All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:58 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

Blog: View Blog (1)

The sun was starting to rise, the sky above a mixture of reds, pinks, and orange hues. Clear horizons with no clouds, a good sign that things were going to be well that day, but in the distance one could see dark clouds beginning to form, and if you looked hard enough, you could see flashes of lightning across the flat plains of darkness that symbolized the pain and suffering of the land, the trials that all went through, but the Elvish kind suffered the hardest from it all. Despite the shadowy omen that began to stir, the birds in the trees were singing in celebration of a new day dawning, and the animals that slept started to stir into waking, while the ones who called the night time their domain went to their homes, to sleep the daylight away.

It was an age of humans now, the Elvish race having thought to have died out that cataclysmic day, the day that things seemed to end, time itself comes to a halt as a dark energy formed on the flat lands that the battled had taken place. Each of their own kind, water, fire, earth, sky...no matter what realm they had come from, even the Lurkers, with their darkness, stopped, to look upon this sight with dread, before it burst forth, enveloping them, and they were gone. All that was left was a black and purple miasma that covered the land, absorbing any life that was left, the grass wilted, animals died, and it was left to be a bruised scar upon the surface of the world. Ever since that day, no one had seen any sign of any Elf, nothing at all.

And yet, something stirred. A ripple across the space of time and fate. A breath of life, having thought have disappeared, forms. A chest rises, and falls, a heart beat sounds, like a silent gong announcing that change was to take place. A sensation of air rushing past a pair of pointed ears, and the feeling of falling. A pair of eyes open, just barely, to take in the sight of blue, blue sky. In the sunlight, the armor that was on the body glints, and could be seen from quite a ways away. A hand reaches up, for what, that one would only know. Fingers clasp on to nothing, a fist forming, and the body braces for impact.

The body falls, falls, falls, and finally, hits the earth, eyes closed once more. The body had landed just outside the walls of a town, in a grassy place. What was going on? Why was this happening now? Who was this? They wore such outlandish clothing, which hadn't been seen in over a century, ever since that fated day. And yet, this stranger, that fell from the sky, was wearing it. A sign...that was what this was. Good or bad, that was yet to be decided.

The stranger, who the people would find out was a male, was oblivious to the world that was around, unaware that people had seen the phenomenon that had taken place, and the guards were rushing to lift the gate to the town that kept unwanted visitors out at night. Oblivious to the murmurs, the voices, the stares. Unknowing of the people who would soon approach his unconscious body.

Unaware of the time that had passed, and that he was to wake to the world he didn't know...

Freedom in the Wind

General Information:
Name: Aeolius
Name Translation/Meaning: Mythical Keeper of the Winds
Nickname: None yet
Birthday: June 20
Race: Air Elf
Elven Tribe: Wind Breakers
Home Country: Azure City
Sexuality: Unsure

Appearance:
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 68.9 lbs (he's extremely lightweight because his bones are hollow like a bird's.
Eyes: Has dark honey gold eyes that are similar to a hawk's eyes. He even has a double eyelid feature for when he is flying. He has two upward sweeping markings on the outer edge of his eyes that are a dark reddish brown in color like feathers painted on his skin. His eyelashes are a blackish brown, and his eyebrows are dark brown.
Hair: Has gray-white hair that constantly looks like it's been swept and messed with the wind, tousled and slightly spiked upwards. He always has a bit hanging over the right side of his face.
Skin: Lightly tanned ivory
Body: Muscular, but thin.
Markings/Tattoos/Scars/Etc: None
Clothing: Usually goes shirtless, with long, loose baggy pants that a shinigami might wear. Around his waist is a rather strange belt, made of twine, and has a decoration of flowers, tassels, braided vines, silken thread, beads, and feathers. His shoes are really weird too.
Jewelry/Etc: None
Other: Always wears a long, large light orange brown scarf around his neck, and his often seen with a weird mask on his head. His wings, when spread out completely, are, from tip to tip, about fifteen feet. The feathers are a grayish-white in color.

Personality: Unlike most of his kind, Aeolius isn't one for meditation, and he couldn't care less about perfecting anything except for his sword technique. He's hyper, a loudmouth, and always on the go. He enjoys causing trouble, but the fun kind and likes teasing the older elves in his home; plays pranks and is pretty much happy go lucky. He's super friendly, and another thing that separates himself from his kind is he likes to find new friends, and not often his own kind either. He's loyal, and when he finds someone to bond with, that bond is never easily broken. He's a strong believer in loyalty and friendship, and will often fight for it.

Saying:"Sometimes I wonder if my family just has clouds for brains...Cause for me, living free and doing what I want to do, flying and being in the sky, THAT is perfection...Yup."

*Flying in general
*Pulling pranks
*Making new friends
*Practicing his sword play

Dislikes:
*Being told to calm down
*Being chastised for being different
*Rules
*Staying quiet for too long
*Staying on the ground for too long

Extras/Other:
Type: Air Elf
Power/Ability: Flight, Weather, Lightning, and Wind Control
*Can fly at a very fast speed
*Can control all sorts of different things to do with weather, and even create storms
*Can manipulate the elements of lightning and wind
*Can make his wings appear and disappear
*More revealed

Element: Wind and Lightning

Theme Song(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwJf2CP_KFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHHVH4JLcPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjh-Fh8NU_8

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Well, did you ever think about what that actually meant when he said that?" David grumbled into the phone as he watched his dog do its business next to a bush. "Seriously, Shandi, the guy just went and did someone else in the bed that was supposed to be yours, and then he wants you to simply let it go as a mistake? That's not a good thing. That's not how people are supposed to act towards their significant others. And if you even think about simply accepting it and ignoring it, then I'll come over and slap some sense into you."

Shandi sighed on the other side, and whined. "But Louis is so handsome! Handsome men like that can't help themselves, nor can they stop others from coming on to them. And I was gone for two weeks because of work, of course he felt a bit left out and lonely! And really, David, you should see his abs. They're to die for! Even you won't be able to resist tapping that, and don't you deny it! God, those muscles!"

David grit his teeth to keep from groaning, and instead rolled his eyes heavenwards as Shandi went on another tangent about the ever so perfect Louis. The dog was moving on and David followed along the path. This was a hiking route around the city walls that he walked regularly with his dog. The walls wee hung with banners and flags during the tourist season, half the city's teenagers getting a summer job as the costumed characters and militia running around on the wall itself. The plains surrounding Krashvich City were beautiful in their own right, with brush and heather occasionally broken up by the odd tree or outcropping. It was a beautiful place and often visited by picnicking families despite its closeness to the miasma zone.

"Did you know that Louis bought me Belgian chocolates this morning to apologise? Like, seriously expensive ones? I mean, isn't such a thing worth overlooking a single mistake? I mean, the girl he was with was hot enough for me to join them if they had just asked."

"Listen, Shandi, I'm at the point on the trail that's closest to the weird zone thing, I might lose you a little bit." David didn't give her the chance to even protest and instead just hung up right away. While it was true that the miasma sometimes interfered with cell phone reception, David had hung up because he really couldn't stomach one more word about the entire situation. It was the same damn thing every single time with Shandi. The woman never learned, and David was getting tired of trying to help her and then simply ending up picking up the pieces.

He pocketed the cell phone and sighed heavily. "This is why I'm only dating guys, K9." He told the dog. "There is just too much drama when dating wom- what the hell is that thing?"

David frowned and raised one hand to shade his eyes. There was something falling through the air. A bird? Didn't look like any bird that he had ever seen, and the closer it fell the more obvious it became that it wasn't a bird at all. Those were arms and legs flapping about, and David could only gape as the person fell, fell, fell.

And then crash landed.

David and K9 were already running towards the crash site, David pulling out his cell phone as he ran, pressing the emergency services buttons from memory. He released the leash and let the dog run ahead. "K9, seek!" he nearly stumbled when the phone was answered. "Hello? This is going to sound crazy but someone just fell out of the sky right in front of me!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm 

He didn't know how long he'd been out, but it sure felt like a long time. Or at least, he thought it felt like it was a long time since while asleep he couldn't really make out how time was passing anyway. Even though usually when he was asleep he could sense what was going on around him, in case he was attacked or something of the sort, but this sleep he was in, this slumber was extremely deep. He was senseless to the world, not realizing when he had crash landed into a grassy field near a city of humans, nor when a large dog came burling up next to his unconscious body, barking to let its master know that it had found what they'd been looking for.

"What is your emergency?"

His mind was completely void of all thought, no dreams visited, only black, inky darkness. But in all honesty, it was better that way. He didn't want anything to haunt his mind, no doubt he'd end up having a nightmare, as the last things he'd seen and felt were death, devastation, and the overwhelming sense of doom. He'd watched as the entire race of elves had been wiped out before his very eyes, succumbing to the blinding light that enveloped each Elvish brother whole, watching as it came closer until it had swallowed him whole as well, having him fall into a never ending void, unable to feel, unable to think, unable to do anything at all.

That was until something had happened. Something had given him a nudge. And it was like he'd been born again. Breath had filled his lungs, his heart had started beating. He could think again, he could feel. His first thoughts were that of confusion. His first feelings had been that of falling. The first thing he'd seen was a sky above him, the layout so blue and beautiful, clear with just the right amount of white fluffy clouds. But he hadn't been able to enjoy it long, as he'd blacked out before landing on the ground, hitting earth.

Falling, falling, falling...

A quick breath and his eyes snap open, as he sits up quickly. In just a few seconds he perceived that this was not the plains of the battle he remembered. He was laying in a patch of grass, with a dog sitting next to him, panting as it sat there, eyes pinned on him. He blinks, reaching up to brush aside some of the white hair that had fallen into his eyes, allowing him to see better what was around him. In the near distance, he could see someone rushing toward him, holding a strange item to his ear, talking to no one, or at least that was what it seemed to be to him.

"Someone fell from the sky? A person? Can you see them? Where is your location?"

He tries to stand up, but could not due to the dull pounding in the expanse of his skull, so he sits back down, holding his fingers to his forehead, trying to appease a headache that threatened to split his brain in half. From what he could tell, the person that was near him was human, as his ears were rounded and he was speaking the language he knew the humans to speak. So, from memory, he speaks, though it seemed forced to a degree as if he couldn't quite remember what was the right thing to say.

"Where...where am I? What happened? Who are you?" He didn't really register the fact that he was shirtless, the only clothing he was wearing is a pair of loosely fitted wide pair of pants that were open at the sides, held together by a piece of cloth and a decorated braided rope. Around his neck was a worn out pale and faded orange brown scarf, wrapped several times, and on his feet were the strangest looking sandals. They were wooden, and formed to the foot like flip-flops might have been, but on the bottom was a single piece of wood in a vertical stance, kind of like a peg.

He glances to the side at the dog, almost as if weary of it, before scooting the side slightly, not quite able to get up and move just yet. Sighing softly, he looks around again, noticing the people walking past on the paths, seeing the wall that was built, and the city that could just be barely seen over it. He watches as they pass by, walking both ways, going here and there but always sticking to the path. He blinks, wondering just what this was. A dream? A spell? Perhaps...that could only explain why there were so many humans around...

Click Me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 pm 

"I'm out on the plains to the east of the city, on the trail going the long way around. I left the trail at the point closest to the miasma. Currently I'm headed straight towards the person, my dog is sitting close to him, keeping an eye out." David pushed his way through some of the thick heather, and nearly slipped down a slope of lose rocks and pebbles. It had been hidden by a slight rise and the various tall grasses that grew around, and he nearly lost his grip on the cell as he waved his arms around and tried to keep his balance.

Scrambling up on the other side of the small incline, David came up just in time to see the person sit up. He gaped. "Holy ****ing ****! He just sat up! Up! As in: he is sitting up without any apparent trouble whatsoever! That shouldn't be possible after such a fall, should it? And just to be clear I'm not talking about a metre or two type of fall here! I'm talking about a he-fell-from-so-high-up-that-I-didn't-see-nor-hear-a-helicopter-or-plane type of height! This is seriously not normal at all!"

He kept on muttering and mumbling into the phone as he got closer and closer. "Could it be some sort of movie shoot? Those clothes certainly look like some sort of costume. But where are the cameras? Where are the safety lines? The parachute? What the hell is going on here?"

David slowed down as he finally neared the fallen person, and then he stopped up completely. K9 came to him at once and then sat down by his feet. David hardly noticed, he was still staring at the person. The oddly coloured hair, the various beads and feather decorations, the weird trousers, the lack of a shirt. And, most importantly, the lack of any visible wounds on his body. Not even a single bruise was blooming on his skin.

The guy looked just as confused as David felt.

"Who the hell are you? What are you? How did you survive that fall?!" David waved his hand at the sky, accidentally turning off his cell as he did so. He didn't notice, and instead shook his head. "Never mind, forget that. Let me see if there's anything broken. Holy ****ing ****, this is totally unreal. Anything aching?"

That last part was said as he crouched down next to the other person and reached out to touch a shoulder. It was a miracle that the guy had survived the fall let alone could move about. He must have some broken bones, probably some internal bleeding. David had to keep the guy talking and alive until the EMTs showed up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 pm 

The human man had now come right up next to him, and all he could do at this point was look at him. He could see the bewilderment in the stranger's eyes, see the confusion that was riddled on his face, wondering what this was all about no doubt, and how he'd been able to live after such a high drop from up in the sky. It wasn't to be ignored though, that he wasn't bleeding, nor was he bruised, and the only thing that was hurting was his head, though that pain had already died down to a dull ache.

After a moment, the human asks his own questions, not bothering to answer the one that he had asked, but that wasn't a problem. He was used to being ignored, and besides, this guy was amusing. A grin broke over his lips, showing off more than a few razor sharp teeth, though the smile in itself was rather charming and a bit cute. He chuckles, before going on to reply to what was asked of him. "I am Aeolius, and as for WHAT I am, well, I'm an Air Elf. Of the Wind Breaker tribe. As for how I survived, well...I don't really know. Though I guess you'd say my body is a bit more durable than yours, and his, and hers, and that kid's." As he spoke he points out a woman passing by, then a man holding a little girl's hand.

"The only thing that hurts in my head, and that's almost gone, so I should be alright, thanks for asking though! But you gotta answer my questions now!"

He turns his head to watch as the person knelt down next to him, blinking as his shoulder was touched, though another wide grin breaks forth. Reaching out himself, he playfully patted the guy on his shoulder. "Silly human, it's like you've never seen an elf before!" He laughs, content to just sit there waiting until the aching in his head went away.

Humming softly, he tries to stand again, and this time he succeeded. Stretching his arms over his head, he takes a deep breath, sighing deeply as he lets the air out of his lungs. That had been really weird, but he guessed that was enough playing around, he ought to go back. However, he wasn't able to do that as in the distance he hears the strangest thing. An alarm of sorts almost, blaring loudly, and he turns to look at where they were coming. A group of people, humans, were coming toward him, carrying a few things with them.

"Are you the one that called for help?" One of the strangely dressed humans calls, not to Aeolius, but to the man who was with him. They then glance toward Aeolius this time, giving him a quick look over, one of the people raising an eyebrow at the way he appeared. Aeolius just stared back, raising his own eyebrow and shrugging. "Whatcha lookin' at hume? It's like you all have never seen my type before..." That caused some glances between the group, but the lady who had spoken first then steps closer, kneeling down, pulling out a clipboard that had a paper on it, and a pen.

"Can you tell me exactly what happened? My colleagues will take a look at him." She looks at David, waiting for him to speak, and answer whatever questions she might have to ask. On the other hand, the other two that were with her moved closer to Aeolius, who just looked at them weird, taking a step back. "Hey, what the heck are you doin'?" He asks, as they put on weird looking items, or pulled one from their pockets. "We're just here to check if you're okay." They come closer again, and he backs away. "Hey, hey! I'm fine, yeah, so leave me alone!" He wasn't afraid persay, just a little weirded out by their insistence to 'check' on him.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 am 

"Man, I don't think it's good for you to move about too much right now! You just fell down from the friggin' skies, you need to take it easy." David ignored pretty much the entire elf-spiel. There were some odd cosmetic operations out there these days, pointy ears and sharp teeth weren't that surprising. Hell, the guy could consider himself a primitive one-celled amoeba or a potato or even a sunflower plant for all that David cared. All that mattered was that he kept calm and sat down until the EMTs arrived while he considered himself whatever he considered himself to be.

David looked over his shoulder when the EMTs arrived, and nodded. "Yeah, I called. Thanks for coming so quickly. I swear to everything that's holy that the guy fell from high up in the air, and I didn't see any planes or helicopters around. I seriously have no idea what could be wrong with him. Perhaps some broken bones or internal bleeding. Probably at least a concussion. It's a miracle that he's still alive, let alone moving about like that!"

The female EMT looked over to the stranger as David gestured to him. She seemed a bit skeptical about the entire falling-out-of-thin-air thing, and she reached out to David, tilting his head in order to get a good look at his eyes. David blinked and K9 cocked his head to the side.

"Uh, what are you doing?" David let her open his eyelids a bit wider and shine a light into his pupil.

"Checking you. Just in case. The miasma has been known to induce hallucinations if it's too strong or people get too close, so this is standard procedure." She replied. "I can't see anything indicating miasma having entered your system, and there have been no indications of the thing acting up or reaching out to cover more ground. You should be good, but if you feel dizzy or start throwing up, get to your closest hospital, okay?"

David nodded. Miasma poisoning wasn't something to take lightly. Gods, if only Shandi and her stupid boyfriend problems were all that he had to deal with, then the way would be perfect. David was already starting to feel exhausted and it wasn't even midday yet!

He sighed and looked over to the odd stranger and the other EMT. "What's going to happen to him now?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 pm 

They kept trying to step closer to him, but Aeolius always took as many steps back as they did forward. Eventually, they gave up, returning to the woman's side, who was kneeling down next to David, the female medic having decided to take the initiative to check up on the young man, just in case he had been affected by the miasma somehow, and had just imagined seeing the young white-haired guy fall from the sky, because in all honesty, there was not a single scratch, bump, bruise, or break that could be seen on him, no sign of injury or internal damage in the least.

But he checked out to be okay, no signs of miasma affection, poisoning, or the like, no drugs for the most part (some you had to take a test to get a positive), alcohol, nothing. So either this guy was just plain crazy, or he was just imagining it. But of course, as the female medic stood up, she stated none of those things, and instead looked over at the two men who'd been trying, but failing, to get a hold of Aeolius.

The EMT that David looked to and asked what was going to happen to Aeolius simply looked over at the white haired oddball, before turning his eyes to David, then the female EMT before speaking, though slightly hesitant in his choice of words. "Well, he seems to be just fine, the way he is acting, moving around easily, not showing pain, no signs of internal lacerations either, so, for now, we simply suggest for him to be careful. We would like to at least bring him in for tests, but we won't take him in against his will, and from what we can see that's not what he wants to do, so we'll let it slide for the time being. However, if he starts feeling any pain to come into the nearest hospital. That goes for you as well. Any pain, any signs of a headache or nausea, head in straight away. Cases with the Miasma can be quite serious."

He turns to walk away, same with the other male EMT and the woman, who pauses and glances back at David, reaching out and handing him a small card. "Please, if anything happens, don't hesitate to come by, or make a call. We're here to help you." She gives him a smile, before parting ways, heading back up towards the path by the wall, and disappearing from view. Only when they were gone did Aeolius finally step forward, somehow managing to walk quite easily and naturally on those weirdly shaped sandals of his. A grin was on his lips, as he watched the human, to see what fascinating thing he would do next.

"You know..." He leans forward, looking up at the guy's face from below and tilting his own head to the side. "You STILL haven't answered my question. Who are you? Where are we? I told you my name so it's ONLY fair you tell me YOURS!" He reaches out and pokes the human in the chest, before standing up straight again, placing his hands on his hips, turning his head to look out towards the plain, noticing the ill-looking stretch of land known as the 'miasma meadow' to the humans. "Huh..." He gets a look of concentrated confusion on his face as he looks out at it, narrowing his eyes and sticking out his bottom lip. "That looks oddly familiar."

Without a single word, he turns and begins to walk, heading towards the field of purple, black, and blue, a low fog hanging over it and looking quite toxic. It was at least a couple miles or so away from the city, so it would take him a while to get there, but Aeolius didn't mind. In fact, the breeze that brushed past him felt wonderful, more wonderful than he could ever remember, and the warmth of the sun...divine! He doesn't check to see if the human followed, but instead focused on his own goals, which at that moment was to go to the field, to see why it looked and felt so familiar to him.

Click Me!

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:17 pm 

Wait, what?!

David stared down at the card that he had been given, and then almost gaped at the backs of the retreating EMTs. What the hell was that about?! Did they seriously infer that they thought that he, David, was a weirdo as bad as people who fell out of the sky?! Or that he was a stupid teenager and thought it was funny to prank call the emergency services for nothing?! What the hell did they think about all the other people out on the trails today who had seen the very same thing?!

Groaning and rubbing his face with his hands, David barely managed to keep from shouting his frustrations out loud enough for everyone and their distant relations inn South-America to hear. It was only when the cause of all his current problems stepped up next to him, that David dropped his hands and turned to look at the weirdo.

The weirdo that was now poking him in the chest.

The same weirdo who stopped poking him and then started walking towards the damn Miasma.

"Oh, hell no." David rushed after the idiot, grabbed him and then pulled him backwards towards the proper paths. "You're not going to walk into the damn miasma, you annoying little.... do you have any idea what that can do to you? Hell, you've probably already been inside what with the way you appeared. What in heaven's name were you doing up in the skies and why did you fall down? I mean, seriously! This was supposed to be my one day off this week, and not only does my stupid friend have problems, now I'm being considered a lunatic and instead of letting you just walk to your literally brain-melting doom I'm trying to save you. There must be something seriously wrong with me."

David refused to let go until they got to the safe path, K9 trotting around them and sniffing things occasionally, and once he was certain that the stranger wasn't going to run off the second he was free, David let go of him. He ran a hand through his hair and then turned to look at the stranger.

"Alright. Let's try this again. Who are you? Where did you come from? How did you survive falling from such a height?"

There. All of those were simple questions, right? There was no way to mess that up and make more trouble for David, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:29 pm 

"Whoops...!" He blinks in surprise when he was suddenly pulled away from the way he was going, a straight path forward to the purple spot, glancing over at the human who had stopped him, pulling him back toward the path, and away from where Aeolius wanted to go. "Hey!" He frowns at the human, but doesn't struggle in the least when he was guided back the other way, now on the path once again. He heard what was said, hearing the question if he knew what the miasma could do to him, what he was doing in the sky, why he'd fallen. Aeolius could only shake his head, though the smile formed once more on his face. This was getting better and better by the minute!

They eventually reached a safe spot, and only when the guy was sure that Aeolius wasn't about to go running off, (or at least Aeolius was sure that was what he was doing), is he finally released from the human's grip. He plants his hands on his hips, giving the human an amused expression, a half smirk on his lips as he looked up into the guy's face, his own eyes twinkling with humor and amusement. He had no clue that humans could be so hilarious!

"I TOLD you!! My name is Aeolius, and I come from Azure City, up there!" He points up in the clouds, then glances up. "Or there...maybe there...Or was it...that one....? Hmm...I can't seem to quite remember...memory must be going haywire..." He points from one large cloud to the next, then just shrugs. "Meh, it's not important. What IS important, is that you keep ignoring MY question! You could at least tell me YOUR name!!!" He crosses his arms over his chest, closing his eyes and nodding as if it was such an important thing. "Mmhmm, mmhmm! Okay, I decided, I won't tell you anything else till you answer me too! And as for how I survived!!!"

He suddenly opens his eyes, and sticks his tongue out at the human, enormous gray-white wings springing into being between his shoulder blades. One mighty swoop from them, and he takes off into the sky, the wind rushing at the human, brushing up dust and stuff as he hovers just out of reach of the human, laughing now, eyes aglow with mischief. He had his arms over his chest, crossed, and that same goofy grin on his lips as he looked down at the man, shifting slightly from side to side in the air.

"I'll answer you when you answer me! It's only fair, right?"

He was careful to hover just out of reach of the human, just in case the guy decided to jump up and try to drag him down from the air. Though even if he did catch hold it would have been pointless, as Aeolius had the advantage in the air, he was much stronger in this element, and was more than capable enough of dragging the both of them into the sky.

Click Me!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:39 am 

Staring at the way the little cosplaying **** acted, David could only conclude one thing: he was not impressed. He was so not impressed by this young man at all. After all the trouble he had caused, he simply went and shamelessly continued to act like it wasn't his fault? Like he hadn't caused panic and chaos. Like he hadn't taken up the time of EMTs who could maybe have been needed somewhere else. Like he wasn't just begging for attention even now, threatening to walk right back into the miasma and a suicide of the mind if not the body.

He just went on and on and on about castles in the sky, and about exchanges of names as if this was some sort of game!

It infuriated David.

"You-!" he had barely started to speak and to point at the little ****, when something happened. Something amazing and weird and impossible. Something so odd and out-of-this-world that it made David stop up and stare while wondering if he had been affected by the miasma after all. It forced the anger out and away, to be forgotten forever, and replaced it with incredulity.

"This is just... it just couldn't be... how the hell..." he gaped and stared like a loon. Because the stranger was actually flying. Hovering. Not touching the ground. Emulating an angel. Generally speaking, he was doing something that the general human really couldn't duplicate no matter how much they wished to. The Wright Brothers had nothing on this!

K9 rushed over and started barking, jumping up and down underneath the flying being, trying to get at the feet. To the dog this was the funniest game that could ever have happened, but to David it just made the sight even more surreal. For the second time in less than one hour David felt like the carpet had been pulled out from underneath him, and he was once more sent hurtling into the abyss of a crazy twilight zone.

"I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today." He muttered to himself. David ran a hand down his face, rubbing it harshly, and completely ignored the stares from the other people on the path. He also firmly ignored the flying... hallucination. "Yeah. Definitely a hallucination. Because there is no way that this situation is real. I've probably watched X-men too much lately or something, and the miasma made me hallucinate. That's far more logical than a flying being with ****ing wings. Yeah."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:53 pm 

Aeolius grinned as the dog seemed to enjoy trying to jump up and catch him, deciding that the canine wasn't all that bad and played along in the little game. He would get just within range, and right when the dog was about to jump, Aeolius moved just out of reach, so the dog ended up biting at thin air and landing back down on the ground. Wash, rinse, and repeat. As he did this, Aeolius laughed, giggling with every failed attempt that the large canine made, but after a while, his eyes drifted to the human, who seemed...appalled...at what was going on.

"Oh come now, it's not THAT hard to believe! You're a big baby, you know that? Hallucinations, a miasma that kills, bah! I'll show YOU!" He swoops down, grabbing the human from the behind, right as he'd made the conclusion of watching too much X-men...whatever the hell that was, and that the miasma was making him hallucinate. "You want proof, yeah? I'll give ya proof!"

With a powerful swoop of his wings, he shoots the both of them straight up into the air, the ground dwindling beneath them in seconds, the dog gazing up at their ascending forms and barking its head off, going nuts at being left behind. The wind rushed past their ears, pulled and their hair and tugged on their clothes, well mostly the human's, since Aeolius really wasn't wearing much. Twisting his body, he corkscrews vertically through the sky, turning and turning, laughing loudly as he keeps a close watch on the human.

At the last moment, he suddenly stops, his wings snapping open and halting their ascent into the blue sky, now a good fifteen hundred feet in the air. The ground was a patchwork quilt beneath them, and from this distance, one could see the entirety of the expanse of miasma. It stretched in an oval of at least two miles lengthwise, and one-mile width, the end coming just up to the base of a large black mountain. A dark mountain, a huge, jutting bulk of onyx, where no life grew, no life lived or called home.

To his kind, it was known as Shadow Mountain, but to the humans, he knew not what they called the structure. The whole thing gave off a malicious vibe, dark and brooding, seeming to absorb all light from the air around it, giving it an eternal shadowed look, clouds encircling the tip, lightning flashing here and there. The infernal storm made up of the darkness in all the hearts of those who had life and soul. Any creature in their right mind did not dare step foot upon its stony side, nor could they survive even if they tried. The only life that called the place home, or had, were the Lurkers, a race of Shadow Elves more dangerous and evil than evil itself. They were the reason as to why the war had even begun in the first place...and they were what had caused the end as well.

Then his attention shifted elsewhere, to the seemingly never-ending expanse of forest, it was a wild yet beautiful place, filled with life and energy, the very opposite of Shadow Mountain. A mist hung between and above the treetops and had a sort of surreal glow to it, silvery and enchanting. It was known as Treferin Forest, which housed the oldest Elven city, Solaris. Most likely it was in ruins now, Solaris was home to the Woodlands Elves, who valued life and peace. They were one with nature itself and were known for their strong earth powers, growing plants in seconds, making giant trees out of tiny saplings. It was a mysterious place, but unlike a lot of the Elven tribes, the Woodland Elves opened their arms to any and all who happened to visit.

All the while as his eyes shifted, he made sure to keep a good grip on the human in his arms. He knew that humans were more fragile than his kind, and if he somehow managed to drop this one and wasn't able to catch him, that was the end for the guy. But it was alright, Aeolius was more than confident enough with his powers, and even though he appeared to be scrawny and weak, he was actually quite strong. Glancing down at the human, Aeolius grins a bit, waiting to see if the guy had anything to say, before speaking up again. "So...think I'm a hallucination NOW?"

Click Me!

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 am 

For a moment David stared at the ground getting father and farther away under him. His brain was strangely blank, barely processing what was happening, while an odd, mild feeling of 'this is strange' ran through him. Everything was just mellow for that moment, and K9's barks and the staring and pointing of other people didn't bother him. Even the possibility of a painful and sudden death ddn't seem to register with him.

He quite calmly took in the spectacular view from this high. The forest and the mountain and the wide blob of miasma. The city almost seemed small from this perspective, filling the city walls and then stretching out on the other side of the river far beyond the old walls themselves. Further away it petered out into suburbs and that then gave way to farms. In amongst it all black roads of asphalt wound their way to and fro like great black snakes, and cars were zooming back and forth along them.

David blinked at the aeroplane in the distance, at the fluffy clouds, and he smiled slightly at the flock of birds that passed by. He thought they were pidgeons, but he couldn't be certain. Birds weren't his thing, really, and neither were heights. Nor falling to his death from them because of some winged freak of nature thought it would be fun to scare him shitless.

When the stranger - the same stranger who was the only thing holding him up - started to speak, David turned his head as much as he could in order to look at him. He blinked once, twice, and then he did what any normal living being would do in this situation.

He screamed.

Loudly.

"WHAT THE ****ing HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! PUT ME BACK DOWN, YOU CRAZY ****ing!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm 

At first the human was quiet as they ascended up into the clouds, which to be honest surprised Aeolius. He thought for sure the guy would struggle, especially with the underlying thought that he could die from such a height, but apparently that wasn't going through his mind at the moment. Instead, he was quiet, staring at everything that was around them. But Aeolius knew better, and was for certain that this wouldn't last long.

And sure enough, when Aeolius asked him something, the guy began to scream. Of course he would. They were fifteen hundred feet in the air for god's sake! The guy was scared for his life no doubt, if he fell from here the human would be nothing more than a red splatter on the face of the earth. Which, with any luck and a firm grip, Aeolius was going to prevent that from happening.

"What do I think I'm doing? Proving to you that I'm not an illusion!" He answers the question quite easily, and the tone of his voice was amused. Amused at this whole damned situation. To Aeolius, it was a game...a fun game, and this human was now his new playmate, whether he liked it or not! Which was probably why Aeolius didn't really have many friends either, since he was so forward with his feelings, and he always wanted to goof off, and not in the way that others might want to either...

"Put you down? Okay!"

He suddenly lets go of the human, watching as he began to fall through the clouds, barelling straight towards land once more. Well, he hadn't been specific...Aeolius gazed at the receding figure, and sighs, hearing the screams no doubt that were being given by the human as he fell, and after a moment, when death was prominent, Aeolius brought his wings in close and dived after the human, easily catching up with speed that could rival that of a X-15, the world's fastest plane. But of course Aeolius did not know that.

Either way, he easily reaches where the human is, and catches him in his arms, bringing him close to his chest, letting his body start spiralling through the air like a bullet, his wings enveloping himself and the human in his grip, slowing their descent, and when, at a certain point nearing the ground, he lets his wings snap outward, bring them to a complete halt, hovering for a moment before flapping a couple of times and touching the solid earth with their feet. However, before he let go of the human, he speaks up. "I'm sorry about that."

With that said, he lets go, and steps back, and a different look from amusement was on his face. Grief. He'd seen what the human had...and the world was different. It was no longer the same as what he was used to. This wasn't the world he knew...where he was, well...that was any guess. And he doubted the human would be any help to him, no doubt that the guy was just going to run away. And Aeolius didn't blame him. He DID just drop him... Taking a deep breath, he spreads his wings once more, determined now to figure out what was going on...and where it was that he had arrived. "Well, guess this is goodbye, yeah?" He waves at the human, and gets ready to take off, though waits for a moment, wanting to see if the human would say or do anything.

Click Me!