All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"Abigail, I know what your thinking this is my fault. He is like this because his mind, heart, and soul, are healing. He is happy your here. Please understand he was a slave and unable to ask for his wants. This is hard for him. I have to undo years of what was beat into him. I cannot treat him as a slave and force him to satisfied my needs. He has to be given choices and be able to ask for his wants without being beaten. His mind is damaged and he needs love. Never leave him alone. You take him away will you be able to take is nightmares? I plead do not take him away. I beg you. He is crying because he had bad memories and I am trying to give him good ones. That is why I went in search of you. I want what I feel is best for him. I am not hurting him. His mistress and master hurt him enough. You take him from me will kill me." Tears swell in her eyes. "I love him. The last thing I want to is hurt him."

Kate held him tightly.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper was caught at a crossroad. Before him stood his older sister, angry as hell and spitting fire at Kate. He wanted to calm her, to ensure her that Kate had done nothing to hurt him, in fact, the opposite was true. She had gone out of her way to help him. And beside him, Kate was in tears. He glanced quickly between the two, wanting to console each of them but not knowing how without further upsetting the other.

As Kate finished Jasper could see how much pain this was causing her. It wasn't right. Standing so he was taller than Abigail, he turned his attention to her, placing himself between her and Kate. 

Abigail tried to get around her brother but couldn't. Finally she ended up trying to physically shove him aside. 

"Abi stop." Jasper said, hoping he sounded more confident then he felt. When he had her attention he continued. "Kate has done no wrong here, why can't you see that?" He pleaded with her. He honestly couldn't understand why she thought Kate had hurt him.

"She's blinded you! Can't you see?" Abigail motioned towards Kate. "She wants you to feel pity for her." Jasper felt as though he had been slapped. He knew this wasn't true, he trusted Kate. She had done so much for him when she didn't have to. He could feel the tears staining his face once more.

"Why won't you believe me?" He asked her, trying to find something in her expression that wasn't anger. 

A few seconds ticked by but felt more like hours before Abigail spoke.

"You've changed Jasper. You're not the same anymore." With that, the winged woman turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her. Jasper stood frozen in place. When he heard the sounds of his sister's sobs coming from the next room he fell to his knees, hearing the audible crack of hitting the floor but feeling nothing. What had he done. 

Turning so he was facing Kate, sitting at her feet, Jasper kept his head down.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He said, barely above a whisper. He wasn't sure who he was apologizing to. Abigail? Kate? Himself? He was the reason any of this was happening. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:14 am 

Kate shook her head and smoothed his hair, "Go to her tell her the horrors of your life. She will understand and tell what I have done for you. I know will be the hardest thing. Do not let her go. You stood up Jasper. You found your voice. This is a good thing. Go to her. I can understand her anger. She does not understand because my kind was cruel to her. I cannot undo what the mages did to her. I am not like them. You know that. Tell her a few stories. Let her get angry as I did when I found you."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 am 

Jasper leaned into the touch, seeking comfort in it. He didn't want to leave Kate's side but knew he had to. Remaining where he was for a few more moments, he soon stood shakily and with one last look to Kate slipped out into the hallway.

He quietly padded to the door where he could hear Abigail, and cautiously opened the door.

"I don't want your healing or your trust. Just leave me alone." Abigail said from where she sat on the edge of the bed facing away from the door. Jasper remained silent as he moved to sit next to her and rest his chin on her shoulder.

"Jaspy, what are you doing here?" She asked, reaching back to scratch his scalp. "Shouldn't you be with your mistress?" Choosing to ignore what she had said, Jasper carefully wrapped one arm around Abigail.

"I'm worried about you." He managed to say, feeling her relax against him.

"Shouldn't it be me worrying about you?" Abigail asked with a small laugh. Turning from her seat she hugged her brother. "I did miss you, and you have changed." She pulled back to look up at him. When he didn't say anything she continued.

"From what you told me, about what happened to you, I know Kate's helped you a lot. I guess I just can't let someone else look after you when I already failed." Abigail sighed. "I'm sorry Jasp. You've already been through enough. Why don't we at least try to get some sleep?"

It took a little coaxing, but eventually Abigail managed to get Jasper to lie down, allowing her to wrap her arms around him and place her chin on his head. This was how it should have been. She thought, feeling Jasper relax somewhat as he fell asleep.

"Goodnight Jasper." She whispered, kissing the top of his head before drifting off herself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 am 

Kate knew they needed to be together and cracked the door. She felt a bit empty with him not being with her. She waited and changed to her fox form and silently padded across the hall. She leaped, following Jasper's spicy scent. At Jasper's side, she licked his hand and snuggled up to him. Kate covered his chest with her bushy tail and placed her head on his shoulder. *I am here just in case. I love you.*

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 am 

Jasper was caught in a nightmare. He was ten years old again and trying to fight off an opponent three times his size with spear and net. Dodging the spear, he felt it slice through his arm and immedietly clamped a hand on the wound in hopes of slowing the bleeding. Glancing up at the man he could see Lord Draco watching, looking impatient as ever as the battle went on. 

