Post subject: Crystal Tree OOC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:09 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Trees as tall as mountains, they say. It is true, they are that tall. They're our trees. Our guardians. Our deities. They float in bottomless craters, with their roots not sinking into the ground but wrapped around the largest crystals ever seen that shine bright as the moon on dark nights. The canopy of the tree overshadowing a village that has been built from the edge of the crater. These villages are sworn to protect the tree, treating them as deities and gods/goddesses to worship. Giving them names and celebrating in the trees shadow, giving offerings to the tree that they believe is there to protect and keep their village safe. Several of these mountainous trees exist on this planet. All of them in bottomless craters, all of them taller than mountains, all of them with roots wrapped around giant crystals though uniquely each tree has a crystal of different colors and types, and all of them have a village under their canopy, sworn to protect the tree with their very lives.

These villages consist of people with no special power, no special gift, but a will and only goal in life is to worship and protect the trees that protect their own home. The villagers worship the tree and hold special traditions in hopes of gaining gifts and insights into the future. One tradition includes bringing newborn babies to the small bridge that goes out above the crater before halting right before the truck of the tree, laying the new born in front of it and praying, wishing for a gift to their new born or a sign in the direction the life of the new born will take. Always a leaf will fall from and land on the baby's stomach . This leaf will usually hold a mark or symbol that, after years of study, have been given meaning. These marks could be an insight of the future of the baby, the skills the baby will grow to have, the path they are to take in life, hints to the fated love one they will once find, or the invention they will make that will save the village one day. Never a bad omen is given.

Once in a generation, when a new born is laid in front of the tree, a small crystal necklace will slowly descend and lay on the baby's chest. The crystal, small and wrapped with strong wood that holds it to the necklace, is always the same color as the crystal the tree holds onto by its roots. Only one villager is given a crystal necklace in their village during their generation and once that villager has passed on, the crystal breaks into several little pieces that slowly fade away and usually another new born is given the crystal necklace by the tree soon after.

Those gifted with the crystal necklace gain supernatural abilities. These supernatural abilities range in unique ways and these powers are believed to be gifts from the trees, power bestowed upon the best and proudest, the ones that will grow to become leaders. The crystals from each tree are different and seem to give different powers depending on the type of crystal. Since all crystals are different for each tree, each village under their tree has what they call a Chosen One that is given a crystal from their tree and gifted with unique super powers unlike any other on the planet.

Many believe those bestowed with the crystal necklace are given the powers of the tree itself, some say they're the tree's soul that is reincarnated into these babies each generation to walk among the people, some believe it is just a gift given to those the tree believes to be powerful. No matter the belief, these Chosen Ones all have a unique colorful crystal around their neck, all different in color, and all given unique supernatural powers.

To do what with? To protect their village and their tree as most believe and practice? Or is it for something else entirely? I guess that's for them to decide.

So, this is just a little idea that came from a dream I had. It's very open to whatever ideas you may want to throw in there. The top is just sort of an idea of what the world is like. You guys can be a chosen one from one of the villages or anything else, like some priestess of the tree of something like that or a baker or a leader of the village or something. Literally, anything.

This will probably be a slow RP, I'm not going to require any sort of posting timeline. As long as you let me know you're still interested when the RP goes quiet for awhile, I have no problem waiting for replies.

This will be a "loose" posting order. Sort of what I like to do is make up rounds of when to post and then during that round each person can make one post with no order needed. As en example:

Round 1:
Person 1 post
Person 2 post
Person 3 post

Round 2:
Person 2 post
Person 3 post
Person 1 Post

You can't double up on posts in a round, but you can make a post at anytime during a round. The round will end after each person has had a post. If we're waiting on someone and they're okay with being skipped (I'll probably ask after about a month of no post or say so if I haven't seen the person on in a long time, generally one month), then I'll let everyone know that the next round has started and you can post when you want. I feel this works for keeping a roleplay active when others may be busy but at the same time stops the RP from going off on a 1x1 between two people.

If you guys would prefer a different posting order of some kind, I'm open to any suggestions!

It will be a sandbox like world. I may throw out something that makes it into a sort of plot idea later on that people can jump onto or not, but for now it's an open world!

Villages can be close by to one another or at a distance, so depending on what you want you can meet other people's character early or later on or not at all and be that awesome lone wolf that all the fangirls love.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Also, share ideas! I love when people put ideas in and share their thoughts. A lot of times they're really great ideas and I'm generally all for them if everyone else is.

Below is an optional character sheet if you want to fill out. The only thing I'll probably require is just the name of your character. This way, if I forget your characters name, I can look here and pretend I never forgot it in the first place... >.> Also! If you plan on being a chosen one, I'll need to know your supernatural abilities since the way the world is, we can't have an matching ones. I'll write a list down of what abilities have been taken and by who.

