All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:03 pm 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Bruce was a little nervous about this he knew that they did not have the best time with Ra's and the league of shadows but Ra's and Talia where part of the family Bruce was not happy in telling Jason, Tim, and Dick about this he had kept it a secret for while but now that Talia and her father were on their way here there was no avoiding it. Bruce looked over his family "Alright so tonight we are having Talia and her father over for supper and I want all of you on your best behaviors around them " Bruce looked at Jason "that also includes you Jason" Bruce was not looking forward to this Ra's al ghul and him where not on the greatest of terms Bruce was about to say something else when a knock came to the door "that must be them". Bruce was not accepting them so early but he knew that he couldn't avoid this day forever Bruce made his way over towards the door to see Talia and Ra's al ghul standing there.

Talia al ghul had a hard time of convincing her father to come and to believe that this invitation was real she was looking forward to seeing her son and even seeing Bruce it had been a while ago since they last met. Talia walked with her father around the temple trying to get him to agree into coming but he kept saying that he was busy and that he could not go Talia said that the leauge would be fine with out him for a little while but he still did not like the idea of leaving the League alone with out it's leader. after about an hour of talking to him about it he finally agreed "I promise tat you will not regret this Father". Talia and her father had left not shortly afterwards climbing into the helicopter and heading towards Gotham landing a short distance away from the manner Talia and her father made there way up the driveway of Wayne manor. Talia gestured for her father to knock on the door but he motioned her to because it was the house of her love and he did not care much for Bruce and his family.

Ra's al ghul had been with his warriors when his daughter came into the room "daughter what is it" Ra's lowered his gaze when she mentioned her love Bruce Wayne he dismissed her with a wave of his hand " no I can't possibly leave there is to much to get done here and I could not leave the league". Ra's continued his rounds of the temple talking to league members and fixing things that needed to be fixed Ra's finally let her get to him "Fine daughter but just this once and no longer than tonight we have much to do her" Ra's and Talia made there way to the helicopter to make their way to Gotham when they landed Ra's looked around the area he remembered attacking Bruce her at his home walking up the drive way Ra's was regretting this he could have gotten many things done right now but he was here about to meet Bruce and his family the only one he was going to be happy to meet was his grandson Damien Ra's watched as her daughter told him to knock but he motioned her to knock it was her lovers home and this was her idea.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

When all of the bat boys had been summoned downstairs to the living room, they had expected the worst. Each eyed the other, trying to think of what they had done that was bringing the wrath down on their heads when Bruce walked in and explained the real situation, and it was so much worse.

As if on cue, all hell broke loose. Jason was shouting something about not wanting anything to do with those assholes, getting a very pointed glare from Damien who was just barely restraining himself from strangling the older boy. Tim was trying to get Bruce to change his mind, telling him what the probability of this ending well was, and listing off everything that could go wrong. And Dick, being the oldest of the crew simply shook his head with a small smile. He could agree with Jason that he didn't want them here either, he could agree with Tim that this wasn't going to end well, heck, he could even agree with Damien who was spouting that he didn't want his family (Talia and Ra's) to have to deal with them (the Bats).

As soon as the doorbell rang it was dead silent, as though someone had flipped a switch. No one moved until Bruce did, going to answer the door while the four of them remained rooted to the spot...except for Damien who walked right up beside Bruce. When the door opened, Damien waited patiently, looking every bit the billionaire's kid as he waited with his hands behind his back and chin up.

"Mother, grandfather, it's nice to see you both again." The youngest member of the Batclan addressed the pair. "Father has just now informed us of your plans to join us tonight."

From the doorway leading to the living room Jason mocked Damien, earning a chuckle from Tim, and an elbow in the ribs from Dick. All three boys waited and watched before hearing Alfred arrive from the direction of the kitchen.

"Ah, I see the guests have arrived. Supper should be ready shortly." He sent one of his own glares in the direction of the boys before disappearing back into the kitchen. They all knew what it meant, and no one wanted to cross Alfred.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 pm 

just passing through

Bruce smiled at Talia " thank you for coming the both of you it is great to see you Talia" Bruce closed the door behind them and was about to introduce Talia and Ra's to the boy when Talia had already gotten the names Bruce's attention went to Ra's when he mentioned the manor looking different "well yes it has changed quite a lot and I think it is great" Bruce was hoping that this would not go wrong tonight he just wanted to spend this night with his family with Talia and Ra's of course.

