All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:05 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The absurdity of the conversation made Remus grin, the laugh cracking over into an inhale the moment Sirius took his hand. Completely willingly, Remus returned the gentle pressure, trying his very best to ignore how electric the touch felt. While it wasn't uncommon for them to be touchy in a similar way, reality always seemed slightly disstodred the morning after the moon.
"We're not gonna do anything," Remus exhaled, smiling as he moved their intertwined hands closer to Sirius. With his hand still in Sirius', Remus brushed his knuckles against Sirius' waist. "You're officially been exempted from the role of babysitter, and I'm gonna cook breakfast for dinner."
A brief moment after saying that Remus remained close to Sirius, before letting go out their hands. Urging Sirius to stay at the kitchen table, Remus took a step backwards into the kitchenette. At that, his smile once again widened. "Pads, I'm begging you to let me return the favour."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:49 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius wanted nothing more than to just keep taking care of Remus, but he also knew that Remus hated it when he got too overbearing so he stayed where Remus had placed him. He wanted to help him after all and didn’t want to make Remus uncomfortable in any way, shape or form.
“Fine,” he said in a resigned manner, wanting Remus to feel like he had won the battle.
Sirius was planning on using it against him later though and getting to change his bandage without any complaints. That was what he was planning on getting out of allowing Remus to step in.
“You win.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:03 pm 

By then, Remus had already turned towards the kitchenette, huffing out half a laugh at Sirius' answer. He had to fight the urge to answer that Remus was definitely the winning party, but not because he had been allowed to cook up some eggs - but because he had been allowed to cook Sirius breakfast.
"That's very generous of you," he instead settled on, glancing over at the other as he reached into the fridge for the groceries he had bought before the pain had gotten too bad - a dozen eggs, a bag of mixed, frozen vegetables and a packet of smoked ham.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:09 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Rationally, Sirius knew that he always cared the same amount for Remus, but he always felt a lot warmer when Remus was better. It broke his heart to see him suffer during the moon, so seeing him recover after and how much more he lit up always felt like a true blessing to Sirius. He wanted to be around him always, but he knew that he couldn’t do that.
“That’s what I do. I just give and give all the time,” he said with a warm grin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm 

"Isn't that tiring?" Remus asked glancing over at Sirius, wanting to play along with the joke - Sirius did, in fact give far much more kindness than he allowed himself to receive; but, getting that phrased in a way that wasn't a tease felt almost impossible.
Remus turned his attention to the cooking at hand, stepping slightly off to one wall in search for two pans, both of which were hanging on a rack on the wall. Initially, Remus gripped them with his dominant right hand, but immediately shuddered upon attempting to raise it far enough it lift it off its hook. Not wanting to address the flash of pain, Remus quickly gripped them with his left hand, placing them on the stove top one at a time.
"Having to be so nice to people all the time?" Remus continued, cutting open the bag of vegetables and depositing its content on the larger pan. "Especially when, among others, said people is James?"
He turned slightly to once again looking at Sirius, and while the grin remained on his features, there was an unmistakable plead for the other not to comment on his pain.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:32 pm 

It took everything in Sirius not to reach out and help Remus once he noticed the flash of pain, but he also knew that he had just agreed to let Remus cook them breakfast and he had to actually keep his promise. It wasn’t easy to see someone he cared about so much be in that much pain and no matter how many moons Sirius helped Remus through, then he was never going to get used to it.
“Oh yeah. It’s a constant struggle and it’s honestly a miracle that I can keep up with my own generous nature,” he said with a warm smile, but it didn’t quite reached his eyes. He was too worried about Remus to simply enjoy their banter and easy conversation; it seemed so wrong to laugh about while Remus was in pain, even if he knew that that was what Remus needed for him. “And people like James sure aren’t making this easy on me, but I have to keep going.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:23 pm 

Remus saw Sirius' heart drop; he knew, that Sirius had seen the pain in Remus' own expression, and while Remus loved Sirius for not commenting on it, it still broke his heart to see how Sirius' smile was just that little bit duller than it had been before.
Adverting is eye, Remus once again turned towards the stove, half heartedly shuffling the still frozen vegetables on the still cold pan.
"You truly are a saint," he just commented, but the joke had left the conversation, and, looking into the slowly heating vegetables, Remus finally exhaled and turned.
"I'm gunna get my wand," he declared, a small smile still on his lips. He knew his wand was were they left it last night; safely tucked away between books on a basement shelf. Remus had moved closer to Sirius in the process, mustering a better, more present smile as he passed Sirius by the table. "This is taking too long, and I'm starving."
With that, Remus disappeared into the hallway and down the basement stairs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:07 pm 

It was incredibly hard not to just get up and offer to do everything for Remus, but Sirius knew exactly how much Remus would hate that, so he talked himself out of it. He wanted Remus to feel better and rationally he knew that allowing Remus to do things on his own was a better way of doing that. He knew that it wouldn’t matter how many moons he went through with Remus, he would never get used to seeing his best friend in such an awful state.
“Hungry like the wolf?” He asked with a crooked grin, trying to bring humour into the conversation again. It was all just a lot easier when they could joke around with it. It still hurt, but it hurt a lot less when they did that, so that was what Sirius was trying to do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:20 pm 

Remus huffed out half a laugh at that as he returned to the kitchen; however, while Sirius' attempt on changing the mood of the conversation was poor, Remus' laugh had been genuine. Immediately after getting the pans in sight, Remus cast a cooking and moving charm on the pans, moments after witnessing how the pans started shuffling and the vegetables sizzling.
"The combined hunger of a wolf and a scrawny teenager," he countered with a grin, as he this time allowed himself to linger at the table. He stopped opposite to Sirius, resting his hands on the back of a chair. The smile had left his lips, but it still showed in his eyes. "Or maybe a dog and a fit 20 year old."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:18 pm 

Sirius smiled warmly at that, his smile a lot more genuine this time around. He didn’t want to pity Remus, but it was very difficult not to be worried about him. He knew that he loved Remus and he just wanted what was best for him, no matter what that might be. It was just extremely hard to see someone you loved struggle, so it was nice that they could still joke around.
“I can vouch for that last one,” he said with a wide grin, glad to see that Remus seemed a lot more awake by now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:28 pm 

Interactions with Sirius were the easiest in situations like these. Easy, because Remus knew Sirius knew everything there was to know about him, but also because it allowed them to make a joke out of it.
"Figure it's more or less comparable," he answered with a smile, pushing himself away from the kitchen table before yet again turning to attend to the cooking.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 am 

“I’d say so yeah,” Sirius said with a warm smile, liking to see Remus brighten up a little. He just hoped that a good meal and a shower would help get Remus even more back to himself. The moons were always rough on him, but it seemed like he was having a harder and harder time recovering lately. It was greatly worrying, but Sirius knew that there would be no point in saying anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:06 pm 

The war always made winter feel weird and gloomy, and Remus didn't know what to do of himself now that he had been living on his own. He had spent the afternoon watching his neighbors put up Christmas decorations in their garden; Remus could see the lights through the bare bushes separating the gardens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:26 pm 

Sirius knew that it was stupid.
The war had sent such a blanket of misery over all of them and it was very easy to allow yourself to just wallow in that. However, when he saw someone selling christmas trees, the muggles really had no idea what was going on, he had decided to do something about it.
Walking with determination, Sirius stepped up to Remus’ front door and knocked like crazy, knowing that he didn’t want to do this alone. It was going to feel very stupid and silly, but he hoped that his idea could at least bring a smile to Remus’ face. It had been so long since he really smiled.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:55 am 

The sudden knocking at his door made Remus flinch, instinctively making him stand from the chair he was sitting in. His eyes had turned towards the hallway, and it might have been a figment of his imagination, but he thought he heard the chatter in his neighbours' garden came to a halt.
It took Remus a couple of moments to fully come to terms with the fact that had it been a Deatheater at his door, they likely wouldn't have knocked. Finally managing to move, Remus crossed the ground floor in a couple of hasty steps, opening the door a crack.
Upon seeing it was Sirius, Remus let out an almost annoyed huff, properly opening the door. "What are you doing? You nearly gave me a heart attack."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:13 pm 

Sirius knew that he had to be looking like a madman, but he was a man on a mission and he needed to convince Remus that this was something they had to do. It was ridiculous and it didn’t make any sense, but Sirius felt that this would help.
“There’s a place that sells christmas trees just down the road,” he said, not offering much answer to Remus’ question, nor providing much context.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:11 pm 

There was another couple of seconds were Remus just stared at Sirius with surprise; over the course of those couple of seconds, Remus got as far as to consider the possibility of Sirius being hurt or otherwise under a spell. Eventually, Remus decided to give Sirius the benefit of the doubt.
"What about it? You know neither of us are Chri- Merlin, Sirius get inside, it's freezing." A breath of cold air made Remus abandon whatever trail of thought he was pursuing, but the addition was said with a shaky laugh as he found it impossible not to be humoured by it all.
He opened the door another bit, once again urging Sirius inside. "What's the urgency?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:44 am 

“No, go put on some clothes,” Sirius stated, entering the flat even if he had just said no. He didn’t even know why he felt that this was so important, but somehow he just felt that if they could do this, then things would be more normal for a bit.
“We should go get a tree for James and Lily. And baby Harry, of course,” he explained, though he doubted that it would be much of an explanation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:14 pm 

Remus had only barely taken a step backwards to acomodate the other and for a moment, standing in the small front hall, Remus just allowed himself to look at Sirius. There was still a lingering worry in the pit of Remus' stomach, and for a moment he was overcome with a sense of helplessness. While Sirius' actions and impulses were exhagerated, Remus finally realised just how little control they had over their lives.
"Alright," he exhaled with slight disbelief, and before he knew what had overcome him, Remus reached out to gently cup Sirius face with his right hand. Sirius' skin was icy under Remus' hand, making this eyebrows twitch together in half a frown.
He lowered his hand."Do you want me to get you some more clothes, too? You're freezing."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:58 pm 

“I’m fine,” Sirius said with a shake of his head, trying not to think too much of the soft touch of Remus’ hand on his cheek. They were usually very touchy feely, so it wasn’t really anything unusual, yet Sirius couldn’t quite repress the shudder that went through him. He blamed it on him being a little cold and on Remus being very warm, even if he knew that that wasn’t the whole story. There was no point in thinking about anything else though, because the war was still raging and they didn’t know how much time they had left.
“Don’t you worry about me,” he added with a warm smile.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next