Post subject: My Sunshine
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Candance peeked over the balcony slowly, trying to hide behind some crates so the officers below wouldn't notice her. There was a group of people crowded in the hanger. A small group of scientist was bickering over some papers with some of the top officers. She saw the General of all military procedures for the World Government and let out a soft eep that echoed in the huge hanger. At the sound, all heads jerked around to look for it and Candance quickly scurried behind the crate.

Her heart was pounding. Why the hell did her curiosity get to her? Her supervisor, the top engineer of scientific discovery here at the World's Government Space Science, had been called to an urgent meeting. She overheard the words 'Hanger C' which was the hanger for classified missions as well as the words 'Keep it quiet.'

She winced at the memory of what was happening before the interrupting news.

"I told you many times Candance! The mathematical equation wouldn't work! Look what you did!" Her supervisor yelled down at her as she hunched over in her chair, staring at the ground and wincing at his words. Her head was so low and her shoulders were hunched over so far she was almost in a ball in the chair. Her supervisor continued to lecture her, pointing continuous to her... 'experiment'.

An exploded mass of metal, wires, and chemical liquid like jelly soaked into the concert floor. She had believed her new idea and formulas would work. She did not think it fully through and the combustion of the chemicals with other substances had... well... let's just say the exact think her supervisor had warned her about had happened. She could still feel the smoke clinging to her clothes, face, and brown hair.

She glanced her brown eyes up at him, the white of her eyes showing believe them. If her supervisor didn't know better, she would have looked like a guilty, pitiful puppy. When she opened her mouth to explain again, he cut her off with a swipe of his hand in the air. He let out a soft sigh, giving her a hard look and was about to open his mouth to say something, most likely to fire her, when a deep voice spoke up.

"Sir! You presence is demanded immediately!" The young officer yelled, his military gear sparkling from the bright overhanging lights in the small engineering hanger. Her supervisor jumped slightly at the sudden interruption. His face turned red in anger as her twisted around to give the new visitor a lecture but when he was quiet Candance looked up and her eyes widened at the sight. Her supervisors back had straightened and he looked stiff and frozen in place. The young officer quickly ushered him away which he followed, the two of them whispering.

She had decided after seeing her supervisor's reaction that she had to know what was going on. So she glanced over the balcony again to hear words that raised every hair on her body and her heart begin to race faster than light.

"Attention!" The general yelled out to a line of what looked to be a variety of people who, based on their uniforms and medals attached to their chest, top knock in their class and specification. "We have a highly classified mission that is of the utmost importance. You are not allowed to have any contact with anyone after this meeting. You have 24 hours before take off. If you are supervisor of your division, we need you to stay and prepare our Plan A mission. You are ordered to read in your best under your supervision and only them. No family. No relatives. No spouses or children may know about this mission." A silence that seemed to thicken in the air hung over everyone.

The general stopped speaking, stopping in front of them and giving them a serious face. His eyes were shadowed from Candance's perch as he looked down, his tall and massive form overshadowing some of the people.

"Our Sun is dying." A long silence that seemed to make the air even thicker followed, until it was broken up from a loud crash.

Candance was cussing at the top of the second floor balcony. Holding onto dear life to a strapping that had seemed to be wrapped around one of the crates at one point... until her foot unhooked it. Now she held onto it as the crate began to slowly slide over the edge of the open balcony where it was generally picked up by the cranes. Her hold and her weight did nothing and she came to the realization that she was slowly being dragged along with the crate. She yelped and quickly let go of the strap, watching as the 500lb crate crashed onto the first floor.

"Oh ****!" She yelled, glancing down and wincing at the sudden mess of equipment and bent metal from the crate scattered on the floor. After wincing at that mess, she got a sudden chill and glanced towards the 'secret' meeting she was spying on to find all eyes trained on her.

"Candance!" Her supervisor yelled and she cringed.

"Oh ****!" Candance got up quickly and jerked her head around in search of an escape route. She found it, but before she could even take a step, two guards showed up with some pretty big guns in their hands. She gulped and shook her head. "I heard nothing. I swear! I was just... trying to find the restroom?" She ended her lame lie as a question and her face was squished up in a tight fake innocent smile as she seemed to shrink from the guards.

