All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Survivor (OOC)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

SURVIVOR

Never trust a survivor until you find out what they did to stay alive.

See the funny thing about survival is it can push someone to do the unthinkable. The react and follow instinct so quickly that pretty soon they look in the mirror and don't recognize the person staring back at them. Surviving is a feeling. An action. An Emotion. It's hell, hell bound, and hell hath no fury kind of infection. When it consumes you, you become volatile. Unstable. Uncanny. A force to reckoned with. A wise man once said "You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it." What he meant is nothing comes without a price. So before you go into battle, you better decide how much you're willing lose.

The war had come and it had gone. Naomi was one of the few survivors. The world that the war left behind was desolate and depressed. Wiped clean like a blank slate. The few survivors were left to govern and fend for themselves. It was all up to them to rebuild it. Naomi had fought with everything in her. But when it came down to the end of the line, the price was high and she was forced to pay it. The wise man i mentioned earlier? Yeah that was her father. Naomi was never good at taking advice. She knew what she wanted, but it was terribly expensive. And she lost it all. Everything. Her mind and heart will never be the same. But thing is certain. She won't be selfish anymore. She had to fight to survive. And now she is alone.

She didn't just walk on the wild side, she lived there, dancing in the streets and setting fire to the sky. She was the explosive type. The kind who was charismatic and charming yet potent and deadly.

Character Sheet

>Name:
>Nickname (If applicable):
>Gender:
>Age:
>Were you in the war?:
-If so, what was your rank/title?:
-If not, what was your profession?:
>Appearance:
>Country of Origin (we will all be in the same place, however, due to the war we are in the same setting, the country of origin just gives us more background):
>Personality:
>Skills:
>Likes/dislikes:
>History:
>Other:

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

Last edited by PrettyMyth on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Survivor (OOC)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

>Name: Anastasia Petrova
>Nickname (If applicable): Tasia (Pronounced T - "Asia")
>Gender: Female
>Age: 22
>Were you in the war?: Yes.
-If so, what was your rank/title?: Nurse
>Appearance:

>Country of Origin (we will all be in the same place, however, due to the war we are in the same setting, the country of origin just gives us more background): Of Bulgarian decent, but is American.
>Personality: Tasia is extremely loyal but puts off a very walled off front. But was you get to know her she is very likable and compassionate. Her loyalty outweighs her and sometimes causes her to be taken advantage of. Tasia can be skilled in battle but she can also be very clumsy. However her ability to patch a wound quickly is uncanny. Her caring nature allowed her to be a great nurse, but she was not prepared for the things she saw. Her rough exterior was an adaptation. She was cautious about getting close to people for the fear she would lose them.
>Skills: Nursing
>Likes/dislikes: (Not really sure on this one yet but we will go with Hates spiders for now)
>History: Tasia's history will play into the story so i can't tel it all right now ;)
>Other:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:10 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Let me know if something needs to be changed/added :D

Name: James Anderson
Nickname: A-22
Were you in the war?: Yes
-If so, what was your rank/title?: Infantry
Appearance:
| +

Country of Origin: Canada
Personality: James prefers going solo than, as he says, 'being held back by dead weight'. The war hadn't changed him much, being an outdoorsy type with a hardened exterior and no time for BS. However, he's not all snarls and thorny looks. Given time, and a whole lot of patience, James can come around to people provided they give him reason to. He also has a weakness for children, being the oldest of five he grew up taking care of his younger siblings.
Skills:
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Plant Identification
Likes/Dislikes:
- Children
- Coffee

Dislikes:
- Small spaces (claustrophobic)
- Alcohol
- Arrogance
History: James grew up on a farm, helping his father with the crops and animals and picking up the slack when one of his siblings left for either school, marriage, travel, or anything in between. It was here that he developed his hard working nature. He knew that someday he'd be the one taking over after his father moved on and that gave him a sense of pride and responsibility that he wanted to achieve. By the time the war came along, things on the farm had gone downhill. Production had slowed to a snail's pace with so many hands needed elsewhere, and much of what they did get was taken for the soldiers. Eventually it came down to either staying there and trying to get something out of this situation, or join the ranks and try to bring an end to it sooner rather than later.

