All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

It snowed all day in Wildwood Shire. The last class of the day and the mage History teacher droned another monotoned lecture. Half the class was falling asleep and the other half was looking at their timepieces. Kate Lyons sand in the second row by the window. A winter scene was to her left. She drifted and the snow turned to lush green. She was soaring on the back of a golden dragon. The dragon was high above the town's rooftops. He soared to the 500-acre lake and was skimming the lake. Spaying water…

Kate heard the rap rap rap and shot up. She sat straight up at her desk.
"Um... oh, sorry sir."
The Dwarf Master Mage banged his teaching stick on her desk. "Daydreaming about dragons again. Mage Kathryne Lyons you fall asleep again and your father will be hearing from me personally. You may be top of the class but there is no excuse for falling asleep in MY CLASS."
"So sorry. What was the question?"

A messenger arrived breathless at the door.
"Enter."
"I have a message and a letter for Lady Mage Katheryn Lyons."
Kate turned in her seat and raised her hand. "I am she."
The twelve-year-old approached her. "The warehouse foreman says there is a package for you. I th-think you better come quick. It may be dying."
"Dying! Hand me the letter."

The letter was sealed in red wax with a head of a dragon on a pike.
My Dear Kate,
I will be brief. I write this in haste. I have a gift for you. If he is still alive. You will find the beast in warehouse 64 in a cage. You will find it in the animal pens. Happy Winterfest I hope this creature if you can call it that, pleases you.

Your Aunt Malora

Kate looked up at her teacher. "Permission to leave. This is from my Aunt Malora."
The man placed his hand over his mouth and motioned for the door. "Of course. Right away. Good heavens, Child. Go."
Kate bolted and ran to the infirmary. She filled her bag of holding with bandages, antiseptics, healing potions, and a needle and syringe case with a vile of poppy essence. She ran to her locker and waved a hand over the lock. She put away her books and grabbed her cloak.

She passed the robe room and retrieved the biggest robe and cloak she could find. She dodged her fellow students and ran out the main entrance to her father's coach. She was breathless as she spoke to Peel, her father's driver. "Peel, we must hurry. Malora gave me one of her pets."
The driver hopped from his perch and opened the carriage door for her.

Kate climbed in and began organizing a quilt, cloak, and robe into a bundle. She handed Peel the note.

He scurried to his seat and grabbed the rains. In moment he had the team at full gallop to the wharf.

When he stopped at the warehouse, Kate jumped out of the carriage and hurried into the warehouse. She asked the guard directions to the animal pens.

Over a large metal cage were the letters in red, "Dangerous Beast"

"You are no dangerous beast! You are a man." She entered the pen and waved her hand over the lock. She sat at the entrance. "Are you alive? You are shackled? Why? You are in no condition to fight." The mage student removed a flask from her bag of holding.

She placed her hands on his form. "Easy. It is just my mana warming your body. Gah, What they do to you? You are beaten to a pulp. I got food and a warm bed. You just need to get you cleaned up. I have a mage robe, blanket, and cloak for you."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 am 

Blog: View Blog (3)

It had been a long ride, the snow had not been refreshing as what was left of the man was taken away. His last fight... Staged... He lost. He never lost like that. His eyes, green and bloodshot as he watched the fleeting landscape... What happened? Why had it been so fast? So swift? It was gone... His life was to be over. All he could hear was the clatter of the cart moving against the storm. His cage not well hidden from the elements. He could feel the snow... Every so often touch his skin causing it to burn. To become pink on each touch of a flake. His body yearned to shift... To embrace the snow.... He was weaker now more than he had ever been as unconsciousness took his soul.

Hours later it had seemed that he awoke. Chained in his cage. Barely alive. Barely aware of what his fate was to be. His form was beaten, bruised, bloodied and ravaged from fights old and new. From fights to unmentioned feats he was forced to deal with. All he remembered was someone shouting muffled commands as he awoke to being here... Chained up like a beast ready for slaughter. His hair was matted and crusted with the blood of his own body as he listened to the storm. It died out it seemed. The urge to subcome to the storm was gone.

It was then he heard the voice of a woman... All that did was make him growl. Deep and gutteral, like a feral wolf. It lasted for a brief moment before he leaned back. His warning made, he decided to wait out his demise. That voice though was persistent. What did this female want? To abuse him as well? His eyes opened. Green as Jade eyes looked to her, she wasn't blurry to him but he didn't speak. Cider? A treat? Why did he earn a treat? Where was he? Was this a way of saying "you lost so here is your last meal"? No... She claimed to be a healer.