You're more than welcome to have more than one character.

There may come a chance later on that you may be asked if you want to add a special "second" character to your list. I haven't decided yet.

The Character we have so far!

Yue - Yue Estivale - Ice and Water
Yue - Lucas Dracon
Botany - Eulalia Loncar
cuteharuna - Amilia Evarista - Force energy field
QuiteContrary - Bard Birjin - Fire
CanadianWolf - working on character

Optional character sheet:

Name:
Role:
If Chosen One, supernatural abilities:
If Chosen One, Crystal Stone (color and type): Here's a link to help determine possible crystal types to elements that I found: http://www.sunnyray.org/Crystals-elements.htm. However, none of your crystals need to match this if you want to try something else or a power that isn't elemental. This is just a little guide I found that I thought would be helpful.
Personality:
Appearance:
Skills:
Whatever other details you want to add like background, random extra details, etc.:

Name: Yue Medya Estivale
Sex/Gender: Female
Role: Chosen One
Supernatural Abilities: Elemental water and ice control.
Crystal Stone: Aquamarine; a very light blue
Personality: Yue is the type of person to be caring to those around her. She tends to pay closer attention to those who are not as strong as many others, like children and elderly, feeling that it's her duty to be the one to protect them and keep them safe. She encourages strength in others. She will generally try and lend a hand if she notices someone in need of help. She is confident in her abilities but is not a show off and tends to hide her skills and powers, feeling that she doesn't want to be treated special or feared and prefers to be part of the crowd than be any sort of leader even though she'll step up to a leadership role if necessary because it's in her personality to just move when someone needs to be protected without much thought, even if it dangers her life. She isn't a fan of being called a "Chosen One" and finds that many of the worship to her to be ridiculous. She does believe that the tree is of a higher power though but she doesn't generally partake in many of the traditional worshiping as she believe that just knowing the tree is there is enough.
Appearance: Medium height, long blonde hair usually pulled back into a ponytail or a tight braid, and a small build. Usually wearing casual clothing or light armor. When wearing her armor, she'll carry two double blades on her back like an X with the handles at the bottom. Will also be hiding one or two daggers on her person at all times.
Skills: Double blade expert, adequate at throwing daggers, adept at sneaking and hiding and being overall unseen when needed, can pick easy locks but slow at picking harder ones, not well trained in language skills, has some talent in hand to hand, and for some odd reason quite good at just dodging everything.
Random Extra: Was an orphan.

Name: Lucas Dracon
Sex/Gender: Male
Everything else: Currently unknown. Secrets, secrets, secrets. Muahahahahhaha.

Last edited by Yue on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Crystal Tree OOC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:44 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'll have a character up when I get a chance :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:49 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Take your time, no rush at all :) and as I said I really only need the characters name so if you have that already you can share that and do the sheet later if you want.

I'm hoping maybe to get one more interested party before starting anything but we'll see!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 am 

Fear the plant

Name: Eulalia Loncar
Sex/Gender (if applicable): Female
Image: I like this one https://www.deviantart.com/mjwilliam/art/Artisans-Potter-613308281
Role: Potter and painter
Personality: Caring, creative and generally quiet. Enjoys deep conversations and is a terrible liar as she tends to hide nothing. Despite seeming quiet and often seeking solitude, she seems to be able to influence others to go along with her ideas. Trying to accomplish too much at once makes her feel scattered. She likes organization and order.
Skills: Everyone is taught to be able to defend the tree, so she is proficient in hand to hand combat and has trained with spears and short swords. Of course her most treasured skills are her ability to create beautiful pottery, which is valuable for trade, and allows her the freedom to journey.

Last edited by Botany on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Sorry Botany! Meant to say your skelly looks good but forgot to reply and got super distracted for like... a week... woops.

Anyway! I'm probably going to start the roleplay soon. I'm hoping for more people but it may not be possible with the exams and such happening right now though I'll probably leave it open even after we start.

I'll probably start it this weekend, if that's alright with you guys. Or maybe wait a little longer to see if we can get a few more interest. We'll see, I'm not in a rush but wanted to keep in contact with you guys about what's going on and let you know this is still happening. :D

Any questions, concerns, or even some intriguing ideas please feel free to share!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 pm 

Fear the plant

Hah no worries, got distracted with life this week anyway. Should still work on that more. Not today though, 2 year old bit my hand and I am down to typing with one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:01 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

OUCH! I'm sorry. I hope your hand is okay and heals up quickly. No rush for anything here. I'm gonna bump up the interest check to let everyone know it's still active and looking.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:10 am 

I'm Back in Black...No games this time Y'all!

