All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus let out an almost hopeless groan, but halfway through it his voice cracked into a laugh. "You don't have to remind me," he countered, his voice finally sounding pitiful in a way that could only be theatrical. The worse pain had passed, and Remus was now only left with a numbing prickling of his skin.
With a soft exhale, he finally loosened his grip around Sirius, straightening his posture as he did. It would be a le to say , that Siriusø touch hadnøt had a crucial effect on the tension in his back; this became audible as he, now standing upright, took a deep breath so relieved it almost sounded like the first one in ages. Stepping slightly at a distance that permitted him to move his arms freely - though not wishing to do anything that disturbed Sirius' arm around his wast - Remus ran both hands across his scalp.
Remus' hair was growing longer, but with the tight curl of his hair, he knew it barely permitted him to run his hands through it; instead, he wanted to rub away the last remaining tension in his neck. "One day they're going to dig up my bones and be marveled at how a 20 year old could have the joints of a 200 year old."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:38 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius snorted at that, unable to not see the humour in the situation. Sure, it was absolutely awful, but Remus at least seemed to be able to see a little bit of humour in the situation himself, otherwise it would be horribly tragic and not just regular tragic. He kept Remus pulled close to him, enjoying their embrace, even if there was something tragically sad about it. They should not be this troubled at 20, they really shouldn't, but there was a war to be fought and there was nothing they could do about it, other than fight it.
"They won't dig up your 20-year old bones, because you are not going to die at 20," he said in a serious voice, not wanting to Remus to even think like that. Sure, it seemed very bleak right now, but he wouldn't allow them to accept defeat. "You are going to live a long life after we win this war."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:36 am 

Remus enjoyed hearing Sirius laugh; probably more than he enjoyed his almost motherly reassurance. It was tempting to challenge it out loud; that even if they won the war, it wouldn't guarantee ether of them a long life, especially not taking Remus' lycanthropy into consideration. He, however, never allowed himself to say any of that out loud.
With a sigh, Remus' hands found Sirius' shoulders, letting his thumbs press against Sirius' collarbones; His eyes trailed his own hands as he put enough pressure onto them that he could feel the curve of the bone even over the fabric.
"One day," he started again. Even just speaking those two words brought a crooked grin onto his face. "They're going to dig up my bones and be marveled at how a 90 year old could have the joints of a 900 year old."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:18 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius grinned at that, liking the tone of that a lot better. They had to believe that they could survive this, otherwise they really didn't stand a chance. It all seemed very bleak right in that instant, but Sirius fully believed that they would be able to make it. He leaned in to place a soft kiss to Remus' cheek, feeling slightly better about how Remus was handling the situation. It was even harder when the full moon was close and Sirius knew that, but he still wanted to make sure that they stayed positive in this.
"That's the spirit," he said with a crooked grin, not minding Remus' hands on his shoulders, feeling pretty good about their embrace in general. Sure, it as mostly to try and make Remus comfortable, but it also helped to comfort himself. He could lose any of his friends at any second, so it helped him to keep them close and just feel that they were there. "I am not going to allow you to die before me."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:26 pm 

Even after years of close friendship rooted in a lot of physically displayed affection, Remus' heart still fluttered when Sirius' lips graced his cheek instead of his temple. The distance between the two could hardly be more than an inch or two, yet that distance had a significant difference on the hairs on Remus' neck. He, however, also knew better than to put any further thought into that.
Instead, Remus just hummed out a laugh, his eyes still following the progress of his hands as they continued to back and forth trace the contours of Sirius' chest. "So you get to joke about dying but not me?"
Remus' eyes moved upwards, finally meeting Sirius' eye with the slightest trace of a smile on his lips. "How does that work, exactly?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm 

