All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

"Yes, it is wise to acknowledge the servants. That maid who walks around here with the drink tray, she has been working hard since I have arrived. I have given her a nod and a smile every time I have set a glass on, or taken one off her tray. I think it helps them feel better."

He said as his hand took Lady Kate's and their fingers entwined. He lost himself in her eyes and said,

"And the red wine she carries in the glasses on her tray is lovely. A fruity finish, and is not too sweet or too bitter, and yes, it has calmed me. Maybe I will go ask the barman what vintage it is before the night is out."

Hearing Kate's voice also calmed him. Knowing that she wanted only him, and her request that Cedric ask her father to court her after their tense exchange earlier, did cause him to tense slightly, but he relaxed as Kate started to tell him of her best friend as she approached.

"It is good to have such a friend who challenges you. It can only make one better."

Cedric stood as Lady Elaine approached, He bowed and she smiled as she curtsied. He looked to Lady Kate and bowed as he took Lady Elaine's hand and led her to the dance floor. He hoped he could keep up with her, but Lady Elaine was quite forgiving in her steps. Cedric was able to lead her, and once they had found their rhythm, Cedric said to her as her blue eyes locked on to his,

"Lady Kate speaks highly of you and your skills of dance and horsemanship. Tell me of your friendship?"

They turned and were now near the minstrels, having crossed all the way across the dancefloor.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

She held his shoulder and softly held his hand.as they shayed to the dance floor. She counted in her head 1..2..3...1...2...3 and 1...2...3 and stepped back on her right foot and nooded, "Kaytie taught me to dance. Yes. We have been friends since kids. I am not as confident a dancer as Kate. My brother is your squire. He longs to take his vows. Kate is my best friend and fellow mage. Naturally, I am curious about you. Please tell me about you."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 am 

Cedric kept up with Lady Elaine and listened to her talk. She had a rather pleasant voice, and her eyes seemed to widen when she asked about him. Cedric took his eyes from hers and looked at the shoulder, then said as he returned his gaze to hers,

“There is not so much to know about me m’lady. The usual story is mine. A son of a soldier that has served this household. My father would be proud to know I have become an officer. If I am accepted, I will join the Royal Guard, and maybe appointed Kate’s protector.”

He turned with Lady Elaine as they started to move their way back across the dance floor. When Elaine turned her head, Cedric caught sight of a wayward strand of her hair drifting about, and he said,

“It seems I have seen you somewhere before, but I cannot remember. I have troubles remembering things since coming back from the war.”

They stepped through the dance, and Cedric smiled. It was good Kate had such a friend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:49 am 

She stayed in step with him and gazed at his new uniform, "I heard they battle was difficult. No ones the same afterward. I was told you saved the day. A hero you're called. Cedric, it the highest honor to be chosen for a royal guard and Kate would be happy to have you as her protector. Her father has been trying to find a suitor for her. She has kept you a secret. How she has managed it? I am not sure. She the only person I know that keeps secrets. You won't have any competition. Be careful around Lord Marcus. He thinks he has been promised to Kate. No one likes him."

The song was done she led him back to Kate. "Here he is. Safe and sound. Oh, yes we have met. Last spring at the tournament. I severed sweet tarts. My older brother Sir Quin introduced us. I saw you a brief moment. I am surprised you remember."

She removed a glass of champain from a servant's tray. She looked at her dance card, "Thank you Kate. My next partner is Lady Adiyn's nephew, Daren. You met him at the Spring tournament Kate. He fought against Jon and was thrown from his house. He lost his place to Sir Alek."

Kate smiled and shrugged, "You are almost as bad as Sarah. How you can keep up with all the Knights and who bested who. I can't wait for someone to unseat Jon this year. Every morning at breakfast he bost how he won three years in a row. I am sick of it."

Elain patted Kate's shoulder. A few months longer and new champion will be determined. Hard to believe another year passed. I will see you at the festival of lights in town. The mage school will not be the same without you. Princess Amanda will be a bigger pain with you gone. I can't belive you can't give the graduation speech because she is royalty."

