All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:20 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate had fallen asleep and forgot about her egg. She was happy Jacques floated the eggs to the bed. She checked on the hatching with the egg shell like a hat. It looked at her with lizard like eyes and shreeked at her and chirped several times in a row. Kate got up, opened the armoir and tied a leather bracer around her right arm. She sat back on the bed and held her arm our to the baby's talons. "Hello. Little one, I've been waiting for you. You had a long night. Hungry?"
Kate held the baby dragon to her chest and caressed it to her chest. She got up and saw Jacques was up. "Good morning. Ann will be here soon with your breakfast. Make yourself at home. If Papa lets you stay, there are rooms upstairs. This is the guest room. I will be back after I get this one fed. How are you feeling?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

*momma? you momma? hungry momma* the little dragon mentally spoke as she was caressed.

"Thanks. I'll be needing to see my solicitor. I want to get a small apartment somewhere I can have my dragons with me. Perhaps your father could see me after breakfast.* Jacques walked to the one chest and found a glass egg.

"I do not have any money on me but please take this glass egg for a partial payment and I'll pay you more when I get some more money."
Jacques spoke as he held the egg out to Lady Kate.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:53 pm 

Kate took the ruby glass egg from his hand carefully, "It's is lovely. I will hold this for you. Please stay here. We can have fun together least until the Winterfest holiday is over. You will not be knighted as you planned because King Atrius claimed the pass is closed. This time will not come back for another year. You have not had a holiday in a long time. This will allow us to know each other. I have not met anyone from the Draco family. I can help change your family's reputation. Sorry, your Uncle has ruined any chance for you to have friends in these parts. I can change their attitudes. I am King Atrius's Goddaughter. I can help you gain allies and not enemy's. Besides I would like a fellow mage as my champion and personal guard. Think about it as you do not have to accept right away. I graduate in the Spring and will attend the Mage college in Seville, the King's summer palace is there."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:08 pm 

"It is hard to think of it being Winter Fest already. Perhaps next year I will be able to be knighted. Perhaps there is enough money for a class at the mage school. But what? I'll have to think on that for a bit. Perhaps something with geography.
As far as friends, I have none and don't expect to gain any. If I do gain any friends, it will be because of you.
Why would you want a Draco for a champion and guard? Will your father accept me? I rather doubt it because of that fiend Lord Standish Draco.
Perhaps your father might need an extra hand. I should meet him. I must show him my gratitude. But first I need to shave and get cleaned up. I must look like a heathen." Jacques spoke thoughtfully.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:35 pm 

Kate smiled, "You will feel like new man soon. You do not know? The mage guild pays for those who show aptitude and skill. King Atrius performs knighting ceremonies in the Spring. I will be sure you have a mage guild sponsor. No friends. Your going like mine and we will bring back you childhood. I promise. It is YOU everyone will come to know and not your family name. Papa is a firm but fair man and he will give you a chance. Earn his trust and be yourself he will be your friend for life. The privy is through that door opposite the front door. Do you know how to run indoor water? There is a tub and toiletries. I can trim your hair. In these part most male mages wear their hair shoulder length and tied back or lose. You will find a toothbrush and toiletries by the sink. Pull the cord by you bed if you need anything. I want you to rest today. Tonight you may speak to Papa after dinner. I will be back. Leave your clothes. There are mage robes in the armoir."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 pm 

"Thank you Lady Kate. I can run the indoor water so I shall be fine. Thank you for your kind assistance." Jacques spoke and gave her a small bow.
He went to the bathroom and began to run the water for a bath. He was delighted to sit in a tub of hot water for a bit. He soon fell asleep while resting in the tub.

Meanwhile a delivery boy came to the door and knocked.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 pm 

Kate hurries to feed the baby dragon that was biting at her dress and making squawks at the top her lungs. "Ok. You waiting long enough. I am getting food." Once in the kitchen, she shredded partially cooked chicken and boar meat. She added chopped vegetables and apples. The placed the food on a plate and sat at a farmer's table. She placed the baby dragon on the table and hand fed her. She wanted the baby to be as tame as possible and never fear her. "I need to name you. Can you speak common yet?"
While Kate rushed downstairs there was a rap on the door knocker. The door was opened by a man dressed in tails and black silk pants, "Hello."
Ann knocked on Jacques door and barely opened it, "Hello Dear, may I come in?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:40 pm 

*I can talk but I am hungry.* the little dragon mind spoke.

"I have 5 trunks for a Mage by the name of Jacques Draco. Will you accept them" the man said.

Jacques was startled out of his dozing by a knock and a voice. He began to scrub the layers of dirt off of his skin before he he washed his hair.
"I am in the tub at the moment but you may place breakfast on the desk. I shall be out shortly. he spoke as loudly as he could due to the dry throat.
He quickly washed his hair and then got out.

There were many Mage robes and he chose one that matched his favorite colors. He would need to get his own clothes out of storage as well as his weapons.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:58 pm 

Kate was happy the baby mind spoke, "What can you tell me about you? I know a little draconian and how to care and feed you. I am Mage Kate. Please call me Kate or Katie. I will not treat you as a pet. One day I will take to the dragon lands. This place is the home of your ancestors and when you can swim and hold your breath underwater for 15 minutes. I will take to a special place under the 500 acre lake."
Ann entered, "I am just setting your breakfast on the dresser and do you need anything else?"
Vincent allowed the man to enter and helped him with the trunks. "What are these for?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm 

*I'm the baby. I'm hungry.* the little dragon ate while speaking.

"No thank you, Ann. I am nearly done." Jacques spoke as he slowly got out of the tub. He gave himself a good drying and then put the towel around his waist. He began to shave himself. He was becoming tired and he sat down on the toilet for a bit.

"I am told to bring them from the storage by his solicitor, a Mr Markum. I would think that these are his clothes or personal possessions. Also there is one small chest of value. I shall get it for you." the man spoke quickly and moved quickly.
"Mr, Markum would like for someone to sign for these items." he spoke as he brought the chest in. The chest was quite large and pretty heavy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:41 pm 

Lyons heard the voices as he sauntered from the dining room in the back of the main hall. "What is all this? Who is moving in?"
Kate was happy her little baby was talking to her, "You are a beautiful baby. This is chicken and I have carrot and potatoes, this red round fruit is an apple. You pieces are cut. The apple is sweet. You may have water with lemon juice. I will give you sweet bread for a treat. Your so pretty. I will give you a necklace. What color do you like?"
Ann left the young man with his breakfast request with hot tea and a peppermint stick. Kate says peppermint will settle your stomach. How nice you look Dear. You look human."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:54 pm 

"I have been told that Mage Jacques Draco is here and his solicited, Mr Markum, has sent me to bring all of his trunks to this address. There is a chest too. He wants this piece of paper signed by someone of authority or Mage Jacques Draco himself." the man spoke in a tired voice.

*Yummy food. What kind of dragons are there?* the little dragon asked.

"Thank you, Ann. Yes, peppermint does help the stomach. The breakfast looks great, Thank you for breakfast." Jacques spoke.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm 

Ann patted his back, "Your welcome Dear and call me if you need me." Ann exited his room and saw the delivery man and three trunks. I believe the man you want is in here. He just arrived last night." She scurried to the kitchen and noticed Peel returning from the stables. When he entered she spoke briefly to him and he helped catty the trunks to the guest room.

Kate pet her little dragons head,back, and wings as she ate the morsels Kate fed her. You will always have yummy food. You do not eat bugs and worms. Right now you are the only one, you will have other join you soon as they hatch. I will need you help to me teach about them. I would like to know your name if you have one."

Lyons joined them as he emerged from his study, "Who is this Mr. Markum?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm 

"He is Mage Jacques Draco's solicitor, sir. Mage Jacques lives in the Kingdom of Yoria. Please sir, I would like to make it part way home if I may. " the man asked as he was starting to get impatient.

*You got any books? Maybe I am in it. I have no name.* the little dragon spoke.

Jacques was dressed and eating his breakfast and was very glad that he asked for toast. He was eating very slowly. He could hear something about him but it was not very clear. He stood up and walked to the front area where everyone were. He had to hold onto various things to be able to get to there.

"I do believe that these are my trunks. I thank you for bringing them to me. Could someone get my back pack for me so I can give this man a tip, please." Sean asked as he leaned against the wall.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm 

Lyons reached into his pocket and handed the man four silver coins, "Please see to it. this man gets lodging at the Boar Tusk Inn, non sense weather is too bad to travel. I am sorry delays. Heidi will set you up."
He strides to the young man and steady's him, "Come to my study. I want to talk to you. I am sure your under her orders. I need to make sure your being here is not putting me or my family in danger. Tell me from the beginning what kind of upbringing you had."
The lord supported him and lead him to a sofa in his study. The sofa was in front of a roaring fireplace. Lyons sat in a winged back chair beside him.
Kate took a look at her baby, "I shall name you Reginia Rexus. I will call you Alyxia Lyons. Alya for short. You will be treated as a royal dragon. All dragons will bow before you. The only person you bow to is King Atrius. I ask that you lower your head to my father. He is lord of the shire. You obey him for the rest of his life. I expect you to mind me until you reach 18 years old. Then you may question what I ask of you. I do know your highly intelligent and know more about dragons than I do. I will not allow you to put yourself in danger or allow you to engage in a fight you molt three times or are as big as a dire fox. I know there are time others will make mistakes and because your a baby no one but me will understand. I will do my best to see that you are happy, have toys and are entertained. You want something ask do not take it. I know you like shiny things but taking something that does not belong to is stealing and anyone that steals gets caged. I do not want you caged. There are other rules and I write you a list as soon as you can read. I will teach you how to read common from my old books. Your talons are sharp as long as I an wearing leather you may hop or fly. I will take you outside so you may practice flying. Do not worry, your wings will get strong. Flap them often."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm 

Jacques nodded and spoke respectfully "Yes, sir. Thank you for your kind help."
Once they reached the study and sat down.

