All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Somewhere a string quartet played amongst the crowd of elegantly dressed rich men and women. Here and there small pockets of people engaged in conversation, ranging from the latest million spent, to the new things being developed at various companies and enterprises. It was the place to be for the most elite from all across America, even a few from overseas. Everyone that had been invited was here for a reason, not just because every single one of them was filthy rich, though that helped. Everyone here had developed something, or rather, their company had developed something that had gotten them an invite to this year's conference -- though it couldn't really be called that. It was more a get together, a ritzy gathering.

Hired staff moved through the guests with trays of appetizers and drinks, keeping the mood light. All the guests were content, or at least pretended to be, not wanting to upset the host, Mr. Bruce Wayne, the playboy himself. All the men acted as though he were the king, king of Gotham anyway, and the ladies played along, giggling like a bunch of school girls when ever the man showed them the slightest bit of attention. All but one man, Tony Stark.

Tony had ignored the invite when it had been brought to his attention by Pepper, saying he had better things to do than play the role of swanky billionaire. Naturally, Pepper had taken none of this and had forced him to attend anyway. Sulking near the bar where he had spent much of the night after the "king" had made his entrance to the applause of the multitudes, Tony rested his head on his hand, propped up by his elbow on the bar. He was ready to go, but Pepper was somewhere talking to other business leaders and "playing nice" as she had told him to do upon his earlier comments. He had a headache forming, probably from the amount he had drank, but also on account of all the bull crap he had already heard. Sighing, the man moved his hand to his forehead, casting his gaze downward, and closing his eyes -- hoping for the night to end already.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:12 pm 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Bruce was walking around the area stopping often to talk to people like fox and jim gordon who Bruce had invited to come to the event most of the people were other companies who were looking to partner with Wayne tech like Queen industries which was ran by one of his friend Oliver Queen but Oliver could not bother to come becasue he was out hunting most of the time. So he had sent some other representatives for the company which Bruce had talked to about a possible partnership . Bruce had been talking to fox for a while when he had seen the representatives of Stark Industries in the crowd Bruce noticed that everyone was here so it was time to give his speech to welcome everyone to the event. Bruce walked up to the front of the room and took one of the microphones "Hello everyone I just wanted to say welcome and to thank you for coming out here tonight I know that it was a long drive here for most of you but it is great to see so many industry repersetativs in the same building this is a chance for you to make partnership with not just Wayne Enterprises but with other companies as well and the last thing I wanted to say is welcome to Wayne manor and I hope you enjoy your time here." Bruce then put the microphone back and walked back into the crowd he did not like having to hold these events late at night but Fox had told him that it needed to be held tonight and he had requested his home for it he just needed to make sure no one found the Bat cave by accident that was all he needed to watch for.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:46 am 

Tony groaned when a man in a formal business suit approached him. 

"Mr. Stark, Starset Enterprises." The man slid a business card across the bar and held out a hand for Tony to shake. Ignore it, Tony picked up the card, glanced at it, and dropped it back onto the bar.

"Look buddy, if you want to talk partnerships and deals and whatnot, you're going to have to talk to my representative, Ms. Potts." He had lost count of how many times he had had to say this. "Now if you'll kindly move along." He made a 'shoo' motion with his hand. The man walked off, clearly a bit angry, but Tony didn't care. Standing, he cast an eye around for Pepper, hoping to find her and ask if they could go now. Having no luck, he was forced to move about among the people in search of her. 

He finally tracked her down, speaking to one of the Wayne Enterprise people. She stopped when he approached.
"Tony, I'd like for you to meet Lucian Fox." Tony shook the man's hand and flashed a brief smile before turning back to Pepper.

"Look, if you're done I'd really appreciate if we left now." He said to her in a low voice. 

"Tony." She said, silencing the man. 

"Fine, but can you at least speed things up a little?" Pepper shook her head and turned back to Lucian who was trying to catch Bruce Wayne's attention to call him over. Tony, crossing his arms, choose to stay with Pepper. Maybe if he did she would finally become fed up enough and they could go.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:30 pm 

just passing through

Bruce was talking with another representative when he saw Fox waving him over "there you are I have been looking for you Lucius" Bruce turned his attention to the two who were with Lucius he smiled at them "Bruce Wayne of Wayne enterprises". Lucius had introduced Bruce to them when he had walked over "well it is nice to meet you Tony and Pepper from Stark industries I hope you are having a good time here it is great to have you guys come and I hope that we can have a partnership with each other". Bruce pulled out a business card "this has the companies phone number if you ever want to talk or come and visit Wayne tower and it also had my phone number if you are visiting we can set up two of the guest rooms here if you wish to stay sometime". Bruce shook Pepper hand and handed her the card he then went and shook Tony's hand "I do hope your not to bored sir I you want I can give a personaly tour of the manor if you want just come find me when ever anyway I have to good talk with my friends Oliver Queen's representatives and I may have to find you later Fox we have somethings to talk about later". Bruce the walked back into the crowd of people where he disappeared into one of the other rooms of the manor he also had to check on the bat cave entrances to make sure none of them were open that was the one thing he didn't like about having these events at his place other then that it was pretty okay.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:51 pm 

Tony's bored expression never changed as Bruce gave his little speech as an introduction. When the man finally left to go talk to someone else, Tony turned to Pepper.
"You're not actually considering partnering with him are you?" He asked. Pepper ignored him as usual, too busy already getting into a conversation with someone else. Sighing, Tony decided to take Bruce up on his offer of a tour, anything was better than standing around here and getting ignored, especially since he couldn't leave until Pepper left if he didn't want an earful later. 
"I'm going to find Bruce." Tony said, though Pepper paid him no mind. 

As the man wove his way around the many guests who only seemed to multiply as time passed, maybe that was the drinks speaking, Tony managed to find a somewhat cleared room. Apart from two older men, the room was empty. It was nice to have a moment of piece an quiet for once, so Tony took this opportunity to look around a bit. It was all fairly fancy and expected of such a wealthy families manor, and Tony soon found himself at the grandfather clock. It looked antique, but something about it was wrong. Crossing his arms and placing one hand on his chin, Tony tried to figure out what was bothering him so much about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:04 pm 

just passing through

Bruce had finished talking to another business representative when he came to see Stark looking at the grandfather clock Bruce looked around to see if he was alone and came over to Stark and looked up at the clock "interesting is it not my father said that his father had given it to him and it has been here ever since". Bruce looked at Stark he could tell that he was trying to figure something out about the clock Bruce looked around "so did you want to take me up on my offer of the tour of the manor or do you want to stay here and look at a old clock for the rest of the night". Bruce waited for Starks answer. Bruce knew that this was one of the entrances to the Batcave and right now was not the best time for it to be discovered especially with a large group of people here Bruce wanted to get Stark away from it so that he did not figure out what was wrong with the clock.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 pm 

Not noticing the billionaire coming in, Tony was a little surprised by his sudden appearance next to him. Glancing between the man and the clock, Tony commented on Bruce's mini history lesson of the piece.

"I guess, I prefer the new over the old though." Returning his attention to the grandfather clock, Tony stepped forward and moved to run his hand along the frame when Bruce spoke up again. True, he didn't want to spend the night staring at the piece of furniture, was a clock even considered furniture? But Tony felt the tour might be equally as uninteresting if he was going to be informed of the backstory behind every item they passed. Unfortunately, his mouth wasn't listening to his brain and Tony heard himself accept the man's offer. 

A flicker of a thought passed over Tony Stark's foggy mind as he turned away from the item that had held his attention for so long. Bruce Wayne had seemed a little too anxious to get him away from the clock. What was he hiding? Either way it didn't matter, if a few hours he would be on his way home and the idea would likely never bother him again. Heck, he'd be lucky if he remembered half of what had happened tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 pm 

just passing through

Bruce took Tony on a tour of the manor telling small things about each of the items he did not want to bore his guest he just didn't want him to be near the clock anymore becasue Bruce knew something about that Stark didn't. Bruce brought tony to one room that was full of armor sets and old weapons "all of this was give to my family by our ancestors that lived here before us well that is pretty well everything here in the manor but enough about the manor mind telling me anything about your home becasue it would nice to know something new as I have discovered many things about my home town and my friends' homes towns as well". Bruce waited for an answer he looked over at the window to see the sky was dark it was getting late and it was soon time to end the event. Bruce was sure that most of the guest would ask him where they could spend the night so they didn't have to draive in the dark of Gotham and if it was raning that made it worse.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:20 am 

To say he was bored would be an understatement. Tony was beyond bored, how did one person remember so many details about every item in their house? Heck, as Tony where he had gotten some souvenir from last month and he wouldn't be able to tell you. Trudging along next to this man, Tony did his best to appear as though he were listening and taking an interest in what Bruce was saying, making sure Pepper wouldn't scold him for it later. Some way, some how, she would know. 

He was off on some daydream when Bruce's question cut into his thoughts. 

"Well, it's California. Sunny, beaches, new." Tony joked. On the way here he had noticed how old and traditional many parts of Gotham were, kind of like this manor. 

