All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:33 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate knew Matt had to leave and quickly, "Your wounds just need to be cleaned and a bath will help. We will talk later. Good Luck."
Kate gathered the baked goods. "Jasper, take your cat form when we go outside. We'll see if she remembers you. I can hold you once we meet my Aunt. She will hopefully think nothing of you."

The mage for Jasper to change form and kept mainly on the grass. She was near the Boar's Tusk Inn. Kate saw a carriage with a dragon painted on both sides in gold and red. She walked to the side of the building away from prying eyes. Damn, she has my table. Up I will carry you under my cloak."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:15 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper watched Abigail and Matt leave, not wanting them to go alone without protection. As they left his sight he turned back to Kate, ears lowered slightly. He wasn't ready for what was ahead. 

Shifting into his tabby form, he followed Kate, minding where he stepped. As the carriage was spotted, Jasper froze, ears flattened. A distressed mew escaped him and he took a few steps back. He couldn't go near this place, couldn't go near her! What if he reverted to his old ways, all the progress he had made lost. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 pm 

Kate's heart sank as she scooped him up and carried him over her shoulder. She took a deep breath as she wrapped the cat in her cloak. "Nothing will happen to you. I will not let it. I know your terrified. Let see if we can trap her and you can take revenge while she is in town. Courage, just breath. I am not letting go of you."
Kate entered the inn and strolled in confidently to the elder woman the was elegantly dressed in a mink coat. "Hello Auntie. It has been ages. May I join you?" Kate sat down and held Jasper tightly through the cloth.
The blond hair and blued woman blinked and motioned her to sit. Kate could not believe her eyes, Malora look like had not aged. "The fates have been good to you. You have not aged."
The woman patted he face, "It's my own brew and little magic"
Kate forced a smile, "I wondered when you would return."
Malora saw the bundle in Kate's arms. "Is that my present to you?
Kate patted the Savannah's back, "He is. I am curious to know why he was in such a state?
Malora leaned back, "I am sorry. That was not my in tension, Draco planned that devilish plot. He feard the im...the slave would try to escape. My...I mean your pet some how managed to get his mana and used that ghastly weapon. I grew tired of him. He became a liability to business. Winning every event the customers become testy. Your pet there no longer drew in crowds. It was bad for business. I came here with am urchin I purchased back home. The scamp took off with my wedding jewels. "You did not happen to see him? Pesky brat. I'll show who's boss. If I get a hold of him again.'

Kate was fuming inside and managed to hold her anger. "I am sure he's long gone. I am curious why your here? Are you going to have words with Papa?"

Malora placed her hands on the table, "I thought about it. I have not decided if I would till now. No doubt you will tell him. I am here and I will have to explain I need his help."

Kate held her finger over her mouth, "You? Want Papas help?

"Yes. I have made up my mind and left that SOB."

"Oh. Do you think he will take you in? After..."
Malora cut her off, "I over heard him saying he only wanted me for money and he never wanted a wife. He spends more time in his lab and well...he just no not fun anymore. Kate, I wanted the power of black magic and it does not do for me. I had fire and it's gone out. That slave was the last pet and I did not want Draco to kill him. I found that out too. Part of me just could not let him die. I was angry when he was unfairly brought down. I wanted to interfere but was afraid Draco would see ritgh through me. I arranged for him to be shipped to you. Not that I should care but did you save his life?"

Kate bent her head down and glided her hand down Jasper's feline back, "I healed him physically. Yes. I will not say he is alright. I never you to be so heartless. What has been done to his is unforgivable. What did you mean he was bread for me."

Malora leaned back and rolled her eyes, "I was wondering when you come to that. It is true he has always been obedient once tamed. I watched him grow and his persona complimented yours. I could not give him to a total stranger. Am I right, you like him?"

Kate hair bristled, "I'll admit I do. He is more than a gift, Aunt Malora. Do you want me to tell Papa your staying here or will you call on him?

Malora shook her head, "I send word better we meet here. Enjoy my...your pet. He is...was special. Someday your will enjoy all his talents. He was made for you.

Kate stood up as Heidi passed, "He's a gentleman despite all. Happy Winterfest."

