All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:47 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

He nodded and sighed. "A hot springs would be pretty nice," he said. "There might be one in those mountains but I doubt it. I don't think there are any volcanoes around there. Nothing active, at least. But you never know. There might be something high up in the mountains." He shrugged and looked over at her. "Either way it would be another three hour flight, at least, to get to them and I'm not sure that would be the best idea, right now. If there are any springs, they can wait."

"I used to be a roleplayer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee..."

May life fill you. May love protect you. May laughter always brigthen your day.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:39 pm 

She looks to the mountains and nods. " Yeah right now you need to just rest. " She says and grabs another log for the fire. Careful she puts it on

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:59 am 

Telanora smiled and nodded. "Yep," he said, quietly, before gazing into the fire. "You know, my mother used to tell me that the shape of the flames in an area told you a lot about it..." He spoke very softly, contemplating each word. "She used to tel me that flames tell stories... I never realized what she meant until just now... These flames speak of a new beginning... They speak of hardships passed and overcome... They speak of crossroads meeting and two paths merging into one. They speak of danger and adventure... I've never seen flames like this before..." He stared for a moment more before blinking and looking over at Alanna. "I'm sorry," he said. "I got lost in thought there. Don't mind what I was talking about, it's not something I can easily explain."

"I used to be a roleplayer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee..."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:55 am 

She listens to him and think of what he said. It really could have different meansings. " Your fine" she says and looks up at the sky. " When it gets close to sunset I'll go out hunting for us. "They will need food for tomorrow and the trip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:46 pm 

Telanora nodded and smiled. "Sounds like a good idea," he said. "Might want to get a couple of waterskins, too, and fill them up. I'll make it easier to travel with. Luckily, I happen to always keep a pair of waterskins on me at all times." He pulled out a crumpled up bag with an opening on one end to drink from. It was clearly empty by the fact that it was able to fit in a pocket. Reaching into a pocket on the other side of him, he pulled out another waterskin that was empty. "Personally, if I need a drink, I usually just fly over some fresh water and take a drink while flying. But, since I'm grounded, we should get some water in these so we can drink on the road."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:47 pm 

She looks to the waterskins and raise a eyebrow but slowly nods." I can fill them up when I hunt" grabbing her quiver she goes about inspecting her arrows. She was down to five so she will have to be careful not to loss anymore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:00 pm 

Telanora glanced over at her as she inspected her arrows, noticing how few she had left. "Need some more arrows," he asked, standing up. "I can make you some. Won't take me more than half an hour, if you want."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 pm 

she looks to him and shakes her head. " you are to rest so sit back down. i have enough for now. besides no feather." she says finishing her inspection of the arrows and puts them away. she knew he was only trying to help, but she just was having a hard time letting him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:28 pm 

Telanora chuckled and shook his head. "I am resting, while I'm on the ground," he said. "It's not my whole body that needs rest, just my wings," he said. "Besides, I'm starting to get restless as it is. Give me a few minutes in the forest and I'll have all the supplies I need to make you some arrows." With that, he walked into the forest, waving behind him to her as he did. After he was sure he was out of sight, he took a deep breath and let it out.

"Mother earth I ask that you allow me the tools I need to make a form of defense and survival," he said, using the language of his ancestors. Soon, he felt a slight tug in response and nodded to himself. He walked over to a tree and looked up at it with awe and respect. "Great tree, I would ask that you give me a few strong, thin branches. Long as my arm." A couple of silent seconds pass before the sounds of branches hitting the ground around him ring out. He smiled and patted the tree before walking over and picking them up. Then, he walked to the river and picked up a few small stones he could sharpen into arrowheads.

After that, he found an old hawk, already almost dead as it stood there. He stared at it for a couple of minutes before he walked over to it. "Brother of the sky, I respect your right to them. You have earned it." The hawk nodded then closed it's eyes, falling from the branch it was perched on into Telanora's hands. "Your noble sacrifice will be used for the good of our survival."

With all these in hand, he walked back to the camp and lay them down, along with some thin vines he'd grabbed on the way back. "Right, now that I have everything I need, I'll make you a few more arrows. Oh and the hawk is to be buried, once we have all the feathers we need from him. He lived a long life and has earned his eternal rest."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:35 pm 

Alanna watches him leave and sighs a bit. he never took no for a answer. looking up at the sky she would watch a few clouds go by until he got back. glancing over at him she would nod and stand up. " ok" she says and moves away from the camp. she didn't go to far just far enough to find a spot to bury the falcon. making a small hole for it wasn't hard for her at all with the use of her claws.

once she was done she would wipe her forehead before going back to the small camp. " i got the place to bury him ready for you." she says softly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:40 pm 

He nodded and smiled to her. "Thank you," he said. He'd pulled a few of the feathers off. Not too many just enough to fix to the arrow. Then, he walked over to where she had dug the hole. "Rest in peace, now, brother. You have earned it." He said before slowly and respectfully covering the hawk with the dirt she'd dug out. "No need for a marker of any sort. The earth will remember him."

He smiled as he looked over to her, though it had a softness to it. Then, he walked over to the supplies and began to make the arrows, using his claws on the stones to sharpen the points.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm 

she would nod and watch him make the arrows in quiet. after he finished a few she would look to him. " when did you learn to make arrows?" she asks softly. though she knew no mater how soft she spoke he would hear her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:48 pm 

Telanora smiled and looked over to her. "I learned it just before I left my parents," he explained. "They told me how to make many different kinds of weapons but explained that this was the easiest and fastest one to make. Others take time and resources that are hard to come by without taking a long amount of time. It's...also one of the few weapons I know how to make that doesn't require magic... Just a request from Nature to grant me the supplies."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 pm 

she would nod a bit. " i see" she says softly and thinks about it. " thank you....and i'm sorry." she still didn't get him even though they spent a year as friends at least. why would anyone stay near her as much as he did. it just didn't make sence to her at all

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 pm 

Telanora blinked as he looked over to her. "Sorry," he asked. "Whatever for? You have done nothing wrong." He was confused by her words and it showed on his face.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:59 pm 

she sighs a bit " for being so broken. i know you was only trying to protect us but....i don't know i just find it so hard to trust right now. and i know that has to hurt you after all you done back on the last world." she pushes back a little bit of her hair. " i won't blame you if you decide to leave me. your better off if you do. you know that."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:14 pm 

Telanora listened to her words and studied her face while she spoke. He could tell she believed every word she said. He sighed and gently set down the arrow he was working on. "You know, that does hurt, a little," he said, softly. "But I understand why you feel that way... I knew you were afraid of magic then, even if it was to save us, I used magic in front of you and forced you through it... I betrayed your trust so now I have to earn it once again. And I'm okay with that. I'm okay with starting over again. Especially if this is a new world we're in. We have a chance to start over... A chance to become better than we were before. You speak as if telling me that you can't trust me will cause me to leave your side but it won't. I'm with you, for better or worse. You may be right, I might be better off without you... But then again, I might not, we don't know. What I do know is that you are the only person I know in this world and I won't abandon you in a new, unfamiliar world to brave the elements on your own. I want to discover, learn, and grow with you. I want to stay with you so that is what I intend to do." His speech done, he went back to working on the arrows, smiling at her some to show that he meant every word.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:18 pm 

she looks to him almost in disbelief. she thought for sure he would leave. then again he always is surprising her with something or another. taking a deep breath she nods a little ' k" she says and watches him work a bit more her mind going to every possible thing. " i hope this world accepts us. cause i don't know what we will do if they don't. "

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 pm 

He sighed and nodded. "Yes I hope so too," he said. "But if we aren't accepted, then we can always find a place away from the people and live on our own. We both know how to live off the land, anyway, why would it make a difference if we lived with others or on our own?"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 pm 

she shrugs " you know by now my brain goes to every thing. i guess i'm just worry we will be seen as monsters and hunted down or someone will want to add us to their collection. " worry wort yes.