All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:43 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The converseration with the Dragon Rider Master was more interesting. She hung onto every word. She never had anyone explain her abilities. To her tribemates she was feared. The only ones that accepted her was the healer shaman and her family. She admired his collection as he spoke to her. He said foreign words to her but explained their meaning. She saw him as a friend and teacher. The mage teen look up at him, "Oh meh sorry meh won't ask many at once. Just no ones explained inertia, magic, an sorcery tah meh. Meh parents learn meh inertia. Shaman gots it. Thankies. When meh talks tah yah one on one, what call ya? Yah gots a name. Meh glad ya won't hurt meh. Meh hope not tah hurt yah. Meh dragon shares inertia wit meh. Yah saya magic. Not know word. Meh gonna be lik yah meh gonna know Clearvoyance, mind magic, command ice, command darkness, an learn meh dragon inertia. "

She whistled, "Wheewsseee" She picked up the squirrel. "Magics more powerful than warrior wif axe an sword. Them very strong. If meh can stop warrior on charg'n horse wif a bow meh gonna stay wif yah."

She repeated what he told her over and over. '“Slow down there student, I can only answer so many questions at once.”
“I see through magic, a spell known as Clairvoyance. It’s a form of mind magic, usually, the spell is very difficult, and shows you a wide area far away. I made a modified version, far easier to maintain over long periods, and centered around myself. As exchange, the spell only shows my immediate surroundings. They all appear as colorless forms, with precise details like etchings on coins being blurred.

“The closest name to my magic would be inertia, as my magic comes from the dragon I originally raised. The most common name for these powers are magic, however, sorcery is also common. I have command of ice, dark, and mind magic. You are what is known as a natural, capable of using magic without aid of another being. Your dragon will enhance those powers, but you will likely be more powerful than others in the end. I want nothing but to see you all succeed. Wanting to protect those you love is a good reason to fight. Use that drive to push yourself. Everyone needs a reason to exceed yourself.'

She put down the frozen animal then placed her hands over each of his. "Meh tain't gonna harm yah." She held the top of his hands they were cold, calloused, and muscular, as she placed his palms on her cheeks. "Now ya can see meh." The mage student let him study her face.. Can meh go an sleep in mmeh room. Meh knows how teh stay awake. Mey takes care they animals an tribes gots tah travel wit heard. Meh makes hide clothes wit fur. Mey knows plant good medicine. Yah gets sick meh keeps roots. Someday yah will see. Yah gots tah heal mind an heart. Yah be ready for love two years." She held his left hand and placed two fingers on his palm. "Yah will love again. Sorry for loss. New dragon help heal yah. Yah always ya animals. Thar family." She sniffed and balled his fist and struck his chest. "Tribe custom say honor you. No good bye. Mey go now. Meh be ready at sunrise."

The mage teen gathered her tent, fleece, cards and dice, and coat. She picked up her candy and satchel. She lumbered to the door and waved to her classmates. She turned and piled all on the bed and crawled under the covers shivering.

The next morning she woke up after a few hours sleep. She was tangled in the dress and hot. She sponged bathed, brushed her teeth and left her clothes on. She made the bed and gathered her belongings. She scurried to her wagon and straightened it. Her stomach growled. The teen hurried to the inn and she ate a biscuit with ham and wrapped two biscuits in a napkin. She placed two biscuits in her coat pocket.

It was soon after that she saw Lore Master and Dragon Master talking. She was all set for hitching up her mare that would walk behind her wagon. The gypsies had hitched up the team and placed her wagon in line. Anything she misses buying would have to be made. She glanced outside it was pitch dark. She yawned and was glad the innkeeper had a carafe of hot chocolate sitting beside the fireplace. It would be nice not traveling alone. She waited by the inn's fireplace for the others. She had enough of the classroom and no desire to enter.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:10 am 

I'm just here to RP

Blog: View Blog (0)

Motto woke up with a jerk in his wagon at the words of the inn keeper and scrambled to the pub right away. He had slept well with the Dragon Master’s words in his heart. He could share his warmth with his Dragon. Motto dreamt of a small creature curled up on his chest and if anyone happened by they would have seen a large, content smile on the dozing hunter’s face. Upon entering the inn, Motto noticed the Dragon Master in the main pub area and hurried over.

“Dragon Master I saw my Dragon in a dream! Well I felt it mostl…….”

