All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:38 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate looked at the structure and walked in. "Well, this is a good snow shelter. You will be dry. Your cold-blooded and you may need blankets. "Rest. I will be a while." Kate covered him with several blankets and offered him a few jawbreakers. "These are too big for me. I need a hammer. With those teeth, these will be easy for you. Have a good nap. No worries. I can take growls and snarls. You will get used to my touch. You hate sudden hugs. Under the circumstances, I had to hug you. You were dying and I had to show my happiness. You being alive. From now on, paw hugs are good. I will only touch your face when you nudge me. Your terms. Whine when you hurt and want affection. I will take you to a quiet place."

Kate sat held his paw in her lap. She removed a thorn with healing mana. "That must have been annoying. Sleep Syn. I will return with stag and beef. I will what treats Ann cooked. Would you like a bowl of apple cider?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

Sure dry... This was snow. Well no point arguing. His head laid upon the ground. Rolling onto his side as he listened. Though he moved. His eyes gazed upon the candy. Outstretching his tongue he grabbed one and put it in his mouth. Gnawing on it he then bit down with a loud growl. The shattering crunch was an interesting sound but he enjoyed the sweet treat. Once done he swallowed and closed his eyes. The blankets felt nice over his body, "The hug was shocking. I'm not used to affection but I'm glad to have you." He said softly. Wincing a bit he snarled and looked to her, "How... Did that get there? No wonder I hobbled." He hissed. Looking to her he sighed a bit, "Cider. Or even an apple."

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:34 pm 

Kate walked to the entrance then turned back to him, "I am glad like sweets. I will bring you both jug and bowl of cider and apples. You are a good dragon Syd. You can look forward to happier days. Sorry my hugs make you growl. In time you will get used to me."

Kate blew him a kiss. "Thorns are irritable things. Now, to bring you back a feast. I will hurry."

The mage leaped into the carriage and in moments was in full gallop to her home. She immediately got the key from Peel and helpers. The sleigh was full and packed with choice meats and Ann's treats. Kate did not want others to follow. It was two to three hours before she returned to the spot. The mound she found and it was the opening she could not find. "Syd, it is Kate. Open up. I have cooked and raw meat. Ann sent sweets."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:07 am 

Syndicate wasn't too sure if his life was going to be better, but meeting this young girl... Was the best he could have hoped for. Kind and pure. He wasn't used to hugs, let alone kindness and affection. It made him feel strange but welcomed. All he could do was nod at her and once she was gone- he moved, blocking the hole with more snow. Making a slab of snow to lay on. Blocking the smaller hole, size of a ball with the side on his face. Closing his eyes and slept. Though once she came back the hole seemed to be missing.

His fur was coated in snow enough that even the smaller hole made it seem as though nothing was there till his eye shot open and he looked out. Seeing Kate he nodded. Moving a bit he yawned and clawed the opening enough she could get inside. Waiting silently as he purred a bit. He could smell the feast she brought.

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:13 am 

Kate was happy to see him and he was alright. "Smells good. Ann insisted you have cooked roast, vegetables and sweet bread and pies."

This sled has lots of steaks, ribs, and roast. "I am going to blindfold the horse and you dig right in."

The seats of the sled were covered in white canvas cloth and the food was piled three feet high."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:33 am 

It smelled beyond good. Snarling a bit he moved from the snow mound to gaze out a bit. The Navy scales on his nose bridge glistened. Licking his lips he waited for the horse to be blinded before moving out swiftly. To the back of the carriage sled. Snarling lightly his maw opened and he began feasting like a rabbid animal or even a pig. No crumb of food touched the snow nor did they drop and be ignored. He ate a all he was given with gratitude. The best was what went away first before he ate the pies and breads. His eyes were wild with joy. No one had ever offered him such a feast. This was amazing! His belly was soon full and he fell over. Rubbing his belly a bit and curled up chuffing. Head rubbing into the snow as he was very content.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:45 am 

Kate did not stare at him. He ate like he was starved. She was happy to see him enjoy the feast. The mage hoped he would not be sick. He ate all of the meat and it was fun to him fall with a full belly. He was a very satiated dragon rubbing his muzzle in the snow. She hoped he would have brighter scales in the morning. She sat next to Syd and drank a mug of cider Ann filled for her. "This is a night to remember. I can feel warmer under your wings. When your ready, we will go home."

Kate stooped under his right wing and leaned on him. "She reached up and fluffed small feathers growing close to his body. His scales warmed from her body. He was like a heater. The only cold was the ground. Snow melted under her cloak she paid no mind. Syd was so entertaining when content.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:24 pm 

Unlike most dragons he didn't really have scales except the ones that Ren from his nose to the beginning of the horned crown on his head. He had a lot of fun but the skin it rested on could be considered as scales since it was like a coat of fish scales with fur. Yet no one would know. His skin was rather thick so you'd never know unless you shaved the fur off to see the tiny fish like scale shapes over his skin. He chuffed at her And licked his lips before resting for a few moments before going and getting up, "Let's get going. I'm full and I could sleep for a long time. Outside is nice but it's no citadel. " He moved and alamkwsnuia tail on the snow dome then looked to her. Ready to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 am 

Kate rolled up the tarp and thew it into the sleigh. She removed the blindfold from the horse and attached blinders. "Hide a moment Syd. I do not want my mare spooked."
After he was out of sight, she hopped in the sled and pulled the reins on the horse. Once she had the sleigh turned around, she waved her arm in the air, "Syd, please fallow me."