Sirius grinned at him, not feeling sorry about being a little juvenile. They had to focus on the positive things after all, so even if Sirius would still joke about dying, he wouldn't allow Remus to; mostly because he knew that Remus meant it a lot more than he ever would. Even the idea of losing Remus was too much for him to bear, so he didn't want to hear anything about it.
"Because I make the rules and that's why I also get to break them," he said with a crooked grin, trying not to think too much of Remus' hands on his chest. They were good friends after all, so it wasn't too unusual for them to be very touchy and entangled like this; however, the idea of either of them dying was making Sirius realise a lot of thing and he was scared what they might mean. All he knew was that he loved Remus and that he wasn't ready to lose him. "That is how that works."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:51 pm 

Remus scoffed at that, audibly not very satisfied by that interpretation. As he did, his hands changed motions, gently loosening his grip around Sirius' shoulders, and instead folded out the creased he had created with the flats of his palms.
"How fortunate," he just commented without any desire to go further into it. No matter how much Remus objected against the precautions Sirius took regarding Remus' mental health, he also knew that they stemmed from a genuine place. It was, however, not fun not being allowed to be part of the joke.
Remus was, however, abruptly torn out of that trail of thought.
There was no mistaking the silver hare leaping over the bush. Remus caught a glimpse of it over Sirius' shoulder, moments before it ducked and crossed a flower bed, moving towards the patio door. Despite how much Remus wished it to be a snowshoe hare, he immediately recognized it as Marlene McKinnons comparatively discrete patronus.
"We've got to go," Remus said breathlessly, feeling like he had just received a punch to the gut. Inelegantly, Remus freed himself from Sirius' embrace, moving towards the garden door to let the patrons in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:15 pm 

Having Remus remove himself from his embrace almost felt like someone was prying a part of Sirius away. It was stupid, but Sirius missed the feeling of Remus in his arms the second he lost it, but he knew that they had a job to do, so they had to get going. He could always get sentimental later.
"Right," he said in a soft voice, not trying to hide the fact that he wasn't pleased with the situation, but they both knew that there was nothing to be done about it. It was always a stupid idea to fall for your best friend, but it was even worse during a war. He knew that he could possibly lose Remus at any second and the mere thought of it was almost enough for Sirius to tell them both to stop. "Let's get going."

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:48 pm 

It was almost starling how quickly the pain returned to Remus' joint, once having left Sirius' embrace. Every step he took away from Sirius seemed to worsen the pain, and hadn't it been for the adrenalin, the sight of the patronus had released into his system, Remus was certain he would have collapsed; amazingly, Remus' legs kept moving even far after he had lost feeling in them.
His hands felt numb as he tore open the patio door, just as the hare had reached the doorstep. Immediately, Marlene's voice rang, calmly proclaiming: "Pumpkin pastry."
"Oh, thank Merlin," Remus exhaled, not realising he had been holding his breath out of sheer fear. Marlene's patronus hadn't been sent in a panic. His relief cut ahead of Marlene's voice listing off a series of coded coordinates, and he was barely able to register beyond the fact that she was safe. "Let's go -"

Remus was so deeply exhausted, he was certain he could go to sleep and never wake up; this was, however, a repeating sensation. He knew rationally it must be close to 9 am on the morning after the moon, but in the windowless bathroom it was hard to tell that dawn had broke; and after all, it didn't matter much.
Remus was seated on the bathroom counter, his bare back and legs resting against the cool mirror and stone counter. Every single muscle in his body felt tense and sore after the night, but it was nothing compared to the pain he had felt in his joints before.
He was wearing nothing but boxers, and the only reason he was still somewhat awake was on Sirius' request, who wanted to clean his wounds before getting into dirty sheets. Remus himself felt like he had survived the night in fairly good shape.
Ever since Remus had started spending the moons in the basement bunker, the amounts of cuts he afflicted onto himself was decreased drastically; now, it had been common for him to get asphalt burns on his shoulders and knees after trashing at the concrete walls and floor.
Distractedly, Remus had turned his head to his left, inattentively scratching at the skin bordering to the graze that covered the better part of his left shoulder and forearm. "How much do you think it would take to get the entire basement padded?"
Without turning his head, his eyes found Sirius and a tired smile appeared on his lips.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:45 pm 

