All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:47 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Another big cliché desire I have, dragon riders. I don't care if the concept has been done to death, probably up there next to zombies, I absolutely love the idea. Also dragons. You can never go wrong with dragons.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:04 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

A really soap-opera like thing. You know, the whole drama, good twin/evil twin, people cheating on people, people everyone assumed had died come back (probably after their spouse had married their sibling or best friend), all that jazz. It would probably be the cheesiest roleplay in History if it ever happened.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:01 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

@Shades, that sounds fun. It would crazy as hell but awesome at the same time.

I think something like the movie "The Purge" would be fun but I'm not sure the best way to approach it.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:03 pm 

Best Couple (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (6)

I've always wanted to write two very closely bound together best friends. The sort of people who are bound together in a way that is utterly unique and doesn't disappear. Off the top of my head, Danny Tanner and Joey Gladstone, Drake and Josh, C3-P0 and R2-D2, Sam and Frodo, Lu-Kang and Kung-Lao, House and Wilson, Soap and Price, and Brian and Stewie Griffin all sort of fit in this category. The list of examples goes on forever, so I'll just cut it short where it is.

I've always wanted to write these two literally inseparable characters and have something put them against one another. Put them against one another in a way that isn't subtle though, something that isn't resolvable. It's overdone in some TV and writing, but the idea is so beautifully dark. Especially the aftermath, if played right.

Last edited by Fearless Sissy on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
fixed bbcode

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:15 pm 

Sort of back.

Sojourn wrote:
@Shades, that sounds fun. It would crazy as hell but awesome at the same time.

I have been considering that for a while, but I have no idea how I'd make this work. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

@Shades @Sojourn
I have done that soap opera type deal! It was extremely fun, especially since neither of us really took it seriously and were just throwing in plot twists. Probably the greatest thing that happened was when character A fell in love with his best friend, character B, who was dating a girl, and then Character A's sister died of a terrible lung disease, and he had loved his sister so he had an emotional breakdown, kissed character B, and ran away. He tried to kill himself but was saved by a woman, who offered him shelter. They slowly fell in love and then it turned out that the woman was character B's estranged sister.
This role play has been going on for over four years, and is currently on its way to series two, which follows all of our characters' children, who have superpowers because character A's mother was a secret government scientist who experimented on the daughter, accidentally giving her the lung disease but also exposing all her friends to sciencey particles of superpowerness that radiated out of her body.
We don't take ourselves seriously, and it's very much just a wacky de-stress thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:45 pm 

Sort of back.

@Cotton

It's something of the sort that I have in mind. Like those really cheesy afternoon soap operas (in here, they came by an Argentinian network) where everything is super dramatic, over the top... and funny as heck. It would have to be done with some people who really don't take themselves or their characters seriously for this to work in all its glorious cheesiness.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:49 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

That sounds awesome @Cotton. I love cheesy stuff sometimes and a story like that, you definitely could not take it seriously. Over the top stories and characters make for lots of fun.

I once wrote a group of three talking Dragons that talked like the Dinobots for Transformers just for the hell of it. They wanted to sing off key and find gold. They thought they were rock stars.

(Yeah...I don't always take myself or characters seriously. XD )

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:04 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

I really wanna do a ghost story.

A cute one. One where a ghost and a person become friends. I love cute ghosts. I really do.

Sent from t̗͈ͥ͒͒̅̑̿h̺ͣ̑̐̎̑̇͝ẹ͇͊ͤͅ ̗̝͖̠͍͔̺ͣ̓͆͐̕v̶͂̒͗oͭ̀̌̉̿ỉ̉̌̒̓̈͌͠d̛̤̻͖̂͊͗̈͑ using Tapatalk

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:34 am 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Fearless Sissy wrote:
I really wanna do a ghost story.

A cute one. One where a ghost and a person become friends. I love cute ghosts. I really do.

Sent from t̗͈ͥ͒͒̅̑̿h̺ͣ̑̐̎̑̇͝ẹ͇͊ͤͅ ̗̝͖̠͍͔̺ͣ̓͆͐̕v̶͂̒͗oͭ̀̌̉̿ỉ̉̌̒̓̈͌͠d̛̤̻͖̂͊͗̈͑ using Tapatalk

I agree. Cute ghosts are best ghosts. One that kinda just hangs around, attempting to do their job properly and failing. I actually have a plot idea in that sort of area that I don't have the chance to use for now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:41 pm 

Sort of back.

One of those thrillers - supernatural or otherwise - in which everyone ends up dead. I mean everyone, there's no 'your character might die', there is 'your character WILL die at some point'. But I would like to do it in an over-the-top, cheesy, B movie-esque way, just for the fun of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Reviving this one to see if there are any new wants people are after of the wonderfully-cliche variety!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 am 

I have returned

I want to pull of an SAO/Log Horizon esc RPG, but get really into the mechanics of what make that game tick. It's something I've wanted to do ever since I started roleplaying.

On the romantic side of things I got a major weakness for lesbians, but as a strait male, I don't think I could ever pull that one off.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

For some odd reason, I involve Disney related stuff into my RPs almost all the time. Either giant RPs with kids fight villains in some sort of manner, while this isn't necessary a cliche for others, it kind of is for me.

Going back to the beginning of this thread, I actually have lived the hate-love relationship before (though not in a romantic way). My bestfriend and I hated each other from the beginning, but over high school time frame we grew to become best friends who were inseparable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:57 am 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
3rd Year (1)

I have one that I pops up in my head from time to time of a forbidden relationship growing between two people who are best friends, but the woman is married. They have been friends for years: 20+, and he has always been attracted to her, but never seems to actually get involved with her (either from being way too shy, or the timing is wrong). Only to have him end up living with her and said husband at almost the same time their marriage starts to fall apart...and the attraction continues. Something cliché like that creeps into my thoughts every so often.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Dnarion wrote:
I have one that I pops up in my head from time to time of a forbidden relationship growing between two people who are best friends, but the woman is married. They have been friends for years: 20+, and he has always been attracted to her, but never seems to actually get involved with her (either from being way too shy, or the timing is wrong). Only to have him end up living with her and said husband at almost the same time their marriage starts to fall apart...and the attraction continues. Something cliché like that creeps into my thoughts every so often.

I love it! I've had a similar sort of Cliché plot stewing about in my head for some time too. Even wrote a short of it on my own. The setting was in France at the outbreak of world war 2. I was inspired when I was watching the movie Casablanca.
So... I think I have a character profile for the friend/wife/lover now. Just needs a bit of tweaking...

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 pm 

Sort of back.

A noir mystery/romance story. Tbh, I have so many cliché desires I could single-handedly feed this thread for weeks. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm 

I feel like I am in an AAA meeting lol

hi! I am Velvetwings, I am also addicted to "dragon rider" based threads...and Dark Vampire Romances and love hate relationships lol

-

Course I totally disagree! ...Dragon Rider theme has not been over done! It just hasn't! *gets dragged off in straight jack to detox* I still like dragons! *begins electro shock therapy*

okay I am cured :)

so...*twitches and blinks rapidly* I was thinking, large creature, with scales, long neck and tail, masives wings....who is an Alien from outer space...and totally not what you are thinking of!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:35 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

a character with a personality disorder and totally not caring about it
not sure if it is cliche enough but yeah I wanna play this character, and mental disorder characters have become a little cliche right?

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 am 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

a character with a personality disorder and totally not caring about it
not sure if it is cliche enough but yeah I wanna play this character, and mental disorder characters have become a little cliche right?

Reminds me of the mad scientist...going back to "friendly ghosts".. there is Caper and the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. ...the window buys the house of a dead sea captain.