"Maybe you should come visit, get some sun." Tony laughed, following the man's gaze to the darkened window. 

"I guess you're ready for everyone to take off, give you some peace and quiet again to brood in your manor." Tony said, thinking back to old films he had seen with old cities and the men who owned them. "Can't blame you really, it's not exactly my kind of event." 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 am 

just passing through

Bruce was looking out at the darkening city he then turned his attention back to Tony when he heard what he had said "well not really I'm happy to see them all here but this is the latest that it has gone on even though this is not the first event to happen here." Bruce looked around the room and as for brooding I don't think that people have done that in forever" Bruce laughed at the thought. He looked back at Tony "well I guess we should get back to the main area of the party before they come looking for us come on" Bruce made his way back to the main area where the party was happening most of the people had left. Bruce walked into the crowd of people he made his way into the living area he decided to turn the tv on to the news to see if anything was happening tonight he then saw that there was a storm heading their way most of the guest had turned away from their conversations to look up at the news most of them decided to say good bye to Bruce and said that they were heading out before the storm got here and that they had to hurry Bruce understood most of them lived far away from here and it would be a long flight or drive back to their homes. after a while most of the people were gone except for a few people who lived near here the storm was coming closer and faster then before Bruce walked around his home to tell people who's flights had been cancelled he recommended hotels around Gotham for them to stay at.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:12 pm 

Tony laughed when Bruce said this was the latest an event like this had gone on. 

"You need to get out more!" He laughed again, remembering some of his own events that had gone on until the early hours of the morning. At least, the events themselves hadn't lasted that long, but the parties many of them evolved into had. Following the man back to the main area, Tony couldn't help but comment.

"I don't know, Pepper might give up and just leave without me." When they got back, Tony noted the lack of people, making the room emptier than before. He spotted Pepper talking to some guy and moved to stand next to her. His attention though wasn't on the conversation but on the weather forecast. 

"Just what we need." He muttered under his breath. Pulling out his phone, Tony saw that they had zero chance of getting out of here without getting caught in this freak storm, and with a few clicks it was determined that many of the hotels in the area were filling up fast. Sighing loudly, he put the device back in his pocket. Pepper, having finished turned to him.

"Any hotels available?" She asked. 

"Not unless we leave five minutes ago and not have anymore distractions." Tony replied. He saw Pepper frown and turn in search of somebody. Oh course, it was Bruce. Having an idea that she was going to ask him if he knew anywhere else nearby where they could stay, Tony crossed his arms and shifted his weight to one foot, giving her the 'hurry up' look from where he waited.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:34 am 

just passing through

Bruce had turned around to see Pepper he listened to what she asked him "well most of the hotels are almost full but there is room here at the manor just until the storm passes hopefully soon but knowing Gotham it might last over night so there are a few hotels that have maybe a few rooms open I can make some calls to them". Bruce pulled out his phone and dialed every hotel he had the number for all of which were full "well you just might be out of luck all the ones I know that are near here are all full so it looks like that you may need to spend a night here and it is really not a problem here I'll get Alfred to show you the one of the guest rooms". Bruce found Alfred and asked him to show Tony and Pepper to one of the guest rooms they had Bruce then continued to help the other guest that were still looking for a hotel or anywhere to stay to spend the night. Bruce knew that Tony probably did not want to stay any longer then he had to but since there was only the rooms in his manor that were free that was all that he could offer them. Bruce saw that mostly everyone was gone they were finding ways home other then the ones whose flights were cancelled because of the storm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 pm 

Tony couldn't believe his ears. Not only were they stuck in Gotham of all places, but now they would be staying at Wayne Manor, just his luck. He put on a smile as Pepper approached.

"Well?"

"We're stuck here for the night, but Mr. Wayne has offered us a guestroom." She informed him of what he already knew. Tony sighed.

"I was really hoping there was an alternate plan." He muttered to her as a butler, whom he assumed was Alfred, led them up one of the elaborate staircases.

The room was nice, Tony would give it that, but it also had that weird antique 'don't-touch-anything-in-case-it-breaks' feeling. He heard Pepper thanking Alfred, and the man saying that if they needed anything to let him know before the door closed.

Loosening his tie, Tony dropped on to the bed and closed his eyes.

"Finally." He sighed, hearing Pepper behind him. 