Talia smiled at Damien at it is great to see you as well son" Talia looked at Bruce "it is nice to see you again Bruce and I am sure that we will have a great time isn't that right Father." Talia looked at her father for an answer but he didn't really give one Talia came inside the door followed by her father she slightly thank Alfred walking into the manor Talia noticed the other members of Bruce's family "you all must be Tim, Jason and Dick it is a pleasure to meet you all" Talia took off her cape that she had been wearing and placed it on the coat rack she loved to see her son again it had been forever since she last saw him.

Ra's al ghul looked down at Damien "It is great to see you as well Grandson" Ra's heard his daughters question but gave no really answer but turned his attention back to Bruce "the manor looks different since the last time I was hear" Ra's watched as her daughter removed her cape and hung it up he did not remove his own but that was the difference between him and his daughter. Ra's followed Talia to see the other members of the family he knew them all well especially Jason "it is a honor to meet you all again and hopefully on better terms" Ra's looked around the manor it had changed a lot since he had been here he still did not like the idea of being here when there was some much he could have gotten done at his home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:21 pm 

Damien preened under the attention, his sense of superiority over the others evident in the look he gave them. Tim, Jason, and Dick all watched the enemy come in, and between the three were thinking up strategies to handle anything that may come up over supper. They all knew Alfred's rule of no weapons, or hero gear of any sort, in the Manor, and believed that extended to others as well after witnessing the older butler force people like Clark Kent, and Oliver Queen to change or hand over any weapons they may have brought with them.

When Talia approached the three of them, they all froze. How did she know them? Had Bruce talked about them to her? Did Damien tell her? When had he had the chance to do that? Glaring towards the youngest of the Bat kids who had the nerve to look innocent, Jason went to say something but was stopped by Dick who slapped a hand over his brother's mouth and gave an apologetic smile to Talia.

"It's nice to meet you to, but if you'll excuse me I need to talk to Jay about something." As he said this, Dick was already pulling Jason away, Tim right behind them. When the three were out of sight, they used one of the many entrances to the Batcave, the safest place to talk openly without being overheard.

"What the hell was that about?" Jason spat.

"It's a little early to fight with the guests, even for you." Tim supplied from where he taken a seat at the Bat Computer.

"Tim's right, Jay. We were told to behave and neither of them have done anything yet. Maybe they're on their best behaviour too." Dick said with a smile and a shrug, causing Jason to laugh.

"Those two don't have a best behaviour."

Meanwhile upstairs, Damien was asking his grandfather about the training of the League, he being the only one of the Bats actually interested and caring about this sort of thing.

"Are they proving successful Grandfather?" He asked. "I would hate to find that the League has been lacking in their expertise as of late."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:37 pm 

just passing through

Bruce watched Rim, Jason, and Dick leave and only shook his head they were not hiding down their all night Bruce thought about going to get them but instead his attention back to Talia. Bruce knew he forgot to tell them something and that was that he had told Talia about them all before “no I guess it’s was just a little surprising that you knew them by name is all” Bruce looked around the manner then turned back to Talia “how about we go on a tour of the manor while Dameian and your father talk about the league” Bruce walked Talia towards the stairs “Ra’s me and Talia are going on a tour of the manor you are welcome to join us” Bruce nodded at Ra’s answer to his invite to join the tour and he turned his attention back to Talia “shall we” Bruce lead the way up the staircase and to the up stair level of the manor.

Talia al ghul was a little shocked to see the boys walk off in a hurry “was it something I said” talia was glad to hear that it was not something that she had done and she gladly followed Bruce “I would love a tour” She turned to her father to hear his answer to bruce’s invitation she understood that her father had seen the manor before and she understood why he wanted to spend time with Damien it had been awhile since they had seen him. Talia kind of laughed at her father telling them to have fun. Talia followed Bruce up the stairs “yes we shall”.

