All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

It was PapaWinter's night and the Lyons family was all gathered around the tree. Kate was shocked to see a gold wrapped package that was large and round. Kate had been warned not to shake it. The present bobbled in her hands as she unwrapped it. Kate tore off the wrapper and gaped at the sapphire blue and white sparkled egg. The mage turned to her father, look what Aunt Malora sent a large egg. "I know what this is. The have a dragon nurserey at school. Can I keep it. My very own dragon."
Lord Lyons was sitting across from Kate he sighed, "Yes Katie, you may keep it. That is going to be a lifetime commitment."
Kate sat the egg on the wrapper it began to quiver and rock back and forth. "What timing it's hatching. Come look."
The family gathered around the egg as Ann placed in gently in a wooden crate filled with quilt batting and two hand towels. She brought a large bowl of warm water and a small sponge. It will be a few hours. It will be hungry. I will prepare chicken bites and some fruit along with a small bowl of water. Katie it will be wet and cold. You can wrap it up in a small shawl with your scent. I will make it a bed from the cradle in the attic."
Johnathan left the room and rummaged in the attic for the cradle and play pin. He found a red ball, some stuffed animals, and wooden blocks. "You think these toys will do?"
Kate helped him, "The are perfect. Dragons are very intelligent and need thing to play with. I can read it stories Ann read to us about the dragon ancestors. It will be fun to take outside and play with. I forgot dragons like shiny things and a jingle bell, a crystal on a silver chain would be nice."
Ann added to the crib a medium size blue crystal ball.
Lyons added a gold pendent of a two headed fox. "It will belong to the House of Lyons."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 am 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

A young man was trudging behind his teacher. Sodden and weary of the harsh taskmaster, he learned long ago not to question his teacher. The one and only time that he did, he had night duty for 3 nights straight. Plus his heavy workload. Not again will he ever question this teacher. Once he got back to the shore, he had plans of leaving this teacher no matter what his solicitor says. In fact he was going to have a very long talk with his own solicitor.

In his mind this kind of training should be voluntary not forced. Walking through snow waist deep while his master was walking on top. This collar will be taken off and he will take a long rest somewhere warm. Like in a home which he would purchase with his findings. It had been ages since he had a full meal and his clothes were quite literally falling off of him. One other thing was bothering him. He was carrying a large chest of items that his teacher decided to retrieve. Items that he did know what they are. What he did know is that whatever it was, it was very heavy.

His teacher stopped and took a small silver bottle out. He measured out a bit and gave it to the young man with the word "Drink".
The drink burned his throat all the way down to his stomach and he started coughing, ending on his knees.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 pm 

Lord Lyons was curious as whom sent the egg. He got up from the parlor chair and looked at the wrapping. There was only a seal of his brother-in-laws house Lord Draco. The Lord was about to grab the egg and remove it when it began to crack and rock. Kate gentle placed it in the wooden box Ann brought for it to hatch in. Kate took the box into the guest room that was down the hall and next to her father's study. She knew the dragon had to see only her or risk it choosing another family member as its chosen "parent." Kate suspected foul play coming from her Aunt Malora. She knew it was a rare occurrence that Malora gave away any of her pets. Kate sat the hatching box on the floor beside her bed and waited for the creature to hatch. She could loud croaks as it called to her from the shell. "Come on little one. You are so close to being free."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:03 pm 

"Breathe while you drink that stuff. It is easier going down. You are now officially through the School of hard knocks. Down that path is where you will find your reward. " the master spoke as he pointed down a well worn path.

"I suppose that you will debrief me there about all of my mistakes and problems?" the student asked.

"Actually, you are on your own from here on. Here is your Manual Grimoire with my review in it and all of your scores as well as my comments. I will be traveling a different path." the master spoke as he click the collar off of the student. He disappeared as quick as the collar was off.

"And that is that. Might as well follow the path and see what lies at the end." the now graduated student spoke to no one as he held the Grimoire. He placed the grimoire in the back pack for safe keeping then looked at the trunk. He sighed as he picked up the trunk and trudged down the path to where ever and what ever laid at the end of the trail.

Once he was down the path and at the cabin where he was hoping for some food, a dragon was waiting for him.

"Come along, I don't have much time. Do you really need that trunk and that bag?" a gruff speaking man asked as he pointed.

"Yes I must have these as well. Don't I get anything to eat or any hot drink Either?" the ex student asked as the gruff man yanked the trunk away from him. "There are fragile items in that trunk you fool! I doubt that the dragon master will appreciate it being tossed about like that. And I have a full mind of reporting him to you." he spoke not only in protest but in anger.

