All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

"I have. I was soo exhausted! Thanks to you being here with me, I was able to let my fear subside. Thank you Indrean."

Daewyn blushed as she sat up. Her hand reached for her crumpled dress on the floor and pulled it under the quilt. After struggling to get it on, she emerged and stood up. Indrean was looking out the window as if studying something, and Daewyn asked him,

"Do you know if there is anyone in the next room? I would like to have a look in there... for something I may have left when I ran away from my attacker."

She looked out the window as the sun started to light the skies.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:12 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

A smile brightened Indrean's face as he looked at Daewyn's beautiful face and hair, but when she blushed and pulled up the quilt, he realized what she was doing so he turned to gaze out the window. He forced himself to think of other things, and soon, he was scouring the road below for anyone suspicious; he wondered if she knew how many men her father would send after her, or even how long ago she had run away.
Indrean turned around suddenly at the sound of the Lady's voice, then shook his head.
"I know not, my Lady, but I can inquire for you."
He paused for a moment as he got lost looking at her beautiful face.
"Would you...would you like to come with me?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:31 am 

Daewyn tipped her head down slightly and nodded. She said,
"I would like that very much."
Indrean opened the door to look around, then he turned to the door next to theirs and Daewyn followed. A tap on the door went unanswered. Another did also, Daewyn stepped in front of Indrean and worked the door open. She whispered to Indrean,
"Wait and watch. I will only be a moment."
Stepping in to the room, she went to the farr wall and searched for the loose floor board. Finding it, she struggled to get it to lift. Once her nails got it up slightly, she was able to lift it out of place. She reached in and found the black velvet bag she had hidden there. Setting the board back in place, she stood and went for the door. She slipped out as Indrean looked around. She whispered to him,
"I can pay you now kind sir! Shall we go to the common room for some tea and breakfast?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 pm 

Once the Lady was ready to leave, Indrean walked to the door and opened it for her, then shut it behind himself and followed her over to the next door. With a nod, he leaned against the wall next to the door and casually but keenly kept a lookout for her as she looked inside the room. As he waited for her, he wondered what it was exactly that she was looking for. Not that it was his business, really, but....well, she didn't exactly tell him the truth of her situation until just yesterday.
Indrean shook his head and sighed. Of course she hadn't.....it made sense that she hadn't told him, for she didn't know if she could truely trust him with the information.
A few minutes passed before the door opened, and when she came out, closing the door behind her, she looked a lot more...content and at peace.
His brows furrowed together as she mentioned payment, and he shook his head.
"My Lady Daewyn, you do not need to pay me for anything. But as for tea and breakfast, I would gladly go with you to eat."
He offered her a hand, and when she placed hers in his, he had to force himself not to twine his fingers through hers. He then led her out of the hall and into the Common Room, where he then led them to a table by the fireplace and the window. He scooted out her chair for her, then slid it in once she sat down before sitting in the seat opposite her.
One of the maids came over to them and set down two mugs and poured the hot black tea into each one. After taking their meal orders, the maid left, leaving the two together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm 

Daewyn gave Indrean a smile as he sat down. She said,
“I have never met such a gentleman!”
She breathed the tea aroma in and blew the steam from the mug in front of her. She looked over and pondered Indrean’s face as he woeked at sipping the tea. She quickly looked away when his eyes came up to meet hers. She blushed slightly, more because of the thoughts she had than anything else. When he set the mug down, Daewyn reached across the table and took his hand. Leaning forward she said,
“If you wish no money for your time, and you show all courtesy to me even when I act like a slut, I have to wonder why you do all this for me…”
She turned at a noise when the door opened, and two men came in. They had the old uniform of Gondor on, and were rough and unadorned in any finery except the White Tree and Seven stars on their leather vests. Daewyn squeezed Indrean’s hand…. The had come for her….

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:02 am 

Indrean took the mug of tea and sipped it, allowing it's properties to rouse him from his sleep and sharpen his senses. After setting the half-empty mug back down on the table, Daewyn reached over and slid her hand over his. Indrean glanced down at their hands and blushed as he looked up again to see that she had drawn herself closer towards him.
"My Lady, I..."
He searched her eyes for a moment, wondering if words would suddenly come from his mouth out of inspiration from beholding her beauty. Instead, however, he felt her squeeze his hand, and he instantly knew what had happened by the expression of sheer terror in her eyes.
He didn't need to turn around to know that her persuers were just behind him.
Adrenaline started to pump through his veins as he scoured his memory for an escape plan. After a few moments of intense thought, he squeezed her hand reassuringly as he gazed into her eyes.
He had a plan, but he needed to wait until their food was served to them.
Then it would only be a matter of running.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 pm 

Seeing Indrean's reassuring look helped ease Daewyn's fears some. She still wished she had purchased that knife at the old inn, for she was still weaponless, and she felt helpless while this ranger was ready to put his life on the line in a fight that was not his own. She thought of a ruse, but held her tongue. Daewyn could feel deep connection with him as their eyes spoke thoughts to each other. She gave his hand a reassuring squeeze as he read in her face that she trusted hin fully and would do as he says in this quickly developing situation.