Malora nodded and lifted her hand and placed it back down, "Happy Winterfeast"

Kate calmly walked out and once away from the Inn let out a huff, "I am so mad I want to scream. Oooh that woman makes me so mad. How dare she. How dare she ruin my holiday. Oh here I am ranting and raving and you. Sweet Jasper, you've come so far. I hope I have not lost you again."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:54 am 

Jasper didn't move as Kate picked him up and wrapped him in her cloak. His ears were down and as soon as they entered the inn and he caught the scent of Malora he squirmed a little before settling down and pressing close to Kate. Jasper kept his eyes down, not making eye contact with anyone, including Kate.

He listened to what the two were saying, and felt a shiver run down his back when Malora asked about him. When he heard Malora's story his ears pricked up. That wasn't how he remembered it. People had come to watch him tear his opponents apart, they loved the bloodshed and brutal display. Draco continued to give him bigger and meaner opponents to keep things fresh, until it almost killed him. 

Jasper than heard her talk of who he assumed was Matt and he felt a low growl in his chest. That was the Malora he knew, always ready to hand out punishment. 

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He hated her so much and yet was helpless to do a thing about it. Jasper was grateful that the conversation soon ended and Kate left the inn. When they were away from the building he untangled himself from Kate's cloak and jumped down, shifting into his human form. He heard what she was saying and couldn't agree more, if looks could kill Jasper's would be lethal. His tail flicked angrily behind him as he once more felt a growl in his chest. He was riled up, just like before a match. He could feel his muscles twitch, ready for a fight that would never come.

In a moment of pure rage, he swung his fist at a nearby tree, releasing the pent up anger and feeling the pain that resulted. Pulling his injured hand back he felt the majority of his anger melt away and be replaced with shame and guilt. Sinking to his knees he cradled his hand to his chest and bowed his head before Kate.

"I'm sorry Kate, I didn't mean...I..." Unable to finish he sighed and shook his head, tears in the corners of his eyes. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 am 

Kate knelt in front him and put her arms around him, "You have every right to be angry. Let me see your hand. I want to hit something too. Least of all you. Take a moment and breathe, I am so proud of you. She is a horrid person. Never once addressed you by name. She did not even feel any remorse. You never got a moment's kindness did you."
Kate cradled his hand and released her mana. "Anger is a strong emotion and better you hit the tree. I will show you a place where you can get all you anger and rage out safely. Take a deep breath and lets finish shopping."
Kate removed a handkerchief from her cloak pocket, expecting him to flinch, she dabbed his eyes. "You are no pet. You are Jasper a person. Don't you dare let her win and let her take all the progress you gained. I need you...You need you to fight against all she did. I know it's slow and it's hard. Please me you will keep trying. A nod will do."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 pm 

Jasper felt Kate's arms around him, the sense of safety and love settling over him once more. He carefully let her see his hand, feeling blood drip from the knuckles where he had torn the skin, a scratch compared to what he was use to. He shook his head when she asked if he had ever received a moments kindness. Not until he had been sent away, Malora had been all hatred and pain, fear and punishment. Kate was the exact opposite. 

He did his best to control his breathing, but kept coming back to everything Malora had said, including what she had said about Matt. 

He felt Kate dabbing at his eyes and flinched slightly before settling. He listened to what Kate was saying. He knew he had to keep fighting, but after everything that had happened and this moment of reliving it, it seemed impossible. He had to do it though, if not for himself than for Kate. He nodded, finally looking up to meet her eyes. 

"Thank you Kate, for everything." He meant it, he still didn't feel he deserved everything she did but Kate was a different sort of person than he was use to. 

He also hoped Matt and Abi had gotten away safely. Having heard what Malora intended to do to Matt if he was found. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm 

Once his hand was mostly healed she let go. "I am grateful your with me and not with that vile creature. Lets get this over. Find clothes you think Mat will like. I will take his shopping too. Malora would have had to leave Mat here anyway. He is safe with Abby. We will make this fast and I need to bring food home. What does Mat like to eat?"

