All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:11 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate could tell Jasper was hesitant, "Are you ready to put the visible scars behind you? I will not leave your side. You feel a twinge of pain or have a bad memory I will take you to the meadow. You'll be alright. Your head will be free and you can talk. You feel panic and I will get you out. The sensation is very pleasant. I will be right beside you. No one can see us. Take off your clothes and the water is warm like taking a warm bath. The magic energy is soothing. Go and place your hand in first. I will not look at your body only your face."

Kate remained calm even though everything she had been taught she disregarded. She was never supposed to be with a naked man. The mage knew he would be accepted his new life easier if he shed his scars and no one would have any inkling he'd been a slave. "When you emerge you will be renewed. Jasper, you will be among other students and will never have to hide. The other boys will want you to go swimming and play games. You can be amongst them and never have to explain your past. You will have your own friends as well as mine."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:28 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper did as he was told, finding it easy to follow orders without much thought. She was right that the water was warm, though he had no reason to believe she had lied. He wasn't completely calm, tension was still held strongly across his shoulders, and his breath was a little faster than it should have been, but he was putting his trust in Kate and that hadn't failed him yet. 

Matt had leaned back on his perch. He felt snow soaking into his clothing but he ignored the numbing cold for now. He could hear people below but paid them no mind until he heard a familiar voice. Sitting up, Matt peered down at the small gathering, noticing the two ladies from earlier that day, as well as a few guards and other townsfolk. Straining to hear what they were saying over the wind, Matt caught a few words that sounded an awful lot like, slaves, Lady Kate, and Malora. 

His curiosity getting the better of him, Matt once more returned to the streets, sitting just around the corner from the group. From what he heard, Malora was more than a little angry and would do anything to get her hands on him. Matt briefly wondered if she knew anything about his family history and if that was the reason she was so insistent on getting him back under her control. He didn't have much time to think about this before the guards had rounded the corner, their little meeting having obviously finished, and had set their sights on him.

"There he is!"
"Get him!" 

Quick as he could Matt took off in the opposite direction. He knew soon he would have all the guards on his trail and that was the last thing he needed. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 pm 

In the tank, the water jetted across his body, the water turned from blue to yellow to green to purple to agua. As the closes changed the massage intensified and ebbed. As did flashes of his memories for every scar was touched and each bad memory was replaced with a memory with Kate and sensations of greater relaxation. The time the color was purple he felt his skin was more sensitive. Kate held his hand as he showed no tension on his face. "Breath and enjoy. Your doing good and are nearly done. You needed this. You gave yourself to others and did not receive any love in return."
Kate held his hand in the water and her scar disappeared. He caught a glips of her memory. She was in a room with a row of black surfaced tables. Other children along with Kate were on stools at the tables. The had flames under glass with green liquid inside. Kate's glass broke and shattered, she screamed and the room was engulphed in flames and the kids ran from the burning room. A lady with rainbow colored hair raised her hands over her head and the flames went out. Gazing at his closed eyes and tension free face, Kate kissed him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 am 

Jasper did his best to remain calm and relaxed, allowing whatever this process was to take place. It wasn't as difficult as he had first thought and before long Jasper was as relaxed as he could ever remember being. He noted Kate's hand in his, enjoying the warmth and comfort it provided. 

As Kate's memory was seen, Jasper felt a suddenly overwhelming feeling of protection. He never wanted anything to happen to her and would do everything he could to protect her from whatever may happen.  

Matt had seemingly disappeared. The guards stood in the center of the cross ways, looking confused as they searched for the kid, they knew they couldn't return empty handed. Matt held his breath as one of them passed close to his hiding place, closing his eyes as their shadow fell on him. He had managed to squeeze into the small space between the wall of a shop, and a stack of chopped wood outside. 

He wondered for what felt like the hundredth time why he had taken off. He wouldn't be in this mess if he had simply sucked it up. When he saw the guards turn down a path, Matt took the opportunity to dart from his hiding place and run in the opposite direction. Unlucky for him he paid more attention to where he was coming from then where he was going. He felt himself collide with something and fell back onto the snowy ground. Peering up through his hair at what it had been, his whole body froze as he recognized the guard he had attacked on his initial escape. 

