All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The evening of the Winterfest Ball had arrived. Weeks of preparation were at an end. Kate had the dressmaker, Mrs. Snead make a dress from cloth that she had chosen. It was pure pink silk and pink lace. The dress had a sweetheart neckline and full ruffled hem at the bottom. She had Ann, the head housemaid helped her with her hair. Kate looked in her vanity mirror Ann braided her hair and pinned it to the top of her head and the rest of her auburn hair fell loose in the back to her, slender waist. Lord Lyons shook his head as he walked into Kate open room and stood behind her. “I would like you to wear this tonight. This is your mother’s tiera and you have grown to look like her every day. She would want to have it.” Kate sat breathless, “Papa it’s beautiful. My how handsome you look in your new uniform. Is there anyone special you want me to meet?” Lord Lyons shook his head, “I learned my lesson. No more match making. Dane with anyone you wish.” Kate scooted her chare, rose and hugged her father and kissed his cheek, “Relax, have a good time tonight.” Kate sat back down as Ann pinned the silver. diamond and sapphire tiara in her hair. Lord Lyons and John entered the main hall together. The who manor was decorated for the occasion. A 10-foot tree was in the corner of the parlor and opposite the parlor was a marble and alabaster spiral staircase. The banister was dressed in a rope of greenery as were the windows and the main door has a huge wreath with a bright red, taffeta red bow. The manor’s kitchen permeated the air with baked chicken, spiced apples, oranges with clover. Kate did not realize the main hall was full of male officers as she descended the staircase. She was proud of them all, for they had just fought a major an engagement, months earlier pushing the Orcs, Trolls, and their minions back to the Baron Lands Of The South. Currently the land was safe as the pass was closed and a time of celebration and feasting was in the air. She saw her father and brother John talking to an officer she had never met. She had only seen him when he arrived at 14. He was a scared and shy child that picked up swordplay quickly and stayed mostly to himself. He had grown into a tall, muscular, and handsome young man. He and her brother were going to be knighted in the Spring. She ambled to her father’s side confidently though so many eyes were upon her. Prior to this night all the soldiers were told to keep 10 paces away from her. The would be confined to quarters. Kate managed to hide in the bushes, trees, and the attic to gain a glimpse if shirtless men fighting target dummies. Kate smiled warmly as she approached and dimi-curtisied, “Good evening, Happy Winterfest Gentlemen and Welcome.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:27 am 

"Do you think she would have remembered me?" The young officer smiles brightly at the question as he stands outside the bathhouse near the soldiers barracks, toweling himself off while talking to one of his fellow soldiers who is also drying off.

"I think you are foolish to think of such things, much more to actually talk about these things out loud. She is Lord Lyon's daughter while you, my friend, are just a battle mage who may become knight one day if you live long enough to see it." The brown towel is wrapped around the young man's waist before he sits himself down on the edge of a stone wall, "Aaron, I don't want to try and make things difficult for you but you have to understand where we stand in life; all of us. We have our places and yours is not in the bed of sweet Kate Lyons."

A slight grunt escapes the mouth of Aaron, his look of displeasure plainly painted upon his face, "I have no desire to bed miss Lyons, I can assure you of that. I just want to know of she remembers me? If she even noticed me?" His look quickly changes back to a youthful exuberance that many have come to admire in him despite the hardships this young man has encountered in his days as a battle mage in the war against the orcs and the trolls. It has been a difficult undertaking, a man of his age having the responsibility of being an officer cast upon him like a worn old blanket. The unit he had taken over was broken both in morale and spirit after the loss of their original commander and near defeat at the hands of their enemies. Aaron was well away from the commander when word had gotten to his group that command has fallen and the main forces were being pushed back. The rest of the soldiers wanted to retreat, believing that getting away from the battle would save them from certain death. It would have never worked, Aaron explained to them that the pass they were on would have ensured a death for every single member of that battalion as the trolls had both choke points and the high ground under fire. They could have easily picked off anyone that tried to run or grind any smaller units into dust. The only option was to fight towards the main forces and let their training be the deciding factor in the battle. "To think that such a small tactical decision like that has brought us to this point," he says without thinking about it."

Michael, still sitting on the stone wall with his leg propped up, "What?"

Aaron shakes his head watches the water hit the ground, "I was just thinking of the last battle, how we managed to get out of it and here I am thinking about her again."

Michael chuckles as he looks towards the main section of the castle, "Well, you certainly don't have bad taste, that is something to be said. It was a good decision you made back then and it led you and those around you to not only a way to survive but a victory for the crown as well. Stories and songs will be written about you just for the one deed, a legacy tends to form with the other. That's why I hope you make a good decision now and keep yourself away from the Adviser's daughter. Let a nobleman deal with her. Stick to your brothels and tavern wenches and move on to broader ambitions, Lieutenant."

