All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate laughed he was so witty,"What do you think? I am I so stuffy? Am I arrogant? I haven't promised marriage for those very reasons. I do not want a mansion. They are too hard to clean. I want a home in town where I have my own apothecary shop and heal the sick. I like being around the inn and play my lute with the bards. I hear the old bats at court whisper behind my back because my father was not born a noble. Yet the come to me to ease their ackes and pains. I only go to the King's palaces because I have to. I like riding my horse because that is the only time I do not have to wear a skirt. I have to obey rules and protocols. I break them when I can. You may takes my things in this room. I ask you give them back at the first of every year. Can we agree?"
Kate winked.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Matt laughed.

"Now that's just making it too easy. Where's the adventure, the risk in that?" 

At that moment Abigail and Jasper returned.

"Sounds like you two are getting along." Abigail said, sitting on the couch next to Kate. "Have you come to realize how big a pain he is yet?" She said to Kate with a laugh. Matt stuck his tongue out at her. 

"You're such a kid." She said to him.

"Says you." Was the answer she received. Turning to Kate, Matt asked his next question.

"You mentioned food, correct?" To add to his question his stomach growled. "Been a while since I've had anything decent to eat that wasn't stolen from a cart."

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:44 pm 

Kate stood and the meat was on the coffee table, "Gad. Forgot. Have you made your decision? What do you want chicken, stew, or veal? How would you like to help me? I know you are starving. I will give you herbs so you can eat and not be sick."
She nudged Jasper, "Do you want to chop the vegetables. It help me when I am angry. After dinner I will take to a special training room. You can fight opponents of your choosing and work out the rage with in."
Ally, would you set the table and glasses are in the cupboard above the counter. I have tea, lemonade and milk in the ice box.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 pm 

Matt put a finger to his chin, making an exaggerated thinking pose. 

"Hmm, decisions, decisions. I think veal sounds good. Are there any objections?" Holding his hands out to the sides he turned to the other occupants in the room. "No? Then the decision is made."

Abigail rolled her eyes and shook her head with a smile.

"Drama queen." She muttered to him. 

"Take what you can get." Matt winked at her before turning back to Kate. "I'd love to help, what do you want me to do?"

Jasper felt Kate nudge him, having not been paying much attention to the scene before him he looked to her for clarification. He could cut the vegetables, he wasn't sure what that had to do with anger but he would do it nonetheless.

Abigail stood up.

"What I can get is you out of my way!" She laughed as she pushed past Matt on the way to the kitchen.

"Not fair!" He called after her, regaining his balance he followed close after her, once more racing each other.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 pm 

Kate liked having all of her new family with her and once dinner was over she gave each of them a sperament leaf. She removed their plates and placed them in the sink. She removed chocolate cake from the icebox and placed slices on saucers with a rose print. She passed the dessert. "Who wants hot tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:10 pm 

Abigail yawned, stretching her arms over her head.

"Tea please. Geez, didn't realize how tired I was." She commented, noticing how quiet Jasper was, quieter than usual.

"I don't think I've ever had coffee before, or hot chocolate." Matt said, leaning back in his chair until it was on two legs. "Served it plenty of times though."

Abigail nudged Jasper.

"Everything okay?" She asked in a low tone.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Jasper replied, meeting her eyes for only a moment before letting them drop to the table once more. Abigail watched him for a few seconds, wondering what was going on before changing the topic and taking the focus off him.

"Where's everyone suppose to sleep tonight?" She asked, knowing Kate only had two guest rooms.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 pm 

Kate fixed three hot chocolates and one tea. The tapped Jasper on the shoulder and whispered, "Come with me."
She looked back to the others, "We will be back."
Kate led Jasper to the outside hallway and shut the door. He gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. "Talk to me. What are you thinking?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:32 pm 

Jasper silently followed Kate into the hallway. He didn't know how to express what he was thinking. He didn't want to upset Kate by telling her either. A few minutes of silence went by until he finally spoke.

"I've been thinking about what Malora said." His ears lowered and he looked away, knowing he shouldn't be letting what that woman said get to him. 

"She said I was bred for you...like some sort of experiment." He had questioned this before, being an experiment. Why else would he have his feline attributes when neither one of his parents did?

"I...I don't know what to do." He admitted in defeat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:48 pm 

Kate wrapped her tail around him, "Oh that would hurt you. She has filled your life with lies. Are you going to believe her? Isn't that what she and Draco do? Look at you sister. Jasper, how can they be so cruel? You were born before me. I love you just as you are. Your a beautiful person and so is your cat form. I know you will never get over what they did. I can't tell not to worry. I will never regret your coming into my life. You are the one I love. Try to help me understand why that is a bad thing?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:54 pm 

Jasper leaned against Kate, looking for some form of comfort. He thought about what Kate had asked, why this was a bad thing. It didn't seem bad at all, especially compared to what he had had. Now he could be happy, and safe, something he couldn't feel before coming to Kate. But one thought kept coming back, one he had held onto for a long time.

"Because I don't deserve it." He said quietly, already regretting saying it. 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 am 

Kate wrapped him her tail, "What? Why, Jasper? Do you believe that? Do not keep in the darkness of your heart. Oh. Your so deep? That you believe you don't deserve and happiness. Is not to be deserving or not. It is accepting the good with the bad. Just because you live has been bad for so long and now the god of life has brought you to me. You can be happy. Oh, Jasper it is alright to smile and laugh. Giving yourself permission to be happy. What made you laugh as a child? That is what I am going let you experience again. You had to heal physically first. I am going take you on a sleigh ride. Teach you to ice skate, how to play in the snow. Let you fly a kite. Spend summer at the beach. Taste sweets. I will take to listen to the bards. We will attend festivals watch dancers, fire eaters, see the finer things of life. One day you will look back as the beginning of your life. It won't always be so scary.""