Kate hugged her, "I did what I was told. Get her to graduate. How she got honors. I am sure she cheated or found someone to do her homework. Godfather is happy. Papa, is happy I made higher marks than Momma."

She stared at Kate and held her hand, "You mother held the top rank since she graduated. Katiee, that means you made perfect marks. We have to celebrate. How could you not tell anyone."

Kate squeezed her hands and held her in place. She glanced at Cedric, "No. This their night. We will celebrate at Heidie's. They fought hard and worked years for this night. Do not take it away from them. I will be happy to have a celebration later. Go dance your partner's waiting. He looks impatient."

Kate sat down next to Cedric and the footman behind him dropped a tray of empty glasses, "She loves having an excuse to celebrate. This is your night. You are on edge."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:37 am 

Cedric smiled at Lady Elaine as she parted. To hear Kate talking with her friends brought him joy. Yet she was right. He was still on edge. He downed his wine a bit quick to help take his edge off. She may have a dance card for him, and he wished to please all her friends. But the sad truth of it was he did not really know who he was. The blow he took in the war seemed to have messed up his memories, and he was sure that he was remembering things wrong. Yes, Lady Elaine did serve him a sweet tart, but he could not remember her brother introducing her. He watched as Lady Elaine took the dance floor with her partner, and Cedric noticed the serving maid looking at him from across the room. When he tried to look further, the dancers obscured his view, and so he turned away. He slid his hand over to Kate’s thigh under the table and gave her a gentle squeeze. He leaned into her ear and whispered,

“Have I told you how beautiful you are this night? I think I have many times. Shall I meet another of your friends before we have a dance my love?”

Cedric smiled as Kate turned her eyes to him. He may not remember everything as it should be, but he hoped Kat would bring it all back to him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 pm 

Kate leaned toward him and placed her hand over his. She gave a gentle squeeze releasing a warmth of her mana, "Thank you, my love, and yes you have. You look splendid. I adore you in the new uniform. I can't take my eyes off you or my hands. I would be happy to introduce you. Forewarning, my friends requested I play the piano for them. Afterward, your welcome to stay for singing it gets a little lively. I understand if you prefer to dance. Would you like to meet one or many?"

Kate stopped a passing servant with hazel eyes and brown hair platted over her head and wearing the Lyons's colors the same green pinafore over a solid white dress, "Rayna, Please see that Cedric is served ice water with a splash of lemon and at midnight see he gets one of Ann's wassil."

Kate noticed Cedric looked like he was in thought. She let him be lost a moment.

The hazel-eyed servant nodded, "Aye miLady, wassle was ordered for all officers. His lordship request." The servant glanced at Cedric then focused on Kate, " Tis a fine man, indeed. Nearly forgot you asked me to give this to you." She winked at Kate.

Kate winked back, "Thank you. That he is. Very fine. Oh, glad you remembered."

Kate emptied her mug of spiced cider with her free hand then touched his arm softly, "Cedric, You are in for a treat. Ann's Wassil is always served at Winterfest time. This is your dance card. I arranged all the lovely ladies on your dance card to meet us. Love, would you like to stay here or join me in the parlor; where it is quieter?"

Kate handed the ivory card with a green border it was printed in gold ink. In the middle was a picture of a fox heads facing each other. The heads encircled in laurel leaves.

Welcome to the Annual Officer's Ball

Hosted by

Lord G. Lyons and Lady Katelynn

on the back were

Lady Ansley Tully

Miss Idaylyde Greenwood

Lady Samatha Dlyragon

Miss Anna Smyth

Miss Irene Rakonstock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:21 am 

Cedric read the card and nodded. So many friends of Kate's on his dance card! Cedric didn't wish to be rude and not dance with any of them, but Kate's invite to go to the parlour with her was quite inviting. The servant that had been eyeing him through the evening had given him the dance card and some water. Cedric leanded torard Kate and said,

"It will be a joy to hear you play the piano my dear. And I wish to meet them all, and will dance with them all, and will be honoured to know all of your friends. But when all is done, I will take you in arm and we will dance slow. This is the Officers Ball, and I will enjoy each and every moment m'lady. I look forth to this wassal!"