The manor was extravagantly decorated for the Winterfest Ball, Aaron noted has he made his way through the main hall of the Lyon's manner, a place where he has visited once or twice in his time in the kingdom but never truly got to stop and look at it, wonder at its crafting and decoration. It was surely a place fit for a warrior as stout and prestigious as Lord Lyons, as well as the rest of his family who have the reputation of being a strong and sturdy people, both as individuals and within the likes the each other, as is usually common for those of noble blood. Johnathon is known to be more than just skilled with a swordsman, having won every tournament held by the kingdom in the last 3 years.

There was a sort of hushed silence that came over the room as Aaron was talking with both Lord Lyons and Johnathon when the eyes of the men in the room shifted suddenly towards the staircase, breathes held as the woman who stole the attention descended the steps one at a time. As with everyone else, Aaron's mind was swept away when he noticed her, thinking back to when he first arrived to this place. He broke his gaze off her when she made it to the last step and felt a cool sensation has the eyes of the room told him that she was walking towards them. it was all he could do to keep himself from blurting his words out as a response to her welcome, knowing it could be seen as improper for him to respond to her before the Lord and his son does.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:09 am 

Lord Lyons turned as he pretended not to stare at Kate . She looked more like her mother and he was the age of his son. Johnathan was breathless as his sister and he smiled and both he and his father look fondly on Kate. She curtsied facing head up and gazed at all the officers before rising. Lyons faced her, "I would like to introduce you to my officers. Lyons was very calm as he listed each man't rank and name.
Kate knew the battle was a costly one and took a tool on eveyone. Aaron's decision paved the way for victory. It was a heavy burden that he carried. Lyons introduced him last. "This newly appointed Lieutenant Aaron."
Kate smiled and gazed into his eyes, "Congratulations Lieutenant."
She tilted her head toward he father, "Do you mind if we talk in private, Papa?
Lyons raised a brow and blinked as he clicked his heals and backed away from her, "Kate, No.Not at all. Go ahead."
Kate wrapped he hands around his left arm, as she had been taught to allow a soldier to keep his right arm free in case he need to draw his sword. "Breath Aaron. I have awaited many a year to meet you. Let's go into Papa's study. I know your nerves are shot and I am a surprise. I begged the mages to give a list of the wounded and you were not on it. I not saying a word to anyone. Please sit on the couch by the fire." The mage closed the door behind them. "I watched you since the day you arrived you arrived as a young boy. I feel I know you. Take a deep breath. Everything that is said stays in this room. It's no use Aaron to hide your emotions. What you experienced was horrific and no one would think ill of you. You need a friend right now. Your eyes show fear. Your nerves are shot. Have you even slept an hour?"
Kate led him to the couch and held his hands, "You need a moment for yourself."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:29 pm 

It was all the young Lieutenant could do to keep himself composed as the Lady Lyons presented herself to the group, her beauty captivating the man who has gazed into the subtle beauty one finds when the sun rises over a battlefield in the morning, that one moment where all the chaos, hatred, anger, and brutality of war is replaced, only for the briefest of moments, by a calming serenity that almost seems to wash all the torment away before reality hits again and the sounds of carnage are restored. Looking upon the Lady now, Aaron feels the same sensation now, the burdens and sorrows of politics and standards thrown to waste side as all focus is spent on her. The voice of Lord Lyons snaps the young officer back into the moment as he introduces the officers currently in attendance around them, finishing off Lieutenant Aaron himself. "You honor me, my Lady Lyons." He bows as Lady Kate delivers her congratulations and almost falls over on himself when she asks to have him to herself. He perks straight up and holds a professional demeanor as he looks between the Lord and his daughter, his heart racing as the King's Adviser grants this favor to her, a trickle of sweat beginning to build on his forehead as the hair on his neck stands up.

Still able to maintain a dignified demeanor, Aaron gives his left arm to Kate before allowing her to lead him into a separate room, a study that is set off away from the rest of the banquet, allowing the two of them to be together without any distractions. His heart beats furiously when she speaks name, his breath holding hard when she admits to her desires to meet him. His head is swimming as she brings him to the couch and confesses her feelings of attachment to him, his eyes welling up as she comforts him on his torment from war and fighting that takes its toll on any man. Unable to stop himself, Aaron leans over the gap between them on the couch and presses his lips against those of Lady Kate, all sense of decorum and officer etiquette forgotten in that moment of touching flesh against flesh. A few moments pass before the Lieutenant realizes what he has done and quickly jumps away from the Adviser's Daughter and marches to the other side of the room, breathing heavily as he places one hand upon the wall while the other clenches his chest, "I deeply beg for your forgiveness, my Lady Lyons."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 pm 

Kate was delighted to be in the presence of the young man. No longer the boy she wanted so long to meet. She was nervous and had no idea what to expect. The kiss excited her and she knew it broke every protocol. She should have slapped him. He rushed away from her.