Motto trailed off as his gaze rested on the Loress. She was dressed in simple clothes and wore a cloak, but to him she was even more beautiful than before. Motto stood staring with his mouth partially open and his hands hanging at his sides.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas heard the Dragon Master's offer to continue using the room to test out more ways of starving off the cold, something he didn't feel he had to do. He was born to the cold, living in it was second nature at this point. He may as well use what few hours they had to get some rest before the big day tomorrow. Standing, Nikolas stretched as the Dragon Master continued to speak, pausing when he was told his second test was ready. That was fast. A look of surprise passed over the Northerner's face before once more clearing of any expression. 

"Thank you Dragon Master, but I believe it's a little difficult to prepare for something I have no knowledge on." He replied, meaning no disrespect in his words. It was true what he had said. He had no way of knowing what kind of test it would be. Would it be something physical? More magic oriented? Testing his skills, or crafting new ones? 

As Mayleen and Motto pulled the man's attention to them, Nikolas' used the distraction to quietly slip from the room and make his way to the one he had been given the night before. It was no more comfortable than it had been then, and Nikolas found himself no more rested when the Inn Keeper woke him. Making his way down the stairs, he had a light meal, not feeling all that hungry, before being joined by the others.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 am 

I have returned

Alma had never answered Nicholas the night before, simply smiling when asked what the test included. That smile, however dropped when Mayleen began exalting the power of magic. But he had preached enough for the night, he'd leave that lesson for another time.

Returning to the present as Loremaster sat besides him, he gave his small bag a light kick.

"This should be all the bedding I need for my room, so I see no need to give me a whole wagon. Just spread any extra food supplies I'd need about the other carts. As for plans, I would like to administer Nicholas' personal test before we arrive to the caves. How many nights will it be before we arrive there?"

Whilst waiting for her answer, Student Motto walked in, bouncing up and down about something.

"Dragon Master I saw my Dragon in a dream! Well I felt it mostl..." the energetic boy cut off, his face was turned towards Lore Master. It didn't take long for Alma to figure out why, and decided to throw the boy an out.

"Really? About how much did it weigh? Could you tell how hard the scales were, or if there was fur? Who knows, it my be a vision. Could be the dragon in your dream was actually your dragon already calling to you. You might just have the advantage, knowing what dragon you'll rear beforehand. That would be a powerful bond, if it's true."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:48 am 

just passing through

Teresa listened to the dragon master Teresa was interested when he said that he would have a test for each of them Teresa stood up and decided to head back to her room she still didn’t sleep as well as she would have liked to it ended up that she made a hammock in the rafters of her room it was made out of her blankets from the bed. Teresa thought about what her test would be and if she would be ready for it she laid in her hammock staring at the ceiling for a while she had not noticed Razor was in the hammock beside her. Teresa had finally fallen asleep and was only awoken by the innkeeper Teresa swung her legs over the side of her hammock and jumped down to the floor she whistled for Razor to come down before she took apart the hammock. After remaking the bed Teresa changed her clothes she picked out a simple hide shirt with a fur lining and hood and a skirt she had bought from the market. Teresa then made her way downstairs to meet the others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:19 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

"All right everyone! We should have left by now so now we must hurry to catch the rays of sun to get into the Village. Everyone take your breakfast and drinks out to your wagon whice is being brought around. We will go in order. Mayleene, your wagon is first. Pick up your stuff and get moving. Nikolas. your are next. Move along quickly......"Lore Master began barking out her orders as she watched them go get their things.

"Teresa. Get going. Motto, you are bringing up the rear. Get your stuff in your wagon. There are 4 more wagons behind you so don't be surprised. I will lead one as well.
Dragon master, would you bring the lead wagon into the tunnel, please. I will be the last one to go since I will be opening and shutting the tunnels. She spoke as she grabbed her things and walked out behind everyone else.

"I want to be there at least a half before sunrise so we will move out immediatly."

Lore Master mounted up and did not wait on anyone. She was extremly eager to get home again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:01 am 

Mayleen did not terry getting her bedding and coat on. She wrapped her fleece around her and carried her satchel over her shoulder along with the piece of hide. She could tell Lore Mater was in a hurry. She greeted her classmates...tribemates as she saw them, "Good morning!" She stopped and gave Motto a hug, "Yah hollar yah need anything. Get a biscuit and take a mug of hot cocoa. Ask tha names of ya horses and lern ems calls for left, right, back. Here wes go to a new life as our own tribe."

