The sound of movement had all eyes looking to the source before quickly looking away as Lord Lyons approached. Abby, defiant as ever held her ground, watching the man carefully. She didn’t owe him a thing, she didn’t need to follow his orders. He had said so himself, she was a free woman.

Listening to Kate trying to reason with her father, Jasper nearly jumped when her arm moved around him. Leaning into the touch, he remained silent when the floor was open to any further comments. Matt followed suit, looking up through his lashes to Kate, his respect for her only growing.

Abby considered saying something, had had no problems with jumping in with her own remarks and opinions on the whole ordeal. She settled however for simply shifting her weight to one foot, her arms still tightly crossed, and her eyes slightly narrowed at the man. She wasn’t going to hide her anger, or dislike of the whole ordeal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:36 pm 

Lyons shook his head as he glanced at everyone. He was not surprised by the expression on the faces looking back at him and eyes cast down on the floor and a mug. "I am more accustomed to addressing soldiers as Kate knows. Abby, meeting the King is a rare honor. You have an opportunity to marry and meet people that can make you a wealthy and powerful woman. Play your cards right you can take advantage of those who wronged your family."

He stepped toward Jasper and Kate. Kate uttered a warning "Papa." He stopped in mid-step, "Jasper, are you ready to become a free citizen and take up the mantle as a member of The House of Lyons?"

He walked up to Matt, "Look at me lad? Do you desire to be free and accept my offer to make you my ward? You will be my son until you are 18. You are free to stay or make your way into the world. Do understand my request?"

Kate held a deep breath this was Matt's decision and she held Jasper's hand tightly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:04 am 

When she was addressed, Abby raised a brow at the man, not uttering a word until he had finished. She knew what he was saying was all with good intentions, to start her off on a better life, but it wasn’t what she wanted.

“As rare of an honour it may be, what if I don’t want it? What if I want nothing to do with any of it?” She asked, knowing she may be stepping out of line. She caught Jasper’s eye as he looked across to her, a silent plea in his gaze which she ignored.

“Why do I need someone else to make me anything?” Abby’s eyes narrowed once more on Lord Lyons as he moved on to her brother.

Tensing as the man stepped towards him, Jasper forced himself to look up to Lord Lyons, if only momentarily. Was he ready to be free? Maybe, but there was still so much he had to learn, and unlearn. But Jasper felt Lord Lyons was looking for a certain answer here. He swallowed before attempting to answer, his voice a little shaky as he gave his answer.

“Yes, sir.” He kept his head bowed, not able to meet the man’s gaze as he moved to face Matt.

When he was asked to look at Lord Lyons, Matt’s head snapped up. As soon as the question was asked of him though, Matt found himself looking quickly to the others in the room, looking for some answer. He didn’t know!

“I...uhhh….Yes? Maybe? I...I don’t know.” He started, once more looking to the others before returning his attention to Lord Lyons and dropping his gaze, fiddling with the mug in his hands again. “I mean, I think I understand. You’ll let me stay here, and then I can choose to go someplace else or stay, right? What if I don’t know by then? What if I don’t know where to go?” Was he asking too many questions? Should he just shut up and accept what was being offered?

“Sorry, I...sorry.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 pm 

Lyons knew Abby wanted to be independent and her stubbornness was to either welcomed or admired. He pivoted to face her, "I can see you have no love of Nobles. You are a head-strong woman, Abby, you have a choice to stay as part of House of Lyons or remain as our guest. As our guest, you may stay at the Inn in Seville. I will not force you to attend the ball. I will give you a week to think about this."

He turned facing the nervous teen clutching the mug to his chest, "I trust in time you will not fear me. Lad, in the years to come you will learn to make your own decisions. By the time you are 18 you will be ready for the world and in time know your place in it. Never allow your past define who you are. I will adopt you as my son. Over the next few months, we will spend the time needed to bond. You will be given all the rights and privileges as a nobleman's second son. Indeed you have much to learn and the time needed to achieve them. Together we will find what you do best and hone those skills."

