All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:31 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"This is more for ladies. I like the length on you. I would like to find a shade that matches your eyes. I thought wampum beads. Nothing tight around your neck? What you think 18" better?"
https://www.google.com/search?q=free+pi ... 63&bih=537

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... wB6D4cLjGA

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

He had never worn any sort of jewelry before, and the only thing around his neck had been chains and collars. As Kate spoke he found himself absently rubbing the back of his neck.

Abigail was watching the two, pausing in her own searching.

"What about this one?" She asked, holding a beaded necklace of greens and golds. "Might be a bit snug but it would look nice I think."

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 am 

Kate touched his chest, "Too soon. Would you like a necklace you like for the pendent I gave you." Kate removed a matching pendent on a silver serpentine chain around her neck. "As I said it shows were from the House of Lyons. I have one I wear when at the mage guild castle. If something happened my family could find me. I sends a warning if I leave the shire. I still have the freedom to go anywhere I want. You do too. Should you be captured, heaven forbid, you were not with me, Papa would begin to look for you. I need to be sure Abby has one to."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 am 

It still didn't feel right to be considered as part of the House of Lyons, and Jasper wasn't sure when, if ever, he would be able to accept that. He remembered his collar had had some sort of tracking device in it should he have ever escaped, and this reminded him of that. 

This was Kate though, and he had learned that she never did anything to harm anyone. This wouldn't be any different than that.

"A simple chain would be fine." He didn't want anything too fancy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 am 

Kate nodded, "I will take you to the jewelers and you may pick the chain you want. I am going to be very protective of you and your sister for a few months. You a bit longer not the rest of our lives as I am now. One day we will not have other watching over us. We will be on our own. When that comes you will be ready. Jasper, things will get easier. Everything is new and confusing. Did you have stories with a moral told to as a child?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 pm 

Jasper found it odd that someone was being protective of him, usually it was the other way around with him acting as protection. He listened to Kate in silence, not wanting to say that he had already survived on his own, he had had to learn fast. 

When Kate asked about stories when he was a child he paused. Nothing came to mind, so he looked to Abigail for help. She remembered more than he did and would hopefully know something.

Abigail caught Jasper's look and took a moment to think.

"Dad told a few when he was allowed to be with us. I don't really remember them though." She admitted. 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 pm 

Kate shrugged, "Is not important. Abby, have you found clothes you were looking for? Mrs. Snead is very good with custom creations. You will be living with me and having better fabrics is expected. Plan to have some wool, satin, lace, fine cotton, and your formal can be taffeta, part silk, and have embroidery."
Jasper, would you like anything out of stag hide or fine leather? I never showed you a brocade vest. Would you like a couple of outfits that complement your sister's?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:15 pm 

Abigail nodded, she had picked out a few things that matched her tastes. Grinning she turned to Mrs. Snead. 

"Better than Christmas." She laughed. Hearing what Kate was saying she huffed quietly, not wanting to be bothered with all the fancy stuff. 

Still having a hard time with expressing what he wanted, and even with the idea of being allowed to have things Jasper didn't immedietly answer Kate.

He liked the leathers and hide but didn't want to be a bother or have money wasted on him. Abigail noticed his hesitation and had to admire Kate's patience. She would admit that hers was very short to the point of non-existent at times, which could get her into trouble if she wasn't careful.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 pm 

Kate noticed that Abby was not the least bit interested in a dress. Jasper, excuse me a moment. I need to speak to your sister and I do not think she will like what I say. It has to be said."
Kate stood in front of Abby and motioned her away from Jasper and Mrs. Snead. "I need to explain this and you are not going to like it. Here it how things are, "You agree you want to stay. My father is Lord of the shire and adviser to King Atrius. There are times the family and household members have to, not choose to, are required, to visit several times a year the King’s palace. I am asking politely that you have a formal dress and all the underpinnings. I wish I could tell you, you would be allowed to stay behind. There are times that you will be asked to wear a dress. I know you like doeskin. Would you consider a formal tribal dress nothing too revealing? You walk around the soldiers’ attraction their attention would not be good. Papa, he is a bit stern on what is and is not acceptable. Abby, please stay on good terms with him. Sara is nearly 14 and she pushes Papa to the limit. A little cleavage showing at the ball but all dresses have to be shoe length or longer. At the king’s palace, any dress above the ankles is taboo. Do not ask why our customs are that way because I have no idea."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 am 

Jasper's ears lowered a little at what Kate said. He hoped Abi wasn't in trouble and did his best to ignore what Kate was telling her even though he could hear perfectly. 

Abigail wasn't pleased with what was said. Going from being independent, and as the mages would say, "savage", to being treated like a little girl was not sitting well with her. She made no promises about anything, not wanting to be trapped by her own words should something go wrong. 

When Kate finished, Abigail crossed her arms and kept her eyes on the floor. Why did she have to follow these rules? She wasn't part of the household, not a slave to be told what to do. 

Jasper looked from his sister to Kate, hoping neither one was going to get angry at the other. Hadn't there been enough yelling the night before?

Hearing the sound of the door to the store opening, Jasper glanced in the direction, ears picking up on the sound of boots. It was when the person spoke that Jasper turned in their direction, taking a few steps so he was more or less in front of Kate and Abi just as Marcus turned the corner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:25 am 

Kate knew Abby would feel offended. She had to warn her. She averted her gaze to Jasper's sudden movement, she was about to speak, she saw the black-headed young man that irritated her. She saw Jasper ball his fists and tense. Kate touched the small of Jasper's back, "He's not worth a second glance. Let's have these delivered to the manor." Kate whispered turning her head slightly toward Abby, "Abby, pick out a cloak, a pair of gloves, and hair ornament. We need to hurry and avoid this man."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 am 

Jasper felt Kate's touch but kept his attention on Marcus. Abigail, hearing what Kate said, glanced quickly at the man before picking out the things she had listed. 