Cedric stood and offered his hand to Kate.

"I will stay here and not cling to you dear Lady Kate, but when you start playing, I will be there!"

Cedric looked up and saw a woman in a gentle light yellow silk dress that draped lazily over her tall frame approach. Cedric asked Kate,

"Who may this be? She looks like she wishes to dance."

Cedric stood tall and bowed as the woman got closer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 pm 

Kate and the lady embraced, "So good to see you Sam. Please meet Cedric. He is a dear friend and Cedric this is Samantha. You whisked her in Jon's arms. I told her you and I met when you arrived as a boy. The four of us, if you include Jon, played together. Sam is a healer-mage in her own right. Sam, Cedric's and I have fallen in love. It is not official yet. The little boy is inside of him. He is still charming as ever."

The lady was the same age as Kate. Her hair was a darker brown with red highlights. He hair was partially up and mostly down over her shoulders. She has eyes deep green with lizard-like pupils. Her voice deeper and soft. Her skin tanned with gold undertones. Her hands were stronger and not delicate.

Sam grinned and curtsied as she extended her hand, "I am honored and delighted to meet you again. I may be mixed wth Lady Ansley. She and Lietentant Andews hit is off. She has not left his side."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:26 pm 

Cedric took Samantha's arm and this time they danced on their own. Cedric said,

"Kate is the love of my life who I always thought of. But the war, it... "

Cedric shook his head. He smiled at Samantha and went on,

"If I become her protector, I am sure it will be well known that I am her lover. Her father already thinks so"

They spun around to the music before returning to where Kate sat. Cedric stepped behind her and set his hands on her shoulders and caressed her gently. He leaned to her ear and said,

"You have some interesting friends my love."

He then took her hand when the next song started, and led her to the dance floor, and slid his arm around her waist as the fingers of his other hand entwined with hers, and the moved and swayed slowly to the mello music.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:47 am 

Kate was delighted Cedric enjoyed meeting her friends and was calm around her. The battle had effected him and he returned to Kate's side. She motioned for her servant to refill his glass with water. "Come to the parlor. We can talk and music soothes the soul. You need it. Deep breaths. Tell me what is bothering you. Give me your hands. Please, sit next to me."

She held his hand as they walked into the main hall and passed many guests. They were alone in the parlor. Kate sat in a love seat facing the fireplace. "Your tense and hands are fluttering. Remove your jacket. Face the fireplace. Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths. Lean into me. Your memories will return. You will have flashes of battle and vivid dreams. You can escape. Make a door and think of the 500 acre lake in summer. Remember the meadow. We will return there and give you new memories. I want you to take this. It is a magical item. Yes, it is your necklace of House of Lyons. Keep it with you and you need me call my name. I will come."

Kate placed around his neck a gold serpentine necklace with a pendant of a two-headed fox facing each other. The back had crossed swords and runic writing.

"It has ruins of warding and protection. So do not be surprised you can take harder hits and last longer in a fight. Do not be surprised to see animals in the barracks. You may wake up with a vixen beside you. She will be me. One Papa agrees to have you as my guard, you will have a bedroom in the manor. I will keep watch over you at night."

The mage placed his hands in hers and crossed her arms over his chest. "Rest for a bit in my mana." She kissed his cheek and filled him with healing to stop shaking. After half an hour she rubbed his arms time for music. She sat up and moved to the piano bench. She smiled as her friends with officers entered. She picked a traditional holiday tune that was slow and complicated. Followed by lively songs that most everyone knew. Then she played requests for an hour. Ann and servants brought sweets, gingerbread cookies, chestnuts for roasting and popcorn. Music and laughter filled the room.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:35 am 

Cedric looked at the pendant Kate gave him, and considered her words. It couldn't hurt should he finds himself in battle again. When she kissed his cheek, he felt himself melt, then wneh Late started playing the piano, Cedric smiled and stepped back to the doorway to listen. What did she mean by a vixen beside him when he awoke? He was puzzled by Kate, but it was one reason he loved her.

Listening to her play and everyone making requests relaxed him, and he went back to the ballroom to get some water to drink. The room had thinned out, and he found the maid cleaning up empty glasses. She gave him a nod and handed him some fresh water. Cedric was thirsty and drank it down. He gave the glass back and said,

"Thank you miss for that. I an much better."

He gave her a smile before turning to return to the parlour to hear Kate's playing. He was tired, but he didn't want to call it a night just yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:50 am 

Kate played a lively tune and most everyone joined in singing. She loved the moment of her friends and family gathered around her. This was her favorite time of year. She ended the last song with a key pound on high and low keys. She put her hands in her lap after closing the cover, "Thank you all. We have more dancing then the midnight toast. Grab your partners for the final hour. Sir Quintor will call the reels."

The party left the parlor for the ballroom was open and lines of dancers took places in two lines. The whorls of flounced dresses filled the floor. Reels and jigs were the chosen before the final midnight waltz. Then all raised their glasses for the final toast by Lord Lyons. "The final commemoration for our fine officers and soon to benighted soldiers. The battle a success and hard fought. A toast to our fallen and brave brother in arms. Their memory will not be forgotten. Salute!"

Kate stood beside Cedric and held his hand with her free hand. She raised her glass with her right. "Salute!"
She faced Cedric to you my love. Welcome home." She took a sip and kissed his cheek. Father will see to the guests. May I walk you to your quarters?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:47 am 

It was a welcome home Cedric was glad of. He lifted his glass and called out ‘Salute’ with Kate after her father’s words. He turned to Kate afterward and said,

“It will be nice to walk with you m’love. Hoping you don’t get too cold on this winter night.”

They turned and started for the door, but paused several times to say farewell to friends and comrades. When they did finally make it out, Cedric paused and turned to Kate. He said,

“I thank thee my love. This day has been long, and I feel a changed man. You brought me home tonight. Let us walk slowly, for I wish this day to not end.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 am 

Kate grabbed a fur coat from Vincent and joined Cedric as she led him out the back door. "We can take our time."

She saw Ann close the door. "I would love for you call tomorrow and we go for a sleigh ride to the lake. Bring your ice skates and I will pack a lunch. Look up, my Love. The sky is so clear. There is a full moon and there are missions of stars. We can see the path through the garden. Your love keeps me warm. I think we are both changed this evening. I feel like I could fly. I do not want tonight to end. I have never been jealous or possessive. If another female is around I want to growl a warning you are mine and she should keep her paws off you."

Kate faced him on the cobblestone back drive and held her arms out. "I love you, Cedric. My heart is yours for always and forever." She pointed to the North Star. "I give you star Polaris. The guiding star. May you never lose your way. I never want us to part again. At least not but the distance from the barracks to the manor."

She pressed her lips to his and hugged him tightly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 am 

Cedric lingered in the kiss with Kate, not wanting it to end. But the thought of spendin a day with her ice skating and riding in a sleigh warmed him inside. When they finally broke their kiss, Cedric ran his nad aling Kate's cheek and caressed her ear and hair,

"I love thee Lady Kate, ever and always. Thank you for your love, for it has drawn me home. May it be that we part not. Should it be our fate to go seperate ways, I will hold to the North Star, knowing it will bring me back to you."

The walk was soothing as he held Kate close to him. As much as he wanted to stay with Kate, he would do what was right and honourable. They paused outside the baracks, and Cedric turned to Kate. He said,

"Kate, you make me burn with desire inside. I long for the day when we will not have to part in the evenings. I will dream of thee m'lady.

