All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

_____
It might not have been the most gracious of moves to bring your ex to a party you had been invited to by the guy you were currently dating, but Draco honestly didn't know what else to do. Chad had been begging him him to show up to this lacrosse mixer, but Blaise was only in town for a limited period of time and Draco would find it rude if he didn't at least try to hang out with him.
The tension of palpable between the three men, but Draco decides to pay no mind to it. He could be friends with his ex without it having to mean anything, no matter what other people might think about it; including Chad, who was staring daggers at the two of them.
It probably wasn't helpful that Blaise had an arm wrapped around Draco's waist, under the guise of not wanting to lose him in the crowd. Draco obviously knew better, but he also didn't want to bother discuss it with him. Chad could think what he wanted to think, because Draco knew that he would honestly always care more about Blaise's opinion than just about anyone else's. It wasn't an ideal scenario by any standards, but that had to be an issue for later.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm 

It was an intentional choice to stay on the water wagon for the evening, and as the tension in the room grew, Harry was very glad he had. Given the conversations around him, Harry didn't judge that many other's were hung up on the Mexican stand off across the room, which in turn had his full attention.
"Who the hell did he bring with him?" asked Ron, sitting the backrest of a sofa. He had followed Harry's eye towards the company. "Chad looks like he's gonna murder him."
"It's his ex," Harry answered, making Ron turn towards him in sheer surprise. Blaise hadn't introduced himself as an ex boyfriend, but over the course of the last couple of days, Harry had gathered that they had been more involved than just having dated a couple of times. "I met him when came by the flat."
"No wonder Chad's that on edge."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

"Don't you think that you are being a little much?" Draco softly asked Blaise, fully trained in the art of talking with the person next to him, without the other people around them hearing. He and Blaise had attended quite a few fancy galas after all, so they knew the drill.
Upon the comment, Blaise only tightened his grip around Draco, pulling him slightly closer and, as a result, causing Chad to stare at them with even more fire in his eyes. Blaise didn't seem to even notice the jock, but Draco knew that he had.
"No, but I do think that this might be," he said with a crooked grin, before leaning in to place a kiss on Draco's jaw. It was such an obvious attempt to escalate the situation, but Draco couldn't really find it in himself to mind. It was stupid and unnecessary, but Draco was simply too weak for Blaise and he probably always would be.
"Don't," Draco said, but his heart obviously wasn't in it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:43 am 

Despite the fact that the lacrosse frat house felt like it was filled to the brim, Harry's attention was fixated on the car crash unfolding before him. Somewhere to his right he heard Ron laugh out a surprised oh **** at the sudden shift in tone between Draco and Blaise; the gesture suddenly felt so intimate that Harry had to advert his eye, feeling like he was prying on them. Instead, his eyes found Chad, standing a couple of yards away.
Even taken the distance, the dim lighting and the loud music into consideration, Harry knew exactly was was going through Chad's mind. The lacrosse player didn't meet his eyes, and Harry didn't even attempt to follow it, well aware of who he was looking at.
"It's gunna get ugly," Ron offered, having too turned to watch Chad's reaction unfold.
"Yeah," Harry just exhaled, almost exhausted. "Chad's gonna snap."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:13 am 

Blaise seemed very pleased about the reaction he was getting from Draco, even if he could risk that the room would turn against him. It wasn't something he really feared though, seeing as he technically wasn't doing anything wrong. Draco at least didn't stop him, so he assumed that it was alright with him.
Definitely feeling like a billion set of eyes were watching them, Draco decided to untangle from Blaise, not wanting to draw more attention unto themselves than absolutely necessary. He already knew that Chad was furious, but he honestly couldn't find it in himself to care about Chad; what he cared about was the rest of the lacrosse team not getting the wrong idea about it all.
"I'll go get us something to drink, yeah? You can mingle if you like," he said, figuring that that was a safer bet. A little distance would also help Draco to think straight and behave appropriately around Blaise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:16 pm 

Upon inviting Draco to the mixer, Chad had had some expectations as to how this evening was going to unfold; but nothing he could ever have imagined would be up to par with what was unfolding in front of him.
It had been surprising in and of itself to see Draco bring another guy, but as the evening progressed, Draco hadn't introduced the man to Chad. For a while, that had been the worst case scenario, but suddenly the man's arm was around Draco's waist and suddenly, Chad had had to witness the man plant a kiss on Draco's jaw, effectively making Chad's blood boil.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:21 pm 