She called as she exited the inn holding her mug of hot cocoa and biscuit. She scurried to her wagon and saw the stable boy attaching her mare to the back of her wagon. Mayleen gave her mare a reassuring pat on the neck. She thanked the stable boy and handed him three silver coins. He looked at her and grinned widely, "Thanks, miss."

Mayleen greeted her new horses and let the smell her. "Ok boys. Wes gotta a ways tah go. Meh gonna learn yah. Mehs an easy driver."

The mage teen hiked up her long dress as she climbed into the driver's seat. The boy handed her the reins. "You took cares of meh horse and thankis. See yah come springtime." She set down the drink on the seat. She adjusted her dress and coat. She wrapped the fleece blanket over her and called to the Gypsy man that was talking to her horses. "What their names?"

The middle-aged man with a fur coat and slouch hat looked up at her as he steadied the team. The man replied in a husky voice, "Atwater and Sundancer. They are a good team and take turns on a dime. Ya go easy on steep roads. They eat winter wheat and rolled oats. Go easy on fruits and no sugar."

Mayleen nodded, "Don't worry. Meh will treat em like meh own. With kindness an love. Tey will be returned tah ya in springtime. Thankies. Tell ya misses thankies for the learnen may how tah bake an givin meh her cookbook. Meh giver her back book."

She faced forward, "Ok. What horses know for direction?"

The man scratched his head, "Oh, yeah. Yaw is right and Yim is left. Woah is stop. Giddy up is go. Back is back up."

The Gypsy held the lead horse, Atwater, on the left's bridle until the words "move out" were given.
The stable boy handed Maleen her satchel which she placed on the buckboard floor. She held the brake and propped up her feet on the foot rail. She removed her hood to look behind her. Everone was getting into their wagons behind her.

She glanced over at Dragon Rider Master as he rode up alongside of her on his steed, "G'Mornin Dragon Master. We isus all ready."

She looked back and gave a wave to the Gypsy man, stable boy, and innkeeper. She waved behind her, "All Ready!"

Mayleen waited for their replies and Lore Master to give the word. She released the brake and slapped the reins, "Giddie up!". She followed a dirt road that led her out of town.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:30 am 

I have returned

Alma turned to Lore Master as she instructed the students and himself about their duties. Nodding in agreement when she assigned him to lead, Alma grabbed his bag and walked out the door.

"If someone would kindly lead the blind man to his horse." Alma stated upon exiting the inn, and was quickly obliged. Now seated upon his horse, he was next led to the lead wagon. He appreciated Lore Master instructing him to lead the train, but in all honesty he would be all but tied to the wagon in either case. Traveling on roads was incredibly tedious and time consuming with such a short sight, as it barely showed him the edges of the road. But the wagon's would stay on the path without difficulty, so Alma just had to lead his horse along side the wagon.

While he sat upon his horse, he listened to Mayleen talk to the Gypsies about her new horses. Maybe the bird-girl wasn't the only one good with animals. On a side note, he had finally learned the bird girls name, Teresa, as Lore Master had stated it when giving out instructions.

He nodded when Mayleen addressed him. "Good work Student, can't wait to set out." Alma had slung his bag over the back of the horse, leaving a small side pouch within easy reach. Opening it up, he pulled out a small bag of assorted nuts, dried fruits and jerky.

"I swear this trip was longer last I took it." He said to himself, popping a dried apple into his mouth. He then turned behind him to where he hoped Nicholas was. "We may need to delay your test until after we arrive. We'll be to busy traveling from here till then."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm 

I'm just here to RP

"Really? About how much did it weigh? Could you tell how hard the scales were, or if there was fur…”

It was his lingering fear of the Dragon Master that pryed Motto’s attention from the Princess of Dragons and beauty and everything ever. The hunter blinked and brought a hand to his chin. “It felt… as heavy as a yearling, only it was smaller. Oh and it had scales. Well, leathery skin. I didn’t know dragons came with fur!!” The Dragon Master’s speculations of a possible connection registered and Motto experienced a brief euphoria that was so intense it caused him to stagger. Somehow he ended up at the Dragon Master’s feet and pawed at him. The words that came from the young man were mostly slurred gibberish, but Motto’s tone suggested that he was grateful and pleased.