Before long, she was down with her supervisor and the other people, all eyes on her.

"You know this woman?" The general asked her supervisor.

"Yes, she's an engieener under my supervision."

"Then she'll join the mission."

"No!" Both Candance and her supervisor yelled out at the same time, shocking the general out of his stern look. He glanced between the two who both seemed very adamant that she was not to go on this mission.

"I'm a horrible engineer!"

"She really is sir! I'm almost certain she'll blow up the ship!"

"I will! I totally will!" Candance looked at the General with the most pitiful please-don't-take-me look that he actually stared at her at awe. Was she a child? He glanced between her supervisor and her for a minute before slumping his shoulders with a soft groan and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I cannot let her out of this hanger knowing what she heard." The general spoke firmly. Her supervisor seemed to stop at this and then had the same reaction as the general and pinched the bridge of his nose. "We have to keep this locked down as tight as possible. The only people that are allowed to know are supervisors who have been ordered to stay for their own mission while one of their charges joins this mission."

"But I heard nothing! I swear! I heard nothing about the su- oh um... whatever this... meeting was about..." Candance quickly glanced away, feeling a trickle of sweat down her spine as she realized she let the cat out of the bag.

"Yep. You're going."

"But, but!"

"You. Are. Going. That is an order from your government!" The general stepped forward until he was right in front of her, towering over her. She immediately shrank and nodded her head. With that gesture as her approval, the general stepped back and began to address the other members of the room.

Candance eyes teared up as she glanced at her supervisor with a look of pure fear, begging him to get her out of this with her soft brown eyes. He avoided her gaze quickly and glued his eyes on the general. She huffed under her breath, before fear sunk into every cell in her body from the general's next words.

"You're going to space."

Last edited by Yue on Wed May 10, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: My Sunshine
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:07 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

For three hours, Trevor has stood at parade rest. He has been, under his heavy lids nearly covering his eyes, watching the General and scientists preparing for this meeting. He has no idea why he is here and in his blues, he should instead be standing guard. When the General calls out, "Reinhardt! Front and center!", he quickly blinks out of his imagination and approaches, saluting and giving a slight click of his heels, "Sir!"

"Go get that damnable engineer!" Comes the sharp response and the General returns to his presentation. Trevor stands for a few moments then nods a dnd disappears down a hallway. As he makes his way to the engineering quarters, he can't help but grimace. Last time he had ended up here by accident and nearly got hit by a wrench by a severely angry engineer. She was someone he wanted to avoid.

After getting lost, he finally manages to burst into the engineering office and sees the man he is supposed to retrieve standing over the sitting form of another engineer. Oh boy! It's her! Looks like she is in trouble! he can't help but think as he recognizes Candace. Not threatening to knock off people's heads with wrenches now, are yah? Then he takes a better look at the situation.

It seems as if she has messed up, and was on the verge of getting fired. Trevor takes one look into those large brown eyes and find himself speaking up, distracting the supervisor. After leading him towards the conference hall, relying more on the supervisor's knowledge of those lengthy corridors, Trevor begins to hear the soft sounds of someone following them. As they turn a corner, he catches a flash of a person and a grin flashes on his face for a mere moment, Escapes being fired and is now trying to sneak into a top secret meeting? Foolish. Ah, well, it'll be fun when they discover her. More of a break from that long winded General than anything else. he nods as the scientist finishes up whatever he was taking about. After what appears to be a stern glare from the engineer, Trevor can't help but give him a meek smile, "Sorry, Sir. Mathematics are not my specialty. I'm much better at Physical Education."

He salutes the General, then starts to zone out as the meeting progresses. It is only a slight eep that takes his attention off the small empty space right above the General's head and drags it to a metal box on high, where he sees the female engineer from before hiding. He chuckles slightly, and goes back to the meeting. Standard stuff. No one is supposed to know about a secret mission, gotcha he starts to fade back into la la land until he hears those four words.

"Our Sun is dying."