Enlisting in the army, James was given the training required to be a foot soldier. His father promised he'd be waiting when he returned. A promise that was never fulfilled. James lost count of how many men he killed, he had to or it would have driven him crazy. He could remember vividly their deaths, some at his own hand, and was subject to replays in his dreams. As the war came to a close, things had greatly changed. It was a survival of the fittest world, no place for a farmer's kid amidst the theft, murder, and anger that invaded everything.

Finding his way back to the farm, or what was left of it, James knew there was nothing there for him. The old house had been flattened, and anything that had once marked this land as home had been destroyed. Shouldering his pack or minimal supplies he had managed to hold onto James began a life he thought he would get to leave behind once the war had come to a close.
Other: N/A

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Last edited by Asterous on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52688

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkLUELkwN0

>Name: Andrew David Summerhill
>Nickname (If applicable): Andy
>Gender: Male
>Age: 24
>Were you in the war?: No
-If not, what was your profession?: Musician
>Appearance: A tall and slim man. Andy has long black hair and dark green, expressive eyes. He has quite pale skin and brings this into sharper relief by wearing a black leather jacket and dark jeans.
>Country of Origin: Ireland, U.K.
>Personality: Calm, thoughtful, slow to anger but don't P*&&& him off! In general he can be quite friendly but it takes a while for him to get to know people.
>Skills: Excellent guitarist. Accomplished songwriter. Great singing voice. He also knows a bit of Aikido and is good at electrical and mechanical repair. He is also a skilled motorbike rider.
>Likes/dislikes: Likes: Sake, Heavy Metal music, Attractive women, cats. Dislikes: Religious fanatics, Narcisists, People who like to throw their weight around.
>History:
Andy was a singer / songwriter and guitarist in a gothic / metal band known as the Elder Signs. They were on an independant label and had just produced their first record. They had flown to America to begin touring when the war started and ended up stranded there. Then the bombs started to fall and it was all over quite quickly. Just how the hell Andy managed to survive is unclear even to him. The whole thing is a bit of a blur to him. Post traumatic stress has wiped a lot of it out of his memory, giving him selective amnesia. Occasionally flashes will come back to him in the form of waking nightmares.
>Other: He will occasionally stop and stare into space. This is one of his fuge states where he is having a flashback. This usually ends with some form of panic or upset.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:39 pm 

Should I wait for Asterous to post before posting again?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 pm 

Aren't you only on at certain times of the day?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 pm 

I don't want to skip Ast or anyone, but i also know you are only able to post at certain times.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 pm 

@UnculturedGaijin

Go ahead and post! I don't really have anything to add right now anyway ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Melody Anne Miller
Melody is a quiet nature girl who escaped into the woods to her family cabin. Since she did not like wild game, she became a bit anemic and quite thin. She needed to get some beef badly. Her number one problem was that she did not have any money. She decided that perhaps it was best to just eat what she could find and raise until one day a few cows came along. She didn’t have a freezer but she could can the meat. She managed to butcher the smallest cow then she experimented with canning the meat. There was a lot of meat to can and only so many canning jars which was another problem. Drying the meat was the only other option.
As you can see, Melody is very hard working and self-reliant. She is shy and plays piano as well as violin. She is sweet and caring towards her friends if you happen to make friends with her. That is rarely done since the war. She did not like all of the hatred and fighting, the blood, death, so much hurt made her feel hurt. She was an emotion eater or empath if you will. She had to hide from all of this or die. There was no way that she wanted to die so she just had to live. She survived as well as she could in the woods.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:11 pm 

Was your character a part of the war or did she have a profession ? or did you prefer to develop that in the RP? If you prefer the later then you may go ahead and post? If not the fill out the character sheet :)

>Name:
>Nickname (If applicable):
>Gender:
>Age:
>Were you in the war?:
-If so, what was your rank/title?:
>Appearance:
>Country of Origin (we will all be in the same place, however, due to the war we are in the same setting, the country of origin just gives us more background):
>Personality:
>Skills:
>Likes/dislikes:
>History:
>Other:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Melody is a total pacifist who would only kill to eat or protect herself or someone else. She uses a crossbow as a weapon and is quite good at it. She never held a job and did not finish school since the war broke out. Her parents left her and she does not know where. The rest of her will be developed as I RP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:47 am 

Lol. I had a post poised and ready to go and then you posted. Had to change it a little to include Melody. I hope it still makes sense. We shoild all try and encounter James soon as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 am 

I'd say he doesn't bite but I don't think that would be true XD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:02 am 

Hi guys. Just a bit of a heads up! I'm involved in a rather complex project in work at the moment that is proving to require more code than I anticipated at the start. It needs to be in testing at the end of this sprint which is next week so I'm working through my lunch breaks this week to get it done. This means my posting is going to drop off to practically non existant. Please feel free to run my character as an NPC if necessary. I'll let you know when normality is resumed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:00 am 

We wish you the best!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:00 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hana Choi Professional Hunter | +
Name: Hana Choi
>Nickname: People call her Hana usually.
>Gender: Female
>Age: 28
>Were you in the war?:

No

Professional Game Hunter

>Appearance:

Hana is a Korean-American in her late twenty's. Hana could honestly be described as a rather average psychically fit looking woman. She has brown eye's with slight crows feet and shoulder-length black hair slightly scruffy and unkempt overall clearly they were not one to care very much for their appearance.

She is 5ft4 in height and is rather toned in her body type light muscles visible overall and probably weighs around 140 to 155 pounds.

She typically wear's a green camo hunting vest and a red flannel overshirt and a white T-Shirt underneath with blue jeans and a small green hunting cap.

>Country of Origin: America.

>Personality:

Hana has always been a sentimental person loving her father and her family. Traditional and a lover of the outdoor's one could say that southern hospitality served with a light smirk was her trademark and she had no problem with that and while nowadays she is a bit down in the dumps.

You know your dad is dead and the world is kinda in shambles but she has her optimism and she has her past to look back on. She wants to make her dad proud and she wants to find a purpose to her life now in this world. There had to be a reason to live a reason to move on and dammit all she wasn't a quitter.

She was going to survive this and she was going to remain herself. She had the skill's and she had the attitude at least she believed so and she would make it through this.

>Skills:

Hunting and tracking. Hunting Rifle usage. Animal Preparation.

>Likes/dislikes:

Greenery. Plants and hunting well obviously. She is not a liker of large crowds of people.

>History:

Hana was born in the southern united state's to her father a hunter in rural Kentucky. She was used to the world of the south. The country food and southern hospitality was always a favourite of her and she grew from that. She had always been in her father's footstep's and alway's enjoyed the life that he had instilled in her.

One could say she stuck to it like a bug on a rug. She was a hunter and she was her father's daughter and throughout her whole life she went after his example even after moving out she still kept in touch with her father and hung out with him even recently and unfortunately, it appeared like the war turned everything on its head.

Her father was certainly gone from the war after all and she hadn't followed him. He had insisted it and made her promise that she would never join the army and...she regret's that every day and to be honest she blames herself she should have insisted she should have forced him to not join.

Now he was gone. She was alone without anyone she knew and with nothing she had but her own skills and perhaps if she was lucky a rifle, oh and one would suppose a determination to try to make her father proud and survive for him.

>Other:

Hopefully, has a rifle? Potentially low on Ammo?

Heyo up for a new one?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:24 pm 

Approved! Post when you are ready :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:40 pm 

Name: Anna Slater.
>Nickname (If applicable): Annie
>Gender: Female.
>Age: 24
>Were you in the war?: Yes
-If so, what was your rank/title?: Private
-If not, what was your profession?: Medic
>Appearance: slender, green eyes, red hair, freckles.
>Country of Origin (we will all be in the same place, however, due to the war we are in the same setting, the country of origin just gives us more background): America
>Personality: A bit perky and a little insane.
>Skills: Medical skills.
>Likes/dislikes: likes: fire, dislikes: Annoying ****ing.
>History: Not appilicable.
Appearance:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:41 pm 

OH oh, my! I got accepted and haven't checked it in a few days. Well uh so how exactly am I supposed to like start this off?