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 am 

Before Kate, Jasper would have wanted to be alone, to think to himself without others around. But now he wanted to be with Kate, they didn't have to talk, just having someone who cared be near would be enough. He wanted to snuggle, and be loved, comfortable in the presence of someone else.

Giving himself permission to do anything was difficult, let alone being happy. He hadn't wanted to drag Kate down with him, she had been happy and now she wasn't. Jasper blamed himself, like he did with so many things, like he had been trained to do. Malora was right, once tamed he was obedient, just as she had wanted.

Jasper didn't say anything but pulled closer to Kate, placing his head on her shoulder.

"Why is this so hard?" He asked. Taking orders was easy, fighting was easy, this, this was far from it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:51 am 

Kate held him tighter, "This is all new and you're broken into what Malora wanted. I will not let you be what you have been accustom to. I am showing a new way to live. Be patient and breathe. I would not be true to myself if I treated you have been accustom. Change is never easy. We are creatures of habit. I am showing new ways. Just breathe and lean on me. I am your guide. Follow my lead. Keep your mind open to the door. Your old ways will never come again. You feel lost. That is never comfortable. It does get easier. A year from now you will doing things on your own. You will be able to laugh."
Kate stroked his hair and kissed his forehead. "I love you. We can just stay here. A bit."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 am 

Jasper simply nodded to Kate's suggestion of staying where they were. 

It was all so over-whelming. Just yesterday he felt he had been making progress, and now it felt like he had taken several steps back. 

"I'm sorry Kate, for causing so many problems." Jasper was sorry, Kate deserved so much more than this. She deserved to be happy and not have to spend her time comforting him just because he couldn't control his own emotions and thoughts. He closed his eyes and just focused on breathing, trying to push everything else away the best he could.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:21 am 

Kate kissed his cheek, "I am not sad. I know you your sorry. Close your eyes. You are so in tune to what others want and feel. You've never been allowed to feel your own feelings. This a moment for Jasper to breath and think. What does Jasper feel?"
Kate massaged his neck and shoulders. "Breathe and I am giving you permission to listen to your heart. What does Jasper want?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:30 am 

Jasper leaned into the touch, thinking of an answer. He wasn't sure what he wanted, to focused, as Kate said, on everyone else.

What did he want? If he really thought about it, what he wanted was what he already had. Love, safety, comfort, support. It was already more than he was use to and he didn't know what more to ask for. Surely there was something he wanted.

He purred under Kate's hands, feeling relaxed and content.

"I don't know what else I could want." He finally admitted. 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:00 am 

Kate took a deep breath. "Yes. I have you in my life. I do always like situations we face. As long as I am with you I am happy. She listened to his purr. "That is the best answer could give. I love your purr.

"Relax, breath." As soon as she began to massage his arms he was purring like a kitten. He was leaning with his back to her and her back was to the wall. Kate rubbed his arms. She laided her head against his neck and kissed it. She kissed the back of his neck. She whispered,"I love you." Kate cradled his good hand and massaged his palm. She nuzzled his cheek with hers. "Does Jasper feel loved and wanted?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 pm 

Jasper hadn't felt like this in a long time. He was completely at ease, muscles relaxed for once, and his mind was clear. He leaned into Kate's touches, soaking in the affection and touch. 

When she asked if he felt loved and wanted, Jasper simply nodded, not interrupting his purr. He couldn't remember ever feeling this loved, it was a good feeling. He snuggled against Kate, nuzzling her cheek back.

His mind briefly wandered to the others who they had left in the kitchen with no explanation. 

"We should get back to the others." He said, eyes stilled closed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 pm 

Kate loved holding Jasper. He was warm, caring, and affectionate. The mage had hope for him and he needed time she remind herself. She did wonder about his question, 'what did Malora mean he was bread for her.' She ignored the thought and was happy he was with her than with her aunt. He was purring and for that Kate was enough proof the meeting did not destroy him. "We should go back. It seems your sister and Matt are getting along well. Our tea is probably cold by now. I will hold you again when we sleep. Do you want to go back or would like to see the mage school. I can show you the room battle-mages train and a nursery where we keep orphaned dragons. The mages keep the live eggs and we raise them. I will have my dragon with me all my life. She is as big as a St. Bernard now. Dragons go through many molting before they are as big as house. Since we are here, I can get you the first through third year books for teens. I think I asked you, would like to learn an instrument. I can take you to the music room and you can choose the instrument. Here the instruments play themselves so you can hear its sound. You have heard the lute and piano. I know you hate loud noises. I will ask the instruments to play softly."
Kate stood up after he did, "Where do you want to go inside my suite, See the the ba,by dragons, the music room and the textbook room."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 pm 

Jasper agreed with Kate's statement of Abi and Matt getting along so well. He wondered if it was because they annoyed each other so much, or if Abi just liked having another little brother. Again, Jasper had this feeling that he had met Matt before and meant to ask Kate about it when she asked if he would like to see the school.

He had nearly forgotten that Kate meant for him to be taught in actual subjects.With everything that had been happening it had slipped his mind. He didn't have any real interest in learning how to play an instrument, it just didn't feel like his thing. The idea that the instruments could play themselves was odd, and a little frightening, but Jasper kept quiet about that. 

He thought it would be fun to see other parts of the school, but he also wanted to check in on the others, make sure everything was okay with them.

"Can we check on Abi and Matt first?" He asked tentatively. 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next