All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kingdom of the Sun
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Althaia slept about as well as was possible on the old, way-too-firm bed in her room. She woke up just before sunrise, as per usual. She got up and got herself ready for the day, checking her things, making herself presentable, and then heading downstairs to see what passed as breakfast in the small inn. She had a small breakfast, the food neither the best, nor the worst she had ever eaten. There were few others up and about, so she went undisturbed as she ate. It wasn't long before she finished and headed out.

She checked on her horse in the stable, making sure that she was fed and watered, before taking a walk around the town. People seemed to be starting their days, opening their shops, going about their mornings as usual. She waved at those friendly enough to wave at a stranger as she passed by, heading for the meeting place. She was rather early, so she wasn't sure anyone else would be around, but nevertheless, a few minutes later, she had arrived.

As expected, she didn't see anyone else there. She didn't see anyone, but she sensed something, or rather someone, nearby. Someone using a concealment spell, she thought. But why? "Why hide yourself?" she wondered aloud, loud enough for it to be heard by whomever was hiding, before shrugging and deciding it best to leave him be. She sensed no malicious intent, and she generally had very good instincts about these things. At any rate, it wasn't like she could force him out of the concealment even if she wanted to, and she was certain that he would reveal himself when he felt it necessary to do so. Until then, she found a place to sit down, crossing her legs and leaning back on her hands while staring up at the sky, watching as the light chased away what remained of the darkness. She wondered briefly if, perhaps, the person using the concealment would be a part of the group that she would be a part of, and then wondered what he might look like, before deciding that speculating was pointless, although, to be honest, she had little else to do until the others arrived.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:20 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"I said out, out you deprived bastard!"

Screamed the tavern owner as they kicked Abe out of said tavern.

"Oh fine! It's not like your ale was any good anyway! Also your beer tastes like day old donkey ****!"

The door slammed shut behind him as he turned away to face onlooking townsfolk.

He smirked, and strolled off towards the stables. Where he had brought Midnight to rest for the night

"Hello old friend!" He called out towards his horse as he made his way into the stables.

Midnight, who had been his one and only true ally in battle, had been his trusty steed for about a year now.

"Here, I swiped you something from that evil witch of a tavern wench!" He took out a tasty looking apple, and fed it to the horse.

"Oh! I have to head off to that damn event thing! Well Midnight, daddy is off to find himself a band of merry misfits! Wish me luck!"

With that he ran out of the stables and off towards the staging area for the teams.

It was still early, and he could only spot one person. A woman, a woman that he had yet to introduce himself too.

"Well hello there my dear maiden!" He called out towards her as he approached at a steady pace.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:06 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Shortly after Grey had arrived at the meeting place, a girl arrived as well. She didn't look like a villager. Probably another adventurer. Grey Sighted in his concealment. Great, a rival for the reward money. The good thing was that she didn't seem very strong. "Why hide yourself?" The girl surprised Grey a little by asking this question. Could she be a fellow mage? He decided to keep hiding and observe the situation. It was still a while before the designated meeting time after all. Not long after, a man showed up. His appearance was also not one of a normal villager. So rough and wild could only be an adventurer that used his muscles and weapons. In other words, an idiot. Grey didn't keep a high opinion of the typical adventurer. He decided to stay back and await what would happen in a while.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm 

Althaia was sitting in her chosen spot, enjoying the sun and the quiet for as long as was possible. That was, until a rather loud voice broke through her precious silence. She tilted her head just enough to see the man through one barely opened eye. He looked rough and like he was still a bit hung over from the night before. At least that's what she thought. He seemed like a swordsman, the usual adventurer type, rather than a mage or a healer. Useful to have around at times, but sometimes not the best conversation. Someone who might act on his gut or on impulse rather than careful consideration. Still, she would reserve the final judgement, for now.

She eyed him as he approached, deciding how best to respond, but opting to go with her usual honest, hold-nothing-back approach. "I'm not your dear, or your maiden. But hello," she greeted him as she sat up criss-crossing her legs, opting to avoid leaning back with her eyes closed around him. He seemed like the type who enjoyed the ladies, and she had no intention of allowing him the chance to enjoy her. "Are you still drunk?" she asked in an entirely serious manner as she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes, as if deciding for herself that he was at least not fully dried out.

After a moment she shook her head and shrugged. "You're here for the mission. A sword-fighter, I assume. I suppose that means I should introduce myself," she spoke the latter in a half-mumbled manner, to herself more than to him. "I'm Althaia. And to be clear, I'm not interested, so don't bother trying," she introduced herself, and warned him not to try flirting, or seducing her, or whatever he might call it. Even if she were interested in romance right now, which she wasn't, she found it unlikely that he would be the one she would go for. Could she be wrong? Maybe. But probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:38 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Abe smirked and gave Althaia a wink.

"That's alright love!" Exclaimed Abe.

He plopped down beside her and glared up towards the sky.

"It's a lovely day isn't it?" Abe could of flirted with the woman. Put on that charm of his that would probably ignore due to her comments.

Yet Abe was alright with this, and decided to just enjoy the company. "I am indeed a sword fighter, one of the most charming ones you will ever have the honor of meeting!" He said with a chuckle as he turned to face her. " I am also interested in this whole "mission" thing he said as he gave her a smile.

He glared back over near the staging area where he guessed the other adventures will come. Maybe this will be something grand, or maybe something boring. He wasn't sure. Regardless though, if there was indeed was an mission that could earn him some gold, and help him pay off his debts. It was worth the venture. Abe then turned towards Althaia.

