All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco sighed deeply as soon as Harry left the room, hating himself for snapping at Harry for something stupid like a kiss on the jaw. However, he still hadn't entirely forgiven Harry for throwing a tantrum, even if he had his own stuff to work through at the time.
He shook his head and closed his books, starting to pack his things together and go to the library instead. The kitchen felt suffocating, even without Harry in it anymore and he hadn't been lying when he said that this exam was important.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:37 pm 

As the season progressed, everything around Harry seemed to have picked up its pace. Before he knew of it, the first semester was coming to and end, the leaves had gone red and the lacrosse team had qualified for state finals.
The upcoming game had brought with it a pep rally to promote school spirit, and Harry found himself carrying three large shopping bags worth of groceries back to the apartment, when he should probably be spending his time more effectively.
"Hi," Harry called as he pushed open the door to the flat. As they had both grown busier with their day-to-day, the tension between Harry and Draco seemed to have dulled out and back into a politely distant living arrangement. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I need to use the kitchen for some baking-"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:52 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Autumn had come way too fast and Draco had been keeping himself busy with way too many exams and study groups. However, he had just handed in his last exam that morning and he felt freer than he had in a long time.
He was sitting in the kitchen, enjoying a cup of tea and considering what to do with his sudden free time, when Harry entered the kitchen with a gazillion baking supplies and an apology already at the ready.
"It's okay," he said with a soft smile as he took a sip from his tea, enjoying finally being able to breathe. "I have an entirety of two weeks before my next exam, so I no longer monopolising the kitchen."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:08 pm 

"Oh, that's nice," Harry breathed, genuinely happy about that. He himself had a children's psychology exam coming up, which his coach seemed to pay no mind.
As Harry kept pulling out one stick of butter after the other, amounting to nothing short of 5 pounds of unsalted butter, Harry glanced over at Draco. "D'you have any interest in baking a billion vanilla cupcake with me?" he offered with a crooked grin. "It's basically gonna be sweatshop conditions, because I'm on a very strict no-cupcake diet."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:02 pm 

The mere amount of baking supplies Harry was carrying was impressive and Draco kept an eyebrow arched as he watched. He didn't have a lot of experience with baking, but it did seem like a fun project to start on.
"Well, I am lactose intolerant, but I guess I can help you out," he said with a shrug as he took another sip from his tea. "What are we baking cupcakes for?"

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:08 pm 

Harry laughed at that, genuinely and loud, as he pulled out the last supplies.
"Well, then I'm certain this will be enjoyable for the both of us -" he chirped, seemingly in a good mood despise the amount of work ahead of him; and that was without even thinking about his school work.
"It's, uh -" Harry started, tuning his front to Draco, leaning the small of his back against the kitchen counter as he scrolled through his phone to find the email with the recipe, his coach sent him. "It's for the fall pep rally thing. We're doing a bakesale with the lacrosse girls."

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 pm 

Draco nodded softly at that, assessing all the groceries Harry had purchased for the event. It was going to take them forever to make cupcakes out of all of it, but maybe that wasn't a bad thing. It was probably good for him and Harry to spend some time together and get to know each other as roommates. Or at least for them to talk about something that wasn't just scolding the other for snogging a guy in their common areas.
"Is that a recipe you have there?" He asked, wanting to look through the recipe if he was going to be helping Harry out with this.

Last edited by iamcrystalqueer on Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:40 pm 

Harry just hummed at that. He had scrolled through his inbox, finally finding the email in question - mailed with an reminder from his coach that these cupcakes were not for his own enjoyment.
As Harry glanced up, he was momentarily surprised to find Draco standing far closer than he had expected. He had to take a couple of seconds to remind himself that rationally, Draco was standing at a normal distance for someone asking to see a phone.
"Yeah, here," Harry muttered, handing over his phone to Draco. "I've gotta make the vanilla ones."

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:06 pm 

Draco took the phone out of Harry's hand, accidentally brushing against his fingers in the process, but he didn't think much of that. Instead, he skimmed over the recipe, pleased to learn that it seemed fairly simple if they just got their **** together. He handed the phone back to Harry with a soft smile, feeling that he was in the right state of mind to cook a gazillion cupcakes for something he didn't care much for.
"Alright, seems fairly simple. Especially not when we are two. It's still going to take forever, especially because they have to cool before we pipe them, but it should be doable."

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 pm 

The fleeting feeling of Draco's hand brushing against Harry's made Harry's heart skip a beat, making it impossible for him to pay any attention to Draco's words. Within split seconds it felt like his heart was hammering in his chest, and Harry just gawked mindlessly at Draco.
"Yeah, sure," Harry answered, a bit too late and without any feeling whether or not that was a fitting answer. Not wanting to give Draco a moment to comment on it, Harry turned away towards the baking supplies. "Um, where do we start?"

