All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suicide Squad Beta OOC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:46 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

You tried, and failed. Well, maybe failed is a little too harsh. What we mean to say is that you were not accepted to be on the Suicide Squad. Better luck next time, we'll let you know when a spot opens up.

And you just couldn't leave well enough alone, now could you? Of course not!

Welcome to Suicide Squad Beta! The unofficial, working undercover (read without permission, consent, approval, insert additional words here) of Amanda Waller's own pompous squad.

So what is Asterous trying to do this time? Good question...that I don't actually have a real answer for. But, not knowing when to leave things to die, I decided to bring this favourite of mine back...with a twist! If you read the Interest Check I posted forever ago, you will have seen what I'm talking about, but I'll post them here too (with a little editing).

♦♦♦♦♦

1. There will be NO original Suicide Squad members. No Harley Quinn, no Killer Croc, no El Diablo...get the idea? I'm looking for those characters not as well known/in the spotlight from the farthest reaches of the DC Universe...or a totally brand new character that no one's heard of, yet.

2. This will be fairly open and sandbox-ish with you the roleplayers making up what happens next. Does the squad go to Gotham and terrorize the streets giving Amanda's little group a run for their money while giving the big bad Bat a headache? Or perhaps they decide to pull a heist of their own in Bialya and have Queen Bee looking for a way of exterminating the hooligans. It's up to you! There may be drama, there may be bloody knuckles and unconscious squad members.

♦♦♦♦♦

I don't yet have a character in mind for myself, but as I said above, I want the not so popular/well known characters (whether OC or canon). It's an open world set in the DC Universe so come one, come all! Time to cause some mayhem!

Character Sheet | +
Code:
[b][color=#FF0000]Real Name:[/color][/b] TEXT HERE
[b][color=#FF0000]Alias:[/color][/b] TEXT HERE
[b][color=#FF0000]Appearance:[/color][/b] (Photo or Description) TEXT HERE
[b][color=#FF0000]Powers/Abilities:[/color][/b] TEXT HERE
[b][color=#FF0000]Brief Backstory:[/color][/b] TEXT HERE

Accepted Characters:
Samuel Rainer (Black Dragon)
Leslie Willis (Livewire)
Tristan McCormick (Gunslinger)
Andrew Gould (Flamespawn)
Robert Kirkland Langstrom (Man Bat)

Current Happenings:
- Those considered for Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad who weren't chosen have received a letter stating so
- Belle Reve Penitentiary is currently having a minor break out of the villain kind!

Tagging cause you people showed interest way back once upon a time, and I love you all!
@Rainbow @Evaaaa @JDizzle383

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Last edited by Asterous on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Suicide Squad Beta
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Alias: Black Dragon

Alias: Powers/Abilities:
Master Swordsman
Master Martial Artist
Multi-Lingual
Skilled Assassin

Weakness
Samuel is particularly blind in one eye and it hinders his fighting
Samuel also very rarely follows instructions he often goes out on his own.

Appearance: (Photo or Description) Samuel is 5' 8" strong build, short black hair, blue eyes, he wears a black light armor with a silver dragon symbol on the front of it and sliver claws on his gauntlets, tan skin, and a scar on his left eye, he has two large black metal katanas with the design of two silver dragons down the blades (which heat up to about 1000 degrees and sometimes are on fire) , and a small pistol.

Brief Backstory: Samuel was young when he joined a school of the martial arts he was the best in his class that was of course because he had been a solider but that was short lived because of his injury a long time ago given to him by a fight with the batman just because he was trying to make money for his mother and little sister. Samuel joined the school after that and he graduated to be the masters right hand student. Samuel after wards left the school looking for something more than this he later became a mercenary thinking of what he did was right even though he kept catching the attention of the batman and he dose not really know why.