Matt felt the man's hand at his neck before he saw it. Scratching at it as he was lifted from the ground, Matt did his best to pull away. 

"Well, well, look what we've got here." The guard laughed, gripping the boy tighter. "Oh, Malora will be happy you're back." Without really thinking, Matt spat in the man's face, earning a snarl and a hard fist to the side of his head. Rendered unconscious, Matt fell limp in the man's grip who proceeded to toss the boy over his shoulder and turn back in the direction he had been coming. Slapping a thick pair of cuffs around the boy's wrists, and a collar around his throat, the guard left him with the supplies and went in search of Malora to bring her the good news.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:48 am 

It was all over and the light in the room brightened. The water drained itself after Jasper exited the tank. He was completely dry. Kate led him to the back of the room. She returned placed him in front of a three-way mirror. Hanging on the door was a velvety robe with a silk lining. "Your skin will be like a newborn baby. You will want to be careful what you wear for a few days. The mages keep silks, velvets, and plush robes. I am so delighted in how you look. Jasper, you are a gem." Kate's eyes glanced over his front quickly and she gazed into his as she stood behind him. Do not mind me. I have a brother remember. You are too beautiful for words."

Kate could only think what was going through his mind. The only feeling was deep muscle was little tender where the muscle was shredded. The brand, lash and burns were gone. Battle scars were barely visible. The mage gave him a moment to let his brain catch up to what he was seeing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 am 

Jasper's fingers itched to cover up. He was fully exposed, and before that hadn't been a problem as slaves were seen only as possessions. He had grown use to being looked over by a critical eye, looking for imperfections and injuries following battles. This was different, under Kate's gaze Jasper had to focus hard on not squirming but remaining still. The fact that she had a brother did nothing to settle him. He ears lay flat as Jasper kept his head down. It wasn't until curiosity got the best of him and he dared to look up.

What he saw surprised him. Where once scars and marks had crisscrossed across his skin leaving so many memories and causing many to gasp when they saw them, the skin was near perfect again. He tracked with his eyes where old lines had been, dividing him up. It took him a few moments to believe this was real and not just some trick. Caught up in this, Jasper felt his face go red when he remembered Kate standing behind him. He met her gaze briefly before looking to the floor, shifting his weight from one foot to the other while he hands covered himself as much as possible. 

Matt had regained consciousness not long after the guard left. Moving as little as possible he tested the cuffs, knowing full well they weren't going to budge. Moving his hands to his throat he felt the collar there and tensed before scolding himself.

"No, we are not going through this again." With some wriggling and a few annoyed noises, Matt got himself into a sitting position. From what he could see he had been left alone, mistake number one. Matt scanned the area, looking for the best escape route. Struggling to his feet, he once more checked for guards and made a run for it to a small path between two shops. Within three steps of the alley Matt's head was snapped back by a hand on his collar. Slamming to the ground once again, Matt growled. 

"Where do you think you're going?" The guard asked, peering down at the slave.

"I don't think you're smart enough for me to tell, don't think it'd get through that thick skull of yours." Matt said as calmly as he could. The man's hand was still on the collar, making it impossibly tight. He fought back a whimper as memories of the last time he had been collared resurfaced. He felt the fist impact with his skull and couldn't help the cry that fell from his lips. 

"Another one outta you and you'll wish you were unconscious." The guard muttered angrily as he pulled Matt up. "Should of used this on you the first time." Matt felt one of the guard's hands force his jaw open before putting a strip of cloth in his mouth. He nipped the man's fingers, earning a slap before the cloth was pulled tight and tied at the back of his head. A second strip was placed over top of the first, covering the majority of Matt's lower face. 