He stepped toward Jasper and swallowed as he remembered his painful past. He stretched his left hand on the piano, "The King sees you as having greatness you have yet to believe. I see much of myself when I look at you. Young, scared, and confident in fighting skills and survival. Untrusting and always on guard. I walked in your shoes. I once had the comfort of a Noble Healer Mage. She will never leave your side. I know your past will always haunt you. Kate will keep you grounded. Trust your gut, Jasper. Come to me when you are ready to accept your right as a free man. I will see you are given citizenship in the kingdom of your choosing. You will be fighting that gaze as long as you feel unworthy to any man. The truth is are other men worthy of your respect?"

Lyons embraced Kate and turned to the door, "This is a fine family you adopted Kate. Each has their own strengths. I could not be prouder. I bid you all good night and a Happy Winterfest."

Lyons sauntered into the great hall followed by Ann who stopped at the doorway and winked. "Good Night to ya and Happy Winterfest. Ya all did well tonight. These are the best ginger cookies." She entered the hall licking her fingers.

Jon stood and stepped toward Matt, "Well, it was fun while it lasted and good night. See you all at breakfast. Hey Matt, welcome to the family little brother."
Jonn collected Jasper's mug and saucer, "Jasper, Father must like you a lot. Never heard him say anything like that." He gave his mug and saucer to Kate. Kate frowned at him. She handed him her mug and saucer. Jon collected Abby's mug and saucer. "Thanks, Abby I don't suppose there is a smidgeon of a chance you come to the ball so I could dance with you?"

Kate rubbed her temple and gazed at Jasper, "Jon is right. Papa never talked like that to anyone. You do have an inner strength much greater than your outer. She pushed back a strand of his hair with the back of her hand slowly, "You can look at other men's eyes. You are better than most." Kate placed her palm in the center of his chest, "Here is where that strength comes from. You are no killer only forced to. You have a gentle nature and love those closest to you. One day you can say how you feel."

Kate held his hand and stood up. "Let's give them some privacy."
The mage turned her head to look at Mat, he stared straight at her. She held her arm out toward him and motioned for him to come toward her. "Come on were going upstairs. I am sure you have a lot of questions."

Kate stood up and holding Jasper's an and Matt's hand pinkie waved at Jon and Abby in the doorway. She swung her arms and stopped at the base of the stairs. "Both of you did well tonight. I know Papa can scare his own soldiers. You're not in trouble I want you both in my room. Jasper, I want you to turn into your Savannah cat. You need Lovins after all that. Matt, you have a million questions. Both of you please get ready for bed and come to my room."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:11 pm 

Abby fully expected Lord Lyons to be insulted, angered at her stubbornness and dismissal of what was expected, instead she was actually given a choice. A smug, almost prideful grin found its way on her face as the lord turned to address the others.

Matt couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He didn’t remember much about his parents, but he had spent the majority of his life in service to others, always on the bottom rungs, and now he was being adopted by a lord! Blinking in surprise, Matt did drop the mug then. Thankfully it didn’t break as he bent to scoop it up before looking up to Lord Lyons.

“Gosh, I...well, I...thank you! I don’t know what…” Biting his lip, Matt forced himself to stay seated, not to jump up to hug the man or shake his hand. He shot a grin to Kate, his eyes bright. He settled somewhat as Lord Lyons moved on to Jasper and began speaking of his own past, the tone of the room shifting with it.

Jasper listened, daring to look up once as the lord admitted to having been in a similar position. It was hard to believe that someone like the lord before him could have started off so low. The man’s last question caught Jasper off guard. Respect was not something he had been given, ever. Ridicule, fear, hatred, but never respect.

As Lord Lyons left, Jasper leaned a little against Kate. The whole time he had been tense, keeping up appearances but now that the room was emptying he was exhausted, and a little overwhelmed.

Jon received a grin from Matt at the mention of ‘little brother’ before his attention was drawn to Kate beckoning him over.

“I honestly don’t even know.” He admitted, looking shocked still from the news as he was ushered upstairs to get ready for bed.

Abby had heard the question asked of her by Jon and she quickly busied herself with the hem of her shirt. She knew there was a faint blush on her cheeks but would claim it was from the warmth of the room if questioned. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear she met his gaze with her own.

