All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Whenever Remus found himself too restless to remain seated, he always found that he ended up lingering by his kitchen counter. The kitchenette of the small ground floor apartment connected both to the hallway leading to the entryway, and the living room; Remus found that if he stood just right, with his back towards the cabinets, he would be able to see both rooms at the same time.
Though he expected company, Remus kept glancing out through the living room windows, fearing that he'd any moment see a silver Patronus leap over the bushes that circled the garden. Both Sirius and Remus had agreed to be alert in case the Order needed either help or a hideout, but in that moment Remus deeply regretted having offered. The full moon was only a couple of days ahead, and Remus' joints were starting to flare up as a painful reminder of what was to come. Thoughtlessly, he tugged at his ringfinger, unsuccessfully attempting to crack his sore knuckles.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Things were constantly tense during a war but they seemed to get more tense during the full moon, at least for the marauders. They all worried terribly about Remus but it was getting increasingly complicated to be around to help him, what with them constantly being on mission for the order, trying to put an end to this wretched war.
Moving through muggle London was always quite the experience to Sirius. Seeing all the people, happy and carefree, completely untouched by the war. It was like it didn't even exist and if Sirius could just stay in the muggle cities for long enough he would forget about it too. It wasn't going to work out for him like that though, he simply couldn't allow himself to not fight this out.
He got pulled out of his reverie once he reached the door of Remus' flat, having to focus on being the best friend he could be for Remus right now. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, not wanting to just come barging in.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:06 pm 

The knock on the door brought Remus abruptly back to reality, but despite the shudder it sent through him, Remus found himself moving towards the front door without even giving it a critical thought. He had been so deep in thought expecting a Patronus from the garden, that he didn't even consider the possibility of a threat being at his doorstep.
With a gesture that, by now, had become second nature, Remus absentmindedly graced across his left forearm only to find the reassuring contour of his wand stuffed into his undershirt sleeve. Without even attempting to look out of the peephole, Remus opened the front door.
Immediately a soft smile appeared onto his features, finding just the sight of Sirius immensely soothing. Remus was co certain that he had memorized every detail of Sirius face to such a degree, that no Polyjuice disguise would be able to fool him. "Good to see you."
Knowing well enough to not draw any further attention to the interaction at the door, Remus just stepped aside to let Sirius pass inside.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:06 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius immediately entered Remus' flat, not wanting anyone to notice him unnecessarily. Even if he doubted that the muggles would be able to pinpoint him to a Death Eater, he didn't want to take any chances with this. After closing and locking the door behind him, he took off his jacket but left on his shoes. They probably wouldn't have to wait long until they got the message that they were needed and Sirius didn't want any delay in that.
"Likewise," he said in a soft voice, and he really and honestly meant it. Every time he saw any of his friends, it felt like a huge relief, it meant that they were alive still and that was all he needed to know. He wrapped his arms around Remus in a hug, knowing that he usually found the physical touch comforting this close to a full moon. "How are you holding up here?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm 

Remus exhaled under the gentle pressure Sirius put around his waist, as if Sirius' touch had managed to undo a pinched nerve somewhere. He lazily wrapped his right arm around Sirius' neck. In doing so, the soreness had transplanted from his spine to his shoulder, making him hum in a slight discomfort.
"Well enough," he answered, partially truthful and not wanting to acknowledge the stiffness of his joint. It was all a matter of perspective, he figured, and there were people who were in far worse situations than he was.
Thank you," he breathed, leaning in in order to barely grace Sirius' temple with his lips, in a kiss that barely could be called platonic. Moments after, Remus attempted retrieved his arm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:39 pm 

Sirius frowned softly at the answer he got to the question, but he knew that he would never get Remus to admit that he was feeling terrible, so he decided not to dig too much in it. Once Remus attempted to remove his arms from around Sirius' neck, Sirius gently took his hands, running his fingers over his knuckles.
"Somebody gotta take care of you, I know for a fact that you don't," he said with a crooked grin, knowing that Remus was really bad at allowing himself to feel terrible. Sirius wanted to do so much more for him than he already did, but he knew that there wasn't actually a lot to do, other than support him and hold him. He leant down to place a couple of soft kisse to Remus' knuckles, knowing that his joints usually flared up during the full moon. "Just tell me if there is something I can do for you."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:18 pm 

Sirius' initial assumption, though not wrong, made Remus cough out an almost skeptical laugh. It wasn't as if Sirius was any stranger to the way Remus had grown accustomed to dealing with the moons, and by now, Sirius should know better than to be surprised.
However, Remus didn't get to express any of this before Sirius' lips were on Remus' sore knuckles, effectively making him hitch his breath. While his knuckles had throughout the day sent periodical but painful jolts up his forearms, they now felt prickly, almost as if regaining warmth after being cold for too long.
Momentarily taken aback by how the embrace had ended, Remus discovered that the heat had not only returned to his hands but also to his cheeks. Flustered by Sirius' touch, Remus tentatively pulled back his hands.
"I'll let you know if I think of anything," he muttered, his voice clearly giving away the fact that Remus had barely been breathing, before turning slightly, wanting to move into the small living room where Sirius' proximity wouldn't feel so suffocating.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 pm 

Sirius followed Remus into the living room, having been over a lot and feeling quite at home. He wanted to care a lot more for Remus than what Remus would ever allow him to, but he was slowly beginning to accept that he couldn't force Remus to accept the help. That didn't mean that Sirius would stop helping him though and he was slowly to pick up on all the ways that he could help him without getting stopped.
"I know you won't, but you should," he said with a crooked grin, running a hand through his long, black hair, taking the opportunity to actually tie it up in a messy bun on top of his head. "Have you heard anything from anyone yet?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:29 pm 

Hearing Sirius offer his help always managed to tie Remus' stomach in a knot; one would think he should have gotten used to it, after all, it was practically a monthly offer Sirius made, but during the war more than ever before, Remus didn't feel like he was the one in the most urgent need of help.
Not wanting to dive further into that trail of thought, Remus crossed his arms and shook his head. "Nothing," he said, with a tension in his voice that mirrored the tension in his shoulders. That should have been good news, but Remus knew that it could also be the worst possible news.
"Sit down - Do you want anything?" he deflected, not wanting to linger much on the subject.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 pm 

Sirius softly shook his head at the offer, fully well knowing that he can help himself around here, he still appreciated the offer though, especially considering that Remus probably was in a lot of pain.
"Nah, you just sit down with me," he said with a soft smile. Sure, he knew that Remus hated it when he got all mushy on him, but Sirius couldn't really turn it off. He cared a lot for Remus and he wanted to keep him as safe as humanly possible.
"I went to visit Lily and James, and little baby Harry, of course," he said, figuring that Remus would want to hear the news about their best friends. "He is growing up so fast. I can hardly believe it."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 pm 

Sirius' suggestion effectively managed to overshadow his following comment; Remus seemed too involved in a hesitation for him to even recognize that Sirius had continued.
"Uh," he started, his eyes lingering upon the couch. Inattentively, his right hand found its way to his left elbow, feeling how the tip of his wand pressed against his joint.
"I'd rather not," he eventually answered, softly and almost apologetically, as he once again eyed Sirius. Remus' lips were slightly parted and his brown slightly furrowed, as he considered if it was worth elaborating. "I'm afraid I won't be able to get up again."
An unspoken if necessary lingered in his breathy response, but he didn't dare utter it out loud. Remus would rather see that he could sink into the sofa for the rest of the week and not get up until the moon had long passed. Sure, Sirius was right that sitting would relieve a lot of pressure from his joints, but would only make his movements that more painful if he were to get up again; as of now, he'd rather be standing and in moderate pain.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:09 pm 

Sirius' face fell at that, having not even considered that to be a possibility. He should really know better by now, but he always seemed to forget just how bad it was for Remus during the moon. He got up from the couch again, feeling bad about sitting now that he knew Remus wouldn't be able to. He wrapped his arms around Remus once more, wanting to keep him safe from the entire world. He knew that he couldn't stop the full moon from having an effect on Remus, but he could make sure that he was more comfortable during the moon.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't think," he said with a soft frown, not even knowing where to start.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:13 am 

Remus saw the hurt on Sirius' expression, but still couldn't help but cough out a joyless laugh. In no way had Remus intended on making Sirius uncomfortable, and now knowing that he visibly had, Remus didn't know how to react other than to further downplay his own discomfort. When he continued, his voice was breathy and laughing, in a way that might indicate chest pains. "Sirius, I'm fine, don't look a me like tha-"
Suddenly, Sirius' arms were around him again, effectively managing to stop him dead in his tracks. Yet again, Sirius' touch seemed to undo a week old knot in his back. The immediate relief of the tension in the small of his back made Remus let out an involuntary, almost pitiful groan.
"Merlin," he muttered, after having taken in a deep, shaky breath. Finally, Remus moved to reciprocate the touch, feeling just how easier he managed move his arms up around Sirius' shoulder, no longer feeling the constraint in his back. "That's been a ****ing for days."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:06 pm 

Sirius knew that Remus hated it when he tried to take care of him, but he simply couldn't help it. He wanted to make sure that Remus felt safe, even if he couldn't exactly protect him from the moon. There wasn't anything to be done about his condition, so Sirius just had to do what he could to make sure that he wasn't actively suffering. It might seem dumb, but even something as small as an embrace could sometimes do the difference for Remus.
"Glad to be of service," he said with a crooked grin, leaning in to place a soft kiss to Remus' temple, more of a simple touch of his lips than an actual kiss. He softly ran his hands up and down Remus' back, not quite sure what he was trying to achieve, but he assumed that Remus would tell him if it was for nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:42 pm 

In that moment, Remus had fully come to terms with the fact that this was the most comfortable he was going to be in a while. Leaning some of his weight against Sirius like this managed to relief the pressure on his joints in a way that he wouldn't allow himself by laying down for a while.
Remus exhaled a hum against Sirius' cheek, briefly and, more than anything, following the soft grace of the other's lips as a thoughtless instinct. Wanting to keep the momentum going, Remus wrapped his arms around Sirius' neck, stretching and intertwining his fingers as to attempt to crack his sore knuckles.
"I feel like ****," Remus eventually exhaled. His tone of voice was soft and soothed, appearing as a stark contrast to the harsh reality of his words. There were still a few days until the full moon but Remus had rarely felt this horrible. The pain and soreness had accumulated gradually over the course of the last week, and now it had gotten to a point were Remus struggled to breathe because his muscles were too tense for him to take in a deep breath; and there were still two days to go.
Never the less, Remus had, at some point during the embrace, closed his eyes. He sounded almost as was he drifting asleep, and the uncharacteristic honesty of his words gave the impression that he was talking in his sleep. "It's so much worse now than it was at Hogwarts."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:10 am 

It was almost physically painful for Sirius to see Remus feeling this bad. He wanted nothing more than to take all of Remus' pain for himself, but he knew that he couldn't do that, no matter how much he tried. The embrace seemed to help him though, so Sirius wasn't about to let Remus go, even if he probably would argue that it was unnecessary. It helped Sirius to know that he could help Remus like this, even if it was with something very minor.
"I am sorry to hear that," he said in a soft voice, not wanting to speak too loudly in the fear of breaking the soft moment they have going on for them. He moved one hand up and started playing with Remus' hair, carefully massaging his scalp as he did so. The other hand was still busy rubbing Remus' back, wanting to make him feel as protected as possible. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm 

The feeling of Sirius' hand in his hair sent a shiver down Remus' spine, and in a brief instance he almost let out a pitiful, moaning this. In reality or, at least, in a different lighting, Remus rationally knew Sirius' touch was nothing but a placebo and the relief the embrace allowed was bound to be short lived. He, however, fully relished the dulled pain, however brief it might be.
"No," he instead answered, but his voice remained light and sincere. There was no point in pretending, but there was no resentment or pride audible in his voice; this time around, Remus wasn't keeping anything from Sirius, there just wasn't anything Sirius could do. "I just think the stress amplifies it."
With another deep exhale Remus turned his head slightly, pressing his forehead against the crook of Sirius' neck. The change of position further blocked out the bright kitchen light Remus still sensed from his right, and the new found darkness made his close knitted brow dissolve. "You said you had visited James?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:01 pm 

Sirius hummed and nodded at that, just continuing his caress of Remus, really happy that he could help him in some way. It pained Sirius to see Remus like this, but he also knew that Remus would never agree to step down and take it easy for now. They all wanted to help as much as they possibly could after all and Remus was no exception to that. It was very difficult for all of them to keep going through this, but Remus definitely was being hit with the shitty end of the stick.
"Yeah, I did. They are all doing great," he said in a soft voice, figuring that Remus needed to think about something else. He could go on a little rant if that helped Remus, wanting to do anything in his power to make him feel better. "You wouldn't believe how big little baby Harry is getting. Can you believe that it's almost been a year?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 am 

Remus exhaled in a pensive hum, trying to gather his thoughts around Sirius' words. He was teetering on the verge of sleep, and in a brief instance, with his lungs emptied of air, he considered whether or not sleep was more valuable to him than this distraction.
"I don't know," he answered, his voice sounding so far off away that he almost didn't recognized it. As he finally inhaled, he shifted his position slightly, effectively creating more space between his brow and Sirius' neck. With his cheek still resting on the other's shoulder, Remus opened his eyes. "I feel like an old man; I'm not sure if I even remember Harry's birth."
His words were exaggerated, Remus realized that as soon as he said them out loud, but the exaggeration carried some truth. The last year felt like it had lasted an impossible amount of time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 pm 

Sirius snorted at that, even if he completely could see where Remus was coming from. However, Harry gave them all something to fight for, a future for them all to look forward to. That's at least how it was for Sirius, who wanted nothing more than for James and Lily's child to be able to get a better future than the life they are currently living. It was the least they could do after all.
"Don't be overdramatic, Moony," he said with a crooked grin, making sure that he still was keeping Remus close to him and softly caressing him. He wanted Remus to feel good after all, even if it wasn't very likely to happen any time soon. "Also, you are an old man."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next