All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V.I.R.U.S. (IC)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

*Huff, huff, huff* Jake kept running, losing what little stamina he had rather quickly. He hated the fact that he was always bullied, but with his frail form and track record he wasn't going to change that anytime soon. turning a corner, he grabbed a satchel housing his VIRUS guantlet which he was releived was stored in his GPS memorybanks on his neurolink, slipping it on and activating it.

As the metal slipped around his body he felt the sudden drain on his emotions, making it seem like he had none to onlookers. "What's wrong? Afraid to face someone in a V.D.S.(Virus Duel Session)?" he smirked below his Suit.

"****, you think we can't beat a wimp like you?" The first bully asked cockily. Jake just laughed, but without his emotions it wasn't really sounding like he had done so. Holding up a hand for them to aproach, he simply said, "Please do try and make me angry!"

"Jaaaaake! Dinner!" A female voice called. "Well, that's my cue, boys! We'll beat you up later! Vee? Thrusters."

And with that the suit deployed it's thrusters and rocketed Jake to his house. As he approached the door, the suit went back to guantlet mode, revealing his badly bruised face and pale frame. he tripped and fell, scuffing his jeans a bit. As his butler-bot wheeled over, he opened the door and walked to the table. "What's for dinner?... What?"

"Honey... where did you get those bruises this time?" His adopted mother asked. He frowned. "They started it! I got away anyways! Stupid idiots wouldn't have beat me in a fight with my Syphonicator, and Vee was there!"

"Thank you for putting so much trust in me sir!" A mechanical voice said from his guantlet. His mother sighed. "Just be careful, sweetie. Come on, you'll be late for the shuttle."

"Mom! Why do I have to even take the shuttle? So many kids stare at me!" Jake complained.

One good thing about the shuttle. He didn't have to worry about being late because space had no daytime. Within minutes they were speeding towards school colony SECTOR 14. It took about an hour, but he found his classroom and sat down to begin the next scheduled lesson as the robotic professor switched topics.

"And now for our "VIRUS Suit" Lesson. those of you who wish to participate in tournaments, please listen up!"

Jake was at rapt attention, learning that there was a tournament soon, on... Mars? "Cool!" He thought. that's when he saw someone he hadn't seen since he was 16... 2 years of no contact. Was it really her? one way to find out!

"Madeline. Hey Madeline! is that you?" He said as he approached her. the girls around her seemed off put by this pale weirdo who knew their friend. But if that was her...

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: V.I.R.U.S. (IC)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 am 

Blinking and straightening her posture, Madeline turned slowly to face the figure that approached her. She reached up pushing her glasses back up her nose, and waited for the world to come back into focus.

"Hey...umm..." she moaned wearily. Moments later, a smile began to creep its way across her face. "Is that...Jake?" As she spoke her eyes grew wide and her smile broadened. Slowly she stood up, bringing her face within inches of his own. "Jake!"

Pulling back to a comfortable distance and inhaling sharply, she pelted him with questions excitedly "What happened? How have you been? What's it been like, two years? Are you gonna be back for good?"

By now it was readily apparent that she was rather pleased at seeing him regardless of what people might have though of him. At this point most of her friends seemed to have lost interest anyway, returning to their usual routines. Just seeing him brought back so many wonder memories. Honestly, despite having quite a few friends of her own, Jake seemed to be the only person that was as passionate about Virus suits as much she was.

Certainly most people had a basic grasp of the technology, it was necessary to make it in the modern world. But few apart from Jake seemed to appreciate the intricacies that made it so fascinating.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:21 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Jake smiled at her forwardness and chuckled. "Same as ever..." he muttered before answering her questions.

"Well I just enrolled here after my new family adopted me. I've been good, yep, it's been like... I think 26 months actually..." he said as though he had been counting the days until he'd see her again. In reality he had a selective photographic memory, which meant he had been good enough friends with her to want to remember her. Then came the hard question. "Back for... good? I... I don't know... Not a lot of families seem to want me around for very long..." he frowned. "But if it means seeing you here I suppose I can try to stay out of trouble." He gave her a lopsided grin as he said this.

"So how's your Suit? got any new parts from V. corp?" He asked, wanting to get right into their favorite topic. "I finally got my hands on some grade C thrusters, so I can fly for short distances now!"

At that point the lecture ended and the lunch bell rang. "Can I interest you in having lunch with me?" he asked her, wanting to catch up for old times sake.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm 

Madeline nodded cheerfully as she put her things way in her desk. "Definitely, we actually have lots to catch up on.", she said standing up. "Xenopheria has been doing great, she's really blossoming lately. In fact it seems her tactics have gotten really sophisticated the last few months. As for new parts, I've managed to upgrade from a sixteen slot drone bank to a twenty four, which gives us a lot more options in competition. Not to mention a slight boost in firepower."

As they headed through the door and into the wide corridor, she guided him past throngs of students and towards the cafeteria. "By the way, did you know that this station has the largest park in the sector? There aren't just actual trees, but also a running stream! It makes for some really interesting combat." Entering the cafeteria, she quickly guided him to one of the tables in an alcove with a wrap around window, giving them an excellent view of the martian surface. "This a good spot?" She chirped.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:32 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Jake nodded and sat down, opening a bottle of water. He couldn't have a lot of sugar due to his condition, but didn't like discussing his health. Call it hardheadedness, he just didn't see a reason to discuss it. He sighed and tilted his head back, looking at Mars upside down. "Syphonicator is doing really well in fights, but..." He turned to look at Madeline frowning slightly. "He still drains my emotions when I use him. I sound like I don't give a ****, sure, and that scares people... but... Even when I am injured, no one knows until I take off the suit, cuz I don't show it. Add to that that I want to sound like I care at least sometimes, you know?"

Looking out on the surface of the planet, he smiled sadly. "Maybe I shouldn't enter the competition this semester. What do you think Madeline? I could Watch you more often that way- No that came out wrong... I am NOT some kind of stalker I swear!" He stuttered.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:35 am 

Madeline let out a frustrated sigh and leaned forward, looking directly into his eyes. "You've always been a little too harsh on yourself. Sometimes its okay to let go, as long as you keep sight of what's important. Look, It's not exactly hard to notice that you put little faith in yourself, but given time and training you to bet you can become much resilient than you realize. I'm sure the stronger you become, the greater things you and Syphonicator can do." She then reached into her backpack and pulled out a tablet, began scrolling, and continued talking, her tone softening somewhat, "I have a proposition: Maybe we should meet up after school. I don't think we'll have too much trouble with the homework tonight, and if so, the two of us together should be able to knock it out rather quickly. What say you and I meet in at my house today? If you bring any recordings of recent battles and we can go over them together."

She sat up and slid her tablet back into her backpack, and smiled "Besides, maybe we could play a few training games. I've been dying for some real competition. I really hope you're up for it."