"All right everyone! We should have left by now so now we must hurry….”

He jumped up at the sound of her voice and listened with all his might as the Loress directed everyone where to go. It thrilled him to hear her pronounce his name, but Motto forced himself to focus on the orders given and began to move straight for the doorway when little arms slid around him. Realizing that it was the kind-hearted tribe girl Mayleen, a smile loosened up Motto’s tense features and he returned the hug. Her advice sounded very good and he made haste to grab biscuits and a warm mug before finding his wagon. It was easy to spot. The messy one with horses that didn’t seem to get along.

“Hi there fellas..” He held out biscuits to them. “I don’t like that you have to wear all that stuff, but I am very grateful that you’re helping me get to the Dragon Riding school. I’ll do my best to be good to you guys. Quit messin’ with him! Hey, let him eat his biscuit!

"If someone would kindly lead the blind man to his horse."

Motto glanced around for a blind man but saw none. Giving his horses one last warning look, the hunter clambered up into the driver’s seat and took up the reigns with care. He hated the idea of forcing animals to labor and it bothered him to be the one to do it. This was another challenge of course. To be a Dragon Rider, he would probably have to do many uncomfortable things. Motto would do his best and try not to abuse the horses as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 am 

Lore Master swung her leg up and over her horse and lead the group for quite a ways. It was a smooth and well worn path way that lead to the Gateway.

The Lore Master pulled up to a dead end wall. She jumped down and motioned for everyone to come to her. Once everyone had gathered around her, she spoke
“This is where we go through the mountains. I know that most of you see a wall so you will have to trust me. At the Key moment there will be a path of Old Magicks. In that path will be one single beam that only lasts a few seconds so I must be ready with the Key. That is when I hold the Key in place. The beam will hit a certain spot and everyone will see a magical path leading into the Tunnel. I must hold the key until everyone is through the Tunnel.
DragonMaster will be the first one to go. There is only enough room for a wagon to travel through. Everyone else will follow. I’ll be the last one through.
While you are in the tunnel you will be going through a test. I will tell you what you should have learned after we get on the other side. Be sure to eat and drink before we go inside..
Are there any questions?” The Lore Master asked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:50 pm 

just passing through

Teresa listened to the loremaster and quickly made sure she had everything that she needed before heading out to her wagon she walked up to her mare and patted her on the neck she then moved to the other mare that was hitched up to her wagon. Teresa then walked to the side of her wagon and climbed on and took her seat a stable boy handed her the reigns she thanked him and then looked forward at the path ahead. Razor sat on her shoulder Teresa whilseld and made a motion with her hand Razor took into the air but stayed close enough so Teresa could spot him she had told him to circle the groups wagons as they went on their way. Teresa looked at her horses Teresa thought about their names for a moment she then called to her black and white mare then the chestnut one “Wind catcher, Sun Dancer” Teresa smiled as they responded to their new names “we are all ready here” Teresa called to Mayleen. When the others started to move Teresa snapped the reigns of her horses and followed the loremaster to a dead end wall and jumped down when lore master motioned for them to come to her Teresa climbed off the wagon whistled for Razor to come and then came over to the Loremaster. Teresa listened to what Loremaster had to say about the tunnel they would be going through Teresa did not really trust magic just yet but she did not really have any questions that needed to be answered at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 pm 

Mayleen's stomach growled after sunup. She reached behind her and ate some smoked beef between two pieces of bread. She later bit into a red juicy fruit and tossed the core opposite Dragon Master. She watched the blind man ride confidently in the saddle. His horse seemed to know he had a blind rider and followed the lead horse. It was that or maybe horse and rider were liked mentally. The plains teen would have to ask. After she finished a half-eaten pastry and drank sweet cider from a flask in her food locker did a wall of solid rock block the middle of the road. She by pulling back on the reins slowly. "Woahs boys. We gots to stop. Can't go no further Lore Master. Thar be a rock wall."

The mage teen pushed the break forward and hiked her shirt as she climbed down from her perch, "Dragon Master can yah see wall of rock up ahead. Can ya see Lore Mistress bring up her wagon?"