"What would you like to know about me, Lord Lyons besides the fact that I am a distant relative of that fiend, Lord Standish Draco. " he asked as he sat there staring into the fire.

"My father was afraid of heights so he lost the family home to that fiend. I'll not ever spoke well of him so please do not ask me to do so. My father was a knight of the Kingdom of Yoria. He had a small cottage well hidden in a forest. I lived there and I was taught by my mother. My father came when he could which was not often. But he always brought us many gifts from his travels. He was on the northern route and was gone often. He brought home all of his money and gave it to mother who hid it.

I never knew my grandfather but he had a large plot of land which he lived on and raised dragons. He set up his older sons a large plot of land and some breeding stock. The daughters were given a large dowry and personal allowance for life. Father was to have the family home.

He was given until sundown that morning to collect all that he wanted and leave. He had several wagons full of furniture and personal belongings. Father had his 3 brothers and 2 of the brother in laws help him move. They ended up in a fight because each of them wanted what was in the cart that they were driving. Father was left with just one cart with his personal items.

Over the years the servants set out stuff when father went through the town. Father would take a small wagon of stuff to the cottage then brought the wagon back. I did not know this until father came down with an illness that both my father and mother died of. He never stayed at his own home again. It hurt way too much.

I had to sell most of it so that I could go to mage school. I am a mage of lore and of crafts. I just finished my Survivor's Testing where I went out with an instructor and learn how to live off the land. If there is any thing else you wish to know, just ask. " Jacques spoke quietly.

*I will remember all of that...I think.* Alya spoke as she looked up at Kate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:06 pm 

Lyons look at the young man as he spoke it had been years since he and the lads father were in battle. "Thank you Jacuqes I am sorry for your loss. I met your father years ago and was with him when he found out he had you. He was so proud. Once asked if I would take you in should anything happen. I sent word trying to find you without your uncle knowing and it was too risky. I did not want to loose you to him. I thought it best to leave you under the protection of the mages until you were of age to decide for yourself. My offer stand, you may stay here or go live in the mage guild. I do not think it wise to live on your own. I have given shelter to many of your uncles former slaves. Kate will help you make friends. I can to your education is complete. You were on your survival training the last month before taking your vows. I do not mind you staying here. I am not fund of magic and ask you not to use it around me. I am sure Kate will enjoy having someone she can practice with. Do you know how to wield a blade?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 pm 

"Yes, I do sir. I practiced with my father when he was home and on my own. I took a special class during one summer. I am not the best but I have the knowledge of blade work." Jacques brighten up a bit.
"I have my father's blade plus several others. I doubt that they are usable since I have not used them in over a year. I'd like to get back into a good shape again. While I have always been on the thin side, I did have some muscles to show before I went on this Survivor's Testing. I hope to get into the service one day. I'd like to be good on horse and on dragon. In fact I have 3 dragons that I have collect from the dragon lairs during my training. One will be a riding dragon and 2 smaller dragons."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02 am 

Lyons expression went from calm to surprise, "You brought dragon eggs with you! I just gave Kate a dragon. I will see that you train as soon as Kate releases you from her care. It can all wait as Winterfest is upon us and my house give the first ball of the Festival. I hope you can dance Jacques. I could use your help in keeping Kate happy this winter. I have never seen her happy with anyone as she is with you. I never thought she make friends with anyone from House Draco. Would you be willing to escout her to dinners, dances, and the festival in town?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 am 

"Yes, I can dance. I was taught by my mother and I did my duty at the Mage Dances. So I am sure that I can keep Lady Kate happy with dancing and festivals but I will need to go shopping for new clothes. I am a bit out of style since it has been over a year since I have danced.

Where will the dragons be housed once they are too large to be inside? They do grow to be quite large and some breeds are larger than others. I honestly do not know what kind of a dragon egg I had. My teacher was a Dragon Master and he lured the mother away then I went into den to find an egg. It was a timed test. My dragon is estimated to hatch on the New Year.

The other two eggs are from two smaller breeds of dragons. They will be much smaller but they will be large enough to cause havoc if they were inside. I do not know what breeds they are." Jacques spoke quietly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next