Ducking under the net and narrowly escaping capture, Jasper found himself in pinned down. Turning on his back he tried to pull the spear from where it had snagged his ragged trousers just as his opponent leered over him. Picking the young boy up was no challenge to the man and he took no time at all to break him. He could see Lord Draco shaking his head in disappointment.

Just as the final blow rained down, Jasper found himself in a new dream. This time he was being held back by a guard as Abigail was dragged away. He struggled to get free, to get to her but nothing worked. He watched as Abi was locked up, disappointment on her face as he failed to help her.

The dream changed once more. This time he was in the town and could see Kate standing over him. At her side stood Marcus, proud as ever with his sword in hand. Kate had tears in her eyes and Jasper knew he had failed her too. Marcus pulled her away and the dream ended as Jasper woke. He was momentarily lost as these were new surroundings but soon everything came back and he felt something soft over his chest. Looking down he followed the tail to the fox next to him. Kate hadn't abandoned him. He hadn't failed her. 

He couldn't fall back asleep, and couldn't move without waking or jostling either his sister or Kate so Jasper lay still, focused on the ceiling overhead as he tried to settle down once more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:16 am 

Kate felt his hand move over body move she lifted her head and licked his chin then tasted fear. She creeped toward the headboard and licked his cheek and nuzzled it with her furry, whiskered cheek in the dark. She hugged his chest with her tail. *Jasper, it has been a long time I was petted. That felt good. Are you alright?* She moved paw over his nose then up to his forehead. *What do you want in your dream?*

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:22 am 

Immediately Jasper wanted to apologize for waking Kate. He waited until she had finished moving before doing anything. 

*Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you.* He felt her paw on his forehead and considered the question.

*None preferably.* He just wanted a night of rest with no nightmares, but after years of suffering from them they weren't going to go away quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 am 

Kate sent him a dream of her mage guild garden and her day dream of soaring on the back of a dragon over her town and skimming the 500 acre lake and over the forest. She woke up at daylight and leaped from the bed and quietly snuck into her room. She morphed into her human form as she sipped under her covers. Kate slept a few hours and did not wake up until 8:00 am. She got up slipped into her mage robe and began to fix breakfast. The night before she would not let bother her. She would not bring it up. She fixed tea, sliced lemons, pancakes, sausage and hashbrowns with fresh squeezed orange juice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm 

Jasper woke before Abigail, noticing the lack of a certain fox next to him. Carefully as to not wake his sister up he slipped from the bed and made it to the door with hardly a sound. As soon as he closed the door behind him he could smell food cooking and followed the scent to where Kate was busy fixing up breakfast.

Coming up behind her, he gently nuzzled her shoulder as a way of greeting her. He hoped she wasn't still upset about last night. He would do anything he could to help her, it was the least he could do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 pm 

Kate flipped the last pancake onto a plate of stacked pancakes, she snuggled next to him, then kissed his cheek, "Good morning. What would you like to drink? I hope pancakes are alright? I have orange tea made. Help yourself. Orange juice and milk are in the ice box. I am very proud of you, Jasper. You asked for something and I want you to do it three time or more a day. Please look at me and place my hands in your firmly. Reassured I cannot hurt you. Repeat after me, Kate may I have tea, orange juice, pancakes and a hug and kiss."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 pm 

Jasper sighed contently at the snuggle, feeling a blush form when she kissed him. He eyed what she had made already, having no complaints about anything. He had grown up use to getting whatever the guards gave him, being picky wasn't something he was. 

When Kate told him she wanted him to start asking for more things he paused. Doing as she asked he looked her in the eyes, nervousness evident in his expression. He bit his lip when she asked him to repeat what she had said.

"Kate may I...may I have tea, orange juice, pancakes and..." Here he froze, struggling to finish the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 pm 

Kate nodded and looked at his eyes, "Jasper, it is custom to ask those you love for for hugs and affection. I like your hugs. May I have a hug and kiss from you. Anytime you want a hug you can give me one? I will give you hugs lots of them. My touch will never hurt you. Kisses are good too."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:12 pm 

Jasper dropped his gaze, sorry for not being able to follow such a simple instruction. He heard Kate's request but hesitated before making any movements. Carefully he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a close hug.

This felt safe. If he didn't overthink it he could believe everything was okay. 

Abigail stirred in her sleep, rolling onto her side and opening her eyes when she found she was alone. Sitting up, she looked around the room, last night coming back to her. 