"We'll leave first thing in the morning. Now let's get some sleep, it's a long drive." She kissed Tony before moving around to the other side of the bed and crawling under the blankets. Tony kicked his shoes off and shifted to lay next to her, but sleep didn't come. He wasn't sure if it was that last drink he had had, or just the circumstances, but the billionaire could not fall asleep for the life of him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 pm 

just passing through

Bruce had waited till all the guest had left to go to a hotel or try to get home Bruce walked over to the grandfather clock and opened the secret entrance to the bat-cave there probably would not be much crime in the city tonight but he just needed to make sure that everything was good in Gotham before he even thought about going to bed and he also still needed to finish go over and completing reports from last night.

Bruce knew that Tony and Pepper would not notice his disappearance at least for a while Bruce looked through the files on the Bat-computer Alfred had come down once in a while bringing him food or drink even a update on the storm it was supposed to stay into the next morning. Bruce did not know what to do Tony and Pepper would have to stay tomorrow because the storm did not want to let up but that was Gotham for you a big storm came every so often and you never knew when until it was hear.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 pm 

Tony had ended up finally falling asleep after what felt like hours. Usually on nights like this where sleep was just outside of his grasp, the inventor would just go to his workshop and tinker on something until he could hardly keep his eyes open. Then, and only then, would he crawl back into bed to sleep away most of the morning, that is if Pepper didn't have him booked for something that day. Occasionally he would just fall asleep hunched over one of his work tables, giving him a serious crick in his neck when he woke up.

When the billionaire woke up, he was seriously disoriented. It took him a few minutes, and a few attempts at sitting up without needing to stop for the spinning room, before he remembered everything that had happened. The party, the booze, the storm. Standing and stretching, Tony made his way to the large windows to pull open the heavy curtain. He briefly wondered if Bruce would be interested in having an AI system like JARVIS installed to do little things like this, as well as telling him the storm was still raging on without him having to get up and out of bed. Letting the thick material fall back into place, Tony made his way back to the large bed and dropped down onto it with a groan. He was pretty sure they were not going anywhere any time soon yet, and he was fully content with sleeping the rest of the morning? Afternoon? Whatever it was, away. Seriously, how did people live here?

Tony had just closed his eyes, one arm thrown over his eyes when he heard a soft knock at the door.

"Go away." Tony grumbled, rolling over to press his face into one of the many pillows as he heard the door open.

"Mister Stark, sir. I have come to inform you that breakfast will be served in about an hour should you like to join Master Wayne. Miss Potts has already descended and has asked that I ensure you are awake." Bruce's butler...Alfred? Yeah, that sounded right, spoke before once more closing the door with an audible click. Tony allowed for a few seconds to tick by before he sighed and rolled back into a sitting position on the edge of the bed. Finding his shoes and discarded jacket, the billionaire straightened his shirt, wishing he had thought ahead to bring a change of clothes or something, and left the room.

He managed to find his way back downstairs to where they had been the night previous, and found himself being led by Pepper towards the smaller dining room. She was talking about something, but Tony's brain was not ready for conversation just yet. When they were both sitting, supposedly waiting on Bruce to arrive, Tony stopped Pepper with one hand.

"Hold on, coffee first." The inventor said, pouring himself a mug of the dark liquid, his go to morning beverage which usually turned into him downing a whole pot before doing much of anything.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:22 am 

just passing through

Bruce had been woken up by Alfred a few moments ago he had gotten dressed and was now looking out the window the storm was still going on he knew that there was not going to be anyway out of gotham until this storm passed. After awhile Bruce decided to make his way downstairs Bruce walked into the dining room he smiled when he saw Pepper and Tony were both awake “good morning ”. Bruce sat down at the table he thanked Alfred for the coffee and then turned his attention to Tony and Pepper “I really had hoped this storm would have moved on by today but I guess not but that’s Gotham for you one day its good and there is nothing going on and the next there is a storm that comes out of nowhere”. Bruce kind of laughed at that but it was true Gotham’s weather was very strange one day it could be a good clear day and then it could be raining the next. Bruce looked at the clock “I guess I won’t be making the meeting today” Bruce looked around the room and started to think of somethings that they could do for the day to pass the time. Bruce looked around the room there was not a lot of things to do but he was sure he could think of something to do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 pm 

Tony was already on his third cup of coffee, much to Pepper’s displeasure, when Bruce finally walked in. Pepper greeted the billionaire, Tony only gave a groan as his head continued to pound. How much had he drank last night? One hand wrapped around the mug, the other came to press at his temple as he closed his eyes. Before he could ask for something for the headache, Alfred was handing him a couple of pills which he gratefully took.

The news Bruce gave did nothing to lightened Tony’s mood.