Trevor feels his muscles tightening. Crap. is the only thought he has time for before Candance, and her spot, goes tumbling down into the middle on the conference. He is among the first people there and starts moving things around to make sure she is alright, but steps back during the General's interaction with her. His heavy lidded, golden eyes don't leave her face, wishing she had chosen some other meeting to stumble into. Man. Well, at least there will be one familiar face during this trip.

After the General storms off and goes back to addressing everyone, Trevor offers his hand to her. "Makes you wish you weren't following us, huh? Don't worry, Space isn't so bad. It's just.....empty. Looks like we are going to be traveling together, I'm Captain Reinholdt." He offers her a small smile. You know, if she didn't try to bash my head in a few weeks ago, she would be almost cute now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:55 pm 

Getting picked for some top secret military mission really wasn’t how Ani had seen her life going. She had to admit that it was a pretty cool plot twist in her life, although she wasn’t sure if she’d ever be able to brag to anyone about this, the military guys she’d spoken with so far had been very clear about the ‘top secret’ aspect of the mission. She shrugged slightly as she walked down a hall towards the hangar, whatever this was about, it would definitely be more interesting than her last internship.

Eventually, Ani reached the end of the hallway that opened up into Hangar C and breathed a sigh of relief. She had nearly gotten lost twice and never would’ve forgiven herself if she was late for what was probably the coolest job offer of her life. Upon entering she paused a moment to get her bearings in the much larger room. The hangar was in chaos with everyone huddled together in different groups, whispering anxiously or barking out orders as they prepared for the meeting. No one really seemed to notice when she entered and she felt a brief stab of regret that she hadn’t worn high heels to make a louder entrance. The only person to notice her come in was her supervisor, Dr. Grey, an older woman who honestly looked like she might drop dead at any moment. She was discussing something with a group of scientists and looked up briefly to wave at Ani as she walked in. The group of scientists all turned to look at Ani and she stood up straighter, pushing her glasses up on her nose and giving her cockiest grin as she walked past them.

The general eventually called everyone to line up and gave his speech about their mission. Ani’s heart dropped, she hadn’t been told the specifics of the mission and it was getting harder to treat this like a cool promotion when the whole world was at stake. She tapped her foot anxiously. This doesn’t change anything, she told herself. All this means is I’m the best future doctor in the world AND I’m gonna save the world. That’s like, twice as coo-

A loud crash interrupted her thoughts as an engineer dropped a crate into a hangar. Ani felt slightly bad for the engineer who clearly didn’t want to be there but couldn’t help laughing slightly at the entrance. Damn, that would’ve been a good way to show up, I should’ve done that.

She watched as a man ran up to help her and it took a moment for the general’s words to click. Her eyes widened as she realized that they were two of the people she would be traveling with. Oh, I can already tell this’ll be a fun trip. She glanced back at the general so see if he had anything else to say- it seemed like he did but Ani shrugged and headed over towards the two of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Alex was in his own work space, focus entirely on his current project. He had spent much of the day tapping away at one of his computers, writing lines of code, while listening to the constant whir of fans, and shifting his view from one screen to the next. The program he was working on was to be finished in two weeks, though when he had been given the specifics, Alex had merely scoffed. He could easily have it done in one week tops, after all, this was beginner's work, someone of his skills could and should be given bigger assignments of more importance than this.

He had heard of some meeting going on in one of the hangars, but it didn't involve him, as far as he knew anyway. The programmer had always hated meetings of any kind. Being forced to sit through long hours of the same people drawing out such a simple problem. 

Headphones on, Alex was hunched over his keyboard, ignoring the outside world when the knock sounded at his door. With a groan, Alex leaned back in his chair, rubbing at his eyes before he pulled the headphones off and stood to open the door. It was his supervisor. Without a word, Alex raised one eyebrow in question.

"Hallows, I must speak to you about a matter of utmost importance." Following the man to his own office, Alex was ushered in before the door was closed. 

"So, is this for a new project? Maybe something more suiting my talents?" The programmer asked, cracking his fingers in anticipation. Ignoring the comment, Alex's supervisor took a seat across from him.

