All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:52 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

He was still alive but barely as he hung to the last 3 pieces of a log. His clothes were tattered and torn from the storm. His arms and legs were numb from the ropes that he used to tie them to the log. It wasn’t tight before but now after so long of days of floating without food or drinking water, he had become weak. He was also bloated from all of the ocean water that he drank.
He raised his head weakly from the logs to see land. If only he could get to that land and some kindness was shown to him then perhaps he could recover something of himself. His sanity, his name, his ….his….his ? What all did he lose? He didn’t know and may not ever know again. His head fell back down onto the raft as he drifted off into a cloudy trance as the raft floated towards the beach.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

I was at sunrise Liania strolled from her hut to the seashore. It was her job to scavage the beach for shells to trade. The Europeans were peaceful traders. The treasures they brought were so fine and rare. The Islanders were able to secure peace with rivals.

This warm May morning she something a miss by the fisher cove. She ran to investigate. It was no sea creature. It was a man, a man floating on driftwood. She waded into the waves up to her waist. She was able to pull him on shore. The islander was the chief's middle daughter. Liania untied the sunburned man in rags. She held him in her lap and turned him on his side. "Halo Englaish."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:21 pm 

Soft groans came from the used to be tanned but not badly sunburned man. If she was to take out the seaweed from his brown hair, she would see a large gash that the seaweed made a bandage for. It was swollen and red but not full of pus. The eyelids fluttered to reveal hazel eyes. he tried to speak but words would not come out from his cracked lips. It was more like a croaking then words.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:46 pm 

She pealed at the seaweed and a festered rose colored wound was healing and his eye fluttered. He gasped, "Ya long way from ship. No can see. What name? I get water. No, go away."

She eased him off her and ran into a near hut and brought him a bladder of water. She set it beside her and held him to her. She held the water to his cracked, parched lip. "No fast. Englinsh"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 pm 

The man greedily yet slowly drank the water as she poured it into his mouth. He finally turned his head away.

"Where am I? he asked in a hoarse voice as he tried to move. He flopped back down with a groan.
"So weak......."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:52 pm 

"She heard his raspy voice barely audible, "You on Barrie Island. Ship come, you see. Bring many gifts. You rest. Me get help for you. Stay."
She left the water and gently set him on the sand and two burley island men pick him up by his shoulders and feet and carry him fifty feet in the foliage to a comfortable hut. He is placed on a cot. Liana carried the water with her. She has on a standing basin of water and sponge. She cleans his face and tore off his shirt. She holds a bowl of green goop and covers his cuts and gash. She ties cotton around his head. She gives him a stiff fermented drink in a pewter mug. "Drink Enlaish. Make sleep. You feel better you see."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 pm 

He felt himself being moved but did not speak. He was now going into a trance like state. Nothing would happen while he was in this state for he could not feel pain or thirst or hunger. Everything that he did was on instinct like the way that he drank the fermented drink. His body was battered and fighting death as she helped him drink.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:33 pm 

She kept him comfortable. The drink had pineapple, coconut, sea veges, and roots. She changed his tattered pants into white pajamas. She covered him with a quilt at night. She stayed with him in a dream of dillerium. The following morning she brought him a plate of fruits, mushed up cereal that had honey and fine milled grains, coconut milk and warm cocoa.
"Morning Mini Hay. Good to see you. Hungry Enlaish?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 pm 

He stirred a bit then opened his eyes. He blinked a few times.
"Hello, Angel. I am glad that I went to Heaven and not Hell. I feel like I have been there and back several times. I see that you have brought breakfast. Mind if I sit up to eat?" he asked in a raspy voice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 pm 

She stepped to his side bare-footed and wore a indigo floral print cotton short dress that is his countrywomen wore as a shift. Liania's style bore her legs from mid-thigh. The neckline was low cut revealing her collarbone and was sleeveless. She flashed him a smile "Mission arry say about angels. The live in sky and bring lightening. Me not angel. Me Liania. What name you? You pretty man. Who Marir, Capatan, and LeeAnn? You speak in you sleep."

She brought his food and set it on his lap. She sat behind him and propped him up. "Good to see you alive and food good for you."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:33 pm 

"I then.... I am not dead? You are as pretty as an angel in my eyes....But you don't have wings so I guess that you are not an angel." he spoke as she helped him sit up. He drank some kind of a juice thingy.
"I don't think that I know Marir, Captian or LeeAnn....or even myself. I am not sure about anything right know except for this splitting headache. Ouch!" he exclaimed as he touched his head.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm 

She grabbed his hand, "You gave bad bump there. No. Touch. Mauf Drink. Good. Eat. What name? Not many Come to shore on raft. How you come to be?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:13 pm 

"I don't know. I can't remember anything. Did I have anything on me? Any boxes or satchels?" he asked as he nibbled on his food.
"I have no name that I know of..... Where am I? There are missionaries here? Ships come here? I need medical attention."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 pm 

She was shocked he lost his memory, "Calm, you rest and eat. Me healer. Missionary on other island. The bad islanders eat people. You good to come. I no eat people. I good healer. Bad bump take time. I name you Benny. Him was good man pretty man like you. Enlaish too." What want to drink or eat more?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:53 pm 

"Not really..... it tasted good but I am not very hungry. I'll eat more later." Benny spoke with a smile.
"Thank you for helping me. I think that I will rest for a while."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 am 

She slowly slid from him and took the half-eaten dishes. "You feel better in seven moons and suns. Sleep is best. Me not far, Benny. Bad, bad bump. You no know who you be. It can come back. You can learn Liana more Enlaish when better? Yes?"

She placed a wet cloth on his forehead. "Me sorry Benny. Make better when sun up in sky. Yell me hear good."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:45 pm 

"That cloth feels so good, Liana. I will teach you more when I am better. Thank you for everything. Sleep may be the best thing for me. Let me know if any boxes wash on shore. Did you find any keys in my pockets?" he asked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 pm 

She stood and listened to him and held up her hand. She called to a young girl with budding breasts and long black hair. The girl wore a lily in her hair and a dress like Liania with pink flowers. She spoke to her in her native language and the girl placed the key in his hand and smiled. An older male approached wearing only a loincloth his skin was slightly darker and he had brown eyes. His hair was long tied up with bark strip. He spoke in the same heavy Polynesian accent, "Mini hey. Benny. Liania me adawni. I found this. Chesss on beach. Be it yourn. Engaisssh no good."

Liania smiled at her brother, "Him shy. Him like you. This my family. Brother Mikile, Sister Olivia. Father uh he in King hut. Momma um she gone...what word."

Olive spoke up, "Momma, she dead. Got feaver. Whole island got fefer. Capatan come in big ship an save us."

The older teen nodded, "We strong we live."

Liania placed her hand on Benny's chest, "Stay. What want? We get. No hurt."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:48 pm 

He smiled as he took the key. He turned it over and over.
"It is my key. I know it is but not why I know it is mine. Please brink the chest in." he spoke quietly.
"I am lucky to have one of my chests at least. We will see which one."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 pm 

The teen male scooted the heavy chest beside Benny. The outside nameplate was written Belong to JC, Gunnersmate, The Agonia.

Liana helped the Englishman sit up and steadied his arm. The group stood over the battered wooden chest covered in barnacles and scratches. The waited in anticipation of the contents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next