All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:49 pm 

Back from the dead

Blog: View Blog (6)

TL;DR If you have an idea for an RP that you haven't been able to bring to fruition, pitch it, let's mold it, and use it to help me get back in my RP game. Thanks.

Okay so I've been on haitus for like 4 years. Life just got in the way. I finally have a flat stretch of road ahead of me, and I am really hoping to get back in the jist of things and I've been itching for a creative writing outlet in the years since I left, but I just couldn't find time. Now I'm looking for either a small group or a 1x1 to oil my rusty hinges.

I can play a decent range of characters:
    young to old
    all genders
    animals
    cyborg, alien, etc.
    moderate range of backgrounds. I do tend to fall into somewhat cliche character types but I am hoping to break that habit.

My most comfortable genres are:
    Fantasy (any style)
    Science Fiction
      Government experiments
      Cyberpunk
      Space based Action
      Space Opera

I am interested in expanding my comfort zone to the following genres:
    Action
    Other Sci-Fi
      Near Future
      Artificial Intelligence
      Post-Apocalyptic
      I know there are more genres I just can't think of them etc.
    Adventure
    Drama
    Romance
    Slice-of-life
    Light Mystery
    Light Supernatural

Hard No
    Horror
    Superheroes

Please reply with ideas. I don't really know what I am looking for but I would love to work with you to craft something our liking. I been in the mood for a Firefly kind of space drama with a ragtag crew, but more explosions. I haven't toyed with magic in a while, and I find enjoyment in animal characters on occasion.

TL;DR If you have an idea for an RP that you haven't been able to bring to fruition, pitch it, let's mold it, and use it to help me get back in my RP game. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:31 am 

Back from the dead

Okay so I've been thinking for the past few days, and I think I want to go off of my space idea. A small crew of mercenaries, hired to do unconventional jobs, mostly discreet transport of technology by the government to avoid piracy. Who better to handle pirates than ex-pirates? But contracts end and as with any pirates, their morals are questionable, and they hold no loyalty but to themselves, so who knows what contract they accept next?

The "government" of course is an alliance of a few systems and species. And of course, there is a scourge of the universe, a species unable or unwilling to communicate diplomatically, very hostile. Is there any way to find out their intentions? There are also a series of AI robots from an ancient civilization, their tech is nearly impossible to replicate, but they are not hostile. They are a mostly solitary species, and their purpose is unknown, and they have integrated themselves into society to their liking. Where did they come from and what is their purpose? There are many large pirate factions with different agendas, but how many of them have we made rivals? How much trouble can we get into? Are our methods questionable, but our intentions good? Who knows, maybe the crew is split on their beliefs but they stay together for money, or is it because they found a family?

There are so many things to explore, these are only a few. We may not even have to go far from home to find adventure, exploring our own characters could bring to light plots I cannot even imagine. Every pirate has a story, what's yours?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I would love to join you in your adventure! I would have posted earlier, but I had no ideas of my own :/ I'm new myself! So, if you would have me, I'd be honored to join your scalawag of a crew!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 pm 

Back from the dead

Sure absolutely! I've got a lot of ideas about this world. Tell me a bit about your character style and what about this universe interests you? We have all the galaxy to explore, I know some people love to uncover government conspiracies, investigate mysteries of the universe, get into trouble, fight rival pirate gangs, etc. I'll begin laying out the basic structure for the universe and associated species tomorrow around this time.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 pm 

Back from the dead

Okay sorry for the late response, I'm drafting an OOC to start the campaign.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 am 

Fear the plant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey I love character development type writing.. and this seems fun. I feel like I'm much more into just diving in than a lot of people here, everything seems so organized to me. I was in a pirate game (non-space: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=53083 if you want to see my writing) and the people in it vanished so clearly I need more pirate game in my life if you'll have me. Sometimes I have trouble posting super often, but I try to promise once a week. I won't quit on you. Might occasionally flake as life eats me but I come back with a post as soon as I can haha.

Comfort zone is about 3 paragraphs for me, but I can write more (super easily if we double characters). Short like that is simpler for speed too so I don't need an hour each time I post. Anyway I love being a bad guy. Or at least seriously messed up and thinks they are good person.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:51 am 

Back from the dead

Alrighty! Sorry for the week long delay, I was gone for a week working on a project with NASA. I have finished the OOC thread, or at least a starting draft. I do plan on revising and building it and adding images and whatnot. But there should be enough there to give you an idea of the universe.

The one thing I have not fleshed out yet is our vessel, which is gonna be somewhat unique ;3 The vessels name is QT Pacifika and she does not yet have a captain. If you feel you have a character worthy of becoming her captain, let me know in a DM. Within the week, the vessel and starting setting with be prepared.

The OOC Thread is here http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53313