She quickly pulled the reins to her left and moved her wagon off the road. She pushed the break forward and allowed the animals to graze. She ran toward Lore Mistress licking her fingers. Lore Mistress talked about the wall. A secret entrance sounded mysterious. The place held a test and magic. This test made her stomach in knots her hands shook. She approached Dragon Master in a whisper, "Meh not know how tah take test. What be Tunnl? Meh never seen tunnl. They be all magic? Mey only see inertia from meh n shauman. How mey know what to do? Yah not leaned meh yet."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:44 am 

I have returned

Alma rode his horse along side Mayleen's wagon as they traveled, snacking on his bag of trail food along the way. When Lore Master called for the group to stop, Alma continued to ride his horse forward until the wall and women in question entered his field of view. Alma made the horse stop and perform a parade standing turn so he faced Lore Master. Mind magic was damn useful when riding a horse.

"Thank you for worrying student, but as you can see, I am doing quite fine." Alma listened to Lore Master's words, his memory bringing up when he entered this tunnel. Mayleen's newest set of questions broke Alma's revere. She sure liked to ask questions, didn't she?

"The best way to learn how to take a test is to take it." Alma whispered back, then moving to her next question. "A tunnel is a path cut through stone. Not all tunnels are magic, but magic is often used to make tunnels." Her last question came as more worried than curious, so Alma set her fears to rest. "You don't need teaching to be tested. You didn't need teaching to take mine, did you? You'll learn as you go, so relax for now."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:26 pm 

As the Dragon Master announced that they should have left by now, Nikolas remained silent, his arms crossed as he listened. He had heard what she had said last night, and from what it looked like everyone was ready to go. So why hadn’t they left yet if it was so important to catch the sun’s rays? Her barking of orders did nothing to change the Northerner’s mood as he picked up his bag and moved to the wagons.

He had no experience with this method of travel, having either gone on foot or by sled his whole life. When he was handed the reins, Nikolas paused, studying them for a moment. It didn’t look too different from how a sled was set up, just bigger. The Dragon Master’s voice caught his attention and he glanced up to where the man was addressing him from.

“Of course, Dragon Master.” He acknowledged. He was still curious as to what this test was to be. Before long they were moving out.

Nikolas remained lost in thought as the group travelled along, nothing really catching his interest along the way until they stopped at a wall. Stopping the horses, Nikolas climbed down and moved to stand by the Lore Master as she explained what was happening.

Another test? And again one they hadn’t been warned of beforehand, or given any way of knowing what to expect. Nikolas was beginning to sense a theme here.

“What if we don’t learn what you expect us to?” He asked, more curious than worried as Mayleen seemed to be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 pm 

"Everyone listen up. You will be tested everyday in ways that you don't expect. Get used to it. The time is close by so line up in front of me. Once this door opens, everyone must go quickly. Just keep moving at a steady pace and do not stop. The testing will start when you get around the bend. " Lore Master went to her post and watched the sky for the first ray of light. She pulled her pendant out and held it up into the sky, waiting for that first single ray that she must catch with the key's eye.

"Get moving! She called out as she heard the rumbling of the door opening.

((Inside the tunnel is darker than any dark that you will have ever seen. Each test will be done in rotation like. Everyone must post for this sections before I post the next one. And here we go!
As you turn the corner- don't worry! The horses know the way instinctively and will be explained later- you will lose all of your sense of hearing.....Describe how this effects you and your outlook.))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 am 

I have returned

Alma had actually positioned his horse directly in front of the door. When it opened he turned his horse sharply and went inside. While the tunnel was exceptionally dark, his sight spell was unbothered by the effect.

However, that was a secondary concern to the loss of his hearing. There was no hoof beat, breathing, not even the sound of his own heart. He could not tell if the student’s had followed him in, his sight didn’t reach them and he couldn’t hear their carts. But, he trusted they would be there on the opposite side.

He had known what the tunnel would do, he had crossed it once before. Despite that the loss of hearing was discomforting, his ears had become his most reliable sense. The feeling of losing it reminded him of a later section of the tunnel, last time he made the trip. But that didn’t matter right now, the students needed a strong lead, so Alma sat tall in his saddle. They would see him unbothered by the tunnel’s magic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:37 pm 