Ra’s al ghul listened to Damien “the league are doing well we are training some new recruits that came in yesterday and they are doing better than I accepted them to do I can assure you that the League is still as strong as we ever were” Ra’s al ghul turned to look at Bruce and Talia “no that is fine I already have seen the manor once before so I see no need it walking through it but you two have fun. Ra’s turned his attention to his grandson “ how is your training doing Damien I hope you have not forgotten what your mother and I thought you” Ra’s looked down at his grandson waiting for an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm 

Hiding out in the Bat Cave for the time being, Tim was at the Bat Computer keeping a close eye on what was going on upstairs, Jason was leaning against a table pretending not to pay attention to the multiple camera screens, and Dick was busy thinking about all the ways this dinner could go wrong. It was already difficult dealing with Damien on a good day, and now that the other side of his family was here they were doomed.

"How long do you we've got until Bruce or Alfred drags us up there?" Jason asked, not uncrossing his arms as he watched Talia and Bruce leave the demon and demon spawn behind.

"Probably soon." Tim said with a sigh, leaning back in the chair.

"Think Gotham will need some extra surveillance tonight?" Dick asked, looking towards where all their uniforms were hanging up. "I mean, we could always say something came up right after dinner so we don't need to hang around and make small talk."

"Bruce would know." Tim remarked, turning in the chair to face his older brother.

"Well just work your techno magic and make it [i[look[/i] like something came up." Jason growled. "He can spend the night eyeing up his woman, and we get out of the whole thing."

Damien was happy to know that things with the League were still doing well. He still missed being part of it, and would love to go back with his Mother and Grandfather, but he knew he couldn't just leave his Father either.

"Of course not." Damien refrained from snapping. How could he think his earliest training had been forgotten? "If anything, it makes me better suited than the others." Damien said proudly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 am 

just passing through

Ra’s al ghul was glad to see that his grandson had not forgotten his training “that is great grandson” Ra’s al ghul was glad to see that Damien did not forget what they had taught him and that he was using it to help out in working with Bruce. Ra’s turned his attention to his daughter he just guessed that Bruce and her had finished their tour of the manor and he had gone to find the boys Ra’s said nothing but followed his daughter into the dinning room and took a seat at the table with her.

Talia al ghul nodded in agreement with Bruce she went back towards her father and damien she stood beside her father she didn’t really want to go ahead into the dinning room without Bruce and the boys. Talia looked around the room the manor was a wonderful she smiled when Bruce came back “of course my love” Talia walked into the dining room with her father following her they took a seat at the table and waited for the others to join them.

Bruce and Talia had finished there tour of the manor just in time to dinner “thanks Alfred I’ll go and get the boys Talia you Damian and your father go ahead and I will be right back” Bruce looked around to make sure he was not being watched even though he knew that both Talia and Ra’s already knew that he was batman. Bruce used the bookcase entrance into the bat cave. Once down in the bat cave Bruce made his way over to the boys “alright guys that’s enough hiding out down here come on dinner is ready” Bruce knew that the boys did not like Ra’s al ghul and he didn’t blame them. Bruce made his way back up into the manor where he met Talia, Ra’s al ghul and Damian “alright the boys will be up soon shall we” Bruce lead his guest and Damian into the dining room.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm 

As his parents returned from their tour, Damien gladly took the responsibility of leading his family into the dining room.

“I hope the others don’t ruin this. Especially Todd.” Damien muttered as the three of them took a seat. “Mother, what are your thoughts on the others?” He asked out of curiosity. He figured his grandfather wasn’t a fan of any of the other Bat kids, but his mother was harder to figure out. She wasn’t as strict as he was, and often fought his grandfather on matters that made perfect sense to him.

It was easy for the others to know when Bruce was coming, the cameras hidden all over the Manor doing a good job of that.

“Hey Bruce.” Dick called out as the man himself made an appearance. None of them looked all that eager to leave the safety of the Bat Cave when Bruce said dinner was ready.

“Do we have to?” Jason asked. “We all know it’s just going to be hell for everyone involved.” He stated, arms crossed as he leaned against one of the work tables.

“We’ll be up soon.” Dick said, all three watching as Bruce left.

“We are so screwed.” Jason said.