Puffing up he hissed out not a word but only sound as she touched his sore and hurting form. Though the heat... The magical heat lulled him into a state of calm. His body hurt less. The male looked up to her, why was she being nice? Was this really something he could look forward to? This... Compassion? His eyes shut as he twitched. He had no strength to move but he hoped the cloak could hide him from the snow. He didn't trust her enough to show her the truth.

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm 

Kate saw his swollen heavly bruised eyes open to her touch. She blinked tears, "No one deserves this. I feel your pain. Deep breath. I know you are terrified."

Kate dabbed oil of sage over his cracked, blood dried swollen lips. She held the flask and tilted so he could taste the golden liquid. "You like? ... Want more?" She sniffled, " I will never let you starve or be beaten. I promise."

She blinked and wiped her eyes with the back of her free hand.
"Forgive me for hurting you. It is apple cider. I will remove the shackles and collar. As soon as you are able to speak. Lift your right finger if you understand common."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:16 pm 

It had to be a lie. A comforted like that this girl was here to help him. In a way he was sure of it. She was here to just... Tease him. Yes there was terror in his body. There always was. Terror was nothing more than just a feeling he was used to. His heart just ached with the unknown. Listening before he growled a bit. Should he talk? That lady... The one who used to own him never knew he could actually speak. Yes... Never knew. Only the men he fought. Even then his words were like growled knives to scare the men. Though as of then he was somewhat bent at an odd angle.

Most of his body was kinda hidden in the shadows but, he was tangled in the chains the keepers decided he needed. The sage stung but helped him feel a bit better, even being allowed to taste the cider.... He didn't fight the treat. He did work hard... Yet it bothered him... Why did he loose? That should have been a draw!

The male snarled a bit and moved his body, "Remove them- not like I can do anything to stop you." He hissed out at her. Finally breaking his silent actions.

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:38 pm 

Kate cleared her throat. This elf spoke gruffly. Could she blame him? She held the flask to his lips.
"Little sips. I have lemon soft chewies. They are sweet and busts of flavor. I need to get the chains off. I know you do not trust me now. I need to tend to your wounds. May I have your hand or paw, please? I want to call you by your birth name not slave name. My name is Kathryne. Sorry but I am not a master mage yet. I can't heal you completely. Can you tolerate the poppy? Do you self-heal?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:51 pm 

The male looked to her, eyes sore from a punch to the face. His hand lifted, touching the flask. Trying to not be greedy as he drank from the flask. What if it was a trick? This was a trick... Right? He snarled and moved the flask away, "My real name is Syndicate- I cannot heal on my own. Why are you helping me?" He questioned her. His eyes closed as he breathed with a sharp shot of pain, expelling a hiss past his lips, "Lemon is not very good for sores... " He later commented Ashe lifted his hand. Dirt caked his nails and hands as well as blood. His nails had been bitten into points it seemed as well, "I have no paws. Only hands."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm 

Syndicate, you may call me Kate or Katie. I never owned a slave of my own. You have been sent as a gift."

Kate cradled his hand in her lap and waved her hand over the shackle and it fell apart to the floor. "That's better, the metal has bit into your wrist. I am going to put some healing salve on your wrist."
Kate placed the flask next to him and pulled out a jar of yellow jelly substance. She held it under his nose and smelled like sage and sandalwood. She rubbed gauze over it. "Growl and hiss do not move your wrist. By tomorrow you will be able to use it. You have a few fractures. Nothing serious."

Kate gently placed his hand on his thigh and unwrapped the chains around his body. She moved to his other side bent from the roof of the cage. She placed the quilt over his chest. "I will dress you once your wounds are covered. She did the same to his other hand. She poured a flask of water on a cloth taken from her bag. "May I clean your face?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm 

Syn just looked to her. Throat a bit raw still but he was very warry of her. This wasn't right! Normally the woman who owned him abused him... Then sent that pathetic so called healerto try and get him to listen. Wait... Gift? They sent this girl- a dead man walking? Why?! She probably had no idea what she was given! A brute monster...

His thoughts ended when the weight on his wrist suddenly vanished with a thump. He looked to the bruised wrist. She freed his hand... What was this? Though the smell of the selve made his nose crinkle. Though when she moved his hand- a sharp hiss escaped past his teeth. He glared. Not at her but at the fact he allowed himself to be beaten into such a state.

Yet, once she mentioned she wanted to clean his face he snarled. Moving his hand he felt his side. Where was the pouch?! The pouch with the plant?! He let off a snarl. He found it but he couldn't get to it... Moving a leg he pulled the pouch over and gripped it tight. The sound of the dried herb crunched. However that sound made him toss it and snarl.

