All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:55 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The radio was still humming in Remus' hand, and once he fully shut it off, the hallway seemed almost painfully silent.
"Yeah, sure," he said, a bit too thoughtlessly. He had actually slept terribly, as he always did after drinking and when he met Sirius' eye, Remus wasn't actually sure how much of that showed on his features. A small smile made its way to his lips to compensate.
Whether or not denying they had ever kissed was the right way to go, Remus was absolutely unable to tell. As he looked at Sirius, shirtless and stunning, he was however certain of one thing; he wouldn't be able to stand the embarrassment of having to face Sirius' rejection sober. "I slept fine, I was exhausted."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:36 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius hummed softly at that, not sure where they were standing. It was clear that they both remembered what had been going in, but it was also clear to Sirius that Remus did not want to talk about it. There could be several reasons for this, but Sirius felt that the easiest explanation was that Remus wasn’t interested in him like that.
“Great, that’s good,” he said with a gentle smile, trying to ease the tension a little, but he didn’t know if he was actually succeeding. “Well, I better get some breakfast.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:06 am 

"Sure, enjoy," Remus was quick to answer, hating just how relieves he had sounded saying it. Interacting with Sirius felt awkward and unnatural after having kissed, and desperate for it ti fall back into the same routine as before, Remus edged past Sirius with a brief smile before diasapearing into his room.

The tension hadn't passed. It had definitely subscided to a point where it wasn't present in Remus' awareness until he crossed paths with Sirius; it was as if being in the others presence made it all flare up again and Remus' cheeks burn bright red. As a result of that, Remus had politely yet consciously avoided Sirius in their common areas, not wanting to linger around him.
It had lasted a week before Remus was so sick and tired of it that he could scream. Hating feeling like a disturbance in his own home, not fully feeling like he had the same claim to the space as his two other roommates, Remus had impulsively invited his lab partner over for drinks.
"Absolutely not," Remus countered as he, for the third time, yanked a kitchen drawer open. On the counter stood an unopened bottle of wine as he continued to search for an opener.
"Why not? I'm a TA," Lily challenged from his room. It had worked out that neither Sirius nor James had been home when she arrived, easing much of Remus' tension. That was, at least until she had brought finances up as a subject.
"Yeah, so's James and look where that's put him a Friday night - putting up model houses only God knows where and what for."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:08 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Work had dragged out way later than it usually would and Sirius was exhausted. It had been very important for them to get the job done tonight though, so Sirius had stayed until it was done.
His hair was still pulled in a messy bun and his hands were black with grease, but all in all he looked pretty happy with himself as he entered the flat. He was planning on taking a long shower and then go directly to bed.
It surprised him to hear two voices from the flat, especially the fact that one of them was female. He didn’t think that either of this flatmates had ever actually had girls over in the time they had lived together, but he couldn’t really stop either of them from doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 am 

"I'm not getting a third job, Lily -" he said over the rustling of the silverware drawer as he, yet again had to face that the missing corkscrew was nowhere in sight. He pushed it shut, instinctively glancing off towards the hallway. "It doesn't pay enough to replace either of the two others and the credit's just not -"
Remus cut himself off mid sentence, having crossed the distance towards the kitchen doorway, turning to greet whomever had arrived.
For once, the sight of Sirius didn't make him tense up; Instead he offered him a smile, feeling reassured by Lily's presence.
"Hi - I have a friend over." Remus voice was pleasantly informal, but his words were purposely chosen; he refused to neither apologize nor excuse himself from the apartment. He had no intentions of shying away.
In his mind that was it, end of interaction, but as he let go of the doorframe to continue his exploratory search if the kitchen, he reconsidered. The hesitation manifested itself to a small twitch as Remus once again met Sirius' eye. "Do you happen to know if there's a corkscrew around?"

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:37 pm 

Even if he definitely hadn’t been meant to notice, Sirius had taken note of the fact that Remus had been avoiding him. Hence it was a great relief to see Remus a lot more at ease around him again, not wanting anything to be awkward in the flat. Sure, it had been stupid of them to make out while drunk, but that didn't have to mean anything.
“Eh, I don’t think so,” he said with a soft frown, running a, slightly oily, hand through his dark hair. He didn’t really use the kitchen much, so he really didn’t know what was in the different drawers and what not.
“I can open a bottle of wine with my pocket knife though,” he offered, figuring that he could help his flatmate out with something like that. “I’ll go wash my hands and help you out.”

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:53 pm 

When Sirius didn't offer a concrete answer to his question, Remus considered fully declining his roommate's help; he, too, could manage corking a bottle of wine. However, Remus had a change of hearts when Lily appeared in the doorway of Remus' bedroom in order to steal a glance at the newly arrived.
"That sounds great," she offered, fully intending to cut Remus off. For a brief moments their eyes met, and Remus had to exhale and accept a civil interaction.
When Lily's eyes once again found Sirius, they did so with evident interest. "Hiya. I'm Lily - are you James or Sirius?"
Lily's phrasing made Remus cough out an unimpressed laugh, fully aware of the fact that he had given substantial enough descriptions of his flatmates for Lily to know who was who. "Lily's my lab partner."

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:11 pm 

Sirius had just turned to the kitchen sink and started the water, when another person appeared in the kitchen. He looked over his shoulder while soaping in his hands to look at the new arrival, finding himself looking at a pale woman with furiously red hair.
“Hiya,” Sirius said with a crooked grin, half-waving with soaped in hands, before washing them off. He didn’t want to be impolite, but he did also want to get his hands clean so that he could help them open the bottle as he had promised.
“Is Remus really that secretive that you can’t tell the difference between the Indian architect student and the Korean mechanic?” He asked with a crooked grin, grabbing a towel to dry off his hands. He didn’t know how much Remus shared about his flat mates, but he figured that he would have shared that much. “In any case, I’m Sirius.”

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:17 pm 

Remus couldn't help but smile at that, though his eyes remained on Lily, awaiting her response. Remus had definitely told her enough to differentiate between his two flat mates; at this point, he wasn't sure if she was playing coy or not. He had not told her about the night he went drinking with James and Sirius, and for once, he felt comfortable enough to just allow it to play out.
After another moment, Lily's smile widened, too. "Why, would you say being Korean is your most prominent characteristic, Sirius?" I've heard plenty of other things. Has he been secretive about me, then?"
At that, Remus snorted out a chuckle, finally shifting his posture. He had found himself leaning at the counter where Sirius had left him, and now properly stood up. "I keep you secret from all my mates, Lils -"
Remus turned towards Sirius, pushing the bottle of wine across the counter and within the other's reach. Despite the unavoidable awkwardness of the conversation, Remus still appeared at ease with the shadow of a sile on his lips. "Open this, will you?"

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 pm 

Sirius couldn’t help but chuckle at the comment from Lily, not exactly sure what Remus could have possibly told Lily about him, but he figures that it’s nothing too bad.
“What, Remus has been talking about my ass again or?” He asked with a crooked grin, having just dried off his hands as he accepts the bottle from Remus. He got a knife from the drawer, nimble fingers working on getting the cork out of the bottle.
“But yeah, Remus has been very tight lipped about you.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 am 

At the mention of Sirius' arse, Lily glanced over at Remus, a smile still bright on her face. Remus wasn't meeting her eye, and instead remained on Sirius as if he hadn't thought twice about Sirius' phrasing. Lily, who knew him better than that, decided not to point it out.
"Maybe I ought to start getting offended by that, Lupin," she challenged, her smile growing wider.
At that, Remus huffed. He shifted his stance, pushing himself away from the counter he had been leaning against. While his body language had stiffened, his voice remained carefully joking. "Give me a break, I've barely told them anything about myself."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am 

With a soft pop, Sirius managed to free the cork from the bottle, a wide boyish grin appearing on his face once he had managed, clearly proud of his achievement.
“It’s true. I do not doubt that anything I know about Remus is only things that I have found out by accident,” he stated with a crooked grin as he handed the bottle back to Remus. His flatmate really was rather secretive, not that Sirius could blame him for that, and it really was rather limited what Sirius knew about him. Then again, the feeling was somewhat mutual, so maybe it was just fair.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 pm 

At that, Remus' expression finally faltered. After weeks of doing a good job of pretending they had never gone drinking, Remus' expression only now confirmed that the kiss hadn't been lost in a drunken haze. For a moment, he seemed more than anything uncomfortable, anxious that Sirius would go on.
"That can't be much," Remus instead countered a bit too sourly, wanting to cut Sirius off from any possible addition. He accepted the wine, and also the possibility that he might have to move flat if Sirius was under the belief that he had accidentally found out Remus liked blokes.
Remus was already turning towards the kitchen door as he continued. "Cheers for this, though." He raised the bottle but didn't meet Sirius' eye as he did.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm 