“Suit up and hope for the best?” Tim asked, swivelling around in the chair to face his brothers.

“Sounds like a plan.” Jason smirked.

As the trio made their way back up the the manor, each wearing their kevlar suits under their clothes, they felt a little more prepared to sit through dinner with demon number one, demon number two, and the demon spawn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:47 pm 

just passing through

Ra’s al ghul looked around the table and decided to break the tension between him and Bruce’s family “It is good to be here all together and not having something aimed at each other for once” Ra’s knew that Bruce was batman and after years of fighting him and his sidekick known as robin Ra’s had put the pieces of the identities of the so called boy wonder was in the end Ra’s knew who they all where and he head sometimes used that to his advantage. Ra’s heard a laugh from his daughter at his remark at not having something aimed at him even if it was true it was good to meet his grandson without having to fight him because Bruce was his father and Ra’s knew that Bruce was the Batman.

Talia al ghul looked around the table at everyone she knew that the boys other than damien did not have a good relationship with her or her father but she was not going to let that get to her. Talia wasn’t paying much attention but sort of laughed at her father's remark at not having things aimed at him. “That is true it is nice to meet here at a peaceful situation and it is great to meet you all again” Talia looked over to Bruce “it is really nice that you invited us over Bruce and I hope we can do somore often maybe sometimes you guys can visit our home” Talia smiled at Bruce.

Bruce knew that something was not right when the boys had come up he didn’t know what exactly is was but that didn’t matter right now Bruce turned his attention to his guest he would deal with the boys later. Bruce looked over to Talia when she had addressed him “maybe someday I will have to see about that because I’m busy with Wyane enterprises so I will see what I can do”. Bruce knew that the boys would not agree to go to the home of Ra’s al ghul but he knew that Damien would willing go and is probably grateful of the invitation to visit to his mothers, and grand father’s home Bruce knew that he missed the league of shadows and wanted to see them again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 pm 

The three bat boys had taken their seats hesitantly, each casting the others careful looks as everyone settled in. They tried not to send overtly negative signs to Bruce as Talia mentioned that they should do this sort of thing more often, and that they should visit the home of the al Ghul’s. That was the last thing any of them wanted. Inviting the demons into the manor was one thing, at least here they had a bit of an upperhand knowing all the secrets the manor held, as well as having a fully stocked armory in the cave. At the home of the League of Shadows, they were basically walking into a bear cave...with very aggressive, hungry mama bears.

Damien on the other hand looked all for it, of course the little brat had been raised there so going back would be like walking right back home. So it was no surprise when he looked more than pleased at the idea.

“Father, I believe finding time to visit by mother’s home would be most advantageous. You should always keep good relations with your allies.” Damien spoke from his seat, giving his grandfather a grin as he spoke.

Jason rolled his eyes, and leaned his elbow on the table.

“Maybe you should take your own advice.” He muttered before receiving a swat at his arm, knocking his elbow off the table from Alfred.

“Elbow’s off the table, master Jason.” The old butler said as he passed, distributing drinks to both the manors occupants and their guests. “Dinner will be served momentarily. If you will just give me a few minutes to add the finishing touches.” Alfred said before disappearing back into the kitchen where the smells of whatever it was he was making greeted those seated at the table.

“If I said I wasn’t hungry, could I be excused?” Tim asked, already knowing the answer to that question.

Before long, Alfred was pushing a cart out of the kitchen, piled with silver covered trays which he began placing on the table, uncovering each in turn.

“Dinner is served. If you need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

“At least one thing about this night won’t be a complete bust.” Dick said to his brothers as he began loading up his plate. “Alfred’s cooking.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 am 

just passing through

Ra’s al ghul smiled back at his grandson the idea of his grandson coming to see how the league improved after he had left the temple had been quiet since Damien had left. “I would have to agree with you Damien maybe if you all saw how the league was ran we could come to be great allies in the future maybe the rest of you will learn something useful there” .

Talia al ghul smiled at Damien’s response to the idea of them visiting their home and looked over at her father when he spoke up “It would be a great learning experience for you all and I’m sure the league would be happy to see you again my son”. Talia smiled when Alfred came in “this is amazing Alfred thank you” Talia looked over at Bruce “Alfred is so nice and he works so hard I wish there was some way I could thank him for all that he has done.”