Ever since Remus had started spending his moons in the bunker, his wounds had gotten way less serious and ugly looking. However, they still required proper care and Sirius was very strict about that, not wanting Remus to get even more scarred if it wasn't necessary.
As they were standing together in the bathroom, Remus sitting on the counter and Sirius standing in front of him, running a wet cloth over his wounds in preparation for the disinfectant. It would feel too intimate, if it wasn't for the fact that they had been in that situation a million times before, so it was almost second nature by now. Somebody needed to take care of Remus, especially considering that he didn't seem to be really good at taking care of himself.
"I don't know. I think we could get it done rather easily with magic," he said in a soft voice, as he grabbed Remus' hand to stop him from picking at his scraps. "Why? Getting sick of asphalt burns?"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:58 am 

Remus couldn't help but smile at the gesture, not finding it in himself to even attempt to free his wrist from Sirius' grip. It hadn't taken long for Remus to accept that, no matter what he did, his wounds were inevitably going to heal raised and ghastly; which only meant that Remus' heart was about to burst with love every time he saw how much attention and patience, Sirius put into the cleaning of the wounds.
Unable to put any of that into words, Remus pulled his hand back, effectively bringing Sirius' hand along with it.
"I don't know," Remus sighed, exhausted. The comment had been more rhetorical than literal, and Sirius' constructive suggestion caught him off guard.
Needing a moment to come up with an equally witty response, Remus lifted his wrist to eye level in order press the back of Sirius' hand against his lips. The kiss was intended to be platonic, but lasted far too long, as Remus once again was overcome with eternal gratitude.
When Remus finally lowered their hands, he once again lent back against the mirror with a crooked grin appearing on his face. "I feel like they're ruining my look."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:50 pm 

Sirius was completely taken aback by the kiss of his hands, even if it was no more scandalous than any of the kisses him and Remus had shared in the past, but there was something different about it this time around, even if Sirius couldn't quite put his finger on it. He decided not to think too much of it, not wanting to accidentally make things weird between himself and Remus after all, so he simply returned his attention to his wounds.
"I am trying to stop them from doing that," he said with a soft smile, not looking up from what he was doing, but retracting his hand.
Once he deemed that the job was done, he pulled away from Remus, having not minded their closeness, but also not seeing the point to it, now that he was done.
"All better."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:27 pm 

Remus just hummed at that, sensing that Sirius hadn't taken it as the joke it was intended to be. Remus' body was covered in an irregular mess of scars, and the added patchily healed graze would not make the difference between pretty and unsightly. He wanted to say that out loud, as if to reassure Sirius - as if to take away some of the blame, he feared he had lad upon Sirius
"Thank you," he eventually settled, slighting slightly in his position before pushing himself off of the counter, effectively eliminated the space between them, Sirius had created between them. Remus, however, didn't linger much upon it.
He turned in his step, actively turning his head away from the mirror as he edged past Sirius. While Remus had gotten used to the sight of his own reflection, he always had a hard time stomaching a full view of himself after the moon. Not making any further comment, Remus exited the bathroom, crossed the hallway and disappeared off into his bedroom, leaving the door open behind him.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:20 pm 

Taken aback by the sudden closeness of Remus, even if it didn't last for long, Sirius couldn't get himself to move away. He knew that he should probably just go home, but there was something that made him want to stay. Of course, he was always greatly worried about Remus, but he knew that he was going to be fine. The moon was over, so all Remus had to do was rest and get back to himself again. It took a lot of energy to handle the transformation after all and it always took Remus at least a couple of days to make full recovery.
Not wanting to leave without saying anything, Sirius followed Remus to his bedroom, wanting to make sure that he got properly settled before he left him. It wasn't going to be for long though, Sirius knew himself well enough to know that he was going to be back already tomorrow to make sure he ate.
"Are you going to be okay?" He asked in a soft voice, wanting to be absolutely sure that Remus was going to be alright with him leaving.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:02 pm 