Kate slapped the reins and kept a medium pace to the manor. At ten yards she called to the guard. Please, lower your weapons. It is Kate and I have brought a gift from my aunt. The young man you saw earlier is a dragon in real form. Do not harm him. He is sick and wounded. It too cold to keep him outside."

Ann ran from the back of the manor to the back drive when Kate stopped the carriage. She held her arms up to Syd. "Oh, Dear you're alive. When Kate got all the meat. I knew you were alive. I have not seen a Wyrm-kin in ages. I made a nest for you in the ballroom. I had Peel make a bed for Kate next to your nest. Come in and rest."

Peel exited the stables and stood wide-eyed, mouth a-gape. Kate handed the reins to Peel, "He is family now. You will get used to him. This is still Syd. just in a different form."

Peel swallowed hard, "S-Syd. Wel-welcome back. Your room is ready. You need anything let me know."

Kate looked up at Syd, "Come, your room is this way."
She led him into the manor from the backdoor into the main hall. She turned left into the dining hall and passed two large French doors. "This is your room."

It was a ballroom with a stage on the left and buffet bar on the far right. The room could fill three dragons sid size and have room to spare. On the floor in the middle of the room was two feather mattresses, quits, and a library table filled with books and medical supplies. Next to his mattresses were a daybed and nightstand. A lamp filled with yellow oil sat on the nightstand.

"Lie down, Syd, I will cover you. Sleep as long as you want. I will be beside you."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:26 am 

Hiding was no ideal game but he did so as she made sure the mare would not see his form. He did not want to spook it but as she was ready he nodded and followed her. Though as he followed he stopped and coiled up far behind when seeing the guards ready to attack. He looked a bit terrified. His body posture gave it away like a score dog. He didn't show anger. Closing his eyes he gulped before they opened. Wide. Anger. He rose up and snarled as he went behind Kate. Growling as a paw lightly touched her shoulder. Then upturned his head, a dare to try and hurt him before looking back down. He lowered his paw and went gentle looking, his neck moved and craned down to Ann and gently nudged her hands, "Thank you for telling her what I was... I was too scared to tell the truth of me." Though seeing Peel he backed up and moved to him. Not looking in his eyes, "I won't hurt you Peel. You helped save me." He said and sneezed. Peel had a puff of snow form in his hair. Backing up he looked to Kate and followed. Once inside he looked to the bed and sneezed once again before going to the beds. Sniffing them a bit before he deamed it safe and gently curled up tightly on them. Sneezing once more before looking out at Kate from under a wing, "I promise to not hurt anyone... Especially Peel. He seemed terrified... Did I do wrong?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:06 am 

Kate felt his muzzle as he spoke to her, "No you did well. Syd, Peel was in a battle as a young boy. He was not much older than you. This land was once a place of war. Orcs on Red Dragons broke through defenses and the skies were a mass of dragons. It was terror for our soldiers. This is why dragon kind hide. Not from fear they will be killed. The terror from the hearts of all who fought and lived. You and I were not born yet. Peel will get used to you. You cannot heal any other way. Peel will not harm you because of me. Rest. Can I get you anything? You need to relieve yourself, do not go outside without me. The guards have been told not to harm you. Still. I want you to feel safe. I will be at your side. I will give you privacy."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 am 

The dragon was unsure of himself at that moment, he was a noble creature and yet he terrified the one man who was one of the first to help him. Hearing about the draconic wars made him sad. He was no red dragon nor black. He knew a black one... As cranky as that one had been he was protective. Died before his eighth birthday. He curled up on the bed and crossed his forelegs, looking at her as his head raised, "Nothing... I need. I'm tired.... I hope I can earn his and Ann's trust. You three- are the first to ever be kind to me... This new life is different, I hope I'll enjoy it. I just... Don't want to hurt anyone. I'd even love to keep my fighting skills in practice once I am more healed... But I'll respect it if you don't want that.... It's all I know and I learned a lot from old knights."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 am 

"I know you have many concerns. All here will accept you. I will watch over you. Yes. You will train once you are healed. Only fight if cornered. Only kill if you feel you are in danger of your life. Do not worry, in time they will trust you. The one I worry about is my father. As long as you are with me, no fear. Give your mind a rest and sleep. Do you have bad dreams?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 am 

The male dragon snorted, cold mist formed from his breath as his magic loosely expelled from him. His eyes, large and sleepy, half liddedly looked at the girl. Listening and agreeing. This new life... Away from death was nice, "I don't want to kill anymore. I've watched knights, warriors, guards and barbarians fight and only to end their lives. It is time to rest and recover, not fight. I plan to be at your side for many years. Dragons are loyal to those who save their lives." Though he turned his head to the walls, "At night, only at rare eves, do I dream of fights from when I was a child.... Or dark monsters coming to test on me.... Some nights I I dream of a Red faced Raven with reflective eyes...." He looked to her, "Why is your father a concern- might I ask." He said before laying his head down and waited.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 pm 

Kate hugged him where she could reach on his face and kissed his face. "Never will you be forced to fight ever again. Calm your fears, I will give you new dreams. My father, he is lord of the shire and I am not yet legal age. He, I have never seen interact with a dragon. As long as you are with me, you will have my protection. My father has no like for Malora. I am going to tell you the truth. It is something you are going to hate. I keep my promises and do not lie. Malora is my Aunt she was drawn to Lord Draco many years ago. I want to know if you know why she gave you to me?"