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:05 pm 

Draco turned towards the baking supplies, trying to figure out where to begin. "Well, we'll have to start with the base," he said as if it wasn't already obvious.
He grabbed a bowl from one of the cabinets, figuring that he would start measuring off ingredients. He got the measuring cups out as well and slowly started to measure off, mostly off of what he remembered from having read it just moments before.
"Can you turn on the oven?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:03 pm 

"That I can do," Harry said, his voice genuinely portraying how little he expected from his own baking skills. Harry had not baked anything sweet since he got on the lacrosse diet in freshman year, but turning on an oven was a skill he had yet to forget.
He lent forward to inspect the knobs on the stove, before decoding the symbols for the first time and setting the heating on an appropriate setting and temperature.
"What next?" he asked while straightening his back, moving closer to Draco to glance at the recipe on his phone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:31 am 

Draco looked at the recipe, trying to figure out what to do next. He did notice that Harry was standing very close by, but he tried to write it off as their kitchen being tiny and Harry needing to see the recipe. They were just roommates making cupcakes after all.
"We need to measure the dry ingredients first," he said, keeping his eyes on the recipe as he tried to memorise how much they needed of each. "Can you get a bowl and a kitchen scale?" He asked as he finally turned to look at Harry, smiling softly at him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:16 pm 

Harry just hummed at that, nodding slightly as he read the instructions on the phone. Upon glancing up at Draco, he found himself surprisingly close to Draco - far more than expected - and an apologetically crooked grin appeared on his features.
Harry backed away, finding the scale in no time; after all, he was sure he used it far more than Draco. He, however, crouched down to look into the cabinet, trying to get a hold of the largest and least used bowl in the back.
"Do we need a bowl for the wet ingredients, too, or is that not necessary?" he asked, as he pulled out the larger one and placed it clumsily on the counter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:29 pm 

Draco skimmed the recipe for an answer to Harry's question.
"Yeah, grab another one for that too," he stated as he put the bowl on the scale and started measuring out the dry ingredients. He was humming softly to himself as he poured flour and sugar into the bowl, swaying his hips softly in the tune to the song he was humming.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:35 am 

Harry glanced towards Draco upon hearing his response, only to realise that Draco was standing very close. The proximity was only enhanced by the other's movements, and for a split second, Harry felt like Draco's hip was gonna brush against his shoulder at any given moment.
Admittedly, Harry took a moment too long to react. Momentarily captivated by the swaying of Draco's hips and the soft hummed melody, Harry completely forgot what he was doing. Realising too late that he had taken a too-long break, Harry cleared his throat, and slightly flushed grabbed the first and best bowl out of the cabinet, and quickly stood back up, desperately needing more distance between his face and Draco's crotch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 am 

Draco went through measuring the ingredients, still humming and swaying softly as he went on to the wet ingredients.
Soon, he had put together the dough and was carefully measuring it into the muffin tins, wanting them to be at least a little uniform. It was surprisingly nice to get to concentrate on making cupcakes and he only felt a little bad about taking over entirely. It did help that Harry didn't seem to mind his takeover.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:56 pm 

Upon realising that Draco seemed to have everything under control, Harry made no real effort in trying to interfere. In stead, he just watched Draco filling up the first tray, politely edging closer to grab the tray once the first batch was filled.
After having put it into the oven, Harry wiped a thin layer of flour off of the counter, before pulling himself onto the counter in a seated position. There he sat another couple of moments, watching as Draco carried on with the next batch.
"Do you bake much?" Harry finally broke the silence, in an attempt to make polite small talk.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:14 pm 

Draco shrugged at the question, because he really didn't, but he did enjoy doing it occasionally. It was fairly easy to back after all, especially something as simple as cupcakes. It was just about following the recipe and that was something Draco could do no problem.
"Not really. I like baking though, but I never make time for it," he said, concentrating mostly on making the next batch of cupcakes. It was calming to just go through the motions now that he had already done it once. "I don't assume you bake a lot."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:31 pm 

"I, uh -" Harry started, being momentarily distracted by Draco's hands. "I used to bake bread every now and then. It's been a couple of years, though."
Harry had enjoyed baking savory things through out high school and freshman year of college, but that hadn't lasted long. "That was of course before bread was cut out of my diet."
The addition was spoken as a laughing exhale, unable to find it inexplicably sad. Harry's eyes once again met Draco, a grin lighting up his face from ear to ear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next