All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Lyons stood up, "You stole the dragon eggs? I was told the mages do not steal eggs! I have protected lands. Most live here hidden as other forms. Some go to the Dragonlands. I want the mage that made you steal the eggs reported. If you steal another egg, you will face punishment worse than thievery. Do you understand? Now you will stay here where I can keep an eye on you. Your still a Draco and because I gave you father a promise you are to live here. In the Fall you will go with Kate and study at the Mage University. I should know better than to trust mages. No hocus pocus or you will be sent to the mage guild castle. I see anything floating and you will be punished."
Lyons sat back down and lit his pipe from the mantel, "You may go shopping with Kate. Give me your money. I will keep it in my safe until you leave for school. You will earn your keep after the Festival Days are over. Rest and recover. You master mage will be delt with. You received harsh treatment and survival should only be a long weekend. He will be punished as I will not tolerate abuse. Stay in your room until Kate says you are well enough to venture. My guards will not harm you and under orders to keep a 10 foot distance. You may attend the Ball and Mr. Snead will see that you are properly dressed his shop is in town. Buy any weapon you see fit. Yes you may have a magical one. Spare no expense on your person and armor. I am happy Kate likes you have me as a friend. I warn you, turn against me and you will never see Kate or this kingdom and its allies again. Anyone harms you, I want you to tell me. Come, lets get you to your room. You will have a permanent one after you are well.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

"Lord Lyons, it was a test of bravery or so I was told. Begging your pardon but why should I give you my money? I have no wish to be indebted to any man. I will pay for my own clothing as well as my own schooling. The Mage School Academy that I went to is further north. In the Kingdom of Yuria. I was not to be dropped off here at all. I was to be dropped off at my Academy so that I can report to the Dean Master.

In fact if I do not go back, I will not be able to get my Survival Fitness Diploma. I will not be able to sign up for Dragon Academy. Nor will I be allowed to be in the Dragonites. It has been my dream to serve my country as best as I can. Can't you understand what being a Dragon Master means to me?" Jacques spoke in a pleading way.

"It's the only way that I can redeem my father's birth right and mine."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 pm 

Lyons frowned, "Jacques, I do mean you cannot accomplish these things. I have to explain the plans that this will lead is only death for you. You uncle and my sister would like nothing more than destroy you and every kingdom. We keep a delicate balance or he could a-line with the orcs, trolls, and minions and control every dragon. It is bad enough the trolls control the red dragons. You're not strong enough right now to face them. Please listen, you need to clear your name. Work on your studies become the strongest man and mage you can. Lead your dragons and the ones here. They are many here unseen dragon kin throughout the kingdoms for their protection. Think about this, your future and the dragon's future. Do not open us to war again. We barely survived. Keep you uncle to his tiny shire in the tropics. There he does little harm compared to what he could do if unleashed."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 pm 

"There are dwarves that live in the mountains to the north. There is always a war on the boundary line. That war with you nearly cost my Father's life. We did not find out until later. Both sides suffered much then. King Cernobog and Queen Jezabella did not even have any parties for several years. It was said to be because of Queen Jezabella's health would not permit such things. But it was doubted." Jacques sighed deeply.
"At least let me open the chest to see if there is anything truly in it. So that I know what I do have. I need to satisfy my mind and that is one way that I can at least set my mind at ease.
As for the rest, I will think on what you have said and I will let you know what my plans are as soon as I can figure them out."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 pm 

Lyons placed his hand on the young man's shoulder, "Digging into your father's chest will bring closure but with it are deep family wounds. Your uncle hurt your father and does not care who he hurts. Black magic is powerful at a price. You've been warned. I have the key in my pocket. Your father did not want you opening for a reason. Your of age and it's legally yours. Don't you think about facing your uncle alone. He will draw you like smoke to a flame. Heed my warning."
Lyons sighs and handed him the key.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 am 