Alias: Man Bat
Appearance: (Photo or Description) http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 1101221017

Powers/Abilities: Transformation: Upon injection of the Man-Bat Serum, Langstrom can transform himself into a half-human/half-bat creature. Once the serum wears off, the Man-Bat returns back to human form. After years of exposure to the serum, Langstrom is able to transform at will.

Flight: Man-Bat can fly by way of artificially generated leather wings.

Claws: The Man-Bat has sharpened claws which are strong enough to easily tear through flesh and muscle.

Echolocation: Man-Bat can navigate through the air by way of echolocation, similar in function to a bat's radar.

Sound Manipulation: Man-Bat is able to create sonic waves that stun people nearby him.

Biology: Langstrom is an accomplished zoologist specialized in chiropterology and mammal biology.

Chemistry

Weaknesses
Vulnerability to Sensitive Senses: Man-Bat's hearing is highly sensitive and extremely loud noises cause him great pain. He is also extremely sensitive to bright light, preferring instead to remain in dark locations.

Brief Backstory: After college, Kirk became a zoologist and nocturnal mammals expert employed by the Gotham Natural History Museum. He long admired the careers of costumed crime fighters and wanted to emulate them, particularly the legendary Batman. Langstrom later refines his serum, enabling him to retain his human intelligence while in bat form, and allowing himself control over his transformations. He works for a while as a detective and independent crime fighter as Man-Bat, while he and his fiancee, Francine marry and have a daughter, Rebecca. Eventually, however, his instability returns and he is left unable to control his transformations. In this condition, he clashes several times with Batman in the Batcave (which he finds by following other bats through the network of caverns; he does not recall its location in human form, and he never knows Batman's secret identity), believing — erroneously — that his daughter is dead and that Batman is somehow responsible.

Last edited by Rainbow on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 am 

Alias: Livewire
Appearance:
| +

Powers/Abilities:
✦ Electrokinesis: Ability to absorb, generate and project volumes of electrical energy of an extremely high voltage. She also has the ability to transform into living energy. In that form she can transmit herself through powerlines.
✦ Energy Absorption

✦ Electro-Blast: Livewire also uses an unusual application of which is the ability to act as a radio antenna as well as fire powerful blasts of electrical energy.

✦ Electromagnetism: As an application of Electrokinesis, Livewire can also generate an electro-magnetic field.

Weaknesses:
✦ Her stored electricity will short circuit and at least partially dissipate if she gets wet.
✦ Absorbing large amounts of electricity makes it hard for Leslie to "think straight" and makes her actions erratic.

Brief Backstory: Once a shock jock who's show centered around bashing Superman, Leslie soon found herself out of a job when the owner decided to turn the station into a country station. Born with the gift of controlling electricity, Leslie's powers were further augmented when, enraged at losing her job, she climbed to the top of the building and was struck by lightening. Absorbing a large chunk of energy from the bolt, Leslie's appearance changed to include pale white skin, and blue hair, and so her life as a villain began, starting with swearing revenge on Superman.

Last edited by Asterous on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 am 

We're not here to talk about my surrender, we're here to discuss yours.

Blog: View Blog (0)

@Asterous: I'd really like to join in on this, if you'll have me. :)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:56 am 

Cryptique wrote:

Uh...yes! =D

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:05 pm 

Asterous wrote:
Cryptique wrote:

Uh...yes! =D

Great! I shall get a character or characters up sometime tomorrow. :)

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 am 

@Asterous: Here is my character.

Fulll Name: Tristan McCormick.

Alias // Code Name: Gunslinger.