They took it away! The one thing that kept him sane! The one thing he needed to hide the truth! They took it away! His eyes opened as he growled, "Water burns my skin." He said. Not wanting to tell her the truth. He was a strange being. Almost like a nymph and almost like a dragon. Refusing to shift made water burn like acid. If it hadn't been snowing... He might have died. Water helped his body. even being in the state he was in... Syn snarled. He needed that plant! Why?!

Lookijg away he chittered a bit, "If you touch me with water... It will hurt. My skin turns red." He hissed. It wasn't like he could fight Kate. He couldn't move.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:46 pm 

Kate placed the cloth and flask back into the brown leather bag. She added more salve to gauze, "I will clean you off with salve and soft cloth. If water burns, how do I wash your hair? May I touch your face and give you a shot of poppy essence? I do not want you to suffer."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:52 pm 

The male glared coldly at her, "How would I know? They took away what I need to be able to be in water..." He hissed. His eyes shut as he leaned into the bars of the cage, shuddering a bit, "Touch if you wish, just don't be harsh or I'll bite." Syndicate was honestly ready to just... Give up... And let her touch him. What was the point of fighting it- when he was so beaten he had no movement? Maybe he should... With a snarl he spoke, "Clean and fix what's needed- but using water on me will hurt me without the green Lilly."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 pm 

"Green Lilly. I know only one place that they grow and that is 100 miles from home. Lucky for you my father trades all over the nine kingdoms. Hold on take deep breaths. I will ask the workers." Kate stooped and walked a few steps out of the cage. "Roofus, come towards me, not any closer. I need a case of Green Lilly. Put it on my father's tab. I have a list of herbs and teas. Bring them to the spot where you are and leave it. Keep everyone away from me."

Ruffus did as told and Kate had a bundle of the herbs to Syndicate. "Take as many as you need. You can rest in the carriage."

Kate cleaned his face barely touching him. She donned the robe over his battered frame and covered him with the cloak. "Come on out."

When he tried to get up, she noticed shackles on his ankles. She waved her hand over them and fell to the cage floor with a metallic thud. "What were those for? You can not fight. Hold onto me and let's go home."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm 

The plant itself was an aquatic type that grew in a dark Marsh. Alone it usually had calming properties but most nobles enjoyed a euphoric game if paired with potions. Syndicate relied on this plant more than he realized at times. Not that it was addicting - it kept him appearing elf like. A ruse. Yet, once the male saw the bundle his hand moved swift. Snatching the parcel and dug into it. Taking out a full flower and stem he stuffed it in his mouth. Chewing the rather, disgusting and sour plant till it was able to be swallowed. Once he did be could feel his body relax. Clutching the parcel close he looked to her as she cleaned him a bit.

Watching and waiting before he was told he could leave the cell. Crawling out a bit he stopped and covered his head with the hood. Only stopping for this but soon realized his legs were locked too. Guess he really had been left to die. He pushed up with a wobble. His body ached once again. Following up to her. Her touch made him jump a bit. Well, more of when he bumped her anyway. He pulled the hood over his head tighter, "They are there to make sure I don't kill." He stated flatly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:45 pm 

Kate shook her head and wanted to hug him. He was too injured and every part of screamed hurt. She faced him as she helped him get balanced.

"You will not hurt me. I will give you no cause to. Even in your sleep. I will help you to sleep without demons of your past haunting you. Sleep and food await. No duties or fighting. Adjust to your new home, Syndicate. I cannot promise this new life will be easy. But you will experience things denied you. I hope, in time, you will smile and laugh."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 pm 

A new home... Syndicate walked with a gimp in his gate. Walking by her and looking to the skies, "Sleep? Not in a cage or floor?' he glared a bit, "I can barely walk on my own. I haven't eaten in days... I don't know when I'll laugh again..."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 pm 

Kate kept is pace. "It will not be today. You will sleep in a warm bed with a full belly. You will never fight for coin that is not yours and be treated less than dirt. I need to tend to your wounds while you eat. I need to touch your jaw and get that collar off. So you can eat and take your real form. The only elves in these parts are in other forms in hiding. I am going to keep you safe in my room until you heal enough to explore. It will be weeks before my father returns. You will feel less pain in the coming weeks."

Kate led him out to a black carriage with gold guiding. He sees a man in his 50's open the carriage door. Kate stops in five feet.

"Syndicate, the man before you is Peel. He knows the life you had. He is my father's driver and he will not harm you. I trust this man with my life. Let him help you get settled in the carriage."

Kate approached closer and Syndicate could see into the carriage. A bed was made on the floor of the carriage with blankets and a picnic basket was on the side.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:39 am 

This was such an odd setting, his life- turned into this. From fighter to a slave.... To... What? A dead man? He had nothing. Just what he clung to in his hand. Syn was barely clothed thanks to they saw no point in letting him have anything. Just something that kept him "decent for the eyes of the young" was all he had. Yet... Now... He had a cloak. It was weird... Feeling the fabric on his skin that wasn't made of canvas or linens. It was soft. It felt so strange. So foreign. Not that he would be used to pleasure of material... He was a gifted slave to this girl.