"Alex, you have been selected for a top secret mission." As Alex was informed of the mission, his attitude towards it changed from one of excited he had finally been recognized for his abilities in his area of study, to that of hell no.

"You expect me to go on some mission into space with some ragtag group of..."

"The others have likely gathered in Hangar C, you should go meet with them." Alex was cut off. Scowling, he quickly grabbed his bag from his own work space, slinging it over his shoulder, and made his way to the hangar. 

Once there, he looked over the people who were there. Many of them he had seen before, mostly in passing, and very few were those he actually knew. Alex stood with his arms crossed, looking both **** off, and ready to leave should this just end of being a waste of his time.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:31 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

"Oh god, I'm about to cry." Candance waved her wind into her face with her hands, her eyes wide and misty as she tried to wave away the tears. She was about to cry. She could feel dread and despair. The General turned around sharply and gave her a glare at her interruption. She whimpered, shrieking from him and hiding behind the soldier that had come to stand near her. The General grunted and turned back to face the rest of the people.

When the solider held out his hand and introduced himself to her Candance paused and hesitated before taking his hand. "Candance. Horrible engineer at your service." She whispered to him, still a little puffed at the General. She quickly stuck her tongue out at the General's back, who quickly turned around and glared at her suddenly as if he knew and had eyes on the back of his skull. She eeped and hid behind Captain Reinholdt again and the new arrival.

Her supervisor seemed to be in extreme pain. His face twisted into a grimace as he tried to avoid Candance's stare. He clearly didn't want to deal with the outburst that Candance was about to throw at him. Boy did she want to throw something at him, but she wanted to throw something more at the General than anything else. She ignored the General discussing more about the dreadful and horrible mission she was dragged into because of him. She did nothing wrong but try and eavesdrop! Instead, she daydreamed about hitting him with her wrench. She daydreamed the hell out of that.

"The goal of this mission is to head towards unexplored space territory in hopes of finding any sort of knowledge on how to keep our sun alive. This is currently our Plan B. We are in works of a Plan A here which includes the building of space stations for population to be moved away from Earth and into a safer region in space. We are also sending drones to other possible planets we've come across that could be good for habitation. We are spread thin as it is with the cutbacks." The General muttered under his breath. "But we'll make due."

He turned around swiftly to the Candance and the two others and gave them a hard stare down. Candance felt a trickle of sweat go down her spine at the idea that he may have read her mind. "You three and another will be on the Plan B mission." The General narrowed his eyes on Candance for a minute, before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Please don't make me regret this." He whispered to himself quickly before staring down the three of them. "We have no idea what is out there. It is quite possible you may run into a life force we have never met before. We cannot help you from here. You will be on your own. But remember you are doing a great service for your planet and we hope that you succeed in helping us save the Sun and Earth." He quickly nodded his head towards them and turned around to face everyone else.

"24 hours until take off! Make sure you go pack up your ****." The General walked off after that.

Candance watched him walk off behind her new friends before grinning. Now was her chance to escape. She quickly turned around to make a run for it when she yelped at the sight of her supervisor standing right there. She took a step back with wide eyes. He glared down at her and she shrunk from him.

"I swear Candance. I swear if you come back and I mean IF..." Candance gulped at the words and shrunk further away from him. "You. Are. Fired." He hissed the words out before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Your grandfather was such a great engineer. You'd think his grand-."

"You shouldn't mistake me for my grandfather."

At the sudden stern tone from Candance, her supervisor stepped back in shock. He stared at the sudden straight shoulders and stern glare she sat on him. She always seemed timid and weak with a tendency to get angry easy but this was... something else. He'd never seen her react this way and with such confidence. He gulped, looking away and pulling on the collar of his shirt. "Right. Of course... I..." He paused, looking back at her. "Please be safe." He whispered to her then scratched the back of his neck. "Let me help you pack everything you need."

"I'm not going!" Candance said, placing her hands on her hips and puffing her chest out, but the confidence she shown a minute ago at the mention of her grandfather had dissipated and the tension in her body and face gave away her true feelings. Her supervisor narrowed his eyes at her and she shrunk again. "Okay, okay." Candance quickly surrendered and quickly headed off with him to grab her things.