"Thank you, Lord Lyons. I wondered where the key was. I have a number of old keys in my weapons trunk. Jacques took the key and went to the chest. He opened it to find the expected letters plus a thick envelope. Under them were gold coins. Jacques gasped at the sight of all of the gold coins.
"I wonder if all the chest has in are gold coins." he spoke quietly.
"Please place this chest in your safe. I don't want this much money out in the open, Lord Lyons. I will repay you for the clothes and such out of my work detail. Would you send the other 3 trunks to my room? I'd like to go through them when I have more energy. I'll read these later. I have a lot of reading to do while I recover. I have my Grimoire of my Survival Training to read through yet." Jacques spoke quietly as he stood up and began walking down the hallway slowly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm 

Lyons agreed to keep the money in a safe. He raised his voice, "Ann see that Jacques belongings are taken to a room upstairs. That will be his permanent room. Help him to his room. Have Kate stay with him until he is recovered to dine with us. The lad will be allowed to keep his name. I fear for his safety and think it best his last name not be revealed unless necessary. Add him to the house registry. I want him treated as a family member. He will dine with me and accompany the family on official functions."
Lyons returned to his desk and began writing official documents and sent word to the mages about his displeasure about the eggs. Jacques was under his protection and would be pardoned for taking the eggs. The dragons would be raised under the House of Lyons. He called for an investigation into the master mage's conduct and Jacques's abuse and neglect.
Kate fed her baby dragon and quickly returned the hall only to Jacques moving slowly to his room. "Easy, I got you. You should be resting." Ann cradled the baby dragon and followed Kate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm 

"So I am to be a part of your family for the time being. It seems that my father knew your father. " Jacques spoke quietly.
"What room will I have? What will I be allowed to do? Lady Kate, could you get my personal lap desk out of my Academic Trunk. I'll need my back pack."

They had finally arrived in the bed room and Jacques went to straight to the bed. He closed her eyes and laid back on the bed.
"Where are my eggs? And my back pack? Have they arrived yet?" he spoke quietly.

*What are you doing, Kate?* the baby Ally asked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:15 am 

Kate answered him as he laid on the guest room bed, "Your eggs are safe. Your belongs have been taken upstairs to the room across the hall from mine. Yes you are part of the family and for now you need to sleep. I will tell you all you need to know later. You concentrate on getting well. I will send word to the mages in your home that you are alright. You are to take a holiday and enjoy the season."
Kate covered him, "Rest easy. I will check on you. Ann will bring you supper. Sleep as long as you want. You need anything pull the gold cord by your bed. Relax, I am happy your here."
Kate padded to her baby in her box."Now I am going to take you to my room and play with you. I have a few toys and shiney's for you. This is a special time of the year. It is the month long celebration of Winterfest. You hatched on Father Winter's day. This is coldest day of the year is Jack Frost Day. You were born on a special night. I have a special pendent and bell for you to keep. I have a lovely house you can play in and when it gets warmer, we will take it outside. For now you will share my room. I have a litter boxes with stones to keep your talons dry. I keep one in my room, one on the parlor, one in the kitchen, and one in a special room for you to play in when you are bigger. I played in it when I was little. I have toys your size. Would you like see them?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am 

Jacques placed the letters under his pillow for the time being when he rolled over. He was very tired and just wanted to sleep for a very long time.

*So I am a special Dragon? Because I was born on a special day. I like shiney things and playing. I want to see the toys now, please.* Ally spoke firmly in her mind.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:30 am 

Kate picked up the baby dragon, "Did you like your food?" The mage closed the guest room door and carried her baby dragon upstairs into a room next to last at the end of the hall. "This is your play room. I will stay with you as we play. The other dragons will join you. In here are cubicles to climb and sleep in. There by the left side wall is you house. Would you like to go in it. It is big enough for you to grow and it has room for your tail. There is a little plush chair, stairs, a table to eat at, and all the rooms and kitchen area to pretend in?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:58 am 

*Food is good. I play now.* the little dragon wobbled to the house. She walked inside. *Is mine. I like. I stay here. * Alya spoke. She pushed her snout into the cupboards and into the corners of the room as she walked about. She climbed on the couch and closed her eyes to pretend to sleep. She was happily sniffing and snooping around everything.

Jaucqes slept really deep with no dreams but a few worries.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:03 pm 

Kate chuckled seeing Ally in her playhouse she liked it. Kate remembered playing in it when she was little. "Ally I have more toys and shiney's for you to collect. You can keep then in your play house so you do not loose them. Are you ready to explore my room? I will bring you back here before bedtime."
The mage stood outside the front door of the Victorian house. She placed a prism on the floor and the whole room shone with color on the walls. Come Ally look at the walls. This is your first lesson in light. It looks like magic but is the light hitting the glass. The glass is cut a special way that we get the little rainbows in the room. You can touch the glass but do not drop it.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm 

*Toys first. Then shineys. Then nap.* Ally decided firmly as she came out of the playhouse. "Where?" she asked looking about. Ally sniffed in the corners to find the promised things.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 pm 

Kate laughed as the little dragon looked for the toys. "The're are too big for you. In my room and climb on my arm I will carry you. You need to watch for feet. Someone could step on your tail and it would hurt. I will carry you for a few months. I will let you see out the window but it is cold outside. When it gets warmer you may explore the garden. Right now all the plants are asleep and the white stuff is snow, frozen water that falls from the sky."

The mage cradled Ally on her back and carried her to her room and sat her on the floor. "Go explore and bring all the things you find to me. I bet you find thinks I may have lost. Do not put anything in your mouth. The things in here are not food. You get hungry let me know."

All over the room Kate hid crystals of different colors over the floor. They were small but too big for Ally to eat. The stuffed animals were a puppy, baby fox, a green lizard, and a bright pink snail. Kate had a pentagram necklace she lost under the bed, a amethyst necklace under her writing desk, and a leather band with multicolored beads beside the dresser. Kate opened the curtains so Abby could look out over the front courtyard. There was a fountain covered in ice sickles surrounded with winter flowers dusted in snow. The ground was covered in snow. "Abby this is your home. Foxrun Manor. In the distance is the town of Wildwood Shire."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:41 pm 

Ally hopped on Kate's arm. She looked about to see what was going on. She saw the white stuff and tilted her head to the side.

Jacques woke up and sat up. He felt a bit better. He opened his letters and began reading. As he read, he realized that his father lived a double life. He only acted like he was loyal to King Henry Midas. If these allegations were true then the King was a cruel King indeed. He had servants beat just because they were not there at the exact moment they were wanted! He could not believe it.

In his mother's letter he found out that his master teacher was the king's eldest illegitimate son! Before he married the Queen. It was a long list of the king's relative's and the Queen's relatives and what position they had in the kingdom.

Sean was debating about sharing the letters but he wasn't sure that he should or not yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 am 

Kate opened the door to the balcony slightly, "See it is cold and you can go touch the snow and come back in."
The mage closed as soon as Ally trotted back inside the warm room. "Go hunt for your things and I am going to watch you."
Kate sat on the end of her bed and let Ally explore and placed each item on the bed. She found a box on her desk for all the crystals. "Did you find all eight crystals? Now you teach me the draconian names for color. I will teach you common."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 pm 

Ally looked about and found a gem which she proudly picked up and placed it on the bed before pronouncing "ulhar"
Then proceeded to hunt for more and placing each one on the bed.
"charir....achuak ....sililos..yrev..... vutha.... aussir.... mazdak."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 pm 

Kate watched as she hunted. She looked like a dragon on a mission. She took her job seriously. Kate like hearing speak each color.
"Good Ally. Good girl. You found them. You may keep them safe for me.
What would like to do now?"
Bensvelk Ally. bensvelk fanol. Wux ehtaha astahi. wux nomag nakta astahi tokeq ihk ve. Svabol ornla hefoc ekess tir jaka?
Kate picked up each crystal and the diamond.
The colors are vutha.... aussir.... mazdak."Green, yellow
blue,white, and orange. Sorry I forgot the others."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 pm 

*Put in my house? OK?" Ally looked at the pretty colors, moving them with her beak.
*Any more to find?*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next