"That should shut you up for the time being." The guard laughed, hooking a chain to the collar and dragging the boy back when he refused to stand. Matt seethed under the makeshift gag, wincing every time the guard's fist or boot connected with his thin frame. He knew he'd be a mess of bruises and scrapes but couldn't give in to the man's satisfaction of cooperation. Fighting against the chain, Matt was literally dragged back to the supply pile and tied to one of the carriage wheels. He wracked his brain trying to think of how to get out of this, silently hoping that someone would notice he was gone and come looking for him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 am 

Kate admired the unblemished body before her. It was not until he moved that she realized he was embarrassed. "Oh. Oh, Jasper. I am sorry. I was stunned too. I will give you a few moments. There is a robe hanging on the door."

Kate walked out of the room. She did not see Abby nor Matt. She hopped the were alright and together. She called out, "Abby, Matt are you here?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am 

Jasper grateful slipped the robe on, covering himself and noting the odd feeling against his skin as he did so. His ears twitched when he heard Kate calling for Abby and Matt.

Abigail heard her name called and looked up from her position on the floor. Shakily she stood, rubbing at the tear stains on her face and approached where Kate's voice had come from.

"Kate! I...I don't know where Matt is. I've looked everywhere." Abigail cried as soon as she saw the mage. "Is there anything you can do to find him?" She asked pleadingly. It was at that moment that Jasper emerged, dressed in his own clothes once more.

Abigail hugged him, burying her face against his chest.

"I'm such a horrible sister." She said. Jasper's ears lay flat, worry evident on his face as he looked to Kate, hoping she knew what was going on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 am 

Kate watch Abby burry her face in Jasper's arms, "Oh No. Where is Matt? Oh Abby. This is not your fault. Stay here and go to my room. I will go find Matt. I hope I get to him before Malora's does. Do not worry. I get him back. Jasper stay with you sister. You are safer in here. Please so not touch anything until I get back."

Kate grabbed a heavy mage robe and wool cloak before she left from the mage's coat closet. She look at the ground and followed foot prints. She stood on the bolder in the side yard and caught a glimpse of Mat chained to a wagon. The guard will be easy to fool easy enough. I just need a buggy whip. There is one in the back of the wagon. "Kate came storming from behind the wagon and shaking the whip at Matt. "Thank you, Sir, for catching the slave for me. I was on my way to see my Aunt. I paid a pittance for him and I see you got him. He ran away from me. I will flail his hide for this."

Before the guard could utter a word she waved her finger and whispered a few spell words. In moments the man was turned into a fat rat and scurrying off. Kate quickly dressed him in a mage robe. Waved her hand over his shackles and neck color the fell to the ground. Hold on to this whip. Get on that horse and keep your hood down and keep quiet. Ske told him as she removed the gag. She caught a glimpse of a large red mark across his face. "I will have you pain-free."

Kate led him to the cobblestone walk of the hospital side of the building. She spoke to the mage at the entrance. "You merely saw a traveler and his wife then directed them to the keep." See that this horse is not found until Lady Malora leaves."
Kate stepped back for Matt to dismount. "Your little stunt just put us all at risk. We can't stay here. I am not letting you out of my sight. Go on inside. Keep your head down. I would not be surprised they come into the school entrance. Lucky for us my room has a back entrance."

Once in a side passage, she stood in front of him and cradled his face in her hands. "I am not going to hurt you. That will a nasty mark come morning. She held her hand over his swelling cheek. You are just going feel you cheek getting warmer. Listen I have no problem with you getting mad at me. You're used to being on your own. I am here now and you just be glad My father is Lord of the shire and slavery is forbidden. I am glad my aunt brought you and I will get you a warm bed."

"Damn, she is here. We will cut through the dungeons and take a hidden passage to my room. I hope Jasper and Abby stay hidden or went to my room. Give me your hand and do not let go. The passage is lit and ignore what you hear. The noises are to throw off anyone following us or scare anyone on the other side."
Kate waved her finger firmly in his freezing hand. She led him to the underbelly of the castle. Errie sounds cane from the dimly lit passage of the stone. It took them ten minutes to get at the end of her hallway. She made sure the hall was clear before she exited through the hidden recess of the wall. Kate waved her hand over her door and shut it quietly. She led Matt into the spare room. "Stay here and if you dare leave I will give you a rat tail for a week. Get warmed up under the covers. When this is over you can have a fire. I have a feeling we will not be staying here."