A few hours later and suit case and gear packed, Candnace stood in front of the SS Infinion. The ship her grandfather designed and built. Well one of the several at least. She knew the blueprints of this ship better than the back of her hand. It was engraved into her skull. She almost chuckled at the thought that she was actually going out into the space on one of her grandfather's spaceships. He'd be proud. She sighed, grabbing her **** and walked toward the loading zone. She instructed the cargo crew on what to add onto the list quickly, instructing them on the material she needed and what the others may needed. She had a general idea of the needs they may have.

At the site of the guns they were going to load, her face went pale white and she quickly looked away.

After giving them her orders she stared at the ship again and decided it was probably time to board.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Time: 0600 hours
Year: 2038

It had still been quite some time before sunrise. When Yogi received the call. His presences had been requested at the global command center. It was rare for him to of received such requests, but he knew it meant something big was going down. He had just returned from an small operation over in eastern Europe. His squad mates, good guys, but were ordered not to come with him. It was him, and he alone who had been ordered to attend this meeting.

"Boss. What the hell is going on? What do they mean we aren't coming with ya on this one!?" His squad mate Briggs commented, as he had dropped off his equipment near his bunk. Yogi shrugged, and turned to the rest of his squad. "I can't say. You know how those spooks like to keep their secrets." The team chuckled at those words. Even in a Utopian earth. Old habits as they say, "die hard." There had been nothing else said from the team to their commander. They knew if he had a new mission on his plate. Old Yogi was the best one to send on it.

Yogi arrived at HQ around 8:30 am. Government, and military personal alike had clamored around their desks. The expression of grief and fear read across their face like the cover to a book. Something indeed major had caused everyone to be on edge. It had even been made more apparent to Yogi. When he arrived inside the meeting room. Razor sharp gazes pierced through him like daggers. The tension in that room had been so thick. You could cut it with a knife.

"Ah! Captain Yogi, good to have you finally with us. I had hoped you be here much sooner." Greeted Director Black as he stood in front of the large conference desk before him. Yogi shrugged. "The Taxi over had gotten himself lost." The Director smiled, only for a second, before he pointed to an empty chair. Yogi nodded, and walked over to his seat. Once seated, the conversation that it looked like he had interrupted picked back up. "The experts are saying that we have a possible window of opportunity to send a small exploration team , but it is a small window."

The conversation in the meeting went on for about hour to two hours. It had felt like eternity for Yogi. Who had almost fell asleep twice during the blasted thing. Hell, he had not even bothered to of noticed the holograms, or Intel being described in the briefing. He was not a man who fared well behind a desk, or a suit for that matter. To him. All of this data was irreverent. Sooner or later. They would get to the point, and that was all he needed.

It had finally seemed like the briefing was about over. When the conversation had been directed towards him. The only reason he noticed that. Is that those ever so charming snake eyes of the members at the meeting now were focused on him. "Captain. I know this is probably all dull for you, but I assure you. There is a point to our conversation today." That is when the Director dropped what could only be described as the mushroom cloud of an atomic blast on Yogi. "Our sun is going to go out, and we do have much time left. That is why I have summoned you here today."

After that meeting. The now sobered, and quite aware Captain Yogi stood. Dressed in his battle attire, and with a good amount of firepower strapped to his person. The sun. A large sphere that presented the planet he lived on with free energy. The same sun that his father, and his father fought under. The same sun that he married his wife under. With everything it had gave to humanity. It's time had finally started to of ticked towards zero hour. He had been briefed on his mission, and was given a special seat aboard the SS Infinion. His task was simple. Provide the exploration team with security, and most of all. To be the eyes and ears to command.

He did not like the idea of being a damn lackey to some spooks, but he had his orders. He had arrived at the main dock. Where the SS Infinion had been docked, and being prepped for departure. He had been ordered to replace another soldier on board this vessel. He did not know exactly who, but just that their services had been redirected elsewhere. He had noticed the "crew" had soon arrived along with him at the dock. From their mission portfolios, Yogi was able to put names to faces. "Candance" Yogi called out as he approached the ship. his voice, could be compared to an old hollywood actor known as Dolph Lundgren.