He drew her to him and kissed her long and slow, knowing they would have to part until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:04 am 

Kate held him away from prying eyes. She pressed her lips to his. "Soon my love we will not have to part. I will keep thee in my heart. Cedric, I love you and thank you for a wonderful night. I know your sleep is difficult. Other than my mana meditate on the garden. I will take you there again. I will get you a key. What time can we meet tomorrow?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 pm 

Cedric listened to the soothing voice of Kate as she spoke. No, he didn't want to part, but if he was ever caught in her room again.... He lingered in anothe rkiss, and said after they parted,

"I along with my unit has leave for five more days after our commitment to the Winter Ball and Knighting ceremony. I feel my sleep will not be broken this night, thanks to you. I would like to see you tomorrow when you are free m'lady?"

He ran his hand gently over her cheek, absorbong the softness of her skin against his fingers as they lingered a little longer in the silvery moonlight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:15 pm 

She was lost in his eyes as he touched her face. She wrapped her hands around his. "I never want this moment to end. I do not want to let you go. My dreams will be of you. You have never looked as you do now. You look so handsome and you make my heart soar. I never want to be away from you. Cedric, you are my world and I am so happy. I have the whole day for you. Come to the back door when you are ready. I will have Ann make a picnic basket."

She threw he arms around his neck and nuzzled his neck. She wrapped her bushy red-brown tail around his waist, "I am yours. You are mine. No one else may claim you." She smiled and hugged him tightly, "I will see tomorrow. No goodbyes."

She grinned widely and held him tightly and she kissed him passionately. Her body felt light and she felt her heat rise. She parted the kiss and cupped his face, "I better go before I forget myself. You are wonderful. I love you."

She released him and stepped back a few steps. She longed and her body ached for him. She placed her left hand over her heart and blew him a kiss with her right. She watched as officers were filing into the barracks.
She said out loud, "I love you, Cedric. I will dream of you. Promise."

Several of the men looked behind them into the darkness as snow fell. Kate waved then stood a moment staring at him. "I will never forget this night."

Ann was standing with the back door open, "Katie! His Lordship needs you."

Kate pivoted and realized she was cold, "Coming Ann."

She lifted her dress and ran back the house. The mage got the back door and saw Cedric watch her. She blew a kiss and waved at him before going inside. Ann shooed her then closed the door.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:04 pm 

The evening was done and it was time to turn in. Taking every last glimpse of Kate as she ran back to the house told Cedrc that he was truely home and truely in love. He wished nothing more than to have tomorrow come. He made his way to his bunk and readied himself for sleep.

"Cedric, your chit is drawn. You have first fire watch."

Cedric sighed as he rolled back off his bunk. He would spend the next two hours sitting and tendng the fires that kept the barracks warm. He said to himself,

"Well, it's better to get this done first and have an unbroken night."

He checked the iron stove and set two large logs in. There woukd be little else to do, so he retrieved his journal and wrote some as he sat.

When his relief came, Cedric closed his journal and gave a nod to his comrade, and he was soon asleep, dreaming of Kate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 pm 

Kate met her father in the main hall. The last of the guests left and the servants scurried to clean up. Lyons smiled and gave her a hug, "Tonight was a success and you were gracious. I think all had a good time. The ladies you chose were all equally paired. How you executed that strategy I will never know. I may have you seat my lords at the palace. So much bickering and all I heard was laughter."

Kate hugged her father and killed his cheek, "I do not know your lords as well as I know my friends. Jon helped and I have watched your officers grow into men. It was easy to pair them with girls from school and at court. Thank you for adding Princess Amanda. She would have everyone unnerved. Your officers needed a less stressful night."

Kate yawned and pulled back from his embrace, "This was a fun evening and I think all will sleep well tonight. You looked grand Papa. Thank you for keeping Jon away and have a good night."

Lyons nodded and stifled a yawn, "We will discuss your lieutenant tomorrow."

Kate held his hands, "Of course, Papa. I invited Lady Averly just for you. I hope you have pleasant dreams." She winked and danced to the stairs holding out her hands. "La da da la de da. I will never forget this night."

She climbed the stairs and removed her dress and folded over her dressing chair. The mage let down her hair humming a waltz. She dressed for bed and crawled into bed; took a deep breath, closed her eyes and dreamed of Cedric."