By the time Sirius entered his bedroom, Remus was already partially dressed. He was wearing a dark toned pair of pajamas pants, well aware that the set would become bloodstained through out the night. Sirius' question, however, made him stop in his tracks, before he was able to finish dressing himself. He had the matching shirt in his hands, and after momentarily meeting Sirius' eye, Remus yet again avoided eye contact.
"Yeah," he exhaled, before carefully pulling on the unbuttoned shirt. His shoulders felt restricted due to the bangages, and his skin was tender under the stiff cotton shirt. The hesitation in his voice came from Sirius' phrasing, not sure what to read into it. Sirius had very specifically asked if Remus was going to be okay, while not offering any further help. Knowing that made Remus' mouth go dry.
"I, uh," Remus started, almost by accident as he took in air, not having thought it fully through. It felt like too much to ask after the night they've just been through. "Yeah, I will be."
Remus paused, fidgeting with a button while seemingly unable to do it. Finally, he let out a soft: "Could you stay the night?"

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:37 am 

The vulnerability in Remus' voice was almost enough to end Sirius. He always wanted to be able to be there for Remus, but he also knew that there wasn't a lot to do after a moon for him. Apparently he had been wrong and it hurt him to know that Remus thought he had been about to abandon him, which was the last thing he wanted to do. It almost broke his heart.
"Of course," he said in a soft voice, as he moved in close again to help Remus button his pajama shirt, spotting him struggling with the buttons. Once he had finished with the buttons, he reached out to gently run his fingers through Remus' hair, hoping to comfort him somewhat. Physical touch and intimacy seemed to be a great source of comfort to Remus, especially directly after a moon. "Don't worry, I won't leave you until you make me. And I might even stick around after that, just to be sure."

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:32 pm 

Remus was suddenly overcome with a want to kiss Sirius. The feeling wasn't particularly foreign, in fact, it had happened with irregular intervals ever since Remus' early teenage years; Remus had, however, noticed that the feeling had become considerably more frequent as the war seemed to escalate around them.
The feeling of Sirius' hands first barely brushing against his chest and then, immediately after, the feeling of them in his hair sent a shiver down Remus' spine, bringing an exhausted smile onto his lips. There was a brief moment of pure adoration in his eyes, before it washed away with the realisation that getting to kiss Sirius was as unlikely now, as it was when he was 16.
"I love you," he said instead, his voice tired but nowhere near dishonest; somehow this was easier said than embodied. Remus' left hand gently found Sirius right wrist, and a hint of a crooked smile appeared onto his features. "I love you, but you don't know me if you think I would ever ask you to leave."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:12 pm 

Sirius' heart jumped in his chest when Remus told him he loved him. Sure, they have told each other that they love each other plenty of times, but lately it had become a lot different. They knew that they could lose each other at any day and Sirius simply figured that that was what did it. It was scary to know that you could lose your best friend at any second, but wasn't really allowed to let yourself think that.
"Well, then I will be sticking along for the rest of your life," he said with a crooked grin, not wanting to think too much of it and just wanting to be there for his best friend. "Now, get into bed so I can properly cuddle you, yeah?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm 

Remus just grinned at that; the smile was exhausted making it appear far more intimate than intended nor needed. There was something so grounding about Sirius' words which truly warmed Remus' heart. He yet again wanted to reciprocate the words with actions, but yet again found that that was impossibly hard to do. Remus had already asked Sirius to stay the night, and that already felt like too much.
"I will," he just answered, the grin still peaking forth on his lips as he finally took half a step backwards, untangling himself from Sirius' caress when doing so. Eventually, he glanced away too.
"You know you're welcome to help yourself to a change of clothes." He gestured towards the bedroom dresser with a tired movement of his hand, before completely turning around to move towards his bed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:06 pm 

Sirius simply shrugged at that, not really seeing the need to wear too much clothes. He tended to burn really hot when he was sleeping, so he didn't want to cover himself up too much. He just had to hope that it was okay with Remus, which he was only briefly considering as he took off his shirt.
"We're running this show shirtless, hope you don't mind," he said with a shrug as he stepped out of his jeans and made his way to the bed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next