All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The cold air hit Remus like a wall the moment they excited the bar, making his already flushed cheeks burn. Exiting the noisy bar into the quiet evening gave Remus the sensation of having broken the sound barrier. For a moment, his ears rang so much that Remus couldn't have made sense out of Sirius' words had he not accompanied the question with a gesture of his hand.
"No, thank you," he managed to say, cocking his head slightly as half a shrug. An easy smile made its way to Remus' lips, finally feeling like the world had stopped spinning, making it possible for him to breathe properly. "I 'unt smoke."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:14 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

A soft frown appeared on Sirius’ brow at that, finding it rather unusual for someone like Remus to not be smoking, but he decided not to question it. Instead, he simply stuffed one of the cigarettes back into the pack and the pack back into his pocket. It was only when he placed the cigarette between his lips that he realised that he had forgotten his lighter inside.
“Shite,” he said with an unhappy expression, feeling like a fool. “Forgot my lighter inside.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:27 pm 

Remus eyes hand wandered around them; Sirius must have taken them out through a side door. Further down to his left, Remus could see the more populated street from with they entered, and Remus was suddenly relieved he wasn't among that crowd.
At Sirius' comment, Remus' eyes made their way back onto Sirius. "Oh, don't worry -"
He yet again glanced away, pulling a well worn lighter out from his pant pocket. Pulling it out, the colored paint had chipped off a large section of the lighter; as Remus held it up, it became evident that the paint had chipped off where Remus' thumb had scratched it off.
"Here -" without thinking twice about it, Remus stepped closer to Sirius, eyes on the other's lips as he himself lighted Sirius' cigarette.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:42 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Unable to keep the surprise off of his face, Sirius simply leaned into the flame that Remus was offering, trying not to overthink the intimacy of the situation. He found himself utterly unable to stop looking at Remus’ hand holding the lighter, easily noticing how worn it was and how it clearly wasn’t just something he kept around to help people light their cigarettes. He wasn’t going to ask about it though and instead just leaned away once the cigarette was lit, blowing out a large huff of smoke.
“Thank you,” he said with a crooked grin, looking up at Remus’ face once more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:44 pm 

Remus just hummed at that, not finding it anything worth thanking him for. As Sirius leaned back, the flame disappeared and only a couple of moments later so did the lighter; it didn't even occur to Remus to take a step back.
Remus' eyes had been lingering on Sirius' lips as he exhaled, having to blink as the smoke brushed against his cheeks. Without thinking twice about it, he inhaled. "I quit tobacco when I started working at the nursing home."
Remus' words were unprompted, but he had practically seen the surprise in Sirius' posture, and Remus felt like he could at least offer that explanation. His eyes found Sirius' again, his lips parting in a crooked, toothy grin. "It stinks so wonderfully, doesn't it?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:57 pm 

Sirius was glad that Remus decided to elaborate on why he had a lighter on him, even if Sirius didn’t ask. It wasn’t like Remus had to explain himself to Sirius, but it did make Sirius feel like Remus was trying to reach out and make friends.
“It sure does,” he said with a crooked grin, taking another drag from his cigarette. They were standing pretty close, but rather than stepping away from his flatmate, he just blew the smoke away from his face. “I’m not sure I would have it in me to ever quit. I like smoking far too much.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:36 pm 

Remus' eyes once again lowered to Sirius' lips as the other raised the cigarette to his mouth.
"Yeah, me too. It's why I'm not much of a drinker," he said, and the way his eyes thoughtlessly glanced to the side to watch the smoke drift only seemed to confirm his statement. "I quit nicotine but didn't quit smoking."
Once the smoke became indistinguishable from the night air, Remus' eyes returned to Sirius'. Upon once again properly looking at the other, Remus wasn't sure how much sense his comment had made that out of context. Alcohol and liquor had never been Remus' preferred method of intoxication.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:30 am 

Sirius nodded pensively at that, figuring that that made some semblance of sense. It was always harder to reject a cigarette if you had had a lot to drink, it just felt right for a cigarette to go with a beer.
It took him a moment too long to realise what Remus possibly could be smoking instead, but once it finally dawned on him he couldn’t help but arch an eyebrow. It wasn’t that it didn’t make sense to him, it was just surprising to him that Remus would chose to disclose that information.
“Made the switch, huh?” Was all he could think to say.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 am 

A grin appeared on Remus' lips the moment he got to see Sirius' expression change. In reality, it surprised him to see how surprised Sirius seemed by it.
"Yeah, I guess it solidified it," he just answered. Remus had been smoking both tobacco and weed since his late teens, and it was only as he had gotten older than one had started outweighing the other.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:38 pm 

Sirius nodded softly at that, sorta seeing the point in that, but he still liked his cigarettes far too much. He would never even consider switching, but then again, no one really expected differently from the job he was having.
“You ever miss it?” He asked with a crooked grin, taking another drag from the cigarette as he waited for Remus’ answer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:41 pm 

"Smoking?" Remus asked, barely hearing the question. His eyes had yet again wandered down to Sirius' mouth, and having to draw them back upwards felt almost impossible. "Sometimes, yeah."
There was still an easiness about Remus' smile. The worse nausea provoked by the beers had passed, and the cold air and the cigarette smoke felt almost nostalgic to him. Eventually, Remus' lips parted in another grin. "I'm staying this close to you for a reason."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 pm 

Sirius grinned at that, fully understanding how that might be. He would probably be the same if he ever had to quit smoking for any reason.
“You can still bum one, I won’t judge you,” he said with a crooked grin, taking in another drag; this time delibaretly blowing the smoke in the direction of Remus.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:31 pm 

Once again, Remus blinked at the feeling of the smoke directly against his skin; even though that had happened before, this time it suddenly felt intimate. Remus couldn't keep a grin off of his lips.
Remus' eyes had lingered on Sirius, taking a moment to consider the offer. Eventually, Remus glanced down. Without much hesitation, Remus gently reached out for Sirius' hand, fingers brushing against the back of Sirius' hand before finally picking the cigarette stub out of Sirius' grip.
Remus' eyes once again darted up to Sirius' as he moved the last third of the smoke towards his lips. Before taking a drag, Remus offered a laughy, "I don't want a whole one."
When Remus finally brought the cigarette to his lips, he took half a step back, turning his side towards Sirius as he took a drag and exhaled the smoke into the street.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm 

The ridiculousness of how close Sirius and Remus were standing was underlined by how little effort it took for Remus to grab his cigarette. There was something too intimate about the action, but Sirius found that he didn’t really mind. He liked Remus a whole lot and it seemed like the feeling was at least somewhat reciprocated.
“Too much for ya?” Sirius asked with a crooked grin, mesmerised by how the smoke left Remus’ mouth and unable to keep his eyes away from his lips. He wanted Remus to move in close once more, but he knew that it would be weird for him to move or to request for Remus to come back, so he simply stayed put. He could still watch Remus closely though and that was what he decided to do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:13 pm 

Remus' once again turned his head in order to eye Sirius; there was a hint of a content smile as he raised the last half an inch of the cigarette towards his lips. Sirius comment, however, made Remus halt the movement. Instead, a grin reappeared onto his lips.
"I would have smelled of smoke even if I didn't," he argued, and a small twitch at his eyebrows shoved that he thought it to be a point that's hard to argue again.
This time, Remus' eyes remained on Sirius' as he took the last drag of the cigarette, only glancing down as he threw the stub on the ground. Over the course of his slow exhale, Remus' eyes remained on the ground as he took half a step forward in order to smother the embers under his boot. His eyes once again darted up to meet Sirius', a grin once again at his lips. "Should probably have stayed inside if I didn't wanted a smoke, really."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 pm 

Sirius grinned at that, aware of just how true that was. It didn’t seem like Remus minded a whole lot though and Sirius did appreciate the company. He also liked how much freer and looser Remus seemed after he has been drinking, and Sirius hopes that he gets to see more of this side of him.
“That is probably true,” he said with a crooked grin, eyes staying on Remus as he moved slightly closer once more. He really was something different and Sirius wanted to know much more about him. “But here you are.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm 

Sirius' comment managed to make the corner of Remus' mouth twitch in a glimpse of a smile, before Remus fully seemed to realize it had happened. In an attempt to swallow the smile, Remus briefly bit his bottom lip.
"Yeah," he eventually agreed. Whatever smile he had managed to suppress manifested itself into a chuckle. Remus' eyes remained on Sirius, doing his best to read the other's expression. Once he continued, his voice had softened. "Do you mind?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 pm 

“Quite the contrary,” Sirius said with a crooked grin, not sure what to think about the entire thing. He just knew that he liked having Remus around, even if he didn’t quite understand him.
“In fact, I have been meaning to ask you something that I’d rather ask you in private,” he continued, not sure if it was a good idea, but he had been wondering for a while and now seemed the ideal time to get answers. “Do you fancy blokes?”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:47 am 

Remus changed his posture slightly at that, the way one tends to tense up whenever people point out things about you, you didn't realise were obvious to others. Moments after, a grin appeared onto his lips as well, his eyes not leaving Sirius'.
The shift wasn't an indicative of Remus being uncomfortable; the question had instead made his heart skip a beat. Without much hesitation, he exhaled out a casual. "Yeah, I guess."
The answer wasn't shaped based on Remus having any doubt regarding whether or not he was attracted to men, but rather how recently that had been confirmed. His expression and tone still reflected an easiness about the topic, as he continued with a clarifying, "I fancy you, at least."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:38 pm 

The bluntness of Remus’ words surprised him greatly. He hadn’t expected for Remus to confess his feelings for Sirius, mostly because he hadn’t expected Remus to have any special feelings towards him. It took him a moment too long to properly react to the statement and once he did he couldn’t help but break into a wide grin.
“Oh yeah?” He asked, crooked grin lingering on his lips. “That’s brilliant, because I was wondering if I should ask you out, but if that’s the way you feel, maybe we should just get right down to snogging.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next