All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus' eyes remained on Sirius, unable to keep a toothy smile off of his lips. No matter how little Remus wanted it to be true, he did find Sirius to be dangerously charming; this was, however, not something he ever intended on telling the other.
"Um," he said, considering his words carefully. A small twitch in the corner of his mouth momentarily widened his smile. "My best guess is that I have intimacy issues and use sarcasm to push people away."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:59 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The sudden honest took Sirius by surprise to such extent that he couldn’t help but laugh. Had their conversation been more honest and less joking, it would have probably been very rude of him to laugh, but given how they had been talking to one another, Sirius figured that it would be okay.
“Well, now I know and you are not going to be able to push me away any time soon,” he said with a crooked grin. He enjoyed Remus’ company and he really would go quite far to keep him around. “You can try, but I’ll stick around.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:52 am 

Remus just shook his head at that, knowing any answer he might be able to phrase in that moment would undoutbly come out to Sirius' favour. Remus liked the apartment, and found that he was willing to compromise on much more now that he didn't have to share a room, and moving out and away from Sirius in the near future seemed unlikely.
With a soft huff, Remus could finally put down the two headboards on the doorsteps of their apartment building, rubbing his redning palms against his pants.
"If that's your attitude, then no wonder James couldn't get you to evict the premises," Remus commented, not looking at Sirius as he climbed the couple of steps to their front door. Pulling forth his keys, Remus unlocked the door, and didn't turn to look at Sirius before he turned in order to push the door open with his shoulder. "Don't know if I can do what James failed to do."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:39 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius laughed at that, knowing that he could be quite persistent, but James also didn’t have all that much follow-through, especially not when it came to being rude to someone else. James was definitely one of the nicest people Sirius had ever met, if not the nicest person. He would help anyone as long as it didn’t involve hurting others and that was something Sirius greatly admired.
“Let’s be real here, James doesn’t have it in him to evict anyone, especially not a handsome stranger who was offering to fix his car and help him move,” he said with a large grin and a soft shrug, still holding on tightly to the pieces. He couldn’t wait to get to finally put them down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 am 

Remus hummed, not wanting to further humour Sirius say something that would only add to his ego.
Instead, Remus occupied himself by oppening the secondary panel of the front door, wanting to make it easier for themselves to carry the large pieces in through it. As he was fiddling with the lock that kept the door opened, Remus glanced first at Sirius and then at the panels in his hands.
"You can just leave them here, and I'll bring them up one at a time," he said, his voice considerably softer than before, a unsaid gratitude hidden in the softness.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:10 pm 

Sirius dropped the pieces carefully, feeling his arms having already gone sore. Sure, he was used to carrying rather heavy equipment around, but usually that wasn’t for a very long time at a time, so this was a different kind of strain.
“You sure? I can just as well help you the rest of the way,” he stated, wanting to be as helpful to his flat mate as possible. He wanted to be Remus’ friend just as he was James’.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:57 am 

Uncharacteristically, Remus actually seemd to consider Sirius' offer. Having pushed open the door, Remus's eyea lingered on the bedframe, having to remind himself that he still had to go back after the slats.
"If you can carry a piece up on your way it would be plenty help," he settled on, finding that to be an appropriate amount, seeing as Sirius had already gone out of his way to help him. Finally, Remus looked back at Sirius. "You can just put it where ever in my room, and I'll figure something out with the rest."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:47 pm 

Sirius nodded at that, impressed that he actually got Remus to ask him for help. He knew that Remus was having a tough time asking for other people to help him out, so he figured that this was a step in the right direction.
“Sure thing,” he said with a bright smile as he picked up a piece, not wanting to seem like he was overstepping.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:38 am 

Remus found himself returning Sirius' smile, however involuntary it might be; while Sirius seemed oddly pleased by himself, Remus himself felt slightly like he had been tricked. Remus tried his best to swallow the smile, wanting nothing more than to roll his eyes at the other.
"Alright," he just said, not having a particular ending to that remark. Part of him wanted to tell Sirius not to get too excited, but frankly, Remus did need his help on this.
Instead of lingering, Remus descended the couple of stairs leading back down to the curb, nodding for Sirius to go along. Finally, the smile managed to part Remus' lips. "You know where my room is, I suppose."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:44 pm 

“I sure do,” Sirius said with a crooked grin, not straining too much now that he was carrying only one piece. It was nice that had gotten to help Remus out and he made a mental note to force Remus to accept his help more often, simply because he wanted them to be friends with his flat mate.
“Just holler if you need more help.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:46 pm 

Remus shook his head, wanting to decline any further offer Sirius might make.
"You've helped plenty," he just chuckled out. While the comment was formed almost as an insult, there was gratitude hidden among the words. Remus really did owe Sirius for this, and he reminded himself that a bowl of chili might not be enough to repay that.
"I'll follow you, I want to bring these four up before I go back," Remus continued, almost as if he wanted to dismiss some of honesty of his past remark. It was all casual, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 am 

“I’ll open doors,” Sirius offered, figuring that he could do that while carrying his one piece. The last part of their trip wasn’t that difficult, at least not to Sirius, as he walked a little ahead of Remus and made sure that nothing was obstructing his way.
Once they reached Remus’ room, Sirius turned to look at his flat mate again, wanting to make sur that he didn’t do anything wrong. “Where do you want this?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:03 am 

Remus himself had taken one of the longer sidepieces, and by the time Sirius called, Remus was still attempting to swing the board around on the last landing before their flat.
"Um, just where ever in my room -" he answered, not fully giving Sirius more attention than the bare minimum, finding himself preoccupied by not knocking over their down stair neighbors row of potted plants. Finally managing the corner, Remus attempted to look up at Sirius through the staircase. "Just put it against a wall and I'll figure it out."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 pm 

Sirius hummed at that as he entered Remus’ room, feeling like he was intruding by entering the room, even if he knew that he was allowed. He gingerly placed the piece against the wall, not wanting to accidentally leave any marks.
It was only when he put the piece down he realised that there were no screws whatsoever in the piece. He hadn’t checked the others, but he felt like it was safe to assume that there were no screws in the others either. That could end up being a problem for Remus.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm 

It was well beyond ten o clock at night when Remus finally got back from the library. He had started out the morning bright and early at the student lab, and despite having had a hectic day (or maybe, precisely because of that) Remus was still wearing his lab overcoat on top of his knit.
Remus had intended on sneaking in and locking the door behind him, bracing himself for another several hours of typing out his handwritten notes on the typewriter, but found himself halted to a stop barely getting past his doorstep.
The sight of his room caught him off guard; it took him a couple of moments to place the change but once he did, he felt his eyes go glossy. The wooden boards, which had been leaning up against his cabinet doors for the past week, were suddenly gone - his mattress, however, was no longer on the floor. Remus and Sirius had carried the frame indoors, and Remus had been well aware of the fact that the bed was missing its hardware, despite not immediately having found the time to go out and buy some, and the knowledge that someone else had taken that upon them was absolutely overwhelming.
After having taken a couple of moments to gather himself, Remus turned out of his room, directing himself towards Sirius' bedroom.
Yet again finding the door ajar, Remus knocked.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:30 pm 

Sirius hadn’t had the most productive of days, but he had managed to figure out what pieces were missing to put Remus’ bed frame together, getting them and making Remus’ bed ready for the night. It had been a very brief operation and he had had most of the pieces at home already.
He was now lying on his bed, attempting to read a book but honestly not all that interested in it. He was mostly just trying to pass the time until it would be appropriate for him to go to bed.
Hence the knock on his door surprised him. Sure, he had heard the door open but he knew that both of his flat mates were currently deep in exams and didn’t expect to hear from either of them until it blew over. This was also the cause to his boredom.
“Yeah?” He called, being able to see the outline of Remus through his quite open door.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:12 pm 

Remus pushed the door open, lingering in the doorway with a hand on the frame. Now standing in front of Sirius, Remus struggled to put into words what had brought him here; Remus was well aware of the fact that Sirius had gone out of his way to help him out, and while Remus knew that deserved to be recognized, he found himself overwhelmed by the kindness.
"Did -" he started, but a small twitch between his brows showed that he wouldn't see that thought to an end. Instead, he straightened his posture slightly, loosening his grip around the door frame. "Were you in my room?"
While Remus' words rang harsh, nothing about his expression supported that, the frown and his features completely softened. Finally allowing himself to properly meet Sirius' eye, Remus felt weirdly vulnerable. He was running on too little sleep, Sirius' gesture felt so overwhelmingly and undeservingly nice that he might cry; desperately not wanting to do so, Remus felt safer underplaying just how big of an impact the built bed had had on him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:07 pm 

For a moment, Sirius feared that he might have overstepped. Sure, he had just been trying to do a favour for his flat mate, but maybe Remus didn’t want any favours from his hands. He felt that he had a good explanation though, so he didn’t worry too much.
“Yeah, I am sorry about that,” he said with an apologetic smile, hoping that Remus wasn’t too mad at him about it. It was pretty rude to just go into a flatmate’s room without permission after all, so he hoped that he hadn’t offended him too much.
“It was just that I realised that I had the parts to finish your bed frame and I figured that you could use a proper bed to sleep in. I hope I didn’t overstep.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:26 am 

"Oh, no -" Remus attempted as soon as he realized how his words were bound to be interpreted, but he failed to insist enough to actually stop Sirius' explanation, leaving him looking flustered with his lips slightly parted.
It was only when Sirius concluded his statement that Remus managed to close his mouth, and though the words were on the tip of his tongue - and had been, for the bigger part of the exchange - he still had to lick his lips to gather his thoughts into an answer glancing away as he did. "I just - thank you."
The answer came softly, and moment after Remus' eyes met Sirius' with an equally soft expression. While there was no hint of a smile on Remus' face, there was an unmistakable look of almost timid gratitude. "It means a lot."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:11 pm 

The soft, almost timid, nature of Remus’ thank you made a huge wave of relief flow over Sirius. It was weird to see Remus that out of himself, almost as if he wasn’t used to people just doing him favours because they wanted to make him happy. It had been so little to him, but it clearly meant a lot to Remus and that was honestly all that Sirius cared about.
“You’re very welcome. Really, it’s no big deal.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next