All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Darkest Night OOC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The fifth age of Ilumae has ended with the Great Darkening, now all but a few cities and towns has been destroyed and overrun by the infected. The survivors have contacted each other via magic and now are trying to take back what was once their kingdom, however thus far they have failed and five cities have fallen to the infected and only a handful remain, time is running out and the only information we have regarding how this happened is the journal of a survivor that died sometime ago.

A map of Candarsa:

The journal of Erik Vanderhost, Survivor.

Merchas, seventh day of Novger, year twenty seven thirty one, fifth age of Ilumae.

We were told it was a lie, we were told that Candarsa was safe, we were told nothing could challenge us. Everything they told us was a lie! Candarsa has fallen and now we are the only survivors, outside of our last city they wait. If it wasn't for our magi we would have died years ago, at night I can hear them calling out to us, taunting us, but we won't give in, we won't leave our city!

Serdas, twenty first day of Junger, year twenty seven thirty seven, fifth age of Ilumae.

Voices! Voices in my head, telling me to let them in, but I won't! Everyday they grow worse, tearing at my mind, trying to get me to open our gates. Others seem to have the voices also, I've talked to them, told them to remain strong, to fight back, to not give in, I only hope no one breaks. I went up to the wall top and looked out across the barren wastelands, nothing else lives out there, it's now just us and them, we can survive!

Thorgas, eleventh day of Stovger, year twenty seven thirty nine, fifth age of Ilumae.

Noooo! Someone open the gate, they're inside! They're everywhere! I tried to stop them but I wasn't strong enough, now I'm going to die, everyone else is going to die. We survived for longer then any other city and now our time has come, I remember our great cities, our beautiful art, our perfect metalwork, we were once rulers of vast kingdoms and we hide, hoping to survive the n... (the writings ends here and the page is covered in blood)

Present day, year one five, sixth age of Ilumae.

Things aren't as bad for us anymore, ever since I found this journal from a hundred years ago I've kept accounts of everything that has happened to me. Me and a small group of survivors found a horse yesterday, it wasn't feral and we brought back with us to the city, the others were amazed and we were rewarded with some fresh baked bread. Things have been getting better for our city in the recent years, we found some fresh water that isn't poisoned and have started growing crops on some rooftops.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Magical Knowledge:[/b]

[b]Weapons:[/b]

[b]Armor/Attire:[/b]

[b]Other Equipment:[/b]

Name: Your name.

Race: Your race, pick from below.

Age: How old are you, I really don't care as long as you aren't super old.

Appearance: What you look like, use a pic if you want.

Personality: How you act around others, by yourself.

Background: What happened to you before the events that take place in the RP.

Magical Knowledge: Any and all magic you can use, use details if you want. OPTIONAL.

Weapons: You kill things with them! Medieval only please.

Armor/Attire: Anything you wear, no need to go into uber details...

Other Equipment: Anything else of yours.

Races:

Human – Average, they are the most common race in Ilumae and the shortest lived.
Elf – Tall, fair skinned and have a high potential for magic.
Dwarf – Short, long beards, long hair and sturdy mountain dwellers.
Minotaur – Half-man half-bull, they are tall, muscular and very strong, they are common mercenaries and soldiers.
Centaur – Half-man half-horse, they are very wise and are very good archers.
Faery – Magical creatures that use powerful magic and have wings.
Daemon – Creatures of evil from hell, they will try to turn you aside and sell your soul, don't trust them.
Angel – Holy creatures that serve the gods, they rarely interfere with mortal affairs.
Vampire – Undead blood feasting people, they can not go out in the sun unless they are a day walker and can not be killed by most methods.
Lycan – Can take on the form of a wolf at will, strong and a bite from one will turn you into one and can only be killed by silver weapons.

Monsters:

Avarshii – Avarshii is the given name for creatures overcome by the Plague of Avarsh, Avarshii only think about one thing, blood. Even the tamest animal can become a blood-thirsty Avarshii, once bitten by one of these monsters you to will eventually become one or you'll die.
Zombies – Anything or anyone bitten by an Avarshii and then later dies will return as a Zombie, Zombies are more intelligent then people would believe and like the Avarshii they too thirst for blood. They can still speak some words and wield weapons but they are still not as smart as the living, they have been seen riding Avarshii horses and other mounts at times and some even have armor.

Last edited by Luchiaros on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:10 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Name: Terra Ester

Race: Daemon

Appearance: She appears to be a human with a 5'7 height. She wears a crown of flowers and has long and angelic golden hair and rich, pallor skin. Her eyes are a blend of green with brown bits in them. Her ears and nose are pointed and her eyebrows are arched like an elf's and her lips are peach pink. The outfit she wears is a pale green silk dress that reaches her knees that is cut just above her chest and has sleeves going up to her elbows with sandals to match. This is her outer appearance.

With her true appearance, the only thing that changes is her eye color-which becomes a blend of brown with green bits- and her crown of flowers appear black and her fangs, long purple horns, claws, tail and wings (all three purple and long) sprout. As for the outfit, the dress is now purple and reduced to something with a length that reaches up to her thighs and reveals her curves and abdomen and back completely.

Personality: While Terra seems like the good and amiable person who wants to assist the righteous, she will only do so if it means somehow twisting that person's will into her command. She's truly selfish for those reasons and she knows this very well. She feels it is a fair exchange. However, her true evil self can almost seem even worse than the Devil's-whom she serves solely.

Background: Terra is one of the younger demons who used to be human-said to be one of the lost souls who died in the tragedy of the city's destruction and possibly one of those who either gave in/allowed the demons to pass. While Terra has no memory of her human years, she remembers being resurrected under Satan's controls for reasons she has not understood.

Magical Knowledge: As far as using magic is concerned, Terra has no abilities except to unleash other demons from Hell and summon her weapon-which take up a lot of energy. However, she is aware of other magical abilities other races are capable of having.

Weapons: Her body, a ball of spikes attached to a chain.

Armor: None really except for her ball of spikes and chain.

Other Equipment: None

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 am 

Name: Bromley Dallin

Race: Human

Appearance: He is moderately well built, though he is not complete muscle. He has a bit of a gut, but he can still get by. He is a little taller than average but doesn't really tower over anyone. He has black hair with the sides graying; it is medium length and often pushed back. He also has a scruffy beard with graying areas as well.

Personality: He has quite an adamant attitude about never giving up. He cares for the well being of other people and is always going head over heels to aid people. He is one who is loyal to the very end and a good friend. Some may even call his adamant loyalty almost insane. He never jokes around when something dangerous is happening and treats a situation that needs attending to with seriousness. He does not enjoy killing, but he does it for the well being of others.

Background: Bromley was born in the middle of this great mess, experiencing it firsthand like many other people in the land. He grew up learning how to defend himself and survive while keeping those close protected, as deaths occurred way too often in this dark age. He hopes that he can make a difference in this world someday with his fighting prowess, but only time would tell. Would he forever be a follower or would he someday evolve into a leader with a mind of his own?

Magical Knowledge: He does not delve in such arts.

Weapons: He uses a one handed axe that looks like this (essentially it is a tomahawk). He can use it for regular combat and even throwing attacks if it is necessary. In his other hand he has a round shield that he uses to guard and attack. He can use it as a follow up attack to possibly knock his opponent over or stun them.

Armor: He has a breastplate of iron and has armored greaves and gauntlets. They aren't heavy armor, but they still weight a bit, making him a little less mobile than he is without it. It provides moderate protection against attacks, though it won't hold up forever if it is being pummeled by a heavy axe.

Other Equipment: Any supplies he needs for traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:46 pm 

Very nice characters Sichada and Chef.

Here's mine:

Name: Natasha Danrae

Race: Vampire

Appearance:
But with fangs.

Personality:

Background: Natasha is a member of the Danrae bloodline, a once powerful Vampire clan. When she was young she went out into the woods around her house and happened upon a dieing Vampire, not knowing what it was she tried to help it but could do nothing. The Vampire pulled her down next to him and gave her the only thing had to give, the curse of the Vampires, as he died he told her to go to a cave in the mountains and wait till dusk. She did so and there she met a Vampire who led her down a tunnel that came up into a building in the center of ta city, there she was brought into the Danrae clan and has lived there since then. After the Great Darkening the Danrae clan began to help in the defense of the city and Natasha was given charge over a small scouting party that made frequent incursions into the surrounding lands.

Magical Knowledge: Natasha is a very skilled at scrying and knows only a few other spells.

Weapons: A longsword, a pair of daggers and a boot knife.

Armor: She wears black leather armor and a cloak.

Other Equipment: None.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:03 am 

IC is up here.

We're together ATM but soon we can split up if you so choose, if you have any questions then ask away!