They stopped at the butcher's store and then went to the Sneads shop. Kate got clothes and a gift for Mat. She held hands with Jasper all the way back to the Mage Guild castle. At the door to her suite Kate knocked on the door. She too hoped Abby and Matt made it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 pm 

As nice as it was to be with Kate as they went to each of the shop's and finished their shopping trip, it was much better to finally be done and return to the Mage Guild castle. When they arrived and Kate knocked on the door, Jasper strained to hear any movement on the other side to indicate they had arrived. He was relieved when he heard voices and hurried footsteps approaching the door.

"I've got it!" 

"No! You sit down!"

"As if!" There was the sound of two bodies hitting each other before the door finally opened. Matt was looking over his shoulder, sticking his tongue out at Abigail who was sprawled on the ground with a frown.

"You are a pain." She said, standing up and dusting herself off. Turning to face Kate and Jasper, Matt moved out of the way to let them in. 

Jasper was glad they were okay, and seemed to be getting along more or less.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:38 pm 

Kate was happy to see them and sat the bundle on the couch. Then plopped on the couch."Whew am I glad that is over. Jasper heart was beating so fast I thought he would feint in my arms. Abby, you would be proud of your brother. Ohh. I nearly forgot. Matt. these duds are for you and I have gifts for all of you. Abby, did you and Matt have any trouble getting home? Sorry so late we took a long stroll encase we were followed. I bought veal, chicken, and sirloin meat for stew. I have vegetable and thought garlic bread with sage would be good. I have chocolate cake and brownies for dessert. I thought for breakfast we would have assorted french pastries and hot chocolate. Matt I will take you shopping as soon as Aunt Malora leaves. "This will be the last place Malora will look for you. I told her your long gone."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 pm 

Abigail hugged her brother around the middle, catching him by surprise and pulling him down with her as she lost her footing. The two fell to the floor, Abigail landing on top of him. She heard an 'oof' from him and apologized while laughing at him. 

"Welcome to the floor." She giggled pushing up off him and rolling to the side. She rested beside him, shoulder to shoulder and looked up at Kate. 

"And welcome back." From the corner of her eye she spotted Matt grinning at the two of them. "I don't want to hear from you, you imp." Her tone wasn't angry and just caused Matt to laugh.

"Me, an imp? No!" He placed his hand over his chest, pretending to be hurt by the comment. "You're just jealous I beat you to the door."

"That's only because you tripped me!" Abigail sat up.

"No, you just got too close and fell over my foot." 

Jasper tried to follow what was happening before looking to Kate, confusion on his face. Matt perched on the arm of the couch and turned to Kate.

"Best she doesn't know I'm still here, though her guards will probably stick around for a while." At that he reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of rings. "Besides, she won't part with these too easily."

"I thought you said the things you stole were gone?" Abigail asked, eyeing the rings suspiciously.

"I said the necklace was gone, I never said anything about these." Matt remarked, twirling the rings around his skinny fingers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:09 pm 

Kate watched as had their fun and knew once Malora left they would have a great holiday. As long as you don't steal anything of mine. "It seems the two of you got along well. Matt, I hope you had a good long bath. Abby, Did you oil your wings? What would you like for dinner?? I"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm 

At Kate's comment, Matt slid the rings back into his pocket. He was both surprised and pleased she hadn't asked for them. 

Abigail shook her head, she had forgotten to oil her wings with everything that had happened.

"No, I er...sort of forgot." She admitted. "Jasper, want to help?" She asked, turning to her brother who still sat beside her. Jasper nodded, looking to Kate quickly to ensure it was okay before getting up and leaving with his sister down the hall. 

Matt watched them go.

"You're not like the others." He said, not really looking at Kate but directing the comment towards her. "Strange that you're related to Mistress Malora though." He said her name mockingly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 pm 

Kate smiled at Jasper and nodded. Kate turned her head to Matt and snickered, "No am not and I wish I wasn't. Tell me about you. I am glad you your here and not with the lady I sadly call my aunt. Did you over hear why she is here? Papa banished her and I am surprised she is here. I hope she leaves soon."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 pm 

