All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:34 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

"I just don't get it," he releases a frustrated sigh as his eyes look on with awe at the surrounding landscape that was all...his. Well, his in contract anyways as he is not really into the concept of personal ownership of nature but as far as society norms go there was a piece of paper that said this land is now his, recently passed onto him from a now dead relative who he had hardly even heard of before, and this land was vast. It had already been at least 10 minutes of non-stop driving since they entered the reinforced steel gate that was connected to a strong looking concrete wall that supposedly wrapped around, completely, 25,000 acres, about 40 square miles of land built close to the mountains with a vast forest surrounding it. 'Secluded;' that was the word the guard at the gate used to describe the location of the estate while passing on the information of the place's size. Apparently seclusion was a much desired quality around these parts as the identification process to get through the gate was one stroke short of having to give a full rectal exam.

"Mr. Verance wanted to be sure that no one of ill means entered the premises," said the guard, a gruff looking man of an age somewhere in his 30s it seemed. Not too much younger than John himself but with an air of dominance on him that would make even the most tenacious of people think it over before trying to mess with him. Obviously ex-military and obviously very adept at the duty of guarding any sort of post. The man was a clear 6'8 with arms the size of tree trunks and a stare that was both emotionless and commanding. The man has gone through some ****, as a keen observer would note. Put that with the small arsenal of weaponry that could be seen both on his hip and inside the guard house, he was a formidable presence, to say the least.

"How do you keep watch of the entire area," the soft yet challenging voice of Ambrosia was heard from the passenger seat as the guard checked both of their ID cards and the documents that were provided to them by the person who told them of the estate to begin with. While he checked those, another group of 5 guards made a check of the vehicle, a small dark blue sedan with a few years on it, all of them with a similar look as the first guard.

The question made the man beam, a look that John did not expect the towering figure could pull off, as if he was proud to make the next statement, "Mr. Verance had gone through painstaking ends to ensure that this estate was armed with the best security measures that money and hard work could provide. Every section of the outer wall is equipped with sensors that alert us to anything that comes near it, within twenty feet, to be exact. There are high definition cameras at each section as well, those were recently put in. We are instructed to ensure that the security is up to current standards as to the development of technology."

It only took about 20 more minutes of identification requirements and questioning before the guards were sure that this was Corann's great-grandson and that he be given permission to enter the premises. The gate opened to a lone road that wound its way through a slightly dense wooded area that looked like it popped out of a painter's best dream. To say the land was beautiful would be an understatement. As John drove, the couple saw that there were many smaller paths that broke out from the road and into different sections of the woods, not quite big enough for a full sized car but probably for some atvs or cart and horseback. Both of them were awestruck, not that the place was so beautiful but the fact that it was so beautiful and seemed to be rather untouched aside from the paths and obvious effort to keep it all guarded and clean.

After driving a bit longer the view of trees and brush was almost immediately replaced by another wall and gate, this one armed with a guard as well, except only 1 and this one is a bit more..rugged. A long, shaggy beard that seemed to have no end to them, hair that matched and though the man is still a mountain compared to most men instead of lean and cut physiques you find with former military, this guy sports a girth that would be fitting for kings of old; large belly, big arms and even bigger legs. The most noticeable difference between this guard and the ones from earlier, however; this one sports a warm and welcoming smile as the vehicle made its stop. The eyes of the guard light up as he rushes out to greet the newcomers, making John forget his earlier frustration for a moment, "Welcome, lad," says the guard. A cheery expression could not be hidden behind his beard, broken and rotten teeth showing through.

"Hi, there," John gave back with a subtly surprised expression, "you seem much friendlier than the other group down there." He gestures back towards the road heading to the first gate.

The guard laughs, a hearty, healthy laugh that one can only find from people of long and full histories to tell. The guard breaks off the laughter and shakes his head, "Oh don't be lettin them boys give you any freights, lad. They just like to act tough to keep the local kids from causing havoc here. Appearances, you understand. Really they are tough as kittens."

John couldn't help but be confused, "I don't know, they were pretty convincing to me."

The guard shrugs, "Ehh, don't get me wrong. Those ones down there ain't exactly nothing to mess with for normal folks but they wouldn't be a bother to us, for sure."

John could feel the simultaneous tilt of his own head as well as the shifting of Ambrosia in her seat. He gives a quick glance to his wife who quickly hides a subtle look of unease from her face. "Normal folk," he says under his breath not to anyone in particular to digest the words for a second. Before he can make a comment on it, Ambrosia touches his arm.

"What is your name?" She asks the guard with a serious yet warm tone, hoping John would just let the comment go. It works as John's expression changes to show his new interest in his wife's question, wanting to learn who this kinder man is as well.

"Oh, right," the man says before extending his hand towards John, "My name is Erryn. Erryn Sammite but most folks call me Err, as you can as well. Pleasure to make your quittance Johnny and Ambrosia Verance."

Both of them share a shocked expression, "You know who we are," John asks while taking the man's hand in his.

Bringing his hand back down Err gestures nonchalantly towards the gate, "Why, of course. We have been expecting you, the whole house has. Plus I would recognize my own kin no matter how old they get or how long it has been since I've seen them. Oh, yes it has been quite some time since I last saw you, you were just wee thing back then, barely off your mother's breast. Doubt you would remember me and your mother was never truly fond of us coming around."

Another uneasy shift from Ambrosia as John let out another exasperated sigh, "Yes, I know. My mother never really spoke much of my father since his passing nor of anyone from his side of the family. The fact that I still had a living grandfather and great-grandfather, although dead now of course, she never told me. Apparently it has been several years since he passed and the whole time his people have been trying to get in touch with me about this estate." He gives another glance towards his wife, "It would have been nice to known about this place while we have been struggling to make ends meet over the years. Us and my siblings, I mean," he makes the statement looking back at Err. "Of course it would have been nice to get to know Corann before his passing as well."

The smile on Err saddens a bit at the mentioning of Corann's name, "Aye, he was a good one, your great grandpa was. Sad to see such a man as that go but all for the best, as they say. He was suffering so the last few years of his life. Some disease we knew nothing of, even modern doctors couldn't figure out what was ailing him. He tried to come see you once while you were still at home but your ma wasn't having none of it."

"What," John barks out, "you mean he came to visit me before?"

"Aye, lad. It was right before you left to see the world, as your ma was saying. Corann had only a few years left to live at that time and wanted to make it a point to see you at least one more time. Due to an agreement between your ma and pa though, Corann had to ask Melissa first and she flat out sent him packing. Didn't even think twice on the idea, that she didn't. Right shameful thing too, if you don't mind me saying."

Clenching his jaw, John sits back into the seat to try and absorb all this, looking to his wife for some sort of help, "Why would she do that?"

"Maybe she had a good reason for it, my love," she says in an effort to comfort him.

"Aye, if trying to keep her son away from our kind is a good reason," Err spat, quickly losing his friendly demeanor in that one statement, John turning his head back to face him.

"Our kind?" John tilts his head again.

"Perhaps this is not the time to get into a discussion about what was done and focus on getting back to what we are here for?" A sharpness to her voice told Err that the subject would be dropped immediately, not to mention the glowing light that shone from her eyes while John's eyes were set on the guard.

Understanding, and perhaps a bit of persuasion, entered the mind of Err and he nodded briskly before shaking his head, "Aye, that is correct. Please forget my comments, I get a bit worked up about Corann's passing at times. I'll open the gates for you and you two head on to the house. Like I said, everyone is expecting you but I will call ahead to let Jaime know you are on the way. She will also have to phone the mayor, as I'm sure he would like to know of your arrival as well."

"Just who was this guy?" John looks back at his wife.

"We can talk about that later, Johnny," Err says as he goes back into the guard house and hits the switch for the gate, coming back out as it is opening. "You just go on up and get settled in. I will be up a bit later once my replacement here comes."

"Okay.." John assents and pushes on the gas when the gate is clear, making their way up the road again, the 'house' visible after only a minute or so of driving through more woods that end at a large clearing where trees are replaced my finely kept hedges, lawns, gardens, statues, and all sorts of decorations one would find surrounding a mansion, which the building they were heading to was, by any regards. The place was HUGE. Not so much tall, though it did have 3 stories, as it was expansive.

"There must be dozens of bedrooms in there," Ambrosia noted with a slight awe to her voice. "And look," she says as he points across the open landscape, "there are more buildings around it too. Must be a lot of people that live here.

Nodding absently, John again lets out another sigh as he thinks of his mother, "Why did you hide this from me?" He mutters to himself though Ambrosia hears it and gently places her hand on his arm, worrying about what sort of nightmares this dreamland is going to uncover.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:01 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)

Response to Creator's and Goat's Post

The time was about 3pm when a old "shagging" wagon from the 70's was Eversprings bound. The wagon, a yellow painted, and white pinned striped relic of times gone by. Still even had the classic "W" Volkswagen symbol rested proudly right between the headlights. The driver of the wagon was an old Cajun named Guillaume Conard. Now old Guilliaume was a man who had been around for quite some time now. Seen plenty of strange things, and been involved in some interesting circumstances. That it be though. When he spotted both the orange colored woman and what looked to be a mountain of a girl. He slammed on the breaks, and stopped about ten feet from the both of them. He wasn't sure what to make of the pair, or even why they would be there. Yet maybe they needed help, or maybe the orange stripped creature was about to pounce. He knew he would have not much time to decide.

He glared out towards Tanya from the drivers seat of his wagon. Then at Ashley who from first glanced looked to be a run of the mill teenager. Except the whole, being tall as hell. If this girl was indeed in trouble though by some ramdom creature in the middle of the road. Old Guilliame would make sure he put a stop to it right there. In all honesty though. This was one of those moments in time that he wished he wasn't retired. Guillaume sighed, and turned off the ignition. The grey hared Cajun knew he was not a young man anymore, and he knew that if he stepped out of his car. It might lead to his end, but old Guillaume was still a classic southerner at heart. Though, even with that in mind. He turned over towards the back of his driver's seat, and reached for his old friend "Marie".

It was then that he opened up the driver's seat door, and stepped down from his vehicle. In his hands was a Russian made Ak-47 with some custom attachments added to it. At first glance when you got past the whole "Ak-47" thing. Guillaume appeared as a simple old man. He stood at about 5'9 and weighed about 230-250. His skin was white, but still very tan. The type of tan someone living down in the lousiana swamps would have this time of the year. There was hair everywhere on his body, except his head. He even sported a long beard that looked as if it had been on his face for quite some time. Though even with his appearance as it was. There was a telling sign that gave him away.

His eyes

The eyes of a killer. The type of eyes that were hard...cold, calculated. A bit grayed out, and even possibilities of blindness. Yet his eyes were a story all their own. The type of story that was better off forgotten. In his younger years, Guillame would of approached he situation with probably a more aggressive approach. Deffently a more aggressive approuch with innocent lives were threatened. Instead of doing this. He did not raise his rifle, but instead he stood there only for a moment. The look of fear in her eyes, and even the way she carried herself. He could already tell Tanya was not the wild game he was after, but maybe someone could of helped.

"Afternoon Chers! You'd both look like you in some distress." He said as he slung his Ak over his right shoulder. "Forgive me for my appearance, and show of force. Old Guilliame is use to the more violent things in life. I mean nothing by it." That thick Cajun accent of his was pretty damn easy to pick up on as he continued to approach. "I'd say it be not the best idea for a lovely lady as yourself to be standing out here with no clothes on. I may have some blankets and some food back in my vehicle." He still was not sure if the orange woman would harm the teenage girl, but again he had to show some signs of good faith. He now stood about five feet from both Ashley and Tanya. Guilliame had done his best to to keep up that southern charm. Just enough to keep the situation civil. He never wanted, or liked when things got out of hand.

Response to Shadow's post

It was only 3pm, and yet today had felt like it had went on forever. Matt, who was still in his office, had been seated at his desk. He had decided to make the call. A call that he had hoped he wouldn't need to make. The significance of this phone call at the moment did not mean much. In reality it was only merely a safety net. A safety net that he was prepared to cast over the town. If things were ever to get out of control. Matt let out a deep sigh of regret, and hated himself for falling back on old habits. He looked up towards the glass outside his door, a thin piece of protection that seperated him and his staff. He had to trust these people to their jobs, and they had to trust him to do his. The question was, for Matt at least. How far did that trust in a small town like Eversprings really go?

Meanwhile some of the deputies were outside the department on their smoke break. After all, it had been a long day for them too. The crazy ass calls about creatures in the woods. The sheriff's truck being totaled, and even the damn crap about sightings of ghost children in town. Though to be honest. This was a normal day in the town of Eversprings. For most of these deputies. They grew up with the stories of the supernatural. Tall tales, and reports of creatures out in the woods. About monsters that hid beneath their beds, and even evil witches that took bad children from their parents.

The deputies just learned to deal with it, and it seemed like so has their new sheriff. There were a few rumors that day back at the department about the conversation Matt had with the mayor. Even more about the conversation Matt had with the Mayor's secretary. Some of the deputies had become a bit concerned about how much of Matt's past had been hidden form them. They knew he was in the service, and that after the service. He did some work for the government, but taking a bribe? Not even the old sheriff would ever do that. They still remember when the old sheirff stood toe to toe with the Mayor, and almost punch the smug bastard in the face.

It was when one of the deputies had finished their cigarette. That they noticed something odd. Across from them was an old grocery store. One that had closed down after it was discovered that the owner had a thing for human flesh. That and necrophilia. There were a lot of things wrong with the owner of that store. Anyway. The deputy decided to chase the kid off. After all it was rumored that the old grocery store was haunted by the victims of the owner. That and strange creatures were rumored to roam around it. " Hey you! You do not belong here!" The deputy said as he marched over there to scare the kid off.

All the while the other deputies had stood infront of the police station. They had to watch this, and see if one small kid could be that much of a promblem. Only if they had realized how much of a trouble that kid was.

Public post

There is a hill not far from the outskirts of town. A hill in which has been around since the time of the towns founding. A simple mount of land and grass. A hill that at one time made every single resident in the town wish for it's destruction. Now one may ask what is so special about a simple hill? Well it is not the hill that is the issue, but what is built upon it's hollow ground. A old windmill that was built long ago for the crushing of grain into flower. A windmill that in one fateful day turned from a tool. Into a nightmare beyond anyone understanding, and that nightmare's name is Mother Netta.

A vengeful spirit whom the town of Eversprings should of never forgotten.

Elizabeth, as she was known long ago. Was a simple woman, who prided herself herself on the ability to provide for the town. To add to that pride. She was with child, and enjoyed the idea of being a mother very much so. Sad to say. Poor Elizbeth never saw that day. On a somewhat chilly October's day while crushing the grain into flower. Her dress got caught on the grinder. She tried with all her might to tear the dress off, but with no one to help her. Both Elizabeth and her unborn child met a gruesome end. To add to the tragedy. Not one single soul knew of her fate, until the day the bread from that windmill had been baked.

A day or so later in the town. Families had gathered around. Meals were cooked, and the townsfolk enjoyed the pleasant company of others. They survived a harsh winter. They were greeted by a bountiful spring, and were now enjoyed a calm fall. The leaves had turned a golden shade of the yellow. The trees had begun to lose said leaves. The cool breeze of wind brushed againts their faces. All was well, and as they broke they bread. The horror of what had happened to one of their own tainted their lips with the scent of copper. It was on that day that Everspring's peaceful days were ended, and the birth of a nightmare began.

The children of the town began to go missing. Sounds of disembodied giggling of children, and the sighting of a woman dressed in white robes plagued the townsfolk. The bread, all of it rotted with the blood of the Mother. The townsfolk pleaded for god to help them, but it would seem that only the devil responded. Eventually it was discovered that the windmill had been cursed by Mother Netta's vengeful spirit. That do to the fact that in her desperate pleads for someone to save went unanswered. So would the towns. The mayor at the time could only do one thing to settle the spirit. He held a festival to calm her down. In this festival there would be bread baked, and a woman dressed in white. A child would be guided to the windmil, and doing so. Mother Netta would take the child as her own, and add their soul to her "family." This calmed the vengeful spirit, and appeased her hunger for more children. On October 13 each year this tradition was carried on. Though through the years it has become forgotten, and treated as superstition.

Infact in the early 90s her festival was almost completely forgotten, and her tragic story became a simple "boogeyman" story. Now in 2017, as the times had continued to leave her memory as some old wives tale. Mother Netta's spirit had become angry. How dare they forget her. How dare they forget their history. Only a few months away from her festival, and no signs of preparations for her at all. They want to forget her? They want to treat her story as if it never happened...They will learn to respect their history!

There above the town! The windmill which lead to the death of poor Elizabeth had begun to grind once more. The old stone mechanism become twisted, and alive. The sails of the windmill moved on it's own. On that hill, her feet sunk into the grass beneath the souls of ghostly heels. Stood Mother Netta. Her eyes fixated on the town she had once called home all those years ago. With her were her children. The lost souls that she adopted into her family. She was not alone, and knew with the arrival of her spirit. Many more of Eversprings past will awaken as well. So be it...

As Mother Netta glared down. Eli had been seated at his desk. His secretary was hovered over him as he glared at some paperwork. They both felt a chill in the air, as did everyone in the town. Even those in the sheirff's office. A chill that struck you down to the bone. One that even folk could feel. This chill brought a smile to Eli's face. "Good..She is awake..About damn time you old hag." He then turned to Miss Wilson. "Looks like i win the bet."

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Tanya saw a female human on something that was quite unknown to her. It was so strange that Tanya stared as she spoke softly.
"What in the name of Hades is that thing she is riding? Some new kind of a monster?"
The female human soon stopped not far away and spoke to her as Tanya stood there in fascination. She decided to speak for it was just a human which she could easily knocked down.
"We are lost. Don't know our way home. What kind of monster thing is that?" Tanya asked as she pointed to the skate board.
Slowly Tanya kept an eye on the skateboard as if it could start up any second and run her down. As she looked at the little monster thing, another monster thing came rolling down the road making Tanya freeze up in fright. It was the larger one that like some others that she had seen when Langorn had taken over and got her too close to the hard trail.

“You fool tiger got us on the hard trail where the monsters roar…..” Tanya hissed softly as the car came to a sudden stop. She was ready to run but which way? She could possibly run to a tree but the trees were slightly too far away. Tanya glanced at the female human who was so near to her that she had to remember not to forget that the female human was nearby and Tanya was very good at forgetting if something new caught her attention. Then the female human might catch her like some male human did once. She shudder at that memory. One thing about Tanya was that once she learned her lesson, she would not repeat the same mistake again.

As Tanya looked back to this new monster which she never saw the color of one of these monsters. She could see the ‘W’ on the front of the monster which caught her attention that maybe this monster thing is different from the others around. She walked slowly towards the monster thing to see the ‘W’ when the monster thing allowed someone out. She backed away with a soft hiss and with her hands reaching behind her in case she came too close to anything that she could hide behind. Like the female human who had the little monster thing. Tanya came close to where the female human was and glanced over her shoulder to see what the female human was doing. The female human was not running away or looked scared at all. That made Tanya stopped to look again since the female human was not frighten.

Was it some sort of a human? He was all furry like all over except on top of his head….She sniffed the air but she did not know the smell of the human but it was a human for sure. He has something that was weird looking that she never saw before. She came a bit closer to smell the long thingy then she wrinkled up her nose.
“Human has a banger… long banger too…… Langorn, you are is such deep trouble when I find time to punish you. You are so bad…..”

Langorn punch her stomach hard just because he could. Tanya lost her air but when she regain her breath back, she balled her two fists up into one and punched her stomach hard.

“You better behave if you know what is good for yourself. No much punching while I work.” Tanya spoke as she glanced at her own stomach.
Thus may seem odd to the old man but this kind of internal battle had been going on for the last … oh about 20 years by now. She knew Langorn’s weakness and how to keep him in checked for the most part Even she needed sleep every 5-6 days.

She stood still as she looked at the man. She didn’t understand some of the words but she heard them quite clearly.
“Why do you have long banger? What is cher mean? And distress and appearscence? What is a guilli thing? What are blankets and clothes……. Do you have chocolate?”
Tanya spoke in a growly voice and her posture said answer or I’ll flee for she was slowly edging towards the side of the road where she felt more safe. Hiding is safer than having food. But what she would do for some chocolate! She hadn’t had chocolate for a while and when she was on her way to get some more from the old woman…. The humans had arrived then she found that They were there. They who should not be named ruined everything.. She wanted to get even but she was not strong enough…… One day They will mess up. Everything messes up sometimes but Tanya was going to be more clever.
For now, she needed to find a way back to her home. Where it was safe. But what if the human had chocolate? Will it be good or bad chocolate? Bad chocolate makes her very sick……. Tanya was not sure what to do so she stood there just looking at the humans and monsters as she tried to decide what was the best thing to do. What a hard test this was!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Micky couldn't help but laugh, Sam letting out the loudest and longest he had ever heard before. He wasn't sure how Sam grew up, but he seems interested in the stupid things he does. It would be nice to bring someone beside Ash along with him for once, not that there was anything wrong her. In fact she is his best friend, it's just that the two don't see eye to eye on all the stupid **** he does. Like grand theft auto, there was no way in hell she would do that. Yet now Sam is asking to come along next time. With a sly smile Micky would ouch his arm back just as hard. "Alright alright, you can be my lookout next time."

As the two walk into the edge of town, passing by the small gas station that was on this end of town, Sam handed Micky a few small packets of wet towelettes, shrugging the young man would take them. He would start to wipe the blood from his forehead and face, the gash on his head even smaller now that the blood is gone. "Thanks Bud." Micky was to sure why Sam had the little packages, but he was a greatful for them. He couldn't really walk around town covered in blood. As that would just lead to more people stopping him to ask if he is ok, or calling the sheriff about some guy walking around like that. It was just about to be the height of tourist session, so the mayor would be trying to keep things calm and what not. Of course Micky had other plans for the man.

Flicking the now red wet towels to the side, the werewolf would turn his attention back to Sam, tilting his head to side a bit as he talked about his brothers, he had yet to meet. "i don't think so, but I bet you I will soon enough." He softly elbowed his friend in the side of the ribs. "As for me, I was just going to call Ash and see what she was up to today. So probably we would have gotten stoned, I would watch her stake around, then, we would figure something out. Why don't you join us? You don't got to get stoned." He smiled, wanting to include Sam, even if he didn't want to get high, it was still nice to have someone to talk when high. "Actually, why don't I call her right now?" He asked, mostly him self as he pulled a phone from his pocket. Quickly calling Ashley, though it would go to voice mail. "Probably still asleep or heading into town." He shrugged, the two now passing by the flower shop. As they passed the flower shop, a cold shiver would run through his body, causing Micky to shake out his body. "What the hell now?" He asked under his breath.

---------

Ashley was confused to say the least, the weird girl pointing at her stakeboard and calling it a monster. The girls body was covered in what looks to be, fur? No maybe hair, she wasn't sure. "This?" She points to her board. "This is a skateboard.. What, what are you?" She asked, keeping her foot on the board to make a speedy getaway if needed. Suddenly the squeeling car breaks caused her to spin around. A old VW stopping not to far infront of the two.

Who the hell coupd this be? As the old man stepped from his car, Ash would recognize him. She wasn't sure what his name was, but she knew that she had seen him around town before. At first she thought that he would just get out of his car and ask what was wrong, but she was wrong. When the old man stepped out, he came out with a AK-47. Causing her to take a step away from the older man, not wanting to be shot by some crazy old gun nut.

After a moment, Ashley would look to the girl, who was now talking to her self, and punching her self. Things had quickly snowballed from being a odd situation, to being the weirdest one she had even been. She had only been up for, maybe two hours at this point trying to get into town, she was not ready to deal with anything like this.

Letting the other two talk for a moment, Ashley slowly moved her self from between the car and the girl. Now standing just off to the side, easily to put her board down and get away from this whole thing if needed.

"You are the strangest thing I've meet in this town, and that's sayin' something girl." The tall teen said. Shaking her head as she wasn't sure what to do. It seemed the odd girl didn't have any idea about how the world work, what most of things around her are, or at least didn't have the right words for any of this.

After a moment, Ashley would take her bag from her back, pulling out a chocolate bar and tossing it over to the girl. She would then give her a thumbs up. "I think you can handle your self girl, plus there's some chocolate. I wouldn't be taking any from some old guy, rule one to not getting kidnapped." She smirked, looking to the old guy. "Sorry dude, just don't trust old guys with guns. Though I think you should give her some clothes, or at least a blanket." She shrugged, about to leave from this whole, thing. As she was about to leave, a shiver ran through her body, as if someone had stepped on her grave. "Ahh.. What the **** was that?"

-----------

Astrid yawned softly as she stretched her arms above her head, looking around the diner for a moment. She would spot the young man who works over at the 7-11, giving him a small wave. After a moment, she would stand up, turning to give a wave to her friend. "See yeah Mercy, I've already spent to much time here today." She laughed softly, walking out from the diner. It was only noon, so she thought a nice walk around town would be nice.

Astrid would slowly walk around the small town, giving a few waves to those who she knows. She would even stop in at some of the shops, just to see what new things people have gotten for the summer tourists. Most of things she found were shitty, overpriced tourist trap things. Yet she wasn't sure what she was expecting, that and the mayor was trying so very to draw people in, so he was probably behind a lot of this charp.

After she checked in at her shop, finding that everything where it was when she left, beside the suit of armour. Which had been picked up by the man who wanted it. Chatting with her employee for a few minutes, the large woman would head to the one shop she usually doesn't visit, as she had some fears of lighting the flowers on fire.

Astrid would make her way towards Faeries and Flowers, spotting Micky and one of the three brothers that had moved to the town recently. Giving the young punk and his friend a smile as well as a wave. "Afternoon boys, Micky try not to destroy anything today!" She called out, hearing Micky call back. "I make no promises!"

Stepping into the flower shop, the dragon-kin would take in a deep breath. Enjoying the scent of the place, she would start to look around. Walking around the small store, she could hear a few people talking, but didn't want to disturb anyone so she would just wait till they stopped to ask some questions. Like, if she had golden coloured flowers, or at least something very pretty. This was her dragon side coming out, no matter what century she was in, she would always want something shinny. Astrid giggled to her self, eyes closed. As she did so, she took a step forward.

She finally came to the front counter of the store, spotting Feign and some guy she had ever seen before. "Hey, so I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind that is."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:32 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

When Micky agreed for him to come along the next time he stole a car, Sam grinned even wider, a happy laugh escaping him. "Haha, yeeaaah! Awesome!" As they were walking, the taller and slightly older male took the offered wet wipes, cleaning himself off and when done, tossing the red towelettes to the side. If they'd been in Japan, the guy would have been told to pick them up and throw them away in a proper area for trash, but not here. Instead, they just walked on as if nothing had happened. Not that Samuel minded or anything, in fact at this very moment, he enjoyed the change of pace and rules.

Once in town, they continued walking the same direction, both quiet but enjoying the walk, when after Sam mentioned meeting his brothers, Micky goes on to say that he was just going to meet up with Ash...or Ashley as Sam knew her. He didn't know her that well, but he knew that Micky and she were really good friends. He kinda envied that and hoped one day he'd be on the same level of friendship as those two. But that sort of thing took time, and lots of memories shared, he knew that much. But who knew? Micky had been the first friend he'd made since moving here, so maybe that was a sign of better things to come? Sam was one who definitely believed in fate, that was for sure. Micky invited him to hang out when they smoked and got high, saying that Sam didn't have to join in if he didn't want to. "Sure, that'd be cool." He gives a big grin and two thumbs up, chuckling softly.

Just before passing by the building that was obviously a flower shop, Sam suddenly got a sudden chill running down his spine, the hairs on the back of his neck standing. He shivers a little, a frown on his lips as he glances around. What...was that? It felt similar to all those times when he'd seen any sort of paranormal thing...but ten times more powerful. That had to be it...a very, very strong spirit was around here...and it sure wasn't a happy one either. He heard Micky mutter his question, and glances over to him. So, Sam wasn't the only one who'd felt it. What was going on?

Before he had any time to dwell on it any longer though when a very tall woman passes them by. Sam had only seen her a few times, but he already knew her name. She owned some sort of blacksmith shop, which Sam thought was pretty cool. She waves at them and had a kind smile on her face. Sam waves back, grinning at her while replying to what she'd said. "I'll make sure he doesn't, you can count on me!" He gives her a thumbs up, laughing a bit while nudging Micky in the side. After a moment, he glances to Micky, a thoughtful look on his face. "Hey, are the rumors about this place...you know....real? Ghosts and goblins and werewolves and stuff?" His eyes shift from Micky's, upward, towards the now pretty much gone cut on his head. It had been huge, but now it was pretty much healed completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the flower shop, as she waited for the man to make his decision, she decides to step away and take care of some flowers. Picking up a smaller watering can than the one she used on the outside and green house plants, she sprinkles a bit of water on petals of blooms that grew in small pots, each individually handmade from clay, and decorated by yours truly, Feign. Flowers and stripes, ladybugs, butterflies, and bumblebees, along with a number of another assortment of images covered the surfaces of the flower pots, ranging from tiny, to huge. She was proud of her work, and was glad that she was able to have this little shop of hers.

A bell jingles softly, and she looks up from the plant she was working on, having pulled a couple of wilted buds from the rest of the plant so it could grow new ones, to see a head bobbing inside the shop. It was Astrid, the tall woman from the smithy shop. This was new, she never came in here. Feign wondered what the occasion was, albeit it was a very nice surprise. Moments, before she'd entered, Feign had felt a weird chill spread across her skin, but after taking a deep breath, she moves on, not dwelling on what it might be, though she had a faint idea just what it could be.

Astrid then speaks up, saying she had a few questions. Giving her a warm smile, Feign nods, setting the watering pot down. "Of course, what might your questions be?" She asked, brushing her palms against the front of her apron, getting rid of any droplets of water that had gotten on her skin from her task. Eyes filled with curiosity, she stood there with her head slightly tilted, and that same, warm and alluring smile on her lips, as she waited for Astrid to ask her questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A soft sigh of disappointment slips from between his lips at the sight of the bug, now dead, on the ground before him. "Yowa sugiru..." The bug, like so many others before it, had been weak. Too weak. Death had caught up to it, and now there was nothing but an empty shell before him. Reaching out again, he squashes the bug beneath the tip of his forefinger, a satisfying crunch reaching his ears. Then, more crunching was heard by him, though in the distance, and this time it was gravel, though not all that far away from where he was kneeling in the empty parking lot by the abandoned store.

Turning his head slowly, he sees someone coming closer to him. From the uniform he was wearing, the man was one of the local police officers, and it looked like he was on break. Yūrei's face depicted no sign of any emotion, a blank look of emptiness was all that was depicted. He blinks slowly, hearing the words of the adult, but not paying attention to them. In one ear, out the other, as one might say. But this was more of that fact that Yūrei simply decided not to put any recognition to what he was being told. Why should he? He'd done absolutely nothing wrong. Nothing wrong at all, just like all those other times.

He gradually inches himself around, using his heels to turn his body, so he was now facing the police man. Standing then, still bent slightly, he swipes his palms against his pants, brushing off a few specks of dust, before completely rising to his full height. Arms loose at his sides, he stares at the man, not blinking at this point, his already large eyes growing bigger. An almost...irritated bit of air forms around him, the view distorted much like when one looks at the surface of asphalt during a really hot day. The space around him grows hotter as he continued to bore his eyes into the male's face, focusing on the spot right between his eyes.

When the officer got within ten feet, the real trouble began. It was in almost an instant, no time to react, and yet at the same time...plenty. Heated air, extremely high in temperature, rushes past the adult like a blast from a heat wave, before in the blink of an eye the man bursts into flames. It was so sudden, no flames, suddenly to flames that enveloped his entire body. Screams. Screams of pain once more echoed in Yūrei's ears, as he stood there, watching the grown man writhe in agony, rolling around on the ground trying to put himself out, but failing to do so. The scent of burning flesh reached his nostrils, a putrid, gut wrenching scent, grotesque and disgusting, just like the body that was coming to a stop, twitching every so often, before becoming completely still. The man was dead, but the flames lived on, feeding on the flesh of the man that it had consumed so eagerly.

A red droplet falls from Yūrei's left eye, slowly falls down his cheek, to drop down to the ground below next to his foot. Another death, another bit of pain, another weakling who couldn't survive the fire. He turns on his heel, wiping away the remnants of the red tear from his face with the palm of his hand, slowly heading in the opposite direction from the corpse, knowing that if the police were smart...they'd stay away. Though of course, they had no idea no proof that Yūrei was even the one who had done this, he was just standing there, doing nothing but looking at the man before he'd caught fire. And even during then, he remained where he was. Like times before, spontaneous combustion would be the cause, but of course how...well, they never really had a reason for that now did they?

Shaking his head, he sighs softly as he walked away, twirling the cane he had with him, humming under his breath a cheery little tune, but of course, the expression on his face was a blank slate, eyes wide as he stared ahead. Sitting on his shoulder was a white little puppet creature thing, and to most, it looked lifeless, but that was not the case. Yūrei tilted his head to the side, so his ear would be close to it, and it was almost like the thing was whispering to him because he would nod softly, and mutter things back to it. Though if any saw it, most likely they thought it was a crazy kid doing his thing. Circling around, he passes the by the Sheriff's window, and turns his head to look inside as he passed by, and only then, did something appear on his face. The smallest of smiles, but probably the creepiest image ever, due to the fact that his eye had shown its true nature. A moment or two, then Yūrei is past the window, no longer in view, and if the Sheriff got up, he'd see that the boy was no longer there, almost as if he'd disappeared into thin air.

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:03 pm 

I have come back!

It was pass 3 PM as the sounds of a stack of paper hit the floor, scattering in different places. It was a long day for Lerisia, so long and slow as she often looked at the round, reddish clock on the side of the window. It's sound resonated within her head, ticking and tingling went through her ears in the silence of the room. tick tock, tick tock, she heard the soft but firm sounds of the clock's needle. She sighed once again "Oh christ..." she murmured to herself, her breathing getting deeper. She sighed depressingly as she quickly lowered herself to pick them, one by one. Lerisia often told herself that the start of a new life was exciting, but deep inside she knew it was not going to be easy. Lerisia wasn't always positive of the things she does and has done, and that exact thought has been followed her and tormented her in previous years before moving to Everpsring, a place she considered the renaissance of her life as a young mother. As she moved her left arm, her golden brown hair fell on her shoulders, smoothly making it's way to the front and placing itself onto her pinky tender cheek, like a Autum leaf falling on skin. She pulled it back with one hand as she continued to pick the rest of the paper work. Her Honey-colored eyes blinks of exhaustion, an indication of tiredness. Must she force herself to keep herself awake? she had to, as of this day was normal like any other...yet, for her it wasn't.

It's been 5 months since Lerisia Salem and her two children had moved into the bungalow house on the side of the road of Everspring. It was better than their previous residence in the city of New York, which ambient was too loud, too dirty and too lively to stay. Lerisia can't lie herself, she liked the city life she had and did not have many complains. Her lips curved into a small smile, remembering the diversity of the neighborhood where she once lived. The people knew her. They knew her family. Those who lived in the gray and brown buildings on Delancey street, regardless of the lack of maintenance, was full with people that were cooperative within themselves. There was the old, gray-haired man, Mr. Gilbson, who liked to have his shirt unbuttoned halfway, showing it's gray chest hair, which he thought it was sexy. There was Mrs. Sepulveda and her husband, Eugenio of puerto rican descendant, who they often called out the man in care of the buildings for the lack of response to repairs and were likely angry enough to gossip with the neighbors about the complains behind the people's back. There was the crazy woman, Mrs. Larm who just stood right about outside of the building where Lerisia lived, smoking a cigarette who apparently, and this was in Lerisia's mind, took a toll on her thin, boned body and wrinkly face which she tried to hide with heavy make up. Lerisia never thought she lived in a crazy neighborhood, in fact she thought it was normal, even after her parents taught her of morals and civic manners within the community. "Stay away from this person" they used to lecture her, pointing their finger onto her face, their looks sending her warning signs. She nodded in agreement while in her mind, she imagined crossing her fingers on her back. People aren't interesting if they don't have-

"YEOW!" Lerisia squeaked as she let go of the sheet of paper she had in her fingers. This one falling farther from her. She looked at her right middle finger. Nothing. Perhaps a light paper cut? she thought. She lightly massaged it with her right thumb, the feeling on her skin embracing it's warm touch. Lerisia blinked as she did it for 5 seconds. It did not show blood but it was a noticeable cut, not too long but open enough to show how deep it went. Her breath going a bit more faster than before, head turning to look upwards. She sighs. "Oh christ..." Lerisia says once again.

Ignoring the cut, Lerisia goes back again to pick the papers up. After getting all of them, she returned to her desk to put everything in order. It was a decent size space, the reception room of Dr. Richard. Nothing too fancy, but favorable to the eyes of the people who comes in for the appointment. Lerisia was fortunate. Dr. Richard happened to have an open position for receptionist in his office the same week as she arrived to Everspring, placing her into the job immediately. He was an interesting man, Dr. Isaac Richards. Who would have thought he would understand her situation without even having to mention it? No. He doesn't know it, Lerisia still tells herself. She wasn't that feeble and transparent, and she was sure the doctor wasn't interested in her personal problems. Consider it lucky, though! Now you have a job! she imagined herself said. You have a house! She expressed herself with content in her mind. Your children live with you and no one else! she screamed in her head with force.

Her two children.

It was not that lerisia wouldn't anticipate their actions, it was clear to her that this was meant to happen. She never imagine that they would be so affected by her decisions that it would go so out of hand. Having them bring into an unknown place, where there was no one familiar who can protect them, far away from a city they grew up, and even more sadder, just after a family argument. Her grandparents were against it. "What will you do so far away from home, to a place that you don't even know?!" they exclaimed to her, begging her to stay. Lerisia persisted. Her mind was troubled at the time. Think of where you are going to take your children! they said. Those words inflicted her even more into her heart. That day, as she remembers, was sunny. The clouds were bright with he touch of the light, looking so majestic like the pictures of the kingdom of heaven reflected in the bibles. Her grandmother used to tell her that with a day like that, good things will come to those who had suffered under the thunderous, rainy days. Guess she was wrong. Can't you at least think of how we feel if you leave? What THEY will feel?! her grandmother said. Of course she did. Jon and Hannes. Her two children, her babies. Her everything. Lerisia only wanted to raised them in a peaceful environment, free of the turmoil that was Delancey street back where she was married. So even now, Lerisia does not feel guilty of her decision, her heart was decisive and a decisive heart was a a sign of strength. Strength is what she needs now, more than ever to deal with what now is a broken relationship with her son. As soon as she stopped her remembrance, she realized she had already finished putting the paper work in order. Lerisia brushed her hair backwards, barely making it a bit more tame. She stood and walked towards what it appeared to be a big, wooden bookcase with several binders in each rectangular space. She moves her fingers, feeling the touch of passing through each binder marked with a name until finding the one she was looking for: Mrs. Blake, that was her name. Lerisia took out the binder and opened to place the papers inside. Once placed back in the book shelf, she headed back to her desk.

Before checking the rest of the work, Lerisia turns to checks the clock once again. 3:30 PM. Perhaps was time to call him? Lerisia's finger crossed onto each other as a gesture of worrying. Jon was already big enough to understand, yet the problem relies on whenever he listen to her and how he responds to her warnings. Aside for the constant fear that crawls within Lerisia's skin, she was aware they were strangers in a town; They only have been in town for a couple of months. Well, hell, they are strangers to each other and it was a more stressing feeling that a mother could ever feel. Lerisia would lament her decision no matter what she choose. It was decided then, she'll call him regardless. She quickly checked the front door and around if there was anyone who was coming, fortunately for her, No one was in sight. Dr. Richard had a client inside and was still in session. Lerisia turned to the office phone and dial a number. Calls should be quickly as Lerisia is aware is unprofessional to make personal calls. She hated this actions, but her motherly sense overcomes her and takes her over like a puppet. Lerisia taps the desk with her fingers as she hear the phone's sound. At the 7th sound, she hears his voice.

"Yeah?"

"Are you out of the house, honey?" Lerisia asked.

"Hm."

"Where are you heading?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean 'I don't know'?"

"I haven't decided"

"Don't go anywhere dangerous, please."

"I know"

"And could you please call me later so I don't get worry?"

"Ok"

"Alright."

"Ok."

"I love yo-" Lerisia felt the line cut before she even finishes her sentences. She tighten her grip a bit more onto the phone. Somehow, this left her feeling empty inside, a void that was slowly becoming deeper with each rejection. Her son was it's digger, who constantly craves to reach the bottom of her heart until she can't hold no more. Lerisia was getting anxious of this sort of relationship. While non-violet at the moment, which she appreciates, the distance before the two of them may lead Jon to do things that can hurt her, and of course, hurt himself.

Lerisia jumps out of her state of mind after hearing the sound of the phone's line. She blinked twice and looked away for a quick second, trying to shake off the feeling that she just experienced about a moment ago. It's depressing hearing that your own son doesn't want to answer to your concerns, neither said the world "love you, Mom". Maybe she was overreacting, maybe she was being too fixed onto her son lately and perhaps maybe she needed to let go for some time. He was 14, living adolescence was his daily dose right now and he was about to get more in the upcoming years. She could understand that she was the same, but it felt so frustrating to think how apart from each other it felt, as if losing him. As Lerisia hang up the phone, she noticed that there was a small, reddish smudge onto it's side. She frowned. Turned to see her hand, she saw that her fingers were lightly dirty. The middle finger's cut had blood.

Somehow, the feeling of closing the phone so quickly gave Jon some relief. He breathe deeply and let it out as quickly as he can. He brushed his black, wavy hair and hold on to his head, feeling his head spinning a bit. F*ck, why did he felt that her voice was annoying? her words felt like a demand rather than a question and Jon didn't like it. He let his arm fall lazily, turning around his surroundings and looking if there was someone. He found himself to be a few blocks from home, where he got out just a few minutes ago. He had not desired to stay, rather wanted to walk around town and feel that all his compulsive feelings that he had contained since his arrival on Everspring would just go away. He started walking, with no destination whatsoever, mumbling to himself words of a song that once his friends from the city used to hear with him every day. The scenery of Everspring, while vastly different from the place he grew up, brought him a bit of comfort. It was perhaps the sense of solitude of the town, surrounded by mountains with trees that can reach so high, that he enjoyed. He liked being alone, but it was never like this. His place on Delancy Street was blooming with people with such diversity, let alone it's crazy days. He would often open the small window from his apartment to watch the streets and the people outside, it didn't matter if anyone was fighting, or any incidents were happening, or any man was talking out loud to some wall. It was a interesting atmosphere, but it was never quiet and with a "sense of wonder" as Everspring's.

As he kept walking, Jon took his black backpack and swing it in front of him to look for his headphones. They were the last piece of equipment he bought before leaving the city. It was expensive but worth it , as he loves music and preferred to listen to it in high quality and not just simple and cheap stereo. He took it out, placed it in his head and grabbed his small MP3 player to connect it. He throw his backpack onto his back once again and pressed the button to play. The music was loud, it give him enough vibe to lose himself into the sound of the beat. He closed his eyes. Humming to the rhythm, he started to remember the time he first listened to that song. The song he listens is some sort of modern remix of the original song called "Come and Get my Lovin' ". It was the song his father liked and introduced to him when he was a bit more younger. He remembered that he used to play it with other funk music every Sunday in the afternoon, where everyone was outside, sitting in chairs or in a near park, enjoying the sun. Jon was always tapping his feet to the song as he father sang the lyrics. It was one of the best memories he had of him.

As he opened his eyes, he suddenly made a stop. In front of him, just a few yards away, he found a girl with Orange-reddish hair, at least a bit smaller than him. Eyes like his, the girl stared at him while holding onto her small but stylish Violet backpack. Her expression show no happiness nor sadness, rather a pale and cold face. He quickly paused his music player, though he did not bother taking his headphones off. "Can you hear me?" said the girl. Jon nodded lightly and the girl raised her eyebrows in response "So, I guess mother called you?" the girl questioned. "You know it. " Jon responded. He looked at the girl that was his little sister Hannes. He acknowledged that it is his little sister, but sometimes can't stand her personality, specially around their mother. Jon came to the conclusion that she got out of the house to avoid any chores first, which he found a bit irritated but fair. Hannes made a few steps. "Is she still at work?" "Yeah" Jon confirmed. "Are you somewhere in particular?" Hannes did not hesitate to ask quickly. "Not for now" Jon walked pass Hannes. Hannes turned quickly to ask him one more question.

"Can you come with me?"

Last edited by cuteharuna on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 pm 

The silence that accompanied them throughout the ride towards town is broken by an exasperated sight from Ambrosia as she peers out the window, her eyes catching all the splendor of the beautiful landscape surrounding them. So much beauty in this world, she thinks to herself as the trees pass by one after another in and endless scene of green, browns, greys, and all the assorted colors of nature, even when one knows the dangers that lie within it. Some believe the beauty to be a trap but that isn't a fair judgement. The beauty can't help that so many are blinded by the senses they depend on to survive. They call us monsters because of our ability to lure those unable to resist our charm but fail to acknowledge that their lack of self-control is the real reason of their demise. We must eat just like they do yet they forget that simple truth whenever one of theirs falls prey to us. Fortunately, for me, she smiles as she gives a glance over to her companion, studying him with an attention only true lovers could understand as John concentrates on the road, I found someone who understands that truth even more than myself, even if he has yet to realize it himself. I wish so dearly to tell you, my love. You do not know how much it pains me to hold these secrets from you, the very secrets that this place looks to eventually open up toyou. I knew it was coming the moment you received that letter to come here, that my promise to your mother would soon be lost. You must discover yourself eventually, though, as all must do. I can only keep part of that promise, that I will not tell you myself but I cannot prevent you from coming upon it on your own if that becomes your desire. I could try to lure you away with my powers, though we both know how fruitless that endeavor would be. The only thing I can do is be here for you to ensure the backlash that may come doesn't become your end. She places her left hand on this right forearm and squeezes gently.

"It's beautiful here, isn't it," he remarks while keeping focus on the winding road that continues to bring them through what seems like a forest with no end. He catches her absent nod of agreement from the corner of his eye.

"It truly is," she responds. "I wonder if the town can hold onto the beauty."

John shrugs slightly, "Jaime seems to think so," he says, referring to the head attendant of the estate who they met as they reached the mansion earlier. After a quick introduction she had informed the new arrivals of the failed attempt to reach the mayor's office so entrusted the two to head into town and try to find him as well as meet some of the locals, establish some sort of report with everyone.

"We don't even know if we are going to be staying here yet," John had stated while Jaime was trying to send them off.

A flash of perfectly groomed teeth appeared with a smile that any man would find alluring before she retorted, "Oh, I think you'll find yourself unable to resist this place once you get a hold of what it has in store for you."

A low, quick grunt escaped from John before he could stop himself, "It takes more than expansive mansions and riches to claim my attention." An air of pride swept off him that was palpable.

That it does, my love, Ambrosia thought as he looked upon him with the smile that would lure nearly any victim to her clutches. Never you, though.

After a quick tour of the mansion, though, John agreed that the place did have a charm to it that he couldn't quite figure out where it came from and agreed to go see the mayor in person after another try to phone his office came up with nothing. It has been a little over an hour since they left the gate guarded by the former military group and they have yet to see any signs of civilization outside the occasional sign that assured they were going in the right direction.

"He definitely ensured his seclusion," comments John as another signs passes them displaying the name of their destination and a current distance of another twenty miles off. "Eversprings," he reads off the sign before it zooms by, "I don't even think I've heard of it before."

Another nod of agreement from Ambrosia as she eyes the sign herself, "From what Jaime was saying, not many people have. It makes me wonder what sort of people we are going to find there."

"Me too, hopefully the sort of people that don't hold on to too many outdated ideals. I've heard places like these tend to keep traditions that tend to spark conflict pretty easily. I wouldn't want to run into a bunch of racist pricks who think women need to stay in the kitchen." He speeds up a bit as the outskirts of town slowly come into view.

Ambrosia sighs as she takes in the thought, "From what I've seen the location doesn't seem to make a difference."

A nod of the head from John as he frowns, "You're right. I've seen just as much bigotry from large cities as I've heard small towns are supposed to have. Quite the shame, really."

"But," she adds quickly with a proud smile flashing on her face, "it is people like you that help make the world a less hateful place, you must remember that."

"What in the world," John spoke out loud as his attention was quickly pulled to the center of the road a few hundred feet away from them. The sight he held in his vision was quite odd, if not a little intimidating; An older man holding a gun while two other people, obviously younger are standing in the road as well, one seemingly naked. He brings the car to slow crawl as it approaches the scene before breaking entirely only several meters away, putting it in park and exiting the vehicle. "Hey", he calls out loudly, what the hell is going on here?"

Last edited by thetruegarsot on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:25 am 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Response to Creator's and Goat's post:

What had Guillaume gotten himself into?

Those were the exact thoughts that raced through his mind as he stood there before Ashley and Tanya.

"Woah! You have some interesting questions there Cher, but I may only have some time to answer a few of them."

He smirked as he placed one hand on his hip, and the other stroked his beard. This was indeed one of those situations that the old man had to wondered if he should of just drove away.

That was not in his nature though, and Guillaume would kick himself later if he allowed harm to come others. Such harm that a man like ol' Guillaume could easily settle.

Ashley's comment about Tanya being the "strangest thing" she has seen in this town gave Guillaume a soft chuckle. It was clear by the girl's age she was unaware of the world that existed beyond this town. A world that Guillaume was very familiar with. Which is why Tanya was was a someone or something that Guillaume was honestly unsure about.

"Chocolate may be the last thing this woman needs." He said aloud towards Ashley.

" To be certain though she do need some sort of protection from unwanted eyes."

He knew he did indeed carry a few blankets in the back of his wagon. Maybe even some extra clothes of sorts for her to wear. Though he could tell by the wild woman's expression that she was not a fan of "public places." Who could blame something in her position?

Even when Ashley had made her comment about not trusting "old men" who carried guns. He could not blame her on that either. After all. He was just some old Cajun with a fully automatic assault rifle slung over his shoulder. Now that he thought about it. He did come off maybe a little weird, but that was just Guillaume being himself.

It was about the time when Ashley had decided she had enough, and was set to leave. That the same chill that went down her spine. Had too went down Guillaume's. The color in face had all but dissipated. As his posture changed from relaxed to tensed.

"We need to get off the road..Now!" Yelled Guillaume as he raced towards his wagon. He wasn't sure what exactly had happen, but that chill in the air. It was not natural, far from it. He swung open the driver's side door of his wagon, and chucked his Ak in the back seat. He turned and had glared back towards the two women. Hopefully, they had understood his words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to Shadow's post

The two other deputies whom still stood just outside the station. Were left dumbstruck at the sight of what had just occurred to their fellow officer. It wasn't so much about the boy himself, but the fact that they just watched one of their own be disintegrated by acts of god knows what. The body, or what had been left of it. Was only a hollow husk of a corpse. Burned to a crisp, and left to roast beneath the rays of a hot summer's day. To make matters worse. The boy, or whatever he was seemed to just of brushed off the death. Then just like that. The boy had disappeared from sight.

Matt had still been seated at his desk. Oblivious of what just transpired outside his office.Very much to the point. That when the figure of a boy had appeared and disappeared outside his office window. Matt would only of been able to of caught a brief glimpse at the figure. Before one of his deputies rushed in to report about the body.

"Matt! You need to see this!"

The sight of the now rotted away corpse of a former deputy had been rather hard to look at. Matt stood among several other uniformed officers whom had been horrified at the sight. Three deaths in one day. Let alone one of those said deaths being one of their own. Could this be a coincidence, or a omen? Matt sighed, and rested his arms around his head. He noticed the other officers who had gawked at the corpse. Now with their attention on him. After all he was Sheriff, and the actions he took now. Were either going to be praised or hated.

"Alright folks. Enough standing around. Someone call the coroners office, and see if they get someone down here."

He was really tempted to stop over at Aunt Cait's Blue Moon Bar, and drink himself into a drunken stupor. Yet he was on duty, and knew he was better off sober then drunk. He glanced over the body one last time. Before he asked one of the officers to head back inside the station. He needed some type of sheet to cover the the officer. This was not right. To leave the poor man out in the open like this. He can't sat he even knew the deputy well, or that he even asked their name. This struck a cord with Matt. One which he wished he could change about himself. That cord that reminded him that no matter how far he ran. He never would be able to escape the man he was. Only then did he feel a sudden chill in the air. A chill that caused him, and the rest of the deputies whom stood out there by the body. To turn towards each other, and back at the body. Matt shrugged, and knew this was going to be a long day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to cuteharuna's post

Dr. Richards had been with his 3:30 appointment.

"Now Mr. Joshnson. How long have you suffered from these night terrors?" Asked Issac as he stood up against his desk.

"Almost 40 years or more. I can't keep track anymore."

Issac nodded, and jotted down some notes in his book.

"Please go into detail Mr. Johnson."

His patient, a local fishermen, and a older gentlemen at that. Had came to Dr. Richard's office after no longer able to bare the nightmares that had plagued him since childhood.

"It started at the age of 8. When I had first started to hear the voices from the lake."

Dr. Richards listened. His eyes fixated on his patient, and nothing else.

"I would head towards the lake each day. With my fishing pole and bait." Recalled the old fishermen as he laid there rested against the lounge chair Issac kept in his office for patience. " Some days I would bring a old lunchbox my father bought for me, and filled it with treats. Treats for the children.."

He continued on about his experiences as a child. Some of it harder to understand, as he mixed several slurs and hesitated in the manner that he spoke. Though in truth. The old man didn't need to really speak. Issac could already tell, and maybe even see into the man's past.

"Tell me about the "children." Inquired Issac as he glared up at the clock. "Hmm, we are close to our time Mr. Johnson." The old man squirmed in his seat, and turned towards Issac.

"They were real! I am not crazy you know! They spoke to me, and promised that if I dragged others into the lake. They allow me to be with them..." Issac nodded, and reassured the man with a smile.

" I am sure they were, and I know we will need to talk about it more next week." The old fishermen responded with a nod in confirmation. He stood up from the seat, and approached Issac to shake his hand. Issac caught the man's gaze with his own. He was not one to shake other's hands in private, and he had good reasons for it. With that in mind. Issac snapped his fingers, and once again repeated his montra.

"Awake Mr. Johnson." The man halted in place, and went into a short spasm.

It took only what could be described as seconds, but in those very seconds. The man's mind went from eager to share about his childhood. To rather grumpy, and filled with aches.

"Alright Mr. Johnson. I think we made a great breakthrough today." The fishermen blinked, but could respond with a subtle nod. So out he went from Issac's office. A bit confused with his treatment, but accepted it none the less. After all Issac was a professional, and he had a way with words that made his patience feel fine..At least in some strange concept it did.

After the fishermen had left his office. Issac approached his receptionist Lerisia.

"Hello dear, how are you?" He said as he gave her smile.

As he stood there. He noticed the blood on her finger. "Finger cut?" He frowned, and looked for a napkin in his suit. "I am sure I have something for this."

As he reached around his suit, and through his pockets. A sudden chill rushed down his spine, "What the hell was that?"

He glared down at Lerisia.

"Did you feel that?"

Public Post

It had either been between 3 pm or 3:30 pm.

When Miss Lisa Adeline stood atop a ladder in front of large bookcase.

Her goal today was to get those pesky last few books way above on the top shelf organised. Though in truth she had plenty of time to do so. As head librarian at the town's only library. She really didn't have much to do. There were books to catalog. Records to be filed in their proper places. Even brand new computers the mayor had installed to learn how to operate. Infact there were several things that she could of done instead. Yet she preferred the simple things, and by all means she was a simple women for it.

She was a thin thing, Miss Adeline.

From her head down to her feet.

Around the age of 35, she had been a woman that at first glance. Was very plain in visuals, and personality. From the way she wore her buttoned white blouse. To how her short black skirt seemed just long enough to cover any unpleasent areas. Even her auburn colored hair had been tied up in a neat bun. She was in all aspects a simple woman. Who enjoy her books. Only today was special. Very special for Miss Adeline. A day in which her life, and the lives of those who have too shared a love for the classics. Would be awoken into a world that has not been viewed upon since the early days of the town.

"Almost there..." Said Adeline as she pressed against the ladder. The full force of her 130 pound body leaned up against it. The last book had found it's sport on the shelf, and with it brought Adeline a sense of accomplished pride. She took a moment with a satisfied smile on her face.

"Now isn't this lovely.." As she was about to finish her words. A sudden chill down her spine caused her to loose her footing. The ladder tipped, and toppled. Which caused her to shriek out in fear as she tried her best to keep it leveled, but it was sadly in vain. The next thing she knew. She had crashed backwards into the next bookcase. Her back being smashed against the wooden frame of it. The pain which now developed through her entire spine caused her to black out.

Next thing she knew.

One of the other Librarians. Miss Jo'lean had her rested against a sofa. With some pillows placed behind her bruised back.

" Damn it Lisa! Girl you are lucky you are not dead!"

Jo'lean was a middle aged black woman who Lisa liked. A woman in her mid 50's, Jo'lean was very much a staple around the library.

To Jo'lean every book had a purpose. Every story had an adventure. Even the very basic of plots had something excited in store for those willing to read them. Lisa respected that about the woman, and wished she too shared the damn dedication. In all truth. Lisa had grown bored of her life, and wished for me. Jo'lean at times would catch Lisa bored out of her mind. Her head stuffed between the pages of some weird romance novel.

"Can you move, is your back fine?" Jo'lean inquired as she brought over two cups of coffee.

Lisa nodded, her back sore but not broken. "I did not fall on purpose..something pushed me." Described Lisa as Jo'lean handed over one of the cups. "I believe you Lisa, but how could you of been pushed when no one else was around?" Lisa shrugged, and blew on the cup of coffee.

"I am not sure, but it felt as if it had been a chill unlike no other. One that felt like the grave.."

Jo'lean's expression had turned into a frown. "A chill like the grave..."

Then Jo'lean realized something very dark in subject matter.."The Old Blood..."

Jo'lean jumped up out of her own seat, and glared at Lisa.

"We need to go to the school...now!"

Lisa raised a brow out of confusion.

"In the summertime!? Why!?"

Jo'lean shook her head. "Will explain on the way, but for now we need to go!"

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 am 

So the monster thingy was a skateboard…according to the female at least. She smiled at the female.
“I am Tanya of Tangorn.” She spoke proudly. She was named first because she was the smartest of the two of them. She had the right to be proud and to be in charge.
She still wanted to flee for this was a situation that Tanya was not familiar about. A new female human who talked to her nicely and a new male human who had a banger yet talked nice. She kept her legs tighten in a fleeing motion in cause she needed to flee. Yet she wanted answers to her questions.
The male human then spoke about how she had interesting questions which made her proud and perhaps a little less alert. It was then that the female human tossed a chocolate bar towards her. But when she started to go get the chocolate, the male human spoke again about how chocolate was not what she needed. She was confused for she was told that chocolate was something that she would always need chocolate. At least that was what she was taught a long time ago. Maybe this was one of the things that changes with life? Something that when someone grows up, one doesn’t need anymore? But she loved the chocolate best of all! How could she live without chocolate?
And whatever protection is…..well, she has lived this long without protection so she could always live without protection. She was beginning not to trust either of them. Perhaps the chocolate the female human threw was bad chocolate and not the good chocolate?! Maybe the male human wanted to take her away and hurt her like They wanted to. They were very cruel to her the one time she met them. They held her down and hurt her insides as well as her outsides then she got very sick a moon later. Langorn did not forgive her for a very long time after that and they had many arguments after that. That was long time ago. A very long time ago and she would not ever forget that mistake- no not ever.
Suddenly a cold feeling came over Tanya- one that made her fear some unknown Something. She stretched up onto her tiptoes to look about, twisted one way then the other. She could see nothing and when one sees nothing to fear then it was time to think about fleeing. It was then that the human male shouted, making her drop to all fours then bolted for the side of road where there was some thick brush where she could be safe- hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:19 pm 

I have come back!

The scent of blood was insignificant, but Lerisia could still smell it. She kept looking at it for several seconds, as if the vibrant color red hypnotize her. Lerisia has fallen into daydreaming once again, her eyes frowned, allowing her exhaustion to embrace her into submission. The color red of blood was mesmerizing she wondered and yet, it was the most ghastly color on her experience as a woman. She hoped never to see it again in any other way. Lerisia blinks and just like that, comes back to realize that she has wasted 2 minutes by staring at a bloodstained finger. How dense of her. Lerisia looks around for a box of napkins, finds the box on her right and reaches for it with her left arm, only to realize it was empty. "Sh*t..." she murmured to herself, turning her head around and placing the box aside. Of course, moving her arm too quickly after placing the box to her left, and without looking, made her tossed her family photo down and break the glass protector on it. Lerisia moved her head to see the photo stand in the floor. She closes her eyes and let out a deep breath. "Oh, for the love of-"

The sound of a door opening is heard and coming from it was Dr. Richard and his patient, Mr. Johnson. Lerisia turned to face them and saw that Mr. Johnson was quite....dumbfounded. It apparently went somewhat well with Dr. Richard, not that Lerisia expected the best results ever. "Have a good day, Mr. Johnson...We see you next time. " Lerisia said, with a soft but firm tone. Mr. Johnson wave back and nodded. Lerisia tried to hide her slightly bloody finger underneath her desk until he was gone, except Dr. Richard approached her and saw it.

Lerisia looked him back, and after asking her about the finger cut, Lerisia just shake her head looking down. "It's nothing too bad... I just...um, I was careless...How did it go?" Lerisia smiled lifting her head and seeing the doctor was looking for a tissue. He was such a nice man, Dr. Richard...kindness perhaps was too little of a definition for him. Appreciation and admiration was something Lerisia started to feel towards him...and a sudden raw chilling sensation that navigated through her back so fast.

Hold on...Lerisia stopped her thinking. Something felt just abnormal. What was that cold feeling of distress she just experienced? Lerisia looked up at the Dr. Richard after his question. "What"? her voice was soft, as if she could not let words out too easily. Lerisia turned her head to see her surroundings.

"A chilling sensation...you also felt it?"

Jon stopped at the question, annoyed and a bit concerned. It seems Hannes was up to not good, he thought. He wasn't stupid and blind as his mother was about Hannes, he knew how cunny she was and how his half-sister liked to have her way, which made Jon more miserable and distant. He can't help but to accept that his family are emotionally abnormal. He turned to face her, his eyes focusing on her frigid image that was his family, or what he believes is, the embodiment of his oppression. Jon placed his hand on his hip and the other holding onto his backpack, tight it. He has no patience for her at this time.

"Go yourself" Jon hissed under his breath.

Hannes raised her eyebrows, tilted her head slightly to the left, and lips turned downwards. "I can't, I need someone to com-"

"I said go yourself. If you need someone, go get an adult 'cause I am not babysitting your petty ass." Jon's patience was already low. That was fast, but it wasn't the first time. Patience wasn't his nature and he knows that. His mother knows that. Hannes knows that, and yet she still asked. He knows Hannes was trying to teased him into something.

"You do know that I am your little sister, right? and that mother isn't with us, right?" Hannes crossed her arms, her hips moving to the left. Hannes Salem, with such a long red-orangeish hair that reached her lower buns and attitude of a selfish brat, was wearing a green-blue, loose shirt that exposed one of her shoulders, with dark brown shorts and sneakers with style. She did not wear make-up, obviously. She didn't need to as she seem herself pretty enough. Beauty was indeed a blessing for little Hannes, that's one thing she has to admit about having the genes of her mother. "If I were to ask another adult, I would...." Hannes protested. "But I trust my brother better than the rest of the town. Well, you and mother at the least"

Jon sighed and looked away, rolling his eyes. There she goes again, thinking of her family as a shield, and what the hell did she meant by "the least"? with that said, does she mean that him and their mother are basically there to protect her all the time and put up with her self-centered behaviour? Jon just couldn't help but smirk of disgust. "That's kind of sweet...do you expect me to believe that bullshit? If I were to know you would trust me, I have you jump in a lake full of sh*t. That would make me believe in your words." Jon turned to walk away and after that sentence, Hannes didn't hesitate to reach to him and run to the front to stop him.

"Can you at least come with me for a few minutes?! Is that so much to ask?" Hannes asked as she confronted her brother. "It won't take too much of the time, and besides, anything happens to me while mother is away is your responsibility as my second guardian. You can't leave me go to a place you don't know alone." and at that moment, at that exact word, something strange happened. Both Hannes and Jon stared at each other, fixed into each other's eyes as if they both sense the same feeling. A frigid sensation ran through their backs, stopping their previous thoughts of each other at the time. Hannes hold onto her arms and looked down; Jon took a short breath and moved his eyes around. "What the f*ck?" was their line of thought.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

((Post to Shadow, Lep, Goat to free up posting for characters. ))

It is a strange concept, yet a humorous one. The idea of the unknown, and the things people try to comprehend. The theory that we are not alone on this planet, and yes even this solar system. Maybe even the concept that reality is rarely ever real, but some obscured figment of our bleak imagination. Such is the case with Mayor Eli. For you see he was a man who relished in the fact that he held all the cards. That each step he took was not random, but a calculated risk. One which he already had knolwedge of the outcome. He was man destined for greatness. At least in his mind he was.

Sadly for Mr. Eli, fact is stranger then fiction.

It had been still around 3 in the afternoon. When the mayor, and his secretary had been seated in their ..personal mode of transportation. A large limo sized Lincoln that had paid for by generous contributors to his mayoral companion. Of course said "contributors" were kept rather hidden from the public. To most that would like corruption in the government. A subject these days very looked down at by those who voted him into office. Then again, was the mayor even voted in? That is a subject for another time. As for now, the mayor was about to meet with his star attraction.

"It seems like the next piece is already in play." Commented Miss Wilson as she held her tablet.

"The next peice." That Miss Wilson had vaguely indicated to the Mayor. Was the arrival of one Mr. Billy D. Blayde. A rock sensation that the Mayor was very much interested in making the acquaintance of. The rockstar, unbeknownst to himself, would the first pawn in a game of chess. A chess game in which the Mayor had pitted some very interesting peices against each other. There were still some peices left out in the open as possible wildcards, but Eli was sure he find a place for them on his board. As for now. He would play things very subtle, and allow his pawns to feel at home. To rest in their squares, and lower their guards just enough to be manipulated.

Their vechichle had stopped right infront of Feign's flowershop. "Would you like me to come in with you?" Asked Miss Wilson as Eli reached for his hat that had been placed beside him. "Sure! Your good looks could kill a mountain lion Miss Wilson." She grinned at that comment. "Why thank you." Eli grinned as well. "Shall we introduce ourselves to our star?" Miss Wilson nodded, and reached to open the passenger's side door. As Eli and Miss Wilson approuched the shop. The same chill in the air struck the both of them again. Eli chuckled, and turned towards Miss Wilson. "It would of seemed that the old ****ing is still rather ****. Well I tell you this. She is going to be more **** when I set this town ablase with splendor." He let out another chuckle, and grinned. He opened the door to the flower shop, and Miss Wilson entered through the door first. This was to draw the eye of Billy, to attract him with some eye candy. Afterall, Miss wilson was a rather heavenly endowed woman with looks to match. Eli entered second, and as he did. His thick, and loud virginia accent came out.

"Well bless my soul! Mr. Billy D. Blayde! It is a pleasure to meet your aquantence!" He reached for his hat, and tipped it towards Billy, and towards Feign and Astrid. " Also the rather charming ladies of our wonderful town! Ain't they lovely!?" He smirked, and turned back towards Billy. "I must admit I am rather ashamed. That I did not give you the proper greetings that a man of your stature deserved!" The mayor continued to speak, and at the same time. Miss Wilson had begun to make herself more familiar with Billy. She latched herself unto his arm, and gave him a wink. "I am sorry ladies, but me and Mr Billy have some rather important things to talk about. Ain't that right Billy!?" Insinuated the Mayor as he nodded towards the rockstar. He gave Astrid, and feign another nodd. "I promise ladies that Billy will be back shortly after I get him set up in town at our charming motel. He and I need to hammer out a few things."With that, Miss Wilson walked billy out of the flower shop. Without even saying a word to both Feign and Astrid. It was still a bit strange, but so was this town.

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:03 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Micky started to search his pockets, listening to what Sam had to say about keeping him out of trouble, though of course after they both shivered Sam had to ask the one question that Micky really didn't want to answer. He would use the time that it took to find his cigarettes and his lighter, along with the time it took to take one out and light it. He used that time to think about the question, did he really want to tell Sam that all of those things were real, that behind the thin mist most choose not to see through lays almost completely different world then that most humans wish to know of. If he did tell Sam about all of the towns little secrets, should he also give up his own?
Taking a long drag from the cigarette, blowing the smoke out his nose he would look over to his friend. Who he really hadn't known that long, it was only in the last month that they really started to hang out and get closer. His dark yellow eyes, slowly scanning his body, like a wolf sizing up his pray. "Sam, that question only leads to a lot of ****ing up ****, this town has a lot of skeletons in its closet. Probably more then a town this size should really have." He let out a soft sigh, taking another quick drag. The smoke being blown away from his friend. "But, since you asked. Yeah, every last story is true, at least in some way." He would shrug at the last part, yet that wasn't the end of what the young werewolfnhad to say.

"But now I got something to ask you, what do you think I am if everything about this town is true?" He would ask, taking another drag. He was sure that Sam had noticed things about him, the sharp, canine like teeth, dark yellow eyes, he was pretty sure he had even growled and snarled infront of Sam. Once he thought about, maybe he should just give one quick one to help Sam figure this out.

His lips would part slightly as he holds his cigarette in his fingers. After a moment Micky's lip would move a bit as he would start to snarl like a wolf, it would last for only a moment before it stopped. The young man eyeing up his friend, waiting to see how he would react to the realization that his new friend is a werewolf. Of course Sam wasn't the only one to hear his snarl, as the two had continued to walk down the street a few people passed by, looking around them as they searched for a wolf.

-----------

Astrid was just about to ask her questions, though suddenly the mayor and his assistant came into the shop. Which made Astrid turn and rise a eye brow. The mayor usually wanted nothing to do with the small business that weren't tourist trap, which unfortunately her shop had become, she had seen the mayor in her shop a few times, talking to her employees about how the weapons were made and such, she did tell her employees how he made the weapons and arms, but the details were.. A bit misleading as to how she actually did.

The mayor didn't really even look towards the two woman who were in the shop, that was fine though. As Astrid was more interested at looking at Miss Wilson, who was looking as good as ever. She has been alive long enough to know that it's more fun when you can go either way.

Once the mayor, and his assistant dragged the man, who's name is apparently Billy, out of the shop Astrid would look back to Feign, a eye brow raised up. "So, that was weird huh?.. Anyways, what kind of flowers do you think would work well for a smith shop? Remember most things are made of iron or steel, with leather, i mean I think some dark colours would work. But you are the one who owns a flower shop." The large dragon woman would smile, as she did it seems like dark, black smoke came from the corners of her mouth.

The smoke was coming from deep inside of Astrids core, where the glans that allowed her to breath fire sat. The more her body heated up the more smoke she would produce, Miss Wilson always got her all heated up, that and she did find Feign rather cute, she started to wonder if the cute girl was seeing anyone. Suddenly she would shake her head, sighing softly. "Ahh, sorry, totally spaced there. So, flowers, or maybe some kind of other planet?"

-------------

Ashley stood off to the side of the road, a annoyed look on her face as she looked around at the group that started to form. A new car rolling up behind the old man, a large man getting out, calling to everyone. She just sighed at this point, things had just gotten so weird why to quickly got her, she was even excluding the stuff that happens to her and Micky.

Suddenly it seemed everyone shivered at the same time, she looked around a bit confused. Did she miss something, or maybe there was a wind that she just didn't feel it? She would just have to shrug, watching the old guy freak out and throw his gun back into his car, trying to get her to get in as well. "Yeah, **** you dude, I'm not getting in your car." She said, stepping onto her board, the other girl who was, well she wasn't sure what she was, ran off into the bushes.

As she started her way down the road she sighed, having lost all of her speed when she had to stop. "****, this is going to take me way to long with out that speed.." she said, looking back as the old guy drove off, once he passed her, she would put her thumb out for the other car. Hoping at the least that they would let her hold onto the car so she could get back into town.

Last edited by CanadianWolf on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:27 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

It seemed that his question had been one to be a bit...troublesome...or something like that for Micky. Taking his time grabbing whatever it was from his pocket, and to Sam, it seemed the taller, older male was thinking about an answer to give in return to what was asked. That was alright though, he could take all the time he wanted, as Samuel was usually very patient. The only ones he lost that patience with was his little brother and rude people, and as Micky was neither of these, well, it was a-okay. Slowing their pace in walking, Sam reaches up and places his hands behind his head again, linking his fingers together as he waited for Micky to say something, anything.

After a moment, and once Micky had finished fishing out whatever it was from his pockets, turning out to be a lighter and cigarettes, he finally replied to Sam. And even then, it was a few minutes before the words came from his mouth, because at first, when Sam looked over, he saw Micky eying him. Sizing him up, as if to see something, check something....what? What was it? Quirking a brow at this, Sam kept quiet, the curious expression glowing his eyes even brighter, a smile cracking his lips when finally Micky's voice filled his ears. He had not asked for confirmation of the question itself, but for affirmation from another person. To make sure that he was not the only one seeing and sensing the strange things all around himself. Relief poured through his veins, and he sighed a bit, the relief he felt within showing on his face and in the way his shoulders slumped to a relaxed point. He may have looked at ease before, but now...it was even more evident at how on edge he'd really been.

Micky then asked his own question, and Samuel turned his head to look over at him. His eyes glowed gently, and at first, he was quiet, before the biggest grin broke free on his face. "What do I think you are? You're my friend, duh!" He laughs a bit, the smile growing if it was possible, even bigger than before. Since the beginning, he could tell that Micky was different. That he wasn't like the others. There were a few here and there he could sense weren't quite like the rest of the populace in Evergreen, but they didn't draw him in like Micky. For some reason, there was something...magnetic about the guy.

He still remembered how they'd met, a little over a month ago. Sam had been walking out on the streets, in a bit of the more...shady part of town, if that were a thing when he had accidentally run into some thugs doing their thing. Of course, Samuel had meant to not cause trouble, but he HAD seen them doing something probably against the law, and of course, they couldn't have him running off to the police, so deigned to see that Sam didn't...speak. To anyone. Again. Knocking him to the ground, sprawled in the dirt, they'd converged on him, but before they could even lay one finger on him, they were put out, laid out on their asses. The whole time Sam had his face covered, but he slowly lowered his arm, and saw but one guy standing there, fists tight, back to him. But after a moment, after the thugs had run off Micky turned to him, and gave him that look. Samuel had been hooked, and from there they'd been friends. (though it took a bit of convincing at first...and a near fistfight the next day!) Of course, after he'd gotten up off the ground and dusted the dirt off of his clothes...and exchanged names. Apparently, the thugs had **** Micky off, so it meant that Micky hadn't been there to save him, but hey. All's well that ends well, right?

At the snarl, all Sam could do was chuckle a bit, and nudges Micky with his elbow, not moving his hands from the back of his head. "Hey, don't worry about it, dude. I'm no beginner when it comes to that kind of thing." He gives another grin and winks like a goofball, but it was all in good fun. "Your secret is safe with me. After all...we're friends, aren't we? That's what friends are for!" He chuckles softly then, hoping Micky believed him. Samuel had meant what he'd said because he'd meant every word.

~*~*~*~

Feign was about to say something else when the Mayor stepped in, along with that broad Miss Wilson. Of course, the smile that she wore didn't slip once, as they pretty much stole Billy away, and ignored her presence, leaving the shop in nearly no time at all, so it was just herself and Astrid. She blinks in confusion, several times, before Astrid spoke up, saying exactly what was on Feign's mind. That was indeed...weird. Turning her head from the door, which she had been staring at, Feign nods at Astrid, smiling a bit more. "Yes, that had been very strange. I wonder what it was all about?" She shrugs a little bit, deciding not to think about it too much because it didn't take too long before the original reason why Astrid was here was brought up again.

Tilting her head, she brings her forefinger to her chin and bottom lip, a thoughtful expression on her face as she pondered the question. Good flowers or plants for a blacksmith shop... Well, if it was one of all irons and leathers, she thought that the best thing would be... Her face brightens, almost glowing in fact, as a thought pops up in her mind. "I know! Follow me!" Gesturing at first for Astrid to follow, she then absentmindedly reaches out and grabs the taller woman's hand. Her mind hadn't even been thinking about, her body had kind of...moved on its own. Feign's much smaller hand grasped gently onto Astrid's, thin, delicate fingers curling around the others. Her skin was extremely soft to the touch. She'd completely missed the zone out that Astrid had gone through, and turns, gesturing for the taller female to follow her. She hadn't missed, though, the smoke that had been curling from the corners of Astrid's mouth, though thought it would be best if she'd just kept...quiet.

Carefully stepping through the greenhouse glass door to the side that was connected to the main house, she goes down a couple of aisles before coming to a stop in front of a bunch of potted plants, small, medium, and large. They were all colorful, ranging from yellow to purple, red and orange, and even blue and a light green looking color. It took a moment to realize that she was still holding onto Astrid's hand, before she blinks, her eyes growing wide and she gets an embarrassed blush on her cheeks, before she lets go of her hand, letting her own fall to her side, and for a moment turning away. "Sorry about that, I don't know what I was thinking." Facing Astrid again, she smiles, giving an apologetic smile, the pink still on her cheeks. She then takes a breath and clears her throat a bit, before she sways her hand towards them, as if in some showcase of artwork. And to Feign, well, flowers WERE like works of art. So it made sense why she was so proud of them.

"I think that for a place like yours, a bunch of colors to contrast the darks of your metals and leather would be lovely! Pansies, poppies, and fuschia are the best way to go, as they are quite hardy flowers and can survive by themselves. Also, snapdragons are a good way to go as well! They are all very colorful, and so very pretty." She brings her hands together happily, the glow on her face grew as she kept talking about her plants. "If you would like, I can come and plant some for you, pick out good places where they would contrast nicely to your shop." She pauses a second and then gives a wave of her hand. "Ah, but that is only if you would like!" Holding her hands to chest, fingers folded, she waited with bated breath to see what Astrid would say, or do. Hopefully, her suggestion was a good one, as she knew that Astrid had originally asked for darker colors.

~*~*~*~

After disappearing from the sheriff's office, he made a quick choice. He didn't want to go home yet. Not yet. It was too soon for that, and besides, it was so dreadfully lonely there, all by himself. Now on the other side of town, he casually walked along, the white creature thing sitting on his shoulder like that of a pirate with his parrot. In his hand was his cane, which he twirled around slowly, an absentminded expression on his face, a blank look in his eyes. He was on a quiet side street, or was it a back lane? He couldn't quite remember, but what he knew was that it was narrow and empty. Very, very empty. His footsteps echoed around him with each step he took, but at the end, he could see a light, which meant a larger street was up ahead.

As he walked, he hummed softly under his breath, before he breaks out in song, his voice echoing all around, and...quite nice. "Arashi no umi wo wakatte-iku. Seken wa seigi no ame wo furasu. Yogoreta nimotsu, waraeru kurai gomi mitai. Demo dou shiyou mo naku taisetsu de. Hey Ho! Stormy seas, dareka kara no S.O.S. Zutto mimi wo fusaide-kita kono boku ni... Whoa-oh...Hey Ho! Stormy seas, dareka kara no scream of silence. Kono arashi no naka, fune wo dasu yuuki nante boku ni aru no kai." After he'd finished the words, words that were obviously Japanese, he simply hums the rest of the song, but when he gets to the lighted exit, he quiets down, hearing words. Two people, one male, one female, and it was obvious the male was...annoyed.

Just as the cold passes, he steps out from the alley, right between them. The cane he was carrying rested gently on the opposite shoulder of the white creature, and his hat sat tilted gently to one side. He kept walking, a few steps forward past them, before coming to a stop, though doesn't turn to look at them. In fact, he was more staring straight ahead, almost as if he hadn't even realized those two kids had been there in the first place. He was looking at the building ahead of him. It was a brick and wood building, two stories. A shop was on the first floor, while the second was used for an apartment. And it was in one piece. Not like he remembered leaving it years ago, burned to a crisp, a pile of brick and mortar, the buildings next to it charred and burned in places as well.

"E-to...Nani...?" Why? Why did they build it again? Was it so people could live there again? He knew the people who had lived there originally were dead...Probably ghosts too, haunting the place. All he could do was shake his head, his red hair swaying gently with the motion. Humans made absolutely no sense at all. After a moment, he tears his eyes away from the building, and slowly looks around him, left, then right, and then behind him, finally seeing the boy and the girl standing there. He blinks slowly, a blank expression on his face like usual. Who were they? He'd never seen them before...

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:29 pm 

John stood there trying to make sense of what he just witnessed, staring blankly at the young woman who now stands alone in the road with giving a thumbs up with an outstretched arm. The other woman that was apparently naked jetted off into the nearby brush and ended up out of sight before he could call for her while the older gentleman with the rifle went into his truck and drove off. It was the young woman on the skateboard that seemed to be the only one to give notice of his presence. "This place just keeps getting stranger," he mumbles aloud to Ambrosia who is peering at the youngster with her hand out.

"I think she is looking for a lift, dear," she says softly as she motions with her head at the direction of the stranger.

"Huh," his eyes leave the old man's truck that is going out of view and settles on the girl with the skateboard. "You need a ride?" He calls out to her.

Ashley was more or less just staring at John and his car, kinda waiting for him to notice her. It took him a bit longer then she thought it would, he did notice though.
"Yeah dude, you can just drop me off anywhere in town." She said, before lighting stomping on the back of her board, flicking it up so it would reach up to her hand. She would bring it up to her hand, holding it in the middle, grip tape facing outward.

"So dude? Can you and your lady give me a ride? I don't even have to get in the car. I'll just hold onto the back. You can't do more then forty though, gets a bit hard to control with the speed after that." She laughs, rubbing the back of her head as she walks towards the Car.

"Uhh," John looks on as the young woman approaches the vehicle with the board in her hand, "well I don't think that would be necessary. You can just go ahead and ride with us inside the car." He closes his door before reaching for the handle of the back seat and gestures for the girl to enter. "What about that other girl that was standing in the road? Is she going to be ok?"

Ashley would have to shrug as the man asked about the other girl. "Don't know, but something tells me she'll be just fine." She said, opening the back door and hoping into the car, putting her board down beside her. "Thanks for the ride by the way."

He looked at the young girl as she made herself comfortable in the backseat of the car, placing her skateboard next to her, thinking about the other girl that ran off, "Maybe," he responded quietly while putting his eyes back into the direction of the other girl, "I just don't like the idea of an exposed young woman running around out here while crazy old men are toting assault rifles around. Just give me a moment," he nods as he closes the door and gives a quick glance to his wife who looks at him with a twinkle in her eyes as he steps towards the path the naked woman went.

"Perhaps she is close by," Ambrosia calls out to him as she instinctively walks to him after leaving the car with the skateboarding girl. "Oh young girl," she calls out, her melodic voice that was once used to capture the ears and hearts of men and lure them to their deaths carrying over the area.

Ashley sighed softly, maybe she should have taken the ride with the old guy anyway? This was more of a pain then she thought it would be, but she was still greetful for the ride.

the young punk wasn't really paying attention to the older woman, that was till she called out to her husband, her voice was, well nothing like she had ever heard before. Unknown to her, but the look on her face was a mix of a deer caught in headlights, along with just awestruck of the voice.

Unknown to Ashley as well, the woman who sat in the car with her, had probably seen that look and many more like it many times over. "W-what the hell?" She shook her head, not sure what to think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:15 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

((Post to Goat, Creator, True.))

"You can't save everyone."

This was a phrase that Matt himself comprehended and had lived by. A phrase that he and several like him had uttered in times of extreme duress, and uncertainty. It was this same phrase that Matt had uttered at the cabin in the woods, and when the burned corpse of a fallen deputy had been zipped up in a body bag. A part of him wanted to break down, and cry his sorrows away like a baby. Another part of him would of preferred to drink himself into a drunken stupor. Yet he knew neither one of those preferences were his to make. He had to remained as he was now. Calm, focused, and determined. Determined to bring whomever or whatever committed these crimes to justice.

Though he knew that he needed to clear his head for a bit. So once the paper had been completed with the coroner's office. Matt, against he better judgement, decided to take his squad car and drive around for a bit. His deputies, even though they were still in mourning for their own, had respected Matt's decision to clear his head. They too had shared the same troublesome thoughts in their own heads. One of their own had been set a blaze, and not a single officer could of done anything to help. This was the evil of the town. A dark shroud that covered the town in a blanket of fear. Fear of a presence that haunted the minds of every god fearing local in town. Said presence being the ever so familiar existence of the folk. Even with their existence being a cryptic old wives tale. Several of the townsfolk still did believe in these legends, and even as representatives of the law. So did many of the deputies.

As Matt drove up the road towards the town. Matt had noticed something strange up ahead. There appeared to be someone's car parked on the side. Maybe someone had gotten lost, or was in need of assistance. He reached over towards his dashboard, and unlatched his mic from the radio.

"This is Sheriff Andrews to station,over."

"This is station, whats up Matt?, over."

"I have what looks to be some type of dark blue sedan, parked on the side of the road. Going to check if they need assistance. Over."

"Rodger Matt, but would you like some backup Matt? We wouldn't blame you given the current **** going on. Over"

Matt slowed down his patrol car a bit, and thought to himself. Could he use some backup? He knew that given everything that had went down today. That maybe some backup couldn't hurt, but then again. He contemplated in his head that he could handle the situation himself, and not risk the lives of other deputies today.

"Nah I'm good, I'll radio back to the station once I'm finished here. Over."

Matt pulled over to the side of the road, a few feet from the blue sedan. He sighed softly, and opened the driver's side door of his patrol car. He called out towards the car before him, as not to spook them.

"Sheriff's department! Are you in need of assistance!?" He approached the vehicle slowly, his hand placed firmly on his holster.

((Post to Haruna.))

Issac wanted nothing then to of ignored those chills in the air, but he knew better. It was the same type of chill that harked back the days of his childhood. The early days when he had only scratched the surface of his gifts. "I think we may need to cancel the rest of our appointments today." This was unlike Dr. Richards to cancel his appointments. In fact the man rarely ever took a sick day, or a vacation for that matter. In some odd way it's almost like he was obsessed with his work. As if he needed it as much as it needed him. None the less. He had decided to give Lerisia the rest of the day off.

Issac took out his wallet, and took out a hundred dollar bill. " Lerisia. Go take out your family for a nice meal tonight. My treat." He placed the bill on her desk, and grinned. "I think I will head home a bit early today. There is something I need to take care of." As he finished his words. Another chill ran down his spine, and caused him great discomfort. He grimaced, and tried his best to remain calm. He knew though that this type of activity was going to cause him to become sick. If he didn't go home for his own "personal therapy." Though at this very moment. Maybe it was best he remain in his office, and continue with his daily routine. It was a rough call.

((Public post/ post to Amara.))

"Mom, those two Japanese girls are here again!" Commented Cait's son Gregory. Cait shrugged, and pointed towards the kitchen. "Then you better get yourself into the kitchen lad." Gregory sighed, and stalked off into the back of the bar. Her oldest son Tommy, who had been minding the bar, gave his mother a smile. "You'd think the boy would of learned by now how to respect the patrons." Cait leaned up against the bar. Her eyes focused upon the two Japanese sisters. " They seem like good kids." Her third son Dillon was busy sweeping around the bar. Cait turned her attention on him, and called out. "Dillon! Won't you stop what your doing for a bloody second, and get your dear mother a serving tray!" Dillion looked up towards his mother. "Yes Ma'am." Tommy once again chuckled as he started to prepare the bar for the afternoon rush. "Mum. While I was away. Did you replace me three brothers with robots or somethin?" Cait smirked, and tapped on her son's hand. "No lad, just teaching them the way of the pack." Tommy nodded as he peered down at her hand. "Where is Charles?" Cait glared up at Tommy. "Charles is...indisposed at the moment hon."

Dillion had walked out of the kitchen with a tray filled with snacks, and warm sake. The warm sake had been specialty ordered for the two sisters by Cait about a week ago. After a month or two of the girls showing up at the bar for happy hour. Cait decided to make them feel more welcome, by ordering something familiar to them culturally. "Mom do I really have to bring this tray over to them!? It feels weird, and I.." Cait cut him off with a hand placed upon his shoulder. "Lad, you are a handsome young man, and as your mother I would like to tell you that getting your little freind down there wet is not a bad thing." Dillion's pale, freckled face flashed a bright shade of red. "Mom!" Tommy blurt out into loud laughter behind the bar. "Go ahead lad! Introduce yourself to those lovely girls. You never know! Maybe you have a thing for darker bushes!" Dillion gave his brother a **** off glare. Cait raised her hands to calm Dillion. "Oh calm down hon. You know your brother is just messing with ya!" It was not hard to tell that these were her sons. Her entire clan were red haired, pale skinned, freckled, and a very Irish family. Those that was just a common trait for the clan. To really describe Cait's family. It's best not to ask too many questions about their personal affairs.

So with that. Dillion brought over the tray of food, and warm Saki for the girls. He already knew there would be more food to come. These two girls had an appetite, one that even rivaled some of their larger patrons.

H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by ChroniclesOfGrim on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 pm 

I have come back!

Eyes widened as Dr. Richard's sudden change of mind took Lerisia by surprise. In the months Lerisia had been in his office, she has seen the passionate dedication that Isaac Richards, a man of intriguing interest and kindness, had for his work. Sometimes such devotion brought feelings that one could never wish to have towards a person that has extended their hand to help, and Lerisia wished she did not felt so wretched for even allowing it to be born. Now, this act from him brought the mysterious side of Dr. Richards that Lerisia had questioned at some point. As she blinked and stare at his blue eyes, whose color appeared to be as pale as a blue winter, she did not hesitate to ask what she had on mind.

"Cancel the appointments? Forgive me for asking, Dr. Richards, but why all of the sudd-"

Lerisia saw a sudden change in the Doctor's face. It speaks of uneasiness; Discomfort within self, something that Lerisia just barely notice now. Her mind was troubled, Did something happened or was it a rare occasion? her lips painted in soft marvelous mauve closed, her eyes blinked as she nodded her head in agreement. Maybe she should not ask questions for the time being, until she could find a moment in which she can let her curiosity run wild and confront him, may the sounds of her words reach his eardrums all the way to the enigmatic side of his heart. "Of course, but please...if there's something troubling you sir, please don't hesitate to talk to me or at least-, um, At the least, allow me to help if you need it" that wasn't the exact words she was looking for. Lerisia sighed in disappointment with herself, yet she let a dry laugh out "Ah...is kind of funny from my part suggesting such a moronic comment. I, perhaps, need more of your help that you ever need of mine...."

Lerisia noticed that the Doctor reached for his wallet and placed a hundred dollar bill in front of her, still his hand was on the table and Lerisia turned to see his face with a grin. His Appreciation for her actions could not be more clear, Lerisia aimed to cheer him up and apparently, it worked in a way she did not expect. Was it really that or was something in his mind snapped him to change his expression? Regardless, the gift was too much.

"Sir, this really isn't necessary..." Lerisia stand up. "I appreciate the offer, but I did not earn this...at least not yet. Please reserve it for another time. Please, leave the office to me. You can go ahead and go out first as I am almost done with the paperwork." A small smile was formed onto her face. People have called her out for being too good-hearted but her sincerity was a virtue she was proud of bearing, even if this has brought her great pain in the past.

Jon blinked twice before snapping into reality, he shook his head lightly. Whatever feeling it went through his body was strange and, as he can put it, quite different. Yes...it was different! Ever since her came to the town, he has noticed some changes in his senses. They were not large but notable, little electrifying rays of volts that runs through his body at random, setting his body in moments of numbness and his mind in concern. What could it be, he wondered. Such experience was mysterious; It warns him of the unknown. He could not help but loved it.

In the other hand, cute little Hannes has her own interpretation of what just happened. Massaging her arms up and down, shirt sliding down from her shoulder uncovering some of her tender skin, she tried to snap out the sudden sharp, frosty sensation that went through her spine. Her hair passed in front like silken threads of gold, in which she pushed to the back of her ears quickly. Hannes looked at her brother, and knew that what just occurred was tension between her and her brother. It happens often between the two of them, well hell, even with mother and Jon whose arguments were enough to make the grim reaper anxious for tragedy. So much for a family, Hannes thought, was not surprised having such a pathetic mother and a uncontrollable brother. No, Half-brother. Hannes was never part of the life of her mother's first husband and in everyday, she is thankful for not having the blood that Jon's father has running in his veins. Sharing the insanity can bring the recipe for disaster; motto in which little Hannes, with eye color like sweet honey combs, tries to live to by not taking part of it, but by trying to controlling it. Some may ask if young Hannes, at the age of 13, is this intelligent and of course, she is...for now.

Little did they realize that a reddish blur passed in between them, as if it didn't care that they were in so close to each other. Once they snapped from their sudden chill, they both turned to the right, facing a particular figure dressed mostly in red and white. He was of normal stature, hair as red as blood and dressed in strangely fashion, such as he were from some sort of circus that Hannes and Jon used to see from TV. Hannes frowned, her face fills of curiosity on how didn't they notice his presence and marveled by the figure's choice of clothing. Jon was also taken aback, but it didn't took too long for him to just ignore the stranger.

"I gotta go" Jon wasted not time in walking away, nervously passing his hand through his black, short hair and holding onto his black backpack, it's grip a bit more tighter. This was the chance to bail out as he can. For everything he wanted today to deal with, Hannes was in the bottom of the list and even more, he didn't mind leaving her behind. Right. No time to be looking for annoying sisters, she can go f*ck herself.

"Jon" Hannes snarled, slowly turning. She saw that Jon stopped for a few seconds, then continued walking. "Jon!!!" Hannes shouted. It was useless. It did not worked. Adorable and helpless Hannes failed to get him to come with her. What would she do now? she watched him go as if their conversation did not happened, or him avoiding that their conversation was nothing, that is. Hannes should have predicted that Jon has no interest in helping her, him leaving her with a stranger was proof enough. Hannes turned back to see the red-haired boy. f*cking rat, she thought. Thanks to him, Jon went away. One would expect young Hannes to admit defeat on the spot, but as stubborn as her brother is, cute Hannes knows that she is far more determined that her brother believes.

Last edited by cuteharuna on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 pm 

Tanya was not too far off yet not close enough to see what was going on. She was deep in the thickest part of a briar rose pack hiding. However, she could hear what was going on with her extra sensitive hearing. She knew that the people were hunting for her. Fortunately for her- even though she doesn’t realize this fact- the luring voice of the woman didn’t lure her.
She stayed crouched being as still as the silent night. Her fingers were itching to get the burrs out of her long hair but she knelt on them to restrain them as she waited.
Soon Tanya heard one of the monsters slow down and stop. A voice she heard at the cabin spoke. She was now debating on fleeing or staying. This might be the one who set the fire and not Them? Now she was unsure about what was what. Too many new things were happening all at one time…….Everything that happened to her that fateful day was rushing through her mind as she waited for a clear idea to show up.
She blocked out all noise around her as she laid there with her hands on her ears and in a ball as small as she could get. She would not listen to anyone any more tonight. After she knew that everyone was gone, she would creep out and find a new place to rest. And to detangle the burrs out of her hair. She could only wish that she had her comb and stuff. Maybe she should carry stuff with her from now on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:47 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

It was late afternoon, still rather a bit early to start drinking if you asked the two girls who approached the Blue Moon bar. Still, there were already a few patrons filtering in and no doubt more would soon follow. Kukiko and her twin sister Yukiko Kitagawa, or Kori and Yuki as they were more commonly known, didn't come here for the alcohol so much as the food. Would they have a few drinks while they were here? Most likely. Was it why they came? No. Nonetheless, here they were once again. It seemed like they had basically become regulars at the establishment over the past couple of months. They weren't here every day, but they often found themselves here at least a few days a week. Yuki liked the people and Kori liked that it was generally a little less loud than the other places her sister liked to frequent.

The two girls entered the large bar and went to their usual table, given Kori's tendency to be a creature of habit. The bar was fairly quiet with only a few other patrons around. It had its usual warm, homely sort-of feel, and the owner and her sons could be seen at the bar. Yuki gave them a friendly smile and waved at them after taking her seat facing the bar. Kori glanced that way, but it was a very brief sidelong glance over her shoulder, not meant to be a greeting, but more like an acknowledgement. "Honestly, Kori. You really should learn to be more friendly!" Yuki gently scolded her sister, who shrugged with a look of relative indifference, but otherwise gave no response.

Kori had noticed from her brief glance that one of the boys had gone back into the kitchen after they arrived. Good. It should be pretty obvious by now that the two of them liked to eat, although she knew that they had to be wondering how and where the two small girls managed to pack it all away. If only they knew. Regardless, she did appreciate that they were being proactive and bringing food without even being asked. It wasn't hard to guess what they might order, as Kori was very consistent with what she ordered and Yuki would eat just about anything. Not that Kori wouldn't. In this one aspect, the twins were pretty easy to figure out. That was, of course, pretty much the only thing about them that anyone could claim to be easy to read, as the two kept everything else pretty well guarded.

It wasn't hard to overhear the conversation at the bar from their seat, especially in the relatively quiet environment. Yuki had to stifle a laugh, although she couldn't keep the smile off her face. Even Kori couldn't help but smile a little, although it almost resembled a smirk more than a smile, and she was quick to erase it before the still-red-faced boy appeared at their table with a tray of snacks and some warm sake. "Hey there!" Yuki greeted the young man with a bright, friendly smile before looking down at the tray. "Ohhhh! You brought my favorites!" she grinned as her bright, excited eyes fell on the plate of wings. "Sake, too! Thanks! You're the best!" she grinned at him, waiting patiently for the items to be placed on the table.

"Yuki. Calm down," Kori sighed, shaking her head. "Honestly. It's embarrassing," she added, although her face showed more indifference than embarrassment, and her own eyes were glued to the food just as her sister's were. "Riiiiiight. Because miss Ice Queen is capable of being embarrassed," Yuki rolled her eyes and grinned playfully. "Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" Kori shifted narrowed lavender eyes from the platter of food to her sister, who simply shrugged with an innocent smile on her face. "So, what's your name?" she asked the younger man. "I don't think I've met you yet. I'm Yuki. Yuki Kitagawa," she introduced herself with a friendly smile. "The unapproachable grouch over there is my sister, Kori. Don't mind her. She looks scary, but she's harmless. She's a big softy, really," she added with another smile, a hint of mischief in her blue eyes.

Kori narrowed her eyes and glared at her sister, letting out a somewhat exasperated sigh. "Will you quit telling people stuff like that? I'm not harmless and I'm definitely not soft," she crossed her arms, huffing lightly. "Honestly. You're going to ruin my reputation if you keep it up," she added and Yuki giggled. "Uh huh. Sure. Whatever you say, sis," she grinned. "Besides, I'm fairly certain that you don't have a reputation for me to ruin anyways," she shrugged, watching Kori narrow her eyes again. "Whatever. I might. Even if I don't, I certainly don't want to gain a reputation for being a harmless softy, which I will if you keep going around blabbering that nonsense," Kori insisted.

Yuki giggled again. "You're so serious all the time. Alright, alright. Fine. I'll just let people think you're a big scary ice queen. Have it your way," she grinned mischievously once more, watching as the steam practically poured out of Kori's ears. She then turned her attention back to the young man who was no doubt confused or taken-aback by the two, pointedly ignoring her sister's reaction. "Sorry about that. It's just so easy to mess with her. I just can't help it," she explained with a sweet, innocent smile before pausing with a somewhat contemplative look. "Although, I get the feeling that you have to deal with that from your brothers, huh? So maybe you don't sympathize with that..." she trailed off in thought for a moment before snapping herself back. "Right! Food!" she snatched a wing off the plate that had been placed on the table, then chased it with a drink of the warm sake. "Ahhhh. Perfect!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:19 am 

2nd Year (1)

Micky was rather surprised with the way Sam reacted to the news he was a werewolf, though the more he thought of it, the more he realized that society has accepted werewolves. Even if they only show, well very weird version, but Micky could laugh at them.

Micky would rise his hand, then punches Sam in the side after he elbows him. Unfortunately for Sam, Micky tends to forget his own strength, so a light punch for him was more like a full punch to humans. "Alright bud, you got my trust, and I got your back." He smiled, remember the day after the two of them first met, it wasn't exactly what most would call a good step towards becoming friends.

Micky clearly remembered the day Sam and Micky came friends, Sam had come to thank him, or something along those lines, though Micky didn't really want to deal with him, as he was forced to be at school that day, most were avoiding him, yet Sam just came right up to, started to talk. He would tell, the then unknown kid to **** off. Yet Sam just wouldn't let up, he kept trying to talk to him, by that point a small crowd had formed to watch Micky beat the **** out of another dumbass, it wasn't the first time someone from the school had seen him as a good way to get more popular, though that never worked out the way they wanted. Micky would shake his head, his thoughts getting jumbled once more. The point was that the two almost had a fight, yet now here they were.

He would be pulled back into the real world as his phone buzzed a few times. A message from Ash popping up on his screen. "Yo hoe going to be a bit, been a very weird morning dude." Which caused the tall man roll his eyes. "Looks like we are on our own bud, but I'm still going to.." Micky stopped in tracks, before groaning. "**** me man, my pot is in my bag, that's in the sheriffs truck, which.. is probably at the police station.. Wanna go break into a police station to get my pot back?" A large, wolf like grin appearing on his face, he was clearly going to do it if Sam came with him or not.

-----------------------

Astrid looked down at her hand as Feign took her hand, she was surprised at how soft her hands were. Her own were actually rather soft as, seeing as she didn't actually do any of her work while looking human.

The large woman would stare at her hand as the smaller one pulled her through her shop and into a greenhouse, only once she let go did Astrid look away from her hand. Noticing the blush of Feigns cheek, she would smile even giggle softly. "Don't worry about it, I wish more cute girls such as your self took my hand." Giving the other woman a wink before looking towards the flowers beside the two of. It was clear that Feign took great pride in her work, and why wouldn't she? All the flowers were bright, healthy, and look great. A master of her work if Astrid had ever seen one, much like she was a master of her own work. Though then again she had a lot of time to work out any problems she had, plus she had many different styles that she had to master, but the two were masters of there own craft.

Leaning down, she would take a small sniff of one of the flowers, it was bright red with a black centre. "I hope you aren't growing the poppy for the opium that they can produce." She would laugh, standing up straight, looking at the woman as she held her hands over her chest. "You know better then my self dear, I am a black smith, a traveler and.." the dragon-kin stopped her, she wasn't sure why, but Feign had a very calming, and trusting aura about her, and she almost told her the one thing no one knew about her. "Anyways why don't you bring the flowers and plants over? I'll pay for any planters or whatever that is needed, just don't go over board. I got to buy more metals." She would smile, a bit more smoke escaping her lips as Astrid had gotten her self worked up by flirting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:14 am 

Earlier that day around 1 AM

It was especially dark this night. It was around midnight, or maybe it was just random. Perhaps it was that this night was the night Skarsnik ventured from his lair. Either way it was perfect camouflage for this aged and tormented goblin. This night was different because of the unusual darkness. It was because this night Skarsnik had woken with chills coursing through his entire body and the ghostly visage of a pale young human calling out to him.

It has been a long time since Skarsnik had felt an uneasy feeling that most would describe as fear, but also a hint of rage. After all this ghost was a human before death, and in anger he growled. "Leave this place. You have no right to be here. I will not warn you a second time." Before the ghost vanished. she simply replied, "the lake Skarsnik The lake has the answers you seek," and then dissipated. Skarsnik in all his rage, shattered an artifact that once had deep meaning to him. The artifact had belonged to his mother it was once magically attuned the magic had seeped out long ago, now its just a relic of the past or it was now its just a mess.

He decides to go to his lab, and experiment on his play things. One of which is a beaver that he had contorted into a humanoid abomination with his magic. It was another failed attempt to create another goblin. Though he keeps it around for his entertainment. After mind blasting this poor creature a few times, he leaves the cave system into the wooden shack that conceals his home. And from there out toward the lake that he had recently been directed to.

His rage had subsided, and he was thinking more clearly. After a few moments of walking, he made it to the lake. As he sat there waiting for anything to happen. He saw that the apparition appeared more clearly, and spoke to him for a while. The only thing Skarsnik heard out of her mouth that he liked was the trade. She wanted the sacrifice of a 10 year old girl. In return the ghost would give him a cursed jeweled skull. That had made the bottom of the lake its home for over a century.

Skarsnik has been searching for that skull for around 58 years now. Since he read about it in one of his mothers old books. It has immense power, but will break those who are weak minded. Skarsnik doesn't need to worry about this since his mind has already been shattered, and he is still going strong. Nothing more can be done to his mind that would hurt him anymore than what he has been through. "I will do as you say pale one, but make sure you have what i want when i return" he snapped. The apparition simply nodded and disappeared back into the lake. Skarsnik looked toward the town of Eversprings, and gave a great grin. Because he knows how much fun he is about to have.

He decides to magically disguise himself as a crazy old homeless man, and take a walk into the town. To wander the streets to scope out the humans that live there and to find a suitable sacrifice. As he gets closer to the town he hears a familiar voice that causes him great pain.
"You cannot ignore me Skarsnik we are one and the same, i am you and you are me we should kill somebody."

Skarsnik replies. "No we can't not yet. First i must have the relic in the lake then we murder, i promise there will be plenty of blood to sate us both." The voice goes silent and the pain leaves skarsnik. After a while walking through the town he decides that he will set up in the alley beside the diner, and spy on his new victim's. But first he sits on the ground and props himself against the wall an falls asleep for the night.

As Skarsnik's eyes open it's blindingly bright even for being in an alley. Before he even opens his eyes fully, he notices what looks like a big dog stood growling at him and sizing him up. Skarsnik gathers his strength and pulls himself to his feet his bones grinding against one another. as he gets on his feet the dog lunges at him and grabs him by his arm locking its jaw. Skarsnik knows that he wont be able to stop this in his current form, he is weak an frail his magic still recharging from his disguise. He knows he has two choices. Revert back to goblin form and stay hidden in this alley. Or stay in human form and cry out for assistance.

Skarsnik decided to use what little power he had remaining in this form to send jolts of electricity down his arm, the dog whelped in pain and ran leaving Skarsnik powerless and bleeding heavily. "I ****ing hate dogs i'd love to see him come at me when i'm at my best."
Realizing he needed to wrap his wound he left the alley to look for somebody to help him, or more preferably a place of great power so he could channel it an recharge his magic to heal his arm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next