"Lieutenant the kiss was nice. I see you are not afraid to show your affections. I am glad. If you were anyone else I would not have brought you into this room. I am happy you feel for me the same I feel about you. Come." She patted the cushion, "I wish to know about you. I will tell you about me. Some you most likely know. My brother, Jon, has a rather loose tongue."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 am 

Can this truly be happening, he thought to himself as he turned away from the wall to catch another glimpse of the one person he has yearned after for all these years. All of his training and discipline has not prepared him for this meeting but he has spent hours upon hours hoping for this moment to arrive. He quickly took the invite back onto the couch and with a few swift movements of his legs the two of them are seated together again, gazing longingly into the eyes of Lady Lyons, catching his own reflection in the pools of her emerald greens. "What is it you wish to know, my lady? I am all yours."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:28 am 

Kate tried to hard to hide her excitement. She was not one to be nervous. She has always been curious and if she asked Jon or her father about him. She would have holy hell to pay. She kept her desire to herself. "First, I want to know your first name and were you injured. I tried to join the mages but I was in my week of testing. Besides Papa let the mages know he forbade my presence."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:01 am 

Aaron nodded firmly when Kate mentioned her father, "He does seem to have a caring grasp upon you. You father has a good heart, I know that from him taking me in. It isn't surprising that you would be the same way, which is comforting for me. Though I must admit that I did sustain an injury during the battle," he shifts his left leg and points to the calf, "as we were pushing through the lines a troll ended up piercing my leg with a bone spike from one of their lancers, poisoned at the tip, that was the fortunate part. Since the point was just on the tip I only took in a very small bit of it and so my body didn't shut down as quickly as the troll that got me would have liked. I had enough energy left to fend him off and break off the weapon before any more poison dripped in. A couple of my brothers saw me fall to the ground as the small amount of poison numbed my leg and a large portion of my groin and midsection," he lifts up his undershirt and service coat to show his stomach, veins still puffy and red from where the poison had reached, "the poison was taken out as soon as we got back but it did enough damage to where I am out of action for several weeks at least. I can deal with the pain while here at the kingdom, can still swing a sword and run well enough but the pain makes it too risky for me to be present on the field with my men."

He places his clothing back down and clears his throat quietly before speaking again, "But my apologies, you asked for my name. I am Aaron, my Lady Lyons. Aaron Behlle," he gently reaches across the couch to take her wrist and lift the back of her hand to his lips, gently placing a kiss upon her soft skin.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 am 

Kate listened to him feeling his pain. She looked at the gash and winced. She looked at his stomach and knew the poison mixture and had he not gotten help the Vinum would mean certain death. The lingering pain would last weeks. The amount of pain he felt would cripple most. She felt he had a high tolerance or made a good show. Lucky for her she could only feel slight pain it was his entire body that ached.

He told her his name and knew her father spoke of his. She knew he had been willed to Lyons after his village had been ransacked by rogue Orcs and Trolls. She smiled when he held her hand. His lips were soft but his hands trembled. "The mages are good. I can help you feel better. I guess you know I am a healer mage."

She placed her free hand on his. When he spoke his name her mana seeped into his hand and penetrate his whole body. He would feel a slight heat that became warmer. The pain would ease and his skin would become less angry as they talked.

"Please do not be formal with me. My friends call me Kate or Katie. May I be so bold as to inquire how Captian Artimus has treated you? He seemed harder on you than the others. I dared not to say anything because I feared the worst. Did he dislike you or something? I wanted to turn him into a rat at times. Papa would have known it was me. I gave Jon a rat tail for a few days and Papa grounded me and gave me extra chores. It was so worth it. Don't tell him I said that." Kate laughed.

"Fake being healed so we can have more time together. You deserve a little holiday. Winterfest is next week. Will you accompany me as my companion and personal guard? I am sick of Jon hovering over me and never giving any space to be with my friends. At least with you, we could go for a sleigh ride, ice skate, or go eat st Heidie's inn, and no one would call you back on duty. If we still like each other, would you consider accompanying me to all the Lord's balls and dinner's. I will not make you dance if you don't want to I promise."