Once Draco had managed to get away from Blaise, he made his way to the kitchen to get them something to drink. He hadn't even thought to introduce Blaise to Chad; in fact, he hadn't even thought about the blond lacrosse player since they had arrived at the mixer, despite the fact that he had been the one to ask Draco to come. It was mostly Blaise's fault; Draco just didn't seem to be able to properly think around him and he knew that a little too well.
It was nice to get a little away from Blaise, even if it was just to get drinks for the two of them. He hoped that the alcohol would help to remove his focus a little, but he doubted that that was going to be the case.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am 

The moment Draco untangled himself from the mans grip, Chad finally managed to deflect his gaze. He had been standing with a couple of teammates and a single invitee, and was quick to excuse himself from a conversation he hadn't participated in for the last twenty minutes.
Without waiting for a reaction he turned around and edged past a couple of people. For a moment he considered going straight to the man who had until now clung to Draco's side, but decided, in the last moment, to be the bigger man and turn to Draco for an explanation.
"Hey," he said as he crossed the doorstep and into the kitchen.
Chad hadn't previously been aware of the attention that had been drawn to them, but he suddenly saw how people left the kitchen, presumably sensing the tension in Chad's voice, even when he hadn't intended for it to be there.
"What's going on?" he pressed on, doing his very best to sound unaffected by the ordeal, wanting to give Draco the benefit of the doubt. "Who's he?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 pm 

Mostly focused on pouring punch into red solo cups, Draco hadn't noticed Chad approach him. He wasn't surprised that the appearance of Blaise caused some annoyance to Chad. He didn't know what he was in relation to Draco, so it was only natural that he felt insecure. It didn't help that Draco couldn't reject that he and Blaise were something, seeing as he would always go back to Blaise if he got the chance. It wasn't something he was proud of, but it was a fact.
"Hey," he said, only then looking up at the lacrosse player. He didn't really know what to tell Chad though, seeing as he didn't want to cause a scene, but he also knew that Chad was not going to be happy no matter what he told him.
"That's Blaise, he's my ex," he said, not even daring to think how Chad was going to react to that. "He is in town for a couple of days, so I decided to bring him."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:32 pm 

Chad had gone into the kitchen thinking he was prepared for the worst possible news; and yet, Draco introducing the man as his ex amazingly was a worse punch in the gut than expected. There was something deeply hurtful about the nonchalant invitation of the other man; almost more than had it been a stranger Draco was only now getting flirt with.
"Oh", he just let out.
Clenching his jaw, Chad looked away and out through the doorway he had just entered. He felt numbed, shaken to his core more than furious, and he didn't know how to proceed. "That was nice of you," he attempted, through the collectedness of his voice sounded forced even to his own ears.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 pm 

Draco wasn't stupid. He could tell that Chad was very tense and obviously did not approve of him inviting Blaise around, but he couldn't find it in himself to care all that much about it. Blaise was only going to be in town for a couple of days and Draco just didn't want to waste any of those. In fact, he had almost considered opting out of the mixer entirely, but in the end he had decided to just bring Blaise around and handle the consequences.
"He won't be in town for long, so I wanted to make the most of it," he said in a calm voice, only then looking up from his pouring of the drinks. "But maybe you have an issue with that?"

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:09 am 

Though Draco was much more successful in keeping his voice calm, the sharpness of the question almost surprised Chad, who turned to finally meet Draco's eye straight on.
"With you? None at all," he answered, and this time, his sincerity was evident. Chad had no issue with Draco inviting an old friend to a social gathering, and, in any other context, Chad wouldn't have minded the fact that they used to date. They were all living on top of each other at college, after all, and Chad himself couldn't nor wanted to completely eliminate old boyfriends from his social group. "With him kissing you?"
A pause followed the question, not out of drama but out of necessity. Chad could feel the tension between them, and though he knew he was the one to blame, he didn't want to escalate the issue - not with Draco, at least. "Yeah, a little."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:54 pm 

It wasn't that Chad was being unreasonable, in fact, he was being very reasonable about the entire thing; yet Draco still couldn't help but feel that he was being treated unfairly. Sure, he and Blaise were probably a lot closer than what good were, but that was his business and his business alone. He really didn't think that it was Chad's place to make any comments about who kissed him and who didn't.
"It's not a big deal. We go way back and old habits die hard. There is no reason to suddenly make this weird," he said, still looking at Chad, while softly cocking his head to the side, as if daring the lacrosse player to challenge him on it. "So we are a little more touchy feely than I am with most other people, there is no reason to overthink that."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:36 pm 

How quick Draco was to defend his actions completely caught Chad unprepared, and for a brief moment, the shock was clearly painted upon his features. Chad was fully at a loss of words, feeling Draco was insinuating things Chad hadn't come close to saying.
"Are you trying to pick a fight with me?" Chad stuttered out; in the back of his mind he knew he should probably just drop the subject. "What's going on here -"
Chad cut himself off, shaking his head as he did. He knew what Draco was attempting to do, and Chad was not going to allow it. With a knot forming in his throat, he continued: "I'm not trying to make your thing weird, Draco, I'm just bothered that you've been avoiding me the entire evening - this is the first thing you've said to me since you came."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:06 pm 

Draco knew that he had been a little too quick to defend himself, but that was probably because he knew that he was overreacting. He was still way too attached to Blaise and he didn't want to have to defend that to Chad. He should have just introduced them and gotten it over with, but he also knew that there was no way Blaise would behave around Chad, so it had just been easier to keep them separate. There was no way he was going to be able to explain that to Chad though, at least not without making it seem like a much bigger deal than it already way.
"I am not trying to pick a fight," he said, defensively. He really didn't want to fight about this, but he was also going to defend himself if he had to. "I am sorry that I didn't prioritise you, but Blaise isn't going to be in town for long, so I decided to prioritise spending time with him."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm 

Chad didn't know where to being and, frankly, if he even should begin. He could already tell that no matter what he said, Draco would already have a defense ready far before Chad even got to finish his sentence; and yet, it was as if the knot in his throat pushed up words before he could even realise that he had said them.
"You're acting like a child, Draco," Chad snapped, surprising even himself. "In what world does it have to be either or? Do you really think I can't be civil around someone, just because he's your ex?"
Having said it out loud, Chad realized that that was where the hurt laid. Draco clearly didn't trust Chad to not cause a scene because he had brought his ex to a party, and it hurt Chad knowing that that was how he was coming across right now. "My problem isn't with him kissing or groping you, it's with you letting him."

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 am 

It wasn't really fair to Chad, but Draco couldn't help it. He knew that Chad was probably going to be civil, he was a great guy after all, but he doubted that Chad knew exactly what it entailed to be around Blaise nor how he was going to react to him. Blaise was definitely the one who was going to be the problem, but Draco couldn't find a way to explain that, without it seeming like he kept Blaise around just out of spite.
"Oh, I'm sorry," Draco said, though his tone clearly indicated that he wasn't. They were starting to gain the attention of the rest of the crowd, but Draco honestly didn't care. He wasn't about to let Chad win this one, no matter how wrong he might've been. "I guess I will just completely alter the way I act around an old friend of mine to appease you. That seems fair."

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:27 pm 

Chad clenched his jaw at that, yet again finding that Draco was - either actively or simply because he wasn't paying that much attention - completely misinterpreting Chad's point; whenever Draco seemed to fire back Chad's words it felt like it had been twisted out of proportion.
"Your friendship isn't worth **** if it you can't go without him groping your ass," Chad finally snapped. This was the first time he truly felt like his anger had gotten the best of him, and he was fuming knowing Draco had succeeded in riling him up. And still, he couldn't seem to shut up. "And you fully well know that, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten so ****ing defensive when all I've done is ask who the hell he is."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:06 pm 

Draco knew that he was terribly unreasonable, but he still couldn't help but feel mad about the situation. He wanted Chad to stay out of his business, but also also knew that that was an unfair thing to ask. They were dating after all, even if Draco wasn't too keen on admitting it, so he also knew that Chad wasn't making unreasonable requests, but it still annoyed him.
"You know what? Forget it," he said with a shake of his head, completely over the entire situation. He put down the two cups he was holding and started backing away from Chad, not wanting to make a huge racket about this. He really needed to get away for a bit.
"Sorry for bringing a friend around," he said before he moved away from Chad and going out to find Blaise again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:10 pm 

Chad was fuming when Draco left him behind in the kitchen. In the very moment Draco turned his back on him to leave, exiting the room as if he was in the right, Chad almost felt sick. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew, that Draco had intentionally pushed every single one of his buttons, wanting to anger him to a point where his words could be dismissed as being unreasonable; Chad knew that, and that almost made it worse.
With a clenched jaw, Chad shifted in his position, turning towards the wetbar.

Once the couple had exited the living room, everybody else had seemingly gone back to each their previous conversation except for Harry. To his left, Ron had engaged in a conversation with the guys sitting on the sofa to his left, allowing Harry to focus his attention on the argument unfolding in the kitchen. From where he was standing, he could neither see nor properly hear what they were saying, but never the less their voices filled the room like a bass track that was out of time with the music.
Shifting his position slightly, he realized he could see Draco's back reflected in the glass of a wall mounted picture frame.
Suddenly, however, Draco turned around and momentarily Harry though that they had locked eyes in the reflection. He quickly adverted his glance moments before Draco exited the kitchen, apparently paying Harry no mind as he rejoined his date.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next