Syn snarled a bit, "You mean the sub form. I won't show you for some time. It will be earned. My ears are pointed thanks to my birthright." He glared, "I don't know magic to hide them." He rolled his eyes but paused in his gate. Looking to the male. Peel, such a strange name. A really strange name. As he walked over he looked to the carriage. Black as coal with guilded lines of gold led his eyes over it. This girl belonged to a rich family. A very right family.

He dared not touch anything but accepted some help. Glancing to Peel. The man knew of the life he once led. He could see understanding in the man's eyes that made him wish he could trust him. Making himsf comfortable he sat on the floor of the carriage and curled up against the wall. Not sure what to do with himself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 pm 

Peel gave him a little assistance and covered the young man with a blanket. "I'm Peel young warrior. Ya do not bow to meh or any servant. I 've lived with the family for many years. Kathryne is a delight and her word is gold. Be prepared lad, your life's going to change for good. You'll hate all the fuss and attention. You're in good hands. My Lady is top of her class. Feel free to come to the stables and chat. Ya'll need no weapons ya won't feel the lash or hear a harsh word. The first few weeks are the hardest. Leave ya anger and fear lad ya a man no more an animal."

Kate awaited Peel to leave before she sat beside her gift. She picked up the basket and removed a sealed jar labeled 'Chicken Soup' and sat it on the floor. Sliced apples were slightly brow in a small bowl. Kate placed a large square of parchment in her lap. she unwrapped it and placed the contents in her lap. She held a slice inches from his mouth, "I will hand feed you today. Your hands are healing. Mmm... gingerbread. Still warm and easy to chew. Ann is the best cook."

She tasted it first and offered him a slice.

She opened the jar and inhaled, "You will love this. Chicken with dumplings. You can drink this. Will warm you. Careful, it may be hot to you. I am sure she made hot apple cider too. Do you like apple pie? Ann always packs apple pie."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:53 pm 

Fuss and attention. What was that? He was no puppy. He didn't need it. If anything all he needed was to know what he should do and be left to be, "I bowed not even to the woman who owned me. Enduring the punishment for it was rewarding. Those swine didn't deserve my praise or respect." It was true. He hated bowing to them. His back and body usually paid for it but he didn't care. They murdered his family. He remembered it. Most would forget but no... He remembered. It was nightares that made him remember. Even so he laid there. Against the walls of the carriage. Waiting.

Kate soon entered and he looked out from his cacooned blanket. Watching her. The food smelled good. Due to the years of slavery he had endured, it didn't make him hungry. They used to tease him with food. With drink. It used to make him so hungry but now- his body didn't even flinch. Though as he looked to her he blinked. She tested the food then offered him some? What was this? His eyes narrowed slightly, "Why offer me food?" Syn asked as he stared. He was hungry, but could he trust her?

He moved a bit, "Why are you being nice to me? Is this a trick for loosing that fight? That it's her way of getting me to repent for being bested in combat?" He growled it all. Why was she being nice? He was hurting... Honestly deep down even scared. Scared today was his last day to live, "I've never had pie... Or luxury food. It was scraps, bread, and whatever bit of meat I could fight from her hounds. On rare occasions I got to have peasant stew which was mostly broth with a chunk of old meat." He curled up tighter, "I don't know where I'm going... Or if this is my last day.... All I know is I lost that fight... And woke up in that building."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:51 pm 

Kate felt horrible. He was honest and dared to ask about his fate. She knew he was not like anyone she met. He had to eat. She had to earn his trust. "You need to eat. I will not make you. I will not harm you. Difficult and scary things are. You are my gift and a treasure. I will take care of you by treating you like a precious stone. Your hurt, scared, confused, and feel abandoned. Syndicate, I will not let you die. I took an oath as a mage, never to harm. You will never enter the arena ever again. My home is outside Wildwood Shire. You arrive in the port town of Wildwood. Your home is Wildwood Manor. As to why you are here? I am not sure. I received a letter saying you are a gift. Did the Dark Sorcerer and his witch tell you anything?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:24 pm 

Syndicate looked to her, hands clutching the somewhat of a new possession close, not speaking much as he listened. As he was told his fate. He looked to the girl and looked away, "I was in the arena.... Fighting some kind of knight. I got over powered... I lost... I watched them as I was dragged off.... I don't know... I woke into the cage..." He moved out his hand. Gripping at the food she had, "Can... I eat?" He asked. He felt very tired, Hungry, "I don't have anything... Will... Will life be better now?"