Appearance: Tristan's appearance is very unique towards anyone that is meeting him for the first time. But if you've known him for a little while then whatever he decides to do to his body and wear upon his body shouldn't be to any shock to you. Tristan likes to keep his frame very slender as he has an athletic, toned out body. He stands about six foot two inches tall with a weight of one hundred and fifty-nine pounds. Yes, he has a little bit of muscle but he is also a little bit scrawny, as well. Tristan's hair takes on a deep brown complexion in most light but in other amounts of lighting, his hair can appear to be almost black. He likes to keep his hair curled up like a little Afro, as well. Since he is mixed with Tristan has an array of tattoos, one giant tattoo that is located on his right arm and it's nothing more than a bunch of roses. He also has a tattoo behind his left ear that is of a four leaf clover. Tristan only has three piercings and one of those is through his nose while the other two and within his earlobes. Tristan has a very casual style of dress, as well. He likes to wear t-shirts and baggy pants or cargo shorts along with a pair of Chuck Taylor's, which is about the only pairs of shoes he owns. Tristan also has an assortment of hats and bandanas that he’ll sometimes wear, too. His combat gear consist of an all black leather suit with holsters on around the waist.

Abilities: Tristan has great marksmanship when it comes to shooting guns. He doesn't have to aim for real but he always hit his target. Plus, without his gun, he is an excellent hand to hand combatant.

Weaknesses: Tristan loses his focus whenever someone brings up his past so it can throw him off balance and even make him miss his target. Without his gun or guns, he is definitely powerless against wide range opponents.

Brief Backstory: Tristan was born on a cloudy day but his parents unfortunately did not want him. He was given to social services a day after his birth and was thrown in the child care system. He grew up in an orphanage, constantly fighting others, which he won and lost some of those violent displays. But growing up and fighting made him realize that he was actually good at fighting and just continued to do so. It was when he was five years of age that he saw his first gun that made him want to learn shooting, something his second foster father taught him and he picked upon really well. Soon, he started shooting more and more as he got older then became in love with so much that he became an assassin for an underground organization but was put away by The Flash and now, he wants his ultimate revenge on the metahuman.

Last edited by Cryptique on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm 

So I'm a dummy and completely forgot to put in the character sheet Abilities/Powers. So if you guys could edit those in that would be awesome!

@Rainbow
@Cryptique

Also, IC is up!

So, since this is an open area RP, you can choose where your character starts off. Because they are rejects for the Suicide Squad, it would make sense for them to be in some sort of facility (be that Belle Reve, Arkham Asylum, or some other holding location).

Currently, Belle Reve is having a minor breakout. Feel free to have your character there and part of this (or not). Leslie is currently there and would love some help! But don't feel you need to lend a hand just yet.

Something to note, Leslie is sort of the ring leader in getting this Beta Squad up and running as she has some strong feelings about being rejected for the original.

Another note, at the beginning of your posts (preferably in the top right corner) please put the location your character is currently. The nature of this roleplay means people may be moving around quite a bit so it helps to know where people are at a glance.

Third note, feel free to take on another character or two (just don't take more than you can handle). Characters can be killed off, and as it's only the three of us right now, the world is kind of empty for Squad members.

And if anyone has anything they'd like to see, try out, etc, post it here! Or if you'd rather discuss something with me privately, my inbox is always open! =D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 am 

I have returned

So, just to check, is this only canon characters or could I use an OC? I have an anti-hero who could add a little bit of magic that this group might like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:01 am 

Both canon and OC!

@Jack Spade

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:56 am 

I have returned

Awesome

Name: Andrew Gould

Alias: Subject: Flamespawn (this is the name on his dossier, he still goes by Andrew)

Appearance: The most prominent feature of Andrew is his skin, a bright cherry red with darker patches at his joints resembling blood. Second would be his hair, jet black and flowing down to the small of his back where the ends all show signs of being burnt off. Third would be his tail, 3 ft long, thin as a whip, and with a large metal spike at the end. Finally would be his facial features, sharp, almost reptilian with unnaturally high eyebrows, a Voldemort nose, and a slit eyes. If you look closely you can also see faint lines running from the edge of his mouth almost to his ears, which show signs of once bearing multiple earrings. He stands about 5'10", approximately 190 Ib is 19 years old, and suffers the marks of malnutrition.