Approaching the door she quietly left the room and made her way down the hall to where she assumed she would find Jasper and Kate. Pausing in the doorway she took in the scene before her. Jasper looked perfectly content, the calmest she had seen him since they had been reunited. She remained quiet, not wanting to disturb the two.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 pm 

Kate embraced him and glided her hand over his hair. "You going to make it. Believe you can and I will guide you toward freedom. You get to start over everyday. Jasper, your not the same man you were. You can change. You got to want to break the chains that hold you back. Your making progress. Think it as this you need break each link at a time. The process is as fast or as slow as you want. You sister and I are merely guides."
There she is. Go give her a hug. Tell her you need her to stay. Let her know what you feel. You inside feelings need to be expressed. I know this hard. She has to understand why it is hard. Find your voice. Fight against your captivity. Fight for you sister to stay here. She is worth it."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 pm 

He wanted to do as Kate was saying, to break these chains that held him back. He knew it wasn't healthy to hold onto these bad memories and experiences but they were what had formed him for most of his life. 

Jasper heard Abigail approach, his ears pricking up at the faint sounds of her footsteps. Releasing his hold on Kate, he turned to face his sister. Slowly he stepped towards her, watching her face for any changes of expression, that she didn't want him near her. When he stood in front of her, he waited. 

"Morning Jaspy." Abigail said, closing the distance between them and pulling him against her. She ruffled his hair and laughed when he pulled back, giving her a typical younger sibling look. Holding him at her side, Abigail knew he was capable of pulling away if he wanted to. She looked to Kate next.

"Good morning Kate." It was warmer than the previous day, but still cautious. "Did you sleep well?" 

She felt Jasper squirm next to her and tightened her hold, earning a huff from him. 

"And what's you're problem? Can't sit still?" She teased Jasper, letting him go and watching as he straightened his shirt and swiped his hair from his face. Abigail, in a childish manner stuck her tongue out at him before turning away with a laugh. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 am 

Kate answered her with a giggle, "I did sleep well. Did you? I made pancakes and would you like sausage and hash browns. Help yourself to tea, orange juice and milk. I left you a jar of oil. Jasper can help apply it. The two of you need time together. If you make me a list, I will go shopping for you. Jasper is wonderful company. He is easy to please."
I

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 am 

Jasper couldn't help but smile. It seemed both Abigail and Kate were in much better moods than the last time they had interacted. He watched Abigail look over the food before doing just as Kate had said. Making up some tea, Abigail leaned against the counter, holding the cup in her hands.

"You're not going to make me wear some frilly dress are you?" She asked, glancing to Jasper as she spoke. "And I don't want to hear anything from you mister." Even as a kid Abigail had avoided wearing traditional "feminine clothing", and Jasper knew this. 

"Kate, you won't be going alone will you?" Jasper asked. He had sworn to protect her and he recalled a certain knight who was always trying to get to her. Abigail could sense the concern and looked between Jasper and Kate, wondering what the problem was. Kate probably had a league of guards to protect her, no one would get within a mile of her without them knowing. 

She had a suspicion that things weren't quite so simple between her brother and the mage but didn't want to bring it up just yet, not with Jasper within hearing range anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 am 

Kate looked at Abigail not wanting to begin another argument, "You are capable of choosing your own clothes. I would suggest living in the manor but you might be happier here in town. At the manor my father has rules. A lady has to dress like one. I get around it by dressing in mage robes. My younger sister, Sara, she is a battle mage and like you, is not native to these parts. She lives in the manor and for formal occasions wears a dress. Otherwise she is in riding attire, furs, has feathers in her hair. I am sure Mrs. Snead can make you something of a cross between a warrior and a lady. There are so many choices of styles. It is not customary for a female to have a sword in town. There are exceptions. Just as Jasper can wear a kilt and pink. He might get attacked and called a sissy. Usually anyone carrying a live blade is left alone."
Kate got a plate and added food, "I have gone into town alone. You did make a promise. Abigail you want to go shopping? I will not let you get worn out. We will stick to three places, the Sneads clothes shop, the cobblers, and the bakery. We can have lunch here."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:00 am 

Abigail wasn't keen on the whole dressing like a lady, though it was interesting that Kate's sister got away with what she did. Listening to the woman speak, Abigail sipped her tea, thinking of what it would be like being able to choose her own attire for once. Something she actually wanted rather than given with no choice. Unlike Jasper she had no problems with asking for what she wanted. 

She didn't think it was fair that she couldn't have a weapon with her. She felt she was capable of defending herself and could have shown anyone otherwise, though she had had no formal training with any form of weaponry. It couldn't be that hard, could it? At the mention of Jasper wearing pink or a kilt Abigail couldn't help but laugh. Jasper on the other hand was blushing and avoiding eye contact with either of them. 

The idea of shopping was appealing to her.

"I don't see why not." Abigail commented, noticing her brother's reaction raised questions which she kept to herself. "Hey Jasp, why don't you go grab that oil for me." Jasper met Abigail's eyes, and looked once to Kate before slipping from the room.

Once alone, Abigail turned to Kate, keeping her voice low as to not be overheard.

"What's the deal with you two?" She asked bluntly, not sugar coating anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 33  Next