" A Captain Reinhardt has new marching order, I'm his replacement."

Yogi was covered head to toe in medium weight battle armor. His helmet covered his head.

While a range finder, and specialized goggles had been activated.

These devices allowed him to keep check of his current postion, and mainly his H.U.D.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by ChroniclesOfGrim on Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:34 pm 

After the initial chaos of the meeting, things had been pretty slow for Ani. She’d felt bad for the engineer who clearly wanted nothing to do with this mission but decided to focus on preparing instead of making conversation with her. After the meeting ended she’d packed up what she needed with some hesitance. What did you even bring on a mission to space? She packed quickly, not bringing much since it seemed like most of the medical equipment she needed would be supplied. After packing she paced a lot, going on several walks to try and burn off her nervous energy. The reality of the possibly world ending threat was starting to sink in and it was hard to be as excited as she had been.

Still, by the time the 24 hours were up Ani had mostly made peace with her mission. This was, although not the most natural, the next step towards being the best doctor in the world-no, solar system- she thought. If they made it back safe, and she’d make sure of that, she would be world famous. The Doctor That Saved The World… nah too long. As she made her way towards where the ship was, she started brainstorming different headlines for when she got back.

In the hangar, the S.S. Infinion was already being prepped for departure. She noticed the large guns being loaded on with an approving nod. Between her and the artillery, the crew was probably safer than anyone on earth. Still, she had to wonder what they were expected to run into out there that they would need such strong defenses. There were already two members of the crew in the hangar when she got there. Ani immediately recognized Candance from the meeting and started towards her, noting the unfamiliar soldier beside her.

She slung her bag over her shoulder and pushed her glasses up her nose again, flashing a winning smile as she approached them, already talking quickly.

“Ah, Candance, we didn’t get to talk much before-bad luck getting put on this mission by the way- and you,” she turned to Yogi, “You’re new, but with all that fancy armor you seem pretty qualified to be here. I’m Ani Pavlon, I’ll be your doctor on the ship.” She finally paused to take a breath.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:04 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Alex had heard what the man had said. Saving the Sun and Earth, possibly meeting some sort of life force, blah, blah, blah. He wasn't some sort of adventurer, this was not what he had signed up for. When he heard the 24 hours before departure, the tech whiz didn't wait around any longer. From what he had gathered there was no getting out of this. As he made his way to his room, Alex tried to think of the positives. This mission, if they survived it, would look great in his file. Who else could boast about saving the Earth? He would get those high end assignments in no time! Maybe even a promotion. That would be nice, maybe get a better work space that didn't resemble a closet jam packed with computers and other machines. He could finally upgrade to that computer he'd had his eye on for some time now.

With these thoughts, Alex packed a bag with a few personal belongings before shouldering a second slightly larger bag with his work things that he doubted would be stocked for him. He knew what worked best for certain programs, and if he needed to rewire something, or decode a program he wanted his own tools. 

Standing outside the S.S. Infinion, Alex eyed the others of his new crew. He had watched all the equipment being loaded and wondered what the heck they were getting into if they needed all of it. He was eager to see what kind of system the ship had, having very little experience with any of the ships as his tasks focused mainly on things for the base or for other programmers to continue. Reaching up to his neck, he found his headphones and sighed. He never went anywhere without them, space included. 

The rest of the crew didn't exactly give him a boost of confidence but he supposed if they were to be stuck on a metal death trap together, he may as well get along...or ignore them, whichever was easier. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:18 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Candance jumped at her name echhoing in the large space of the hanger, swirling around on her heels with a slight misstep, fixing herself into a straight posture. She gulped and started to go through all the mishaps and mistakes she made that could have gotten her into trouble. Her started to flush a beat red at the realization that there were a lot. She cringed before her eyes landed on the person who actually called out her name.