Kate crept to the door and listened for voices. Malora's course voice resounded the downstairs hall and heavy healed boot was in all directions. She could not help but feel bad for Jasper and Abby. Ske had a tight knot in her stomach. She would get them out and safely. She the school and castle like the back of her hand. When the voices ebbed toward the banquet hall she scurried on tiptoe to the room with the tank. She was relieved they hid in the room. She found them huddled together.

Kate slowly closed the door and crept over to them and whispered,"Matt is in my room in the spare room. It is hidden by magic and looks like the hall to the main living area. We cant stay here. We are going to my father's hunting lodge by the lake. I would say the manor but I would guess she is going there next. We can hide in the many tunnels left by the dragon's ages ago. It's going to be a long night. You both are coming with me and were are getting Matt. We will take the secret passage out. Abby, you will be in charge of finding a branch that will cover our tracks."

Kate waited until all were down the main hall and headed to the infirmary before opening the door. A guard turned to look behind him just as they all crossed the hall out of sight. Kate rounded the corner just as another guard head up the stairs above them. Kate removed her shoes and motioned the others to do the same.
Just as she entered her room Malora's voice was coming up the hall. "I know that boy is here and Katherine has a room in here somewhere. If she is in on this I will add her to my collection."
Kate held her breath as the three of them joined Matt. Kate heard the front door being jimmied and she remembered there being a large blanket that would be big enough to cloak them. She frantically looked for. As Malora was in Kate's room. The all shimmied and scurried to the hidden passage.

Once they were in the deep underbelly and out of earshot of anyone Kate took hold of Jasper's hand and ran to the garden wall. She looked behind to make sure Abby and Matt followed. She noticed a broken branch perfectly fanned and small enough to cover their tracks. She paused only for them to cover their feet. "Everybody ready?"
Kate sprinted across the garden into the woods. She did her best to dodge branches and not trip on roots or stump hidden by the snow. Once they crossed the main road then it was all trail up to the cabin. She paused to see if the others heard any sign they were followed. Kate worried the Malora would get Lord Barony and his hounds. "Listen for dogs."
It was an hour before they got to the cabin. "Abby, did you have any trouble covering our tracks? I am going to heat some water, make some hot chocolate. Downstairs is the best place to hide. There are hundreds of tunnels underground. They are from stone and perfectly safe. It is rumored that some are still used by dragons living as human, elves, and dwarves. There are blankets in the cellar."

Kate wondered how Malora found her room so quickly. She hoped the dogs if they were after them, lost their scent as she made sure they ran into the creek. Her whole body was cold and her teeth chattered as she made hot water from the sink and used her fingers for a flame. She knew her robes were torn and her shoes and stockings were soaked. At least her little family was together.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm 

Abby didn't answer Kate, simply shaking her head in Jasper's arms and muttering how horrible she was. She had lost one brother already, and upon being reunited with him had lost another she had come to see as another little brother. Jasper held Abby close, careful not to jostle her wings too much. When he heard that Kate was going to go find Matt, his ears swiveled in her direction before laying flat once more when she told him to stay. He wanted to say no, but hearing his sister crying made him look down at her and agree to stay with her. He watched Kate leave before gently pulling Abby into the room him and Kate had occupied earlier. The two siblings stayed as close as they could to the back wall, Jasper trying to comfort his sister while Abby tried to quiet herself.

Matt had fallen into a sullen silence, head down and eyes on the snowy ground that was soaking his knees and causing him to shiver. He had blocked out much of the outside world, ignoring the cold, the sound of the guard's boots on the ground, the voices up the road, until something new came into his immediate vicinity. Taking a risk, Matt looked up, expecting to see another guard, or even Malora herself. When he saw Kate he wasn't sure if he should be happy she had come for him, or upset. Hearing what she said, Matt shrunk back. He knew he shouldn't have trusted her, all his old anger and suspicion coming back as the mage threatened to flail him, even thanking the guard for capturing him! He watched with both fear and fascination as Kate turned the guard into a rat before turning to him. He expected her to hit him right there and then and ducked his head. Instead, he felt the shackles and collar drop, falling to the ground as Matt looked once more to the mage. He nodded quickly before following her orders.

He kept quiet, some would say something he was incapable of doing. His thoughts kept returning to what Kate had said, and he thought it would just be easier for her to turn him in to her aunt. Matt kept his head down, trying to suppress the wince Kate's words caused about his stunt putting them in danger. He hadn't meant for anyone to get hurt. He gasped when he felt Kate's hands on his face, expecting the worst. He felt like a caged animal at the hands of a hunter. Matt stood as still as he could as she spoke, and healed him. He jerked away when Kate mentioned Malora being there. All his instincts were telling him to run, to get away from here but he had to listen to Kate. 

When Matt was led into the spare room he held his hands behind his back and faced the floor, feeling like a child about to be punished. He waited until Kate left before daring to move. He pulled one of the blankets to himself and perched on the edge of the bed, wrapping it around his shoulders and sulking, waiting for Kate's return.

Jasper had his face hidden against Abby's shoulder as he heard Malora's voice outside. Abby, ran her fingers through his hair, trying to comfort him just as he was trying to comfort her. She could feel him shaking lightly and hugged him tightly. When the door to the room opened, Abby glared in its direction, fully intending to fight whoever stepped through until she saw it was only Kate. She listened to what the mage said, perking up slightly when she heard Matt was safe. She felt Jasper's ear flick at the news before he sat up to face Kate as well. 

Following her, the two siblings were tense at the sounds of boots on the stone and Malora's voice. Abby walked behind Jasper and could see the tension he had. She hoped when this was over he could relax, all this stress couldn't be good for him.

Matt inhaled sharply and looked up as the three entered the room. Abby immedietly hugged him before grabbing his hand and pulling him along as they all followed Kate to the hidden passage.

The escape went by in a blur, everyone too focused on getting away safely to notice how long they had been running for. When they reached the cabin, Matt felt ready to collapse, Abby not far behind him. Jasper was alert as ever, ears swiveling to pick up any and all sounds while he kept watch of the door and all windows. A thought crossed Abby's mind that they would never need a guard dog when a cat was doing the job just as well. She shook her head at Kate's question, she had covered their tracks the best she could considering the circumstances. She also noted Matt's interest at the mention of dragons, elves, and dwarves though the boy looked on the verge of passing out. Abby saw him shiver, wrapping his arms around himself in an attempt to stop. She pulled him to her side, adding her own minimal heat to his. Both of them were soaked and Abby didn't think hanging out in cold, damp tunnels was going to help with that, or the onset of any sicknesses. 

"Kate, are there any spare clothes? Don't want us all catching colds." 

Jasper followed Kate to where she was making hot chocolate. He still kept an ear out for anything that would indicate they had been followed, but turned the rest of his attention to Kate. He could hear her teeth chattering and worry overtook him. He knew he wasn't much better, but stepped forward anyway until he could gently place his arm around Kate's shoulders and nuzzle her cheek. He tried to push away his own worries and focus on her instead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 pm 

Kate knew they needed clothes and all were exhausted. "Abby, there are clean clothes upstairs, Johnathan's room is the first door on the right and mine is on the left. There are towels down the hall. Once we are out of danger we can all take baths or showers at the same time. Jasper, honey you hear any dogs?

Kate brought a tray of hot mugs filled with cocoa and whipped cream with cocoa sprinkles. "This will warm us up. I will help Abby with blankets. You boys remove your clothes and dry off with the towels Abby brought. I have hunting pants and thick shirts. I am not mad at either of you. I am just happy we are together. I will not feel safe until I get word Malora is gone. This hunting lodge was built after Malora left. I am hoping she will not find it. I am very happy with all of you getting here. We will stay here for several days. Papa will know Malora is here. Heidi will tell him." Kaye passed out ceramic blue jars. "I have jars of salve for scratches."
"Abby, how are your wings and hands?"
"Jasper please tend to Abby. I need to look at Matt a second. That guard did not hold back from punching him."

Kate sat down on the stairs and noticed Matt was touching his jaw. "Matt, come here and I am concerned about your face. Open your mouth, please. Show me where else he hurt you. I will not have you suffer in silence. I took an oath and right now you're my patient."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:11 am 

Abby listened to Kate's instructions of where things were before nodding and climbing the stairs to collect the clothes and towels. She passed Matt seated on the bottom few steps, giving him a quick smile before continuing her task.

Jasper watched her go before tilting his head slightly to the side and listening for any dogs. Not hearing any he shook his head no but didn't let his guard down. Abby returned, her arms full just as Kate asked about her wings. 

"No worse than usual." She shrugged as a few feathers threatened to fall. Jasper watched one come loose and float to the floor, approaching his sister as Kate asked him to tend to her. 

Matt remained where he was with his head down. Kate had said she wasn't mad but it was his fault they were in this situation. As Kate sat down on the stairs he removed his hand from where it had been prodding at the bruise forming on his jaw. He was hesitant at showing her where else he had been hurt. He finally showed her where the guard's boot had impacted with his ribs, stomach, shins, and arms. The long run here had not helped any with the injuries and Matt winced as he agitated his aching ribs. He caught Jasper watching him, concern all over the older man's face before his gaze shifted to Kate.

"You weren't really going to turn me in, were you?" He asked timidly, scared of what he would hear.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 am 

Kate gingerly touched his jaw, "No Matt. Not at all. I do not blame you for running. Your scared, hurt, and never had kindness. I am sorry I sounded like a mistress was an act to distract the guard. Take a breath, I am going to feel your ribs. If they were broken, you would not have made this run. I am proud of you. I know you are hurting. "Kate placed both her hand on his sides, "Let me know when you can breathe easy."
Show me your arm where you were kicked. "He wailed on you. I will give you herbs and tea for the pain. I want you to sleep deeply tonight. Jasper will carry you should anything happen. You will not starve again. Let me see you bend your arm. Is a good thing you are young. You will bounce back from this. Please, keep close while you are healing. Your body will not take another beating.""

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:00 am 

At the mention of kindness, Matt smirked.

"I did once. Old cell mate of mine, we were like brothers. Wonder what happened to him." He trailed off, more focused on Kate's hands at his sides. He felt her healing and let her know when it was enough, the odd feeling of magic lingering on his skin. He followed Kate's instructions, too tired to try anything or object. He knew the sooner this was done, the sooner he could sleep. 

It had been a long time since he had gotten proper rest. Never feeling safe enough to completely drop his guard. As Kate healed him, Matt found himself almost falling asleep. Lulled by the magic, the warmth slowly seeping back into him, and the relative safety these three portrayed. 

As Jasper finished helping Abby, he was pulled down by her until he was leaning up against her. Abby combed her fingers through his hair, scratching his scalp in an effort to get him to relax.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:11 am 

Kate felt Matt falling asleep in her arms. He looked so peaceful. The thin young teen was covered in scars, bruises, and welts. Nobody deserved to be that unloved. Kate fought sleep. "Abby I will take first watch. I will wake you up in three hours. We are all exhausted. I hope Matt sleeps a long time. You need rest. I will be upstairs. You made a superhuman effort. Get some sleep. I am alright."
Kate sighed and looked over the group then climbed the stairs. She covered in three blankets and sat perched on the sofa looking out into the darkness in her pure fox form. She listened for any barking. He tail tucked under her front paws. It was sunrise before she stirred and crept downstairs. All three were huddled together. Kate knew it was taking a chance. She lit a fire and curled up looking into the fire.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm 

Abby turned her head towards Kate, nodding her agreement before looking down at her brother. He was also fighting sleep and she couldn't help but laugh quietly. 

"Go to sleep Jasp, we're all safe." She continued to brush through his hair with her fingers until he finally fell asleep. She gestured for Matt to come join them, it would be more comfortable than trying to sleep on the stairs. When she had both boys on either side of her, Abby settled and joined them in sleep. 

Jasper was the first of the three to wake up near sunrise. At first he remained still, unsure of where he was but after a few moments it all came back and he slowly sat up. Hearing a fire burning, he rose to go investigate, and finding Kate, Jasper quietly settled down next to her. He wondered if she had gotten any sleep that night and voiced these concerns.

"Kate, did you sleep at all?" He wouldn't mind keeping an eye on things if it meant she could rest, even just a little.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 am 

Kate saw him get up and sit beside her. When he sat down she hugged him and kissed his cheek, "Good morning. You looked so peaceful and slept comfortably in Abby's arms. I stayed up all night. I was too nervous about the dogs. You want something to eat?" Kate yawned. "I could fix you some breakfast before I go to bed. Did you get hurt last night? I was concerned about Matt. Jasper, were you treated like that too. Was that guard mean to you too?"
Kate reached up to touch his cheek. "Is just I will never allow anyone to hurt you like that. Jasper, you said your first sentence with our being nervous. I happy you did. You are overcoming. I am sorry I made you embarrassed back at the castle. I was amazed the chamber worked. You, how do you feel? I did not get time to ask. Are you pleased?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 pm 

Jasper leaned into the touch, having grown quite fond of it since coming to be with Kate. He relaxed next to her until she said she had stayed up all night. Sitting up straight, ears perked Jasper faced her,  a mix of shock and concern on his face. Ignoring her offers to make food Jasper placed a hand on Kate's shoulder. 

"You should rest, I...I'll be fine." He heard her ask about the guard. He had been treated badly by many of the guards, some of them out of fear as he had attacked several of them on many occasions. It wouldn't have surprised him if this one had hurt him in the past, it seemed to be one of their favourite activities after all. 

He nuzzled her hand on his cheek, a soft purr following soon after. He considered her question. He hadn't really thought about how he felt, everything had happened too quickly and it didn't seem like that big of a thing to be bothered thinking about. 

"Um...good, I think." He admitted, turning his face away from Kate, his eyes cast downwards. After a few short seconds, Jasper turned back to Kate. 

"Kate, thank you." He said, hoping that she understood this was for more than just clearing his scars.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:38 am 

Kate smiled as he nuzzled her hand, He no longer flinched. It was if he welcomed her touch. He hair and cat ears were soft. She scratched his ears lightly and rubbed his tuffs of hair between her finger. He was warm and his purr lulled her to close her eyes. She turned her head towards him and hugged him. She knew he was feeling more as his words meant the world to her, "Jasper, you are doing very well." She yawned and dropped her head on his shoulder. "You're so brave and I feel safe with you. Your welcome." Yawn. "There is food in the cupboard and icebox. Help yourself. I love..." Kate curled her tail around him and was sound asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 pm 

Jasper continued to purr as Kate scratched his ears, ignoring any other feelings. Feeling her hug him, Jasper pulled Kate close, wrapping his arms around her. Carefully he pulled a blanket over Kate, tucking it around her the best he could from his position. He made no objection to Kate dropping her head on his shoulder, and soon drifting off to sleep. He was glad she was resting, she had been through a lot and had risked a lot. As Kate slept, Jasper shifted their positions until he was sitting back with her resting against his chest. His ears picked up any sounds, alert for any dogs as he let his mind wander for the first time in a long time without fear.

Kate's words kept coming back to him. She felt safe with him, something he hadn't heard from anyone before. As a pit fighter people had feared him, and everyone else had simply used him. Kate was different than them all and the fact that she felt safe with him, enough to simply fall asleep against him, meant the world to the ex-slave. 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33  Next