All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rp interest!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello, hello!
I’m new here, but I am rearing to get going and write some fun rps!
So, a couple of ideas that I have are:
1. A story based off of the movie/book ‘Push’; basically, just characters who have some sort of telekinetic ability and who are trying to get away from a mastermind ceo or something like that.
2. Some sort of pirate-y story with captives/hostages. You know, that sort of fun stuff.
3. Any sort of LOTR rp. Seriously, I love LOTR.

Aand, that’s about it for now! Feel free to message me or comment below! I look forward to writing with you!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Rp interest!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:42 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Hey there. The first idea can be quite interesting to play. How much do you want to keep to the movie/book 'Push'? Does it merely serve as inspiration or do you wish to let the story play in the same universe?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Heyo! Long time no chat, eh?

For me, the 'Push' movie/book is more of an inspiration, however, I am totally open to have a story play out within the same universe as the movie. If we did write with just drawing inspiration from the film, I think it would be a good idea to do a little bit of plotting? That way we can some direction for the rp/our characters could have an end goal instead of just getting lost in ideas and such. (Not that that's a bad thing, mind you, I just think it would help.)
But yeah, I'm totally open for suggestions and ideas, and I'm excited to start writing with you! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:16 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Indeed, indeed. It has been quite a while.

Lovely! I actually prefer just having things as inspiration instead of limiting ourselves by the boundaries given by other material. How about this:
We'll have a modern setting quite alike the world is today, however, supernatural things and powers do exist. The people in power actually prefer the common folks not knowing about it, for then they can use those powers for their own benefit. This would mean that there are risk assessment corporations out there working for the governments, who determine whether or not the said supernatural thing or person should either be captured or eliminated. They would be captured if the target seems useful and containable, and killed if useless or too strong or dangerous. They'd have certain agreements with the governments about the type of supernatural things and creatures they hand over, and which they are allowed to keep to improve upon their own company and their effectiveness. (Of course, this doesn't mean that those companies always stick to the rules.. they may want to keep useful ones, and they may eliminate bothersome people while claiming that those were 'tainted', as in, with powers.) When captured, the person just disappears, while when killed, it is made to look like an accident or such.
Their powers could be like those in the movie, but do not have to be limited by that selection. (Not sure if you purely wish to focus on powers, or if you'd like some non-human humanoid creatures as well )

Anyway, it could be that one of our characters is actually from one of those companies, while the other is a new target. (Or a friend or such that becomes a target)
It could also be that the both of them are targets: one already knowing and hiding their own powers, while the other newly discovers it (and perhaps ****ing up, having to try to outrun the hunters).

But these are just some general ideas. I'm totally fine with taking anything or nothing from what I've written above. It just popped up in my mind :) Tell me what you think of it.