"Get your lazy butt over here if you want a ride." the man spoke.
"No need to help me.I am fully capable to helping myself if you don't mind." the ex student levitated up and into the basket with his trunk.
He maneuver the trunk a bit so he could sit underneath it.

The gruff man shrugged his shoulders and looked at the man. He thought to himself that he would survive the flight to the main land.

A hour later, the gruff man plopped the man down on several trunks and left. The man was nearly frozen and blue from the thoughtless flight. He fell over and nearly went to sleep but a local farmer saw how the man was treated and gently loaded him up into his wagon as well as his 3 trunks. He covered the man with his own blanket then took the man to the one place he know would not turn the man out. He walked up to the door and knocked gently.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 pm 

The door was opened by a neat and polished butler wearing a back coat with tails, a white silk shirt, and black pants the man looked to be in his 60's and spoke refinely, "May I help you?" Singing could be heard in the parlor to the farmer's left. A lady stepped in the hallway dressed in a black dress with a white ruffled collar and full white apron. The main was huge with an alabaster and marble staircase on the farmer's left. The house hand a marble white floor foyer and wood paneling. The main hallway led to the back door was huge. The air permeated with gingerbread and hot apple cider.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 pm 

"Excuse me, sir but if the master could help a man out, it would be much appreciated. You see he was flown across the waters on a dragon with no flight protection. He is blue with cold. I know it is a holiday and all....." the farmer held his hat in hands in respect. He was an older farmer that came into town for more wood deliveries on that night.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:41 pm 

The man opened the door and quickly aided the farmer. The woman scurried to a room further into the main hall, " Oh, the poor Dear. This room please."
She lead him into a large bedroom filled with antique furniture. The bed was a four poster king size bed with heavily carved hunt scenes. Double doors were flanked by thick red velvet curtains. There was a roll top desk, armoir, changing screen and dresser. A door could be seen open to a private bathroom. Seeing the group being lead to the guest room, a man over 6'3 well dressed with silk Tunic and dark pants, he had fox ears and fox tail followed them into the room, "What is this?"
The woman turned down the bed. "Leave him with me. I will take care of him." She opened a dresser and took out extra blankets. She removed the young man's boots and covered him with blankets. Mage Kate is upstairs she will heal him."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:53 pm 

"My thanks to all of you and may you be blessed." spoke the farmer as he brought the last trunk inside.
"I hope that he will be fine soon. He is an ex student from the dragon master. I peeked in his back pack. It has a Grimoire with the Dragon Master's name in it. I must leave so that I can get home."

The man groaned slightly from being in the warm room and the pain of frost bite was severe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:12 pm 

Ann placed her right hand his right cheek and smoothed his bangs,"Kate is comming. You'll warm up soon. I will not leave your side."
The woman looked up to the men, "Someone get Kate. He is barely alive."
The well dressed fox man extended his hand to the farmer, "Thank you for bringing the lad. I am sure the mages will know why he is here." He called upstairs, "Katie, man's hurt and needs your help."
Kate hated to leave the dragon so she brought down the whelping box with her and placed the box on the open roll top desk. She rushed to sit next to the young man and saw his eyed roll back. "Not yet." She grabbed his ice cold hand and closed her eyes. She whispered, "Dici va la vida non corpus." She felt part of her energy seep into his hand slowly penetrating his body, slowly warning him.
Ann ordered a servant to get hot cider, tea, soup bread, and apple brandy.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:25 pm 

The egg rolled a bit then rested.

The man shivered hard once then he sighed deeply. The warmth soon spread throughout his body. He felt his life flowing back into his body and he was able to breathe easier. He flexed his fingers and toes then moved his legs and arms to see if they were able to move once more. He blinked his eyes a few times then looked about.

"Thank you very much, Healer. I was beginning to think that I would not be long for this world." he spoke quietly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:38 pm 

Kate smiled at him sat beside him in the bed while Ann removed a tray from the servant girl and gave Kate a bowl of soup, , "You very welcome. Save your strength. Are you hungry? Allow me to feed you. I am not a master mage yet. Please, may I know your name? My name is Lady Katheryn Lyons. I am a student mage. Please call me Kate. My friends do."
Lyons gave his respects to the farmer and entered the guest room, "Ah. I am happy to see your revived lad. Do not get up. I am Lord Lyons."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 pm 

"My name is Jacques Draco. I just finished my Survival Training and my eggs are in that one trunk! Please open the larger trunk and check my eggs for me. I hope that none are cracked. They need to be kept warm and turned. I will be raising them soon as they are hatched. Then I can enter the mage school as a proper student for dragon rider training." Jacques spoke in a worried voice as he looked for his belongings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:02 pm 