"Could I ask you something?"

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:23 pm 

Althaia's eyes followed him as he sat plopped down next to her. "I suppose it is," she replied as she looked away from him up towards the clear blue sky. It was beautiful. The day almost seemed to sparkle, tempting you to forget the things that had happened here, the reason they had been called here. Everything seemed peaceful and bright, as though nothing was wrong in the world. But plenty was wrong, and they knew it, even if others tried to ignore it, or forget it.

"Is that so?" she replied when he stated that he was one of the most charming sword fighters she would ever meet. "We shall see," she replied, finding a middle ground between seeming like she agreed and telling him that it was doubtful. "Hmmm. Yes, well, I imagine that is why you are here," she replied with unintentional sarcasm. She couldn't help herself sometimes. These things just came out. "At any rate, we'll find out what it's all about soon enough, I imagine. Though, I'm getting the feeling that there won't be many of us. Not that I'm complaining."

She fell silent again, not having a whole lot more to say at this particular moment. Instead, she leaned back a little and looked up at the sky again, until Abe spoke to her. "Hmmm? Sure, I suppose," she replied, glancing his way. She wouldn't promise to answer, depending on the question, but she wouldn't stop him from asking whatever it was.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:16 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Abe turned and gazed up towards the sun for a brief moment. Something was off about today, and he could not put a finger on it. He could simply just turn and gaze as the woman seated next to him. "Did you too receive a contract from your guild for this?" Those were words he wanted to inquire from each contestant. He wasn't use to it after all, assisting others like this in a journey into the unknown. Then again he wasn't all too clear on what this contract was about. He sighed, and waited to see what was going to be her response.

Maybe she say yes, or maybe he was the only one who received a contract. Who could tell afterall? Certainly not he.

H.P. Lovecraft

PostThis post was deleted by Wolven on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:53 pm.
Reason: People do't like me
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Grey quickly lost interest in the conversation between the girl and the idiot. As he was waiting for the time of the mission start, villagers started to fill up the little space between the last few houses of the village and the small wooden platform. It seemed like not all villagers had gone to take care of their normal lives. No wonder, in a small village like this, this must be about the most exciting thing that happens except for the disappearances themselves. Surely at least some of them would take the time to view the ‘spectacle’. Grey didn’t regret his concealment spell one bit. Being stared at by these unknowing country bumpkins wasn’t very pleasant.
Exactly on time, when about twenty villagers had gathered, it suddenly turned quiet. At first it wasn’t really clear what the reason was. That is until an old man climbed on the low platform. The old man was pretty short and had a long beard. Next to him the lady of the Adventure Guild looked very tall. She stepped on the platform after the old man. Even with the platform, the old man didn’t reach the height of the villagers standing before the platform.
Grey mixed in with the villagers and gradually lifted his concealment spell. It seemed like the mission would finally start and in that case it would probably be better to not be hidden. He kept his hood up. Although everyone’s eyes were on the old man and nobody was paying any attention to him.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:52 am 

Althaia quirked a brow at the question, glancing at him for a moment before allowing her eyes to wander to the villagers who had begun to gather. "No, I wouldn't say that it was a contract. A messenger appeared and offered me a scroll with the mission enclosed and left," she explained. "I'm not under a contract or any other binding obligation to be here. I simply chose to accept the mission because it seemed like a decent one and I had nothing better to do," she explained, shrugging in a casual manner.

"I take it that was not the case for you?" she wondered aloud, although she immediately began to wonder if this was not a mistake, and she should not have kept the question to herself. After all, it was a rather redundant question, as his question had been specific enough to suggest that he was asking for a reason, likely because he had, in fact, been given a contract by his guild. He seemed like the type who might find himself in trouble and have an undesirable job forced on him to make up for it. But then, that was speculation. At least if he answered, it would be confirmed. But then, did she really need such confirmation?

She kept her eyes on the curious onlookers who had gathered, likely to observe what was probably one of the most exciting things to happen in their little village in some time, minus the disappearances. Of course, there was not currently much to see, and she thought that they might find themselves disheartened to know that so few took up their request, but it was what it was. She had no intention of failing, even if there were only three of them.

Speaking of the third--or rather the one she assumed was the third, but again, speculation--he had yet to reveal himself. At least, he didn't until the old man appeared with the girl from the adventurer's guild to signal the start of their little adventure. Once the crowd gathered at the platform and the small old man and the girl stood on the platform, he revealed himself. Of course, he wore a hood and was mixed in with the crowd, so it was impossible to determine his identity, especially from where she sat. Nevertheless, it confirmed that she had been correct. He was a mage, given the concealment spell he had used, so it was a pretty safe assumption that he was here for the same reason she was.

She still wondered why he concealed himself until now, but she supposed it hardly mattered. Perhaps he simply didn't like people, or conversation, and he hid to avoid such things. Or perhaps he wanted to observe them to see what matter of people they were before interacting with them. Perhaps both. Either way, she guessed that it would likely become evident when they began their mission. The reason why he revealed himself now was obvious enough. And he was intelligent enough to lift the spell gradually while blending in with the crowd, rather than making a spectacle out of it, so she would give him points for that, anyways.

At any rate, now was the time to focus on the old man on the stage, not the mysterious mage hidden in the crowd, nor the burly swordsman next to her who still gave off a slight scent of alcohol. She thought that this would be a very interesting mission. They were certainly a strange group. At least, that's what she thought. Perhaps they would work well together, despite this. Only time would tell.