“We shall see, I...haven’t made a complete decision yet.” She answered, noticing the others leaving the pair alone from the corner of her eye.

Jasper watched Matt climb the stairs, hearing as he muttered to himself about what had just happened before turning to look to Kate. He shifted from one foot to the other, his eyes on the floor.

“Kate…” He started, hesitance in the single syllable. It took a few more seconds before he could lift his gaze to hers, seeming to be searching for something. “No, its...its nothing.” Jasper half turned away, ready to just climb the stairs and get ready for bed, but he paused. The short nails of one hand scratched at his palm before he looked back to Kate.

“I just…” Why was this so hard! Running a hand over his jaw Jasper sighed. He wanted to be able to wrap his arms around her to show his appreciation, to return some of that love she so easily showed him, but getting the words out was hard enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:11 pm 

Kate read the expressions on Matt and Jasper. Small utterances of words of willing themselves to be expressed. Years of harsh punishment still prevented them from speaking freely.
The mage squeezed both their hands and she gazed into their eyes before ascending the stairs. "Come into my room and speak your mind. Papa can be intimidating. He cares dearly for you. I could not be happier. You both did well today and Papa knows it will take time before you speak to him as you can with me."
She led them both to her room and motioned for them to sit on her bed. She sat between them. She faced Matt first as she slowly placed her right hand on his shoulder. "Easy, your not in trouble. You did very well tonight. When he finished she patted his arm. "Good Matt. What did you want to say? You can always speak freely to me."
When he finnished moments later she lifted his chin, "Look at my face for 10 seconds and take deep breaths. Repeat this 10 times. Is time you learn to look at people. No more looking at your feet. Practice on me and the servants. I will ask Papa to get his permission."

After Matt spoke, Kate turned and faced her champion and slowly lifted his chin. "You do the same. Take your time getting the words out. She paused awaiting his reply. When he finished speaking she replied then spoke, "I want you to practice speaking to all in the household. The guards you do not have to speak to. I want you looking up when you pass them. We go into town only put your heads down to avoid the sun or you are tired. No one needs to know your past. I see you looking down when being spoken to I will pinch you."

Kate placed her thumb and finger on each of their arms and gave a light squeeze. I promised not to hurt you. This habit you will break. You can look left or right and at one's nose or chin. You head stays up as your gaze. Impolite to stare at one's eyes unless your daring to fight. This you avoid unless provoked. Words of warning before fists if you can."

Kate smoothed their hair. "I will try to keep you away from crowds. The street performers are a delight to watch. Matt, you want to go into a shop ask me. Avoid guards and keep close to me. Try not touch anything breakable. I give you reminders tomorrow." Kate wrapped her arms around Matt, "You have a long day. Your cookies were very good. Tomorrow you will get to taste lots of sweets. Off to bed with you. Do not forget to brush your teeth."

Kate strolled to her dressing room and changed into a white nightgown and slipped into the covers.
Kate gave Jasper a tight hug then softly stroked his left cheek, "Eh Eh my touch is gentle. You will learn to trust me. I want you with me in your cat form. It is cold and you get rewarded with a long pet. Your fur is so soft. I hurt you growl. Get comfortable because I want to hear you purr."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:09 pm 

Matt already felt like a little kid, despite being nearly sixteen. Kate taking him by the hand and leading him to sit on the edge of the bed only added to these feelings. They weren’t bad, not all the time anyway, and if he were completely honest Matt enjoyed having what he was beginning to consider as older siblings in Abby and Jasper.

He watched the way Jasper lost some of the tension he always seemed to hold in his shoulders when it was only the three of them in the room. He still kept his eyes down, but would make quick glances up to Kate’s face before dropping away once more to the floor.

Matt waited until Kate was seated and facing him before meeting the mage’s eye, her hand on his shoulder serving as a grounding point, and probably serving to keep him more or less in one place.

“Did he really mean everything he said? About taking me in? Cause that just seems like so much, and he really doesn’t need to do something like that. I know I can be a bit of a handful, and in no way am I a lord’s son…” Matt rambled, his words nearly tumbling over themselves as he rushed to get them out. Feeling Kate’s hand on his chin, Matt’s eyes were wide as he heard what was being asked of him.