"What do you want to know?" Matt asked, leaning back against the wall. "I don't remember my parents, or even where I'm from. I just know I've been a slave most of my life. Use to belong to some Lord in the north, didn't much care for me especially after I broke his entire collection of crystal goblets -- mostly accidental." He said this with a laugh. "Next thing I knew I was sold to Malora. She didn't pay me much mind for the longest time, too occupied with her other slaves. I spent a good while in the cells with the Pit fighters though, got a reputation for being a pickpocket there. I would snatch things they needed, food, bandages, drinks, you name it. If I could get my hands on it I would." Here his smile slipped. "Made good friends with one of them, can't remember his name though, heck, don't even remember what he really looked like either. He was like a brother to me. Then he was gone and Malora was calling on me for everything. Fetch this, gather this, bring this, blah, blah, blah. Got to the point I was sick of it. Planned with a few others and got out with a prize." His grin once more returned. "Can't say I wasn't expecting a search party." He paused for a few minutes, thinking about what Kate had asked.

"Can't say I know why she's here though."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:01 pm 

Kate listened to his story, "Your witty Matt. I will not force you to stay here. I can make your life easier. I give a choice, you may stay here at my suite or come to my home in home in my father's manor. I see that you never starve, fight, or steal to keep alive. I hope you adjust easier to being free. Slavery is illegal here. Next month, I will be able to free you, Abby, and Jasper on pepper. I never had a slave and Papa free's slaves and teaches them how to be free. Some I learned from him other is common sense. You need to read and right and learn a trade to survive. There is a place in my father's employment for thieves to go straight. If interested I can introduce to him. If you want learn to read, write and cipher, I can teach you. You can go to school here if you can do magic. Magic is called the natural talent of bending and using energy around you to manipulate the objects around you."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:16 pm 

Matt thought about what it would be like to not have to steal or fight, to not be a slave but nothing was coming to mind. This was all he knew. His attention snapped back to Kate when she mentioned freeing him.

"Whoa, whoa. Are you saying you can free me from this? Wouldn't that mean you first have to own me?" He looked at Kate skeptically. "I escaped one mistress, don't think I won't do it again." He looked ready to bolt in a moment's notice, his previously relaxed pose gone. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 pm 

Kate shook her head, "I do not want to own you and will not treat you as a slave. Stay with me and at least on paper you will have your freedom. That way you leave the shire and no one can make you a slave. It would be illegal and whoever captured you would be breaking the law and can be arrested. Bolt. You risk a horrid fate if captured."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 pm 

Matt laughed, but it wasn't a happy one.

"You don't know that." He slipped off the couch and turned away from Kate, his voice full of venom. "You don't know what I'm capable of." He laughed again. "You know I'm sick of it. Sick of being told what to do. Sick of being treated like someone's pet. Sick of not being able to do anything on my own." He turned to face Kate once more. 

"Do you know what it's like? Having no identity? Being forced to do things against your will? To resort to being a criminal? Of course not. You've had everything you've wanted handed to you, probably didn't even have to ask." His voice held anger, spitting words like poison, but his eyes showed how lost he was. He was overwhelmed, scared, more alone than he had ever been.

"Suppose you want me gone now, huh. I don't blame you." Shifting his gaze to the floor, Matt waited for Kate's answer, fully prepared to leave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm 

Kate knew hew right and did not blame him. She gazed at him, "You have every right to be angry. Do you think I am blind to how nobles treat their slaves. They farm you out for coin and for pleasure. Treat you like dirt and no one says a word. I have interceded, have allowed servants unpaid to sit beside me and eat as I have been served them. I have brought a slave for the duration I am staying; given them a proper meal, a bath, my suite, and treated then as a human being. Have you not heard my name in certain circles, I am Lady Kathryn Lyons? My father was in the pits. He was called Rexus of the Pits. I over head his fighting moves are taught with each generation. I have never told Papa I know things about his life as a slave. My father was freed by his lord and master, my mother's father. Go if you feel that I will be as vile as my aunt. I do not blame you, Matt. I can give you a better life if you stay. I can prepare you for freedom."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 pm 

Matt listened to Kate, feeling his anger simmer down a fraction. It was tempting to leave, risky, but tempting. On the other hand, staying here and actually being treated well was even more tempting. 

"If I stay, you're not going to treat me like a slave, are you? None of this upper class nonsense?" He asked hesitantly. If he stayed he didn't want to be treated like before but on a nicer level. He wanted to be allowed to do things he couldn't previously. 

"Not sure what you'd want with a thief though." He laughed, lightening the mood a bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33  Next