The Gondorian soldiers looked around the inn and would soon see her there. How could a soldier of the King raise a blade to another soldier of the King? Daewyn swallowed as she prepared to move at Indrean's command...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 pm 

As the Lady squeezed his hand, Indrean nodded slowly, then took a small sip of his tea as he went over the various ways they could leave without being followed. No matter how he figured it though, there would always be something that would draw her pursuer's attention....his brows pulled together as another thought popped into his mind. He could pretend that he had captured her and tell the bounty hunters that he was on his way to Minas Tirith to deliver her to her father. But how could he tell her to do that without giving anything away? If he went with this idea, he would likely loose her trust, which was something that he did not want to happen.
A pair of footsteps started to sound behind him, followed with a quiet murmur; the bounty hunters were likely becoming suspicious.
'I'm sorry.' Indrean mouthed inconspicuously as he released her hand.
The waitress had come over and brought them their plates of breakfast: eggs, bacon, freshly baked bread and an apple.
"Eat up, my Lady. We will not be stopping until long into the night, and I would really hate to tie a cloth around your mouth to relieve myself of your complaining tongue."
He raised his voice loud enough for the bounty hunters to hear, but not enough to draw attention to himself. His eyes softened for a moment as the Lady Daewyn looked at him in shock and fear, he hoped that she could forgive him. This was the only foreseeable way to get to Minas Tirith in safety. Of course he would never turn her in-not to the bounty hunters, nor to her father-but rather he would take her to the safety of the Houses of Healing where she could seek refuge for awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 am 

There was something in the sound of Indrean's voice that took Daewyn by surprise. She had already dug into the hearty food as she tried to look indiscreet to the men searching for her. Now it seemed that Indrean had sunk a knife into her back. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at him, but there was something she thought she saw in his eyes even as the sheen of sweat started to grow on her. Her eyes shifted to the men moving closer, and then back to Indrean and knew she was about to be taken. He was turning her over to them! And he didn't even have the desire to sleep with her first? She stood up suddenly and said as she launched the plate of food at him,

"You lying sack of sh... I thought..."

Indrean was quick to move, deflecting the plate and most of the food away from himself and into one of the soldiers that was coming to the table. He was also quick to throw an arm around Daewyn and covered her mouth before she could say anything more. Her eyes bulged in fright as she knew she was captured. Indrean held tight and looked at the Gondorian who had just got covered with most of Daewyn's breakfast.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 am 

By Lady Daewyn's expression and reaction, he knew that he had not been clear and that he would not be forgiven. A piece of egg landed on his arm, but he quickly blocked the oncoming plate and threw it to the side, then he stood and wrapped an arm around her arm while the other he wrapped over her mouth.
"Hush now, Lady. We will leave-now."
For the moment, Indrean ignored the soldiers and shifted his gaze up to one of the serving women, commanding them to ready his horse and foot the bill. The serving maid rolled her eyes and was about to go about her duties when a stern look from the Innkeeper spurred her to do as Indrean requested.
After the maid left, Indrean shifted his gaze back to the man who was now picking off pieces of her breakfast from his shoulder and face.
"I apologize-good sir- for the mess. Perhaps I can make amends for my prisoners' actions by offering you some of their finest brew?"
His gaze shifted as the other men stepped up towards their table, then nodded at them. He needed to get the Lady out of here....he needed to let her know that she was not in any danger with him.
"If you'll excuse me, men...I have a Lady to deliver."
With that, he bowed slightly then walked past the men and out towards the door, hoping that he would not be recognized as a Ranger.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:53 am 

Daewyn struggled with Indrean but didn't put all she had into it when she saw the Gondorian soldiers. The one who had gotten covered with her breakfast was a young recruit of her father's when she was 18. He had an eye for her then, and she was sure he recognised her even in the brief encounter. Maybe he was surprised by the sudden explosion of breakfast in his face, and the older officer only looked as the commotion took place. He would have surely recognised her! She acquiesced to Indrean as he took her as a prisoner out of the inn. She should have not doubted him. If he was going to collect the bounty on her, his payoff walked into the inn with those soldiers. She felt so bad for Indrean but didn’t break from being his unwilling the prisoner.

