All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Why Draco had agreed to work on Project Runway was a mystery, mostly to himself. Pansy had convinced him that it was going to be fun, seeing as she had agreed to step in for Michael Kors this season, but Draco should know better than to trust Pansy on such things. It was also the first season of both male and female models, which Pansy also had used for argumentation that it was going to be great, but Draco still wasn't convinced.
They had all been assigned their designers for the first challenge and Draco still wasn't sure what to think. He had seen a little of his designer's work, but he didn't really have any idea of who he was as a designer or person. He would just have to go with it and hope for the best, hopefully without strangling Pansy for talking him into this. He was a fairly established model already, but the exposure on a show like Project Runway wouldn't harm his career. It was worth a shot.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 pm 

Harry had literally been at his station for a total of an hour and it was already looking a mess. The mess mainly consisted of two large piles of fabric. One in tone ranging from light yellow to a mustard, while the other consisted solely of pastil pink and whites. There were several crumbled up pieces of paper mixed into the mess, and yet Harry looked at the fabric without having a specific plan in mind. His glasses were pushed up and into his curls, trying to think about the two looks while looking at the blurry piles ahead of him.
He had been inattentively fidgeting with a picture of his male model. Both pictures had gone with him fabric shopping, and the pink was specifically bought with him in mind, yet Harry couldn't decide in what direction to go in.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco met up with the female model also assigned for his designer, Alycia, and enters the workroom together with the other models. They are a pretty mixed group, which was very nice, it was getting boring to get casted for brownie points in diversity.
They were pointed in the direction of their designer and Draco didn't really know what to think. The guy, Harry, he had been told, looked like someone who played college football and considered that the highlight of his life. He was really sticking out in the fashion environment, but Draco would just have to make the best of it. He exchanged a glance with Alycia, who looked skeptical as well, and Draco already knew that he was going to like her.
Once they reached the designer, they offered their hand to him on turn, introducing themselves. "Hi, I'm Draco," he said as he shook the designer's hand.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:24 pm 

The sudden activity the models brought to the room caught Harry off guarde, and for a moment he couldn't believe where his time had gone. He instinctively pushed down his glasses in order to glanc towards the clock, before finally turned to greet his two models.
"Pleasure - Harry," he answered with a smile, sounding almost out of breath as he shook Alycia's hand. The day had already been far more overwhelming that he had expected, and meeting the pair who were going to model his clothes only made it that more real.
Upon turning to eye the male mode, Harry's face lit up in an encouraged grin. Draco was wearing a similar shade of pink to what Harry had intended to put him in, and in that moment Harry felt very confident in his choice of fabric.
"I'm really glad you look that stunning in pink," Harry complimented the model with a genuine smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 pm 

Draco didn't even get to introduce himself, before Harry had introduced him to the colour he would be wearing. His eyes found the pink fabric on the work table and it was indeed a colour that he had worn numerous times before, and successfully so.
"That's what I do," he said as he offered his hand to Harry for him to shake, and for them to get properly introduced.
Draco knew very little of the challenge, but he figured that Harry was going to explain what he was going for and maybe try it on them. Alycia had explained a little of the process to him, seeing as she had been on project runway before. It was nice not walking into the fitting completely blind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:14 pm 

It quickly became apparent to Harry that the two models expected a further presentation than the two piles if fabric ahead of them; momentarily flustered, Harry turned to properly face his fabrics.
"I don't have any finished sketches," he said, inattentively placing a hand on the yellow toned fabrics. He had to fight the instincts to apologize for it, having to remind himself that it only had been an hour. "But I prefer doing men's, so I think it's most likely gonna lean closer to something androgynous for you, Al."
Harry lifted his eyes to his female model, then stopping in his tracks, looking at his fabrics once again.
"I could make you a couple of suits," he said with both clarity and surprise in his voice. He turnes through the yellow pile for a canary yellow cut and then looked at the pink pile. "Like a couple of good, linnen suits. Wes Anderson at the Kentucky Derby."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 pm 