“The last time I tried something like that I got told I was asking for trouble.” A small laugh followed as Matt used his usual tricks of making light of a serious situation. “Don’t think I’ll be at risk of losing an eye here though.” Matt grinned.

Jasper was a different case, a frown on his face as Kate gave him the same instruction. One ear flicked but he remained silent. The moment Kate’s hand left his chin Jasper found himself once more seeking out the floor, his gaze tracing over the patterns in the carpet. So much had happened tonight, it would take some time to sort through it all and try not to overthink as he so often did.

When Kate mentioned that she would pinch him for looking down when spoken to it was as though he had been shocked. His eyes quickly found Kate’s, a mixture of curiosity, worry, and even a little confusion in his green eyes.

Matt watched Kate with awe as she described what they could do in town, and what to expect. He returned the brief hug before jumping down from the bed and wishing the pair goodnight before running off for his own room as told.

As the door closed behind him, Jasper kept his head down as Kate went to change, only looking up when he heard her approach. He leaned into the hug, a soft purr following as her hand brushed his cheek.

“I do trust you.” He said, eyes closed. He opened them soon after, stood, and turned into his savannah cat form. The large cat, rubbed his head against Kate’s leg before sitting before her, his tail wrapped carefully over his toes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 pm 

Kate adored both Matt and her feelings for Jasper grew over the months. It was a long time earning their love and trust. Kate knew her father's speech was a wonderful gift. It was too soon for Jasper and poor Matt was too scared to let all sink in. Kate held Matt's shoulder and found this she could get his full attention. She was happy he looked at her and not cast his gaze to his lap.

Kate released a little warmth from fingertips into Matt's shoulder, "Papa said a lot and he has asked you to be his son. The papers just make it official. Sleep on this. You will have many questions that we can discuss tomorrow." She placed her hand on his cheek, "Papa would have not offered to make you his son if he did not mean it. You a ball of energy and you mean well, Matt. You are not a trouble maker and Ann likes your help. You will learn what Vincent and Ann know about how to act as a lord's son. You will not be harmed, ever. I will see that you have a necklace like Jaspers with a few protection spells. It is late."

Kate welcomed his hug before he ran out of her room. She smiled as he left then turned to face Jasper his expressions mixed as his feeling. She felt warm as he said, "I trust you."The mage hugged Jasper for a moment then watched him morph into a savannah cat. "I have waited a while for you to say that. I told you I would earn it. Thank you for saying you trust me."

Kate massaged his back, all wounds healed, his muscles were thick and his ribs were barely felt. "It is time you begin training with Papa. Only he knows the way to sparr with you and not get hurt. Ann's cooking has healed you well."

The teen ruffled Jasper's fur and rubbed his back a bit rough, "Come on show me how you play?"
Kate pulled on his paws not being gentle. "You are a big kitty." She rolled him side to side. "Growl at me. Time you build muscles. Bat at me." She removed his booties and examined all four pads thew them in a waste bucket by her desk, "You are soo much better. Show me a happy Savannah."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 pm 

Very few, if any people, had ever earned Jasper’s trust. When he was young, it had been his family and the other servants and slaves. After that, trust wasn’t something he gave out. It was a world where you had to look out for yourself and not let others too close, whether to keep them or yourself safe. Kate had worked her way in though, showing Jasper that she could be trusted and giving him reason to do so. His verbal confirmation of this only proved that.

His ear flicked again as he kept his head down. As Kate rubbed his back, Jasper arched into the touch, purring as she massaged his muscles. The physical attention was something he readily accepted, having grown fond of it since meeting Kate. Some things still had him pausing, such as when his face was touched or when anyone else touched him, but even that was getting better.

The idea of sparring with Lord Lyons caught Jasper’s attention. He knew the lord had experience with the pits, but fighting in the pits and sparring were two very different things. When you were in the pits just about anything was fair game, it was a fight to the death and their was very little not allowed. Fighting dirty and cheating was often encouraged as it provided the audience with a better show. Sparring with Lyons would be more professional, almost formal in comparison.