As Indrean backed out the door, he didn’t let go of her one bit. Daewyn had no choice but to do as he wished. Unfortunately they didn’t get far before the Gondorian commander and two of his soldiers came out the door after them. The commander said,

“Hold there! I am Captain Berenthal of House Hawthien! He have come for Lord Dírwon’s daughter Daewyn! We can take her off your hands bounty hunter! How much did Hilgor promise you for her?”

Several other soldiers came around from the back of the inn from both sides, and with a move of Berenthal’s hand, their swords came out. Daewyn twisted her head, freeing her mouth from Indrean’s hand. She said,

“Berenthal, have your men stand down! I am Dírwon’s daughter, and you will do as I command!”

Berenthal smiled and shook his head. He said,

“Nay m’lady. If this man wishes the bounty sum which Hilgor offered, he will remove his hands from you and you will come with us freely.”

Daewyn swallowed and looked to Indrean. Her eyes spoke silently to his. Maybe he should take the money and she will go with Berenthal. Maybe he would try and help her escape later? She didn’t know. He is so honourable and she wished she had not brought him troubles.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:48 pm 

Indrean gritted his teeth and stopped for a moment as the booming, commanding voice of the captain called out behind him; just as he was about to turn around though, he noticed even more of these soldiers appearing seemingly out of nowhere. He squinted his eyes slightly as he took in the situation and the words that were exchanged.
In order to maintain his false appearance, Indrean scoffed at the woman and quickly pressed his hand firmly over her mouth; if this man thought of him as her bounty hunter, then he would have to play that role convincingly...at least for now.
"Hilgor promised her to me, Captain, as well as a hefty dowry. Now then, if you'll excuse me...I need to take this woman home..."
He dipped his head and started to walk away, then stopped for a moment as the other soldiers still had their swords raised.
"You wouldn't dare attack a Lady, would you? And now that she is my Lady, I order you to stand down...Captain, if you please!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 am 

The commander looked hard at Indrean, pondering his words. He knew Hilgor had sent people out after her, but had he sold her on to this man?

“Maybe we all could go back inside the inn and the lady can have a proper breakfast while we talk about this?”

Daewyn turned her head and looked up at Indrean with big eyes. If he agreed, maybe they could find a way to slip away. Right now, they were surrounded, and how they could get away seemed nigh impossible to her. She tried to nod her head as he held her mouth. Unless he had some way to get them out of there, daewyn thought it the only course that could buy them time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:05 am 

"Aye" Indrean said calmly as he glanced down to look upon Daewyns' face; there was knowing in her eyes, a pleading for him to go inside and talk with her pursuers. His eyes quickly flicked back up to look at the captain again, and when he did, he saw just how desperate their....her situation was. Without saying another word though, Indrean sauntered past the captain, dragging Daewyn with him, then shoving open the door with his foot and set her down in a chair by the window.

The owner just stared at them in surprise and a slight bit of annoyance, especially as he was still cleaning up the mess of her spilled breakfast from earlier.

Indrean turned to stand next to the seated Lady with a stern, almost unconcerned face as he waited for the others to follow after.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 pm 

Daewyn was hoping for a better day than this. As it now looked she was Indrean’s “prisoner” or “betrothed” if she understood his words to the Gondorians. Satisfied he would not turn her over, she looked at him and saw a man of his word. But with fifteen soldiers with this commander, they would have to play it close, and Daewyn would try and act her part while Indrean talked with them.

The commander said to Indrean,

”Sure my friend, you can collect what you will for her, but you say she was promised to you?”

Daewyn turned her head and huffed, not that she didn’t mind being with Indrean, but she had to act like she wasn’t. The commander then said to Indrean,

“So you are taking this bird to Minas Tirith? If so, we will ride along. Wouldn’t want her to get lost. Once we are back, we will see what story is the truthful one. Since the day is early, we could set out now. But if you wish to wait until early morn, we can accommodate.”

The commander gave Indrean a hard look and acted as if Daewyn was a piece of property.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:08 pm 

Indrean caught the expression in Daewyns' eyes and was relieved to see that she understood what he was doing. He didn't know exactly how it would all work out, but it would; he would protect her, no matter what...even to the end. But first, he had to fool these brutish and suspicious fools.