Bruce knew that the boys were up to something but still was not sure what that was at the moment Bruce then turned to face Damien when he spoke up “yes it would be good to go there sometime but as of right now I have a really busy schedule and don’t have time between meetings and running the business in general but I may find some time to visit”. Bruce turned his attention to Alfred when he came into the room. Bruce smiled when Talia talked about wanting to thank Alfred for what he did Bruce had never found a way to thank Alfred because Alfred was not one that accepted gifts from anyone so Bruce didn’t know how to thank his best friend and family member.

Later that night

Bruce stood near the window in the library at the outline of the dark city Bruce knew he couldn’t just ask Ra’s and Talia to leave right after dinner so he asked them to stay but didn’t know what he would do if he were to be called away by the bat signal. Bruce still watched the city until the bat signal appeared Bruce looked around the room hoping to get out of the room unnoticed when he heard Ra’s speak up he quickly looked from the window then back to Ra’s Bruce didn’t want to be rude to this man so Bruce walked over to Ra’s and let him lead him into another room.

Talia was sitting on a couch with Damian and grayson she was telling stories about how the league of shadows was first created and how her father had come to be the leader of the league and also why she would not be able to take leadership over the league after her father is defeated in battle. Talia also talked about why Ra’s had chosen Bruce to become the leader of the league of shadows “but since Bruce doesn't want to take control over the league it will come to Damien to choose either becoming the leader of the league and control the league he is my son which makes him the rightful heir but anyone may become the league's new leader but only when he declares them worthy to lead the league of shadows.” Talia saw the bat signal thru the window and looked over at her father she knew what he was planning but she couldn’t say anything about the plan Talia nodded and just smiled at the boy in the room.

Ra’s al ghul stood apart from everyone he knew that the league would contact him as soon as they were in position to go through with the plan Ra’s turned his attention to the window where he saw the bat signal and watched as Bruce moved to leave the room “excuse me Bruce but may I talk to you for a moment” Ra’s saw that Bruce didn’t want to be held up for long but he agreed to speak with him “I assure you that I will not keep you long Bruce I just have something to ask”. Ra’s placed a hand on Bruce’s back leading him away from the library. Before leaving the room Ra’s looked over his shoulder at his daughter “we won’t be long” Ra’s saw her nod and left with Bruce he now just had to distract him long enough so the league could complete what they were sent to do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 pm 

If Ra’s agreeing to something wasn’t reason for alarm, the bat boys didn’t know what was. Damien was probably the only one among them who could see anything good about any of this.

As Alfred passed the table on the way back to the kitchen, he caught the comments about his cooking and smiled. Very few could resist what he made, especially his desserts, and he took great pride in this. He also caught what Talia was saying to Bruce.

“No need, miss Talia. Serving you all is well worth it. Now if you will excuse me, dessert will not finish making itself.” That said, Alfred disappeared to his kitchen, and it was his kitchen no matter what anyone said.

♦♦♦

After supper, all the boys, minus Damien, had wanted nothing more than to escape, but being the good host he was, Bruce had invited their guests to stick around for a while. Dick was with Damien in one of the living areas, he being one of the few people the youngest allowed to show affection towards. Damien was sitting next to Dick, listening to his mother tell the stories he already knew by heart.

“One day that decision will be made.” He said in response to what was being said about choosing a new leader for the League. Just then, both boys’ attention was grabbed by the sight of the Bat Signal lighting up the night sky. Both of them knew what this meant, but from the way Talia had also glanced between the signal and her father, getting away to answer the call wouldn’t be easy.

The remaining two bat boys made quick eye contact with each other and Dick before slipping from the room, Dick and Damien staying behind as Talia’s attention had been on them. Jason and Tim had seen the way Ra’s had pulled Bruce away which meant they were the only ones left to answer the call. Reaching the Bat Cave, Tim wired through to Alfred who was still in the kitchen, asking if he could provide some cover for them while Jason got the bikes ready.

♦♦♦

Receiving the message from Tim, Alfred set to making up a tray of tea and cookies, carrying this out to where Talia, Dick, and Damien were.