Marcus, of course, had to notice the other occupants. 

"Well, well, if it isn't the lovely Miss Kate and her damn cat." He glared at Jasper who returned the look, baring his fangs at the man.

"Come now, can't a man shop without being harassed?" Marcus took half a step to the side, letting his eyes roam over the displays until they fell on Abigail. "And who would this be?" Before Jasper could act, Marcus was gripping Abigail's hand, bringing it to his lips. What he wasn't expecting was the slap that soon followed.

"Don't touch me!" Abigail almost snarled, stepping back from the man. Jasper took this as an opportunity to step in. His hand gripped Marcus' throat, his nails digging into the skin as the man tried to get away.

"Kate! Kate, damn it! Get him off me!" There was an ounce of fear in Marcus' voice as he tried to avoid eye contact with Jasper. Abigail moved to stand next to Kate, a little frightened as she had never seen this side of her brother before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 am 

Kate stepped up to Marcus, "What? Can't take your own medicine. Jasper, he's not anyone kitty. Lease of all yours. Now, here is what you going to. Quit intimidating every new young man that you think is inferior to you. You will take that silly notion I am the least bit interested of marrying you out of your head, and you will quit stalking me like I am prey. And I see you with in 10 feet of my friends. You are going to wish you never got out of bed. You never came in here and we did not see you. Now get!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 am 

Jasper released Marcus who stumbled back a few steps clutching his throat. When he pulled his hand away he noticed the blood and angrily looked to Jasper. When he made no sign of leaving Jasper growled and took half a step towards him. Turning and leaving with some grumbling, Marcus let the door slam behind him. 

Remaining tense, Jasper remained facing towards the door, his tail flicking angrily behind him.

"I'm assuming you've met before." Abi said, watching her brother carefully and noticing the blood on his nails.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:44 am 

Kate watched as Marcus left the shop and held Jasper's waist and relaxed the tension of disgust and anger, "Unfortunately yes. I have known that horrid young man for many years. He thinks it is his right to pester me and want to marry me. He is the last person I ever want to be with. I loath his. He tried to pick a fight with Jasper and Marcus's father sent him away. I hated that of all the people to meet it was him. He got his just desserts. Do not feel bad for him, you did the right thing. I hope you scared him and he will respect you drawing blood. Well done. I am proud of you. You can hold your disgust and reserve your temper. My brother could learn from you. He just goes off half cocked when angered. Come on. How are you two holding up? Do you want to go home or continue shopping?"

Kate walked up to Mrs. Snead, "Please have the extra items sent to the manor and the rest was in audiable."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 am 

Feeling Kate's hand on his waist, Jasper eased some of his tension and turned to face her. He was ready to apologize to her, she had told him not to bother with that man but his instincts had taken over, to a lesser extent than they had been trained. Hearing what Kate said he stopped. He was surprised himself that he had been able to control himself as well as he had. In his years as a pit fighter anger was often used to get the fighters focused on nothing but bloodshed, it was instinct to kill.

"I'm good to go as long as you are." Abigail answered. She was actually enjoying herself, and so long as nothing like what had just happened occurred again she'd be fine.

Jasper would go where he was needed. He wanted Abi to enjoy herself, even if he wasn't.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:31 am 

Kate turned to the siblings and led them to the bakery. The smell of pies, cakes, and fruit permeated the walk two buildings down. "This is my favorite place. Would you both like some hot chocolate?" Jasper you may have free samples from the counter. Get as many pastries and sweets and you want. Be sure you have some for now and one for tonight and another for tomorrow. Hold out you hand 6 copper coins gets you three pastries. Five silvers gets us a whole cake or pie. You can't make a mistake in here. You may keep the change."
Kate handed 10 silver coins to Abby. "Get what you like. I am giving Jasper less because he is learning how money works. I do not want to overwhelm him."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:58 am 

Abigail had a sweet tooth and being surrounded by the smells of so many treats was enough to make her mouth water. She knew if the scents were strong for her they would be twice as strong for Jasper's enhanced senses. When Kate gave her the coins she couldn't wait to use them on any one of the pastries she could see, just waiting for someone to but them.

Jasper was nearly overwhelmed by the scents, the air thick with sugary goodness. He listened to Kate's instructions and carefully held onto the coins she gave him. Taking this opportunity to watch others in the bakery, he noted what they did. He spotted Abigail and overheard her bartering with a baker. She just had to make things more difficult. Shaking his head at his sister, Jasper scanned the counters and trays lined with all sorts of sweets before settling on some sort of pastries with a sweet, but slightly spicy scent. Recalling what he had observed, he succeeded in purchasing a few without making a fool of himself. 

When he turned to find Kate, he couldn't help but notice a boy, not much younger than himself, sitting against the outside wall of the bakery. Snowflakes had gathered in his nearly white-blonde hair and from what Jasper could see, he didn't look as though he was wearing particularly warm clothing. Spotting Kate, Jasper returned to her, glancing back at the boy from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:09 am 

Kate ordered three hot chocolates, artisan bread loaf and three pastries. She tasted a square of chocolate raspberry cake. She had the baker bring the items to the table. When Kate sat down she saw Jasper looking out the window. "Would you like to treat the boy? I wonder who he is?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:16 am 

Abigail happily dropped into a seat at the table, a bag of goodies clutched in her hand. She thought it was a good haul, and most of it she hadn't paid full price for. She heard Kate speaking to Jasper and followed her brother's gaze to the boy, also wondering who he was.

Jasper quickly turned away from the window and faced Kate, giving her a small apologetic smile. When he registered what Kate had asked he nodded, looking once more over his shoulder. Something about the boy was familiar but he couldn't figure out why.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next