Sirius knew immediately that he had overstepped and it took him a moment too long to make the connection. It had never been his intention to imply anything about their little indiscretion, but he could see how Remus might think that that was the case.
“Cheers, mate,” he added with a nod, not sure if there was much else for him to say. He could understand if Remus didn’t want him around his friend and honestly, Sirius should probably just get to bed anyway. It would be better that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:46 pm 

Remus had already exited the kitchen, bottle in hand, when he heard Lily's voice.
"Care to join us for a glass?"
Remus felt his stomach turn at that. Hesitantly, he turned to once again reappear in the kitchen doorway. While he didn't look entirely uncomfortable, there was a definite look of wariness.
When Lily turned a quarter of the way around to cast a look at Remus, he made a face at her which was neither here nor there.
"It's my bottle, so you're not allowed an opinion," she grinned, and in the back of his mind, Remus was glad she took it as a tease.
"I wasn't going to object," he answered lightly, thought they all knew it was a lie. "He's just never been in my room, and I feel like I ought to have tidied it."
That was, for all it mattered, another lie. Sirius had built Remus bed a couple of weeks prior, and when Remus finally allowed himself to look at Sirius, his expression had softened considerably, still acknowledging Sirius' gesture. With an expression that was suddenly shy with old gratitude, Remus looked away and cocked his head towards his bedroom door. "You're most welcome, just grab yourself a cup, yeah?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 pm 

The offer to join them for a glass was a tempting one, but Sirius really did not know where he was standing with Remus. It didn’t seem like his flatmate much wanted his company, but Sirius figured that Remus would have made it clear if he didn’t want him around. It also didn’t help that Remus was lying about Sirius ever having been in his room, but he decided not to think too much about that. At least for now.
“Don’t mind if I do,” he stated as he went to grab a glass for himself, figuring that he could always just stay for one glass and then leave them be. He didn’t want to intrude on Remus and his friend after all. “As long as I am not intruding.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:54 pm 

"No, it's fine," Remus countered, so quickly thar it suprised not only Lily but himself. Almost flustered, Remus turned to face the two and by the look on Lily's face, he had actually managed to cut her off.
There had been a lot of hesitation intertwined in Remus considerations, before finally settling on an approach. He couldn't imagine that'd he'd ever unprompted offer Sirius such an olive branch, and that this had been a shortcut through possible months of awkwardness. He, however, also found himself forced to drink in Sirius' company, something which had gone so splendidly the last time around.
Hesitant, but making an effort, Remus finally turned to properly meet Sirius' eye, directing his addition toward him specifically. "You're not intruding; it'd be nice if you'd join us."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:09 pm 

The awkwardness between them underlined their interaction, but Sirius knew that he would have to accept the olive branch if he wanted it to get better. He didn’t want things to be awkward in the flat, but he had no idea of how he would fix it.
Starting with a glass of wine seemed like a good idea.
“I’ll go grab a cup then,” he stated, trying not to overthink the way that Remus was looking at him. It wasn’t quite like him to get this rattled over a boy, but something about Remus was different in a way that he couldn’t explain. He went to get a cup from the cupboard, needing to get out of his own head.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:20 pm 

This had gone far better than expected, though Remus fully accredited it to Lily's presence. Better at stringing up conversations out of thin air, it hadn't taken her long to easily and comfortably talk with Sirius; something, Remus was greatly appreciative of.
Sitting alone on his bed, Remus had gotten an opportunity to follow the conversation at a distance, allowing himself to calm down. Though Remus' glass still contained the better part of his first serving of the wine, he had seen Lily refill both her own and Sirius'. Knowing he wasn't the drunkest person in the room seemed to be a reassuring thought to Remus.
"God," Lily groaned. She took the opportunity to stretch her legs out in front of her. "I don't know how names like that became popular."
For the first time in what felt like a while, she directed her eyes at Remus. "You both with your dog names -"
Remus, who had been sitting crosslegged with his head in his hand, raised his eyebrows in an unspoken challenge.
Lily's conclusion came with a grin. "- that has to be ruff."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:47 pm 

Sirius let out a rather unattractive snort-laugh at Lily’s pun, blaming the wine he had been drinking and the dinner he hadn’t eaten for making him so lightheaded and tipsy. He had found Lily to be easy to talk to, so while he would rather have been chatting with Remus, then he was still enjoying himself and he didn’t want to think too much of it.
“Oh god, that was low. You gotta be able to do better,” Sirius stated while shaking his head. He took another sip from his wine, not sure if it was wise, but he figured that he’d be able to handle it. “You can’t make fun of me and my name. My brother is named Regulus. I have heard it all.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next