Powers:
- Supernatural Strength.
- Fire resistant, though this does not extend to his hair or clothes
- Mild Fire manipulation, however he is still learning to use it.
- Effective hand-to-hand combatant, learned from years of street fighting.
- Can magically rearrange his body, changing hands into claws, toughing skin, changing human legs to jackrabbit legs, lengthening and thickening his tail, things like that. Using this ability will cause dark energy to flow from the limb he is altering. He is still learning to control this power as well. His overall body mass has to stay the same.
- When his adrenaline gets pumping, his eyes will widen into 1 inch radius circles, which can move independent like a chameleon. Also, the thin line along his cheeks will open, expanding his mouth from ear too ear of shark like teeth.

Weaknesses:
- Any religious item will burn him, severity dependent on the holder's belief in that object. The burns can take up to a month to heal, which cannot be aided in any way.
- Sever hydrophobia. Andrew has only recently developed this, and is still learning to cope with it.

Backstory:
Andrew did not look like a literal devil growing up, he looked much like any other boy. Other than his hair and build, he didn't look the same at all. His face was less reptilian, especially his nose, and his skin was a difficult to ethnically pin tan.
He was raised by a stranger in Bludhaven, some kind soul a unknown figure had handed his basket too, but she cared for him as best she could. Until the night she was shot for her beads on her neck and the food in her house. Andrew had been about 7 at the time, and was suddenly alone and unprotected. He was soon picked up by a local gang, they wanted someone small to get into tight spaces. Andrew survived, and despite his hatred for the men who reminded him so much of the gunman, he grew to become a surrogate son to the gangs leader.
Then one day, that changed. At 11 pm of Oct 31, though he did not know it, he entered is 18th year of life. His skin turned red, his face became demonic, and he erupted into flames burning the gangs hideout to the ground. When he realized his new strength, and flame, he turned it on the only other survivor of the fire, the boss. After that, he went on a small rampage of the local underbelly, slaughtering every murder, drug dealer and rapist he could find, until eventually he was brought down by Nightwing. He has been stuck at Belle Reve Penitentiary for over a year since then, learning what his new powers could do.

Note: The middle paragraph, is not on his dossier.
Secondly, Andrew drastically mellowed out during his year in a box, and currently just wants to learn what his powers can do. While he will mostly leave people to their own devices if he sees someone harming innocents he will interject, mainly because it reminds him of what happened to his guardian.

Attachments:
File comment: While looking around my profile, I found an old picture of him
Andrew.jpg
Andrew.jpg [ 15.6 KiB | Viewed 17907 times ]

Last edited by Jack Spade on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 pm 

I have returned

I’d like your guys opinions on a thought I had. I was thinking of having Andrews redistribution power being accompanied by some kind of dark energy, like little streams or orbs of it floating around or from whatever limb he is messing with, what you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 pm 

@Jack Spade

Run the redistribution power by me one more time...my brain is clearly not quite functioning XD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 pm 

I have returned

@“Asterous “

Andrew’s redistribution ability works in two ways. First, he can move his body mass from one part of his body to another, like moving the muscle and bone that make up his tail into his arm to make it stronger. He can also do this with the metal in his tail spike.

Depending on how powerful he is, he can also increase his body mass without taking it from another part of his body, but this is extremely difficult so he generally prefers to just shift his body mass around.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:03 pm 

@Jack Spade

Ah, okay!

I mean, the use of dark energy is one way to go for sure. Would it have any abilities of its own, or more visual?

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm 

I have returned

@“Asterous”

It’s a visual effect, mainly to push that the ability is dark magic rather than a physical trait. It could also have a psychological effect much like his mouth and eyes, but otherwise just visual.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:47 pm 

Floating

Hey Asterous got room for one more?

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 pm 

@KittiQueen

Always!

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I will be creating my character tonight.

→×← | +
MyCreations

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:11 pm 

I have returned

Yay! More cannon fodd- I mean teammates. :D