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

ImageImageImageImageImage

Name: Vraille Asadrie

Sex/Gender: Female

If Chosen One, supernatural abilities:
Bending Light (Mold it and shape it), can weaponize it by concentrating it into a beam, and healing

If Chosen One, Crystal Stone (color and type): Vogel Crystal: This Shard of solid stone looks much like a tear drop in form and opacity as it is so pure that light seamlessly passes through it and causes an explosion of prismatic color. It hangs on a delicate chain of rose gold.

Personality: Vraille is a very curious woman who has a thirst and hunger for knowledge. She hates that she feels so tied down to her village due to her abilities to heal. In all truth she didn’t ask for this and holds a sort of resentment towards the Vogel Tree. She sees beauty in all things and values life, and makes such swift painless kills with her bow to prove it.

Appearance: Vraille holds herself high with a proud posture, her lithe lean form that of an archer. Holding herself and moving with as much fluid grace as the light that bends from the vogel crystal. Long silky locks of silver moonlight hair cascade down to the small of her back, but is typically bunched up tightly into a braided bun. Large iridescent almond eyes stare out from behind long dusted lashes that brush high cheekbones. Her eyes mirror that of a prism exploding into a thousand fragmented shards catching the light and occasionally making rainbows dance across her cheeks when the light hits them just right. Her skin almost as fair as the moonlight her hair mimics with two full pink petals that form soft lips. Her face petite yet angular always holding an expression of cool and calm.(4’10” 124lbs –Lean Muscled-)

Skills: Expert markswoman (She never misses, and always ALWAYS kills as painlessly as possible) Her bow is made of White birch, made from a fallen branch from the large birch that grows atop the Vogal shard crystal and is called ‘ Hragroth’ (Her villages word for Harmony) Stealthy, and an expert rider (She sneaks out to ride Nakto every night.)

Ect: Vraille is mute, completely mute, but she does communicate using a form of sign language, and usually can gesture rather easily to those unfamiliar with the way she speaks.. She was born this way, but due to her extravagant eyes and almost ‘Birch’ fair appearance the villagers have two different sides. That she was cursed, or that she was blessed. Vraille knows not which, and neither do the village folk. Along with being mute Vraille is considered rather “fragile” as her father says. He believes this only because when she was born she wasn’t breathing properly which is one reason they believe she is unable to speak. And the other being that when she was 10 she fell from her horse Nakto and broke both her legs. Since then he began to forbid her to do much else. She is kept very much like a glorified slave. Only allowed to walk the streets of her village for an allotted period and never without someone, just another reason why she sneaks out late at night.
She may break easily, but her healing is quite fast.

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams
"Why is a Raven like a writing Desk?" -Madd Hatter

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Love it! So detailed xD

Will most definitely be starting the RP this weekend (sorry it's taken me forever). If any of you guys have any questions, concerns, want to throw out some awesome ideas you wanna share maybe a person you wanna meet up with at some point, please feel free to ask away!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:28 pm 

Fear the plant

Wait did this start and I missed it? I am back from my overly too much work week followed by I got sick week and have no idea what is happening :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:43 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

It has not started. I'm really sorry. I'm so behind on life right now. I gotta move soon and am trying to find a place to live and then my contract for my job is ending around the same time so I gotta find a new job unless I want to be unemployed. Life is buy.

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping you guys up to date. I know I keep saying I'll start this week or next week or something like that and nothing has happened.

I promise I'll let you all know when this starts. Currently it's on hiatus until I have my life a bit more settled.

Sorry everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 pm 

Fear the plant

All fine, I have been sick and work and ahhh anyway... still need to update my character too haha >.> Just wanted to check I didn't miss it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:31 pm 

Is this still going on? I would love to be involved. I am on tapatalk, so will go on site later and look if the open sign is up. Haha. It is so neat. I had a world very similar for the longest time in my mind. Your chosen ones were what I called children of light, and if their crystal's life force was depleted, they could die. The haroes were like your trees. The children of light would constantly have to have their crystals refilled to live. The haroes were their protection and refilled their crystals.There were evil ones who would actually try to steal the life force from them. The haroe's sworn duty was to protect the children of light until they came to know how to use their powers (become haroes themselves). Basically a haroe is an adult child of light. And like you, they lived in different villages. Only in mine, each village had a different color and different gifts and there were a lot of each of them. Like Green Village had green crystals and could manipulate earth. Blue Village had blue crystals and were healers, etc.

The evil ones who stole their life force had perverted uses for the crystals. Blue crystal became pain, green became hunger, etc. I almost got chills reading this.