Lord Lyons looked at him suspiciously and called his butler, "You and Peel bring in the lad's trunk. Put the dragon eggs in the same box as Kate's egg. Look like it will hatch any time now."
The men carefully handled the trunk and gently placed the eggs in the whelping box. Kate's eggs was cracking and clear liquid seeped from it. Crockes from the dragon could be heard inside it.
Kate checked the eggs,"Your eggs are fine. You may tell me later about you and the eggs. You need to eat and get lots of rest. You need a holiday. I can feel your fatigued."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:18 pm 

"The large egg should hatch on the New Year's and the two smaller ones should hatch before that. Thank you for taking me in and saving my life and the lives of 3 dragons. One being a flying dragon and two that can be trained to hunt ores." Jacques ate slowly for he knew that not having much to eat for several months would make his stomach not accept much at this time.
"I hope to be enrolled after the holiday. I also need to contact my solicitor to let him know that I have returned. I was snowed in several times and could not travel but at least I know how to survive in the snow. Although I will need to buy some things to replace what I have ruined,"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:32 pm 

Kate fed him and listened to him, "Rest easy, I will send word to the mages and tell your family your are alright. I assume your related to Lord Standish Draco. My Aunt is Lady Malora. I am sorry to say. The are both known for their cruelty." I am sorry their reputation has but a black mark on your family. You are lucky our fathers are allies. King Atrius is my Godfather and I have heard your family has been raising dragons for centuries."
Kate hands Ann the near empty soup bowl and nods handing him a half a mug of apple brandy. "Drink it will help you sleep. I will stay with you. Do you have nightmares?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:49 pm 

"I have no family left. My parents died a few years back. My grandfather and those before him raised dragons but my father had a fear of heights. He raised horses which I had to sell. I have hopes to buy one of them back one day.
Unfortunately I am related to that fiend, Lord Standish Draco. But I will not have anything to do with him since he stole my father's birth rights. Lady Malora is almost as cruel and can be a trickster if she wants to be." Jacques spoke slightly bitterly.
"I do not have nightmares for I no longer dream. But I probably should drink this apple brandy. Thank you for all of your kindness, Lady Kate."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:06 am 

Kate held the mug for him then after he drank from it, she placed the cup on the night stand. She dimmed the lights with a wave of hand as Ann closed the curtain and removed the remaining food. She left the drinks, "Good Night Dear. It is good your here. Sleep in if you can. What do like with your eggs?"
Kate touched his cheek with the back of her hand, "Your thawing now and may have a fever. I will keep you from being miserable. You get too hot or cold let me know. I am sorry about your family. You may stay here and I will take you shopping in a few days do not worry, you can pay Papa back by working. There are lots of think to keep you busy. You are Welcome. I will stay with you tonight. Make sure you do not relapse. I want you to rest until Winterfest. Good Night Jacques. Sleep well." Kate patted his upper arm over the covers. I will let you talk more tomorrow, you need sleep and Ann's cooking."
She placed her busy red-brown tail with a white tip over his waist and hips.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:18 am 

"I like fried eggs and bacon with toast but I am not sure that I can eat like that right now. I ate very little during these last 3 months in the Survival camp. Perhaps some thin porridge would be better and maybe a slice of toast." Jacques spoke quietly as he closed his eyes.
Many questions formed in Jacque's mind as he slept. He moaned in his sleep as a fever came on. He didn't wake up at all due to the fever.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 am 

Ann shook her head as he drifted, "The poor Dear. He barely made it"
Kate nodded as she mind spoke to Ann, "He's going to be alright. He is needs a lot of sleep. They put knights through hell as they prepare for their vows of knighthood. He was not allowed to use mana for days. Something blocked his magic. He will regain his strength. I am going to miss taking care of him. As soon as Winterfest is over school will begin and if he is still here, Papa will put him to work. He has many good qualities. Papa, will not like him being a Draco. He will have to prove himself to Papa."
Kate took a deep breath, held his hand and closed her eyes as she leaned back on the headboard.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 am 

The night passed quietly for Jacques even though he had a light fever. He awoke early as he was accustomed to doing during his life time of work. Once awake, he was slightly disorientated until he saw the female sleeping nearby. Then he remembered what had happened and were he was. He pulled himself up in bed and levitated the eggs to the bed so that he could see them and check them over. They were fine and he was grateful for that small miracle.

It was then that he heard some noise of an egg being cracked open. A small chirping came from the box where his eggs once was. He smiled as he softly called
"Lady Kate, your egg needs attention. Perhaps you should check on it."