Mayleen was apprehensive but this was what she could expect. Test on what she knew and adapt. She remounted her wagon and enter what seemed darkness without the ability to hear.
I gots to rely on me again, She sighed. She climbed back in her seat and reached into her sack, then popped a solid sugar drop into her mouth. She held the reins tight in her fists as she followed Lore Master and Dragon Master. She looked back at the wagons followed her. The light slowly faded. Her eyes took longer to adjust. The teens breathing quickened as anything could jump out at her. The air was different, less breezy and her cheeks did not sting. She shuttered not feeling the sun's rays. She took a deep breath and felt her heart quickened. She turned her head searching left and right. She tried to calm herself as the team moved forward. She felt the tension in her horses. "Steady Boys." No echo as in a cave.
Meh can't hear the clop of hooves or rattle of wagon. She had to control her breathing to keep calm. Remember your naming trials. Me heard voices in meh head. She concentrated on Motto. She pictured him in her mind. Ya knows meh. Meh can not hear tha wagon or horses. Meh says in yah mind. Meh sees only dark.
She felt the tension of those behind her. She felt calm in front of her. Lore Master and Dragon Master knew this place. She focused on her mare, Jus follow meh wagon.
She touched her pounding heart and breathed deeply she looked behind her. Teresa, ya hears meh in yer mind? No sound. So dark? Nic, I sees dark. Hears notfin."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 pm 

I'm just here to RP

When the Loress called them all forth at the wall and explained there was to be a test, Motto felt hot. His heart was beating and his palms felt itchy. Concentrating on her instructions to eat and drink, he didn’t have time to think of a question until everyone was already hurrying back to their wagons.

Would he get stuck in the wall?

With shaking hands he took up his reigns and remembered his Master’s words. EAT AND DRINK. The hunter turned to survey his wagon and heard the Loress call out for them to get moving. Groaning, Motto grabbed a handful of what looked like granola and poured it into his mouth before gulping down the reminder of his hot cocoa. It was now cold cocoa. And the granola turned out to be a mixture of sawdust and dirt. Determined to not disappoint the Dragon Princess again, Motto chewed with all his might as the horses pulled him around a corner.

Darkness overtook him. Something more than darkness. It was a deep and terrible black that seemed to touch him. Motto’s vision was abnormally sharp (although he was unaware of it) as well as his hearing. The hunter’s ability to detect sounds as well as distinguish them in the midst of other noises was another talent he possessed without realizing it. As his wagon continued further into the tunnel, Motto became painfully aware of the change. He shook his head and smacked it, blinking and panicking in the muted void. Motto’s breathing became erratic and he clutched at his chest in order to assure himself that he was in fact, there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:33 am 

Nikolas didn’t much like the answer he was given, if it could really be called that. Go through the tunnel, knowing next to nothing about what to expect. Accepting that this was all he would get, the Northerner returned to his wagon, and prepared to follow the others in.

He wasn’t sure what to expect. Maybe some sort of quick reaction thing, or having to choose the right path...being plunged into sudden darkness and silent had not been one of those expectations. At first Nikolas thought nothing of it, most tunnels were dark and eerily silent...maybe not this silent, but still relatively quiet aside from the drip of water, or the sound of some animal that had made their home there. This was different. Any sound of the wagon that Nikolas had paid little attention to after growing use to it was gone, leaving an emptiness in its place. That’s what it was, empty. True, back home it got dark too as soon as the sun set but this dark was so much worse. There were no stars, no moon, no fire pits, or torches. It was very disorienting and a little disturbing. Hearing and sight were two of the main senses Nikolas relied upon, having them taken away was never something he had ever wanted to consider. He wondered what the purpose of this way. How often would they be going deaf and blind to need to have experienced it before hand?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:13 pm 

just passing through

Teresa quickly made her way back to her wagon and picked up the reigns and prepared to follow the others into the tunnel "Razor get into the back of the wagon and I'll will tell you when to come out.

Teresa was not sure what she was to suspect when she entered the tunnel she noticed that the tunnel was indeed dark it was unlike anything she had seen in her tribe they had gone through caves and mountain tunnels that were dark but this was an unnatural darkness she did not even hear the sounds of the wagon or the horses hooves on the ground. Teresa had used sound and visuals when hunting animals in the wild but having those taken away but she kept calm Teresa griped the reigns to ensure they were still there. She was not used to seeing magic first hand but she just thought about what her father had always said to her "if you ever come into contact with someone who could use magic just stay calm" Teresa stopped thinking about what could possibly happen in the tunnel and thought about home where her father was waiting for her letter when she got to the school to say that she had made it and that she was safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next