She blinked at him. Full on solider. That was the best description should could give him at first look. All thoughts of her previous mistakes and possible being in trouble fled her mind as she just stared at this new man with wide eyes and slight shock. How did he know her name? Who was this guy? What did he want with her? Oh crap, was she really in trouble? She started to have a small inside panic attack until his words finally registered.

"Replacement?" She asked, carefully thinking of who he may be referring to when it suddenly clicked. The solider from the meeting who let her hide behind him from the evil jerk of a General. "Oh! Right. Captain Reinhardt... wait he's not coming?!"

Candance frowed at this news. She wanted to have at least one nice person on the crew who wouldn't yell at her for screwing up, because she knew she would screw up. She eyed the new solider specifically and nodded her head at her own question. Yep, he totally would yell at her. She sighed at this thought, a little down for that moment before staring right at him and raising an eyebrow.

"And your name would be? I would introduce myself but you clearly already know who I am..." Candance smirked at her own little joke.

Suddenly a blast of words were targeted at them and Candance jerked wide eyed as the fast talking woman. She recognized her from the meeting as well as part of her crew and she tilted her head and just watch the woman in amazement as she just blabbered on. She continued to stare at the woman even after she was done as if in a daze and then quickly shook her head. "Oh wait, what??" She questioned, trying to remember what the woman had actually said, rather than being amazed by her fast speaking. "Oh right! Doctor! Ani P... Pavlon!" She snapped her fingers as she got the name right with a grin from her distracted memory.

"Nice to meet you Ani! You sure do talk fast." Candance grinned at her.

When she heard a soft sigh, her eyes went over to a young man standing over near her ship. Or their ship! Right, their ship. Of course, their ship.

She decided he was an interesting fella and skipped over to him with a grin on her face, before sticking her hand straight out for him, her arm completely straight at an awkward angle. "Hi! I'm Candance! Are you here to join us on our super duper secret mission that we're all going to die from??"

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:17 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Yogi had turned towards the doctor. "Dr. Pavlon, right." Yogi had skimmed a bit through her dossier. Not much that jumped out to him, but she was damn fine doctor by all accounts. To Yogi, that is all that you can really ask out of medical personal. He had noticed Candance's withdraw from the conversation, and how she attempted to strike up a conversation. With who he had identified as the ship's engineer. Yogi shrugged, and then turned back to face Ani. "Yogi." He said with a quick response as he glared at the woman. He was not much for conversation, and that's just how it was for the old wardog.

As he stood there. A trio of dock personal had argued in the corner. "What the hell is with this crap!? Two minuets and we get extra orders to load this junk unto the ship's cargo hold! What is in here anyway!? A body!?" Yogi shot both men a death glare. One in which the two personal could not help, but feel somewhat uneasy. "Listen man. I am sorry, I did not mean to call this stuff junk." Yogi nodded, but kept his attention on the three men.

Something large in size had been loaded unto the gangplank, and up inside the cargo hold. What it was. Is a mystery that only Yogi had known the answer to. He sighed, and shook his head. "It's been sometime since I operated without my team." He chuckled for a moment at the thought. Oh the stories he could of told. The secret wars and missions that never happened. All of this, and now he had been put on a mission that in the grand scheme of things. Was probably going to be the hardest mission he had ever underwent.

To say that he had his doubts, would be too much to admit for a man like him. There had to be no doubts. There had to be no second gusses. Every choice would have to be the best choice. Every corner he turned had to be sharp as the tip of his combat knife. Each bullet that left the chamber of his rifle had to be just as sure as the next stepped he would make. It had not even occurred to him at the time why someone of his caliber was even assigned to this mission. Why would you need a incarnation of death at your side. When life is something you were trying to preserve.

Maybe he had over thought it, or maybe he had under thought it. He couldn't help it, and it bugged him. So many doubts, so many variables left out in the wind. He would not falter. He would not fail. He is a warrior, and like the noble grizzly bear. He would stand tall amongst the doubt, and fear. His claws sharp, and his rawr as loud as the bullets that he let rip from his rifle. For not just him. For not just his wife, but for the flags of his fathers. Those who gave all for their families. Now it was his turn.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft