All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few horror game ideas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

1. The High Priestess and The Fool

"After day cometh night; man's day shall pass, and They shall rule where They once ruled. As foulness you shall know them and Their accursedness shall stain the Earth." - Dee's Liber Logaeth

She sat in the silent darkness, her naked body shivering with the cold. She didn't know how long she'd been here - the all pervading darkness stole away and sense of time and space.

The distant sound of footsteps getting closer made her shudder with fear. The sound stopped nearby and suddenly the room was flooded in light. The face in the doorway was one that had always seemed kind. The vacant smile before her now only hinted of madness.

She began to cry silent tears as the figure reached for her and dragged her, unresisting, away from the chamber.

NOTE: I HAVE DECIDED TO RUN THE ABOVE ON ANOTHER SITE. I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TELL YOU WHERE DUE TO THIS SITE's RULES :P

=================

2. Cellestial Abberation

I have seen the dark universe yawning
Where the black planets roll without aim, Where they roll in their horror unheeded, Without knowledge, or lusture, or name.

- H.P. Lovecraft

They hit us without warning. Indiscriminate and without provocation. Mankind was not equipped to deal with them. We were a fledgling race, just testing the waters of the space outside of our small home. Faster than light travel was still deemed a purely theoretical dream but a realistic impossibility. Advances in technology had allowed us to spread out into our own solar system but we had ventured no further. We had not truly considered the possibility of a first contact situation and would have been ill equipped to deal with the sort of alien invasion that popular culture and our imaginations could envisage. We never anticipated anything as hideous or unnatural as the harvesters.

The first sign of the oncoming apocalypse was the destruction of the scientific research colony on Titan, a moon of Jupiter. Contact with the colony abruptly ceased and the deep space operations vessel Akira was diverted from its mining operations near the asteroid belt and sent to investigate. It never returned. Its last transmission was a video feed sent by junior communications officer Mika Tanaka. She was naked and bathed in blood, none of it her own. She had a wild, haunted look in her dark eyes and a disturbingly twisted smile on her face. She held a plasma cutter, a tool used by technicians to cut through bits of damaged bulkhead. Her last words were. "Now the stars are right. We must prepare ourselves. They are coming." She lifted the plasma cutter to her neck and sliced off her own head.

When they reached the Asteroid mining colonies, some of the hardened belters survived long enough to send back footage of their arrival. They came in strange vessels, black multformed masses of hardened organic tissue. They would emit missles composed of dark energy that could tear holes in hulls or damage engines and weaponary. They would grow leperous black appendages that would ensnare nearby objects. Once a vessel or colony was ensnared the feasting would begin. The victims would undergo a sustained psychic assault that would visit upon them terrible visions, inducing extreme fear and insanity. The invaders would then feed off the resulting psychic energy generated by the harmful negative emotions. The victims thus driven mad would turn on each other before killing themselves.

By the time the harvesters reached Mars mankind had developed weapons that could wound the flesh of the alien ships. Nevertheless Mars still fell, but it bought humanity the time it needed to survive.

The previously questionable science of paranormal research combined with advanced astrophysics and theoretical physics to build the nexus. Six million psychically sensitive volunteers sacrificed not just their lives but their very souls to become one with the nexus. In their eternal waking slumber they formed a biological brain that was both a dreamcatcher and a psychic amplifier. They suffered the terrors broadcast to them by the harvesters, shielding the rest of humanity from them. They also amplified the dark energy formed by their own terror and sent it back to source, routing the invasion.

And so we endured - prisoners in the sanctuary of our own home whilst a battle of hideous magnitude endlessly raged above us. Then things changed. It began when the nexus succesfully killed the crew of an alien ship without killing the ship itself. A five year research programme began to reverse engineer the alien technology. The result was The Salvation - A mixture of alien bio-engineering and human technology. A ship capable of not only standing against the alien onslaught but also of traversing the stars.

That was the first breakthrough. The second was the discovery of the source. The harvesters were never meant to exist in our universe. Their coming was facilitated by a unique cosmic event. The collision of three supermassive black holes at the center of our galaxy tore a small hole in the fabric of reality. An incomprehensible alien mind was woken, and it sent the harvesters into our universe to feed it. A special device made of dark matter and alien biotechnology would need to be deployed at the source itself, creating a vortex that would seal the tear. It is believed that once their link to the source is severed the harvesters will loose their power, wither and die.

Time is running out. The psychic attacks by the harvesters are increasing in intensity day by day. The nexus protecting us screams in agony as the last vestiges of its sanity are slowly eroded. Soon it will fail and nothing will stop the darkness that will come. We have to act now before it's too late.

-----

This will be a space opera type game of glactic exploration and horror.

I have the same information given here on this wiki:
https://eldritchtales.miraheze.org/wiki ... Abberation but have some other ideas to flesh out and this is perhaps the least detailed of the ideas I have at present.

I'll be looking for 4-8 players for this one.

=======

3. The VoidWalker Project

"The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." - H.P. Lovecraft

Greg Sanderson (Medical Examiner), "Black Box" room, The VoidWalker

There are often accidents associated with ships, as well as buildings. It is as though the very walls of these structures demand a sacrifice to complete their creation. The VoidWalker had claimed her sacrifice a few hours ago.

The man had been found dead in the "Black Box" room, next to the "Slab" that contained the mysterious "Black Box", the first ever-artificial wormhole generator. He had clawed out his own eyes with his bare hands. He had then scrawled a message on the chamber wall in his own blood, with a surprising degree of accuracy for someone that had just blinded themselves. It simply read "God save us all!” The look of sheer madness and terror on the technician's eyeless face had been like an icicle boring into Greg's soul.

Greg had filed a report in his PDA as "Death due to heart failure." He watched as they dragged the technician's body away and frowned. His heart had certainly failed it was true. As to what had triggered the otherwise healthy man's heart to fail, that was another matter entirely.

The background for this is given on this wiki:- https://eldritchtales.miraheze.org/wiki ... er_Project

The player's will be crewmembers on the maiden flight of the first ever FTL space vessel.

I'll be looking for 4-8 players for this one.

==========

4. Travellers in a Non-Euclidean Box (Dr. Who Spin-off)

Episode 1 - Tin Man

(London, November 1888)

She shivered in the cool night air, pulling the shawl closer around her. It hid her bosom from site to do this, but Mary's desire to keep warm overrode her desire to attract a mark that night. Besides, business had been lousy since recent events. If it wasn't for the need to feed and clothe herself, Mary would have done the sensible thing and abandoned her 'profession' until the monster had been caught.

The walk back to Miller's court was a lonely one. The silence broken by the distant sound of Big Ben chiming the hour. She was about to walk up the steps to her door when a black gloved hand stopped her. The figure was dressed quite refined for the east end of London. His black clothing and cloak giving him an imposing presence. The top hat gave the impression of wealth. A scarf covered most of his face and his skin seemed pale against a pair of dark eyes that were hard to see in the faint gaslight. Without speaking he extended his arm and opening his hand he produced a shining coin. The movement was graceful and yet also oddly jerky.

Smiling to herself, Mary took the man's arm and led him into her house. She was surprised at how cold his arm felt and once inside she helped him remove his coat and scarf. The light inside the house no longer hid the grinning metal skull and black eyeless sockets that stared back at her.

She didn't get a chance to scream. The thing silenced her before any sound could escape.

---------

Travellers in a Non-Euclidean Box is a game set in the Dr. Who Universe. I WILL NOT BE USING CANNON CHARACTERS. I am looking for a maximum of three players, all of whom will need to be in London in 1888 during the time of the ripper murders. In general it would be easier if all characters were human or at lease close enough to human to pass as one of them. The Timelord will be an NPC, the characters will become the assistants. If the current scenario works out then I will turn this game in a campaign comprising of a series of adventures through time and space.

In terms of the universe It will be set during the current series (the 13th, soon to be 14th Doctor). The Doctor herself will not feature in the game. The level of maturity will be on a par with Torchwood rather than Dr. Who. The theme will be much darker than either series.

The game itself will be free form but I may do some die rolling 'behind the scenes' to determine certain outcomes.

I'll take 1-3 players for this one.

=====

I only intend to run one of these due to lack of time. For my online times and posting freequency see my intro page at - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=52670

Please reply with your interest in any of the above.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:37 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Setting this to closed for now as Im involved in a few games now and don't want to spread myself too thinly.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace