All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jaq's are Wild
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Gotham really hadn't changed that much. The slums still had the reek of sweat, homeless people and cat urine, petty thugs still ran around to and fro, and the constant wail of police sirens piercing the air was still the background music to the great city. Ah..home sweet home. There just wasn't anything like Gotham City. Well...actually there was, but for Jason Todd, it would always, in a way, be home. A pain in the ass home, but nonetheless where he spent the majority of his relatively shitty life. The nights in Gotham always seemed to be dense, like the weight of all the criminals' evil actions caused the darkness to thicken. For someone like Jason, the shadows clinging to his form was welcome, inviting even.

Sitting at the edge of a tall, Gothic building, a stone gargoyle his only companion, Jason peered out across the city, the half-moon and the lights of city itself illuminating it for him. It had been many years since he had last been here. In fact, he hadn't seen the Old Man in a long while, though that had pretty much been the plan anyways. Bruce Wayne, the Batman, had tried his hand at getting Jason to come back and getting help for...well...what Joker had put him through all those years ago. Two years of straight torture and brainwashing really did a number on the whole mental health aspect. Jason was so much more into "shoot now, ask later" than "let's talk about your feelings and figure out why you need help." Not his thing. So when he heard that ole Brucie wasn't going to be in Gotham, he couldn't resist the opportunity. Not only would it drive the man insane to know Jason was here while he was gone, but a Gotham without some kind of above the law force? Ha, it probably wouldn't be standing after a whole day. So lo and behold, Jason Todd had come to save the day! With a yawn, Jason Todd slowly rose to a standing position, his red helmet tucked under his arm. The wind tugged at his midnight black hair and swept his dark brown leather jacket back a bit, and he couldn't help but unleash a wide smile. I bet I look super cool right now.

"Well buddy, it was nice meeting you, but I should be getting on my way," Jason spoke, setting the red helmet upon his head. The eyes immediately glowed as it was set into place. Using a batclaw that he had indeed stolen many years ago, Red Hood made his way across rooftops. It was so much easier than jumping across them, not to mention it didn't take much energy to use. Once he got to the Narrows, Jason came to a stop, putting the batclaw away. There was always something shady going on in the Narrows. If he was lucky, he'd get to avoid Catwoman, who was most commonly known to lurk around the East End of Gotham. The woman had always annoyed him. It was the sound of a scream that caught his attention. "Well that sure didn't take long did it?" He mused to himself, silently moving through the alleyways undetected.

Voices from where the scream had come from were getting louder. From what Jason could make of it, the screamer had been a woman, and her assailant, a man. While it didn't sound like it was going to be a very interesting run-in, at least it was action. "Please just...let me go!" The woman cried and the man snickered at her pleas, instead shoving her back against the wall hard enough to her make her head slam against the brick. "I don't think so hon." He grinned, pulling out a knife, "I'm not just going to let you run to the police." The man began to stalk up to her and Red Hood sighed. Slowly, he strolled up nonchalantly, whistling and twirling his guns around his fingers. "Didn't you know that pushing a lady is just bad manners?" The man paused, and both him and the woman looked over. The criminal scowled and held up the knife in an attempt to look menacing. "Who the hell are you?!" He shouted and Jason came to stop, making his spinning guns stop as well, holding them in his hand and switching off the safety discretely. "Who? Me?" He asked, feigning surprise. "Yeah jackass. You," He man growled. Jason made a show of tilting his head, "Who am I...let's see....aha," He exclaimed, "I'm Santa Clause!" In a flash, he pointed both his guns at the man's head, "Merry Christmas."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Jaq's are Wild
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:21 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

She hated The Narrows. The tenements squeezed together so tight that the sun didn't stand a chance of piercing through. Even on those rare breaks from Gotham's dreary daily pall. If she had her way, she would tear it down. All of it. The ratty firetraps. The cheap bars on every corner. The dens and dives and the drug houses. The only thing that thrived in The Narrows was poverty. And hopelessness. And crime...

A woman's scream ripped apart the quiet of the night. She was moving. Like a wraith. Her cape whipping behind her as she leapt off the rooftop. No fear, no hesitation as in one smooth, swift motion her hand reached for the grapnel hooked to her utility belt. Her arm outstretched, she fired a line to the next building in mid-flight. The cord pulled tight, catapulting her in an accelerating arc, carrying her up and up until she detached the cable. Freefalling, she fired another line, repeating the process again and again, traveling the tightly packed skyline like a bird of prey. Her black silhouette hidden in the night.

Finally, she saw it. The alleyway. The woman on the ground, her blouse torn. Her fishnets ripped. The creep responsible pressed against a brick wall. A wicked looking knife at his feet in a dirty puddle of water. Trembling, pleading for his life...

$#@!! Just what I need!

The red helmet, glinting in the flickering street light, was the first thing that caught her notice. The glint of the Desert Eagles a close second. He held one in each hand. The .50 caliber slugs would tear through her bodysuit, ballistic protection or not. She had no idea how psychotic Jason was these days. Crazy enough to take a shot at her? It was clear that the creep he had cornered against the wall didn't stand a chance. For a moment, she was tempted to let justice take it's course. No. That's not justice. She dropped, her arms pressed against her sides before suddenly outstretching, her cape flaring, catching the updraft and cutting her speed. She landed in a crouch, two batarangs appearing in her hand for the briefest of moments before they were flung at the twin automatics being pointed at the whimpering creep's head...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:54 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

The guy's change in demeanor was actually pretty funny according to Jason. At first he had been all macho with his super scary knife cause, you know, it's pointy so that immediately makes it terrifying. When he pointed his guns at the man's head, the criminal did a complete 180. His eyes widened, and his manliness evaporated from his entire being. Immediately, he allowed the knife to slip from his hand and clatter to the overgrown, dirty ground. Then, he began his pleading. Even from the distance he was at, Jason could see he was shaking. It was pathetic. This man was scum, and his pleading and whimpering made his trigger finger itch to pull. However, he allowed the girl to get away from the brick wall since she probably didn't want brains and blood splattered on her. That's pretty gross.

"Now for your present," Jason spoke, and he narrowed his eyes from beneath the hood. Just as he was about to pull the triggers to his guns, a moving shadow caught his eye. It moved in a black, fluid blur and Jason let out a string of curses as he immediately lowered his guns and dodged to the side just as two batarangs flew past him. Batgirl, aka Barbara Gordon. "Ugh. Not you. You always spoil my fun," He spoke, rising from his crouched position so he was standing. His guns were still clasped in his hands, though he kept them down at his sides...for now. The man who almost got his brains blown out slowly crumpled to his knees in relief for not being a red splatter on the brick wall.

To be entirely honest, Jason had no idea how much Batgirl knew about the whole torture thing. There was no way for him to know how much Batman has released to everyone else about him. Then again...Batman didn't entirely know that much about his torture anyways. Killing...that was the true justice to Jason, and that thought had been solidified when he had been released from under Arkham Asylum...the place he had been kept in for two years. Don't go there now, Todd. Stay focused on the situation at hand. The girl had taken this opportunity to run off. Smart girl.

With a sigh, Jason raised his guns, one pointed at Batgirl and the other at the criminal. He wouldn't kill Barbara since that meant a p i s s y Bruce, and a p i s s y Bruce meant one splitting headache. Something Jason was not appealed to. "Batgirl. It's certainly been a while. Are you really going to save the life of this scum?" He asked in a bored tone. Of course he already knew the answer. The Batman viewpoint here. It was idiotic, in Jason's opinion. So many criminals deserved death. Being left alive could just mean more innocent lives lost...collateral damage that didn't need to be taken.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:24 am 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

He was quicker than she remembered. Easily dodging her attack, he pivoted, rose and had one of his guns pointed at her, the other still trained on the scumbag cowering at his feet. "Not long enough," she responded curtly at his opening comment about their time apart. She flicked her eyes at the street thug. No, he really didn't deserve to live. She knew the system well enough to know how it would go. He would plead guilty to a lesser charge and would be out on the streets in a year or two. Maybe sooner. Able to prey on more helpless women. And maybe the next time, there wouldn't be anyone around to stop him...

No, she couldn't think like that. She had to have faith in the law. HAD TO. Because, without the law, there was nothing. Just animals like this creep. And brutish men like Jason. Her eyes turned back to him. "It's not up to you whether he lives or not. You don't get to play judge and jury." She couldn't tell whether she was getting through to him or not, the helmet making it impossible to tell. She kept talking, her right hand slowly sliding behind her back. "You remember what it was like, being on the right side of the law. I know you do. It's not too late you know. You can still do the right thing here."

Her hand reappeared. "Hey, okay," she raised it, palm outward. "Look, it's okay. See, nothing." She continued to talk, hoping to keep him calm. "Let's all relax here. I know you don't want to shoot me. So...let me call this in. What do you say?" Tucked between two of her fingers on the back of her hand, hidden out of view, was a thin metal tab. And attached to that tab was a small metal orb...

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:43 am 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Going around the world and training with different people had definitely been a good call. It made his reflexes better than they had been when he had just trained with Batman. If he hadn't trained with others and bettered his skills...those batarangs would have definitely hit their targets. He had forgotten just how infuriatingly good Barbara was. Back when he was Robin, that had been what annoyed him the most, other than her goody two-shoe persona, at least he always believe she had one. Even Dick was barely able to beat her...if he remember correctly. Then again, it had been a long time since he last saw Dick and if he has improved his own abilities. At her short reply, Jason laughed humorlessly. It was funny. That would have been his response if she had asked him that question.

Jason held his guns steady as he aimed one at Batgirl and the other at the thug. Her comment caused him to tilt his head a little to the side. "Play as judge and jury? No, I see myself more as an executioner. What you consider the right thing, I see as the weak way. That piece of filth is going to come out of jail, and next time the girl may get killed instead of saved. Batman's biggest weakness and downfall is that stupid code. Joker...does Joker deserve to live after all the people he has killed and lives he has ruined? Answer me that, Batgirl," Jason practically growled. He grit his teeth beneath the helmet. If he were to see that stupid, sadistic grin and those sickly green eyes again...he'd kill the b a s t a r d. Slowly, and without a second thought. Even if Batgirl said it wasn't too late...Jason knew that it was. There was no way for him to come back from that. This was who he was now, and there was nothing that could changed that. It was much too late.

Jason sighed as she showed her palm outward. "Ah, come on Batgirl, I'm not some rabid stray dog. And I think you're underestimating my homicidal urges." He chuckled darkly, though it was mostly just to put her on edge since it was a total bluff. He had no plans on shooting the woman.
Let you call it in? Hmmmm...let me see...." Jason said, tapping his foot and ducking his head as though in thought. "Pft, nah," He said, then squeezed his fingers on the triggers of his guns. He quickly shifted the gun aimed at Batgirl so the bullet would fly past her, but the other gun was still aimed towards the man's head.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:09 am 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

When he started talking about the Joker, she knew that he was losing it. Bruce hadn't told her the whole story but he had told her enough. How Jason had been tortured at the hands of that sadistic maniac. For awhile, immediately afterwards, she had felt guilty. Even though she had been away at college, she had felt responsible. Like she had abandoned him. Afterall, they were a family. Weren't they? They were supposed to watch each other's back but in Jason's case they had let him down. No, Bruce had done everything he could. Had moved heaven and earth to get Jason back. Hadn't he?

No time for that now. He tried to throw her off with his patter but she knew that he was going to shoot. Not her, she still didn't think he would go that far, but he was going to shoot the creep for sure. She threw the solid steel ball bearing tucked between her fingers. Not at Jason but at the kneeling goon. It struck the side of his head just as Jason's gun went off. The impact against his temple snapped his head to the right and out of the path of the bullet a split second before it could turn his cranium into a cavity. It had the added benefit of knocking him out. Now she wouldn't have to worry about him as she threw her cape in front of her, using it as a ballistic shield as she rushed the damaged young man in the red helmet. While her bodysuit might not be able to stop the heavy rounds from his handgun, her cape would. Not that he would get the chance even if he had a change of heart and decided to try and shoot her. She intended to be on him, knocking him unconscious, well before that. That was the plan anyhow.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 am 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

He had to admit, Jason was not prepared for Barbara to throw the steel ball bearing at the thug. As he looked back on it, he saw just how she had played him. She spoke of certain topics that could throw his focus away and distract him. Using that as her advantage, she got the steel ball bearing without him noticing. It was a good move, he would admit that. Barbara never failed to pull through. He did, however, mourn the loss of his poor bullet for a quick second. What a loss. Could have used that for a good shot. Oh well. The bullet itself blasted through the brick, scattering pieces around and embedding into the wall. Almost immediately, she was coming at him with her cape in front of her.

"You know, Batgirl, you've never fail to catch me by surprise," Jason spoke, slipping his guns into the holsters at his waist quickly before balancing on the balls of his feet, "but maybe all that training I've done will finally pull off in surprising you." As she came upon him, Red Hood was ready for combat if needed be. He knew that her cape would most likely be able to stop his bullets. Why would she put it in front of herself otherwise? Since he hadn't been planning on shooting her anyways, the guns were just baggage in the possible fight against her. His knife would be more effective, if he were to go for a kill. This time, his physical abilities would be enough. "Must this all end in violence?" He chuckled sarcastically as she came upon him. He blocked her attacks (if you are okay with that!), using only defense maneuvers so they were locked in a stalemate.

"Calm down. I'll let you have this one. You beat me at my own game fair and square." He said to her simply, pushing her back with just enough force that it released the stalemate. He cracked his knuckles before lifting his helmet off, shaking his messy black hair and running a hand through the tangled mess. His ice blue-gray eyes rested on her, one part of his face hidden in shadow and the other one lit with the faint glow of the moon and a streetlamp. A burned J was on his cheek from where Joker had branded it into his face. "Do you need any help carrying that...man to the police department?" He asked, his eyes slowly shifting in distaste to the unconscious man. "Scouts honor I won't stick my knife in his head, throat or chest," He added with a sideways glance at her and a side smirk, judging her reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:12 am 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

He really was good. His fighting style had improved considerably. She threw a mix of different styles at him but he parried them effortlessly while it seemed she was barely managing to block his attacks. And she could tell that he was holding back, that his moves were merely intended to fend her off. Finally, he threw her back and acknowledged his surrender. She was about to say something nasty when he took off his helmet and she saw the 'J' branded on his cheek. Her jaw clenched and she held back on saying anything for a long moment.

At last, he was the one to break the uncomfortable silence. Jokingly offering his assistance in hauling this particular lowlife to the station. "No, I got it," she answered matter-of-factly. For the next couple of minutes, she was all business, ignoring him completely. She frisked the unconscious creep and zip-tied his hands behind his back, leaving him face-down on the pavement. Keying the micro-sliver bluetooth embedded in her cowl, she called 911. After ending the call, she turned her attention to Jason again. "You know, you shouldn't have let that woman run off like that. We needed her testimony. Now the case against this sicko is going to be that much harder." She gazed up at the rooftop of the adjacent building. "Unless you'd like to stay here when the cops arrive, I'll meet you up there. We have to talk...Jason." She spoke his name for the first time, now that there was no one around to overhear. She hoped that one little familiarity would get through to him and he wouldn't pull a disappearing act. She really did need to talk to him.

In a little under seven minutes, she saw the familiar red and blue flashing lights of Gotham's finest. She recognized the two uniforms. Miller and Franklin. Relative rookies but at least they weren't crooked. They regarded her warily but they tolerated her. More so than Batman. She found that to be the case more often than out. The skintight spandex earned her some slack from the male officers while their female compatriots were subtly impressed with a woman crimefighter kicking butt. Sure, it was sexist to think so but it also happened to be the case. Just from Barb's observation.

Once the unconscious creep had been carted off, she reached for her trusty grapnel and ascended to the rooftop. She didn't see him nor was she looking. He would be there or he wouldn't. All she could do was wait.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:37 am 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

It had been a long time since he had exchanged any kind of blows with Batgirl. Time had done wonders for her as much as it did him. She used many different martial arts styles by the look of some of the attacks he blocked. He wasn't looking for a blown out fight against her...just yet anyways. Back when he had been Robin, he had been similar to a brawler, though he also had Batman's training. He never was as flexible as Dick, but his strength had surely covered that aspect back in the day. After two years of being holed up, only fighting when random goons were given to him when he was on Harley's medication. They had always been dressed up in Batman-like cowls, and he'd be forced to beat the s h i t out of them...until he didn't have to be forced, and then he got to the point in the conditioning where he killed them.

Once they were locked in stalemate, Jason was the one two break it off, surrendering to defuse the situation. Not something he would usually do, but he had to change things up sometimes. He noticed that she seemed almost like she wanted to say something, though she paused and instead stayed quiet. It perplexed Jason, but he shrugged it off. It wasn't really any of his business anyways. With a sideways glance at Barbara, he asked if she wanted any help with the criminal, which of course he denied. "I shouldn't have bothered asking," He yawned, looking at her almost lazily, "you never have liked help." Jason drew his arms over his head as Barbara ignored him as she got down to business with the unconscious guy. He had eventually leaned back against a wall and gotten out his gun, lazily spinning it around his finger as he waited for her to be finished. At her statement, Jason glanced over, stopping the twirling gun. "Well, he's not supposed to be alive. Death doesn't need a testimony," He shrugged matter-of-factly, putting his gun back before meeting her eyes, "That way, you don't have to worry about testimonies or cases."

Jason followed Barbara's eyes up the rooftop. The building, like the rest of the Narrows was run-down. There were dead vines that crawled half-way up the side, and the windows were all broken in. "Talk, huh?" He spoke lowly, his eyes expressionless as he studied her for a moment. She had used his name then. Jason wasn't sure why, but it made him take the whole talking thing a little more seriously than he usually might. However, he gave the appearance of brushing it off by shrugging. He didn't say anything else. He simply drew out his batclaw, shot it at a roof, and sped off into the air. Meeting the cops could easily get him into an awkward situation, so that was definitely a no-go. As the cops arrived, Jason sat in a corner of the roof and waited, one arm slung over his right knee and the other one cushioned behind his head as his eyes became upturned towards the sky, the stars shining in his pupils, like their own galaxy.

It was the light sound of feet that told Jason it was finally time for the mysterious talk that Batgirl wanted to take part in. Slowly getting to his feet, he tucked his helmet under his left arm and pushed his right hand into his pocket as he walked over. "What is it you want to say, Barbara?" He asked her, though didn't look over. His eyes remained distant as he looked across the city that was spread before them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:15 am 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

She heard his voice, wary, a bit bored, as he quietly approached behind her. She kept her back to him. "We need to get a few things straight. Gotham is under MY protection. Just because Bruce is away, don't think that gives you free license to do whatever you want. You kill someone, I WILL bring you down." She turned around, stared him down. Made sure he got the point. She took a good long look at him. He had his helmet in his hands and she could see his face clearly in the moonlight. Her tone softened ever so slightly.

"You know...Alfred misses you. We all do. Bruce most of all. He did everything he could to find you. You gotta realize that. I'm just glad that in the end...he finally did." Her tone hardened again. "I know you've been through hell, Jason, but that doesn't give you an excuse to do what you're doing. We've all had it rough. My mom. Bruce's parents. But we didn't turn into homicidal killers because of it. Like I said, you're welcome here but if you get out of line, it's not going to be pleasant for you."

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 am 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Barbara began very straightforward and strong. He respected that. It wasn't the "so how are you doing Jason?" with the pitying look. She meant business. Though just because she was serious about what she was saying didn't mean that Jason was actually going to follow it. He wasn't fond of taking anyone's orders. Jason could feel the weight of her gaze as she stared him down, though he continued gazing out at the city. His gray-blue eyes shifted over to her as she continued on, the tone of her voice softer and more...empathetic this time. As she spoke, his eyes narrowed and became cold. As she finished, Jason finally turned towards her, a low laughing coming from him.

"Bruce gave up on his search for me when he believed me to be dead. He found me after I escaped Joker. The Old Man didn't do s h i t, Barbara," Jason spoke lowly before giving a small dark smile and walking up to her so there wasn't too much distance between them. "You don't know the half of what hell is. None of you do. Though, I suppose explaining it to any of you would be useless, considering the flawed sense of justice all of you share. It's easy to sit on the other side and say I don't have an excuse to kill the low-lives of this world because of what I went through, but I would love to see how you come out after two years of the torture I took," He said darkly before turning his back to her and taking a step away.

Jason was quiet for a moment before looking back at her. "I'm a freelancing gunslinger, Barbara. Getting out of line is what I do. I look forward to all the unpleasant plans you have in store for me. Though, do try to land a hit next time?" He mocked her with an infuriating side smirk, hoping to get under her skin a little, before placing his helmet on, "Have fun playing Batman." He pulled out the batclaw and was about to shoot it to make his exit.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:10 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Bruce HADN'T saved Jason?! Why did he tell her he had?! Stunned, she needed the time to process this new info but to her annoyance Jason wasn't giving her the time. Suddenly, he was violating her personal space, getting in uncomfortably close. The hard plates of his body armor a mere centimeter away from her suit. This annoyed her even more. Then he was practically jabbing his finger in her face, accusing her! He had every right to be upset. How could she compare what he had been through, the years of torture, with anything she herself had experienced? Her or any of them for that matter.

Still...it p i s s e d her off that she was losing the discussion. The subtle shift of power from her to him. She had intended to lay down the law, to maintain the moral high ground with Jason and convince him through intimidation, if not reason, to do the right thing but here he was, standing in her face, ripping her a new one! It irked her. All the more because she knew that he wouldn't have DARED to try this crap with Bruce. And that made her even madder.

And then he backed off but not without throwing one final insult her way. It was the parting smirk that set her off. That overcame her common sense. She should have just let it go but she couldn't. She regretted the words as soon as they came out of her mouth. "Have fun playing killer. The Joker would be proud of what he created."

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Of course, Jason had no idea Bruce had told Barbara that he had found Jason. Jason had more so come to Bruce by taking over the gangs and starting up a war with Black Mask. Basically, he rose a lot of hell and was able to get the attention of the Bat. It was when they were going to fight on a rooftop that Jason had unveiled himself after pulling Bruce's cowl off. He had wanted to see his expression when he saw the Robin he failed. The pain that had come over his old mentor did little to ease him, as he had previously thought. In the long run, Batman had won the fight, and Jason escaped in the disarray of the fight. He had been trying to contact him ever since, and while the two had very slight meetings after that, none of them lasted long enough to be called important in mending their damaged relationship. Perhaps he had been ashamed of his failure, and that's why he kept the truth to himself. No one may ever know.

It seemed that Barbara knew just the right thing to say to hit a nerve. Jason couldn't help but put her straight, defend his actions. Who was she to tell him how he should be acting? He quickly used this to his advantage, the power of the conversation moving to his side. By the look of her, it seemed she wasn't too happy about the shift, but Jason didn't care. He wanted to make his point clear. As he moved back, he mocked her and was getting ready to leave when she said something that made him freeze, as though encased in ice. His arm remained outstretched, the batclaw clutched tightly in his hand for a good moment before he slowly moved his arm down, replacing the batclaw at his waist. In a second, he had his gun drawn and pointed at her, his helmet keeping his facial expressions a mystery. His voice was not as masked.

"Oh, just like you are proud of your psycho brother? Has he had a fun time playing killer, Barbara, cause I'm pretty sure he most certainly has," He said thinly. He knew it was harsh, and probably rather uncalled for. He should have just let it go, but his immediate reaction was to lash out. "For the record, the Joker didn't create me. I've become my own man. I do what I want, Barbara, and what I think is right," He snapped at her, the anger evident in his voice. He was clutching the gun tightly, though made no move to imply he would shoot the gun. "If Gotham is under your protection, then why are you even wasting your time standing here? Don't you have errands to run for Bruce?" He spoke in a condescending tone, as though challenging her in her next move.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:05 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

At the mention of her brother, her hands tightened into fists. "What's the matter? Afraid to face me with your fists? Hiding behind a gun again like a scared little b****? Like father, like son. What was he again? Some two-bit weasel working for Two-Face? Such a big man. Beating your mother to prove it. Hey hotshot, why don't you have a go at it with me? Think you're man enough to beat a woman with your fists or is that big gun of yours the only manhood you got?"

She wanted this. The rational part of her told her that this was necessary, that she needed to knock him down a peg. To make him think twice about what would happen to him if he pulled the trigger on one of his victims. But if she was being honest with herself, she was looking forward to this.

He would charge her. Bull rush her in a maddened rage. This is what she calculated. She gamed it out in her mind. She would throw a line low, hoping to tangle his feet. He would go high, dodging the attack, hurling at her in a flying tackle. And walking right into her side kick. Right in his mid-section. Folding him in half. Leaving him open to a left hook to the jaw. Of course, it go completely differently. That was okay. She was ready for anything. Imperceptibly, she activated the lens in her eyepieces. Just in case, he decided to throw a flashbang as cover for his attack.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:35 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Each mention of his past was making him go beyond angry. He wanted to fight. The adrenaline pumped through his veins, as though urging him to spring into action. However, that was something his past self would do. Allow his urges to overcome his senses. When he trained under Lady Shiva, she was able to teach him how to keep that a little more under control. Still...it would be so damn easy to pull the trigger and shoot her. So. Damn. Easy.

"I think you are highly underestimating my manhood. All the girls say it's very impressive. And don't misspeak! My father liked kicking the s h i t out of me rather my doped out mom! Come on, Babs, get your facts straight. Maybe ask your mother sometime, I'm sure she has more common sense...oh wait. You can't, can you? Pity." He smirked. Jason had a game plan. The talking gave him time to think it through. Barbara remembered him as the rash, beat 'em up boy. If he were to speculate, she was expecting a full forced, anger-driven attack. He needed to be smarter. More unpredictable. If he charged, it was very possible he'd lose the fight within a few minutes.

Jason then fired his gun, but had tweaked his aim while they were talking just a bit so the bullet would only graze her right cheek if she stayed in her position. The moment he fired his gun, he also exploded into action. He rolled small explosive balls in the distance between them. The small explosions cause a release of black smoke. His helmet allowed him to see clearly as he, at the same time, moved to the side of her and threw his own specially crafted batarangs. He didn't stay in one spot for long. The goal was to slip behind her, and knock her out with one punch to the back of her head. Get it done quickly and show her not to underestimate him. Swiftly, he got behind her, hoping the distractions had been quick enough to pull her attention, and pulled his arm back to throw the hard punch towards her head.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:10 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

She was already in the red zone and then he HAD to mention her mother! Oh, she was going to enjoy this! Then he shot her. Stumbling back from the kinetic energy of the bullet, she felt a burning slash of pain across her cheek. Like being sideswiped by a branding iron. She raised her gloved hand to her cheek and came away with blood. Bastard!

Then he came at her, throwing smoke grenades to cover his attack. She held her breath as the acrid cloud enveloped her. She appeared disorientated, swaying slightly on her feet as he came at her from the side. She barely managed to dodge his batarangs, catching one in the shoulder blade. Grunting with the pain, she seemed to fumble for her utility belt as her adversary snuck up from behind and threw the punch that would knock her out...

Only to have it caught in her hands as she swerved her head and fixed him in her sights. "I have protective lens, d i ckhead." Now that she had his hand trapped, she could twist it, throwing off his balance. At least, that's what she intended. Leaving him open to an elbow strike to his kidneys beneath the body armor, followed by a hand thrust at his throat while knocking the back of his knees from under him with a sweep kick. That if, of course, if he didn't have any other moves up his sleeve.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:39 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

He thought she might have moved with the bullet, and throw herself off balance, but maybe he had miscalculated that. She might not have guessed he'd shoot the gun. Lucky for her it hadn't been aimed at her pretty little head. He moved quickly and fluidly, having become faster under the tutelage of many different teachers past Batman, one notably being Lady Shiva, who he trained under for six weeks.

Despite the smoke, it seemed she was able to dodge all his batarangs save for one, which embedded into her shoulder blade. Ouch. That must have hurt a bit. She seemed disoriented and was fumbling. Perfect. Jason swung his fist without any regard for holding back, putting all his weight into it. He had this fight won. But then...she caught his fist. His eyes widened beneath his mask, only for his lips to form into a small smile. He shouldn't have gotten so cocky. He was facing the one and only Barbara Gordon, after all. "Whatever, b i t c h. It didn't save you from that batarang or the bullet."

He quickly regretted his sharp, profane tongue as she twisted his hand, making his already poorly distributed balance even worse. He was aware that he was open now. Never a good thing. Using his free hand, he quickly grabbed the elbow in a firm, tight grip, stopping his kidneys from taking damage. At this, he planned on using the grip he had on her elbow to pull her forwards and headbutt her with his helmet. While she was discombobulated from the attack to her head, he would kick the side of her leg to lower her down to the ground, stomp on her back, and twist her dominant arm behind her back to keep her down. Then the fight would be his. At least, that was the plan. For now, he still had to pull off that headbutt, and hope it had the effect he was planning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

He recovered quicker than she anticipated, grabbing her elbow. Her best laid plans just took a dive out the window! She improvised on the fly, twisting to break his hold and..."UUUHHHH!" The back of her head exploded in blinding white pain as something hard and metal struck it. Simultaneously, a hard kick folded her left leg. Falling to her knees, her head reeling, she fought to stay conscious. But if Jason thought he had her, he had fatally underestimated her!

Her arm thrust out behind her, grabbing the heel of Jason's boot, tripping him up. She rolled to the side and twisted her body so she was facing up, positioning herself so she could wrap her legs around Jason's neck in a scissors lock. Now, let's see how HE liked being knocked senseless. She was set up perfectly to strangle him or failing that, lift him by the neck, exposing his midsection to where she could batter his ribs like a punching bag with a flurry of kicks and gut punches.

As a final contingency, she reached into her utility belt for the high voltage taser in the center left compartment. No way was she letting him get the upper hand on her again.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

It seemed that he had thrown her a bit off-guard by his quick recovery, which he had used to grab her elbow. Immediately, he worked it to his advantage, pulling her towards him, while also driving his head down to headbutt her, which was a successful blow. At that, he let go of her elbow, and he got his hand back. While her head most likely filled with pain, he released a sharp kick to her left leg, making her fall to her knees. His heart pounded in anticipation, the adrenaline soaring throughout his body. It was won. All he had to do was pin her down to the ground and immobilize her.

Jason moved his leg up to stomp down on her back, hoping the impact would be knocking the breath from her. However, he didn't expect her arm to lash out behind her, grab the heel of his boot, and trip him. "F u c k," he spat out as his back hit the ground hard. He hadn't been expecting her to have such a quick recovery either. They were both underestimating each other, it seemed. He then got caught in her scissors lock, and he grit his teeth. "If you wanted me...between your legs...all you had to do was ask..." He puffed out with a strangled laugh. P i s s ing her off was probably not the best plan, but it just slipped out.

Think, Todd, think. What was his plan now? She had him how she wanted him. He was entirely vulnerable with her legs around around his neck, and his body open. But not his arms. He still had options. He clasped her right leg with his left, as though it were an effort to loosen her grasp. Then, reaching down with his right arm, he clasped his knife then quickly pulled it out, letting the blade twirl in his hand so he was clutching it facing up, and then he quickly stabbed up over to the side of his head to her right leg, which he now held tightly with his left hand just in case she tried to move it. While he couldn't exactly see what specific part of the leg the blade would sink into if it were to hit, he guessed it would be just a little about her knee, or the middle of her thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:54 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

His little sexual innuendo caused her to squeeze harder. "I wouldn't be wasting my breath if I were you," she spat through gritted teeth. He wrapped his left leg around her right in a desperate attempt to pry apart her hold. He was weakening. She could feel it. It was a matter of time now. All she had to do was wait it out. She had him. She finally ha...

"AHHHH!!! F U C K!!!!"

Unwrapping her legs in a hurry, she reached for her taser. F U C K THIS! She sent 50,000 volts surging through his thigh, the duel prongs piercing through the tough fabric of his pants. Hopping up, favoring her good leg, she saw the knife plunged into her right thigh. A thin tickle of blood steadily being pumped out. She reached in her belt for a roll of QuickClot, self-sealing bandages. Then with both hands, she gripped the hilt of the knife and with a gasp, yanked it out. Quickly, she got the bandages wrapped around and tied tightly. She yanked the batarang out of her shoulder with disgust and tossed it aside. The hunk of metal fell to the ground with a clink. Thankfully, the wound wasn't deep. She pressed more gaze against it as she looked down at Jason. "A knife, really? You were always a d i c k, you know that?"