Also, this was sort of an escape world growing up though, so I haven't tried to write anything with it. Not with anyone.

I just thought this was super cool and love your idea. Maybe this gave you some more to think about.

I have never seen something like orders for rpg either. This is very unique and helpful!!!! Anyway, if it is not too late, I can cook up a character.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:38 pm 

Aaaaaaand I just scanned again and saw it was on hiatus. It means more time to plan my characters though if I can join? I am unsure how detailed I am to be an alpha, but would definitely like to try one and see how it goes.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

It is still hiatus but still open for people to join if you want to start on a character. I haven't had a chance to start it up yet. I've been on a RP hiatus for awhile but will probably be active again in no time. I just need to figure out a few life things first and find my motivation again.

In Alpha you are required with post to be at least 15 sentences, those ending in paragraphs and such, with good grammar and spelling. Detail is generally key with Alpha. If you're unsure about whether Alpha is right for you, you can try looking at a few Alpha RPs and seeing how their post are to get an idea about how Alpha posting is. Let me know if you have any questions about it (feel free to PM me).

Other then that if you're interested in the roleplay I'm glad to have you!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 am 

My big thing would be proofreading. I tend to post and edit after. My phone has this smart spell thing and doesn't know what it is talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:44 pm 

Name: Lorena (doesn't remember her last name)

Sex/Gender (if applicable): female

If Chosen One, supernatural abilities: With the right seeds, she can grow plants and trees instantly from the earth. She can also manipulate any plant she comes across for protection. When she is growing anything or using her abilities, she glows a light green.

If Chosen One, Crystal Stone (color and type): Her stone is a soft peridot that glows along with her when used.

Personality: Lorena is kind and gentle, but likes to stay to herself for the most part. Her personality is most like sunshine and is warm to anyone she comes across, but never let's herself get too close to anyone. She talks mostly to the Vogel Tree and lives alone in a small cottage nearby in the woods, where she can visit often. She will visit villages nearby and help farmers in their fields for a small portion of their produce to live on. She is also very generous and makes sure that no one around her is hungry or hurting. She is very spiritual and strongly believes in the Vogel Tree. She is sensitive natured and can tend to get her feelings hurt easily. She is a deep thinker and is constantly daydreaming. Since she was abandoned by her parents at the foot of the Vogel Tree as a little girl, she had to grow up fast to care for herself. Despite this, she is optimistic, and believes that one day her parents will come back and explain why they left her. Though she is unsure which village she comes from, she helps protect the one who has not yet to have a Chosen One. In return, they school her. Because of this, she has a great deal of wisdom and knowledge for her age.

Appearance: Lorena has dark brown hair that falls just below her shoulders with dark brown eyes to match. She has soft white skin with a slight tan, and a bit fragile in appearance that matches her emotions. She is around 5'5, with a medium build. She appears as gentle and kind as her personality.

Skills: Lorena is an herbalist that has a vast knowledge of medicines and uses with plants. Because of this, she is a gifted healer. Though she is against fighting, she can wield a staff for defense that she made from a fallen branch from the Vogel Tree. She is witty, and can get herself out of tight situations with her quick words and actions. She is also a skilled carpenter and built her cottage from the ground up as well as everything inside. She is skilled at climbing trees and hiding when needed.

Whatever other details you want to add like background, random extra details, etc.:

She has her own flower garden she only tends to, but never picks from. To her, this is her gift to the Vogel Tree and watches over it. Though she hardly ever shows anger, she does when she sees anyone abusing plants or animals. This is the only time she can tend to act irrationally. She also yearns for a mother figure, but because of abandonment issues, doesn't like getting too close to anyone emotionally.

Attachment:
4c4c18c5d464766e679807a32e49da87--peridot-necklace-crystal-necklace.jpeg
4c4c18c5d464766e679807a32e49da87--peridot-necklace-crystal-necklace.jpeg [ 11.04 KiB | Viewed 20813 times ]
Attachment:
icon_item_yew_staff.jpeg
icon_item_yew_staff.jpeg [ 4.61 KiB | Viewed 20813 times ]
Attachment:
sophiemedieval-2sm.jpeg
sophiemedieval-2sm.jpeg [ 68.81 KiB | Viewed 20813 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:16 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

So I know I suddenly disappeared and had put this on hiatus like months ago. I thank you to everyone who had given interest and I apologize so much for disappearing.

I know it's been awhile, but is anyone who showed interest before still interested?? I would like to start this up again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:50 pm 

I have come back!

I thought I left a comment here, but I remember I was working on it. I am interest in this RP, Yue, if it is fine. I am currently working on the character profile, might take me some time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:02 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

That's fine! Thank you for the interest :D Take all the time you need!