Feeling Kate’s touch turn from gentle to more rough and aggressive, Jasper turned to look at her, his head to the side a bit in a silent question. As she pulled at his paws he instinctively pulled away, making sure he kept from scratching her with his claws. The last thing Jasper wanted to do was hurt Kate so when she was suggesting that he growl, and even bat at her, the Savannah backed up. She wanted a happy Savannah, but any sort of play could be dangerous. He was a predator.

His tail swung slowly from side to side as Jasper regarded Kate, waiting for her to say or do something, but she seemed set on this. Still a little unsure, Jasper slunk across the room, his eyes never leaving Kate as he disappeared around the other side of the bed. He remained there, unmoving for a few seconds, crouched low to the ground with only his tail dusting the floor behind him. With only a small growl as warning, Jasper pounced onto the bed and knocked into Kate. His paws hit her shoulders and his weight combined with the jump knocked her to the bed, the cat pinning her down. Carefully, Jasper nuzzled Kate’s cheek before rolling onto his back next to her, his paws up and his head turned so he could still see her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:07 pm 

Kate watched the Savannah as he was unsure and backed away slumping then moving to the opposite side of the bed. The mage teen sat up as he tilted his head. Playing rough was not something she had done. Japer in both forms was healed. His scars were barely visible after the mages healed him weeks ago.

She giggled and wrapped her arms around him when he pounced. He was a big kitty and muscular. If she were standing his full weight would knock her over. The bed was a soft landing for her back. She flung her arms around her love as he rolled over. Kate nuzzled him back and she covered his torso with hers pinning him.

She sat up, rubbed his chest and tummy playfully, "This is fun and is not often you roll over. Your sister tickles you and I want you to play. You have learned to have fun. I want to look at your claws"

Kate picked up a paw and examined each claw, "Look at you. Your claws are almost grown out. You need a Jasper size scratching post. The sparring room will be big enough."

The mage checked all his pads, "How do you feel? Ann's cooking has made you stronger and your coat is so shiny. I can see all your beautiful patterns."

Kate hugged him and rubbed his nose with hers, "Is ok only my nose. I kiss you?" She held him tighter and planted her lips on his furry cheek. She grinned while looked into his cat eyes, "I love you in both forms. I can officially pronounce you healed. This is the best Winterfest ever!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 pm 

Kate’s arms around him restricted how much he could move, but Jasper didn’t fight it. Instincts told him to fight back, to get free, but he knew he wasn’t in danger. Jasper knew he wasn’t a small cat, that he was capable of causing great harm, but Kate was showing him that he was capable of other things too.

As Kate moved to pin him down instead, Jasper froze before relaxing again. He batted softly at her hands before laying back and letting her rub his chest and stomach, purrs rumbling at the contact. Her comment on him not rolling over was true. While Jasper hated turning his back on the enemy, leaving himself exposed, his stomach was a soft spot that was easily targeted and as such shouldn’t be exposed. In a way his position now, on his back, was only another show of him trusting Kate.

He remained still as Kate examined his claws. It felt good to have them back, even if they weren’t needed to defend himself any more. Jasper knew his claws were sharp and he took care not to catch Kate with them.

Jasper felt good, better than he had in a long time. Good food, care, rest, all the things he hadn’t had or been allowed to have. When Kate held him tighter, planting a kiss on his cheek, Jasper squirmed a little until he was laying on his side. It was still strange just spending time like this, not needing to be ready for anything, just being held.

His ears pulled back at the thought. He should be doing something. Jasper gently placed his head against Kate, a small huff following as he tried to relax again. He wasn’t weak or broken any more, he could work, could be useful. Being in his feline form limited a lot of what he could do, but Kate had wanted him like this and who was he to object? Kate had said this was the best Winterfest and he wasn't going to ruin that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 pm 

Kate could play rough with him and rub him without hurting. He was so much healthier and his coat was soft and full of patterns. He father kept them up late and she yawned as he set his head on her thigh. "I love you like this. Soon you will be working and I back in school. I want to make the most of the time we have. Your physically healed and our time in town will not be like when you first arrived. I do hope tomorrow you will have fun."

The mage placed her hand in the back of his neck and flexed her fingers. She pushed her finger deeper kneeding is muscles. "How you needed so much care when you first arrived. That awful collar. You have come a long way in a few months." She hugged him for a long moment then covered him with a quilt. "You have been offered your freedom offically by Papa. How would like to celebrate?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 pm 

Being this close to Kate, Jasper felt safe. He knew she would never allow anything to happen to him, and he was the same way towards her. Jasper had taken a vow to protect Kate, and he would never go back on that. Even if someone were to barge into her room he knew he would be meeting them head on.

But for now it was time to relax and enjoy one another’s company. As Kate spoke of work and school, the time seemed so much more limited. His ears back, Jasper nuzzled Kate’s thigh where his head rested.

Feeling her fingers at his neck, Jasper first tensed, having enough experiences with hands around his neck and collars choking him, but it didn’t last long. The mention of the collar had a shudder running down Jasper’s spine as he remembered the awful metal. A sad mew escaped before he could cut it off, and Jasper turned away as a result.

He let Kate hug him and cover him with the quilt, moving a little to get comfortable. Her question had Jasper thinking. These sorts of things he usually left to Kate to decide. She was always so excited to show him new things, to have fun, and he let her, it was good for him. But when the decision was given to him Jasper felt himself freezing. He didn’t know. He knew the freedom to choose was something he had now, not just with what Lord Lyons had given him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:26 pm 

Kate sensed his mood changed in the mew and his eyes lost their luster. This he did often when deep in thought or dwelling on his past. The ugly demons ...Kate snuggled close to him and toyed with his shoulder and chinned his ears. "What are you thinking? Mind speak if it is easier."

The mage slid her hand down his front right leg to his paw then massaged his paw over her chest. He was a bundle of muscle that would be sculpted in the next few months. He has lost some definition putting on weight. His strength would equal or overpower her father. All that mass was pressed against her. In his state of mind, she had to bring him out of his past.

Teaching him to play would on last short bursts. "I want to hold you. Please take your kitten form."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 pm 

Jasper felt the reaction his own change in mood had on Kate as she moved still closer and continued her physical affection. He heard her speak, asking him to say what was on his mind, but didn’t react, not immediately. Squirming a little, he used mind speak as he tried to explain.

“Just remembering.” He said, his chin resting on his paws. He lifted his head when he felt Kate’s hand running down his leg, his green eyes on her as she moved, and then make her request.

His smallest form was not one he enjoyed using. He felt weakest in it, unable to defend himself and others, though he knew his larger Savannah form was only a shift away. Not wanting to disobey Kate, Jasper shifted, sitting up with his tail over his feet. Slowly he inched closer to Kate, rubbing his head against her arm before meeting her gaze.

“I’m sorry, Kate.” He mind spoke, apologizing for changing the mood so quickly and falling into old routines.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:01 pm 

Kate held him closer. "What are you apologizing for? You have not done anything wrong. Oh, breaking the slave code? I insist you break them all. Starting now. Jasper, you are free always in my room. In time you will shed your past an act as if you are free. Speaking your mind, looking up, and working for money are what free men do."

She ruffled his fur, "In a few months these are things you can begin doing. But for now, you are still on holiday. I am listening, speak your mind."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:08 am 

“Things were going so well, and then they weren’t.” Jasper tried to explain, his ears pressed flat against his head. It wasn’t necessarily breaking a rule he had done, more so that he had fallen into those old habits, freezing up when asked a question directed at him, that he was expected to answer. He had to learn how to be free, how to act like it and accept it as his own.

It was a complete reshaping of everything he had come to see himself as, and that alone would take a long time. He knew Kate wasn’t asking him to change overnight, but there was still the urge to work towards it.

Squirming as she ruffled his fur, Jasper tried his best to sit up in her hold, his best attempt at a frown on his feline face. It didn’t last long as he soon settled down again, the warmth from Kate drawing him in.

“I just...need some time to think. About everything.” He said, feeling a little defeated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33