“So what you’re saying is we’re stuck in grims town for another day at least?” Tony muttered, not at all pleased with the turn of events. This was supposed to have been one evening, there and back, not a prolonged trip! Feeling Pepper kick his shin, Tony shot her a glare.

“What the hell was that for?” He asked as Pepper turned to Bruce, an apologetic expression on her face.

“I’m sorry Mr. Wayne, Tony’s never been much of a morning person, or well, good at keeping his mouth shut.” She shot the last part at the man in question who simply shrugged and gulped down the rest of his coffee. Holding up the empty mug, Tony addressed Alfred.

“Hey Alfie, can I get a refill over here?” Concern was written all over the butler’s face as he brought the pot over.

“Sir I’m really not sure you should have anymore. This is your --” Alfred was cut off with a wave of Tony’s hand.

“I practically live off of this stuff, so don’t worry about it.” Taking a sip, Tony looked out the windows at the grey world. “I think I prefer California, sun, sun, and more sun. You should take a trip there.” He gestured to Bruce with his mug. “Get some colour or something.” This earned Tony another kick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:49 pm 

just passing through

Bruce laughed at Tony’s remark about the town “It's alright Miss Pepper I guess Gotham is not for everyone and hopefully the storm dose move on by tomorrow morning”. Bruce drank from his mug and listened to Tony and thought about the option of taking a trip to California “I might thing about doing that it would be a change from here but I might take you up on that”. Bruce looked around the manor then turned his attention back to his guest Bruce set down his mug “I guess since there is not much else to do I could tell you a little bit about Wayne enterprises and maybe you could tell me a little about your company Stark Industries. Bruce stood up and moved around the the room “Alfred do you mind getting me the papers that lucius gave me” . Bruce was interested to hear what Stark Industries was all about and hopefully get a new business partner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:58 pm 

“Hey, change can be a good thing.” Tony said in response to Bruce. “And a little sun wouldn’t hurt...unless you’re all a city of vampires.” He laughed. “But seriously, when was the last time Gotham had anything even remotely nice weather wise?” He gulped down the rest of his coffee before setting the mug down and getting up to look out one of the windows. Making a sound of disgust, Tony moved away from the sight of clouds, rain, and gloom.

As Bruce began to ask about talking business, Tony had to stop himself from rolling his eyes, and only because Pepper was watching him. Settling for crossing his arms, Tony watched Alfred leave the room in search of those papers he had been asked for before turning back to Bruce.

“Not sure what all you want to know. Is that not what last night was all about?” He asked, once more taking a seat and helping himself to the fresh pot of coffee placed on the table. “It’s mainly focused on clean energy initiatives, some robotics, and other science branches. Ever been to a Stark Expo?” He asked, almost as an afterthought.

It was weird giving the rundown of the business, Tony usually let Pepper do that, but she was also slowly handing things back over to him, and it would look better if the owner and CEO of the company actually knew what he was talking about when people asked questions.

“What about you, what do the Waynes do?” Tony had a feeling he had been informed of what they did before, but at the moment it was slipping him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:26 am 

just passing through

Bruce listened to Tony’s remark that change is a good thing Bruce had thought about visiting California Bruce looked out the window “for some reason we all find this normal because we very rarely have good weather and when we do”. Bruce just shrugged “Gotham is a complicated town we would much rather have rain and thunderstorms over sun for some reason” Bruce thanked Alfred for the flies about Wayne enterprises setting it on the table beside him. Bruce then turned his attention back to Tony as he told him about what Stark industries did Bruce found it interesting “No I have never been to one or even really heard of it” Bruce had only been to a few events where different companies showed off their inventions and findings that their labs made in the chemical or medical field. Bruce smiled when Tony asked what his company exactly did “well Wayne Tech which is one of or largest divisions in Wayne enterprise is in charge of making more advanced technology but we also research many different fields such and transportation, Medical, Biotech and much more.” Bruce opened one of the flies beside him and flipped through it finding a paper of one of their projects and handed it over to Pepper for her and Tony to look over “It is a plan to make a new form of technology in our transportation division that will make an impact but we are lacking the tech to try and build it and that is why we are reaching out to different companies around the world but not just this one thing we have many other projects as well”. Bruce looked through the files again looking for any of the other projects the company was thinking of making but he didn’t find any “well it seems that is the only one I have to show right now but if we can count on you as a partner then we will be happy to share anything else we have”.

A few days later
Bruce stepped out of the car that had dropped him off at Tony’s home Bruce shielded his eyes from the sun this was way different then Gotham Bruce Than climbed into the car he had sent over here a silver Lamborghini and followed the directions to get to Tony’s home.