Seeing Harry light up with a sudden bout of inspiration really did wonders to his general appearance. Sure, Draco had found Harry relatively attractive before, but now he could suddenly see a whole other side to him. It was strange but Draco felt a lot safer with Harry designing for him now, as long as he could pull off those suits after all.
"I hope you're a good tailor," Draco couldn't help but note, knowing that the judges always were extra judgemental at things that were simple. If simple linen suits really was what Harry was hoping to pull off, he would have to nail the tailoring.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:09 pm 

Harry couldn't help but grin at that, turning his head to eye his male model; though Harry had little to no way of knowing if the comment was meant as being spiteful, he couldn't help but find it immensely witty.
"I hope so, too," he laughed earnestly. Harry was fairly confident in his tailoring, but nowhere confident enough to say it out loud with cameras rolling. He had, after all, never attempted to sew two suits in less that 48 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:15 pm 

Draco couldn't help but smile at the confidence of Harry, hoping that he was in good hands with this. It did seem like the designer had a solid idea of where to go and Draco hoped that he would actually be able to pull it off. Suits were pretty unforgiving after all, so the tailoring would have to be immaculate if he wanted to stand out from the beginning.
"I guess we will see."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:23 pm 

Harry's eyes lingered on his male model for a moment, the remnants of a crooked grin still of his lips, humored by how boldly the comment had been phrased. After a couple of silent moments, a full smile finally appeared onto his lips. "If not, then I'm deeply sorry you had to suffer through this."
As Harry's attention was once again diverted to the fabric and blank sketchbook in front of him, Harry felt like he was in a good mood. Artistry was never Harry's strongest suit, at least not when it came to depicting his thought's on paper, and while he fidgeted momentarily with a pencil, Harry didn't draw anything.
Once again, he looked up at his models, grinning. "At least you two will look great."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm 

Draco had decided that he quite liked this designer, but he knew that he was going to have to take his time and see. He knew that some designers had a way of getting worse as the show progressed, but he wasn't going to take it. He generally had a low tolerance for bullshit and this was no different.
"That is what you job is," he said with a soft shrug. He wanted Harry to know that he wanted to look good and that he was fully willing to throw him under the bus in front of the judges, just in case he turned out to be a dick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:12 pm 

It was the next day, and Harry was beyond surprised by the amount of work he had done yesterday. It being a two look challenge the designers had gotten two full days to work in, with a model fitting both in the morning and the evening. Having only gotten into the workroom, Harry was still sitting at his desk looking at the two mannequins by his side.
The feminine torso was clad in canary yellow, wide legged pants and a muslin loose fit suit jacket with peak lapes, while the masculine was wearing a pastel pink kimono cut jacket and muslin cigarette pants. Harry fiddled with a pen as he looked at the two outfits side by side, while he attempted to gather his thoughts enough of the progress to actually put together a timeline for the day. He had done what he considered to be the easiest pieces - women's pants and men's jackets, and the direction the work day would take all depended on the fit of the two muslin pieces.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:22 pm 

Getting ready for their fitting, Draco and Alycia entered the work room together with the other models. They were quite a large group, considering it was their first challenge and a two outfit one at that. The work room was crazy busy already, bustling with models and designers trying to find one another, and an insane amount of nervous energy.
It wasn’t that difficult to find Harry, seeing as he was the only one to run with the particular colour palette. Also, Harry himself quite stood out, so it wasn’t that difficult, despite the insanity that was the work room.
“I am surprised to actually see something on your mannequins,” Draco stated in liu of a greeting. He knew that it was probably a little harsh, but Harry seemed like the type of guy who could take it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:56 pm 

Harry had turned his head towards the door when the runway models had arrived, and had quickly spotted both Draco and Alycia far before either of them spoke to him. Draco's comment caught Harry getting up from his chair, and it immediately brought a grin to his lips.
"Yeah?" he exhaled with a laugh, nowhere near sounding offended by the greeting. "Well, I had to do something these last 24 hours."
With that, Harry gripped the two mannequins by his side, pushing them with him to the more spacious walkway between the end of his table and the next. Leaving them there, where both mannequins could be seen in full body view, Harry's eyes yet again found his models'. "What do you think?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 pm 

Draco took a moment to properly look at what Harry had done and he was honestly impressed. If Harry could just manage to tailor the rest beautifully, then he would stand a very good chance.
“I think it looks great,” Alycia interjected and Draco simply nodded, not having a lot to add to that. They were going to have to try the pieces on though, having to see if they fit properly and if his tailoring is on point.
“Who do you want fitted first?” Draco asked, wanting to know if Harry had a preference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:55 am 

Harry seemed to relax upon the feed back, brief as it might have been. Sewing without having presented anything for a judging still felt like working in the dark.
"I think Alycia," he answered, inattentively fidgeting at his sweat shirt sleeves, a gesture which was derived from pushing them up when sewing. He glanced at the two dress forms. "I think I mentioned I do more men's, so I'm a little worried about the fit of the jacket."
Mentally, Harry trailed off, considering whether or not doing an oversize jacket had been the easy way out of that issue, but that quickly became a grueling thought, and Harry snapped himself out of it by looking over at Draco. "You can try on your jacket, though, if you like. I think that should fit pretty well, and then I can hopefully add a lining."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:13 pm 

Draco simply nodded at that as Alycia went to be fitted. He figured that he would at least try on the jacket, mostly so that Harry would also be able to see how it fit him exactly and how it moved on a model. Sometimes things got messed up when a real life person had to wear the clothes after all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:55 pm 

Harry's eyes followed Alycia as she crossed the room, barely being able to focus his attention on something more productive as she moved behind a privacy screen to change.
"I do want to try it all out of you two together," he finally managed to phrase, physically having to turn away from facing the screen. Harry instead turned to undo the pins that kept Draco's pants pinned onto the dressform. Suddenly having the models here made everything seem very real, and Harry had to remember to breathe deep. "I don't have any shirts for either one of you, so I'll have to think of something to cover you up -"
Harry took a moment to lay out the muslin pants on top of the cleared work space, not sure what could be done about anything at this point in time. With a heavy, sharp exhale, Harry shook himself of any creeping doubt. Eventually, Harry settled upon that thought and instead looked up at Draco. "Can you walk in heels? I mean, would you feel comfortable wearing heels for the show?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm 

Draco took a moment to just watch Harry, clearly seeing how he stress was getting to him. This was clear for all of the designers, but Harry at least seemed to be carrying it sorta well. Draco didn’t actually know what Harry did for a living, but he assumed that he was used to handle a stressful situation. That was his only answer to this.
“I usually feel more comfortable in heels. My walk is better in heels too,” Draco said, not wanting to sound braggy or anything, but he figured that that would be nice to know for Harry, especially if they were going to be working together again later. He did like what Harry was showing and he hoped that this would go over well, so that they could get to work together again at some other point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:35 am 

Despite his exhaustion, Harry seemed to light up at that, unable to hide how pleased he was with that answer.
"That's great," he exhaled, turning slightly in order to roughly circle a point on the otherwise untouched to-do list, he made midway through yesterday. "Yeah, that's going to be real good, then."
Harry barely got time to meet Draco's eye with a broad, toothy grin on his lips, before Alycia reappeared in his peripheral vision - this time in bright yellow and muslin - and he turned to look at her.
Yet again there was a visible flash of excitement in Harry's eyes upon seeing the clothes on the model; he, however, knew better than to express it immediately. Instead, he pushed his glasses into his hair, taking a step back so that he could look at both of his models, directing the question at them both. "Do you like it?"