PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Read this first:
- Invitation only
- This will be a medium paced roleplay, in other words posting frequency will be at least once every two weeks (of course you can reply faster if you want).
- posting order: round based, so everyone will post once per round the order doesn't matter
- While this is based on a story that I once started to write but never ended, there is loads of room for you to do whatever you want.
- Questions are always welcome (also in PM if you want).
- Information will be added as soon as it is relevant.

Participants:
- Swordfighter -> ChroniclesOfGrim
- Mage -> Chemical Lady (GM)
- Healer -> Amara

Character Sheet:
| +
Name:
Personality:
Level:
Member of which guild(s):
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
History (if available):
Other stuff you want to mention:

Okay here is the general idea:
Do you know those classical rpg’s where a group of different people bound together, go on missions, and save the world. This may seem like that, but it is a little different. It takes place in a world that is different from ours. There are kingdoms, guilds, magic, swords, and lots of creatures.

In my posts, everything that doesn’t have to do with my IC post, like descriptions of places and stuff, in italics. You can take that as common knowledge or just as an objective description of what is happening. This may sound weird now but it will make sense in the rp.

The world (kingdoms and stuff)
| +
The world consists of three big kingdoms. The biggest is called the Kingdom of the Sun. When you look at the map (not provided) then to the left of the Kingdom of the Sun there is the Kingdom of the Stars which almost matches the Kingdom of the Sun in size. To the right there is the Kingdom of the Moon, the smallest of the three. Far up in the north there is one point at which all three lands meet. This point is unapproachable, although there is a legend about a lake at exactly that place. Each land is ruled by a royal family.

Kingdom of the Sun
| +

The Kingdom of the Sun is quite peaceful at the moment. Okay, there is a small dispute with the Kingdom of the Stars, and the Kingdom of the Moon refuses to meddle because they are on friendly basis with both the Kingdom of the Sun and the Kingdom of the Stars. But all of that is of no concern to the ordinary citizen. The kingdom is so big that all possible climates are present. But beware that the north doesn’t always mean cold and that the south doesn’t always mean warm, because it is not like our world afterall. The economy is stable as well, not very wealthy but not poor either.

Solar
| +
The capital of the Kingdom of the Sun is Solar. Solar is located in the middle of the land. In Solar there are the headquarters of all the guilds of the Kingdom of the Sun. A vast amount of inns, taverns, shops, etc in all price classes are also present of course. The city is very big. The royal palace is placed here as well as the biggest cathedral of the church.

Church of Light
| +
The major religion is the Church of Light, they mainly recruit priests, healers, mages, and holy knights, but overall they are pretty harmless and advocates of peace, they are also trying to calm down the small dispute with the Kingdom of the Stars.

Guilds
| +
The headquarters of all the guilds are located in Solar. To sign up or resign from a guild one must travel to the headquarters of said guild. Depending on the size of the guild it is possible for there to be branch offices thorough the land. Please refer to the ‘Guild’ heading for more information on guilds.

Sunshine Village
| +
Located about one day of horse travelling to the south of the capital.

Levels:
| +
There are various kinds of levels, which all have a different kind of rarity. Of course it is possible to raise the level. The higher the level of the person the more percentages of the rewards the person can demand. Here is the overview:
- Newbie, very rare because most people either give up immediately or raise their level relatively quickly.
- Beginner, common people get stuck here for a while often
- Apprentice, very common because most people get stuck here for most for a long time.
- Regular, very common because most people stay at this level for most of their career.
- Expert, a little bit rare compared to the other lower and medium levels.
- Master, quite rare but the most commonly found of the high levels.
- Grand Master, very rare not someone you usually encounter.
- Seraphim, highest level and super rare it is unknown if someone of this level currently exists.
Newbie, Beginner and Apprentice are seen as the lower levels. Regular and Expert are the medium levels. Master and above are the high levels. The differences between two levels varies depending on which levels it is about. For example the difference between Newbie and Beginner is pretty small while the difference between Expert and Master is quite big.

Missions:
| +
If you don’t have a job and need some gold then you go on missions. All missions go via the Adventure Guild, although you don’t have to be part of this guild to be able to do missions. Whether it is saving a princess or slaying a demon, kingdoms usually do not want even a little bit of dust on the shiny new armours of their armies, so those things are done by the adventurers of this world. Not all missions are given by a kingdom, private persons can also post up a mission via the Adventure Guild. There is no ranking for the missions. Some get high rewards for simple things while some very hard missions only get a small reward, the difficulty doesn’t get described in the mission either.

Forest of no return mission
| +
Since three months there have been mysterious disappearances near the village Sunshine, south of the capital. The victims were last seen when entering the Forest of no Return. The mission includes discovering the reason for those disappearances, solving that matter, and saving the victims if possible.
This mission has been given to the Adventure Guild by the mayor of the village Sunshine, consult him for more information.
Mission start: 2 days from now on.
Reward: 100 gold coins.
Conclusion: None yet

Guilds:
| +
There are a lot of different kinds of guilds. The Adventure Guild was already mentioned. There are also the Mage Guild, Swordfighter Guild, Archery Guild, etc. There is one for every occupation. The reason for that is that the guild decides the level of the person on said occupation. Only the Adventure Guild doesn’t do this. Each guild (with exception of the Adventure Guild) has ‘messengers’. They all look like relatively young boys, with the impression that they are much older then they look. In addition to that they all look identical except for their clothes which are usually the typical colour of their guild with a brooch with the emblem of the guild. These messengers have always been there and nobody really knows much about them except that they are always genuine (as in nobody can copy them). If you want to resign or sign up to a guild you have to go to the capital. Getting a higher level can also be done at the various branches. Guilds are ruled by a Guild Master, but meeting them is quite difficult. They are busy people.

Adventure Guild:
| +
The Adventure Guild has a big bulletin board hanging up with available missions. They have the most branches of all the guilds, they are practically everywhere.

Magic:
| +
Healing and support magic is completely different from all other types of magic and everyone can only be good at one of those: either healing/support or all other. Magic spells have level categories (small-moderate-advanced-ultimate). In addition to this there is also a factor of which kind of incantation is needed, this depends on the skill and practice of the caster. They can need the long incantation, a short one (only the name of the spell) or none at all. As for magic there is fortune telling, elemental magic, summoning, etc. The magic powers come from within the person themselves and can thus not be changed or given (although some churches claim that their god can take away those powers as a punishment, however this has not been proven). Magic of any kind is not influenced by day or night, and not by sun, moon or stars.

Spells
| +
A small list of spells that are a little special or unusual or very rare. Non-magic users mostly don't even know they exist.

Teleportation
| +
Teleportation is actually quite easy. Theoretically an apprentice mage could do this. The difficulty is getting the coordinates right. Just getting them a miniscule little bit wrong could bring disaster. Forget getting at the wrong destination. The teleported person could end up a few kilometres above the ground, in the middle of a tree, under water, etc. The Mage Guild has a grand library with an enormous amount of coordinates, and they keep a tight watch over this collection. Another interesting fact about this spell is that a teleportation circle needs to be drawn on the ground of the starting point of the journey. This circle also contains the coordinates of the starting point. Also the circle can not be used multiple times as it will disappear once it is used. All in all, teleportation is usually more effort and risk than that it is worth and not used much.

Magic bag
| +
A magically enhanced bag. Although seemingly simple, this spell is very difficult to master. The bag can hold more content than it looks like on the outside. The weight also stays the same no matter what is put inside. The strength of these two abilities depend on the skill of the mage. This is not an item that can be bought since selling and buying them is considered illegal. Only master mages and above are able to construct this type of bag.

Swordfighter:
| +
As the name says a swordfighter uses a sword to fight. Not to be confused with a knight. Knights are affiliated with a kingdom, while swordfighters are not. Swordfighter is a very common occupation, mostly by men. They don’t really have any magical abilities, if they do then it is usually of the healer/support type and never higher than the beginner level. Magical swords exist, however they are rarely seen. They are so sought after that anyone that carries one has to be prepared to be killed in their sleep because someone wants it. There are all kinds of qualities of swords, from passable to great. Swordfighters are good on attack and defence, but depending on the amount of armour speed may be impaired. A swordfighter is best at close range battle.

Healer:
| +
Healers can do all kinds of healing and support magic and potions. This is something that mages are very bad in. Even master mages can not go past beginner level at being a healer. This is because those two are completely different branches of magic. Healing magic and support magic usually go hand in hand. Support magic counts enhancing the own team (strength, speed, defence, etc) and decreasing these stats of the opponents. Healers are also very good at making potions, this is because most potions are healing potions anyway. They are weak at all other kinds of magic and usually can not handle weapons well. Usually healers do not go on missions, because most are affiliated with the church. So healers are highly sought after to join adventure teams. Making potions requires a few ingredients (differs for each potion), the time to make it, and need to be infused by the magic of the healer with the appropriate spells. Some potions need to be drunk, others need to make contact with the skin or the area of concern, and others just need to be thrown into the right direction (they take the form of smoke from the broken bottle). Even healers can not go against aging and growing old. Beauty creams do exists though and if infused with very minor healing magic (healthy skin = beautiful skin) it is a highly sought after product by ladies (and secretly gentleman) of higher status who can afford it. Like all magic it is possible to be good in one spell and bad at the other, so it is possible to be good at increasing the defence and to be bad at decreasing the defence to name an example. Reviving is not be a topic for now.

Mages:
| +
Mages practice all kinds of magic except for healing/support magic. There is a great diversity. The most common is elemental magic, so everything to do with the elements. There is also summoning, fortune telling, just to name a few examples. Being good at everything is difficult so most specialize at the stuff they need for their personal goals. Those that want to go on missions specialize in spells they need for survival and fighting. Those that get affiliated with the church specialize in the spells needed for that. Mages usually can not handle weapons and usually they don’t need to either. Some spells require magical circles to be drawn while others don’t. Mages are best with long range combat.

IC: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52506

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Last edited by Chemical Lady on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom of the Sun
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 am 

Here is my form for my mage ^^

Name: Grey von Halvir
Appearance:
Image with normal ears
Personality: usually quiet, also mischievous, often gives wrong advice on purpose, fascinated by strong personalities
Level: just acquired the master title
Member of which guild(s): just quit the mage guild, not a member of any other guild atm
Strengths: as the omnipotent mage he is, he can do it all (more or less XD), a special strength is his elemental magic
Weaknesses: - healing, support and potions, he can do a moderate heal at best and only with the long incantations
- he is also not that good with summonings, because having to draw that summoning circle is such a bother and nothing high level comes out of it anyway
- fortune telling, he is actually pretty accurate at this but most of the time he just refuses to do it
History (if available): not telling XD
Other stuff you want to mention about your character: he makes slivery looking jewelry somtimes with jewels, so he is always wearing some rings necklaces and hair ornaments and stuff on him. He stores power in them so when he himself is running low, he can use those. Sometimes he sells some that look the same but without that magical shine, in other words they don't have anything stored in them and are jus normal jewelry. Also he usually introduces himself with his last name.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:23 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

-Name: Althaia Rose
-Appearance:
(Minus the magic circle, as these are not used by healers.)
-Personality:
-Level: Expert
-Guild(s): Adventure Guild, Healer Guild
-Strengths:
-Weaknesses:
-History (if available)
-Other Stuff:

Last edited by Amara on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Name: Abraham MacArthur III

Appearance:

((Might edit a few things around him later, but it works. ^^))

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:43 pm 

IC: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52506

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm 

so let's get started ^^

one thing that I forgot to mention is that there is no need to start interacting right away as I will soon create a situation where our characters will meet if they want to or not

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 am 

@ChroniclesOfGrim and @Amara
just pinging you two because I don't know if you have subscribed to this thread
let's start?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 am 

Sorry for the delay in posting. I've been busy this past week, so haven't had much time to write. I'll try to get a post up later today, when I get a chance to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 am 

@ChroniclesOfGrim how is your post coming along? don't hesitate to ask if you need any info about the possibilities of the world

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:41 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Hey will be posting when I get home tonight

Sent from my A466BG using Tapatalk

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:26 pm 

random fact: I had already written my post before grim posted and actually the first few sentences were:
"When he took the last sip of his drink, it was time for Grey to leave. People had the tendency to start to talk to strangers that were around for a while and he didn’t want to be chatted up by anyone present. "
Abe really got in the way of his plans to just have a drink and leave without having to talk XD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:44 pm 

casually double posting because this is more of a gm post

Sunshine village (I know very original naming sense again) is located to the south of the capital and takes one day to reach by horse

also your characters need to be tricked somehow into accepting this very same mission and make their way towards Sunshine. If you need any help with the tricking part then please ask even if it is just to get to know if your idea is possible in this world (pm, here or chat all ways are fine)

time to start moving on with the plot ^^

oh yeah before I forget, this mission is not on the adventure guild bulletin board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 pm 

added more info under "world" and "magic"
please read it before making your posts ^^
also I have decided to keep track of the missions our team will undertake under "missions"

furthermore I would like you to end your next post when your character is about to arrive at Sunshine (not yet enter it) they don't neccessarily have to meet, just so that we are all on the same line, so in other words your next post should cover the next two days

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:00 pm 

long post with lots of info about the village and the mission rules
the girl will react the same to everyone so feel free to take over that part of the interaction
I will add this info the ooc thread at a later point in time

so the mission will start the next morning, so make sure your character signs up before the day ends ^^

as always, do ask if you have any questions, or need any help or advice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:20 pm 

hello?
you guys alright?
don't hesitate to ask if you need some info for your post
there is no post order so whoever of you two is ready, go ahead ^^
(round based remember XD)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm 

Sorry. I've been too busy to write. My advanced pathophysiology class has kept me busy. Work doesn't help (64 hours last week, yay). I will post as soon as I can, but I can't promise when it will be. Not likely before Sunday. I have a test to take today and I'm out of town for work tomorrow and Saturday.

Sorry for the delay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:29 pm 

it's okay, I basically just wanted to make sure that the rp wouldn't be forgotten XD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:32 pm 

XD Nope. I haven't forgotten. Just havent had time, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:01 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Nope haven't been forgotten. This rp is on my list of posts to respond to. I'm powering through them this weekend

Sent from my A466BG using Tapatalk

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 pm 

There we go. Finally posted. Sorry for the delay.