"Aye, this songbird was indeed promised to me...and she was not cheap, either. If I want to make a profit off her, I am going to have to have her start working at taverns and...other such reputable places that I see fit. You are more than welcome to ride wherever you please, sir. But I must warn you, I am not going to take her directly to Minas Tirith. We will be stopping for her to work along the road."

Indrean rested his elbow on the back of her chair as he returned the equally icy stare back to the commander.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:22 am 

Dsewyn would be glad to have those days working at the Forsaken Inn, for that was all the experience she had working inns and taverns. She looked at her attire and realised she still had on the wenchwear that Caila had given her to work in there. She should try and procure herself something else somewhere along the way, but right now, she had to play the part of Indrean's property and try not to let his words about pimping her out disturb her.

She had grown fond of Indrean, even to a pont where she had offered her bed to him. But such an upstanding, honourable man was he, and Daewyn grew evermore fond of him for that. And now he took the front in keeping her from these cretons of fortune. She held to Indreans arm and looked deeply at him when he turned to her, and she felt herself grow warm in his gaze. The commander broke her thoughts when he said,

"Well sir, I will accept your word that this girl is bonded to you in betrothal because I really wasn't paid that much to find her and bring her back. I will keep the money that was to buy you off, give some to me boys, then contract with this northern mob of rangers. I heard they were short people after the war. It was what I planned on doing in the first place, but honour said I should at least try to carry out the comission."

He signalled his second and he went and set the men at ease and gave them some time off. When he returned, the commander said,

"Now I will have to pronounce you dead m'lady, so I wouldn't be going down south expecting to carry your name and your title."

He walked away with his second, and Daewyn looked to Indrean. She said in a low voice,

"I don't trust what he says, but maybe we should get out of here and go... somewhere while we can?"

She looked at Indrean as he thought about this turn of events.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:12 pm 

Indrean stared at the Commander and gave him a small smirk that didn't at all reach his eyes, and he waved the man off as he mentioned keeping the money for himself and his men. He wanted to give this man the benefit of thinking that he didn't care or that he wasn't interested in hearing what he had to say, but it was water that he had to tread, especially if he wanted to keep the Lady safe.

When the Commander left, Indrean shifted his gaze down to look at Daewyn; she looked nervous, and rightly so. These men were after her and were being rather shifty. He didn't trust them to actually leave them be without further investigation....why else would he have gathered up so many of his men?

His eyes lifted to the Commander again and he shifted on his feet, smirking wickedly as if he were thinking the same thing as the Commander.
"Good day."
He muttered underneath his breath as Daewyn met his gaze. For a moment, just a moment, he was struck with silence; she was a rare jewel and was in need of protecting, and yet here he was, pretending to be her...lord. His brows furrowed in disgust at that thought, and he rested his hand on her shoulder and squeezing it reassuringly.

"We will leave in due time, my Lady. I promise you that."

His eyes remained fixed on hers and he gave her a slight nod before moving around and ushering her out of her seat and down the hall to one of the rooms.
Upon closing the door, Indrean let her go and dipped his head apologetically.

"I am sorry, my Lady, for frightening you with those bounty hunters. I hope you understand that everything I said and did out there was false. My vows to protect you remain the same, but I understand if you do not trust me and wish for me to leave you as soon as possible."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:03 am 

Daewyn reached over and took Indrean's hand as she looked up to him.

"I was not sure at first what was happening. My apologies if I doubted you Indrean"

She looked around before leaning to him. She said,

"I am not the smartest woman, though my worth is quite large. How I could get my hands on even a part of it I do not know. It is why I am but a piece of property to be traded as a commodity. But hearing you talk out there. I have to say I would not mind being yours.”

She blushed as she looked away from his eyes. She should not have said that. Yet, he was not like other men she knew. Strong, handsome, yet most honourable. He freely taken on being her protector despite the troubles she brought to him.

“Do you think we will get away from here? Will we ever be free?”

Daewyn blinked away tears, not sure what the future held.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 pm 

As the Lady took his hand and gazed into his eyes, Indrean felt himself transfixed and in awe of her beauty, and as she leaned into him, he tenderly wrapped his free hand around her shoulders. He found himself stifling the urge to push her hair back behind her ear, or to caress her beautiful cheek. He nearly did it though as she confessed her feelings for him, but he stopped himself as she glanced away from him, her cheeks painted red.

Seeing her tears and hearing the ache in her heart caused him to move; so, he lifted his hand and gently wiped away the tears that had fallen down her cheeks.

"My Lady, I know not what the future will hold for either of us, but I do know this. You have sparked something inside me which has not been alight for many years; I wish to protect you, hold you, and brave the unknown of this world together with you my Lady. If only you will have me."